GM Jhaeman's PFS1 Module: "City of Golden Death"

Game Master Jhaeman

Maps & Handouts


701 to 750 of 1,085 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Seeing how well Rogarch's magical missiles worked, Candledark decides to follow her companion's lead. But this time, the speeding ball of energy has no effect!

Botting Candledark as using his wand of magic missiles. Everyone can safely infer that the monster has some spell resistance.

spell resistance check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


In a flash of light, the demon disappears and reappears in the midst of the Pathfinders!

The demon teleports.

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager(Metamagic Rager) 5 |Buffs: Blood Boiling Pill (4/8 hours),Ablative Barrier (15/25 points, 5 hours),Alchemical Grease(4 hours),Heightened Awareness(10 min),Shield.
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 4/18 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 0/2
HP 52/52|Converts 5 lethal damage ==>Non lethal damage|1.5x Bleed |AC 23 T 12 FF 21|Uncanny Dodge|CMB+9 CMD 21/26 vs grapple|F +9 R +6 W +3 +2 vs Cold|INIT +11 includes H.A.|PER +14 Darkvision 60', SM+1|Speed 30'|

I believe that Ting and Goran are up. How like a Babau demon to leave the party hanging like that...


Initiative (Round 1)

Rogarch
Candledark
Slimy Monster
Ting
Goran

Bold should go!

It's slimy *and* holds up the queue!

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

Goran slides over a step to allow Rogarch a better chance to hit the monster's weak spot. He brings his morningstar down with a grunt of effort.

attack, cold iron: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 231d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


The cold iron head of Goran's morningstar sizzles when it contacts the demon's skin, clearing hurting it! And just as importantly, the weapon seems unaffected by the acidic slime that coats the demon . . .

Goran's attack hit and did full damage, and since cold iron has a hardness of 10, the weapon takes no damage.

Ting is up.

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 6 | HP 58/58 | AC 22/T15/FF18 | F+7/R+10/W+4 | BA+6/CMB+10/CMD24 | init+4 | Perc+12/+15 | Dis. Dev. +21+24 | Sneak 2d6 | Wand CLW 5/50

Ting, though not the brightest feather in the nest, is reasonably observant. And when he saw Goran's morningstar sizzle as it hit the demon, ting drew his coldiron sawtooth sabre from its scabbard with his off talon. Stepping beside Rogarch, he swings the sabre in his right talon at the demon.

move action: draws the weapon, 5 ft step, attack: coldiron Sawtooth sabre, PA
attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 = 19 for damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13


The demon almost manages to parry the blow, but Ting's sabre rattles deep into the monster's belly!

Ting's attack hit and did full damage.


Initiative (Round 2)

Rogarch
Candledark

Slimy Monster
Ting
Goran

Bold should go!

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager(Metamagic Rager) 5 |Buffs: Blood Boiling Pill (4/8 hours),Ablative Barrier (15/25 points, 5 hours),Alchemical Grease(4 hours),Heightened Awareness(10 min),Shield.
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 4/18 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 0/2
HP 52/52|Converts 5 lethal damage ==>Non lethal damage|1.5x Bleed |AC 23 T 12 FF 21|Uncanny Dodge|CMB+9 CMD 21/26 vs grapple|F +9 R +6 W +3 +2 vs Cold|INIT +11 includes H.A.|PER +14 Darkvision 60', SM+1|Speed 30'|

Rogarch decides to save her ire for now. A wand comes sliding out of her spring loaded wrist sheath while she draws her long sword with her other hand. She speaks a word of power and her sword whips around the Babau demon trying to trip it.

Trip vs CMD, Blade Lash, MW-Long Sword, Flank: 1d20 + 9 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 10 + 1 + 2 = 37

Blade Lash is SR=NO.


| HP 26/26 |1 non lethal damage|AC 24 T 10 FF 24| CMB +7 CMD 16| F +5 R +1 W +3| PER +8 Darkvision 60', Tremor Sense 60' SM+0| Speed 20', Burrow 20', Earth Glide, Stealth +7|Active Conditions Improved Evasion| Immune: Bleed, Paralysis, Poison, Sleep effects, Stunning, Critical Hits, Sneak Attack, Flanking or Precision Damage|Small Earth Elemental Familiar (Arcane Bloodline) N|Buffs Mage Armor

Rawk-N-Role holds his ground for now and keeps up his defensive posture.


The demon gets pulled to the ground!

Rogarch's attack hit, and the demon is prone.

Candledark is up.


Uncomfortably close to the enraged (if prone) demon, Candledark decides defense takes priority!

The slimy monster jumps to its feet, leaving an opening for the other Pathfinders to strike!

Botting Candledark as doing a 5' step back and Total Defense.

The monster stands as a move action. It may or may not survive the AoOs, so we'll resolve those first and then I'll continue its turn. Goran, Ting, and Rogarch, please take your AoOs.

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager(Metamagic Rager) 5 |Buffs: Blood Boiling Pill (4/8 hours),Ablative Barrier (15/25 points, 5 hours),Alchemical Grease(4 hours),Heightened Awareness(10 min),Shield.
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 4/18 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 0/2
HP 52/52|Converts 5 lethal damage ==>Non lethal damage|1.5x Bleed |AC 23 T 12 FF 21|Uncanny Dodge|CMB+9 CMD 21/26 vs grapple|F +9 R +6 W +3 +2 vs Cold|INIT +11 includes H.A.|PER +14 Darkvision 60', SM+1|Speed 30'|

Rogarch swings down hard with her long sword at the Babau demon.

To hit, MW-Sword, Power Attack, Flank: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 29

Damage,Power Attack: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 = 15

Crit Confirm:

To hit, MW-Sword, Power Attack,Flank: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 12

Damage,Power Attack: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12

It is too bad that the attack will not confirm. The long sword is not cold iron so DR will apply. :)

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

aoo: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 121d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 6 | HP 58/58 | AC 22/T15/FF18 | F+7/R+10/W+4 | BA+6/CMB+10/CMD24 | init+4 | Perc+12/+15 | Dis. Dev. +21+24 | Sneak 2d6 | Wand CLW 5/50

Chuckling as the demon falls, Ting clucks "Bloody well done Rogarch!" As the demon begins to stand, ting slashes at it again with the cold iron sawtoothe sabre.

AoA: coldiron Sawtooth sabre, PA
attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 = 22 for damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13


Realising these foes are tougher than it thought, the demon tries to even the odds by making sure it won't get tripped again. It aims a blow at Rogarch's magic wand, but the half-orc manages to yank it back *just* in time!

Goran's AoO missed, Rogarch's hit but only some damage got past DR (but the longsword enough hardness not to worry about acidic slime), and Ting's hit with full damage. The demon is still up though.

The demon does a 5' step back and tries to sunder Rogarch's wand, but misses her CMD by 1!

GM Dice:

Sunder vs Rogarch CMD: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
damage vs wand: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Initiative (Round 2)

Rogarch
Candledark
Slimy Monster
Ting
Goran

Bold should go!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager(Metamagic Rager) 5 |Buffs: Blood Boiling Pill (4/8 hours),Ablative Barrier (15/25 points, 5 hours),Alchemical Grease(4 hours),Heightened Awareness(10 min),Shield.
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 4/18 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 0/2
HP 52/52|Converts 5 lethal damage ==>Non lethal damage|1.5x Bleed |AC 23 T 12 FF 21|Uncanny Dodge|CMB+9 CMD 21/26 vs grapple|F +9 R +6 W +3 +2 vs Cold|INIT +11 includes H.A.|PER +14 Darkvision 60', SM+1|Speed 30'|

That was downright nasty. Fortunately for me lady luck was on my side. If he survives the bottom of the round I am going to try to trip him again....just because!

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 6 | HP 58/58 | AC 22/T15/FF18 | F+7/R+10/W+4 | BA+6/CMB+10/CMD24 | init+4 | Perc+12/+15 | Dis. Dev. +21+24 | Sneak 2d6 | Wand CLW 5/50

Smirking as the demon misses Rogarch's wand, ting recognizes opportunity as the demon steps back. Quickly moving past Rogarch, Ting drops his exotic bastard sword, and tumbles near the demon. Wrapping both talons around the sabre's hilt. Ending up on the other side of Goran, he chops at the demon.

move action: 20 ft. acrobatic Flank attack: coldiron Sawtooth sabre, PA, ff
accrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30 for damage: 1d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 6 = 19 sneak: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

Goran swings again, trying to bring the beast down. He then moves to set up Rogarch.

attack, flank, cold iron: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 191d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

We have it righ where we want it...


Ting stumbles a bit getting into position, giving the demon a chance to swipe at his back with a viciously-sharp claw!

But Ting justifies the pain with a two-handed stab that brings the demon down!

Ting's Acrobatics (tumble) check fails, giving the demon an AoO. Result: Claw attack hits and does 11 damage to Ting.

Ting's attack hits, and the sneak attack damage is enough to drop it.

We are off Initiative.

GM Dice:

Claw Attack AoO vs Ting: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager(Metamagic Rager) 5 |Buffs: Blood Boiling Pill (4/8 hours),Ablative Barrier (15/25 points, 5 hours),Alchemical Grease(4 hours),Heightened Awareness(10 min),Shield.
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 4/18 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 0/2
HP 52/52|Converts 5 lethal damage ==>Non lethal damage|1.5x Bleed |AC 23 T 12 FF 21|Uncanny Dodge|CMB+9 CMD 21/26 vs grapple|F +9 R +6 W +3 +2 vs Cold|INIT +11 includes H.A.|PER +14 Darkvision 60', SM+1|Speed 30'|

Rogarch carefully washes the acid off her blade before sheathing it. She then places her wands away in her spring-loaded wrist sheaths for safekeeping and speedy retrieval.

"That went fairly well all considering. I imagine that there are not many parties that can put down a killer like that with only a single scratch to show for it."

"Hopefully we will find some opponents that are not on fire or covered in acid. Rawk-N-Role is probably spoiling for a fight by now."

@GM Jhaeman - How are we doing for time spent in game? We were two hours into our buffs at the last update.


| HP 26/26 |1 non lethal damage|AC 24 T 10 FF 24| CMB +7 CMD 16| F +5 R +1 W +3| PER +8 Darkvision 60', Tremor Sense 60' SM+0| Speed 20', Burrow 20', Earth Glide, Stealth +7|Active Conditions Improved Evasion| Immune: Bleed, Paralysis, Poison, Sleep effects, Stunning, Critical Hits, Sneak Attack, Flanking or Precision Damage|Small Earth Elemental Familiar (Arcane Bloodline) N|Buffs Mage Armor

Rawk-N-Role gives a rocky thumbs up to Ting for his masterful strike that finished the Babau Demon.


@Rogarch: I'm going to say another hour has passed since you're moving slowly while tracking, searching for traps at intersections, etc.

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 6 | HP 58/58 | AC 22/T15/FF18 | F+7/R+10/W+4 | BA+6/CMB+10/CMD24 | init+4 | Perc+12/+15 | Dis. Dev. +21+24 | Sneak 2d6 | Wand CLW 5/50

"Squawk!" Letting out a loud squawk as the demon claws into him, ting's blow strikes true dropping the creature. Lulling his tongue in a tengu smile, ting sheaths his sabre.

Turning to pick up his exotic bastard sword, he notices Rawk-N-Role giving him a 'thumbs up' Giving the small stone fellow the same gesture. Chuckling when Rogarch calls his wound a 'scratch' he lifts his wing-like arm, showing the four claw marks and quips. "Actuallies they's four flogging scratches, wroight."

Reaching into his pouch with the other talon he draws out his wand, handing it to Goran, "Speakin' o' which, you's mind?"

Once Goran heals the wound, ting tucks his wand back in his pouch and gestures towards the tracks, "Shall we's bloody well continues?"

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager(Metamagic Rager) 5 |Buffs: Blood Boiling Pill (4/8 hours),Ablative Barrier (15/25 points, 5 hours),Alchemical Grease(4 hours),Heightened Awareness(10 min),Shield.
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 4/18 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 0/2
HP 52/52|Converts 5 lethal damage ==>Non lethal damage|1.5x Bleed |AC 23 T 12 FF 21|Uncanny Dodge|CMB+9 CMD 21/26 vs grapple|F +9 R +6 W +3 +2 vs Cold|INIT +11 includes H.A.|PER +14 Darkvision 60', SM+1|Speed 30'|

Rogarch nods as Ting shows her his wounds.

"Still all considering a job well done."

"We should check out his hiding spot. Perhaps he left some treasure behind. Then we should continue on."

Rogarch and Rawk-N-Role inspect the hiding spot of the Babau demon.
With the assumption that nothing is found they will continue on.

Rawk-N-Role, Aid to Perception, DC 10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Rogarch takes 10 on her Perception check.

26 Perception with the aid included.


The cultists' trail indicates they stayed on the road, which slowly curves around to the north side of the city. Ahead, is another broad intersection.

Map updated.

Rogarch:
The demon's longspear is gold-plated, but otherwise there are no valuables on its body or in its hiding place.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager(Metamagic Rager) 5 |Buffs: Blood Boiling Pill (4/8 hours),Ablative Barrier (15/25 points, 5 hours),Alchemical Grease(4 hours),Heightened Awareness(10 min),Shield.
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 4/18 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 0/2
HP 52/52|Converts 5 lethal damage ==>Non lethal damage|1.5x Bleed |AC 23 T 12 FF 21|Uncanny Dodge|CMB+9 CMD 21/26 vs grapple|F +9 R +6 W +3 +2 vs Cold|INIT +11 includes H.A.|PER +14 Darkvision 60', SM+1|Speed 30'|

"Alright I would like to make it through one, if only one intersection without triggering the magical trap."

"There seems to be a path if we move through the rubble on the east (right side of the map). Perhaps we will actually be able to do it and avoid another pointless combat."

GM Jhaeman:
With the assumption that the gold plated spear is not magical it will be cleaned and kept as party treasure. If it is magical then one of the primary spell casters can attempt to identify it or not at their discretion. At any rate it will make a fine souvenir mounted in a Pathfinder Lodge. It would be a shame not to take it.:)

Dark Archive

CN male Wayang Psychic 5
Spoiler:
|AC 17, T 13, FF 15|HP: 27/27|F +1, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs shadow; +1 vs LD/sonic)|Init +2, Perc +7|CMB -1 CMD 11|Phrenic 4/6, Blurred Form 4/5, Gaseous Form 3/5, Shadow Speaker 3/4, Light\Dark 1/1, Detect Thoughts 1/1

"Babau are comparatively lesser demons, so it's probably nothing special, at least not in mortal hands; still, who am I to be satisfied with common sense...?"

detect magic/Spellcraft if applicable: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 >_<

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

Of course... Goran says as he uses Ting's wand to heal his wounds.

He the scans the babau's lair for any magic auras.


As Rogarch suggests an alternative path to avoid the intersection, Candledark and Goran look to see if the demon had anything magical.

Candledark:
You don't detect any magic on the longspear.

Goran:
You don't find anything magical in the demon's hiding place.

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 6 | HP 58/58 | AC 22/T15/FF18 | F+7/R+10/W+4 | BA+6/CMB+10/CMD24 | init+4 | Perc+12/+15 | Dis. Dev. +21+24 | Sneak 2d6 | Wand CLW 5/50

Nodding to Goran as he accepts the wand back, ting croaks out "t'anks!"

As the conversation turns to the demon's spear ting, not really interested in any spear, turns towards the path that Rogarch has pointied out. Moving carefully through the rubble, he looks for anything out of the ordinary.

Taking 10(22/25) on perception moving through the rubble.


Rogarch leads the group off the main streets and through the ruined buildings in a bid to bypass the surely trapped intersection. Here, as along the main roads, everything is covered in gold.

The plan comes off without a hitch, and soon the group reach the road coming south off the intersection. It's clear the cultists came this direction as well.

Ahead stands what must be the inner city, its ring-wall standing high and firm all the way to the ceiling! Gates provide an entrance to the inner city, but they are not unguarded. Standing before the gates are two hulking skeletons in shining golden breastplates, their thick bones plated with gold; their huge, gold-plated halberds are crossed in front of the gates, barring the way forward!

I do have a picture of these hulking skeletons, but I have to scan it in--will do that tonight. We are not on Initiative yet, as they are just standing there. (that will likely change depending on your choice of actions) You're about 200 feet north of them along the wide road at the moment.

GM Dice:

Random Check Day One # 2: 1d100 ⇒ 48

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 6 | HP 58/58 | AC 22/T15/FF18 | F+7/R+10/W+4 | BA+6/CMB+10/CMD24 | init+4 | Perc+12/+15 | Dis. Dev. +21+24 | Sneak 2d6 | Wand CLW 5/50

Pleased that Rogarch's plan had worked and that they had been able to find the 'cultists' tracks, ting stop a couple hundred feet from the city gate. Shifting from one foot to the other he gestures towards the gate and the two large skeletons. "You'd don't see's 'at every floggin' day do's ya." Turning to the others, "Should we's bloody well take 'em heads on, or do you's wants ta climb tha floggin' walls?"

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager(Metamagic Rager) 5 |Buffs: Blood Boiling Pill (4/8 hours),Ablative Barrier (15/25 points, 5 hours),Alchemical Grease(4 hours),Heightened Awareness(10 min),Shield.
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 4/18 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 0/2
HP 52/52|Converts 5 lethal damage ==>Non lethal damage|1.5x Bleed |AC 23 T 12 FF 21|Uncanny Dodge|CMB+9 CMD 21/26 vs grapple|F +9 R +6 W +3 +2 vs Cold|INIT +11 includes H.A.|PER +14 Darkvision 60', SM+1|Speed 30'|

Rogarch looks at the walls of the inner city reaching the ceiling.

"I don't think that climbing will help here. We will have to fight our way in."

Rogarch prepares for battle by casting a scroll of Mage Armor on Rawk-N-Role and by using her wand of Shield on herself as they get closer (say around 80 feet away) to the hulking skeletons. She then grabs her Lucerne Hammer and is ready for battle.

@GM Jhaeman - Are the skeletons size large?


| HP 26/26 |1 non lethal damage|AC 24 T 10 FF 24| CMB +7 CMD 16| F +5 R +1 W +3| PER +8 Darkvision 60', Tremor Sense 60' SM+0| Speed 20', Burrow 20', Earth Glide, Stealth +7|Active Conditions Improved Evasion| Immune: Bleed, Paralysis, Poison, Sleep effects, Stunning, Critical Hits, Sneak Attack, Flanking or Precision Damage|Small Earth Elemental Familiar (Arcane Bloodline) N|Buffs Mage Armor

Rawk-N-Role stays with his master. Hopefully this time the enemy will be just be big and mean and not covered in acid or protected by flame.


The Pathfinders discuss how to deal with the massive, halberd-wielding guardians of the gates to the inner city!

@Rogarch: They are indeed size large.

Apologies for the delay on the picture and map--I keep writing these posts in one location while my physical copy of the module is in the other:) I'll have it sorted in about 12 hours. For now, please feel free to do any other buffs you would like, continue to talk strategy, or decide how/if you want to launch an attack (I'll essentially give you a Surprise Round).

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager(Metamagic Rager) 5 |Buffs: Blood Boiling Pill (4/8 hours),Ablative Barrier (15/25 points, 5 hours),Alchemical Grease(4 hours),Heightened Awareness(10 min),Shield.
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 4/18 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 0/2
HP 52/52|Converts 5 lethal damage ==>Non lethal damage|1.5x Bleed |AC 23 T 12 FF 21|Uncanny Dodge|CMB+9 CMD 21/26 vs grapple|F +9 R +6 W +3 +2 vs Cold|INIT +11 includes H.A.|PER +14 Darkvision 60', SM+1|Speed 30'|

@GM Jhaeman - Well if they are that large than my character will have to join the party. :)

Right before joining the fray Rogarch gulps down a potion of Enlarge Person and she quickly expands in size. Now her pole-arm is as long and as thick as the weapons wielded by the skeletons at the gate.

Clearly when it comes to reach weapons size DOES matter. ;)


Rogarch suddenly becomes as large as the hulking skeletons!

Ok, thanks for your patience. The picture of the hulking skeletons and the map is now on Slide # 3. I put your tokens on the map, but please feel free to move them (you can even be "X" # of feet off the map to the north if you prefer).

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager(Metamagic Rager) 5 |Buffs: Blood Boiling Pill (4/8 hours),Ablative Barrier (15/25 points, 5 hours),Alchemical Grease(4 hours),Heightened Awareness(10 min),Shield.
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 4/18 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 0/2
HP 52/52|Converts 5 lethal damage ==>Non lethal damage|1.5x Bleed |AC 23 T 12 FF 21|Uncanny Dodge|CMB+9 CMD 21/26 vs grapple|F +9 R +6 W +3 +2 vs Cold|INIT +11 includes H.A.|PER +14 Darkvision 60', SM+1|Speed 30'|

Rogarch wonders if these creatures are set off by the familiar triggering step mechanism of most of the creature traps so far and perhaps they can be avoided as well.

"Goran, do you detect a magical triggering trap here as well?"

"If not we should go straight to it."

A quick Detect Magic here please. :)

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

Of course...better safe than sorry, right? Goran says as he checks for any magical signatures.

Dark Archive

CN male Wayang Psychic 5
Spoiler:
|AC 17, T 13, FF 15|HP: 27/27|F +1, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs shadow; +1 vs LD/sonic)|Init +2, Perc +7|CMB -1 CMD 11|Phrenic 4/6, Blurred Form 4/5, Gaseous Form 3/5, Shadow Speaker 3/4, Light\Dark 1/1, Detect Thoughts 1/1

Candledark reflexively tries to hide.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 6 | HP 58/58 | AC 22/T15/FF18 | F+7/R+10/W+4 | BA+6/CMB+10/CMD24 | init+4 | Perc+12/+15 | Dis. Dev. +21+24 | Sneak 2d6 | Wand CLW 5/50

Realizing that the rest of the pathfinders probably aren't as good of climbers as himself, Ting nods his beak when Rogarch says they should take the gold undead giants head on. Looking from the enlarged Rogarch to Goran, ting waits has his friends cast their spells to help them determine what to do.


Goran casts a spell while Candledark looks for a place to hide!

@Candledark: You'll need cover or concealment to hide. Do you want to move over to the ruins off the street? It'll be difficult terrain to move there, but that will give you enough cover to try Stealth.

Goran:
You don't detect any magical signatures within a 60' cone of your current position.

Dark Archive

CN male Wayang Psychic 5
Spoiler:
|AC 17, T 13, FF 15|HP: 27/27|F +1, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs shadow; +1 vs LD/sonic)|Init +2, Perc +7|CMB -1 CMD 11|Phrenic 4/6, Blurred Form 4/5, Gaseous Form 3/5, Shadow Speaker 3/4, Light\Dark 1/1, Detect Thoughts 1/1

Sure.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

No magical traps...as far as I can tell. As for the mundane type, that's not my area of expertise. When we get close I'll blast them with holy energy...

Liberty's Edge

Slayer 6 | HP 58/58 | AC 22/T15/FF18 | F+7/R+10/W+4 | BA+6/CMB+10/CMD24 | init+4 | Perc+12/+15 | Dis. Dev. +21+24 | Sneak 2d6 | Wand CLW 5/50

Hearing there were no magical traps, Ting turns to the larger Bloodrager, lullng his tongue in a tengu smile. As he gestures towards the two giants he asks, "Shall we's?"

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager(Metamagic Rager) 5 |Buffs: Blood Boiling Pill (4/8 hours),Ablative Barrier (15/25 points, 5 hours),Alchemical Grease(4 hours),Heightened Awareness(10 min),Shield.
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 4/18 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 0/2
HP 52/52|Converts 5 lethal damage ==>Non lethal damage|1.5x Bleed |AC 23 T 12 FF 21|Uncanny Dodge|CMB+9 CMD 21/26 vs grapple|F +9 R +6 W +3 +2 vs Cold|INIT +11 includes H.A.|PER +14 Darkvision 60', SM+1|Speed 30'|

Rogarch sends Rawk-N-Role in first knowing that the elemental can always glide away to safety if need be. They both advance and strike a defensive posture for now.

Move and Total Defence action for both Rogarch and Rawk-N-Role.

"Ok, time to go in!"


Initiative (Surprise Round)

Rogarch+Rawk
Ting
Goran
Candledark

Bold should go!

GM Dice:

Initiative (Rogarch): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Initiative (Goran): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Initiative (Ting): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Initiative (Candledark): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

701 to 750 of 1,085 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Jhaeman's PFS1 Module: "City of Golden Death" Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.