Venice by Night - Bloodlines - V20 Dark Ages

Game Master Dennis Harry

Prince Narses Elysium

The Original Bloodlines Thread

The Second Bloodlines Thread

Dramatis Personæ

Our Protagonists

Geoffroi de Clairvaux - Clan Salubri
Lorenzo Cappelli - Clan Cappadocian
Michele Querini - Clan Setite
Ranerius Bernerius - Clan Toreador
Alessandro Khadaji - Clan Ventrue


201 to 250 of 586 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Ranerius - 3d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (2, 1, 9) + (10, 3) = 25
Geoffroi - 2d10 + 4d10 ⇒ (5, 3) + (8, 2, 5, 10) = 33


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

So there are these alleged... counterparts to the original thirteen Clan. And the meter knowledge of the chance that they might exist is enough to get one killed.

Forgive my ignorance but... who cares? There are more Cainites out there. It's this some power struggle thing? And, Andrew and I are now targets for listening?


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Andrew continues to pull on his pipe, as Xing replies, "The secrets of the Jyhad are indeed dangerous. Kratos has disappeared, I was Embraced specifically to assist in locating and destroying him when he arrived. A plant in Clan Lasombra that he may trust upon arrival.

A Mortal, favored by the Prince no less, has disappeared for having held these scrolls.

If Mortals kill to protect secrets from their enemies, what would Vampires over 10,000 years old, hidden from almost all of our kind, be willing to do?"


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Dex + Stealth 2d10 + 3d10 ⇒ (9, 5) + (5, 2, 2) = 23


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Despite the Coterie's best efforts, the stairs creak as you all move up to the second level. The attempt is likely quieter than simply marching up, but not my much.

The pitch black hallway looms before you. Lydia pauses, allowing her eyes to attempt to acclimate to the dark. Indeed, after a full minute there are at least different shades and hues of darkness stretching before you all.

Lydia begins to slide down the hallway instead of walk, her booted feet shuffling down the wooden floor, feeling at the walls she finds a doorhandle and opens it.

The open door yields no further light as half of the group is on the stairs still. She enters the room, with Onfroi behind her. You hear both softly bump into furniture as they explore. No sounds of battle ensue.

"Nothing", she whispers as she exits the room, leaving the portal open behind her. Across the hall, Onfroi does the same.

Again, the same result.

The rest of the Coterie is able to step into the hallway fully now. While still pitch black you can sense that the hall is wide enough for two people to walk next to one another. Those who activate Auspex report that in the dim light, both rooms appear to be full of old furniture covered by sheets or blankets but do not appear to be currently utilized.

Perception + Alertness - DC 7 - 1 Success:
Fro down the hall you can hear an unusual breathing, as if several people breathe out of rhythm.

Ranerius - Per+Ale 3d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (2, 5, 10) + (3, 6) = 26

Ranerius speaks, "I absolutely hear breathing from down the hallway".


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Perception + Alertness - DC 7

3d10 + 3d10 ⇒ (2, 4, 6) + (10, 9, 8) = 39

“Yes I hear breathing also.”


5th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 25/40 | Willpower: 6/8

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Perception (Discerning) + Alertness Diff 7: 4d10 + 3d10 ⇒ (10, 1, 7, 3) + (7, 5, 4) = 37

"Definitely breathing, and not just from a single entity." Lorenzo quietly comments.


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Lydia whispers, "Do we wish to fight blind or should we obtain a light source before continuing?

I care not either way".

Geoffroi draws his blade, " I do not hear anything but I trust in your judgments my friends. As they breathe and we do not, do we not have the advantage, dark or not?"


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

“a light source may be better”


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Alessandro considers.

It's rather amazing, actually... that the Cainite transformation does nothing to alleviate the foibles and graces of the human condition. It merely amplifies them. The more things change, the more things... stay the same. He shrugs.

Essentially the same creature, you can just affect the world in different more powerful ways.

How can I help?

And, for the record... as you understand it. Does me going against Lan- she who will not be named, go against the Ventrue... Alyssa, Mithras?
I suppose that's as far as I can worry about things.


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Andrew chimes in, "Aye, we'ere no so diff'rent than err Mortal selves after all".

Xing Shi shrugs, "You can help by aiding me if I am confronted by the agents of this Lantla, that which shall not be named is another entity altogether.

When will they strike? Will they strike? I cannot be sure.

I would see her as opposed to this Mithras as I believe it was he who aided in imprisoning her.

If you stay here, you must be prepared to face off foes by day, is this acceptable?"

Andrew stands and stretches his leg, "Ah have mah own Haven that ah need ta' return to. If'n I c'ld bring ye both there ah would. Shall we reconvene on the 'morrow? Ah will come here, than from there, Xing ye help us an we shall in turn help ye".

She blinks, "Help with what?"


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Certainly, though I've rarely done such. Just educate me regarding all these... He points to her traps and waves it off.

I need to find Dominic Cappelli and those he is with.


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Xing Shi shakes her head, "As long as you are here with me, I will disarm them and all will be well.

Very well, I shall aid you and you me.

I will help you find this Cappelli and his allies, he is the Cappadocian yes?"

Andrew speaks, "An help dealing wit' tha' Hunters o' course".

Xing cocks her head, "Hunters?"


Male Italian (Toreador)

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Michele Querini wrote:


“a light source may be better”

"I doubt I have such a thing on me." But he searches his pockets methodically. Sometimes his wife leaves things in his coat


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

I'd thought I was the last to know...

Hunters, Inquisition of Venice... attack on Elysium leaving Narses dead, final dead. He waits for her reaction.

Perhaps our two causes... are one?


5th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 25/40 | Willpower: 6/8

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

With little other alternative, Lorenzo sighs and begins the incantation necessary to ignite his palm, courtesy of the gifts taught him by Michael Santos.

Spending another blood. Down to 6.

Willpower - Lure of the Flames: 7d10 ⇒ (8, 8, 9, 2, 5, 9, 4) = 45

"There is the light taken care of. Can we proceed onward?" Lorenzo testily asks, his hunger obviously beginning to get the better of him.


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Xing does not give much of a reaction beyond a shrug, "I had no illusions about the Prince protecting me, he was suspicious of my origins. I may have faced as much danger from him as I have from those that created me for their own designs.

Andrew is my sole ally here, at least among the dead.

I shall aid you though I do not believe our causes are one".


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

You have two allies. Andrew and I... well, if you don't destroy me while I rest. He offers a winning smile.


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Xing replies, "I have never killed someone I was not paid to".

Andrew waits for a chuckle but it is not forthcoming.

"Ah'll come ta' git ya' both early, ah'll knock so as no' ta' be slain by one o' yer traps".

Andrew is let out and then it is just you and Xing.

She remains quiet.

You can RP with her further or cut the night as you wish.


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Alone with a woman, Alessandro chuckles. Looking at Xing Shi... in his eyes is only mirth and no malice.

Tell me whatever you consider of import, Shi. What do I need to know to best protect you, to defend you.


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Illuminated the hall appears normal. However, a turn back into each of the first two rooms reveals that the "furniture" in each room is comprised of flesh. Rustling from the covers on each piece is the soft breath of, who knows what beneath...


5th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 25/40 | Willpower: 6/8

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

The normally unflappable Lorenzo visibly shudders. "This reminds me of the work of Vykos at the Greetings Inn."


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Geoffroi grimaces, "We should cut these wretched souls out of this misery".

Lydia places her hand on the Knights sword hilt and hand, "Maybe, but not yet Knight". He turns to stare back at her his gaze falling to her hand on his hilt.

Onfroi kneels down to observe one of the pieces of "furniture" more closely, "Exactly what Clan is Talisman again? Did he not attempt to become the inner circle for Clan Toreador?"


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

"The location of my enemies that I may strike them first. Better to die on my feet".


Male Italian (Toreador)

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

The Furniture such as it is, has the Toreador gasp in surprise. Morbid fascination entwines with revulsion. The latter is stronger, "Oh these poor... I assume they may have once been people, but who knows?"

Quote:
Onfroi kneels down to observe one of the pieces of "furniture" more closely, "Exactly what Clan is Talisman again? Did he not attempt to become the inner circle for Clan Toreador?"

"He did, but his blood is not Toreador. It is...something else." A thoughtful look as he remembers the talk of bloodlines he just had with Lydia, "It is possible he now the father of a bloodline. One we do not understand. Elements of Toreador and Tzimisce perhaps?"


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

“Yes certainly reminiscent of the Inn. Easy enough to masquerade as one since he can craft flesh. Furniture? For punishment? Amusement?”


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Well, considering I don't know who they are... I've no clue where they might be. But, as soon as I have an idea I'll share.

Seems if Narses was on the path to discovering these alternate clans, she'd want him eliminated.

Alessandro looks around, seemingly curious.

And if, she was planning on dominating and ruling all Cainites with her other-clans then the Camarilla would be the last she'd want to see formed. Divide and conquer, it's a military strategy as old as time.

I am grateful for your hospitality. It means a lot as Cainite and Mediterranean but also to me personally.


male Tremere 7th gen

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

The City of Padua - Donato Elba

Donato carefully climbs into the wagon, allowing his eyes a moment to adjust to the darkness. Finding an open seat he exaggerates the movements required to get his small frame onto the bench.

" I'm surprised you where able to assemble such a caravan in such little time..."


Male Italian (Toreador)
Quote:

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

“Yes certainly reminiscent of the Inn. Easy enough to masquerade as one since he can craft flesh. Furniture? For punishment? Amusement?”

"I trust you do not mean my Inn?" Curious now


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

She nods to you, "I fear I would be seen as a poor host in my culture, but then, I was never one to worry about what others thought of me.

Perhaps she or these minions are the ones to slay the Prince. If so, I shall help you find the answer.

These canals are thick with danger, had I somewhere else to go, perhaps I would. I do not believe I can ever go home again so I must either carve a new path in the west or meet the thousand hells head on".


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Outskirts of The City of Padua - Donato Elba

The carriage begins to move rapidly to the east.

Gustav shrugs, "Power may lie within your bloodline but influence lies within mine. Those Ventrue who succeed know that only a fool or a lunatic carries their burden alone.

Thus, this entourage.

Forward scouts have already been sent ahead, two days ago. It is fortuitous that you made your plea this night, had you waited another I would have already been gone.

My Sire requires clarity on this matter, not antecdotes from those who flee.

The first night we shall share a haven. Thereafter, we shall see what transpires young Donato.

Tell me, have you a way to contact your Sire?"


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Lydia responds, "I suspect he means Greeting Inn, where the Tzimisce resided until he left or fled the city.

Come, let us see what other horrors await us".

The Setite holds the lamp out before him, the wide beam giving enough light to the hallway for all to see. Four doors and what appears to be a landing leading up are left to explore.

Geoffroi kicks open the door to the right and the Lamia slides in, sword at he ready, the Setite puts his back to the wall to shine the light in, the most mundane room yet.

Roman Catholic iconography lines the walls. Several dozen candles melted to the wick also line the shelves. All of the pictures appear to depict the same individual, a handsome youth pierced by arrows. His appearance does not match that of the ghouls downstairs or the statues in Narses Elysium.

Intelligence+Theology DC 7 - 1 Success:
These renderings and statues are of Saint Sebastian, according to legend, Saint Sebastian was martyred by the Roman emperor Diocletian for his Christian faith. The four arrows piercing Sebastian's body represent a symbolic wounding of a flawless body.

Ranerius, this room is as beautiful as the last two were ugly.


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Perhaps we shall keep each other company as we carve our new paths. I like you, Xing Shi... I wouldn't mind our paths aligning for a spell or longer, destiny permitting. Would it be so bad? He shrugs.


Male Italian (Toreador)

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Quote:


Lydia responds, "I suspect he means Greeting Inn, where the Tzimisce resided until he left or fled the city.

Come, let us see what other horrors await us".

"Ah," A nod "The Tzimisce seem to have amazing gifts, but they almost seem alien at times."

Quote:


.

Roman Catholic iconography lines the walls. Several dozen candles melted to the wick also line the shelves. All of the pictures appear to depict the same individual, a handsome youth pierced by arrows. His appearance does not match that of the ghouls downstairs or the statues in Narses Elysium.

** spoiler omitted **

Ranerius, this room is as beautiful as the last two were ugly.

Ranerius gapes at the beauty of it all

Willpower roll 7d10 ⇒ (2, 10, 8, 7, 6, 4, 1) = 38
"Breathtaking" He finds himself again after he almost got lost in the view.


5th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 25/40 | Willpower: 6/8

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Intelligence (Analytical) + Theology Diff 7: 4d10 + 1d10 ⇒ (1, 7, 7, 9) + (6) = 30

"Saint Sebastian it would seem..." Lorenzo says dispassionately.

He gently shakes Ranerius's shoulder, "I know the work is of high quality but we must focus here, my friend. Any one have any thoughts as to the significance of Saint Sebastian as it pertains to our current situation?"


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

"Talisman was Saint Sebastian in his mortal life. I wonder what else we will uncover here."


Dotting. Sorry for my prolonged absence


Male Italian (Toreador)

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

"He was? Interesting. My faith is not what it was, what's one more nail in it's coffin." A shake of his head.


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

She cocks her head, "Is whether this alliance is good or bad outcome based?

If we both find ourselves in the thousand hells then our alliance was for naught, if we find ourselves still trapped here in the middle kingdom, that is a successful enough outcome for me.

Besides your own self confidence, what else do you offer that will aid us in this struggle against greater more lethal foes?"


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

He considers. Whether this alliance is good or bad will only be apparent on whether one of us betrays the other.

Though these forms we find ourselves in possess a certain durability and longevity, it is only our soul that is eternal. Do not assume that you are damned.

It is the mind-trick they use to... enslave us. If one takes that single idea as a given, they have already won.

And, as to your last question... I have little to offer save access to possible resource, my logic and my loyalty. I'm apparently the ranking Justicar in Venice, being from Mithras' bloodline if that helps.

He chuckles.


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Lydia cracks her naeck and opens the next door, across the hall to the left side, down the hall, two doors remain and the landing leading up.

In this room, there is indeed heavy breathing. The room has several beds. Within each set of two beds, four sets in all, are exact copies of the ghouls downstairs. These wretches have their eyes and ears covered over smeared with their own flesh as coverings! Each is connected to the other by veins which protrude from the bodies in a dizzying array of complicated cobwebs. You can literally see the blood pumping between them.

Lorenzo, self control check DC 7 - 1 success.


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

"Those with little who offer everything are either fools or true friends".

She shakes her head, "I know I am damned, perhaps you are not, it is perhaps not much of a surprise to me, one of my ancestors was so damned...."


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Who is to say I'm not both? Or just a true friend who is criminally... modest. I detest over promising.

Redemption can come with but a thought, a conviction or single spontaneous action. Time for you yet. He smiles.


5th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 25/40 | Willpower: 6/8

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Self Control Diff 7: 3d10 ⇒ (8, 3, 1) = 12

The insatiable desire for blood inside Lorenzo's mind tears at his very being. Fighting the urges as he might and despite the grotesquery presented before him, the beast wins out and Lorenzo descends upon the mass with fangs bared, intent on slaking his thirst.


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Does anyone attempt to restrain Lorenzo?


Shadow's Status

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

"You are of the east and the west but yet you are western in your grounding...".


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

the Humble Hovel of Xing Shi - Alessandro Khadaji

Perhaps. But, is there even an East or West?

I espouse self-control, resilience, and inner peace in the face of adversity. Freedom and empowerment lie in focusing on what is within our control and accepting what is not.

Embrace the present moment, be mindful of our actions and accept the transience and fluidity of our existence. By cultivating resilience and detachment from external circumstances, we can find serenity even in the midst of this chaos and madness.

Alessandro waits, letting at least some of what he's said sink in.

Ultimately, Stoicism offers at least the possibility of navigating our immortal existence with wisdom, strength, and tranquility, enabling us to embrace our vampiric nature while maintaining our humanity.

I suppose having started in Athens, makes this... Western. But, I believe it transcends geography.


Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

Does anyone attempt to restrain Lorenzo?

Geoffroi will try

Geoffroi senses the bloodlust welling up in Lorenzo and he attempts to block his path to the abominations

"Wait man! Think! Do you wish to sup at such a diseased table? Who knows what foulness the blood of creatures such as these contain! Restrain your thirst for your own good!"

Let me know what I will need to roll to physically restrain him non-lethally if needed

Also catching up on past rolls:

Intelligence+Theology DC 7 - 1 Success:: 4d10 + 3d10 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 5) + (4, 7, 6) = 34


Male Italian (Toreador)

Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

"Ware the Bloodbond, if it be freshly ghouled you might be partaking of Talisman and thus tied to him!"

But he does not lay hands on Lorenzo, merely hoping to reason through the haze.


Venice by Night - Thursday - April 3, 1309

Talisman's Haven - (PC) Lorenzo, Ranerius, Michele, and Geoffroi (NPC) Lydia, Onfroi

"They are right and this is what he may want." Moving closer to Lorenzo but not putting hands on him yet.

201 to 250 of 586 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Venice by Night - Bloodlines - V20 Dark Ages All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.