[Outpost VI] PFS1 # 0-27: "Our Lady of Silver" [GM Jhaeman] (Inactive)

Game Master Jhaeman

Maps & Handouts


151 to 200 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Hamish pushes on the door, and it opens slowly with a loud and ominous creak. On the other side, scattered debris and empty barrels clutter the structure’s main hall. Dim light filters from a curtain-shrouded balcony above, illuminating the silhouettes of dozens of wooden training dummies. To either side, stone stairs lead up to the balcony. The stench of rancid oil and stale sweat fills the hall’s smoky air.

Zeldana, Tabar, Trajan:
There are figures hiding behind the pillars and training dummies about 20 feet away from the door!

We are in Dim Light (concealment/20% miss chance) unless you have Darkvision or bring a light source.

This scene is depicted on the new Slide # 2.

GM Dice:

Perception (Trajan): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 = 26
Perception (Hamish): 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 2 = 8
Perception (Azelwarred): 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 2 = 15
Perception (Zeldana): 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 - 2 = 28
Perception (Tabar): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 = 25

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 59 / 60 (1 NL) | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 22 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +13 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 8/8 | Spells: 1st Level (2/2)

What would low-light vision do vs. the dim light? I'm not sure if Zeldana is in the front or at the back door; they haven't been on to post yet so I don't want to assume.

Trajan will nudge Hamish and use hand signals to point out number of people and side of the room they're at.


Because the whole inside is dim light, low-light vision won't do anything. (in home games I houserule that low-light vision lets you see normally in dim light, but the official rule is it just lets you see twice as far as a human in dim light).

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human (Varisian) Druid 6 (Nature Fang) - Init. +1, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +11 (+14 vs. traps), AC 22/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 27/45, F+7, R+3, W+7 (+2 Ref vs. traps), Speed 30 ft. [Goodberries: 4/11] | Buffs: longstrider

Zeldana casts a light spell on Trajan's helmet, adding "Be the shining beacon we all need you to be, milord!!"

She checks her shield straps and draws her sword, smirking. Tapping Winnie on the shoulder, she utters ancient druidic words and the beast's fur and feathers turn into a thick layer of spruce bark.

light on Trajan; barkskin on Winnie

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 8 | HP 75 (-0) Temp (+16) | AC:28, Tch:15, FF: 24 | Mods: Good Hope 8m, Deathwatch 30ft | CMD 25 (+1 Disarm/Sunder) | F/R/W +6/+11/+7 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 20/20 | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 2/3 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish nods when the threats are pointed out. He casts a spell upon himself, ”I’ll be bait.”

Mirror Image: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

3 mirror image duplicates flit around as he strides into the room. He turns to one of the training dummies, ”Ah there you are sir. We’ve been trying to reach you about your home warranty. It’s about to expire!”


As Zeldana prepares for combat, Hamish strides in boldly, confident his illusory duplicates will protect him. But suddenly the area's he's walking in erupts into flames! A broken barrel of oil and a candle's flame make for a crude but effective trap! Smirking with their cleverness, three warriors emerge from hiding wielding. Each wields a scimitar, and the pox-addled one looks familiar--Hakir Half-Ear!

@Hamish: There are two things you need to do. First, please roll a DC 12 Acrobatics check; on a failure, you slip on the oil and fall prone. Second, please roll a DC 15 Reflex save vs the fire. On a success, you take 2 F; on a failure, you take 5 F.

We will now proceed to Initiative.

GM Dice:

fire: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 8 | HP 75 (-0) Temp (+16) | AC:28, Tch:15, FF: 24 | Mods: Good Hope 8m, Deathwatch 30ft | CMD 25 (+1 Disarm/Sunder) | F/R/W +6/+11/+7 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 20/20 | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 2/3 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Can’t fail DC 12 Acrobatics.

Reflex + GH: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 = 20

Hamish easily keeps his feet and grins maniacally, ”That the best you can do!?! HAHAHAHAH!!!”


Initiative (Round 1)

Jaako*
Dervishes
Hamish
Azelwarred
Zeldana
Trajan
Tabar

Bold should go!

*Jaako, even with the distance penalties and the penalty for listening through a closed door, you'll automatically make the Perception check to hear the sound of battle coming from inside the building.

GM Dice:

Initiative (Hamish): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative (Zeldana): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Initiative (Trajan): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Initiative (Azelwarred): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Initiative (Tabar): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Initiative (Jaako): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Initiative (Dervishes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 59 / 60 (1 NL) | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 22 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +13 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 8/8 | Spells: 1st Level (2/2)

2nd to last in inits - as usual! :(

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 38/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 3/3

Springing into action, Jaakko opens the door and goes in grasping his musket.

If locked:
He will try to shoot the lock
+1 musket, Utility Shot (Ex), GH: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 = 27

perception: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25


Jaako springs into action!

@Jaako: The door is unlocked, and I've now made it so you can see the room on the other side (it looks like an old and mostly empty storage area). Please feel free to move your token as desired up to your speed.


Grinning with obvious malevolent intent, the dervishes draw javelins and hurl them as Hamish dances through the flames!

Three javelin attacks vs Hamish's FF AC (since he hasn't acted yet on Initiative). As Trajan is radiating light, there's no miss chance from dim light. One of the attacks hits but only pops an image, and the other two miss by less than five, popping two more (I think that's all of them)

GM Dice:

Javelin # 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
damage+sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (1, 5) = 12
Javelin # 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
damage+sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (3, 3) = 11
Javelin # 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage+sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (2, 3) = 8
Mirror Image Attack # 1 (1hitsreal): 1d4 ⇒ 2


Initiative (Round 1)

Jaako
Dervishes
Hamish
Azelwarred
Zeldana
Trajan
Tabar

Bold should go!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 59 / 60 (1 NL) | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 22 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +13 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 8/8 | Spells: 1st Level (2/2)

Trajan moves into the building and swings his sap at the Yellow Goon!

Sap, Power Attack, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 221d6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 11


Trajan's sap smacks right into his foe's forehead, staggering the man!

Trajan's attack hit Yellow.

Everyone but Trajan and Jaako can go.

Scarab Sages

LN Male gnome druid (urban druid) 5 | AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 | HP 30/35 | Resist fire 3 | Speed 20 ft. (15 ft. in armor)
Skills:
Acrobat -3 (-11 jump), Appr +3, Bluff +2, Diplo +12, Disable +4, Kn (arcana, engineer) +9, Kn (geography) +4, Kn (history) +13, Kn (local, nobility, religion) +10, Linguist +6, Prof (architect) +6, Spellcft +13, Surv +12
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. illusions, +2 bonus vs. divinations and enchantments | Init 0; Senses low-light vision; Perception +13; Sense Motive +11

Azelwarred bends down, picks up a trio of rocks, and enchants them as he draws his sling.
Cast magic stone; Move

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 8 | HP 75 (-0) Temp (+16) | AC:28, Tch:15, FF: 24 | Mods: Good Hope 8m, Deathwatch 30ft | CMD 25 (+1 Disarm/Sunder) | F/R/W +6/+11/+7 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 20/20 | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 2/3 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

With a frown the bard looks at his missing duplicates, ”well, that was quick. But at least I didn’t get hurt. Our turn!”

Hamish raises his sap as he takes the long way around into flanking with Trajan, ”Take em down, hard!”

Inspire Courage is now up, everyone should get +4 to hit and damage and +2 to saves, skills and ability rolls. Trajan’s roll was still correct though since Good Hope provided the same benefit as IC would have. Move while drawing sap, should avoid any AoO. Could someone move him please? I’m on my phone and multiple things are over his piece.

Liberty's Edge

Animal Companion to Zeldana Bordana | Female N Owlbear Animal Companion | HD 6 | Effective Druid Level 6 Progression | HP 54/54 | AC 26 T 12 FF 24 | CMD 20 | F+7 R+7 W+3 | Init +2| Low Light Vision, Scent, Perception +5 | Speed 40 ft | Conditions: barkskin, greater magic fang (6 hours), inspire courage!!! good hope!!!, feather step, bull's strength, antitoxin

Zeldana sends Winnie in, instructing her to prepare a flank for her.

Flank trick, will provoke AoO from blue to get there

bite, gmf, IC, GH: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 25
bps magic dmg, IC, GH: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human (Varisian) Druid 6 (Nature Fang) - Init. +1, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +11 (+14 vs. traps), AC 22/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 27/45, F+7, R+3, W+7 (+2 Ref vs. traps), Speed 30 ft. [Goodberries: 4/11] | Buffs: longstrider

Zeldana moves in, and flanks the foe between her and Winnie.

+1 scimitar, flank, IC, GH: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 31
slashing magical dmg, IC, GH: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 12 plus sneak attack.
sneak attack: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9


Just a quick pause to clarify a couple of points below and then we'll progress the combat. (Tabar, you can still post your action)

@Everyone: The four squares with the red jagged bursts are the squares with the fiery oil. If you move into or through one, you'll need to roll an Acrobatics check and you'll also take fire damage.

@Zeldana: The square you're on is one of the ones on fire. Let me know if you still want to do it or change your action.

@Hamish: You've got two choices of route for flanking with Trajan: one will provoke an AoO from the bad guy, while the other moves you through another square of the flaming oil and you'll take fire damage. Let me know which route you want and then I'll move your token and we'll apply the effects.

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 8 | HP 75 (-0) Temp (+16) | AC:28, Tch:15, FF: 24 | Mods: Good Hope 8m, Deathwatch 30ft | CMD 25 (+1 Disarm/Sunder) | F/R/W +6/+11/+7 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 20/20 | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 2/3 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Thank you for the clarification of the flame squares. I wasn't sure if that was still a hazard. I've shown my route and Hamish will be rolling Acrobatics to avoid the AoO.

Acrobatics - ACP + GH vs. CMD: 1d20 + 17 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 17 - 1 + 2 = 38

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human (Varisian) Druid 6 (Nature Fang) - Init. +1, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +11 (+14 vs. traps), AC 22/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 27/45, F+7, R+3, W+7 (+2 Ref vs. traps), Speed 30 ft. [Goodberries: 4/11] | Buffs: longstrider

acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 59 / 60 (1 NL) | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 22 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +13 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 8/8 | Spells: 1st Level (2/2)
GM Jhaeman wrote:

Just a quick pause to clarify a couple of points below and then we'll progress the combat. (Tabar, you can still post your action)

@Everyone: The four squares with the red jagged bursts are the squares with the fiery oil. If you move into or through one, you'll need to roll an Acrobatics check and you'll also take fire damage.

@GM: I guessed about the map; I'm in an AP where we had 'fire squares' in a burning building so I didn't have Trajan do any fire dancing here.


As Azelwarred gets his sling filled with magic stones, Hamish leaps away from the flaming oil and ends up right behind Trajan's foe. But in a surprising move, Zeldana jumps into the flaming oil and works with her animal partner to drop one of the ruthless slavers!

Hamish's Acrobatics check to avoid the AoO succeeds.

Blue's AoO vs Winnie misses.

Winnie and Zeldana's attacks hit and take out Blue. Zeldana, you succeeded on the Acrobatics check to avoid falling prone. You take 2 damage from the flaming oil (DC 15 Reflex to halve).

Tabar is up.

GM Dice:

Blue AoO vs Winnie: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
fire damage on Zeldana: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The Concordance

Male N Ratfolk | Swashbuckler 1, Occultist 5 | Panache 6/6 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | HP 67/67 | AC 23 T 16 FF 18 | CMB (Trip, Disarm, Sunder) +10, CMD 15 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Bluff (Deceive) +9, Dipl. (Influence) +14, Perc +10, SM +3 Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 3/3 | Transm. Impl. MF 3/3 | Abj. Impl. MF 7/7 | Illusion Impl. MF 2/2 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog)| Active conditions:

Tabar double moves forward!

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human (Varisian) Druid 6 (Nature Fang) - Init. +1, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +11 (+14 vs. traps), AC 22/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 27/45, F+7, R+3, W+7 (+2 Ref vs. traps), Speed 30 ft. [Goodberries: 4/11] | Buffs: longstrider

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 +2 vs. traps


Initiative (Round 2)

Jaako
Dervishes
Hamish
Azelwarred
Zeldana
Trajan
Tabar

Bold should go!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 59 / 60 (1 NL) | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 22 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +13 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 8/8 | Spells: 1st Level (2/2)

With Jaako up I feel like Troy Landry, "Choot em!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 38/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 3/3

Jaakko fires his musket at the dervish he sees directly in front of him.

+1 battered musket, point blank: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


The dervish is grazed by the slug from Jaako's musket!

That attack hit.

@Jaako: It didn't matter in this instance, but you may need to remind me in the future if a particular one of your attacks is able to target Touch AC.


One of the dervishes rushes to join his trapped ally, and both turn their wickedly-sharp blades on Hamish!

Gray will provoke an AoO from Hamish as it moves in for flanking.

Both Yellow and Gray are attacking Hamish for some of that sweet, sweet sneak attack damage. Result: Both miss.

GM Dice:

Yellow + flanking vs Hamish: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24
damage+sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (1, 3) = 8
Gray + flanking vs Hamish: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
damage+sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (6, 3) = 12


Initiative (Round 2)

Jaako
Dervishes
Hamish
Azelwarred
Zeldana
Trajan
Tabar

Bold should go!

Usual periodic reminder: if you've taken any damage in this encounter, please update your taglines. If you've expended any resources (spells, wand charges, ammo) please adjust inventory tracking sheets.

Liberty's Edge

Animal Companion to Zeldana Bordana | Female N Owlbear Animal Companion | HD 6 | Effective Druid Level 6 Progression | HP 54/54 | AC 26 T 12 FF 24 | CMD 20 | F+7 R+7 W+3 | Init +2| Low Light Vision, Scent, Perception +5 | Speed 40 ft | Conditions: barkskin, greater magic fang (6 hours), inspire courage!!! good hope!!!, feather step, bull's strength, antitoxin

Zeldana sends Winnie north of grey, instructing her to prepare a flank for her.

Flank trick, will provoke AoO to get there

bite, gmf, IC, GH: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 22
bps magic dmg, IC, GH: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human (Varisian) Druid 6 (Nature Fang) - Init. +1, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +11 (+14 vs. traps), AC 22/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 27/45, F+7, R+3, W+7 (+2 Ref vs. traps), Speed 30 ft. [Goodberries: 4/11] | Buffs: longstrider

Zeldana moves in, and flanks the foe between her and Winnie.

+1 scimitar, flank, IC, GH, studied: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 26
slashing magical dmg, IC, GH, studied: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 12 plus sneak attack.
sneak attack: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human (Varisian) Druid 6 (Nature Fang) - Init. +1, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +11 (+14 vs. traps), AC 22/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 27/45, F+7, R+3, W+7 (+2 Ref vs. traps), Speed 30 ft. [Goodberries: 4/11] | Buffs: longstrider

on phone now and don't want to mess the map; can anyone on a PC please move my tokens as per the above? Thx!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 59 / 60 (1 NL) | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 22 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +13 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 8/8 | Spells: 1st Level (2/2)

I don't see Gray on the map anymore; he might've been 'lost' in someone moving.

Sap, Power Attack, Inspire Courage, Good Hope, Flank: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 321d6 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 13

Sap 2nd Attack, Power Attack, Inspire Courage, Good Hope, Flank: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 271d6 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 15

Trajan shouts to the dervishes, "Surrender now and be spared!"

Liberty's Edge

Animal Companion to Zeldana Bordana | Female N Owlbear Animal Companion | HD 6 | Effective Druid Level 6 Progression | HP 54/54 | AC 26 T 12 FF 24 | CMD 20 | F+7 R+7 W+3 | Init +2| Low Light Vision, Scent, Perception +5 | Speed 40 ft | Conditions: barkskin, greater magic fang (6 hours), inspire courage!!! good hope!!!, feather step, bull's strength, antitoxin

It's OK I think I got it...

The Concordance

Male N Ratfolk | Swashbuckler 1, Occultist 5 | Panache 6/6 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | HP 67/67 | AC 23 T 16 FF 18 | CMB (Trip, Disarm, Sunder) +10, CMD 15 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Bluff (Deceive) +9, Dipl. (Influence) +14, Perc +10, SM +3 Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 3/3 | Transm. Impl. MF 3/3 | Abj. Impl. MF 7/7 | Illusion Impl. MF 2/2 | Speed 20ft (40ft on riding dog)| Active conditions:

Tabar attacks the dervish to the left with Hamish’s support.

Primary, +1 Adamantine Rapier: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 = 19
damage: 1d4 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15

“Stop fighting us … “

Rapier +13 (18-20/×2) To hit: Size +1, BAB +4, Weapon Focus +1, Finesse +5, Enhancement +2 / Damage: +5 from Dex via ‚Fencing Grace‘, Enhancement +2, + 2 Haunt Collector Champion Seance Boon


Winnie feels the air from a wild scimitar swing overhead, but ducks just in time to get into position to help Zeldana end one slaver's career permanently!

Trajan follows up with two powerful whaps of his sap, sending the last foe into dreamland!

The AoO vs Winnie missed, and both Winnie and Zeldana hit, taking Gray out.

Trajan's first sap attack did enough nonlethal damage to knock Yellow unconscious.

We can off Initiative for now.

GM Dice:

AoO vs Winnie: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 59 / 60 (1 NL) | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 22 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +13 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 8/8 | Spells: 1st Level (2/2)

Trajan will check the fallen foes to see if they're wounded or dead.
"We should either put out the fires or evacuate."

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 8 | HP 75 (-0) Temp (+16) | AC:28, Tch:15, FF: 24 | Mods: Good Hope 8m, Deathwatch 30ft | CMD 25 (+1 Disarm/Sunder) | F/R/W +6/+11/+7 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 20/20 | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 2/3 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish puts his sap away and looks around for some water, "Agreed. Fire is bad. We don't want to burn the city down. Good teamwork all. Is one of these guys the one we needed?"


A quick search of the bodies shows that one of the three dervishes has survived the battle, but after Trajan's vicious sap beating, Hakir Half-Ear might be renamed Hakir No-Ear!

Fortunately, it looks like the burning oil isn't likely to spread.

One of the three is unconscious from an accumulation of nonlethal damage. The other two are dead.

The burning oil only lasts for 5 rounds total and doesn't spread to adjoining squares. These bad guys didn't want burn their own house down, after all!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 59 / 60 (1 NL) | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 22 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +13 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 8/8 | Spells: 1st Level (2/2)
Hamish the Bard wrote:
Hamish puts his sap away and looks around for some water, "Agreed. Fire is bad. We don't want to burn the city down. Good teamwork all. Is one of these guys the one we needed?"

"I was hoping we'd capture all of them alive. One will have to do and at least it's the one who opened the cage. We need to search him, take away and weapons or tools, bind his hands and feet, and then I can heal him so he can talk with us. Thankfully it looks as though the fires will burn themselves out. Perhaps search the rest of the building to see if we can find any information?"

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Yeesh that's awful.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 59 / 60 (1 NL) | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 22 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +13 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 8/8 | Spells: 1st Level (2/2)
GM Jhaeman wrote:

A quick search of the bodies shows that one of the three dervishes has survived the battle, but after Trajan's vicious sap beating, Hakir Half-Ear might be renamed Hakir No-Ear!

Fortunately, it looks like the burning oil isn't likely to spread.

One of the three is unconscious from an accumulation of nonlethal damage. The other two are dead.

The burning oil only lasts for 5 rounds total and doesn't spread to adjoining squares. These bad guys didn't want burn their own house down, after all!

I just wanted to make sure! :)


The Pathfinders decide to do a quick sweep of the building. Apart from stairs leading upwards, two rooms are of interest on the first floor.

One chamber contains a slave pen with blooded manacles inside, but no slaves are within. The other chamber is an office with a desk and two chairs. Heaped notes and letters, along with a blood-stained box, are on the desk.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 59 / 60 (1 NL) | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 22 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +13 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 8/8 | Spells: 1st Level (2/2)

If Zeldana and Tabar could search for traps, that would be great.

Perception - Aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Trajan will help search for traps or anything of interest amongst the notes, letters, and what might have been in the blood-stained box.
He will also utilize the 'Paladin Stare' to search for evil auras.

@GM: Detect Evil although I don't expect to find anything.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 38/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 3/3

Jaakko helps in searching the office meticulously going through notes.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human (Varisian) Druid 6 (Nature Fang) - Init. +1, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +11 (+14 vs. traps), AC 22/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 27/45, F+7, R+3, W+7 (+2 Ref vs. traps), Speed 30 ft. [Goodberries: 4/11] | Buffs: longstrider

Zel looks for traps, asking for the Great Owl's wisdom in the process...

Perception, trapfinding, guidance, good hope!!!: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 1 + 2 = 30

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 8 | HP 75 (-0) Temp (+16) | AC:28, Tch:15, FF: 24 | Mods: Good Hope 8m, Deathwatch 30ft | CMD 25 (+1 Disarm/Sunder) | F/R/W +6/+11/+7 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 20/20 | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 2/3 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish raises both eyebrows, "Uh... what's in the box? If it looks safe, I can open it."


Finding no traps, the Pathfinders pour through the notes on the desk while Hamish opens the safe.

One parchment seems particularly relevant.

Parchment:
"Dearest Brother,
Although Raamiz Ibn-Chadli has paid us well, I fear that his gold may cost us in the end. Those Chelish slavers he deals with are little better than pirates. Rather than load the Incubus in the harbor, as any legitimate vessel would, he had us bring the slaves to an isolated stretch of coastline miles from town. I’m not a fearful man, but the Incubus is bound to be caught eventually--you can be sure they’ll turn on us when the Satrap’s questioners talk to them. Worse yet, Ibn-Chadli’s vizier is not what he appears. He’s forced us to build a monstrous shrine in our hall, making each of us participate in his rituals. I was forced to swear I wouldn’t reveal what he is, but that unholy thing is binding us all into some sor . . ."

Inside the box is the stolen portrait of Prince Khasine and bags of Chelish gold!

151 to 200 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Outpost VI] PFS1 # 0-27: "Our Lady of Silver" [GM Jhaeman] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.