[SFS - PbP Outpost VI] 1-09 Live Exploration Extreme! (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Maps & Slides


151 to 197 of 197 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Purrfecta exits The Booth and Wazasha motions for Keyona to enter in the recruitment thread.

-----

Blank Ca wrote:
"They won't like what they'll find, I feel. Still... Who in the hells put a bunch of Archaic dwarves in a moon outside of our solar system? They can't be the ones who did this."

Assuming someone mentions to the dwarves that they're on a moon-sized space station, Holsin says, "I don't understand what you mean by space station. But clearly, we're on Golarion. Odd that as heralds of Torag you wouldn't know this. But nevertheless, we're grateful for your presence and your assistance!"

I'll progress us to the next scene within the next 24 hours. If anyone wants to interact a bit more with the dwarves beforehand, please do! Purrfecta, just checking, do you want to take a 10 min rest?

Dataphiles

female pahtra operative 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +2 | Init. +8 | Perc. +5

Purrfecta does take a quick rest if her companions and the dwarves agree. I was going to just push through, since it's only 3 points, but then I remembered how few a level 1 character has... :)


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Purrfecta (-1RP)
Keyona (-1RP)
Kaath (-1RP)

---------

Once everyone is ready, your entourage sets off travelling through the tunnels upwards. After about 45 minutes of travel, the air becomes visibly cloudy. You easily identify this as a mildly toxic gas that seems to only get worse as you proceed further. Holsin casts life bubble on himself to protect against the gas whereas each of you activate your armor's environmental protections.

After another 45 minutes, the gas has taken on a blue tint and obscures all distant objects and terrain, giving the caverns a spooky and menacing ambiance.

Also menacing is the party stumbling upon not just a couple goblins but a goblin in what appears to be a suit of hacked together powered armor!! "Oh my gob!! It's Big Genius Polbak!!" exclaims Fruk as he dives behind a stalagmite and hides. Before you have a chance to ask Fruk more, the goblin in powered armor and his two henchgoblins move in to attack you!!

"Time for target practice!" cackles Big Genius Polbak gleefully.

Map and image of Big Genius revealed! The poisonous gas here is thick so any targets 10-60 feet away have concealment and anything more than 60 feet away has total concealment. The stalagmites are solid walls that you can't move through but do provide cover.

Combat Initiated!!!

Initiative rolls:
Initiative, Keyona: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Initiative, Delikie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Initiative, Purrfecta: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Initiative, Blank Ca: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Initiative, Kaath: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Initiative, goblins: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Round 1
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Keyona
Big Genius Polbak
Blue goblin
Yellow goblin
Purrfecta
Delikie
Kaath
Blank Ca

Manifold Host

female LG uplifted bear soldier (blitz) 2 | SP 0/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +9 | Perc: -1 (low-light), SM: -1 | Speed 40 ft. climb 10 ft. | Active conditions: Proud sponsor of Brainy Towels

Keyona double moves toward Polbak. "Your friend Fruk says you're smart. So how about we skip the part where we try to kill each other and have something to eat. We already talked to the dwarves, and I bet we can all be friends."

Completely Futile Diplomacy Check: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Make sure the cameras catch all the holes they put in me.


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

"HA! Fruk? A friend? He's but a peon from a different tribe who will SERVE me after I'm done with you!!!" retorts Polbak.

He activates jumpjets which spews a cirle of flame around him, that would otherwise have done harm to anyone standing next to him, and flies straight towards Keyona!

Which provokes Keyona - go ahead and take an AOO attack!

punchslicer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
S damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Polbak swings his punchslicer at Keyona but the landing threw him off as his attack misses!!

junklaser: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
F damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Blue moves into a position of cover, fires at Keyona but his aim is far off!

junklaser: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
F damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Yellow also moves into cover and fires at Keyona and misses!

Keyona engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Getting a closer look at the goblins, Keyona's eye for engineering reveals to her that the goblins' ratty armor’s environmental protections are unstable and could be disabled by fast hands or a careful shot.

A PC adjacent to a goblin can attempt an Engineering check (DC 13 for Polbak and DC 10 for the other two goblins) to deactivate the goblin’s life support, exposing it to the poisonous gas. This action provokes an attack of opportunity. A PC can accomplish the same task by making an attack (ranged OR melee) that deals no damage against the goblin with a –2 penalty. Note that Big Genius Polbak’s powered armor is reinforced, and his environmental protections can only be disabled once he’s suffered some damage - I'll mention when it appears he's susceptible.

Round 1 cont'd & Round 2
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Keyona (-1RP, AOO available w/ 20% miss chance)
Big Genius Polbak
Blue goblin
Yellow goblin
Purrfecta (-1RP)
Delikie
Kaath (-1RP)
Blank Ca

Manifold Host

female LG uplifted bear soldier (blitz) 2 | SP 0/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +9 | Perc: -1 (low-light), SM: -1 | Speed 40 ft. climb 10 ft. | Active conditions: Proud sponsor of Brainy Towels

"Hey, don't you fly away when I'm talking to you!"

Standard Longsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 vs. KAC
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 44

Keyona looks over the armor. "Hey, you did a good job putting those together, but I bet if we all work together, we can make it work even better! How's that sound?"

When the big genius (presumably) refuses to play tinker toys, the soldier gives him a couple good whacks.

Standard Longsword: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3 vs. KAC
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 44

Standard Longsword: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3 vs. KAC
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 60

Uuuuuuuuggggghhhhh...

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Kasatha Spacefarer Solarian 4 | Init +1 | Peception +6 | Sp 27/27, HP 25/25, RP 0/1 | EAC 15, KAC 16 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5 | Reroll 1/1 |

Kaath calls out as he activates his solar weapon and draws his pistol as he rushes forward to take a shot

”The Cosmos will recognize your treacherous act with ignominious defeat.“

azimuth laser pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 fire: 1d4 ⇒ 1 on goblin at range

Acquisitives

Male LN Ysoki Mystic (Shaper) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5; SPELL 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13; CMD 21 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init +1 | Perc +8 (Darkvision); SM +8 | Speed 30ft Active Conditions: none

"This is a lot of talking. Let's go." Blank draws his gun and runs near Kaath, but uses his small size to move behind the camera crew.

Full action charge, doesn't take the melee attack. I've moved double my speed which is 50ft

Dataphiles

female pahtra operative 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +2 | Init. +8 | Perc. +5

Purrfecta moves forward and fires at the blue goblin.
stealth trick attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
azimuth laser pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

*Swish!* *Swish!* *Swish!*
Keyona swings her sword through the air multiple times, providing some impressive looking flourishes for the camera but not making any actual contact with the attacking Big Genius!

20% miss chance below: 1d100 ⇒ 67
Kaath fires and lands a very tricky shot on Polbak for 1 point of damage!

Blank closes in on the goblin targetes!

Purrfecta fires but the goblin sees her coming and uses the stalagmites as cover, avoiding getting hit!

Round 1 cont'd & Round 2
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Keyona (-1RP)
Big Genius Polbak (-1HP)
Blue goblin
Yellow goblin
Purrfecta (-1RP)
Delikie
Kaath (-1RP)
Blank Ca


Botting Delikie with a double move

Delikie moves in to get a better line of sight view on the goblins!


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

The camera crew again expertly weaves and dodges through the battle, getting into position for the perfect camera shots!!

punchslicer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
S damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Polbak takes a guarded step to avoid blocking the laser fire from his minions and swings heavily at Keyona, hitting her for 10 points of damage!!

junklaser: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
F damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 76
Blue fires and gets a good shot in, hitting Keyona for 4 points of damage!

junklaser: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
F damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 13
Yellow also continues to fire at the big bear but the thick, dense gases causes yellow to miss!

Round 2 cont'd & Round 3
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Keyona (-14SP, -1RP)
Big Genius Polbak (-1HP)
Blue goblin
Yellow goblin
Purrfecta (-1RP)
Delikie
Kaath (-1RP)
Blank Ca


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

In the interests of time, let's get Delikie into The Booth and say this took place during a little break while the entire party was hiking through the caverns before encountering the goblins in the current combat encounter...

Wazasha walks up to Delikie and requests, "You have not yet had a chance to share your thoughts with our audience. Please join me in The Booth" (In the recruitment thread)

Manifold Host

female LG uplifted bear soldier (blitz) 2 | SP 0/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +9 | Perc: -1 (low-light), SM: -1 | Speed 40 ft. climb 10 ft. | Active conditions: Proud sponsor of Brainy Towels

"What I wouldn't give for a giant robot about now... Hey, Delikie, doe the kids still like it when you yell out the name of your attacks like on those old holos?

"YOUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT BISECTION!"

Standard Longsword: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 4 = 19
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 63

Standard Longsword: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 7

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Kasatha Spacefarer Solarian 4 | Init +1 | Peception +6 | Sp 27/27, HP 25/25, RP 0/1 | EAC 15, KAC 16 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5 | Reroll 1/1 |

Kaath moves again, climbing a small rise to get a shot

”These goblins have lost their way and need correction.“

azimuth laser pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 fire: 1d4 ⇒ 3

On blue…

Acquisitives

Female Android Biohacker 1 +2 Fort +2 Will +2 Ref EAC 13 KAC 14 Stamina 0/6 HP 10/10 Perception +2

Keyona feels a sharp prick in her side.
"You need a little boost!"
+1 enhancement bonus to AC from basic booster biohack


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Keyona swings twice and lands both hits for 16 points of damage!!

Kaath fires but the shot hits the stalagmite that blue is using for cover!

Delikie jabs Keyona!!

------

Round 2 cont'd & Round 3
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Keyona (-14SP, -1RP)
Big Genius Polbak (-17HP)
Blue goblin
Yellow goblin
Purrfecta (-1RP)
Delikie
Kaath (-1RP)
Blank Ca

Acquisitives

Male LN Ysoki Mystic (Shaper) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5; SPELL 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13; CMD 21 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init +1 | Perc +8 (Darkvision); SM +8 | Speed 30ft Active Conditions: none

Blank takes the long road to close in, circling around the closest stalagmite. He squints and ducks behind the rock formations, shooting at the closest goblin.
move action - move 25ft, Combat action - Shoot

Ranged Semi-Auto Pistol: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 VS KAC
If hit: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Piercing, analog


Botting Purrfecta

Purrfecta moves forward and fires at the Big Genius!
stealth trick attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
azimuth laser pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 40


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Blank's attack misses but Purrfecta's attack lands for 7 points of damage!!

punchslicer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
S damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Polbak punches but his attack is unbearably slow, missing Keyona!

junklaser: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
F damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 65
Blue fires and bearly misses Keyona!

junklaser: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
F damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 93
Yellow, bears his teeth and growls in celebration as his attack lands on Keyona for 4 points of damage!

Holsin (double) moves in behind Keyona and says, "Don't you worry, I'm hear to support you!"

------

Round 2 cont'd & Round 3
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Keyona (-14SP, -4HP, -1RP)
Big Genius Polbak (-24HP)
Blue goblin
Yellow goblin
Purrfecta (-1RP)
Delikie
Kaath (-1RP)
Blank Ca

Manifold Host

female LG uplifted bear soldier (blitz) 2 | SP 0/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +9 | Perc: -1 (low-light), SM: -1 | Speed 40 ft. climb 10 ft. | Active conditions: Proud sponsor of Brainy Towels

Inspired by her own heroics, Keyona continues yelling at Polbak and hitting him with a sword.

"FRIENDSHIP SMASH!"

Standard Longsword: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 = 10
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 82

Standard Longsword: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 4 = 17
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 34


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Keyona's first swing misses but...

*SMASH!!*

...the follow-up attack sends the Polbak tumbling down to the ground! Two goblins left opposing the party!

------

Round 2 cont'd & Round 3
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Keyona (-14SP, -4HP, -1RP)
Blue goblin
Yellow goblin
Purrfecta (-1RP)
Delikie
Kaath (-1RP)
Blank Ca

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Kasatha Spacefarer Solarian 4 | Init +1 | Peception +6 | Sp 27/27, HP 25/25, RP 0/1 | EAC 15, KAC 16 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5 | Reroll 1/1 |

Kaath strides down the hill while drawing a returning star knife with a spare hand, then hurls it at the closest standing goblin

”Try this on for size. “

returning star knife: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 pierce: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

But his toss is interrupted by a slide down the hill and he barely manages to catch it.

Dataphiles

female pahtra operative 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +2 | Init. +8 | Perc. +5

Purrfecta keeps shooting at nearest goblin.
stealth trick attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
azimuth laser pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 66


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Kaath's attack flies off in a completely unexpected direction!

Purrfecta catches yellow off guard and just manages to hit him for 4 points of damage!

------

Round 2 cont'd & Round 3
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Keyona (-14SP, -4HP, -1RP)
Blue goblin
Yellow goblin (-4HP)
Purrfecta (-1RP)
Delikie
Kaath (-1RP)
Blank Ca


Blank Ca moves in closer and attacks blue!
Ranged Semi-Auto Pistol: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 VS KAC
If hit: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Piercing, analog

Delikie also moves in closer and attacks blue!
tactical needler pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
P damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Yellow, having taken a hit and with his big boss down, runs away in fear!

Blue ain't gunna take on the entire party by himself and also scurries away in retreat!!

Combat Concluded!!!

Exploring the cavern, you find on the other side of the bridge a massive adamantium alloy door! Scattered haphazardly about you also find goblin tools, explosives and other miscellaneous gear.

DC8 Intelligence:
You deduce that the goblins were trying to break through the adamantine door - most likely blasting their way through.

Perhaps through a combination of technical expertise and brute force, the door can be bypassed...

Athletics and Engineering can be used to open the door - anyone can roll and anyone can assist.

With the current fan favor standing, I suggest Delikie, Purrfecta and Kaath attempt to open the door in an overly flashy or clever way with a -4 penalty per the "Risks" rule. And Keyona and Blank Ca attempt to assist...

Acquisitives

Female Android Biohacker 1 +2 Fort +2 Will +2 Ref EAC 13 KAC 14 Stamina 0/6 HP 10/10 Perception +2

Would a breaching charge work on the door? And would it be sufficiently flashy?

Manifold Host

female LG uplifted bear soldier (blitz) 2 | SP 0/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +9 | Perc: -1 (low-light), SM: -1 | Speed 40 ft. climb 10 ft. | Active conditions: Proud sponsor of Brainy Towels

Intelligence: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"Aw, the kids just wanted to see what was beyond the door. Normally I'd say to ask your parents, but it doesn't look like anyone who could open it is around."

Aid Another, Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Or automatic aid with Athletics

Acquisitives

Female Android Biohacker 1 +2 Fort +2 Will +2 Ref EAC 13 KAC 14 Stamina 0/6 HP 10/10 Perception +2

I can't believe I bought a breaching charge, but forgot to put a rank in engineering...
Engineering Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Dataphiles

female pahtra operative 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +2 | Init. +8 | Perc. +5

engineering, 2 aids, risk: 1d20 + 4 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 - 4 = 5

uggh, using vestment reroll

engineering, 2 aids, risk, one nova: 1d20 + 4 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 - 4 + 1 = 7

Purrfecta can't do this the easy way, so she tries the hard way.

athletics, showy: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15

any aids on that athletics check?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Kasatha Spacefarer Solarian 4 | Init +1 | Peception +6 | Sp 27/27, HP 25/25, RP 0/1 | EAC 15, KAC 16 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5 | Reroll 1/1 |

Kaath nods.

”Excellent observation. “

athletics aid : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Manifold Host

female LG uplifted bear soldier (blitz) 2 | SP 0/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +9 | Perc: -1 (low-light), SM: -1 | Speed 40 ft. climb 10 ft. | Active conditions: Proud sponsor of Brainy Towels

Athletics +10, so one more Aid.

Acquisitives

Female Android Biohacker 1 +2 Fort +2 Will +2 Ref EAC 13 KAC 14 Stamina 0/6 HP 10/10 Perception +2

athletic aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Delikie: A breaching charge could potentially open the door but the same can be achieved piecing together the equipment leftover by the goblins. As for flashy, yes it can be made flashy based upon your description of how you breach the door!

At first, Keyona, Delikie, and Purrfecta gather up a variety of the explosives and gear left over by the goblins, identifying which pieces are useful whereas what objects are just plain scrap. But then the three of them realize that none of them really know how to put a bomb together. The undead crew and Wazasha watch - unimpressed.

But nevertheless, our heroes fall back on plan B - BRUTE FORCE!! Purrfecta decides to show off a bit with her attempt by not simply pulling the door open with her hands. Instead, she cobbles together a harness that attaches to the door on one end and on the other end she fashions a bit that fits in her mouth. That's right... She's planning to pull the door open with her teeth!!!

Kaath adn Delikie get into the spirit and together attach a couple more bits so that they too can help rip the door open with bits in their mouth.

Keyona decides to tie a portion of the harness to her tail and assist with her bee-hind rather than her teeth.

All together Purrfecta, Kaath, Delikie and Keyona heaves!!! The ho's!! HEAVE!!! HO!!!

*CLANG*

By the (near literal) skin of their teeth, the team manages to rip the door off its hinges!!

Before your party can enter, Wazasha says, "Please, let the camera crew go in first so that when you go through, the cameras can catch your genuine reaction to whatever is on the other side of the door."

Half of the camera operators go through the door while the other half stay on this side fo the door to continue filming you. Finally, with the film crew all in position, Wazasha gives you the go-ahead to proceed!

You step through the doorway, exiting onto an elevated walkway that runs along the length of a horizontal cylindrical space that’s several hundred feet in diameter and that extends as far as the eye can see to the right and left. At several points along its visible length lie heavy doors like the one you just opened. Most notably, though, you spot a digital terminal near your door, its display glowing with strange alien text that quickly cycles through various forms before stopping on Common.

See slide 1 for the terminal display.

At a second glance, you can see that each of the doors along this huge gallery have a similar terminal next to them, suggesting there are untold numbers of other simulation chambers sustaining other artificial worlds within the moon!

"By the gods! What is this?!?!" remarks Holsin.

"And that's a wrap!" declares Wazahsa. She turns to the party, "This is the perfect cliffanger on which to stop filming. But before we head back to the surface, everyone please gather up for one final action shot!"

Everyone, please go ahead and throw out any remarks or reactions based upon what you've discovered. And as per Wazasha's instruction, strike a pose for a final action shot that will be used for promotional purposes. Also, with your pose, please roll Charisma to potentially earn some Fan Favor!

After the shot is taken, Wazasha sets up The Booth one last time and invites all of you to enter together. "Anyone who would like to enter, please join to share you final thoughts with our viewers!" (in the recruitment thread)

Manifold Host

female LG uplifted bear soldier (blitz) 2 | SP 0/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +9 | Perc: -1 (low-light), SM: -1 | Speed 40 ft. climb 10 ft. | Active conditions: Proud sponsor of Brainy Towels

Keyona grabs Fruk with one arm and Holsin with the other. Whispering, "Smile now, and once the undead are gone, we can help more," she faces one of the cameras and flashes a big, toothy grin while giving them a... well, you know.

Charisma: 1d20 ⇒ 13

She hopes that it looked more "happy" than "hungry". "Okay, let's get one with just the Starfinders! We're going to have a great album to show your friends when we get home."

Dataphiles

female pahtra operative 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +2 | Init. +8 | Perc. +5

Purrfecta joins in the picture, looking cool and aloof.

cha: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Kasatha Spacefarer Solarian 4 | Init +1 | Peception +6 | Sp 27/27, HP 25/25, RP 0/1 | EAC 15, KAC 16 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5 | Reroll 1/1 |

”The Cosmos has provided a solution at just the appropriate time and place!“

He makes a peace sign with each of his four hands … or are they bunny ears behind Keyona’s head?

Acquisitives

Male LN Ysoki Mystic (Shaper) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5; SPELL 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13; CMD 21 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init +1 | Perc +8 (Darkvision); SM +8 | Speed 30ft Active Conditions: none

Blank turns around and then back at the terminal "What do you mean we're stopping here?" He barks out, but when it becomes clear that the rest of the crew is going to go along with it he relents, joining into the picture with crossed arms and a frown, but still trying to look cool.

charisma: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Well, at least as a cool as a dirt-stained, angry old rat can.

Manifold Host

female LG uplifted bear soldier (blitz) 2 | SP 0/14 HP 20/20 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +9 | Perc: -1 (low-light), SM: -1 | Speed 40 ft. climb 10 ft. | Active conditions: Proud sponsor of Brainy Towels

Keyona spits on a paw and wipes some dirt off Blank Ca's face. "We can't send you home looking like that, now, can we?"

Acquisitives

Female Android Biohacker 1 +2 Fort +2 Will +2 Ref EAC 13 KAC 14 Stamina 0/6 HP 10/10 Perception +2

Delikie poses mid-eyeroll at her teammate's shenanigans.
Charisma: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Acquisitives

Male LN Ysoki Mystic (Shaper) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5; SPELL 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13; CMD 21 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init +1 | Perc +8 (Darkvision); SM +8 | Speed 30ft Active Conditions: none

Blank chatters his teeth at Keyona, trying to push her away "Don't try your "mother" act with me I'm twice or thrice your a-"
He is unsuccessful, and now the fur of one side of his face sticks up, making him look even more disheveled.


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Keyona does her best but gives off a slightly hungry vibe. Purrfecta tries to look away from camera to appear cool but is caught looking one too many times directly at the camera. Kaath manages to throw around several bunny ears on his colleagues. Blank Ca looks... well... ratty. And Delikie tries to roll her eyes but ends up blinking with eyes closed in most of the pictures.

Wazasha looks at the digital images captured and remarks, "Well... they're suffici... ummmm... <sigh> It is what it is."

Wazasha asks aloud, “How about we hear how they’re wrapping up the event in the studio?” She pulls up a program on her wrist computer, which plays the live audio feed with Zo! shouting excitedly.

“What a discovery! What a destination! What a band of unlikely heroes! What could lie deeper in Salvation’s End? Find out on the next episode of Live Exploration Extreme! when the Starfinder Society returns to—”

“What?” shouts Luwazi with alarm from near Zo!’s microphone. “That was not part of our deal, Zo! You can’t just add a sequel when we haven’t—”

Zo!’s voice insistently cuts back in. “Ha ha! And now a word from our sponsors!”

A booming add for Nova Solutions blares out of Wazasha’s computer before she closes the program, rolls her eyes, and orders the teams to retrace their way to the surface.

For anyone party member who tells Wazasha that they wish to continue exploring this artificial moon, she responds, "I understand your eagerness but there are likely more deadly threats beyond, and Luwazi Elsebo would want to give you a proper debriefing before sending you deeper into the unknown."

With a surprising amount of throughtfulness, she adds, "Furthermore, there’s still the question of what to do with the dwarves. The gaping hole through which you arrived and the open door into this chamber has obviously shattered the artificial existence in which these dwarves have lived for at least a century, and the existence of a larger galaxy beyond their tiny world may inspire some to travel the stars. For others, the stress may be too much without patient mentors to guide their path. It’s clear, though, that given the malfunctioning machinery, remaining in the simulation isn’t a viable option."

Back on the Exemplarion, Luwazi seems somewhat frazzled as she meets with you to hear your un-glamorized accounts of the expedition. She reports that Zo! is desperately trying to negotiate for additional filmed excursions, but so far she’s left him with a curt “We’ll see.” Prior to dismissing your party, Luwazi asks each of you, "But what do you think? Should Live Exploration Extreme! should return for another episode?"

After you reply, the party is released and free to partake in the endless festivities on the Exemplarion, where you can bask in the fame and infamy of your respective performances!

--------

Weeks and days later, you arrive back at Absalom Station shortly after the live broadcast reaches the Pact Worlds. Those who managed to capture the imaginations of fans (Keyona, Blank Ca and Kaath) get invited as guests to a host of programs, game shows, nightclubs, and other events. Sadly, the fame only lasts for about a week, after which the news cycle quickly latches onto new short-term celebrities. It’s only a matter of time before you receive your next call to explore the galaxy and make a name for yourselves!

--------

This wraps up the scenario! Please feel free to throw up any final RP posts. I'll switch over to the discussion thread for the remaining administrative items!

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Kasatha Spacefarer Solarian 4 | Init +1 | Peception +6 | Sp 27/27, HP 25/25, RP 0/1 | EAC 15, KAC 16 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5 | Reroll 1/1 |

Kaath ponders the odd rituals and audience participation

”The Cosmos has never needed an audience to provide action in a time-space scenario . The old adage of a ‘tree falling in the woods’ still makes a noise. However one could argue the entire purpose of chronicling these events is so the future participants have access to know the tree fell in the first place.“


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Although Kaath's sayings garner a great deal of agreement on the talk show circuit, no one truly understands the underlying meaning of what Kaath says...

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Kasatha Spacefarer Solarian 4 | Init +1 | Peception +6 | Sp 27/27, HP 25/25, RP 0/1 | EAC 15, KAC 16 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5 | Reroll 1/1 |

Neither does Kaath :)

Acquisitives

Female Android Biohacker 1 +2 Fort +2 Will +2 Ref EAC 13 KAC 14 Stamina 0/6 HP 10/10 Perception +2

"This mission was a pleasure, hopefully we'll have another together soon. Actually, anyone else up for finding a bar and getting a few drinks?"

151 to 197 of 197 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.