GM Frost's S01-06 Lost on the Spirit Road [PbP Outpost VI] (Inactive)

Game Master Frozen Frost

Sign-Up Sheet | Slides and Maps | Macros |
Challenge Points: 23 (High Tier, Level 3-4)
Start Date: 6 March 2023
End Date: 15 May 2023


101 to 150 of 162 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

NG Female Human | Back-Alley Doctor | Investigator Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Active Investigation(s): True Name, Research | HP 32/32 | AC 17 | F/R/W: +7/+8/+10 | Perc +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Medicine(E): +10, Arcana/Crafting/Occultism/Society/Lore (PFS, Underworld): +9, Acrobatics(E): +8, Survival/Nature: +7, Athletics/Stealth: +6, Diplomacy: +5, Religion(U): +3, Thievery(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Zhamie strides closer and attempts to calculate the best angle on Brown.

Devise: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Abandoning the idea, she shoots Black instead.

Jezail vs Black: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Disgusted, Zhamie swears and reloads.


◆ Stride
◇ Devise
◆ Bang (whiff)
◆ Reload

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Duskwalker) Investigator (Wizard Dedication) 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +67 Ref +10 Will +9 / Quick Tincture 4/4 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Known weaknesses, resist negative damage 1, healing 1 hp/min

Devise a stratagem is action which counts in the three actions.

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human | Back-Alley Doctor | Investigator Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Active Investigation(s): True Name, Research | HP 32/32 | AC 17 | F/R/W: +7/+8/+10 | Perc +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Medicine(E): +10, Arcana/Crafting/Occultism/Society/Lore (PFS, Underworld): +9, Acrobatics(E): +8, Survival/Nature: +7, Athletics/Stealth: +6, Diplomacy: +5, Religion(U): +3, Thievery(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |
Kerlok Sholmes wrote:
Devise a stratagem is action which counts in the three actions.

Not if it's part of a current investigation (Caravan)

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Duskwalker) Investigator (Wizard Dedication) 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +67 Ref +10 Will +9 / Quick Tincture 4/4 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Known weaknesses, resist negative damage 1, healing 1 hp/min

Yes but let’s see if the bandits count for it.I’ve have always had the impression it’s a weird feature. Some GM want to declare the term exactly and others are ok if you declared something even if it’s sometimes totally different.

So I always counted it as action and let the GM tell me if I can still get one action. It has never been the case.

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human | Back-Alley Doctor | Investigator Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Active Investigation(s): True Name, Research | HP 32/32 | AC 17 | F/R/W: +7/+8/+10 | Perc +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Medicine(E): +10, Arcana/Crafting/Occultism/Society/Lore (PFS, Underworld): +9, Acrobatics(E): +8, Survival/Nature: +7, Athletics/Stealth: +6, Diplomacy: +5, Religion(U): +3, Thievery(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

At least, I think we're defending the caravan... if not, I'm sure the GM will bonk my 'ead :)

Vigilant Seal

Skills:
Athletics +9, Intimidation +6, Medicine +7, Religion +7, Survival +7, Undead Lore +7, Warfare Lore +5
Male Human LG Paladin 3| HP:44/44 | AC 20 (22 with shield raised) |Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +9 | Per: +7 | Hero Points: 1

Garrace tries to subdue the tengu in the middle.
Strike x2
Melee longsword (versatile P) v gray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage (S): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Melee longsword (versatile P) v gray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage (S): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Raise Shield

Grand Archive

(KOOR-el-ee-un) M Elf Spellsinger 3 | HP (39/39) | AC 20 | F +7 R +9 W +7 | Perception +7 (Lowlight) | Speed 30

Corelion slides with elven grace to within range of blue.

Corelion pauses for a moment to assess the best line of attack before making an upward swing, like a swan rising from the water.

halberd vs blue: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
slashing+precision: 1d10 + 6 + 1d8 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (7) = 21

Stride, HuntPrey(Blue), Strike.

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 3 / HP 38/38, Perc +5, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +7 / Active conditions:

The inventor moves and strikes the tengu brown.

Greatpick:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Damage, overdrive:1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13

Then he casts shield.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Duskwalker) Investigator (Wizard Dedication) 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +67 Ref +10 Will +9 / Quick Tincture 4/4 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Known weaknesses, resist negative damage 1, healing 1 hp/min

The duskwalker draws his shortbow and casts a new spell upon the red and the blue ones.

Electric arc:2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10

Reflex DC 20


Spell Area Templates | ◆◇↺

I will allow Zhamie's as part of her investigation. And I will allow to change Kerlok's to bandits instead of porachas that you declared because I have partly at fault in introducing them instead of the bandits, which you do not have the chance to declare since I moved you all already to initiative.

Brown is confused about what Necco is talking about, giving chance to Necco to be distracted by her next moves. Now flat-footed, it only manages to dodge the first attack and not her second one. Brown takes 8 total damage. Zhamie still can't determine a weakness of Brown at the moment and fails to hit Black as well. Garrace joins in and slashes his sword across Brown's body to bring it into its demise before raising his shield. Corelion has no trouble slashing Blue from a distance, causing it to be instantly bloodied. Lendaru, his weapon empowered, also connects his weapon to (redirecting your attack since Brown is gone at this point) Blue's vital organ. The tengu collapses on the ground lifeless.

Redirecting your spell target to Red and Black,

GM Screen:
Black DC 20 basic Reflex save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Fail
Red DC 20 basic Reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Fail

Kerlok successfully electrocutes Red and Black, the Red bandit getting toasted and lifeless.

The remaining tengu flees to the west for his life (provokes AoO) but the last human bandit attempts to load his sling and attacks Necco
Sling Attack vs Necco AC 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Sling Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 bludgeoning damage

before it attempts to flee northward.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
CARAVAN DEFENSE Round 3
Terrain Features: Squares with trees are Difficult Terrain
Link: ENCOUNTER MAP

──────────
CHARACTER IN ➤ BOLD CAN ACT!
──────────
➤ Corelion (AC 20) (39/39 HP) │ Has 5-ft bonus to Speed, –2 circumstance penalty to Perception checks, Gravity on Halberd weapon
➤ Garrace (AC 19) (17/30 HP)
➤ Necco (AC 19) (26/30 HP)
➤ Kerlok (AC 19) (48/48 HP)
➤ Zhamie (AC 17) (32/32 HP) │ Has +2 bonus to Lore checks and checks to Recall Knowledge
➤ Lendaru (AC 20) (38/38 HP) │ Overdrive on weapon

Tengu Black (-20 HP) │ Has fled, provoking AoO
Tengu Blue (-21 HP)
Tengu Brown (-32 HP)
Bandit Red (-10 HP)
Bandit Yellow (- HP)

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human | Back-Alley Doctor | Investigator Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Active Investigation(s): True Name, Research | HP 32/32 | AC 17 | F/R/W: +7/+8/+10 | Perc +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Medicine(E): +10, Arcana/Crafting/Occultism/Society/Lore (PFS, Underworld): +9, Acrobatics(E): +8, Survival/Nature: +7, Athletics/Stealth: +6, Diplomacy: +5, Religion(U): +3, Thievery(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Zhamie rushes forward. "'OI! Vous come back 'ere!" She yells at the fleeing bandit. She immediately raises her weapon and attempts to get a bank shot off the trees.

Devise vs Yellow: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Hits AC 18

Unsure of whether to take the shot or not, she shoots anyway, hoping for the best.

Concussive+Precision?: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

She reloads for another shot.


◆ Stride
◇ Devise
◆ Bang!
◆ Reload


Spell Area Templates | ◆◇↺

Zhamie takes the chance even though she isn't sure she can hit the escaping bandit. Her attempt is not wasted because her shot is a hit on the heart, bringing the bandit down.

COMBAT OVER! WELL DONE!

Party Health:
Corelion (AC 20) (39/39 HP)
Garrace (AC 19) (17/30 HP)
Necco (AC 19) (26/30 HP)
Kerlok (AC 19) (48/48 HP)
Zhamie (AC 17) (32/32 HP)
Lendaru (AC 20) (38/38 HP)

"Wow! Nice shot to that!" exclaims the athletic woman after Zhamies brings the last enemy down. "We thought the Venture-Captain has forgotten us. Thanks to the gods that you are able to find us here." says the other. "I am Lin Po and she is Ti Lan." he continues. "Thank you for coming to our rescue. I honestly feared we would be trapped in the forest forever. I apologize if we are not of help in fending off those bastards, we are too wearied of what has happened to us while we we were lost in this forest."

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Duskwalker) Investigator (Wizard Dedication) 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +67 Ref +10 Will +9 / Quick Tincture 4/4 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Known weaknesses, resist negative damage 1, healing 1 hp/min

The duskwalker raises an eyebrow: And what happened to you exactly while you were lost in this forest? Don't omit any detail, please. That could be important for the investigation.

Vigilant Seal

Skills:
Athletics +9, Intimidation +6, Medicine +7, Religion +7, Survival +7, Undead Lore +7, Warfare Lore +5
Male Human LG Paladin 3| HP:44/44 | AC 20 (22 with shield raised) |Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +9 | Per: +7 | Hero Points: 1

"You have not been forgotten," Garrace assures the rescued pair.

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 3 / HP 38/38, Perc +5, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +7 / Active conditions:

The inventor accepts their excuses and waits to know what happened to them.

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human | Back-Alley Doctor | Investigator Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Active Investigation(s): True Name, Research | HP 32/32 | AC 17 | F/R/W: +7/+8/+10 | Perc +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Medicine(E): +10, Arcana/Crafting/Occultism/Society/Lore (PFS, Underworld): +9, Acrobatics(E): +8, Survival/Nature: +7, Athletics/Stealth: +6, Diplomacy: +5, Religion(U): +3, Thievery(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

"Oui. Vat 'appened to vous?"

Grand Archive

(KOOR-el-ee-un) M Elf Spellsinger 3 | HP (39/39) | AC 20 | F +7 R +9 W +7 | Perception +7 (Lowlight) | Speed 30

"You're alive!" Corelion exclaims now that combat is over "Amara-Li had feared the worst, but had not yet given up hope."

Horizon Hunters

Female CN Catfolk Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 29/30 | AC:19 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | Perception +5, low-light vision | Move 25 | Hero Points 1

Necco pokes about in the remains of the tengu and bandits to see if there is any remuneration to be had.


Spell Area Templates | ◆◇↺

They explain the source of their predicament. Necco finds that the tengus and bandits just carry some short bows, and rapiers, and wear leather armor, clubs, and slings.

"We received a message from the kami within the relic shortly before reaching the village. The message was vague, but we were able to discern that the kami was trapped within and that it was afraid that some sort of nefarious force in the forest would try to capture it. At the time, we had a strong sense that the kami’s ward was close by, and we convinced the others to take a minor detour to assist a spirit in need. Unfortunately, our detour ended up being far longer than we expected, as the theft of the relic disrupted their plans.

"Since then, we have been following trails left by the spirits in hopes of finding their way back to the spirit road. We have glimpsed the thief in the distance several times, still carrying our bag with the relic, but we have never managed to catch up with him. I thought that the spirits are trying to lead us to the thief. We are tired, scared, and frustrated, and I feel guilty for leading an entire caravan into such a troublesome situation." explains Lin Po.

"If you don't mind, please track the thief. He is a kitsune. We can't go along with you because we can't leave the caravan, but since it is early in the day today, we can stop here and make camp to wait for your return and hopefully with the relic. It is an amulet, an omamori amulet, if you will." Ti Lan adds to the conversation.

If you wish, anyone trained can attempt a DC 15 Survival check to to track the thief.

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human | Back-Alley Doctor | Investigator Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Active Investigation(s): True Name, Research | HP 32/32 | AC 17 | F/R/W: +7/+8/+10 | Perc +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Medicine(E): +10, Arcana/Crafting/Occultism/Society/Lore (PFS, Underworld): +9, Acrobatics(E): +8, Survival/Nature: +7, Athletics/Stealth: +6, Diplomacy: +5, Religion(U): +3, Thievery(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

New Active Investigation: Kitsune Thief

Zhamie attempts to recall her lessons in tracking.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

She's thankful for her teacher's patience in teaching her to read the ground (and Quickblade Trueshot isn't the most patient of men)

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Duskwalker) Investigator (Wizard Dedication) 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +67 Ref +10 Will +9 / Quick Tincture 4/4 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Known weaknesses, resist negative damage 1, healing 1 hp/min

The duskwalker draws his bow before to begin the chase and remembers all the details given about the thief and the relic.

Investigation: thief with relic

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human | Back-Alley Doctor | Investigator Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Active Investigation(s): True Name, Research | HP 32/32 | AC 17 | F/R/W: +7/+8/+10 | Perc +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Medicine(E): +10, Arcana/Crafting/Occultism/Society/Lore (PFS, Underworld): +9, Acrobatics(E): +8, Survival/Nature: +7, Athletics/Stealth: +6, Diplomacy: +5, Religion(U): +3, Thievery(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Zhamie reloads her jezail and keeps it ready.

Horizon Hunters

Female CN Catfolk Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 29/30 | AC:19 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | Perception +5, low-light vision | Move 25 | Hero Points 1

Necco grumbles about the poverty of their opponents, pulls on the hood of her fur coat, and makes ready to go.

Vigilant Seal

Skills:
Athletics +9, Intimidation +6, Medicine +7, Religion +7, Survival +7, Undead Lore +7, Warfare Lore +5
Male Human LG Paladin 3| HP:44/44 | AC 20 (22 with shield raised) |Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +9 | Per: +7 | Hero Points: 1

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"This way," urges Garrace.

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 3 / HP 38/38, Perc +5, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +7 / Active conditions:

The inventor follows the group.

Grand Archive

(KOOR-el-ee-un) M Elf Spellsinger 3 | HP (39/39) | AC 20 | F +7 R +9 W +7 | Perception +7 (Lowlight) | Speed 30

survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Corelion nods to Garrace, feeling good about the same path.


Spell Area Templates | ◆◇↺

Zhamie and Garrace easily track the thief. What they find however is a set of feline pawprints on the snow from an eight-legged creature, a piece of information that does not suit the description for a kitsune. Nevertheless, both of them are sure that they are following the thief.

After following the tracks off the road and navigating deeper into the forest for about an hour, they come to a clearing where they find the thief, a poracha, which carries a sack of valuables taken from the caravan as described unto them, and for sure is including the kami’s relic. The poracha emerges from a nearby tree, greeting them. "Hello! Are you here for this?" he dangles the sack in front of him. "I can see in your eyes that you want this, though I don't why. My name is Tishoki." he adds with a grin on his face. "I'm kinda bored, what if we play a game, or entertain ourselves with something!" he waits for them to entertain him if the agents choose to.

Corelion knows that this poracha can be convinced to part with the relic and the other stolen goods by succeeding at a DC 20 Deception check, or entertain him so much he gifts these items to them by succeeding at a DC 18 Games Lore or Performance check. Each of you can attempt only once. I am looking for three successful checks. You can try using other skills justified by your roleplay at a higher DC though.

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human | Back-Alley Doctor | Investigator Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Active Investigation(s): True Name, Research | HP 32/32 | AC 17 | F/R/W: +7/+8/+10 | Perc +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Medicine(E): +10, Arcana/Crafting/Occultism/Society/Lore (PFS, Underworld): +9, Acrobatics(E): +8, Survival/Nature: +7, Athletics/Stealth: +6, Diplomacy: +5, Religion(U): +3, Thievery(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

None of the above. Zhamie might be able to use PFS or Underworld Lore to come up with how other cultures or the underworld entertain themselves but she has none of those skills

Horizon Hunters

Female CN Catfolk Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 29/30 | AC:19 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | Perception +5, low-light vision | Move 25 | Hero Points 1

"You know what you have there my fellow feline? In that sack, there is a sample of a horrible magical disease my colleagues had discovered and were bringing back for study. I hope you haven't held it for too long. You wouldn't look good with blood oozing pustules all over your face."

Deception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Duskwalker) Investigator (Wizard Dedication) 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +67 Ref +10 Will +9 / Quick Tincture 4/4 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Known weaknesses, resist negative damage 1, healing 1 hp/min

The duskwalker speaks calmly: Well it seems you don't understand the situation right. You have taken something to someone who didn't possess it. It makes you a partner of the theft. Of course you know what it means, don't you? It means that you'll get the authority running after you to condemn you for you forfeiture. So better to hand it to us now and we can avoid to talk about it later.

Legal lore: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Grand Archive

(KOOR-el-ee-un) M Elf Spellsinger 3 | HP (39/39) | AC 20 | F +7 R +9 W +7 | Perception +7 (Lowlight) | Speed 30

Corelion notes

"Games are not my thing, but let me sing you a song..."

performance: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 3 / HP 38/38, Perc +5, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +7 / Active conditions:

I have none of the mentioned skills and I don’t know what else to do.

Vigilant Seal

Skills:
Athletics +9, Intimidation +6, Medicine +7, Religion +7, Survival +7, Undead Lore +7, Warfare Lore +5
Male Human LG Paladin 3| HP:44/44 | AC 20 (22 with shield raised) |Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +9 | Per: +7 | Hero Points: 1

Untrained in all those skills, so....

Performance: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Hero Point, Performance: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Spell Area Templates | ◆◇↺

"Nah, you're bluffing. I took a quick look inside it just a while ago and find mundane things in it." Tishoki tells Necco, waving his hand in dismissal. He then ponders on the legalities of what he has just taken from the kitsune. "Well, I got this from the kitsune that was looking inside this sack viciously. To make it fun, I stole it from him. I never thought that he already stole it from someone else." he tells Kerlok admittedly. He then rummages inside the sack and throws you an omamori amulet. "Here, I will give you that one. Hihi." as he grins. Corelion gives the poracha a wonderful performance. He then tells them what he thinks. "I am also giving you this, in exchange for that nice performance then." he then throws the sack that he stole from the kitsune and gives them also his +1 striking katana. "You might need that sword. Sure enough, that kitsune has been looking around for that treasure that I stole from him but it is now yours. Bye!" before they vanish away.

Party Health:
Corelion (AC 20) (39/39 HP)
Garrace (AC 19) (17/30 HP)
Necco (AC 19) (26/30 HP)
Kerlok (AC 19) (48/48 HP)
Zhamie (AC 17) (32/32 HP)
Lendaru (AC 20) (38/38 HP)

Posting party's health if you wish to mend your allies for ten minutes before you return to the location of the caravan to bring them the stolen valuables.

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human | Back-Alley Doctor | Investigator Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Active Investigation(s): True Name, Research | HP 32/32 | AC 17 | F/R/W: +7/+8/+10 | Perc +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Medicine(E): +10, Arcana/Crafting/Occultism/Society/Lore (PFS, Underworld): +9, Acrobatics(E): +8, Survival/Nature: +7, Athletics/Stealth: +6, Diplomacy: +5, Religion(U): +3, Thievery(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Zhamie pulls out a throwing knife. Sterilizing it with some wine, she approaches Garrace. "Stay still, mon ami. Zis may 'urt."

Risky Surgery: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Medicine, Treat Wounds: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Healing: 4d8 - 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 2) - 1 = 15

Garrace should be back at full

Horizon Hunters

Female CN Catfolk Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 29/30 | AC:19 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | Perception +5, low-light vision | Move 25 | Hero Points 1

Necco holds out a bleeding paw and makes a pathetic "Yowl" seeking aid for her injuries.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Duskwalker) Investigator (Wizard Dedication) 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +67 Ref +10 Will +9 / Quick Tincture 4/4 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Known weaknesses, resist negative damage 1, healing 1 hp/min

Nature. natural medicine: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Damage healed: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 7, 3, 7) = 22

The duskwalker moves to Necco: Show me this paw.

And he treats the wound with natural resources.


Spell Area Templates | ◆◇↺

Party Health:
Corelion (AC 20) (39/39 HP)
Garrace (AC 19) (30/30 HP)
Necco (AC 19) (30/30 HP)
Kerlok (AC 19) (48/48 HP)
Zhamie (AC 17) (32/32 HP)
Lendaru (AC 20) (38/38 HP)

After Kerlok and Zhamie treat their allies, they get moving back to the caravan. They enter a pristine clearing with one or two noteworthy natural landmarks. They learned that the location is the imprisoned kami’s ward, and the area hums with spiritual energy as it yearns for its rightful protector’s return, which is the kami they find to be in the omamori amulet in their possession. But before they can return the kami to its ward, they find an angry kitsune with them.

Tien:
"I, Dorobu, am the only one that can possess that kami's magic!"
he exclaims as he finds the omamori amulet is in their possession.
Tien:
"How dare that poracha stole it from me and give it to you?!"
the kitsune accuses them. The kitsune casts wild morph and magic fang to make his claws particularly ferocious, giving the agents time to also draw their weapons and shields that they have.

Following him are his minions of three angry foxes.

GM Screen:
Zhamie Zhapp's Initiative Using Search: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 = 22
Garrace's Initiative using Scout: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Lendaru's Initiative Using Evoid notice: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16
Necco Wafer's Initiative Using Stealth: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23
Kerlok Sholmes's Initiative Using Search: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19
Corelion's Initiative Using Search: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
Dorobu Kitsune, Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Blue, Brown, Black: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Brown advances and Pounces Necco!
Claws Attack vs Necco AC 19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Claws Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 slashing damage

Blue runs to them and Pounces Lendaru!
Claws Attack vs Lendaru AC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Black makes their way to the group and Pounces Garrace!
Claws Attack vs Garrace AC 19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Claws Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 slashing damage

Dorobu casts into himself a spell that makes him grow to size Large and Strides toward them.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
CONFRONTING THE VILLAIN Round 1
Terrain Features: Squares with trees are Difficult Terrain
Link: ENCOUNTER MAP

──────────
CHARACTER IN ➤ BOLD CAN ACT!
──────────
Dorobu (Red) (- HP) │ Clumsy 1, Reach is 10 ft, +2 status bonus to melee damage (from Enlarge spell in effect)
Blue (Tiny) (- HP)
Brown (Tiny) (- HP)
Black (Tiny) (- HP)

➤ Necco (AC 19) (29/30 HP)
➤ Zhamie (AC 17) (32/32 HP) │ Has +2 bonus to Lore checks and checks to Recall Knowledge, DC 5 flat check at the beginning of each encounter or be frightened 1 for the first round
➤ Kerlok (AC 19) (48/48 HP)
➤ Lendaru (AC 20) (38/38 HP)
➤ Corelion (AC 20) (39/39 HP) │ Has 5-ft bonus to Speed, –2 circumstance penalty to Perception checks
➤ Garrace (AC 19) (29/30 HP)

──────────
CONDITIONS & EFFECTS REFERENCE
──────────

Clumsy :
Your movements become clumsy and inexact. Clumsy always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to the condition value to Dexterity-based checks and DCs, including AC, Reflex saves, ranged attack rolls, and skill checks using Acrobatics, Stealth, and Thievery.

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human | Back-Alley Doctor | Investigator Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Active Investigation(s): True Name, Research | HP 32/32 | AC 17 | F/R/W: +7/+8/+10 | Perc +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Medicine(E): +10, Arcana/Crafting/Occultism/Society/Lore (PFS, Underworld): +9, Acrobatics(E): +8, Survival/Nature: +7, Athletics/Stealth: +6, Diplomacy: +5, Religion(U): +3, Thievery(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Frightening check: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Zhamie unlimbers her Jezail and determines the best way to deal with Dorobu. She also tries to determine whether Dorobu has any weaknesses. (RK +2 on whatever lore is used)

Devise: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Hits AC 30

Zhamie places her other hand on her Jezail to steady it before shooting Dorobu.

Concussive + Precision, Crit: 1d12 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + (4) = 16
Doubled to 32
Fatal: 1d12 ⇒ 9

41 damage total

"Kerlok! Bonk ze 'ead!! Bonk ze 'ead!!

Assuming I didn't just one-shot Dorobu, he is FF to Kerlok


◆ Interact to Draw
◇ Devise
◇ RK
◆ Interact to make weapon 2-handed
◆ BANG!

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Duskwalker) Investigator (Wizard Dedication) 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +9, AC 19, Fort +67 Ref +10 Will +9 / Quick Tincture 4/4 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Known weaknesses, resist negative damage 1, healing 1 hp/min

The duskwalker draws his bow and looks for an opportunity to shot Dorobu.

Devise a stratagem: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Devise a stratagem, hero point reroll: 1d20 ⇒ 16

As he seems have found a good spot he unleashes an arrow.

27 to hit

Damage, precision: 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6) + (3) = 12

And he fires once again.

+1 striking shortbow: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 5 = 15

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10


Spell Area Templates | ◆◇↺

Society to Recall Knowledge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19

Zhamie does not recall any weakness about Dorobu. Nevertheless, she finds a weak spot to shoot the angry kitsune, piercing him in the chest with a bullet. Dorobu is now angrier than ever. Dorobu takes 41 total damage.

Kerlok, Devise a Stratagem has a Fortune trait, and cannot be rerolled with Hero Point. I will use your original roll which is 11.

Kerlok looks for the weak spot on Dorobu and takes the chance to shoot an arrow at him, and he hits, thanks to Zhamie's shared stratagem. Another shot flies above the kitsune's head though. Dorobu takes 12 damage from Kerlok. The kitsune roars in pain.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
CONFRONTING THE VILLAIN Round 1
Terrain Features: Squares with trees are Difficult Terrain
Link: ENCOUNTER MAP

──────────
CHARACTER IN ➤ BOLD CAN ACT!
──────────
Dorobu (Red) (-53 HP) │ Clumsy 1, Reach is 10 ft, +2 status bonus to melee damage (from Enlarge spell in effect)
Blue (Tiny) (- HP)
Brown (Tiny) (- HP)
Black (Tiny) (- HP)
➤ Necco (AC 19) (29/30 HP)
Zhamie (AC 17) (32/32 HP) │ Has +2 bonus to Lore checks and checks to Recall Knowledge
Kerlok (AC 19) (48/48 HP)
➤ Lendaru (AC 20) (38/38 HP)
➤ Corelion (AC 20) (39/39 HP) │ Has 5-ft bonus to Speed, –2 circumstance penalty to Perception checks
➤ Garrace (AC 19) (29/30 HP)

──────────
CONDITIONS & EFFECTS REFERENCE
──────────

Clumsy :
Your movements become clumsy and inexact. Clumsy always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to the condition value to Dexterity-based checks and DCs, including AC, Reflex saves, ranged attack rolls, and skill checks using Acrobatics, Stealth, and Thievery.

Horizon Hunters

Female CN Catfolk Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 29/30 | AC:19 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | Perception +5, low-light vision | Move 25 | Hero Points 1

”These people!”

Necco feints with one set of claws.

Deception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

She then slashes twice with the other

Attack1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage1: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (3) = 7

Attack2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage2: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (6) = 11

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 3 / HP 38/38, Perc +5, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +7 / Active conditions:

The inventor tries the overdrive.

Crafting:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Then strikes twice the blue.

Greatpick:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Damage:1d10 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 4 = 10

Greatpick:1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 5 = 15

Damage:1d10 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 4 = 10

Grand Archive

(KOOR-el-ee-un) M Elf Spellsinger 3 | HP (39/39) | AC 20 | F +7 R +9 W +7 | Perception +7 (Lowlight) | Speed 30

Corelion casts gravity weapon, hunts Dorunu and takes a swing at the bluw fox.

Will attack different fox if blue is down.

halberd: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
slashing: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Vigilant Seal

Skills:
Athletics +9, Intimidation +6, Medicine +7, Religion +7, Survival +7, Undead Lore +7, Warfare Lore +5
Male Human LG Paladin 3| HP:44/44 | AC 20 (22 with shield raised) |Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +9 | Per: +7 | Hero Points: 1

Garrace draws his blade and slashes at the black fox that attacked him.
Interact; Strike x2
Melee longsword (versatile P) v black: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage (S): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Melee longsword (versatile P) v gray: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 5 = 12
Damage (S): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Spell Area Templates | ◆◇↺

Necco momentarily fools Brown, and her second clawing rips the fox. Brown is eliminated. Lendaru brings his weapon into Overdrive, lending it more power, piercing Blue in the head. Blue is eliminated. Corelion brings more power into his weapon and assigns Dorobu as his prey, he then hacks redirecting Black, cutting it into half. Black is eliminated.

Garrace, Brown, Blue, and Black are eliminated. You have your three actions back.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
CONFRONTING THE VILLAIN Round 1
Terrain Features: Squares with trees are Difficult Terrain
Link: ENCOUNTER MAP

──────────
CHARACTER IN ➤ BOLD CAN ACT!
──────────
Dorobu (Red) (-53 HP) │ Clumsy 1, Reach is 10 ft, +2 status bonus to melee damage (from Enlarge spell in effect) | Prey of Corelion
Necco (AC 19) (29/30 HP)
Zhamie (AC 17) (32/32 HP) │ Has +2 bonus to Lore checks and checks to Recall Knowledge
Kerlok (AC 19) (48/48 HP)
Lendaru (AC 20) (38/38 HP) │ Weapon in Crit Overdrive
Corelion (AC 20) (39/39 HP) │ Has 5-ft bonus to Speed, –2 circumstance penalty to Perception checks | Gravity Weapon
➤ Garrace (AC 19) (29/30 HP)

──────────
CONDITIONS & EFFECTS REFERENCE
──────────

Clumsy :
Your movements become clumsy and inexact. Clumsy always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to the condition value to Dexterity-based checks and DCs, including AC, Reflex saves, ranged attack rolls, and skill checks using Acrobatics, Stealth, and Thievery.

Vigilant Seal

Skills:
Athletics +9, Intimidation +6, Medicine +7, Religion +7, Survival +7, Undead Lore +7, Warfare Lore +5
Male Human LG Paladin 3| HP:44/44 | AC 20 (22 with shield raised) |Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +9 | Per: +7 | Hero Points: 1

Garrace draws his blade, raises his shield, then moves toward Dorobu.
Interact; Raise shield, Stride


Spell Area Templates | ◆◇↺

Garrace prepares and advances to the villain. Dorobu meets him and slashes Garrace with his claws one after another!
+1 striking wild claws attack vs Garrace AC 21: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9 slashing damage

+1 striking wild claws attack vs Garrace AC 21, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 18 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 18 - 4 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 13 slashing damage

@Garrace, tell me if you would like to Shield Block any of the damage.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
CONFRONTING THE VILLAIN Round 2
Terrain Features: Squares with trees are Difficult Terrain
Link: ENCOUNTER MAP

──────────
CHARACTER IN ➤ BOLD CAN ACT!
──────────
Dorobu (Red) (-53 HP) │ Clumsy 1, Reach is 10 ft, +2 status bonus to melee damage (from Enlarge spell in effect) | Prey of Corelion
➤ Necco (AC 19) (29/30 HP)
➤ Zhamie (AC 17) (32/32 HP) │ Has +2 bonus to Lore checks and checks to Recall Knowledge
➤ Kerlok (AC 19) (48/48 HP)
➤ Lendaru (AC 20) (38/38 HP) │ Weapon in Crit Overdrive
➤ Corelion (AC 20) (39/39 HP) │ Has 5-ft bonus to Speed, –2 circumstance penalty to Perception checks | Gravity Weapon
➤ Garrace (AC 19) (29/30 HP) │ pending 22 damage

──────────
CONDITIONS & EFFECTS REFERENCE
──────────

Clumsy :
Your movements become clumsy and inexact. Clumsy always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to the condition value to Dexterity-based checks and DCs, including AC, Reflex saves, ranged attack rolls, and skill checks using Acrobatics, Stealth, and Thievery.

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human | Back-Alley Doctor | Investigator Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Active Investigation(s): True Name, Research | HP 32/32 | AC 17 | F/R/W: +7/+8/+10 | Perc +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | Medicine(E): +10, Arcana/Crafting/Occultism/Society/Lore (PFS, Underworld): +9, Acrobatics(E): +8, Survival/Nature: +7, Athletics/Stealth: +6, Diplomacy: +5, Religion(U): +3, Thievery(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Zhamie drops one hand and reloads her weapon. She again attempts to get an angle on Dorobu.

Devise: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Hits AC 25

She shoots Dorobu, hoping the shot hit.

Concussive, Precision?: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + (6) = 13

If the shot hit:

"Garrace, bonk ze 'ead! Bonk ze 'ead!"

Dorobu will be FF to Garrace


◆◆ Interact (Drop hand, Reload)
◇ Devise
◆ BANG!

Grand Archive

(KOOR-el-ee-un) M Elf Spellsinger 3 | HP (39/39) | AC 20 | F +7 R +9 W +7 | Perception +7 (Lowlight) | Speed 30

Corelion circles around into the brush and attacks Dorubu.

halberd vs Dorubu FF: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
slashing: 1d10 + 6 + 1d8 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (4) = 18

Then Corelion takes advantage of his elven grace to chase down the final bandit.

101 to 150 of 162 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Frost's S01-06 Lost on the Spirit Road [PbP Outpost VI] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.