GM Chadius: 1-23 - The Star Crossed Court (Inactive)

Game Master chadius

>Slides<

>RPG Chronicles Sign Up<


201 to 211 of 211 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

2-00 (Thread | Slides)

Your previous skill checks:
Dran'Tilt Society, Occultism, Occultism
Pre Fix Mercantile Lore, Diplomacy, Intimidation
Eddie Society, Nature, Intimidation
Rysk Legal Lore, Nature, Society
Radim Society, Occultism, Warfare Lore
Samantha Deception, Nature, Intimidation

Repeating the same skill in any previous topic increases the DC by 1. So if you use Diplomacy 5 times The DC will increase by +0, +1, +2, +3 and +4.

You can drink or buff as much as you want to before answering each topic. The iruxi do not care.

Rysk, Radim, Samantha get a +4 bonus on a single Deception, Diplomacy, or Intimidation check made against an iruxi until the end of this scenario.

From Captain Benarry's stash, you still have 1 >moderate cognitive mutagen< and 2 >moderate silvertongue mutagen< elixirs.

Grand Archive

F Iruxi Fighter 6 | HP (86/86) | AC 24 | F +13 R +10 (+3 vs Damage) W +13 | Perception +14 | HP(2)

Samantha notes "Many things. They don't need to be exclusive, they just need to be more efficient there. There are some drier weather crops from their desert highlands, some tasty and others medicinal."

Nature: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 1 = 22

Samantha once again raises her profile and voice as she drinks the other silvertongue mutagen.

"As for Droon, one cannot live their life in fear. The way to not be under threat from another country is not to cow to their whims but instead of prove your strength and value."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 - 1 + 2 = 33

1 Cognative Mutagen remaining.

Grand Archive

LN male ysoki investigator 5 | ◆◇↺ ♥️ 56/56 | AC 21 | F +11 R +12 W +13 | Perc +13 (darkvision) | Hero Points -/3 | Spd 25ft. |

"You are self-sufficient for now, but what about the next generation or even next year. Droughts happen, mines become depleted, a forest burns, and then what? The law of supply and demand takes over. You'll pay a premium then for what you could have obtained at a reasonable price now."

Mercantile Lore: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"If you fear Droon, yet shirk from alliances, you only feed that fear. In a matter of time you will come little more than a vassal-state of the Empire. Forging alliances is tantamount to forging one's identity as a free and independent people. That's why this alliance is as good for you as it is for Vidrian."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 4 = 27

Grand Archive

m N human Ranger 5 | HP 71/71 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W+11 | Perc +11 | Speed 30' | Hero 0/3 | Focus 1/1

1) Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
2) Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 - last heropoint
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 4 = 26 (used +4 bonus with iruxi)

Radim, nodding to the words of Rysk, comes to the problems from the other side. He consistently describes which products, typical for northern Avistan, can be obtained from such a trade alliance and which simply cannot be obtained otherwise.

Vigilant Seal

Gunslinger 5 / HP 65/65, Perc +11, AC 23, Fort +11 Ref +13 Will +11 / Alchemist's fire 2/2, Ghost charge 4/4, Bottle lightnening 2/2, Blight 2/2 / Active conditions: Darkvision, resist negative damage 1, Sonic 3

The dwarf tries simply to show to the would be ambassadors that they are part of the same world, of the same society and that they have to live together. And that’s a dwarf from Alkenstar who tells it to you.

Society: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 1 = 15

Society: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 2 = 9

Society, reroll: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 2 = 17

Verdant Wheel

N Fungus Leshy | Leaf Druid 3 | Fire Resist 2 HP 38/38 | AC18 | F +9 R +7 W +11 | Perc +11 | Shield: Hardness 3; 12/12 HP Speed: 30 | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

While everyone else lays out the factions and the reasoning, Eddie tries to keep the audience in an agreeable mindset to even hear the arguments instead of just ignoring them. "Yes, we are all on the same side here. The side of helping people!"

Diplomacy, Bump, Badge: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 27

They continue this same tact during the last argument. "Why don't we take a moment for some water and snacks yes?"

Diplomacy, Bump, Badge, Repeat: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 29

I know its likely to not have a functional benefit to the situation, but Eddie uses group impression - 4 individuals. I can just see them shuffling around the room like a host, filling drinks and offering up snacks or more comfortable chairs to keep everyone positive.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Goblin Oracle (Flames) (Bard Dedication) 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +6, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +11 Will +8 / Spells 1st 3/3 2d 3/3, Focus 2/2 / Active conditions: Darkvision, unbreakable, Burn it!, Resist negativ damage 1

The goblin mentions arguments.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

The goblin mentions arguments again.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
2-00 (Thread | Slides)

What do you have that we want?

Rysk wrote:
"You are self-sufficient for now, but what about the next generation or even next year. Droughts happen, mines become depleted, a forest burns, and then what? The law of supply and demand takes over. You'll pay a premium then for what you could have obtained at a reasonable price now."

Jekka nods and turns to the crowd, prompting a wave of hurried whispers. Shulkuru keeps quiet and sits down, unable to think up an adequate response. Success

We trade with Droon

Samantha wrote:
"As for Droon, one cannot live their life in fear. The way to not be under threat from another country is not to cow to their whims but instead of prove your strength and value."

Inishish grins as the audience reels back in awe of Samantha's bravado. "Well said. Droon relies on many of our crops and see them as a fine delicacy. They know they do not have a monopoly and cannot demand who we trade with. If Vidrian displays the will and bravery you are showing, I think we will enjoy the competition!" It's not clear if Inishish prompted this response or if they are rolling with it. Success

The conversations come to an end, and the iruxi councilors stand. "Excuse us while we begin deliberations on finalizing the deal. Please be patient with us." They move to a room underground before the captain of the guard closes the door and stands nearby.

"Well, that went well." Mirian Raas kicks her feet up on the table and leans back, earning a shocked look from Eras. Calisro seems more offended she didn't think of the idea first and follows suit.

After an hour or so, Captain Hazar looks down at the door and shouts out. "Attention: The council have returned. Please be seated!" He opens the door and the council members emerge, returning to their seats.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
2-00 (Thread | Slides)

4 out of 5 Successes.

Inishish looks around the delegation. "After deliberation, we have decided your terms are very fair. The Council of Ekkeshikaar will ratify the agreement as it is written. We hope to learn more from Vidrian, and we hope this is the first of many steps to prosperity."

Casilro Benarry pulls out a victory flask. You wonder if it would have been a consolation flask if negotiations didn't go well, or there was a storm, or if it were Tuesday. "A toast to a job well done!" She takes the first drink before pulling out a few shot glasses. "Time to party. Good job, everyone."

"Good news, everyone!" Lashweather butts in and takes a shot without asking. "Oooh, minty. Where was I? Oh yes. Bouldstrom admitted the Cho'ataan may have spoken to me wisely. Now, I may be able to harness enough astrological energy to empower a legion of superiruxi, capable of conquering any other team in a game of Exuto. It's good timing, as the Globetrotters may return any day now! I could use some volunteers to practice my Cho'ataan granted abilities upon." He grins in your direction...

The End

Thanks for playing, everyone. Any plans for your characters in Ekkeshikaar?

Grand Archive

F Iruxi Fighter 6 | HP (86/86) | AC 24 | F +13 R +10 (+3 vs Damage) W +13 | Perception +14 | HP(2)

Going to go watch some Dino rodeo before returning to Absalom.

Verdant Wheel

N Fungus Leshy | Leaf Druid 3 | Fire Resist 2 HP 38/38 | AC18 | F +9 R +7 W +11 | Perc +11 | Shield: Hardness 3; 12/12 HP Speed: 30 | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

"Oh no Mr Lashweather. My cap is still bruised from the last rides in Exuto, but I would like to compost their manure before I go. I like to enjoy the local food when I travel." Eddie pulls out a handful of something brown and entirely too upsetting to be food for anything other than a fungus.

201 to 211 of 211 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chadius: 1-23 - The Star Crossed Court (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.