GM Bret’s Outpost VI: Gallows of Madness! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Maps and Handouts
Town Map, Legend and Player Notes
RPGChronicles sign in


351 to 400 of 629 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34

Does Cracking John have a Wand of CLW? If so Gaius will use it; if not, he'll use a charge from his own.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


I don’t think either of the first level characters has a wand of CLW

Gaius uses his wand to heal the small wound that John took. Everyone is in good health.

Liberty's Edge

CN male half-orc unchained barbarian (invulnerable rager) 3 | AC 17 (touch 12, flat-footed 15) AC w/rage 15 (10 touch, 13 ff)| HP: 29/29| DR 1/—, 2/lethal | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3| Speed 40 ft. (30 ft. in armor) | Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2; Sense Motive +9 | Rage: 4/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +9, Intimidate +7, Survival +7

John has no wands.

"Much obliged," John says in gratitude to Gaius. "This way."
The half-orc points out the trail ahead.

Liberty's Edge

he/him Half-Orc Slayer 5 | AC18 T 14 FF 14| HP 36/50 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc. +8

Azalmak follows John along the trail. As it ends, he looks around the area for any other clues or indication of what happened.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Spoiler:

Cracking John: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Gaius Marius: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Azalmak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Furen: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Mallycorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Relgar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Unfortunately the trail ends at the cobblestone streets of the town. This makes further tracking impractical.

Looking around the area, none of you find any clues in the area.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 4 Init +0 Hp 35/35 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+6 Ref+1 Will+7 Per+3 Spd 20 Channel 7/7

Survival, Improvisationn: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20

Mallycorn tries to find a pattern in the cobbles, or any clues around indeed


With the hard ground of the cobblestone and the tracks you did follow across the soft ground of the forest being more than a day old, Mallycorn is not surprised that they can not find any trace of tracks in the street.

Hint: Tracking through the streets is not going to work.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar picks up the masterwork sap but does not keep it for himself.

"I guess this could be handy if you wanted to knock someone out. It is a little too big for me."

This item is added to the party treasure hoard but Relgar will not claim it.

"I suggest we continue on with our leads. Something will have to stick eventually."

"Two more to go. How about visiting the cobbler?"

Liberty's Edge

he/him Half-Orc Slayer 5 | AC18 T 14 FF 14| HP 36/50 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc. +8

"Yes, the cobbler. Let's hurry. We were lucky to catch the demon bile twice before it spread more widely, but we shouldn't press that luck."


Your group goes east along the street to the cobbler’s shop, Dependable Drummady's.

A human woman is at a workbench behind the counter. She is in the midst of repairing an old pair of boots. She looks up and waves a greeting at you as you enter. She finished with the nail she was pounding into the boot, spits other nails she was holding in her mouth out and sets them aside.

Are you looking for new footwear? I have the sturdiest you will find in town!

Gesturing back towards her workbench, she adds “Don’t have time for idle chit-chat.

Perception or Sense Motive may give you information.
Diplomacy or similar skill to get her answering questions.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar has a quick look around before turning on the charm.

I am assuming that this is what the check is for but if it is simply to observe the reactions of the cobbler then please apply this roll to that check.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Diplomacy 20 on a take 10.

"It is obvious that you take great price in your work. It really shows."

"We are on a mission for the mayor. We are not really at liberty to talk about the details but we are looking for a person who might be wearing yellow foot wear. That would be a little unusual in a town like this."


Relgar gets the impression that the cobbler is worried about something and using her work to distract herself from those worries.

I am going to assume you meant great pride rather than price.

Frowning, she mutters “The mayor sent you?” then shrugs and goes on.

First thing that comes to mind is the pair of boots my son Pavolus made as a gift for his friend Gellion. There was also a set of boots made for an adventurer, would need to check my records for their name. Brought in the hide to make them from, said she had killed the creature herself. It was some sort of snake or reptile hide.

I can check my records to see what the adventurer’s name was, although I suspect they left town about a month ago. I would also have to check my records for any other footwear. How far back would you want me to check?

Silver Crusade

Female Undine Varisian Pilgrim Cleric 5

Diplomacy aid, if it's not too late: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
"Just the pass few weeks should be fine, right guys?"Furen look to her teammate for confirmaton, hopefully someone remember when the kids went missing.

Sorry for the late post, it is final + graduation season for me

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34
Furen E Lustario wrote:

[dice=Diplomacy aid, if it's not too late]1d20+9

"Just the pass few weeks should be fine, right guys?"Furen look to her teammate for confirmaton, hopefully someone remember when the kids went missing.

Sorry for the late post, it is final + graduation season for me

"Yes since the adventurer left a month ago only back to that point should help. Do you know where Pavolus and Gellion like to spend time?"

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar nods at Gailus' question thinking that he is on the right track.


Drummady nods in understanding on only needing to go a month back.

She looks a little perplexed and somewhat concerned when you ask where Pavolus and Gellion hang out. “Why do you care where some kids hang out? Are my kids Pavolus and Betrona in some sort of trouble? Do you know where they are?

Liberty's Edge

he/him Half-Orc Slayer 5 | AC18 T 14 FF 14| HP 36/50 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc. +8

"We doen't know where they are, no. But, while we're here, if we can keep an eye out for them, why wouldn't we?"

Silver Crusade

Female Undine Varisian Pilgrim Cleric 5

"We're friends of the major and we are here so that they won't be in some sort of trouble."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34
GM Bret wrote:

Drummady nods in understanding on only needing to go a month back.

She looks a little perplexed and somewhat concerned when you ask where Pavolus and Gellion hang out. “Why do you care where some kids hang out? Are my kids Pavolus and Betrona in some sort of trouble? Do you know where they are?

"Not to be brusque but I do not know where they are which is why I asked if you knew where they liked to hang out. I was hoping to ask Gellion about the yellow footwear since he's likely the only one whose received a pair that we can speak with at this time."


They would often gather at the Witch’s End Tavern. Gellion is very charismatic and often would come up with some sort of plan for the group.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar nods agreeing with the cobbler.

"That makes sense."

"Find out the name of the adventurer in question and then we have another lead to follow."

We should head to the haberdasher next and then circle back to the tavern.


Drummady goes behind the counter and gets a book out from under it. She quickly reviews the entries. “Yes, here it is! She said her name was Amiri.

Liberty's Edge

he/him Half-Orc Slayer 5 | AC18 T 14 FF 14| HP 36/50 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc. +8

"She didn't happen to say what she was doing here, did she? Do you know anything about her?"


I didn’t pry. She came into my shop to get boots made.

Is the group going to the haberdashery now?

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar looks around at the others.

"I don't think we are going to find anyone if we stay here."

"Thanks for your help."

Sounds like a plan. Let us keep the game moving.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34

Gaius makes note of the name 'Amiri' in his journal. He thanks Drummady for her time and effort.
When the group leaves he tells the others, "Interesting that Betrona is also Drummady's child."


Petrello's Haberdashery isn’t far from the cobbler’s shop. You have no trouble finding it.

When you enter, the place is a mess. Half the hats are not properly set on their stands, some of the coats are not hung up, and various items are scattered on the counters.

A human male greats you rather gruffly. “Welcome to Petrello’s Haberdashery, I am Petrello. What do you need?” The man looks like he might be short on sleep.

Diplomacy check, he doesn’t seem friendly.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 4 Init +0 Hp 35/35 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+6 Ref+1 Will+7 Per+3 Spd 20 Channel 7/7

Diplo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

I was hoping we could buy a few bunches of clothes to give to the local priest. I'm sure he would appreciate the gesture, and find families in need. But you look quite pale and tired, are you sure you feel all right? You look like you could use a few hours of sleep. Don't you have someone to help you, an apprentice who could keep the shop open while you rest?


You came here for clothing to give away?” He is surprised and shakes his head but starts listing off prices for various items. You quickly realize he doesn’t have any cheap clothing. Even though you expressed interest in buying from him, he doesn’t seem very friendly.

Cheapest stuff would be some clothing that would qualify as entertainer’s outfits. Most is at the level of courtier’s outfits. Also has the jewelry to go with courtier’s outfits.

It’s that apothecary boy’s fault. He’s a bad influence, that one! He’s the reason my apprentice is missing!

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar turns on the charm.

20 Diplomacy on a take 10.

"I am sure that we can help you out. Then you can get some help with your store and perhaps you can get some rest."

"Anything that you can tell us about where your apprentice might be or with whom?"


The shop owner doesn’t seem any more friendly towards Relgar than he did towards Mallycorn.

I told Betrona and now I’m telling you. That kid from the apothecary is nothing but trouble! If you want to help, buy something or find him.

Yes, a 20 is a failure on some of the checks in this module.

Liberty's Edge

CN male half-orc unchained barbarian (invulnerable rager) 3 | AC 17 (touch 12, flat-footed 15) AC w/rage 15 (10 touch, 13 ff)| HP: 29/29| DR 1/—, 2/lethal | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3| Speed 40 ft. (30 ft. in armor) | Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2; Sense Motive +9 | Rage: 4/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +9, Intimidate +7, Survival +7

"We are trying to be helpful..." John notes.

Aid Diplomacy to the next roll: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Liberty's Edge

he/him Half-Orc Slayer 5 | AC18 T 14 FF 14| HP 36/50 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc. +8

With a -1 Azalmak has no chance for diplomacy

Silver Crusade

Female Undine Varisian Pilgrim Cleric 5

Diplo Aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


So I guess we wait to see if Gaius can make the check.
It isn’t critical if you fail. You still have things you can do.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34
Azalmak wrote:
With a -1 Azalmak has no chance for diplomacy

All it takes is a 10 to Aid a Diplomacy check so Azalmak only needs an 11. Ever +2 counts. Gaius also has a -1 and I'm going to give it a shot.

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

"If you could give us any information about the 'apothecary boy', it would make it easier to find him. We just want to help out."

#2: Are we actually buying clothes to donate or not? If so how much are we buying? And if we're aiding a future Diplomacy attempt, we'll go with Relgar since he can hit 20 on a take 10 and he now has at least 3 successful Aids for a 26.


Relgar already attempted a Diplomacy check to impress this person and failed.

None of you find a way to make Petrello friendly towards you. He is willing to sell you fine clothing but doesn’t tell you anything related to the apprentices other than that he is sure the boy from the apothecary is responsible. He refuses to use their name.

In the future you may want to plan out your skill checks better. I allow people to speak and then later the person with the best modifier puts it in ‘pretty words’, but once rolled the skill check is done.
Also for the future you might want to review Slide 5 and the initial conversation with the mayor as well.


Where to now?

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

"Alright how about going back to the apothecary?"

"I have a couple of questions I would like to ask her."

In regards to the demon bile. :)

@GM Bret - Failure is a part of the game. We need to move on. Clearly this man must have grave issues if he cannot accept how great Relgar truly is. :)

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34
GM Bret wrote:


In the future you may want to plan out your skill checks better. I allow people to speak and then later the person with the best modifier puts it in ‘pretty words’, but once rolled the skill check is done.
Also for the future you might want to review Slide 5 and the initial conversation with the mayor as well.

Planning skill checks in PbP is difficult unless people decide to plan first, then do the check. I remember the Mayor's letter but that seems like a 'Break glass in case of emergency' since the Mayor wanted this kept quiet.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

If we get stuck we can always come back with the letter or maybe even the mayor herself. For now we should just roll on. :)

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34
GM Bret wrote:
Where to now?

Back to Pricknettle's Potions and Poultices. Relgar wants to go and Majara Pricknettle is probably the only NPC willing to talk with the PCs about the demon bile. Plus she didn't mention Gellion is the leader of the apprentices. I'm still curious about the two apprentices being brother and sister but that can wait.

"Indeed Relgar, Majara might be of help in our current dilemma."
Gaius chooses his words carefully to avoid glares from the locals.


You return to Pricknettle's Potions and Poultices. As you enter Majara Pricknettle looks up from what she is doing. “Hello again, one moment while I finish with this mixture.

She finishes her measurements and pours a blue powder into the mortar she is mixing things in. She covers the mortar and comes out to meet you.

Do you have any word on Gellion? Did you talk to the priest?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34

Wall of Text warning:

"Yes we spoke to Father Ruvarra. Before we continue we must have your word you won't discuss this matter with anyone else. We don't want to start a panic or have the townspeople blame or accuse anyone of anything. Agreed?"

@GM: I'm assuming Majara will agree. If she does not agree then please disregard the rest of the post. Trying to expedite things since it's PbP.

"Father Ruvarra told us that his apprentice, and adopted daughter, Nolaria was last seen in the nearby graveyard with her pet raven Blackfeather. He also said the Nolaria would often meet Gellion there. So we decided to search the graveyard. What we found there was most disconcerting. First we found, and were attacked by, giant ants. But these weren't regular giant ants; they had some sort of infection from this"

Gaius will have whomever is carrying the Demon Bile show (and give?) it to Majara.

"The substance is Demon Bile. It's both a biological substance that will grow and it's an abyssal disease that corrupts creatures that ingest it. It attracts all kinds of vermin and causes them to grow gigantic. So it would appear this is the source of the reported giant insects in the area. While searching the graveyard after the battle we found even more unsettling evidence. Signs of a struggle between two humanoid creatures and then one of them carrying off the other since only one set of tracks left the struggle. On the ground nearby we found a pouch with some items, a cold iron morningstar, and a rather insistent raven - Blackfeather. We tried communicating with Blackfeather and he kept repeating, 'Yellowfoot, get Yellowfoot!' We returned to Father Ruvarra and he was very worried. Nolaria rarely leaves Blackfeather alone and that the cold iron morningstar we found was a gift from him to her. We mentioned Blackfeather talking about 'Yellowfoot' and Father Ruvarra said Gellion had yellow footwear. The next day we spoke with Gunty, the baker, and his apprentice Noemi is also missing. He thinks she's sulking after he lectured her for burning some buns. Gunty speculated that the 'no good kids' were in the orchard plotting retaliation and also mention buzzing noises and flickering lights in the orchard. So we went to search there next and John found signs of another struggle between two humanoid creatures and one carried off the other. In this case the loser of the struggle was a large person which sounds very much like Morvinarr Albusin – Alcie's apprentice at the Witch's End Tavern. Unfortunately we also found two more similarities to the graveyard: more Demon Bile and more giant vermin – fiendish fire beetles this time. We also found a finely crafted sap on the ground. The tracks from the winner of the struggle between the two humanoids ended at the south end of the orchard. Following up on the 'yellow footwear' lead we spoke with Drummady the Cobbler. She told us that not only is Pavolus her apprentice, he's her son. When we asked about 'Yellowfoot' Drummady told us that Pavolus made a pair of yellow boots for his friend – Gellion. The material is unique to Saringallow; an adventurer named Amiri came through a month ago with the hide of a snake or reptile and wanted a pair of boots made from it. She took that pair with her when she left leaving only Gellion as the other person with yellow boots. Drummady also revealed that Betrona, Petrellano's apprentice, is her daughter. Drummady said that Gellion is very charismatic and would often 'come up with a plan for the group.' When we spoke with Petrellano he squarely blamed 'that kid from the apothecary' and that Gellion is 'nothing but trouble' and a 'bad influence.' So at least those two seem to think Gellion, and not Nolaria, is the leader of the group. Alcie gave us this note"

Gaius will present the note Alcie gave the group to Majara

"that she found after Morvinarr left. Does the handwriting look familiar? Alcie seems to agree with you that Nolaria is the ringleader of the group. But, from the orchard, it looks like whomever lured Morvinarr to the orchard was large and strong enough to not only physically overpower him but to then be able to carry him somewhere else which makes it unlikely to be one of the girls. Since Gellion is your apprentice Majara, you know him better than most. Where would he be? Where does he live, with you or somewhere else? Is there anywhere or anyone else he would confide in? Something troubling is afoot and the more time it takes to find the kids, the less likely we are to find them safe. Please help us."

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar's eyes simply glaze over as the loquacious Gaius drones on.

I have no issue with the descriptive post. Just RP from Relgar. :)


Honestly, I thought he did a very good job of covering what you had discovered.

Majara hesitates when asked not to repeat anything. She says in a nervous tone “Um…all I was asking about was your conversation with the priest and if you had found my apprentice. How is that going to cause a panic?

Frowning for a moment, she then says “I’ll promise if you will promise to tell Mayor Trinelli if it really is that bad!

I’m just going to assume that you can take unsubtle GM hints and agree to the counter proposal.

Gaius begins telling what the group has found. She is nodding along until you get out the Demon Bile and show it to her. She is quite startled by that.

Interrupting Gaius, she says “Mind if I do a test on that myself?” She takes the container back behind the counter and sets up some metal strips and some liquids before opening the container. She then very carefully uses a swap to dap bits of the Demon Bile on each of the strips. She then washes the swab.

While still staring at the strips of metal, she gestures and says “Continue…I can listen and watch this at the same time.

About the time Gaius is getting to the note, she starts washing off all of the materials she used, being careful to never come in contact with any of the exposed surfaces. She closes the jar and then washes her hands.

Yes, you are correct. It is Demon Bile. I do hope you took care when handling it!

She then looks at the note. Frowning, she says “It does look sort of like Gellion’s writing, but much sloppier. I taught him to be much neater with cleaner lines than this.

Since you made me promise not to tell anyone of this, think it is time for me to temporarily close up shop and all of us to visit the mayor! The bleaching won’t get me today!

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar smiles as Majara volunteers to join them.

"Indeed. A bit of adventure is good for the soul. I am pretty sure that there is more to this gnome then she is letting on."

It was a good summary. It was just long. :)


True to her word, Majara puts up a closed sign and the group of you head to the mayor’s office.

No need to repeat Gaius’s summary, we will just reference it.

There you present your case and Majara confirms that the substance is Demon Bile. She suggest to the mayor that guards search the town for any more signs of it and that either she or Father Ruvarra be called in to clear it out. She talks about how a single handprint of the stuff can slowly grow and become a menace if not properly destroyed. “I believe that the townsfolk would have confidence that either of us know what we are doing.

Feel free to jump in with your own comments and suggestions.

Liberty's Edge

he/him Half-Orc Slayer 5 | AC18 T 14 FF 14| HP 36/50 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc. +8

"That will surely garner the attention of the rest of the town, but it must be dealt with swiftly." Azalmak looks to the mayor, "Are you sure the guards are able to deal with any creatures that have come in contact with the bile? We were about to look into the Witch's End Tavern, but perhaps you need our help with this task first?"


Mayor Trinelli says “Describe your battle with the insects, including any tactics that we might need to employ.

351 to 400 of 629 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost VI: Gallows of Madness! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.