GM Bret’s Outpost VI: Gallows of Madness! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Maps and Handouts
Town Map, Legend and Player Notes
RPGChronicles sign in


151 to 200 of 629 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Looking to Relgar, she asks “Do what you can to find Gellion. He is a good boy, just had all sorts of bad ideas put in his head by that girl.

She nods when Gaius repeats the part about several days. “This is the first time he has been missing for that long. I did contact the mayor, but I don’t know if she is doing anything about it.

When Gaius asks about potions, she says “I’m sorry, but that is an arcane magic rather than alchemy. You are from out of town, so you may not know. People around here get really nervous when anyone speaks of that sort of magic.

With a bit of trepidation in her voice, she adds “The lynching sort of nervous.

Father Ruvarra hopefully knows where Nolaria took Gellion off to. You should be able to find him at the temple. That is most likely the only place you could find any potions as well.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar's face tightens at the mentions of lynching.

"Nobody messes with my people. Most gnomes can do some magic without even trying!"

"Let me know if anyone hassles you and I will set them straight."

"As for your apprentice we will find him if we can. Boys do dumb things around girls all the time. That is never going to change."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34
GM Bret wrote:

She frowns slightly at the first question then says “We have some vermin repellent right here!” going over to one of the shelves and pointing up. The shelf with the repellent is slightly higher than she can reach.

As for the shop, I am the owner. I do have an apprentice, but he hasn’t shown up for work in several days. I suspect that girl Nolaria Wintren might have something to do with it!

You did need the diplomacy for her to answer about the apprentice.

** spoiler omitted **

"Where are my manners? Allow me to help you with that vermin repellent..."

Gaius will reach up to the shelf and grab the item for Majara.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34
GM Bret wrote:

Looking to Relgar, she asks “Do what you can to find Gellion. He is a good boy, just had all sorts of bad ideas put in his head by that girl.

She nods when Gaius repeats the part about several days. “This is the first time he has been missing for that long. I did contact the mayor, but I don’t know if she is doing anything about it.

When Gaius asks about potions, she says “I’m sorry, but that is an arcane magic rather than alchemy. You are from out of town, so you may not know. People around here get really nervous when anyone speaks of that sort of magic.

With a bit of trepidation in her voice, she adds “The lynching sort of nervous.

Father Ruvarra hopefully knows where Nolaria took Gellion off to. You should be able to find him at the temple. That is most likely the only place you could find any potions as well.

"We've seen a bit of that 'nervous' reaction at the mention of magic. Is there any kind of magic that is acceptable here? And are there any other subjects best not mentioned?"


Majara smiles when Relgar promises to find her apprentice.

She thanks Gaius for getting down a pot of vermin repellent then turns to Mallycorn and says “Five gold per pot.” holding the pot out towards him.

In response to Gaius’s question about types of magic she says “The magic of the good gods is welcome. I don’t think there has been any trouble with wild magic, like that which druids manipulate.” When she said it, she stressed the word good in relation to the gods.

Some of you find that strange, considering that the state religion should be Asmodeus. Isger is supposed to be ruled by Cheliax.

Originally a few people thought that the alchemy I do was linked to magic. I was able to demonstrate how I made my wares, and then things settled down.

Looking towards Relgar she adds “Even if I could draw on the powers of the first world, I wouldn’t do it here.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34

"Good idea Mally..."

"I'd like to purchase one of these as well. Would you have something to curb sickness and nausea?"

Remembering his queasy feeling after their jaunt through the portal, Gaius is keen to avoid that feeling again.

"Thankfully for me the deity I follow is a good deity. As for us we will definitely go see Father Ruvarra and ask if he knows where Nolaria and Gellion are."


She gladly sells the vermin repellent to any who want some.

Fetching a bottle of thick blue liquid, she tells Gaius “I have some soothe syrup, that settles the tummy. Otherwise I do have antiplague to help resist an illness.

She quotes the regular prices of 25 gp and 50 gp for the alchemical remedies.

Silver Crusade

Female Undine Varisian Pilgrim Cleric 5

Furen will hand her 5 gold pieces and purchase vermin repellent
"Here you go"
Seems like Father Ruvarra is our next lead here

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34

Gaius is looking for Wismuth Salix.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34
Furen E Lustario wrote:

Furen will hand her 5 gold pieces and purchase vermin repellent

"Here you go"
Seems like Father Ruvarra is our next lead here

It does. Hopefully the good Father can identify the author of the note from Alcie.


Majara sells Furen the repellent.

When asked about wismuth salix, Majara says “I should have some of that in back. One moment!

She strides behind the curtain and returns a few moments later with the requested item which she sells to Gaius at the standard price.

Gaius Marius wrote:
Hopefully the good Father can identify the author of the note from Alcie.

Only NPC who has seen the note since you received it is Alcie.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 4 Init +0 Hp 35/35 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+6 Ref+1 Will+7 Per+3 Spd 20 Channel 7/7

Mallycorn pays for the vermin repellent

Thanks.I've heard that the town has seen more bugs than usual, so I prefer to get some protection agaisnt their bites. Have you seen anything unusual yourself?

Diplo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


I had heard about some sort of huge flying bugs that had been seen at night. The person who told me this admitted they saw them after a night drinking at the Witch’s End.

She gives a shrug, then says “I thought it was most likely a hallucination, but decided to make up a new batch of the repellent just in case. It keeps well enough.

Have you seen them?

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

"We have heard rumours of them as well. Still better safe than sorry."

Relgar purchases a container of Vermin repellent as well. The gnome sniffs it and makes a face,

"This smell awful but if I am desperate enough then maybe."


Adding anything to change the scent would compromise the effectiveness of the repellent.

Liberty's Edge

CN male half-orc unchained barbarian (invulnerable rager) 3 | AC 17 (touch 12, flat-footed 15) AC w/rage 15 (10 touch, 13 ff)| HP: 29/29| DR 1/—, 2/lethal | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3| Speed 40 ft. (30 ft. in armor) | Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2; Sense Motive +9 | Rage: 4/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +9, Intimidate +7, Survival +7
GM Bret wrote:
I had heard about some sort of huge flying bugs that had been seen at night. The person who told me this admitted they saw them after a night drinking at the Witch’s End.

"We too must undoubtedly engage in a night of drinking if we hope to spy these huge flying bugs!" John grins playfully.

"If such is a danger with drink in this town, then I shall make purchase of some vermin repellant as well!" he continues in similar fashion, after parting with five gold pieces. "I'd eye any antitoxin you have on hand as well, though I fear the price is likely too steep. Were I to purchase an antitoxin for fifty gold pieces, I'd not have sufficient coin to drink well into the night. And I cannot drink well into the night, then how shall I encounter these bugs? And I am not to encounter these bugs, then what need have I for antitoxin?"

He pauses for a moment, then says to Majara, "You see my dilemma, then? Do you not?" John assumes a more pensive posture, then inquires, "You do not happen to sell on credit, do you?"


"Cracking" John wrote:
He pauses for a moment, then says to Majara, "You see my dilemma, then? Do you not?" John assumes a more pensive posture, then inquires, "You do not happen to sell on credit, do you?"

Majara laughs at the suggestion. She says “Sorry, but I want to stay in business. Giving away product in exchange for a vague promise is not good business.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 4 Init +0 Hp 35/35 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+6 Ref+1 Will+7 Per+3 Spd 20 Channel 7/7

If you plan to drink to much, maybe you should ask the lady for some special potion for the morning after, the aptly named "Alchemist kindness", if my memory serves well?

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Undine Varisian Pilgrim Cleric 5

Furen will step in and purchase 2 antitoxin, (My other character just paid a heavy price of not having one) and give one to John. "Here you go. Saved your coin for the drinks.*wink Priority!"

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN male half-orc unchained barbarian (invulnerable rager) 3 | AC 17 (touch 12, flat-footed 15) AC w/rage 15 (10 touch, 13 ff)| HP: 29/29| DR 1/—, 2/lethal | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3| Speed 40 ft. (30 ft. in armor) | Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2; Sense Motive +9 | Rage: 4/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +9, Intimidate +7, Survival +7

John looks at the woman first with suspicion, then pleasant surprise. "Much obliged," he says with a genuine, I somewhat overstated bow. "I appreciate any companion with their priorities in order."

"And here I had been mistaking you for a priestess of the Great Dreamer, when it is clear that you find wisdom, if not devotion, from the teachings of the Accidental God!"

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Undine Varisian Pilgrim Cleric 5

"Aiding fellow travelers is one of Lady Luck's teaching, traveler in need of booze included." Furen smiles as she hand him the antitoxin.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34

"And Hathor supports joy, love, music, and dance so she'd certainly appreciate the value of having a good time. As pleasant as the conversation has been we should go see the good Father and determine if he knows what his apprentice has been up to."

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar sighs and knows to be well away from these big folk when they decide to get drunk and rowdy. He looks over at Mallycorn and Gaius whom he suspects to be moderate and reasonable men.

"Yes, indeed. Time to move on."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Ouch. Gaius is trying to remember information about Erastil but he slept through that part.

When the PCs leave the Potion Shop:
Trying to minimize his ignorance of the topic, Gaius asks the others what they know about Erastil.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Generally basic knowledge about the main deities is a DC 10 Religion check that characters can just take 10 on and succeed on (even untrained) assuming at least a 10 Intelligence :)


Relgar wrote:
Generally basic knowledge about the main deities is a DC 10 Religion check that characters can just take 10 on and succeed on (even untrained) assuming at least a 10 Intelligence :)

Erastil is a god of farming, hunting and community. He is older than many of the gods including Aroden.

That should be about what you would get from DC 5

The higher the roll, the more information I tend to give. Erastil is a very common god.

Looks like people are ready to go to the temple.


Having gotten some more information from Majara Pricknettle including a clue on the bugs, you make a few purchases and leave the shop.

The temple is most of the way across town, close to the graveyard.

The temple is a large building and looks to be much older than many of the buildings you’ve seen in town. There is an infirmary, and area dedicated to housing the poor, a large hall that looks like it serves as a community center as well as an area for religious services. You would guess that this used to be the town meeting hall, it is much older than the current town hall.

You find Father Ildrus Ruvarra in the infirmary tending to a wounded farmer’s leg.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 4 Init +0 Hp 35/35 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+6 Ref+1 Will+7 Per+3 Spd 20 Channel 7/7

Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Mallycorn gives some crucial informations on Erastil's faith and his servants before hey enter the temple.

Still, the Pharasman can't help but keep an eye on the graveyard.

If you don't mind, after the temple, I'd like to go to the graveyard to pray for the deceased souls.

He enters the temple and bows to the local priest

Revered Father, how can we help the community?

Take 10 for 17 Diplomacy


He looks to Mallycorn and smiles. “Hello! If you could help me care for the injured here, that would be most appreciated.” He gestures to another injured in a nearby cot.

By what blessings has the lady sent her servant here?

While he is working in the farmer, he introduces himself and indicates he is the head priest of this temple.

No need for further checks, the diplomacy roll was enough to make him friendly.

If you want to do a Heal check or use any healing spell, that would take care of the minor injuries on the indicated patient.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34
Relgar wrote:

Generally basic knowledge about the main deities is a DC 10 Religion check that characters can just take 10 on and succeed on (even untrained) assuming at least a 10 Intelligence :)

I know but I was greedy and wanted a 20.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 4 Init +0 Hp 35/35 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+6 Ref+1 Will+7 Per+3 Spd 20 Channel 7/7

I'd be glad to be of any assistance.

Taking 10 for 18 Heal. If he can't take 10, will cast CLW

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Mallycorn gently traces a spiral over the farmer's wounds, prays Pharasma and the bruises disappears

Silver Crusade

Female Undine Varisian Pilgrim Cleric 5

"Father Ruvarra, do you know where Nolaria and Gellion is? We're looking for them"

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34
Mallycorn Tavee wrote:

[dice=Religion]1d20+7

Mallycorn gives some crucial informations on Erastil's faith and his servants before hey enter the temple.

Still, the Pharasman can't help but keep an eye on the graveyard.

If you don't mind, after the temple, I'd like to go to the graveyard to pray for the deceased souls.

He enters the temple and bows to the local priest

Revered Father, how can we help the community?

Take 10 for 17 Diplomacy

Trying to whisper to Mallycorn, Gaius says "Given the stares we've received already, and their distrust of strangers, I'd rather not visit there. The last thing we need is to be blamed for...anything else if you know what I'm saying."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34

"Greetings Father Ruvarra, I am Gaius Marius, Inquisitor of Hathor. I would be honored to assist you in treating the ill and injured."

Take 10 on Heal checks for a 16 and, if needed, Gaius will use his Wand of Cure Light Wounds to heal anyone else. Just let me know how many charges I need to mark off the wand.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34
Furen E Lustario wrote:
"Father Ruvarra, do you know where Nolaria and Gellion is? We're looking for them"

"Perhaps we should assist the good Father first and then speak with him in his private office?"


He quickly looks at the work that Mallycorn and Gaius has done and expresses his gratitude.

The medicine checks were sufficient. No need to expend the spell or charge from a wand.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated, but perhaps we could speak while tending to the people here?

He continues to tend to the people as he speaks with you.

In response to Furen, he says “Unfortunately, I do not and it is of concern to me. My daughter has been missing for three days now.

I wish that I could go search for her, but my duties here keep me busy. Even more so since I do not have her to aid me with the tasks.

Nodding towards Mallycorn and Gaius, he says “It seems you are goodly folk.

Looking to the whole group, he asks “Could you search for them?

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34

Everyone please check my post in the Discussion tab.

Liberty's Edge

he/him Half-Orc Slayer 5 | AC18 T 14 FF 14| HP 36/50 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc. +8

Azalmak nods slightly. "Of course, we would like to help out as we can." Lacking a healer's touch, he stays away from the patients. "Do they have any favourite spots they might have gone off to?"

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar nods.

"Is Nolaria your daughter then?"


He is about to answer Azalmak when Relgar asks his question.

He pauses to consider his words for a moment before answering.

My adopted daughter, yes. She is also my apprentice here in the church, serving the town.

Her parents were friends of mine. They died in the Goblinblood Wars. I found her as an infant while searching the village they lived in for survivors. The village was razed. I have been caring for her since.

Her only family remaining is the Volsetti family who have a farmstead a few days away from here.

Turning to Azalmak, Father Ruvarra says “Nolaria was last seen with her pet raven, Blackfeather, in the graveyard. I know that she and Gellion — Majara’s apprentice — would often meet there.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar nods as this helps to explain how their family names differs.

"Well that is a place to start. We will do what we can."

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 4 Init +0 Hp 35/35 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+6 Ref+1 Will+7 Per+3 Spd 20 Channel 7/7

Mallycorn continues to help tend to the wounded, using his medical skills; he looks for unusual wounds

Is there many people to heal? What are the kind of wounds? Anything unusual?

it seems you are really busy here, and I'm happy, and able, to help here. Then we'll look for your adopted daughter.

He engages in chitchat with the wounded, asking how and where they got their wounds, what they do for a living, and tries to gater information relevant to the situation

Diplo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


The people being treated seem to have the normal problems you would expect. Accidents, two that got into a drunken bar fight, a child with a mild fever. Nothing out of the ordinary.

There are a few also looking for blessings, but they want their own priest, not some stranger that follows some other god. A few of them are even diplomatic in explaining that.

Father Ruvarra thanks each of you that promise to find his daughter.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar knows it is time to move on.

"Alright people. Where to next?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 4 Init +0 Hp 35/35 AC 14 T10 FF13 Fort+6 Ref+1 Will+7 Per+3 Spd 20 Channel 7/7

Taking no offense from the local people wo prefer their own priest, Mallycorn gets ready to depart

Let's check the graveyard first, as it seems to be a rallying point for some of the missing apprentices.


Leaving the church, you go across the street to the graveyard. Great time to visit, just as the sun is starting to set.

The sign on the arch of the entry gate reads THE GALLOWS' GRAVEYARD.

Hundreds of small grave markers stand between a few large mausoleums in this graveyard. Crows leer from the gravestones, scattering when other creatures draw near, only to resettle some distance away.

Survival check to try and find tracks.
Everyone may also do a Perception check

Silver Crusade

Female Undine Varisian Pilgrim Cleric 5

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Male Human Inquisitor 6 | HP 45 / 45 | AC 18 / 14T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 8, Reflex + 8, Will + 9 | Init + 10 | Perception + 12 | Speed 40 ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Divine Favor (+3/+3), Justice (+2 to hit), Bane vs. Chalfon| Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st Level (4/5) , 2nd Level (3/4) | Bane: 4/9 | HP = 34

Survival: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Gaius surveys the area and, mindful of it the sun setting, draws his bow.
"Considering what Majara told us, we should be ready for any 'unexpected' visitors."
He will also retrieve one of his wands, activate it, and then place it back in his spring-loaded wrist sheath.

Activating Divine Favor


The most recent tracks that Gaius finds seems to be leading to the northeastern section of the grave yard.

Entering that section, he notices that although there are a lot of birds in the graveyard they all appear to be avoiding one section except a very noisy raven perched on a gravestone.

Raven is placed on map on slide 9.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar suspects that the raven is Blackfeather and the gnome knows that some ravens are even able to talk to people!

"Perhaps we should have a word with that raven if it is at all possible."

Suddenly the tattoo on the gnome's neck and back transforms into a man-sized flying dinosaur. Relgar jumps on board and they begin to fly!

Relgar and Gregor are now 20 feet above the ground

@GM Bret - I love this graveyard slide. It is so spooky! :)

151 to 200 of 629 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost VI: Gallows of Madness! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.