[ACO] PFS2e 04-01 Intro - Year of Boundless Wonder (P3) (Inactive)

Game Master UncleFroggy

Symbols > Single Action (◆), Double Action (◆◆), Triple Action (◆◆◆), Free Action (◇), Reaction (↺)


101 to 150 of 189 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard, Toughness, Dubious knowledge

Having found a wand, the orc asks around: Does someone know how to use this? That might be useful in case of some nightmarish enemies come again.

Then he goes to investigate the scrolls area.

Esoteric lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Loompecker heads over to the scrolls. He finds something interesting but only realizes that it's a duplicate copy for the sandwich maker instructions.

Bakunawan is up

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard, Toughness, Dubious knowledge

Mhhh could be interesting if I find someone to make sandwiches.

And he stores the paper in his backpack.

Envoy's Alliance

Male shoony tiefling barkeep thaumaturge 2 | max HP: 22; AC: 19 | Perc: +6; Fort: +6; Ref +6; Will +6

"Hey Bakuna! You look pretty spry. Why don't you try climbing up those piled up shelves over there. Looks like some decent gear up on top, yeah?"

Suggesting Bakunawan uses Acrobatics in Area 5 to see what's there.

Horizon Hunters

Bakunawan looks up where Maram is looking at. Then jump and climb to the piles to reach selves. He started the items there but has pretty dark. Although they came here to catalog he was to secretly looking for potions and weapons.

Envoy's Alliance

Male shoony tiefling barkeep thaumaturge 2 | max HP: 22; AC: 19 | Perc: +6; Fort: +6; Ref +6; Will +6

Don't forget to roll the Acrobatics checks


◆◇↺

Bakunawan heads over to the higher elevations per Maram's request. There he attempts to check out some stuff while precariously balancing.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Bakunawan lives up to his name. While precariously balanced on a chair that's on two legs leaning on the back of one of the shelves, he finds two items.

One is a nondescript looking dagger, though upon further inspection, runes can be seen glinting against the light. The dagger turns out to be a dagger of venom. Beside the dagger is a fearsome looking mask depicting a demon. This turns out to be a demon mask.

****

A cry from Rain in Cloudy Day pierces the vault. "Oh, no! She's back!" Moments later, an imposing figure steps into the vault, striding straight past the cowering Pathfinder. With her wild hair, wicked curved horns, sharp teeth, and glowing eyes, she's a fearful sight. The bones of her enormous, clawed hands make hideous cracking sounds as she heaves on a chain wrapped around her torso, dragging an iron cauldron across the stone floor. It nearly tips, spilling a glob of vile black ooze filled with vibrant constellations.

She casts her gaze around the vault and rises to her full height. She speaks, her voice like a dying goat by a crackling fire. "What is this? Ah yes, I see. Precious treasures, all for me! A dagger, its twin my child wields. I command you, Star: break cities! Burn fields!"

"A key, its message yet unclear. Why does it hide? What does it fear? Pathfinders! You'll seek boundless wonder across the land... and find Aslynn's nightmares, hand in hand!"

Aslynn stoops to grasp the chain once more and proceeds with her cauldron into the vault, still ignoring Rain and anyone else around her. Suddenly, a new voice—a harsh whisper—carries through the air. "Psst! Hey, you! Pathfinders! She's not real. Well, not too real. Just a bit. No time to explain! You've got to distract her! Don't let her find what she's looking for! Distract her, then find a way to get rid of her!"

DC 15 Perception:
You realize that the voice seems to come from every direction at once, as if from a talented ventriloquist.

There are two phases to this next encounter. Your goal is to first distract Aslynn from the treasure pile, then to trap her. Fail this and she gets what she wants.

To distract Aslynn from the treasure it seeks - Deception/Performance/Occultism

Envoy's Alliance

Male shoony tiefling barkeep thaumaturge 2 | max HP: 22; AC: 19 | Perc: +6; Fort: +6; Ref +6; Will +6

Maram looks around as the figure of Aslynn appeared, fearing for a moment that the hag had really entered the Grand Lodge. His hand went for his trinkets as he tried to find something to distract the image. He'd worry about hte strange voice later.

deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Bakunawan hatches a plan to distract Aslynn inspired by his travels from the Hispanic lands. He walk towards a small but lit part of the vault. Bakunawan would try to catch the attention of Aslynn with a seductive dance from the Calé Romani people of Jerez aka the Flamingo. He called Aslynn Mi Amor, Mi amor! As Aslynn took a look, Bakunawan began to dance by pulsating his body while using the daggers as clickers. When Asylynn took an interest in Bakunawan, he started moving back to lure her away. Bakunawan used the moonwalk to mask his retreat.
Performance: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard, Toughness, Dubious knowledge

Occultism: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Look at this! What's a marvelous item! Sure it is a good one. Perhaps so good to allow to rule the world.

Grand Archive

Occultism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Jaariko lets out a sharp whistle. "Over here." He points his gun at Aslynn as the tip begins to glow red hot with fire.

Grand Archive

M Ancestry: Elf | Witch 2 | HP: 18/18 | AC:16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Occ DC: 18 | Arc DC: 18 |Speed: 35ft | Evil Eye, Life Boost | FP: 2/2 | Active conditions: None | ◆◇↺

Gallus tries to usher Aslynn in a different direction, "These people don't know anything. You look like a student of the esoteric like me! Come look here at what I've found earlier..."

Occultism: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Occultism but with hero point: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Maram manages to get Aslynn's attention, though the hag did follow Bakunawan's seductive movements as well. Aslynn stalks Maram with extreme malice.

This second part is open ended. Come up with a plan and a skill to use. You need 2 successes or 1 crit success to trap Aslynn

Envoy's Alliance

Male shoony tiefling barkeep thaumaturge 2 | max HP: 22; AC: 19 | Perc: +6; Fort: +6; Ref +6; Will +6

Maram spread a circle of iron filings in the center of the room and began chanting a rite that he had learned in Cheliax for holding devils while creatig a compact with them. "Etgay erhay inay ehthay irclecay" he said to his companions.

occultism: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Gallus, you can have your hero point back. Everyone succeeded, and you only need 1 success.

Maram spreads iron filings on the floor in a circle and encourages Bakunawan to lead Aslynn to the circle. Loompecker joins Maram in the chant and together they manage to lead Aslynn away from the treasure she seeks.

Aslynn shrieks with delight and rushes to the pile of treasure at the center of the vault. "It’s here! I can taste it! Come to me, my dearest nightmares!" She rakes through the treasure with her claws, scattering coins and shredding pages. "Where is it?! Where?! I must have it! What have you done with it?!" With a final shriek, she curls in on herself, melding with the ooze from her cauldron. She and the cauldron melt into the floor, bubbling and hissing. The sounds turn to frantic chittering as dozens of rats begin pouring from the ground.

Init:

Red Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
White Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Blue Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
S1 Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
S2 Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Maram, Search: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Guiseppino, Repeat a Spell: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Gallus, Detect Magic: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Bakunawan, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Loompecker, Search: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Baby Huey, Search: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Bakunawan - AC 18, 10/18
**Maram - AC 19, 22/22
**Loompecker - AC 18, 21/21
**Guiseppino - AC 16 (17 w/shield), 16/16
Swarm 2
Gallus - AC 16, 18/18
White R.O.U.S.
Swarm 1
Red R.O.U.S
Jaariko - AC 18, 15/15
Blue R.O.U.S

Envoy's Alliance

Male shoony tiefling barkeep thaumaturge 2 | max HP: 22; AC: 19 | Perc: +6; Fort: +6; Ref +6; Will +6

Maram jumped back as the rats began pouring out of the stone floor, saying "Rats! Why'd it have to be rats?" The shoony's lip twitched upwards in a snarls as he fought this natural instincts. He did his beast to think about how to handle giant rats like these, and to pass that info along to his companions. He tilted the mirror in his right hand and aimed the flashes towards the rats as he flipped though his esoterica.

exploit vulnerability/esoteric knowledge: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Success, but not crit success. Learn its highest weakness, if any

Maram charged into the fray, chopping with his khopesh at the nearest rat's head.

strike vs white: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
S damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 +3 or +weakness, whichever is higher

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Maram walks up to the nearest Rat and casually slices its head off.

Maram:

No weakness other than maybe to being clean and disinfected. You didn't even need the weakness to take its head clean off!

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Bakunawan - AC 18, 10/18
Maram - AC 19, 22/22
**Loompecker - AC 18, 21/21
**Guiseppino - AC 16 (17 w/shield), 16/16
Swarm 2
Gallus - AC 16, 18/18
Swarm 1
Red R.O.U.S
Jaariko - AC 18, 15/15
Blue R.O.U.S

Verdant Wheel

Non-Binary Wishborn Poppet Bones Oracle of Undeath 1 | Quick | HP 15/15, AC 17 w Leather Lamellar (18 w Shield or Dueling Cape raised), Fortitude* +4, Reflex* +6, Will** +6, Perception** +6 (+1 vs visual illusions), Stealth* +6 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions Flammable (Fire Weakness 1), Constructed (+1 to saving throws vs death effects, disease, and poison, vs drained, paralyzed, and sickened conditions) | ◆◇↺

Guiseppino quickly runs away after seeing the swarms of rat are closest to him. "Gonna wun!" and goes behind Bakunawan. He then sends a mental jolt on Blue R.O.U.S.

◆ Stride
◆◆ Cast a Spell, Daze, Blue's DC 17 basic Will save vs 4 mental damage

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Blue Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Guiseppino hides behind Bakunawan and sends a mental jolt against the blue rat. The rat grimaces but doesn't really seem bothered by the jolt.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Bakunawan - AC 18, 10/18
Maram - AC 19, 22/22
**Loompecker - AC 18, 21/21
Guiseppino - AC 16 (17 w/shield), 16/16
Swarm 2
Gallus - AC 16, 18/18
Swarm 1
Red R.O.U.S
Jaariko - AC 18, 15/15
Blue R.O.U.S (-2)

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard, Toughness, Dubious knowledge

The orc moves to fight the swarms trying to recall a weakness.

Esoteric lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Then he strikes the swarm 2.

Orc necksplitter: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Damage, Personal antithesis:1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 8

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Loompecker clobbers the second Swarm. His slash doesn't affect the swarm as much but it dissipates most of the rats.

Bakunamatata is up!

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Bakunawan - AC 18, 10/18
Maram - AC 19, 22/22
Loompecker - AC 18, 21/21
Guiseppino - AC 16 (17 w/shield), 16/16
Swarm 2 (-10)
Gallus - AC 16, 18/18
Swarm 1
Red R.O.U.S
Jaariko - AC 18, 15/15
Blue R.O.U.S (-2)

Horizon Hunters

Bakunawan had to think fast. He needs to fight the rats while keeping Aslynn distracted. He said to himself, its time . He pulled up his shirt to expose his stomach. Aslynn eyes pop out as she admires Bakunawan’s washboard abs. Still got her attention. Bakunawan whispered to himself Jacob, eat your heart out. He pulled out his trusty throwing knife and fling it to the blue rat.
Throwing Knife vs Blue rat: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Bakunawan runs forward, bares his chest, draws his knife and flings it at the Blue rat. The rat is unimpressed and the knife flies over the rodent's head, missing it by inches.

The damaged swarm moves forward and swarms all over Loompecker.

Swarming Bites 1: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Swarming Bites 2: 1d6 ⇒ 6

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before Your Turn:
DC 17 Reflex Save: Loompecker (x2)
------------------
Those with ** may go

Bakunawan - AC 18, 10/18
Maram - AC 19, 22/22
Loompecker - AC 18, 21/21
Guiseppino - AC 16 (17 w/shield), 16/16
Swarm 2 (-10)
**Gallus - AC 16, 18/18
Swarm 1
Red R.O.U.S
Jaariko - AC 18, 15/15
Blue R.O.U.S (-2)

Grand Archive

M Ancestry: Elf | Witch 2 | HP: 18/18 | AC:16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Occ DC: 18 | Arc DC: 18 |Speed: 35ft | Evil Eye, Life Boost | FP: 2/2 | Active conditions: None | ◆◇↺

Gallus runs into range of the swarms, extends his hand palm forward, and casts electric arc targeting both swarms.

DC18 Reflex save for the swarms: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Reflex: 2d20 ⇒ (11, 19) = 30

Gallus runs up and sends lightning at both swarms. About 90% of the rats swarming over Loompecker get fried, and the swarm effectively ceases to exist. The other swarm loses half its number as those rats also fry.

The remaining swarm notices Gallus and make tracks for him, attempting to swarm him under with multiple bites and scratches.

Swarming Bites vs Gallus x2: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

A large red rat scurries up to Bakunawan and Maram and attempts to bite them in turn.

Jaws vs Maram AC 19: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Jaws vs Bakunawan AC 18, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

But the rat must have been star struck by Bakunawan's washboard abs to pay attention to what it's doing.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before Your Turn:
DC 17 Reflex Save: Loompecker (x2), Gallus (x2)
------------------
Those with ** may go

Bakunawan - AC 18, 10/18
Maram - AC 19, 22/22
Loompecker - AC 18, 21/21
Guiseppino - AC 16 (17 w/shield), 16/16
Gallus - AC 16, 18/18
Swarm 1 (-8)
Red R.O.U.S
**Jaariko - AC 18, 15/15
Blue R.O.U.S (-2)

Grand Archive

Jaariko fires his small explosive rounds at the swarm of rats, burning up as many of them as he can. "Watch out friend!"

Dragon Mouth Pistol; Singular Expertise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage; Concussive (Piercing) Singular Expertise (1 fire splash): 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5 Everything within 5 ft takes 1 Piercing Splash damage.

Dragon Mouth Pistol; Singular Expertise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage; Concussive (Piercing) Singular Expertise (1 fire splash): 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3 Everything within 5 ft takes 1 Piercing Splash damage.

◈ Energy Shot (When Initiative is Rolled draw weapon and first three strikes deal 1 Fire damage)
◆ Strike
◆ Reload
◆ Strike

Status:

HP 15/15
AC 18
Energy Shot Remaining 1/3
Bullets Remaining 23/30

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Jaariko sends an explosive round at the remaining swarm. The round hits dead center and incinerates most of the rats. The remaining rats all disperse to various corners of the Vault. He reloads and points his pistol at the Blue rat. Unfortunately, as he pulls the trigger, he slips on a coin and sends the cluster of shot straight into the Vault's ceiling.

The Blue rat decides to try to get some revenge and approaches Jaariko to bite him.

Jaws vs Jaariko AC 18: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Jaws vs Jaariko AC 18, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Unfortunately this rat is probably also recovering from seeing Bakunawan's washboard abs (??) to concentrate.

All non-tengus are up!

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before Your Turn:
DC 17 Reflex Save: Loompecker (x2), Gallus (x2)
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Bakunawan - AC 18, 10/18
**Maram - AC 19, 22/22
**Loompecker - AC 18, 21/21
**Guiseppino - AC 16 (17 w/shield), 16/16
**Gallus - AC 16, 18/18
Red R.O.U.S
Jaariko - AC 18, 15/15
Blue R.O.U.S (-2)

Envoy's Alliance

Male shoony tiefling barkeep thaumaturge 2 | max HP: 22; AC: 19 | Perc: +6; Fort: +6; Ref +6; Will +6

Maram flashed the mirror mounted on his left vambrace and a duplicate of himself appeared next to the blue-furred rat. The duplicate struck out at the oddly-colored rodent.

strike vs blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
S damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 3 = 10

strike vs blue: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 5 = 16
S damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 3 = 16

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Maram causes a duplicate of himself to appear beside Blue. The second Shoony casually removes Blue's head.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before Your Turn:
DC 17 Reflex Save: Loompecker (x2), Gallus (x2)
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Bakunawan - AC 18, 10/18
Maram - AC 19, 22/22
**Loompecker - AC 18, 21/21
**Guiseppino - AC 16 (17 w/shield), 16/16
**Gallus - AC 16, 18/18
Red R.O.U.S
Jaariko - AC 18, 15/15

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard, Toughness, Dubious knowledge

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The orc moves, studies the rat, and strikes it.

Exploit vulnerability: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Orc necksplitter: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 12

Verdant Wheel

Non-Binary Wishborn Poppet Bones Oracle of Undeath 1 | Quick | HP 15/15, AC 17 w Leather Lamellar (18 w Shield or Dueling Cape raised), Fortitude* +4, Reflex* +6, Will** +6, Perception** +6 (+1 vs visual illusions), Stealth* +6 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions Flammable (Fire Weakness 1), Constructed (+1 to saving throws vs death effects, disease, and poison, vs drained, paralyzed, and sickened conditions) | ◆◇↺

Guiseppino sends a mental jolt to the Red R.O.U.S. Then they walk toward Gallus just in case it tries to follow them.

◆◆ Cast a Spell, Daze, DC 17 basic Will save vs 4 mental damage
◆ Stride

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Retcon - since the saves would have taken place at the time the attacks occurred

Loompecker grimaces as he trips on rats and is covered with rat bites. Fortunately the rats are not disease-ridden so the wounds are clean.

End Retcon

Loompecker attempts to strike at the remaining ROUS, but misses. Guiseppino sends a mental jolt same rat. The rat stiffens and bleeds from its ears, then tips over, dead. Crit Fail on the save

Gallus Reflex 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Gallus Reflex 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Gallus, do you want to hero point the Nat 1?

COMBAT OVER

Player Status:

Bakunawan - AC 18, 10/18
Maram - AC 19, 22/22
Loompecker - AC 18, 7/21
Guiseppino - AC 16 (17 w/shield), 16/16
Gallus - AC 16, 16/18 (pending HP of the Nat 1)
Jaariko - AC 18, 15/15

You manage to trace the voice to Area 4, where Rain had dumped all the empty chests. As you approach, a disembodied pair of elegant blue gloves busily clears chests off a table. The gloves make a "Stop right there!" gesture before signaling toward the table. They gently pat its surface, then indicate the boxes on top of it. The voice from earlier says, "I see you’ve met Mr. Glovely! He wants you to help clear those boxes. I’m, uh, underneath them. It’s a bit embarrassing. Help a poor guy out? Many hands are better than two! No offense, Mr. Glovely." The gloves wave dismissively, as if to say, "None taken."

No skill checks required. Just indicate if you want to help Mr Glovely

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard, Toughness, Dubious knowledge

The orc gets rid of the rats on him and heads to where the voice comes from to help as requested.

Grand Archive

Jaariko looks curiously at the gloves, wondering if they would fit him. His head bobs back and forth following their movement as he helps clear off some of the boxes, stowing his loaded pistol back into his eggshell.

Horizon Hunters

Bakunawan heard and fix his eyes towards where a voice coming from. He tucks his shirt back to rats' utter disappointment and heads towards the glove.

Envoy's Alliance

Male shoony tiefling barkeep thaumaturge 2 | max HP: 22; AC: 19 | Perc: +6; Fort: +6; Ref +6; Will +6

"Who is that? Time to get to work, and free our advisor!"

Maram ran over to the boxes and began hauling them aside.

Grand Archive

M Ancestry: Elf | Witch 2 | HP: 18/18 | AC:16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Occ DC: 18 | Arc DC: 18 |Speed: 35ft | Evil Eye, Life Boost | FP: 2/2 | Active conditions: None | ◆◇↺

Gallus warily begins helping the gloves. While working, Gallus turns to Ygra, "I'll need some of your energy."

Using Familiar Focus to regain a focus point. I'd love to HP that 1 if I still can. If not, no big deal.

Verdant Wheel

Non-Binary Wishborn Poppet Bones Oracle of Undeath 1 | Quick | HP 15/15, AC 17 w Leather Lamellar (18 w Shield or Dueling Cape raised), Fortitude* +4, Reflex* +6, Will** +6, Perception** +6 (+1 vs visual illusions), Stealth* +6 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions Flammable (Fire Weakness 1), Constructed (+1 to saving throws vs death effects, disease, and poison, vs drained, paralyzed, and sickened conditions) | ◆◇↺

Guiseppino raises an eyebrow after seeing the animated glove and somebody under those piles of boxes. "So youw name is Mistew Gwovwey. And who is the othew one?" they ask Mr. Glovley as they help removing the boxes, only the small ones they can manage to carry, of course.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates
Gallus Erakko wrote:

Gallus warily begins helping the gloves. While working, Gallus turns to Ygra, "I'll need some of your energy."

Using Familiar Focus to regain a focus point. I'd love to HP that 1 if I still can. If not, no big deal.

Go ahead and HP it.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

You all manage to move the chests off the table. With a sigh of relief, the table disappears to be replaced by a large, gaudy treasure chest with an enormous, shiny silver chain and padlock. He grins and introduces himself.

"I’m Biglock, one of the best mimics around! That means I can turn into all kinds of things. Tables, chairs, you name it! And this is Mr. Glovely. He… you know, I’m not sure. He showed up one day and lent me a fand. Or two! Ha! We have what you might call a mutually beneficial arrangement. I do the talking, and Mr. Glovely does everything else."

"Look, there's not much time so I'll be brief. I’ve been in quite a few of the Society’s vaults over the years. I’m good at going unnoticed. Last time I got noticed, it was by that night hag, Aslynn. She saw my potential, and… well, she owns a significant share of my soul. I can barely even remember how I lost it to her in the first place. A bad bet? A worse debt? Can’t rightly say, as I don’t rightly know. Well, for years now, I’ve had to do as she asks. Mostly spying, a bit of stealing. But when I wised up to some of her plans, I made a break for it. She’s been looking for me ever since. I think she fed information to those Onyx Alliance rascals. They captured me, so when the Society got hold of their treasures, I came with! I don’t know the details, but I know she’s trying to brew some powerful magic in that weird cauldron. She needs a few of the magic items from your stash here."

"While you were distracting Aslynn, we found these! I think she was looking for them." Biglock has Mr Glovely produce two items, a dagger with magical runes and a key made of some sort of crystalline substance. "This dagger here looks like it’s from the Jistka Imperium. Might be a powerful magic weapon, but I’m not sure how to unlock its potential! I think Aslynn was looking for this, too. I don’t recognize the crystal it’s made of, and I don’t think it’s from this world at all! You better take them and keep them for the Society."

"I can’t take hostile actions against Aslynn. That goes for Mr. Glovely here, too, for his own reasons. But I can help you find some great equipment and make a plan! Mr Glovely, show these nice people that thing you found." Mr. Glovely produces a small gold spoon. "No, not that! The other thing!" Mr. Glovely shows you a jagged shard of purple glass with constellations like those visible in the ooze of Aslynn’s cauldron. "That’s the one! I think it’s a shard of Aslynn’s mind. It’s projecting all those creatures into this place. She’s probably looking for it. I think you should destroy it, but first, you’ll want to prepare for a fight. A piece of a night hag’s mind isn’t bound to go out without a struggle. We can help you find some good stuff, in fact, I've got something for you."

"Mr Glovely, get my new friends 'some of the good stuff'." Mr. Glovely rummages around the many discarded chests for a few minutes, then produces a wayfinder and proudly presents it to you. "No, no, I mean the really good stuff." Mr. Glovely smacks his nonexistent forehead. He produces a small key from thin air and unlocks some sort of invisible container. With an exaggerated display of effort, he lifts a +1 resilient breastplate from the container and presents it to you. Biglock grins. "That oughta do it. Have fun!"

"Take some time and search the vault again for anything you can use against Aslynn. Mr Glovely and I will help you."

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

You have another 10 minutes to search the vault (or do medicine checks). Because Mr Glovely and Biglock will be helping you, you all get a +2 bonus to your checks if you search the vault.

Rain's To Do List (Updated):

To-Do List for My Amazing Pathfinder Friends!

1. Talking skull - Please talk to the skull. It doesn’t seem to like me. Maybe one of you will have better luck?
(Nothing left to do here)

2. Pile of treasure - We probably shouldn’t leave everything in a pile like that, but we’ve been short-staffed. See what’s in there!
(Nothing left to do here)

3. Assorted items - There’s all kinds of stuff up in the raised storage areas on the west wall and in the northeast corner. Did we find any magic potions in the vault? Alchemical items? Talismans? You bet we did! I know a healing potion when I see one, but some of this stuff is beyond my experience. See what you can find!
(Skill Check: Arcana, Crafting, or Perception)

4. Pile of empty chests - I already looked through these. If you find more empty chests, just pile them in the southwest corner of the vault.

5. Danger! - These shelves are way up high and piled high with dangerous poisons and possibly cursed items. I think Zarta felt it would be safer if they were out of reach, but we should make sure there’s nothing too dangerous up there.
(Nothing left to do here)

6. Weapons - There are lots of magic weapons lying around. See if you can find the most powerful ones. Our field agents sure could use them!
(Skill Check: Arcana, Crafting, Gladiatorial Lore, or Warfare Lore)

7. Scrolls and such - We sure did find lots of scrolls! Thought I saw some wands in there, too. Might be something useful for the Society’s spellcasters in there.
(Skill Check: Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion)

Thanks for your help!

—Rain in Cloudy Day

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard, Toughness, Dubious knowledge

The orc drinks two Healing potions and asks around if someone could treat the remaining wound.

Healing:2d8 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

Grand Archive

Jaariko begins to dig through the assorted items pile and begins to organize them by how shiney each one is.

Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Verdant Wheel

Non-Binary Wishborn Poppet Bones Oracle of Undeath 1 | Quick | HP 15/15, AC 17 w Leather Lamellar (18 w Shield or Dueling Cape raised), Fortitude* +4, Reflex* +6, Will** +6, Perception** +6 (+1 vs visual illusions), Stealth* +6 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions Flammable (Fire Weakness 1), Constructed (+1 to saving throws vs death effects, disease, and poison, vs drained, paralyzed, and sickened conditions) | ◆◇↺

Guiseppino quietly proceeds to the area where the scrolls are, sorting them based on their magical traditions if they are not mundane.
Religion: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21

Envoy's Alliance

Male shoony tiefling barkeep thaumaturge 2 | max HP: 22; AC: 19 | Perc: +6; Fort: +6; Ref +6; Will +6

Maram eyed the breastplate lustfully, It was definitely better than the one he was wearing, he could tell jus tby the looks. And it was enameled blue. Maram liked blue, it was the color of arcana.

"Does anyone mind if I swap my armor out for that one? It's awfully pretty."

Maram gave the puppy dog eyes to anyone who looked like they might object.

Once he struggled out of his old armor and into the new, and re-hung all his belts and pouches, Maram ambled over to the shelves of scrolls and such with Guiseppino and began poking through the items there, looking for something useful. Or at least interesting.

esoteric lore: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Loompecker, you can go ahead and search or perform a 10-minute activity. Drinking a potion is trivial (unless you're savoring every drop!) :)

Maram heads to the scroll shelves and has a look. He finds a scroll that looks interesting. It turns out to be a guide on how to make sandwiches.

Guiseppino joins Maram in the scrolls section. He finds a nice looking wand, which turns out to be a Wand of Heal.

Jaariko checks the assorted shelves and looks for shiny baubles. He finds a particularly shiny object that turns out to be a potency crystal.

Gallus Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Still need checks from:
Loompecker
Bakunawan
Gallus

Envoy's Alliance

Male shoony tiefling barkeep thaumaturge 2 | max HP: 22; AC: 19 | Perc: +6; Fort: +6; Ref +6; Will +6

"I never thought of putting candied peppers in a cheese sandwich before. I can't wait to try this recipe when we get out of here."

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard, Toughness, Dubious knowledge

Loompecker goes to investigate the corner with the scrolls.

Esoteric lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Grand Archive

M Ancestry: Elf | Witch 2 | HP: 18/18 | AC:16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Occ DC: 18 | Arc DC: 18 |Speed: 35ft | Evil Eye, Life Boost | FP: 2/2 | Active conditions: None | ◆◇↺

Gallus turns around. "Let's check these weapons Ygra. We may need some magical weaponry for this."

Arcana check on the weapons: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

101 to 150 of 189 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [ACO] PFS2e 02-11 Pathfinder Trials (P3) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.