GM Tyranius (PF2) Gatewalkers

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Macros
Treasury


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,412 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
N Male Gnome Psychic 4 | Default Exploration: Perception
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +10, Refl +12, Will +12 | Perc +10 | Speed 25
hp: 33/40| Focus Points: 1/2 | Spells (Psychic: +10, DC 20): Cantrips (8), 1st (2/2, 2nd (2/2), 3rd (1/1)

Excuse me, but I do not speak Draconic. Do you speak any other languages?

Grundle pauses, then attempts something he has seen tourists try sometimes.

Do. You. Ssssssspeak. Any. Other. Languagesssssss?


N Male Skeleton Wizard 5 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +8, Refl +11, Will +11 | Perc +9 | Speed 30
♥️ 46/46 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Dagger | ⚕ Mystic Armor, False Vitality | Spells (Wizard: +11, DC 21, Sorcerer: +9, DC 19): Cantrips (8), 1st (4/5), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (3/3)

Alvarius slaps a bony palm on the forehead of his skull, the sound a muted tock instead of the typical meaty slap the gesture evokes. The skeleton looks at Grundle. "If they didn't like you before, then..."

He then prostrates himself, speaking with a penitent tone. "Oh Great Green Dragon, forgive us our ignorance and our trespass. Spare us from your wrath, so that we might speak warnings to others of the great power you possess."
Deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Alas, it's easy for the others to tell just how genuine the skeleton is.


N Male Gnome Psychic 4 | Default Exploration: Perception
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +10, Refl +12, Will +12 | Perc +10 | Speed 25
hp: 33/40| Focus Points: 1/2 | Spells (Psychic: +10, DC 20): Cantrips (8), 1st (2/2, 2nd (2/2), 3rd (1/1)

Sibilant 'S's! Grundle hisses at Alvarius.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Skeleton Wizard 5 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +8, Refl +11, Will +11 | Perc +9 | Speed 30
♥️ 46/46 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Dagger | ⚕ Mystic Armor, False Vitality | Spells (Wizard: +11, DC 21, Sorcerer: +9, DC 19): Cantrips (8), 1st (4/5), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (3/3)

"Consummate V's!" Alvarius mutters loudly back at Grundle.


Male Elf 5 | Perc +13 (E; Low-Light) | Speed: 35' | HP: 51 | AC: 21 (23) | Fort: +10 Ref: +12 Will: +13 (Resist Fire 2, Cold 2, elec 5, +1 circ vs Fire; +1 circ. emotion & S-> CS) | Spellbook | Exploration: Search | Status: | Hero Points: 1

“The construction of language, the agreement in principle of meaning and intent, the rules of grammar. Twisting semantics, reshaping the mind to one's will. The poetry of mad gnomes and pedantry nouns, verbs, and of bones. The bones of language. Do you understand Dragon? Do you understand, Dragon?

Ezgara tries to recall stories about dragons. Storytelling lore +9.

He rambles in Sylvan, Elven, and common.

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ | ★

The great dragon leans low and grumbles.

Draconic or Aklo:
"If my belly weren’t so full, I would have torn you limb from limb already.”

Nicky doesn't notice anythng specifically odd as their are bits of hobgoblin and various other humanoid remains.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Investigator - HP 58 AC 22/ 23 with Buckler

Alright! I speak Aklo!
To the other in his party. I can talk! I understood!
in aklo

aklo:
Yes great and fantastic one. We know that we are fortunate you have a full belly indeed. We approach you humbly and looking for a way to not incur your wrath!

He says we are lucky his stomach is full. I'm being humble in reply so we can save our skins.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 = 24


N Male Skeleton Wizard 5 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +8, Refl +11, Will +11 | Perc +9 | Speed 30
♥️ 46/46 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Dagger | ⚕ Mystic Armor, False Vitality | Spells (Wizard: +11, DC 21, Sorcerer: +9, DC 19): Cantrips (8), 1st (4/5), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (3/3)

Alvarius stands up, somehow looking embarrassed. "I can also understand the language of the, well, less pleasant fey creatures. No idea how, but it's true."

He lets Nicholo talk to the dragon, deciding that the tiefling is better having the dragon's attention.

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ | ★

The dragon twirls in delight, though it still seems poised to strike.

Aklo:
"Yessss, I just fed on two wanderers moments ago. All but their heads remain in the back of my cave. I save those for last as I like the crunchy bits."

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Investigator - HP 58 AC 22/ 23 with Buckler

Nicky smiles. He can kinda understand where the dragon is coming from. and he says so.

aklo:
I do get where you are coming from. It's the little things in life that bring the joy. For you, the cracking sound of chewed on skulls.
If I were big and awesome like you, I can see how that would be something I'd enjoy as an after dinner delight.
In my culture, it's a brandy and a smoke of gnomish tobacco leaf. But my culture and my significance is small - while your whole dweomer is overpowering.

I apologize for fawning over you so much. We wish to leave in peace, but curiosity makes me want to ask about your most recent dinner items? You mentioned two that were devoured? Human or Hobgoblin? I only ask as Hobgoblin heads make a louder pop when crunched. Right?

Nicky's talking to try and keep the dragon giving him info - and not attack. Just in case the dragon is giving off fear vibes, Nicky will use his no cause for alarm ability to help reduce the panic.
in common, he talks with the others.
We are still chatting a bit. The conversation's getting a C++ grade on our survival chances.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Skeleton Wizard 5 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +8, Refl +11, Will +11 | Perc +9 | Speed 30
♥️ 46/46 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Dagger | ⚕ Mystic Armor, False Vitality | Spells (Wizard: +11, DC 21, Sorcerer: +9, DC 19): Cantrips (8), 1st (4/5), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (3/3)

"So you think this is a programmable situation? Can we more expeditiously find out about who he ate? I really don't want to get stuck in an infinite loop. Any pointers you might have here? For every second that passes, we can increment the dragon's hunger counter."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG (he/him) Amurrun (Shemtej) Champion (paladin) 5 | HP 68(+10)/68 | AC <22> 22 (24) | Sh 4(6) hp 20 | F +11 R +11 W +11 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +13 | 25 ft (40 ft) | Hero 1/3 | focus 2/2 | ◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Active Conditions: catfall, land on your feet, aura of courage, (wild shape, scent)

"Onye Dinta understands what Nicholo and the dragon are saying," the amurrun says, inching back away from the dragon. "When Nicholo is speaking in the language of the unravellers. The language of humans less so."


HP 61 | AC 23 (+1 vs. traps) | F: +9, R: +13, W: +10 (+1 vs. traps) | Perc: +10 | Speed 30 ft. Elf rogue 5

Daehalya waits, poised on the balls of her feet, confused by what her companions are saying in any language.

"Is there any indication what happened to Pamak?" she whispers.

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ | ★

The dragon chuffs a bit as its chest rocks up and down in a sort of laugh if you could describe a dragon laughing.

Aklo, Draconic:
"You all look the same to me. I can show you the heads."

The dragon seems to sound proud as it moves slightly to the side.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
N Male Gnome Psychic 4 | Default Exploration: Perception
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +10, Refl +12, Will +12 | Perc +10 | Speed 25
hp: 33/40| Focus Points: 1/2 | Spells (Psychic: +10, DC 20): Cantrips (8), 1st (2/2, 2nd (2/2), 3rd (1/1)

Grundle trundles towards the cave.

It can't hurt us now that it's invited us inside.

...or is that vampires?

Well, I've already committed to this course of action, and dragons and can smell indecision.

...or maybe that's wolves...


HP 61 | AC 23 (+1 vs. traps) | F: +9, R: +13, W: +10 (+1 vs. traps) | Perc: +10 | Speed 30 ft. Elf rogue 5

"I am not sure that's true," Daehalya says hesitantly, but follows the gnome into the cave.

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ | ★

Grundle trudges past the dragon, who leans down and sniffs at him. Grundle can feel the hot air of its breath as te dragon eyes him as a tasty meal.

Heaps of bones fill the corners of this damp stone cave. The tops of several stalagmites have been broken off to form crude pedestals, atop one of which sit a pair of severed human heads.

The severed heads are those of Pamak and Hissoi, the missing smiling wolves agent.

Among several worthless trinkets (though they may appear strange) situated throughout the cave is an astrolabe of falling stars and 100 gp worth of small esoterica (figurines, scrolls, etc.).

Grundle feels the dragon come behind him blocking the exit and leans over the gnome.

Aklo, Draconic:
"That what you are looking for?"

The dragon smiles as loose bits of rotten meat are stuck in its teeth.


N Male Gnome Psychic 4 | Default Exploration: Perception
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +10, Refl +12, Will +12 | Perc +10 | Speed 25
hp: 33/40| Focus Points: 1/2 | Spells (Psychic: +10, DC 20): Cantrips (8), 1st (2/2, 2nd (2/2), 3rd (1/1)

Grundle studies the heads closely.

They seem to match the descriptions we were given. Thank you for your hospitality, but it now appears that our presence here is moot. I bid you a good afternoon and healthy digestion of the friends of our friends.

Grundle tips his hat and attempts to exit the cave. Also Grundle seems to have picked up a hat at some point.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Investigator - HP 58 AC 22/ 23 with Buckler

Nicky listens to Grundle's logic and he knows for certain the Gnome has some facts mixed up.
Nicky'd take his chances with Vampires and Wolves, not dragons.
But, he negotiated this hot mess, so he moves into the cave with Daehalya and Grundle.


HP 61 | AC 23 (+1 vs. traps) | F: +9, R: +13, W: +10 (+1 vs. traps) | Perc: +10 | Speed 30 ft. Elf rogue 5

Daehalya bows her head for a moment, hoping Findeladlara will guide the two men's souls to their final destinations. She wonders if they should do something more, but Matz merely wanted to know what had happened and they had certainly determined that.

She turns to leave, freezing -- as still as the ice of her homeland -- as she sees the dragon looming over Grundle.


N Male Skeleton Wizard 5 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +8, Refl +11, Will +11 | Perc +9 | Speed 30
♥️ 46/46 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Dagger | ⚕ Mystic Armor, False Vitality | Spells (Wizard: +11, DC 21, Sorcerer: +9, DC 19): Cantrips (8), 1st (4/5), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (3/3)

Alvarius, who for perhaps the first time ever is thankful that he has no flesh on his bone, watches the seemingly dire situation.

He opens his mouth to speak, then reconsiders it. I think all we can do now is let this play out.

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ | ★

Seeing the dragon looming over Grundle Daehalys slowly grabs the gnomes sleeve as he tiptoes past the dragon, bidding it farewell and promptly exits the cavern to give some distance.

DC 20 Survival to get back to the Camp.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Gnome Psychic 4 | Default Exploration: Perception
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +10, Refl +12, Will +12 | Perc +10 | Speed 25
hp: 33/40| Focus Points: 1/2 | Spells (Psychic: +10, DC 20): Cantrips (8), 1st (2/2, 2nd (2/2), 3rd (1/1)

As they depart, Grundle opines, if you set aside the severed heads and loss of life I would say that went relatively well.


LG (he/him) Amurrun (Shemtej) Champion (paladin) 5 | HP 68(+10)/68 | AC <22> 22 (24) | Sh 4(6) hp 20 | F +11 R +11 W +11 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +13 | 25 ft (40 ft) | Hero 1/3 | focus 2/2 | ◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Active Conditions: catfall, land on your feet, aura of courage, (wild shape, scent)

The amurrun growls forlornly.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Investigator - HP 58 AC 22/ 23 with Buckler

I'm kinda amazed we survived.

Grundle wrote:
if you set aside the severed heads and loss of life I would say that went relatively well.

To which Nicky chuckles at the joke.

Reminds me of what the RingMaster would say at the Circus. He would especially say things like that about the acrobats that were a part of the Flying Circus .


Male Elf 5 | Perc +13 (E; Low-Light) | Speed: 35' | HP: 51 | AC: 21 (23) | Fort: +10 Ref: +12 Will: +13 (Resist Fire 2, Cold 2, elec 5, +1 circ vs Fire; +1 circ. emotion & S-> CS) | Spellbook | Exploration: Search | Status: | Hero Points: 1

Survival (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 61 | AC 23 (+1 vs. traps) | F: +9, R: +13, W: +10 (+1 vs. traps) | Perc: +10 | Speed 30 ft. Elf rogue 5

Survival (trained): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

"No, Ezgara, this way," Daehalya says, certainty in her voice as she follows the stars back to the camp.

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ | ★

Daehalya yanks Ezgara away from his madness and back to the Camp. As you arrive “Sakuachi looks on expectantly and her face quickly turns forlorn. "You couldn't find Pamak?"


N Male Skeleton Wizard 5 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +8, Refl +11, Will +11 | Perc +9 | Speed 30
♥️ 46/46 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Dagger | ⚕ Mystic Armor, False Vitality | Spells (Wizard: +11, DC 21, Sorcerer: +9, DC 19): Cantrips (8), 1st (4/5), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (3/3)

"Actually, we did. But, see, there's this very large green dragon..."

He trails off, then remembers what people say at funerals. "I'm sorry for your loss. We were fortunate to be able to return, but I can tell you that they fell victim to an evil dragon."


N Male Gnome Psychic 4 | Default Exploration: Perception
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +10, Refl +12, Will +12 | Perc +10 | Speed 25
hp: 33/40| Focus Points: 1/2 | Spells (Psychic: +10, DC 20): Cantrips (8), 1st (2/2, 2nd (2/2), 3rd (1/1)

Grundle holds his hat over his heart. If only they had waited for the dragon to invite them inside...


HP 61 | AC 23 (+1 vs. traps) | F: +9, R: +13, W: +10 (+1 vs. traps) | Perc: +10 | Speed 30 ft. Elf rogue 5

Daehalya nods, with nothing more to add. There's really nothing much more to say beyond "dragon."

She really hopes Sakuachi doesn't have some dream of revenge. That would complicate everything.

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ | ★

Sakuachi nods but remans somber. "We will remember his bravery, but don't have long to stay here. Tough I wish we could have brought him back with us."

Matz comes up. "Boat's ready to go but I'm afraid, the lockhouse. My Wolves stationed there haven’t returned for their last shift change. No one’s going anywhere until someone opens the lock. That is what is keeping the iron gate shut."

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Investigator - HP 58 AC 22/ 23 with Buckler

The Lockhouse? Where is that location? Maybe we can go there and make sure to open the lock and bring back your Wolves safe to the boats.

Nicky likes this plan. He just survived a close encounter of the dragon kind and is totes mogotes to keep pressing his luck.


HP 61 | AC 23 (+1 vs. traps) | F: +9, R: +13, W: +10 (+1 vs. traps) | Perc: +10 | Speed 30 ft. Elf rogue 5

Daehalya manages not to sigh. She's a little unsure how (most of) the Wolves have managed to survive this long, but as they've helped them, she feels she must do her best to return the favor. NPCs, man...

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ | ★

Matz points towards the 30 foot tall tower in the short distance. "It's not too far from here. Get it opena nd we can all be on our way."

This thirty-foot-tall stone tower is built atop an artificial mound that overlooks the nearby river. A stone ramp ascends ten feet to a crenellated battlement. The lockhouse’s sole entrance is an unmarked wooden door. Two open windows—one facing the city to the west, the other the river to the east—offer additional points of entry. Each window is three feet square and ten feet above the battlement’s walkway. Flowering green vines have crept up the western wall and into the window there, but they don’t look strong enough to climb.

DC 19 Nature:
You recognizes the vines as glimmervines—carnivorous plants with dazzling flowers native to mountainous regions such as this.


Male Elf 5 | Perc +13 (E; Low-Light) | Speed: 35' | HP: 51 | AC: 21 (23) | Fort: +10 Ref: +12 Will: +13 (Resist Fire 2, Cold 2, elec 5, +1 circ vs Fire; +1 circ. emotion & S-> CS) | Spellbook | Exploration: Search | Status: | Hero Points: 1

Nature (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Ezgara rambles on, but there may be wisdom in his cracked monologueue…

Creophagous climbers hanging on the tower, sharp teeth, digestive enzymes. Teeth in leaves. A sliver of knowledge. A glimmer of light shed upon dull brains, as if to photosynthesize knowledge. Will they see? Like a glimmer among the vines. Glimmervines.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Investigator - HP 58 AC 22/ 23 with Buckler

Nicky listens carefully to Ezgara. He feels like there's a warning in there. Like there's some actual information to be gleaned.
Wha - What? Synth? Wreath of leaves? What?
He looks at the others for solutions other than going through the front door.
I have rope, but no grapple to try and go up to the window without vines. If one of us were really light, maybe like a gnome's amount of weight - they could go up the window with the vines. Well, unless what Ezgara said meant that those vines weren't safe.

Otherwise, we just open the front door. Suggestions?

Whatever we do, if it's a reasonable skill, Nicky gives a +1 to whomever is doing it as he's sharing a pursued lead - Clue In.


N Male Skeleton Wizard 5 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +8, Refl +11, Will +11 | Perc +9 | Speed 30
♥️ 46/46 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Dagger | ⚕ Mystic Armor, False Vitality | Spells (Wizard: +11, DC 21, Sorcerer: +9, DC 19): Cantrips (8), 1st (4/5), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (3/3)

"It might feel clever to find an unusual entry point, but I think in this case the path most trod is best."

Alvarius looks around, worried that whatever Ezgara has might be catching. "What I'm saying is that we should just go through the front door."

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ | ★

The lockhouse’s interior is divided into two levels: the ground floor and an elevated stone walkway. Iron ladders connect the two. The walkway spans the room’s breadth, allowing anyone atop to look out the windows. On the ground floor, a squat arch under the walkway leads to the building’s rear, where a fifty-foot-deep pit is filled with ropes, pulleys, and mechanical gears. On the wall next to the pit is an auspicious-looking lever.

Two human bodies dangle from the walkway, suspended in a knot of silver-flowered vines.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Investigator - HP 58 AC 22/ 23 with Buckler

You were right! Going direct was the way to go.
Hey, here's a lever! I'm going to pull it. That should lower the gate.

Nicky sees the end goal ahead and moves to the level to pull it.

Tsk. Tsk. The two guards got mauled by those wreath of leaves that Ezgara was talking about.


HP 61 | AC 23 (+1 vs. traps) | F: +9, R: +13, W: +10 (+1 vs. traps) | Perc: +10 | Speed 30 ft. Elf rogue 5

Daehalya wonders if there's more than meets the eye here, but it seems like they were just careless. Even here, in these warmer lands, the environment can swiftly prove deadly, just as back home.

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ | ★

Nicholo finds it odd that the vines above twitch hungrily. If his eyes aren't play tricks on him they seem to be very slowly inching their way down to the party.


HP 61 | AC 23 (+1 vs. traps) | F: +9, R: +13, W: +10 (+1 vs. traps) | Perc: +10 | Speed 30 ft. Elf rogue 5

"I think we may need to deal with these vines if we're going to open this gate," Daehalya says. She glances over at Ezgara, wondering if his powers over nature might help, even if there are certainly not these plants in the Crown of the World.


N Male Gnome Psychic 4 | Default Exploration: Perception
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +10, Refl +12, Will +12 | Perc +10 | Speed 25
hp: 33/40| Focus Points: 1/2 | Spells (Psychic: +10, DC 20): Cantrips (8), 1st (2/2, 2nd (2/2), 3rd (1/1)

Let us test the survival instincts of this curious flora. Does anybody have a torch, or perhaps several?


LG (he/him) Amurrun (Shemtej) Champion (paladin) 5 | HP 68(+10)/68 | AC <22> 22 (24) | Sh 4(6) hp 20 | F +11 R +11 W +11 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +13 | 25 ft (40 ft) | Hero 1/3 | focus 2/2 | ◆ | ◇ | ↺ | Active Conditions: catfall, land on your feet, aura of courage, (wild shape, scent)

"Onye Dinta agrees. Fire should be effective in deterring the plants," the catfolk says. He places the javelin back in his quiver and draws his flyssa from the wooden sheath at his belt.


N Male Skeleton Wizard 5 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 20 | Fort +8, Refl +11, Will +11 | Perc +9 | Speed 30
♥️ 46/46 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Dagger | ⚕ Mystic Armor, False Vitality | Spells (Wizard: +11, DC 21, Sorcerer: +9, DC 19): Cantrips (8), 1st (4/5), 2nd (3/4), 3rd (3/3)

"It likely doesn't enjoy freezing cold either. Everyone stay back."

Alvarius rolls up his sleeves and works through a quick evocation. He points and shouts words of magic. "Pelydr o Oerfel!"
Ray of Frost vs Vines: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage (Cold): 3d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) = 10 plus -10 Speed on Crit

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ | ★

You sends small concentrated blasts of fore and ice at the vines. This causes the mindless plant to recoil back, though it doesn't seem to stop trying. This gives Nicholo the opportunity to quickly rush to the lever and pull it before running back to safety.

Pushing up on the lever causes the gears in the pit to slowly rotate and the river gate outside to grind open.

With the lock open, you and your allies are able to board your raft and float down the Little Icerime to leave the city. Before the group leaves, Matz offers a small bit of advice.

Matz sees you off at the docks. “I’ve been talking with some of the smarter Wolves,” he says. “This raft will get you to Winterbreak Bay, no problem. The Lake, though, has a mind of its own. If you’re going west to Sarkoris, the port you want to reach will be Egede, in Mendev, and that’s a long way off. The raft is good, don’t get me wrong, but you’ll need something bigger to make it all the way."

“There’s a ship graveyard,” he continues, mock conspiratorially, “not far from Winterbreak Bay. It’s called the Jundlan Wrecks. You’ll find dozens of ships there, some no doubt seaworthy enough for your voyage. Don’t heed the ghost stories—pure poppycock, I’m sure. But hey, who knows? You’re good at this treasure-hunting thing. Maybe you’ll find more than just a ship among the wreckage.”

With a smile and a wink, Matz helps shove your raft into the river. The other Smiling Wolves offer friendly waves and a communal howl as you begin your voyage.

Sakuachi looks to each of you. "Any of you know how to sail?"

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Investigator - HP 58 AC 22/ 23 with Buckler

Nicky does a special kind of acrobatic roll as he ducks under the vines to flip the switch. .
I patented this roll , as it works everytime! I doubt there's a better move on the planet!.
************
As Sakuachi asks about sailing. Nicky slaps his forehead!
If I'd had an evening to study or listen to people give some advice... I probably could wing it. I'm really good at picking up basic skills. But the toothpaste is out of the tube Gorillion is out of the cage now that we've set sail!
Nicky has flexible studies, so he can learn to sail tomorrow! GM, go ahead and roll a flat check or unskilled check for me.
Nicky goes to what he thinks is the tiller and starts messing around.
I'll learn on the fly, and by practicing. I promise I'll be better by tomorrow.


HP 61 | AC 23 (+1 vs. traps) | F: +9, R: +13, W: +10 (+1 vs. traps) | Perc: +10 | Speed 30 ft. Elf rogue 5

Daehalya firmly grips the gunwales. Up until this very moment, she hadn't realized she does not care for being on the (liquid) water. It's unnatural!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Investigator - HP 58 AC 22/ 23 with Buckler

Nicky looks down at the Teak tiller and rudder. Sliding his hand along the smooth and lacquered lever. The lacquer is a requirement to keep the wood from warping due to prolonged exposure in water. Teak being a great wood used by the best craftsmen on ships of the line. It's a hard wood with tight grain and high tensile strength. Exactly what was needed for the most crucial part of their raft- the steering mechanism!

The Wolves at least gave them really good equipment to take a dangerous journey.
Nicky smiles as some of these fact about wood and ships come creeping up from deep in his memory. While he's never piloted a boat or been a part of a crew, he's talked with people that did those things.

A good memory popped in his brain.
Y'All might like this. I recall part of a sea shanty.
Nicky does a couple vocal exercises, and then taps his feet and drums his hands on the available wood as he starts to sing.

Come all you young fellers that follow the sea.
Yo ho blow the man down.
Now just pay attention and listen to me.
Give me some time to blow the man down.

Oh blow the man down, pirates, blow the man down.
Yo ho blow the man down.
Blow the man down, pirates, blow him right down.
Give me some time to blow the man down.

Where boys become green horns,
and Green Horns become mates.
If ya ain't into fishin' - Hell you're in the wrong place!
Give me some time to blow the man down.

Oh blow the man down, pirates, blow the man down.
Yo ho blow the man down.

We tinkers and tailors and sailors and all,
Yo ho blow the man down.
That sailed for good seaman aboard the Black Ball.
Give me some time to blow the man down.

He finishes the song, and ends the rhythm of the drum beats, and sounds of the river's waves lapping against the raft make a music of it's own.

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,412 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius (PF2) Gatewalkers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.