Kobolds of the Crowned King (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Handouts | Macros | Hero Points | Loot


51 to 100 of 734 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

NG Kobold Inv3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 19 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +8 | Perc: +8 [E] (darkvision) | Speed 25 | Default exploration: Investigate | Hero Points: 0 |

Another tactical error, Zyphlryx says simply, sizing up his options.

Devise a Stratagem: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Rationalizing that a direct attack would be fruitless at this time, he instead moves forward and scurries along the remains of the dam, moving past Kadosh in full anticipation that the pinkskin's words about not running are another lie.

Devise a Stratagem, Stride x2.


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

Broomzad moves closer. Pinkskin 1 laughs. What can ya do to me, a human, pathetic creature?

He moves back and fires off two arrows at Pepin!

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 1 = 17
1d6 ⇒ 4

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 - 5 = 4

Another arrow poked the chef's skin. It's not looking good for the cook… but all the kobolds are up and there is but one wretched Pinkskin left.

★★★
Boom! Round 3

Terrain: Water difficult terrain
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Zyphlryx (14/14 HP)
➤ Pepin le Beouf (3/13 HP)
➤ Kadosh (16/16 HP)
➤ Imperius (13/14 HP)
➤ Broomzad (16/16 HP)
Pinkskin 1 (-0 HP)


CG Kobold Ghost 2 | HP 26/26| AC 19 (+21 Nimble Dodge) | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7| Perc: +7 | | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

Broomzad moves into a flank and tries to finish off the chatty pinkskin.

Shortsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Shortsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 3


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

Broomzad goes for the kill!

Gak! The pinkskin falls with a shortsword in his back.

★★★
Save the Pinkskin!? Round 3

Terrain: Water difficult terrain
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Zyphlryx (14/14 HP)
➤ Pepin le Beouf (3/13 HP)
➤ Kadosh (16/16 HP)
➤ Imperius (13/14 HP)
Broomzad (16/16 HP)
Pinkskin 1 (-0 HP) │ Dying 1


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 63, AC 22, F +12, R +11, W +9 Half-orc thaumaturge 5

Kadosh watches for a second as the pinkskin bleeds out, then immediately starts looking for more. Where there's one pinkskin, there's four. And where there's four, there may be many more!

Seek x3 (I as a player don't expect there to be more, but that's what Kadosh is doing.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

Any Crit fails in there?:
Kadosh's Perception (E): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Kadosh's Perception (E): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Kadosh's Perception (E): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Sadly no :(

Kadosh looks and looks and looks, but fails to find any Pinkskins.

Of course, lack of evidence is not evidence of lack.


LN (he/him) kobold noble regalia thaumaturge 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 19 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light Vision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Searching Regally| Arsenic: 0/0, Centipede: 6/6. Potency Crystals: 2/2 | Active conditions:

Imperius moves up to the remaining pink skin, and nudges him with his foot. "Completely dead. Such a shame, but what do you expect out of such vermin?

He then starts patting them down for loose change and other valuables.


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

Imperius Rex's Medicine (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

The river flows anew… tinged with blood! You can already see several golden yummy fish swimming past.

Imperius stabilizes the last Pinkskin.

They each have a dagger, leather armor, shortbow (20 arrows), empty Moonshine bottle, and not enough food to last long in the woods.

What do you with the last Pinkskin?


Male Sorcerer 3 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +7 |Spells: Foc:1/1; 1: 4/4; 2:3/3 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: 1/1

"Before any of you provinciales ask, no I will not prepare this creature as a feast. They may be scum, but they are not to my taste."


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros
Pepin le Beouf wrote:
"Before any of you provinciales ask, no I will not prepare this creature as a feast. They may be scum, but they are not to my taste."

The human is so drunk he's practically pickled. No Galtan chef would stoop to something so low as Pinkskin sauerkraut.


LN (he/him) kobold noble regalia thaumaturge 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 19 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light Vision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Searching Regally| Arsenic: 0/0, Centipede: 6/6. Potency Crystals: 2/2 | Active conditions:

”Wait? Is he breathing again after I declared him dead? Such impunity!” snorts Imperius. ”Why, I should have him executed for that!”


Male HP 63, AC 22, F +12, R +11, W +9 Half-orc thaumaturge 5

"First we have to make sure he can't get away when he wakes up!" Kadosh says. He proceeds to hogtie the drunkard, making sure a noose around his neck connects to his ankles. He'll be fine if he doesn't try to go anywhere. If he does, he'll strangle himself. It's a simple enough trap, one that only he can trigger, if he's stupid.

Crafting (trained): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

Kadosh ties a wicked knot.

The man starts to groggily wake up… Whaaa…?"


LN (he/him) kobold noble regalia thaumaturge 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 19 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light Vision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Searching Regally| Arsenic: 0/0, Centipede: 6/6. Potency Crystals: 2/2 | Active conditions:

”Why were you pink skins damming up OUR river, depriving US of our shiny goldfish!” He stands over the hogtied man, scepter in hand. ”Quickly, lest our patience run dry!”

Intimidation: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

The drunk yanks on his bonnds and chokes Intimidaiton successful

The man babbles. "Whaddya mean 'why'?! What kinda idiotic question's that? Thuldrin said you lot're are dumb as dogs but I didn't think you were THAT dumb. This here's Lumber Consortium forest. Monsters ain't got a RIGHT to nothin' in this vale. Not the trout, not the water… nothin.'"

He pulls again, turning his face purple. "Gahhhh you're all dumb, ugly, monsters! I hope they wipe ya off the face of the earth. Go ahead… probably gonna eat me or whatever."


CG Kobold Ghost 2 | HP 26/26| AC 19 (+21 Nimble Dodge) | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7| Perc: +7 | | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

"This is why we kept one alive, to hear them blubber? Let's kill them all next time. Daylight's wasting."


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

"Thuldrin an' graywolf'll Kill ya all. That ain't no blubber, that's a promise."


Male Sorcerer 3 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +7 |Spells: Foc:1/1; 1: 4/4; 2:3/3 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: 1/1

"Pah. I doubt they have the skills. Why should we fear those cretins?"


Male Sorcerer 3 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +7 |Spells: Foc:1/1; 1: 4/4; 2:3/3 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: 1/1

Deception to get him talking: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male HP 63, AC 22, F +12, R +11, W +9 Half-orc thaumaturge 5

"What is Graywolf?" Kadosh asks in a menacing whisper.


NG Kobold Inv3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 19 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +8 | Perc: +8 [E] (darkvision) | Speed 25 | Default exploration: Investigate | Hero Points: 0 |

Designating Thuldrin and Graywolf as Zyphlryx's Leads to pursue.

And Thuldrin, Zyphlryx follows up. If your addled mind can form words, now would be an excellent time to use them, while you still have breath. Or else Broomzad here might just finish the job we started.

Good Cop via Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

He startles at kagosh's whisper, only choking himself more. Gah! The good cop/bad cop act pays off a bit.

Ya should fear them! Graywolf' is jus' what he sounds lie… a gray wolf. He's Thuldrin's best bud, and they want Kobold ears. Thuldrin's the camp boss.


LN (he/him) kobold noble regalia thaumaturge 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 19 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light Vision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Searching Regally| Arsenic: 0/0, Centipede: 6/6. Potency Crystals: 2/2 | Active conditions:

"Ah, so he's the one that put you up to damming OUR river?" asks Imperius, shoving his scepter into the face of the pink skin. "Maybe you should go tell this Thuldrin he has trespassed on Truly True Truescale territory, and that he will be called to justice."

Imperius looks very impressed with himself.

Then realizes what else has been said. "Kobold Ears? Kobold Ears? I guess I am setting a bounty on Thuldrin and grey wolf ears!" shrieks the gold-scaled kobold.


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

We're all daming it! This is logging land! We'll wipe you clean from it, you can't hide in your pathetic holes forever!


LN (he/him) kobold noble regalia thaumaturge 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 19 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light Vision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Searching Regally| Arsenic: 0/0, Centipede: 6/6. Potency Crystals: 2/2 | Active conditions:

Imperius stands up proud in his entire 3'6" of height. "Who's hiding? We're right here, mammal!"


NG Kobold Inv3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 19 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +8 | Perc: +8 [E] (darkvision) | Speed 25 | Default exploration: Investigate | Hero Points: 0 |

Zyphlryx looks about the river clearing in mock surprise. Oh, is this our pathetic hole? Nice and sunny if it is.

You almost have to admire humans on their predilection for ignoring every non-human species about. Almost.


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

Predi-what!?


LN (he/him) kobold noble regalia thaumaturge 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 19 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light Vision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Searching Regally| Arsenic: 0/0, Centipede: 6/6. Potency Crystals: 2/2 | Active conditions:

Imperius turns to Pepin. "You sure we can't roast him? Seems less intelligent than the average sheep we've hunted. And they are definitely herd animals."


Male HP 63, AC 22, F +12, R +11, W +9 Half-orc thaumaturge 5

Kadosh draws a claw across his neck, gesturing for them to dispatch this moron. If they let him go, they'll just have to fight him later -- and Thuldrun will know they're coming.

"Let's send the bodies down the river. They're superstitious and will think ghosts or chupacabras or something got them," he says. "Which will just make our job easier."


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

A moment later four bodies float down the river alongside some shiny fish. Blood and gold.

What next? Report to the Queen? reconnaissance? fishing?


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

You decide to scout around a bit. The wash of the river makes the tracks a little harder to pick up than normal… but also, these are stupid soft pinkskins so really how hard can it be!?

DC 14 Survival:
You find tracks leading to a small camp with tents. You can hear pinkskins moving about, talking about stupid pinkskin things, making lots of foolish noise.


Male Sorcerer 3 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +7 |Spells: Foc:1/1; 1: 4/4; 2:3/3 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: 1/1

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"Pinkskins up ahead. They have a camp."


Male Sorcerer 3 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +7 |Spells: Foc:1/1; 1: 4/4; 2:3/3 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: 1/1

"Maybe we should pull back and heal up a bit. I took a nasty wound in that fight."


CG Kobold Ghost 2 | HP 26/26| AC 19 (+21 Nimble Dodge) | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7| Perc: +7 | | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"They're so loud! I bet we could sneak up on them, no problem."


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

Not that interested in healing right now. You're not on a time limit. Broomzad and Zyphlryx can heal everyone to full.

There are about a dozen more pinkskins. Some of them look tougher than the others. There's a pile of lumber and tools near the tents. Likely these supplies are being used to block other areas of the river or some other local mischief. Map updated, we'll say the pile of building materials is the log on the bottom-right of the camp.

There are a couple guards lazily patrolling the camp, topping to drink from flasks or listlessly leaning on trees.


Male Sorcerer 3 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +7 |Spells: Foc:1/1; 1: 4/4; 2:3/3 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: 1/1

"Yes let's all sneak as close as we can get before they spot us, and then ambush these fools."


Male HP 63, AC 22, F +12, R +11, W +9 Half-orc thaumaturge 5

"Yessss!" Kadosh agrees, a violent gleam in his eye. He looks around to see if there's anything he can do to turn the building materials against their foes. "Do we have any poison?" he asks, mind spinning as he comes up with ways to kill the pinkskins.

Can we tell who look tougher? Also, is it day or night?


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros
Kadosh wrote:

"Yessss!" Kadosh agrees, a violent gleam in his eye. He looks around to see if there's anything he can do to turn the building materials against their foes. "Do we have any poison?" he asks, mind spinning as he comes up with ways to kill the pinkskins.

Can we tell who look tougher? Also, is it day or night?

5-8 look tougher.

You don't have enough poison of you but yu might be able to gather some diarrhea-inducing herbs from the forest and place it in their buckets of drinking water and bottles of ale. That would require a Nature check.

There may also be other things you can do to mess with them or weaken them before attacking.

It's a few hours to night, and they seem to be getting ready to camp so you have several hours if you choose.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Sorcerer 3 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +7 |Spells: Foc:1/1; 1: 4/4; 2:3/3 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: 1/1

"We could set some traps and scare them towards them with trickery in the night. Maybe it is time to build some spooky wisps? These dunces will take the bait!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN (he/him) kobold noble regalia thaumaturge 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 19 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light Vision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Searching Regally| Arsenic: 0/0, Centipede: 6/6. Potency Crystals: 2/2 | Active conditions:

"If we're going to take them out, we should use tactics other than brute force. Let's weaken them, make them puke their weak stomachs out. I don't know any poison recipes, yet, but I wager I can get some nasty stuff into their water and food."

He searches for some herbs and such that will make them sick.
Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Rerolling that

He comes back with some mushrooms and herbs that would definitely take out a kobold, and then realizes that he needed to take out humans. He then runs back into the woods, coming back with some more appropriate herbal toxins.
Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"These should do. Pepin, could you brew them up into a concoction that Broomzad can sneak into the their food?

"Kadosh, setting snares seems like a great idea. What do you have handy?"


CG Kobold Ghost 2 | HP 26/26| AC 19 (+21 Nimble Dodge) | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7| Perc: +7 | | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Broomzad also looks for some herbs to poison the pink skins.

"Leaves of three makes a great tea!" He chortles.


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

Imperius and Broomzad know the forest better than any pinkskins.

The regal kobold seems to have a plan, too. Let's do this. Pepin can craft or cooking lore to infuse the poison, while Kadosh sets snares (crafting), maybe Zyphlryx can use Quick Tincture to brew up some alchemical bmbs to light the tents or supples on fire). Then we need someone to sneak up and add the poison to their food or water and wait for the show to start.


NG Kobold Inv3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 19 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +8 | Perc: +8 [E] (darkvision) | Speed 25 | Default exploration: Investigate | Hero Points: 0 |

Zyphlryx has +5 in Stealth, but I suspect others are better. Happy to Quick Tincture stuff after getting close enough, though!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 63, AC 22, F +12, R +11, W +9 Half-orc thaumaturge 5

"Yesss!" Kadosh hisses, glad that his traps will dispose of the stupid pinkskins. Then he realizes he needs to get them much closer, because the stupid pinkskins aren't likely to come out into the darkness (so maybe they're not that stupid, because he plans to kill them in the dark).

Crafting (trained): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Or we'll use a Hero Point and reroll that.
Crafting (trained): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Sorcerer 3 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +7 |Spells: Foc:1/1; 1: 4/4; 2:3/3 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: 1/1

Cooking Lore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Hero Point: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Oh this undercooked centipede meat mixed in with their stew will have them WISHING they were dead."

And these cloth lanterns can double for our wisps in the woods when the time is right.

Deception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


LN (he/him) kobold noble regalia thaumaturge 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 19 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light Vision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Searching Regally| Arsenic: 0/0, Centipede: 6/6. Potency Crystals: 2/2 | Active conditions:

”Doing well. Also, when the time comes, I will lure them into Kadosh’s traps by luring the deluded mammals with the voice of a female pink skin sent for them. ”

When the time comes…

Without coming into direct sight of the camp, but from behind the snares, Imperius calls out, attempting to mimic a human woman’s voice, ”Hello boys! Who is ready for some fun?”

Deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male HP 63, AC 22, F +12, R +11, W +9 Half-orc thaumaturge 5

Kadosh hisses at Imperius' attempts. "You need pinkskin clothing to make it really work," he whispers to their leader.


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

Kadosh crafts traps, and pepin makes centipede meat to put into their stew while Zyphlryx.

Imperius sets up a genius and surely nothingn will go wrong. But before that someone needs to stealth in to poison the stew…


CG Kobold Ghost 2 | HP 26/26| AC 19 (+21 Nimble Dodge) | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7| Perc: +7 | | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

Broomzad, outwardly very serious about the task of poisoning but inwardly very gleeful, sneaks the concoction into the stew.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


LN (he/him) kobold noble regalia thaumaturge 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 19 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light Vision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Searching Regally| Arsenic: 0/0, Centipede: 6/6. Potency Crystals: 2/2 | Active conditions:
Kadosh wrote:
Kadosh hisses at Imperius' attempts. "You need pinkskin clothing to make it really work," he whispers to their leader.

"I don't plan to let them see me until it is too late." replies Imperius, not seeing the flaws in his plan.

51 to 100 of 734 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kobolds of the Crowned King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.