GM Mustaparta's Destiny of the Sands, Part I

Game Master Mustaparta


1 to 50 of 215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

#5-12 Destiny of the Sands

Venture-Captain Norden Balentiir shutters of the windows in his second-story office overlooking the lodge’s tranquil gardens and seats himself behind his writing desk. He nods and introduces a thin, aging Garundi man in an ornately bejeweled and feathered turban. “This is Amenopheus, the Sapphire Sage. I trust most of you know of him already. If you don’t, know that he has served both the Ruby Prince and the Pathfinder Society for many years, uncovering vast troves of lore from Ancient Osirion and mentoring some of our finest agents. He recently approached my colleagues and me with a request for assistance, and the Society has agreed to step up and aid its ally. The arrangement is, in fact, rather mutually beneficial.” He nods to Amenopheus, signaling the elder man to speak.

“Faithful servants of the past, I bid you greetings,” the wizened sage says with a shallow bow. “Our esteemed ruler, the Ruby Prince, recently released me from his service, which has freed me to learn more about a little-known organization to which I belong: the Jeweled Sages, protectors of Osirion’s history and chroniclers of its past glories. Quite by accident, I found myself initiated into this group, and have long believed myself to be its sole surviving member. Each sage in the group possesses a unique jewel —a priceless artifact that contains memories of Osirion’s golden age.” He pauses as if considering how to express his thoughts “For many years, I have sought news of any other members of the Jeweled Sages. My agents recently learned of the Diamond Sage, whom they traced to the city of Eto in the Osirian Desert. At the same time, I received word from a reliable source that several other jewels in the vicinity. I ask that you travel to Eto, negotiate with my contact in the city for his assistance, and then use what you learn to find the Diamond Sage and these lost jewels.” Venture-Captain Balentiir frowns and adds, “This contact has tried to remain anonymous, but we suspect he is none other than Grandmaster Torch. If you’ve heard of him —or worse, met him— you may know trading favors is his signature. Regardless of Torch’s past treacheries, we need you to deal with him fairly for the information. There is a caravan leaving for Eto in a few hours, so don’t delay.”

Post your introductions, any questions, purchases etc

Dark Archive

Female N Oracle (Spirit Guide, Lunar Mystery) 5 | Looks human but is an Aasimar; Outsider (Native) & Humanoid (human) | Darkvision 60ft | DR5/blud. 25/25 | HP 60/60 | Resistance 5 vs. Cold, Acid, Electr | Heavy horse HP 19/19 | Speed 30ft (50ft on horse) | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMD 9 | F: +8, R: +12, W: +6 | Init: +9 | Spells: 1st 8/8, 2nd 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0, Dipl.: +17, Bluff: +9 | Active conditions: Defending bone

Anastasia wanders around in the room absent-mindedly.

She walks with slow steps and is clearly weak and not the most agile woman … although she is clearly beautiful. Her warm green eyes and her brown hair show her heritage from somewhere in the Inner Sea Region.

When she looks at the VC and Amenopheus she has a questioning expression.

"Greetings to you. I’m Mina." says the beaming woman with a contagious smile.

“The Pathfinder Society believes that your problem Amenopheus is relevant enough to send us here so I’m not really concerned that this is beyond our abilities!“

She is wearing a mithral chain shirt and a small buckler is attached to her left arm. She also carries a backpack.

She really has a natural presence when she smiles at you all.

“What dangers do you believe that we will face? What else do you know about the sages? My friend is outside but I’m sure we’ll need his protection as well when we go on this mission.“

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 5 HP 27, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +3, R +3, W +6 Init +6, Perc +12

will post later...


Male N Medium Magical Beast | Animal Companion 5 (Air Elemental Companion Archetype) | DR 5/Evil | Resist Cold, Acid & Electricity 10 | Spell Resistance 10 | HP 36/37 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +5 | CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +8 (no Evasion), W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6 | Smite 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Scent | Darkvision 60ft | Low-light vision | Active conditions: None

Mina looks out of the window and points at a large cat with a silver aura after mentioning her ‘friend’.

This powerful feline predator moves with a deadly grace, its white-silvery fur is slashed with black stripes.

Kn planes DC 15 :

This Tiger has a celestial touch!
It has the Celestial template on top of being an animal companion.

The Celestial Tiger potentially hails from or has a strong connection to the good-aligned planes.

“Grooooaaarrrrr!!!“ roars the Tiger and is clearly looking at Mina.

The Concordance

Male Human (Ulfen) Arcanist 4 (Blood Arcanist) | HP: 18/18 | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | Fort 2, Ref +3, Will +5 | init +5, Perception +3 | Active Effects: None

An ulfen man dressed in travelling robes with a desert scarf draped loosely around his neck listens intently, Fascinating, I know of Torch, but don't know him directly. Another caravan through the desert eh? the raven on his shoulder looks uninterested in the conversation until the Jeweled sages are mentioned, and then keenly pays attention.

Sczarni

Male Half-Elf Fighter (Two-Handed Fighter) 4 HP44/44 | AC22 T12 F21 CMD20+ | Percep+1 Low-Light | F+7 R+2 W+0 | CMB+8 | 20' | Init+3

The thuggish half-elf sits quietly while the Venture-Captain and Sapphire Sage say their peace. "So, I'm simply insurance this time, at least for now. No problem. I'll stay out of the way until I'm needed. For some reason, I'm always needed."

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager 4 |Buffs:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 11/15 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 2/2
| HP 43/43 | AC 19 T 14 FF 17|Uncanny Dodge| CMB+8 CMD 20| F +9 R +6 W +3, +5 vs Poison|INIT +9|PER +11 Darkvision 60', SM-1| Speed 30'|

A well muscled and stately young woman turns around and nods at the half-elf warrior. Her long golden hair pools around the nape of her neck and her crystal blue eyes sparkle with excitement at the adventure to come.

"I understand exactly what you mean. Well, if we are going to be in the desert we should prepare for it."

"Everyone should have enough water and perhaps magical protection against the elements as well if possible."


Green Sting Scorpion Bloodline Familiar (Arcane)(Emissary)
Resources:
Bit of Luck 1/1, Share Will 1/1
| HP 21/21 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17| CMB +5 CMD 11 (23 vs trip) | F +4 R +5 W +1 Improved Evasion| PER +11 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' |Acrobatics +9 Climb +11 Stealth +15 Swim +7|

A bizarre but very friendly looking scorpion rests on Rogarch's shoulder. He is extremely excited to see the party assembled and waves at everyone in greeting.

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 5 HP 27, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +3, R +3, W +6 Init +6, Perc +12

A young woman saunters in to the meeting. She takes off her silk scarf to reveal bright red hair and freckles across her nose. She puffs and blows a few stray hairs out of her face. Her face almost glows when she sees a couple of familiar faces.

Willard! So glad to see you again! Any word of Cevril and Mr Dumpling? I miss that little fellow. Rogarch! Good to have you along as well! she then calms down and sees the others and greets them.

I'm Carlin, nice to meet you both... she says, still a bit excited.

After the briefing, she groans and sags her shoulders.

The desert again? Just because I was born in Qadira doesn't mean I like the sand...gets everywhere...ugh! I have us covered for protection from the elements...unless we are out for an extended period of time. Water and proper clothing are the keys...trust me...

got a wand of endure elements with 32 charges left...might be enough...making decision for gear nw...

Silver Crusade

#5-12 Destiny of the Sands
Mina Asal wrote:


“What dangers do you believe that we will face? What else do you know about the sages? My friend is outside but I’m sure we’ll need his protection as well when we go on this mission.“

"Desert holds many dangers for adventurers, like dehydration and various monsters. As some of you pointed out, make sure you have enough supplies for travel lasting several days at least. Very little is known of these Sages. Amenopheus knows more than I do." Balentiir glances at the Sage who continues "Sorry to let you down, I don't have any special information about these sages. Nearly a century ago, a magical sapphire accepted me as its inheritor, imparting long-lost secrets of Osirion’s past, but these memories are incomplete. Hard work has paid off and my agents have located Diamond sage's residence to near city of Eto."

The Concordance

Male Human (Ulfen) Arcanist 4 (Blood Arcanist) | HP: 18/18 | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | Fort 2, Ref +3, Will +5 | init +5, Perception +3 | Active Effects: None

Willard shakes his head at Carlin, No I haven't seen the bear/dog in quite some time! I've also got a wand of endure elements for the desert specifically. I do speak and read the languages of Orisiani if that helps. he listens to Balentiir, So we're off to Eto?

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager 4 |Buffs:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 11/15 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 2/2
| HP 43/43 | AC 19 T 14 FF 17|Uncanny Dodge| CMB+8 CMD 20| F +9 R +6 W +3, +5 vs Poison|INIT +9|PER +11 Darkvision 60', SM-1| Speed 30'|

The Bloodrager smiles as she sees Carlin.

"Nice to see a familiar face."

Rogarch picks up another water skin and four days of rations to start as well as two scrolls of Endure Elements.

I have added the equipment and deducted the gold already from what my character has on hand.

"We might wish to purchase scrolls of Create Water as well unless someone here can summon water?

@Mustaparta- I am going to assume that my scorpion familiar should be just fine in the hot desert as that is his native environment. :)

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 5 HP 27, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +3, R +3, W +6 Init +6, Perc +12

i'll spring fr a wand of create water...Mina is an oracle...she can use it without a UMD roll...

Definitely water...and anti toxin... Carlin says as she rifles through her pack for what she might need to buy.

getting a wand of Create water, a traveler's anytool and one more antitoxin...already have hot weather gear...

Sczarni

Male Half-Elf Fighter (Two-Handed Fighter) 4 HP44/44 | AC22 T12 F21 CMD20+ | Percep+1 Low-Light | F+7 R+2 W+0 | CMB+8 | 20' | Init+3

"I don't have enough cash to purchase another Wand of Endure Elements, so I'll have to settle for some scrolls as well. With that magic, wearing Hot Weather gear shouldn't matter, should it? I should probably get some additional water skins. At least two full skins per day per adult. If we have a container to hold the water from the wand, we should easily be able to refill our skins each night. And rations, of course. Anything else important I'm forgetting?"

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 5 HP 27, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +3, R +3, W +6 Init +6, Perc +12

Only if we are out for an extended period of time...but since I don't wear armour, I'll have it on... Carlin says as she repacks her gear.

adding a pair of waterskins and 5 days food...good thing i have a bag of holding...8 STR isn't much...

Dark Archive

Female N Oracle (Spirit Guide, Lunar Mystery) 5 | Looks human but is an Aasimar; Outsider (Native) & Humanoid (human) | Darkvision 60ft | DR5/blud. 25/25 | HP 60/60 | Resistance 5 vs. Cold, Acid, Electr | Heavy horse HP 19/19 | Speed 30ft (50ft on horse) | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMD 9 | F: +8, R: +12, W: +6 | Init: +9 | Spells: 1st 8/8, 2nd 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0, Dipl.: +17, Bluff: +9 | Active conditions: Defending bone

"Well, then let us go! We will surely be okay." Mina says and she takes off her gloves which suddenly show withered and blackened hands that kind of awkwardly hang down.

“Just so you know ... I cannot fight any physical battles ... my injuries are hard to overcome. But my companion Babr will surely fight in my stead!“

The Concordance

Male Human (Ulfen) Arcanist 4 (Blood Arcanist) | HP: 18/18 | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | Fort 2, Ref +3, Will +5 | init +5, Perception +3 | Active Effects: None

Worry not Thearor, I can certainly cover you with my wand we'll have enough for several weeks if nothing else... Willard offers.

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 5 HP 27, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +3, R +3, W +6 Init +6, Perc +12

I think Rogarch and Thearor here can handle the up close and personal stuff. I'm not one for that kind of thing..I like to stay back and blast away.... the firebrand says as a few sparks dance on her fingertips.

Sczarni

Male Half-Elf Fighter (Two-Handed Fighter) 4 HP44/44 | AC22 T12 F21 CMD20+ | Percep+1 Low-Light | F+7 R+2 W+0 | CMB+8 | 20' | Init+3

"Thank you, Willard. I hope we won't be that long."

As Carlin makes her combat comment, the half-elf just smiles.

Heh. Never bought a basic class kit. MW Backpack, 2 waterskins, rations, and a bedroll.

The Concordance

Male Human (Ulfen) Arcanist 4 (Blood Arcanist) | HP: 18/18 | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | Fort 2, Ref +3, Will +5 | init +5, Perception +3 | Active Effects: None

Willard confers with Carlin, and immediately sets to studying his spellbook, adjusting for the fiery sorcerer's abilities so that he may complement her skills.

Spell list updated, purchased 2 acid flasks

Silver Crusade

#5-12 Destiny of the Sands

Before you leave Amenopheus pulls a weathered stone from his robes and strikes it once against the wall to break the stone into two crystalline geode halves. He hands one piece to you, instructing, “If you find one of the jewels of my order or the person known as the Diamond Sage, I ask that you contact me. Concentrate on the stone and speak a message of a few dozen words. I will hear you and respond with further instructions. It will only work once, so keep it safe.”

-----

Venture-Captain Balentiir has arranged for your travel to Eto as part of a trade caravan of heavily laden camels, and he pays for the cost of their travel. The journey overland is uneventful.

The immense rock walls that ring Eto rise from the horizon like a shimmering mirage that gradually sharpens into focus. The city sits inside an elevated crater with sheer, weathered sides broken only in two places by heavily guarded gates. Long lines of caravans wait in a meandering queue awaiting entrance as officials search their cargos for contraband and calculate taxes. Water sellers, food vendors, and guides march up and down the lines peddling their wares and services to the visitors. Beyond the gates, the main thoroughfares fan out around the various districts of the city before dwindling into the dozens of pathways that flow through the bazaar like the delta of the great River Sphinx.

Customs agent Mahu, whose graying beard and tired eyes suggest he’s seen it all and heard every excuse at least a few dozen times, greets you at the city gates. "Greetings travelers, I am Mahu and I need to inspect your gear. Also I'd like to know where are you coming from?"

If you want to hide items, make a Sleight of hand roll.

The Concordance

Male Human (Ulfen) Arcanist 4 (Blood Arcanist) | HP: 18/18 | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | Fort 2, Ref +3, Will +5 | init +5, Perception +3 | Active Effects: None

Willard greets the customs agent, Originally, Kalsgard Mahu. Lately many places, what in particular are you seeking out? I have many personal items which could be dangerous to the uninitiated.

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 5 HP 27, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +3, R +3, W +6 Init +6, Perc +12

Carlin nods to Amenophus when he instructs them on how to use the stone.

One shot only...got it..... She then takes leave to change into her hot weather clothing. When she returns she's covered in white linen with accents of red and orange silk and tassles. A parasol and a scarf complete her traveling outfit.

At the gates of Eto...

Good day, Mahu. I'm from Katheer, but I assume you mean when we started on this trip. Absolom....I assume...wasn't 100% clear where we were...

Dark Archive

Female N Oracle (Spirit Guide, Lunar Mystery) 5 | Looks human but is an Aasimar; Outsider (Native) & Humanoid (human) | Darkvision 60ft | DR5/blud. 25/25 | HP 60/60 | Resistance 5 vs. Cold, Acid, Electr | Heavy horse HP 19/19 | Speed 30ft (50ft on horse) | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMD 9 | F: +8, R: +12, W: +6 | Init: +9 | Spells: 1st 8/8, 2nd 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0, Dipl.: +17, Bluff: +9 | Active conditions: Defending bone

Mina stats in the back with Babr.

Don’t have sleight of hand but I would like to know which items would potentially be illegal here if possible GM:

kn local : 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager 4 |Buffs:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 11/15 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 2/2
| HP 43/43 | AC 19 T 14 FF 17|Uncanny Dodge| CMB+8 CMD 20| F +9 R +6 W +3, +5 vs Poison|INIT +9|PER +11 Darkvision 60', SM-1| Speed 30'|

"Indeed we are not from these parts so we are not accustomed to your ways and what is allowed in your city or not. If you let us know we can help facilitate your search."

"To answer your original question I hail from Icestair but more recently our party assembled in Absalom as my colleague pointed out."

Sczarni

Male Half-Elf Fighter (Two-Handed Fighter) 4 HP44/44 | AC22 T12 F21 CMD20+ | Percep+1 Low-Light | F+7 R+2 W+0 | CMB+8 | 20' | Init+3

"Hello, Mahu. I am armed and armored for my role as a guard. You should find nothing unexpected in my equipment. I have been accompanying this group since Absalom."

Thearor submits both himself and his gear for inspection with no hesitation.

Silver Crusade

#5-12 Destiny of the Sands
Mina Asal wrote:

Mina stats in the back with Babr.

Don’t have sleight of hand but I would like to know which items would potentially be illegal here if possible GM:

Mina knows that customs agents ensure that no one brings dangerous contraband (such as certain drugs, large quantities of explosives, etc.) into the city. They further confirm that all Osirian relics are documented and taxed; the opening of Osirion to treasure-hunters by the Ruby Prince’s decree stimulates the economy, but the Ministry of Culture ensures that the kingdom receives a cut of all finds and withholds artifacts of special importance.

"Absalom is a nice city. What brings you to Eto? Do you plan to stay for long?" he asks

You can make impression with stories of your travels. Roll diplomacy DC 21 to improve his attitude

Dark Archive

Female N Oracle (Spirit Guide, Lunar Mystery) 5 | Looks human but is an Aasimar; Outsider (Native) & Humanoid (human) | Darkvision 60ft | DR5/blud. 25/25 | HP 60/60 | Resistance 5 vs. Cold, Acid, Electr | Heavy horse HP 19/19 | Speed 30ft (50ft on horse) | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMD 9 | F: +8, R: +12, W: +6 | Init: +9 | Spells: 1st 8/8, 2nd 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0, Dipl.: +17, Bluff: +9 | Active conditions: Defending bone

Mina is relieved as she does not believe that anyone has such items. She
starts to tell the man more about their travels and her upbringing with the dwarves of the five king mountains.

“You really should travel one day! Maybe you have time after duty and we can have a drink together and tell each other stories!!“ she says with beaming eyes.

diplomacy : 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager 4 |Buffs:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 11/15 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 2/2
| HP 43/43 | AC 19 T 14 FF 17|Uncanny Dodge| CMB+8 CMD 20| F +9 R +6 W +3, +5 vs Poison|INIT +9|PER +11 Darkvision 60', SM-1| Speed 30'|

"We all have different stories to tell. Carlin and I have just returned from a trip to the under dark. We fought and destroyed these strange creatures that can steal all the light from a room. Interesting times.

Aid to Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 5 HP 27, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +3, R +3, W +6 Init +6, Perc +12

Interesting is putting it mildly...not a fan of those...things.... Carlin says, trying to repress a shudder.

We're not likely to be staying long...a few days at most, I imagine. Now..Mahu...where does one go here in Eto to get the best coffee and pastries? Can't start a day off right without eating a good meal...

auto aid diplomacy...not that it will matter with that roll...lol

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +4, CMD 12 | Init -4 | Perception +10, -4 Opposed, Auto Fail Hearing | F +3, R +8, W +5 (+11 vs. Mind Effect) | Focused Trance 2/3 | Natural Divination 1/2 | Spells: 5/7 1st, 4/5 2nd|

"Carlin! Hello!"

A deeply tanned Garundi woman wearing sturdy traveling clothes, a breastplate, a full backpack, a wide brimmed hat and a very nice pair of spectacles waves to the group as she jogs over, slightly winded.

"Whew! Its good to see you again, Carlin. Sorry everyone for being so late. My name is Katswiri, and I was supposed to be part of the initial team for the mission, but there was a mixup in my travel plans and I ended up getting briefed separately. I had to make my own way here, I'm glad I was able to catch up."

Due to traveling through the desert, Katswiri will have cast Endure Elements on herself.

She slings her backpack off her shoulder to hand to the customs official. Her eyes seem to dart around, looking at each person's face briefly before moving on in a cycle. "My pack is magical, so you'll want to empty it for the search. Please let me repack it afterwards; I have things in specific compartments for weight and organization."

Inside, there are a wide variety of goods; a small library of 13 books, an assortment of magical scrolls, some climbing equipment and other assorted supplies.

Basically, everything marked as in her pack on her shere: Inventory . Hope there isn't any trouble jumping in here, sorry I missed the start!

Silver Crusade

#5-12 Destiny of the Sands

Mahu is heartened by Mina's stories and shares his own travel stories.
Attitude improved to friendly

"But what's this? Somekind magical artifact?" he asks while inspecting crystalline geode Amenopheus gave to you "I have to know its source as it seems to be of Osirian origin, which means I have to levy a tariff on it." He can be convinced that the stone is mundane by using Bluff, request that he overlook the stone as a favor by using Diplomacy (treat this as requesting complicated aid), or possibly employ other skills or methods to downplay the stone’s importance.

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager 4 |Buffs:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 11/15 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 2/2
| HP 43/43 | AC 19 T 14 FF 17|Uncanny Dodge| CMB+8 CMD 20| F +9 R +6 W +3, +5 vs Poison|INIT +9|PER +11 Darkvision 60', SM-1| Speed 30'|

I think perhaps we should go with Diplomacy here as his attitude has improved to friendly and Mina's modifier is so high. :)

Rogarch waits for Mina to take the lead in the discussion but does her best to help out.

Diplomacy, Aid to Mina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

"My understanding is that it is a one use only item so it is probably not that significant an item."

Sczarni

Male Half-Elf Fighter (Two-Handed Fighter) 4 HP44/44 | AC22 T12 F21 CMD20+ | Percep+1 Low-Light | F+7 R+2 W+0 | CMB+8 | 20' | Init+3

Speaking before he thinks, Thearor tries to help.

"It can't be an artifact, we watched a man make it and hand us the piece she carries."

Diplomacy to Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Female N Oracle (Spirit Guide, Lunar Mystery) 5 | Looks human but is an Aasimar; Outsider (Native) & Humanoid (human) | Darkvision 60ft | DR5/blud. 25/25 | HP 60/60 | Resistance 5 vs. Cold, Acid, Electr | Heavy horse HP 19/19 | Speed 30ft (50ft on horse) | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMD 9 | F: +8, R: +12, W: +6 | Init: +9 | Spells: 1st 8/8, 2nd 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0, Dipl.: +17, Bluff: +9 | Active conditions: Defending bone

Mina looks at Rogarch and Thearor and smiles at the border agent.

“You are such a kind soul. Please this is a memory to one of our masters and worthless as my companions already stated. Can we please leave it in our hands?“ she says with kind eyes.

diplomacy, aid +2 : 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 2 = 29

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 5 HP 27, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +3, R +3, W +6 Init +6, Perc +12

Artifact? A memento is all it is...[ooc]auto aid diplomacy...]/ooc]

Silver Crusade

#5-12 Destiny of the Sands

"All right, it didn't seem that important anyway. Have a pleasant stay in our city and if you need any assistance, feel free to ask me." Mahu gives you directions to bazaar and local restaurants

You now have a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Knowledge (local) checks to gather information in Eto.

The House of the White Uraeus is a two-story, whitewashed stone structure located in one of Eto’s more upscale districts. A large brass plaque above its door depicts a snake with two “necks” that split from its body, each with its own head. The servants that manage the inn wear immaculately clean clothing and maintain a quiet but cheerful facility. Although Grandmaster Torch is nowhere to be seen, one of his half-orc bodyguards sits in the common area and constantly scans the room. He stands and approaches you as you arrive, looks them over, and with a grunt waves for them to follow him further into the building to where Grandmaster Torch awaits.

Although its exterior is unassuming, the interior of the White Uraeus is richly decorated with panels of gold-veined marble and bubbling fountains in secluded courtyards. Cool breezes carry the scent of blooming desert flowers throughout the clean halls. Two half-orcs keep watch outside one set of closed doors.
After a moment inspecting the visitors, they pull open the doors to reveal a tiled bathing chamber beyond. “Welcome to Eto, Pathfinders,” rasps Grandmaster Torch as he lounges in a steaming tub. “I didn’t imagine we would meet again under such heart-warming circumstances, yet the White Uraeus certainly knows how to make a traveler comfortable. What can a humble secret monger such as I do for you?” he asks as he leans forward in the tub and flashes a knowing smile.

The Concordance

Male Human (Ulfen) Arcanist 4 (Blood Arcanist) | HP: 18/18 | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | Fort 2, Ref +3, Will +5 | init +5, Perception +3 | Active Effects: None

Willard bows to the scarred man, Greetings! Venture-Captain Balentiir has sent us here to gather information on and meet the Diamond Sage, even more ideally to locate the gems in question, and return quickly. he states the matter in a factual manner, knowing full well that trying to deceive Torch will only end in him embarrassing them.

Sczarni

Male Half-Elf Fighter (Two-Handed Fighter) 4 HP44/44 | AC22 T12 F21 CMD20+ | Percep+1 Low-Light | F+7 R+2 W+0 | CMB+8 | 20' | Init+3

"Also said something about all the information obviously coming from you, so, can we skip the games where you try to convince us you have no idea what we're talking about? Please?"

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 5 HP 27, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +3, R +3, W +6 Init +6, Perc +12

We'll keep it short..but it is as Willard and Thearor have said. We were sent to gather some information. Carlin says flatly, her usually upbeat demeanor gone, replaced my a matter of fact tone and manner.

The Exchange

Female NG Half-Orc Bloodrager 4 |Buffs:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1 Rage 11/15 Scabbard of Vigor 1/1| Spells 1st: 2/2
| HP 43/43 | AC 19 T 14 FF 17|Uncanny Dodge| CMB+8 CMD 20| F +9 R +6 W +3, +5 vs Poison|INIT +9|PER +11 Darkvision 60', SM-1| Speed 30'|

Rogarch just stands guard at this point. There is no need for yet another voice to tell essentially the same story.

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +4, CMD 12 | Init -4 | Perception +10, -4 Opposed, Auto Fail Hearing | F +3, R +8, W +5 (+11 vs. Mind Effect) | Focused Trance 2/3 | Natural Divination 1/2 | Spells: 5/7 1st, 4/5 2nd|

Katswiri looks curiously at her companion's reactions to meeting Torch before chiming in. "And we are, of course, willing to bargain for your information." She bows slightly towards Torch. "Greeting, Grandmaster Torch. I am Katswiri, as you may already know. I have bargained with your associates before, but I believe this is the first time we have met in person."

Silver Crusade

#5-12 Destiny of the Sands

“Amenopheus may have overlooked the fact that he owed me several favors before I ever asked for his help, but I don’t mind extending a discount to repeat customers,” he remarks with a rasping chuckle as he snaps his fingers to summon one of his bodyguards, who arrives carrying a folded piece of paper. “Let’s see what’s on today’s schedule,” he murmurs as he examines the paper’s contents. “Yes, all of this will do. Consider this my price—all of these tasks completed to my satisfaction in return for what I know of the sages’ jewels. Do we have a deal?” He holds out the paper for you to review.

Handout on slide 3 Link to slides

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +4, CMD 12 | Init -4 | Perception +10, -4 Opposed, Auto Fail Hearing | F +3, R +8, W +5 (+11 vs. Mind Effect) | Focused Trance 2/3 | Natural Divination 1/2 | Spells: 5/7 1st, 4/5 2nd|

Katswiri takes the paper, looking it over before passing it to her companions to review.

"Interesting. This seems viable to me, though I have some clarifying questions. First, do you have a specfic time frame in mind? Do you need all of these completed today, or would two or more days suffice?"

"For the first task, could you elaborate on what you mean by 'suspecting anything is amiss'? And, perhaps, what you intend to accomplish with this? It is a bit of a strange request."

"The second one seems clear enough to me, but for the third task, are you willing to offer her anything in trade for her secrets, or are we expected to provide the whole means of persuasion ourselves?"

"For the fourth task, if the message is only for you, do you want us to take steps to avoid learning its contents ourselves, or is acceptable for us to pass it along as your representatives?"

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 5 HP 27, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +3, R +3, W +6 Init +6, Perc +12

Carlin's nose wrinkles as she reads the script.

For the third one, would you have us broker an...arrangement between you two..or just make her scheme known to the authorities. And echoing Kat's comments on the last...we are your messengers, right?

Sczarni

Male Half-Elf Fighter (Two-Handed Fighter) 4 HP44/44 | AC22 T12 F21 CMD20+ | Percep+1 Low-Light | F+7 R+2 W+0 | CMB+8 | 20' | Init+3

"He clearly wants us to thug a couple of these. Old hat."

Silver Crusade

#5-12 Destiny of the Sands

"Take your time, two or three days ain't too much for me. When you have completed the first task, Lozar must not notice anything out of ordinary. Ultimate purpose of what this accomplishes is both confidential and complicated. I'm hoping you can accomplish the third task using your own ingenuity. My intention was to merely threaten revealing her secret, not actually doing it. And yes, you are my messengers so I don't care if you learn the message."

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +4, CMD 12 | Init -4 | Perception +10, -4 Opposed, Auto Fail Hearing | F +3, R +8, W +5 (+11 vs. Mind Effect) | Focused Trance 2/3 | Natural Divination 1/2 | Spells: 5/7 1st, 4/5 2nd|

"Understood. If we could have the book we're supposed to place in Lozar's belongings, I think that covers most of what I was concerned about. I expect we should be able to take on these tasks."

Katswiri turns to her companions. "Does anyone else have any questions, or shall we get started?"

Dark Archive

Female N Oracle (Spirit Guide, Lunar Mystery) 5 | Looks human but is an Aasimar; Outsider (Native) & Humanoid (human) | Darkvision 60ft | DR5/blud. 25/25 | HP 60/60 | Resistance 5 vs. Cold, Acid, Electr | Heavy horse HP 19/19 | Speed 30ft (50ft on horse) | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMD 9 | F: +8, R: +12, W: +6 | Init: +9 | Spells: 1st 8/8, 2nd 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0, Dipl.: +17, Bluff: +9 | Active conditions: Defending bone

"Is it possible that we face specific dangers along the way? Might others want to achieve the same goals?" she asks.

sense motive on Torch : 1d20 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 5 HP 27, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +3, R +3, W +6 Init +6, Perc +12

Nope...we'll figure out how to get these done on the way...anyone know a good sleight of hand expert? Might need one for the book plant...although....hmm... Carlin says as she starts formulating a plan.

1 to 50 of 215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Destiny of the Sands, Part I: A Bitter Bargain All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.