[SFS] 1-26 Truth of the Seeker (II) (Inactive)

Game Master Kludde

----
Opening Crawl
---
Maps and handouts
RPG Chronicles Link
---
Idari
---


51 to 100 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 5 | SP 11/55 | HP 40/41 | RP 5/6 | EP 0 | EAC 18 KAC 20; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +2; resist fire 5; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +8; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Reroll used | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

Chrysanthemum isn't sure what she would need the tea for, but will purchase a box for posterity's sake in nothing else. She trails along after the group to the monastery.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

As a Battleflower, Chrysanthemum is used to waiting in silence. She bows to the Elder and to the space as she enters, removes her shoes, and kneels comfortably at the edge of the chamber. In moments, she enters a meditative state, breathing easily as she waits with the patience of a stone.

Wayfinders

Male NG halfling mystic 4 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 Starlight form 4/4 | Spells: L1 3/4 L2 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Alsuka, thank you for your hospitality and advice. It was an honor to meet with you.

Velorum will ignore anything that might be deemed a slight from the younger Kasathas, as all youth can be very impetuous.

He will do whatever it takes to show respect to this place (remove shoes, bow, only sit if permitted, etc.) and quietly contemplate while waiting for the Elder.


|Happy rabbit day | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet |

Tokno and Rilynn gets an unusual vibe from the acolytes leading them in, as if they absolutely don't want the party to be here...

----

The kasathan master keeps his eyes closed, but does seem to be aware of the group entering, as evidenced by him uttering a brief Have a seat, or remain standing if you prefer in a soft voice. He then resumes meditation, remaining still for another few minutes. The kasatha master then raises his wizened hand and points.

Without opening his eyes, he asks, "Light or Darkness?"

Acquisitives

Male CG Gnome (feychild) Icon Envoy 5/Mystic 1 (xenodruid) | portrait | SP 18/48, HP 40/40, RP 9/9 | Speed 30 ft | EAC 20, KAC 20| Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8; +2 vs. despair, fear, illusions; resist cold 5, fire 5 | Init +3; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +10 | Spells: 3/3 x 1st | Active conditions: 4 Int damage | Reroll used

"Light," Tokno replies with hardly any hesitation. "Light allows me to see my choices clearly."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Medium Lashunta Damaya Envoy 4 | ST:24/24 HP:28/28 RP:5/5| EAC 17; KAC 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +6 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

Chadrah sits as directed, taking this chance to try the meditation herself while they wait. When asked, she nods with an approvingly hum to Tokno's response.

do we need a response each?

Wayfinders

Male NG halfling mystic 4 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 Starlight form 4/4 | Spells: L1 3/4 L2 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Light feeds the plant world which is the basis for all the cycles of Life. Light is Life. Velorum answers.

Advocates

female CG stellifera envoy 5 | SP 30/30 HP 34/34 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6+1d6+1 | Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft. | Active conditions: None.

<Although I come from the depths of the sea, the light still reaches my home.>


|Happy rabbit day | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet |

Boojan contemplates the answer for a moment, nods at Toknomicon, and says, “Yes, the stellar energy which supports life. Flame both brings life and destroys it. One aspect; two sides of the Cycle.”

The master opens his eyes, and finally addresses the group. Welcome to the pradulex monastery. Have you come here to contemplate the cycle?

You may answer the master, and roll a culture or diplomacy check to see how well your current knowledge of kasathan etiquette translates. The highest result among you counts - feel free to aid another instead of rolling yourself

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Medium Lashunta Damaya Envoy 4 | ST:24/24 HP:28/28 RP:5/5| EAC 17; KAC 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +6 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

Chadrah will aid Tokno with her Diplomacy.

"Thank you for receiving us, Master Boojan. We apologize the interruption of your meditation. We come in the name of the Starfinder Society, in search of one of our leaders, First Seeker Jadnura. Miss Alsuka was kind enough to point us in the direction of the temple and your guidance to find him."

Diplomacy Aid Another to Tokno +2: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 10 + (3) = 24

Advocates

female CG stellifera envoy 5 | SP 30/30 HP 34/34 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6+1d6+1 | Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft. | Active conditions: None.

As third-best diplomat here, I will auto-aid Tokno.

Acquisitives

Male CG Gnome (feychild) Icon Envoy 5/Mystic 1 (xenodruid) | portrait | SP 18/48, HP 40/40, RP 9/9 | Speed 30 ft | EAC 20, KAC 20| Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8; +2 vs. despair, fear, illusions; resist cold 5, fire 5 | Init +3; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +10 | Spells: 3/3 x 1st | Active conditions: 4 Int damage | Reroll used

Diplomacy + expertise: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 15 + (3) + 1 = 38 (Not counting aids)

"As Chadrah says, our primary objective is to speak with Jadnura," Tokno replies with polite deference. "The Society has need of his experience and wisdom to help us navigate the trials we still face. We seek...renewed balance, with his help, and yours."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Medium Lashunta Damaya Envoy 4 | ST:24/24 HP:28/28 RP:5/5| EAC 17; KAC 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +6 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

hotdamn.gif

Dataphiles

F Lashunta Technomancer (3), Operative (1) | HP:25/25 SP:21/21 RP:3/5 | EAC:14 KAC:14 BAB:+2 INIT:+1 PER:+8 | F+1 R+4 W+4 | 1st Lvl Spells: 0/5+1 | Living Staff, Tactical +3/1d6+4 B | Boons: Envar's Gift, Dream Whispers, High Society Influence

Sweet!

Rilynn smiles politely.

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Advocates

female CG stellifera envoy 5 | SP 30/30 HP 34/34 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6+1d6+1 | Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft. | Active conditions: None.

Right, operative. Fourth best...

Wayfinders

Male NG halfling mystic 4 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 Starlight form 4/4 | Spells: L1 3/4 L2 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

OK Then

Velorum can't think of much to add, but mumbles something.

Diplomacy to Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


|Happy rabbit day | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet |

So with aid anothers, that makes 46 on the roll. With bonuses from previous encounters and your roleplaying that gets raised to 52. Not bad, you might just about have eked out a success there :-P

So many interweaved timelines of cause and effect. The light forces create and destroy, the gravity forces destroy and create. Here we converge as the sum of our pasts, in a single point. Every such point is a reset, leading to infinite future possibilities. What timelines will you travel? Boojan asks ponderously, before dismissing the trio of acolytes.

Your friend Jadnura he says once the acolytes have left, found no solace in this place. He meditated here, but he was full of momentum and could not find his position in space. That's when his timeline crossed that of Kahir, captain of the void scholar, who reported on the imminent collision of a distant star with a black hole. I suggested to bring my acolytes, so they could witness the balance between light and gravity, but Jadnura requested time to view the event in seclusion, thus being able to re-center his position and form a new event horizon for himself. I saw the curvature in space-time he was feeling, so I granted his request.

The master gets up and walks to a control panel in the side of the room. He activates it, and after a short while manages to bring up a holographic kasathan aboard a ship bridge, who introduces himself as captain Kahir.

The resulting exchange of pleasantries is mercifully short in comparison with the various exchanges on the Idari. When the topic turns to Jadnura, the captain says Yes, Jadnura. I was just about to travel in his direction to check up on him. I can offer the space on my ship to travel there - meet me at the crucibles if you prefer to discuss further.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Medium Lashunta Damaya Envoy 4 | ST:24/24 HP:28/28 RP:5/5| EAC 17; KAC 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +6 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

Chadrah... she's not good at mysticism. Still, she nods and thanks the elder for his help in guiding them to Jadnura.

"Thank you for your knowledge and insight. If you ever need the assistance of the Starfinder, I'm sure they would be happy to oblige. Going to the crucibles is our next step in our journey..."

Chadrah bows to him respectfully before heading out.

Dataphiles

F Lashunta Technomancer (3), Operative (1) | HP:25/25 SP:21/21 RP:3/5 | EAC:14 KAC:14 BAB:+2 INIT:+1 PER:+8 | F+1 R+4 W+4 | 1st Lvl Spells: 0/5+1 | Living Staff, Tactical +3/1d6+4 B | Boons: Envar's Gift, Dream Whispers, High Society Influence

What a pretentious bore, Rilynn thinks to herself. But she again smiles pleasantly and thanks the monk for his cooperation.

Acquisitives

Male CG Gnome (feychild) Icon Envoy 5/Mystic 1 (xenodruid) | portrait | SP 18/48, HP 40/40, RP 9/9 | Speed 30 ft | EAC 20, KAC 20| Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8; +2 vs. despair, fear, illusions; resist cold 5, fire 5 | Init +3; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +10 | Spells: 3/3 x 1st | Active conditions: 4 Int damage | Reroll used

Tokno is only a novice in the ways of mystics, and he was led to that path by his connections to people and animals rather than by any search for cosmic truth. But he does have ample experience at appearing more interested and enlightened than he truly is when philosophers and academics overindulge in the jargon of their calling.

If we were less pressed for time, I'd gladly share my experiences with other timelines, he thinks to himself. I wonder what he'd make of them?

"Thank you for your assistance, Captain Kahir," the gnome says aloud once the offer of transport is made. "We shall come to you with all due haste. I should inform you that I travel with a mount. I hope that won't be too much trouble? She's large but extremely well trained, I assure you."

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 5 | SP 11/55 | HP 40/41 | RP 5/6 | EP 0 | EAC 18 KAC 20; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +2; resist fire 5; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +8; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Reroll used | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

Chrysanthemum opens her eyes as the team gathers their belongings to continue the journey. "I am most pleased to make your acquaintance, Elder, and would be delighted to return if I were to be allowed. Thank you for your assistance and safe journeys to you." She gets to her feet and follows the team out, feeling more centered once again.

Wayfinders

Male NG halfling mystic 4 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 Starlight form 4/4 | Spells: L1 3/4 L2 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Velorum contemplates the Elder's words.
Elder, We thank you for your hospitality and wisdom. We will meditate on your words as we seek out our leader. Perhaps we will have the opportunity to meet again.

Captain Kahir, we look forward to your hospitality as we continue our journey.


|Happy rabbit day | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet |

Head out, head out brave explorers. The site at which Jadnura resides is a beautiful demonstration of the cycle. Boojan says.

All paths in spacetime eventually converge. Next time we meet we will not be as young as today. says Boojan as a goodbye greeting.

---

Heading out means retracing the path through the artificial desert that separates the monastary and the rest of the ship. The path leads to a set of ruins - a facsimile of ruins on the ancient Kasathan world, but in this instance not much more than painted plastics.

Just as the group passes by, a Kasathan steps out from behind the ruins. He holds the unmistakable weapon of a Solarian, and is quite easily recognised as the annoyed initiatite from earlier. This time, he is not annoyed so much as outright hostile: Stop, the lot of you! Your reign of terror ends here!

Before even allowing the group to question what that reign of terror may cover, he adds You, and your secret organisation! No longer will I allow you roam free. Today, I will avenge the death of parents and ensure your desctruction!

He looks quite dangerous, but there is still time for a Diplomacy or Intimidate check to provide a response before we go into intiative.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Medium Lashunta Damaya Envoy 4 | ST:24/24 HP:28/28 RP:5/5| EAC 17; KAC 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +6 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

She raises her empty hands in a show of peace. "Reigh of terror? Secret organisation? The death of your parents? I apologize, young one. Who were they? What do you mean? We are mostly explorers, diplomats and researchers. We are open to anyone who would like to join. Please, help us understand your position."

Aid Another to Tokno.

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 10 + (6) = 33

Dataphiles

F Lashunta Technomancer (3), Operative (1) | HP:25/25 SP:21/21 RP:3/5 | EAC:14 KAC:14 BAB:+2 INIT:+1 PER:+8 | F+1 R+4 W+4 | 1st Lvl Spells: 0/5+1 | Living Staff, Tactical +3/1d6+4 B | Boons: Envar's Gift, Dream Whispers, High Society Influence

Rilynn maintains her nonthreatening demeanor, hands folded and smiling. She wonders at what Jadnura may have done to arouse such emotions.

"We're Starfinders, and we're here to help."

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 5 | SP 11/55 | HP 40/41 | RP 5/6 | EP 0 | EAC 18 KAC 20; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +2; resist fire 5; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +8; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Reroll used | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

Chrysanthemum steps in front of the squishier party members, but holds out her hands in a peaceful position. "We mean you no harm, friend kasatha. Please, let us discuss this without resorting to violence."

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Toknomonicon's Creature Companion (level 6) | Female N Large animal | portrait | HP 61/65 | Speed 50 ft | EAC 17, KAC 20| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | blindsense (scent) 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +10 | Active conditions: none

Wanda snorts, sensing the kasatha's open hostility, but Tokno calms his wolliped mount with a word, and she subsides into simply snuffling the air to determine if there other strangers hiding nearby.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Wanda has blindsense (scent) 60 ft., and Tokno can speak with animals (he dipped xenodruid mystic), so she can alert him if she smells anything suspicious. (Posting for Tokno shortly.)

Acquisitives

Male CG Gnome (feychild) Icon Envoy 5/Mystic 1 (xenodruid) | portrait | SP 18/48, HP 40/40, RP 9/9 | Speed 30 ft | EAC 20, KAC 20| Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8; +2 vs. despair, fear, illusions; resist cold 5, fire 5 | Init +3; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +10 | Spells: 3/3 x 1st | Active conditions: 4 Int damage | Reroll used

After calming Wanda, Tokno holds up an empty hand and activates his subdermal graft to illuminate the Starfinder symbol implanted there. He openly wears the same symbol on his armor. "We are Starfinders. My name is Toknomonicon," he says to the kasatha. "You have clearly mistaken us for someone else--or perhaps someone has slandered our Society's good name? Tell us about your grievance, and let's see if we can discover the truth together."

Diplomacy + expertise: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 15 + (6) + 1 = 37 (plus aids)

Tokno is giving his full name mostly to show he has nothing to hide. But as a 6th-level icon, his celebrity feature means it's only a DC 10 Culture check to recognize him by name, which is low enough to attempt untrained. I have no idea if that would help here, but I wanted to mention it, because it's a fairly new thing for him.

Wayfinders

Male NG halfling mystic 4 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 Starlight form 4/4 | Spells: L1 3/4 L2 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

We are not your enemies, but simple travelers through this realm. What is this Secret Society of which you speak, and why do you think we had anything to do with the death of parents?

Diplomacy to aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


|Happy rabbit day | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet |

Starfinders, indeed! My parents were on that cursed mission of yours to the scoured stars. It is because of you lot that I am orphaned now. the initiate explains his hatred.

Toknomicon's appeal does little to temper the Kasathan, though the two acolytes that he brought along seem to be far less resolute now - they might not even back up the leader unless he is in mortal danger.

My name is Kan-Zal. You killed my parents, the leader rants on, prepare to die!

Battle map is up. You can place your mini(s) in the designated rectangle.

Init:

init, Toknomonicon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
init, Chrysanthemum: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
init, Rilynn Rae: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
init, Khubelu: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
init, Chadrah: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
init, Velo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
init, KZ: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Bold is up!

---
Khubelu
Chrysanthemum

---
Mad initiate
---
Velo
Chadrah
Rilynn
Toknomicon
---

Advocates

female CG stellifera envoy 5 | SP 30/30 HP 34/34 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6+1d6+1 | Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft. | Active conditions: None.

What a bizarre map. Were we shouting at them through a wall?

I see you:
Khubelu will use its watery form to convince Kan-Zal her shot is coming from a different direction than it actually does.

Clever Feint: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + (2) = 14 vs. 10 + Sense Motive bonus or 15 + 1-1/2 × CR
> success - target is flat-footed until end of my next turn
> failure - target is flat-footed against me until end of my next turn
Static Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 vs. EAC
Electricity Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Good fences make good neighbors:
Khubelu double moves south so she can see Kan-zal.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 5 | SP 11/55 | HP 40/41 | RP 5/6 | EP 0 | EAC 18 KAC 20; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +2; resist fire 5; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +8; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Reroll used | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

Are any of them ranged fighting types? Which one is arguing with us?


|Happy rabbit day | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet |

I've changed the situation a bit. Kan-zal (black) was talking from behind a cover position at the edge of the ruins. The two initiates have total cover (though they were visible during the conversation, this being a bunch of ruins. Yes, the map is weird... anything black is a wall.

In case my hint was too subtle: the two initiates will likely stay out of battle for as long as you use nonlethal weapons. @Khubelu: are phasers set for stun?

Khubelu lands a hit with her arc pistol.

---
Khubelu
Chrysanthemum
---
Mad initiate (5)
---
Velo
Chadrah
Rilynn
Toknomicon
---

Advocates

female CG stellifera envoy 5 | SP 30/30 HP 34/34 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6+1d6+1 | Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft. | Active conditions: None.

Yes, nonlethal until we meet something immune.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 5 | SP 11/55 | HP 40/41 | RP 5/6 | EP 0 | EAC 18 KAC 20; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +2; resist fire 5; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +8; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Reroll used | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

Chrysanthemum hustles down towards the cranky kasatha, drawing her taclash as she moves.

2 entropy points

Dataphiles

F Lashunta Technomancer (3), Operative (1) | HP:25/25 SP:21/21 RP:3/5 | EAC:14 KAC:14 BAB:+2 INIT:+1 PER:+8 | F+1 R+4 W+4 | 1st Lvl Spells: 0/5+1 | Living Staff, Tactical +3/1d6+4 B | Boons: Envar's Gift, Dream Whispers, High Society Influence

fwiw, I'm not effective at pulling punches.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Medium Lashunta Damaya Envoy 4 | ST:24/24 HP:28/28 RP:5/5| EAC 17; KAC 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +6 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

Harrying fire can help.


|Happy rabbit day | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet |

The angry initiate steps out into the open to meet Chrysanthemum, glowing the bright red of a supergas giant star. His solarian weapon takes on the form of a intricate glowing claymore, that he proceeds to attack the crystal-studded opponent with.

Attack, chrysanthemum: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 311d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Or as we used to say in astronomy class: bright red means almost dead

---
Velo
Chadrah
Rilynn
Toknomicon
Khubelu
Chrysanthemum

---
Mad initiate (5)
---

Advocates

female CG stellifera envoy 5 | SP 30/30 HP 34/34 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6+1d6+1 | Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft. | Active conditions: None.

Once more, with feeling (the feeling of nonlethal).

Clever Feint: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 10 + (5) = 24 vs. 10 + Sense Motive bonus or 15 + 1-1/2 × CR
> success - target is flat-footed until end of my next turn
> failure - target is flat-footed against me until end of my next turn
Static Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 vs. EAC
Electricity Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Acquisitives

Male CG Gnome (feychild) Icon Envoy 5/Mystic 1 (xenodruid) | portrait | SP 18/48, HP 40/40, RP 9/9 | Speed 30 ft | EAC 20, KAC 20| Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8; +2 vs. despair, fear, illusions; resist cold 5, fire 5 | Init +3; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +10 | Spells: 3/3 x 1st | Active conditions: 4 Int damage | Reroll used

It's Toknomonicon, BTW.

Tokno urges Wanda forward towards the initiate, then suddenly, the bellowing cry of a mighty renkroda splits the air. Shockingly, the noise comes from the small gnome's throat! Almost as surprisingly, his big fluffy friend isn't spooked by the predator's roar coming from atop her back.

Mighty vocal cords: All enemies within 30 ft are shaken 1d4 rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 3 (Will DC 15 negates). He's deliberately placed himself to only affect the angry one, since the other initiates wisely backed down.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Medium Lashunta Damaya Envoy 4 | ST:24/24 HP:28/28 RP:5/5| EAC 17; KAC 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +6 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

"Kaz-Zal! I know you are hurting but you have to stop this! If they were Starfinders like us, this is the last thing they would have wanted of you. We worked tirelessly to free those trapped in the Scoured Stars exactly because we were afraid we could loose them. Tell us their names, perhaps we know someone who was with them that can explain what really happened to them."

Chadrah does a Get'em on Kan-Zal and harrying fire.

Tactical Semi Auto Harrying: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Failed so just +1 on subsequent attacks until her next turn

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 5 | SP 11/55 | HP 40/41 | RP 5/6 | EP 0 | EAC 18 KAC 20; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +2; resist fire 5; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +8; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Reroll used | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

Reaction: Mitigate, -1 EP for -5 damage, +1 EP for 2 x level damage taken.

"I do not wish to hurt you, but I cannot allow you to hurt my companions either." Chrysanthemum steps around the kasatha, (which shouldn't provoke, since they are flat-footed), and lashes out with her fist, as gently as she can.

Entropic Strike, nonlethal, get em: 1d20 + 8 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 4 + 1 = 10 for Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Reaction, Step Up, if possible.

Dataphiles

F Lashunta Technomancer (3), Operative (1) | HP:25/25 SP:21/21 RP:3/5 | EAC:14 KAC:14 BAB:+2 INIT:+1 PER:+8 | F+1 R+4 W+4 | 1st Lvl Spells: 0/5+1 | Living Staff, Tactical +3/1d6+4 B | Boons: Envar's Gift, Dream Whispers, High Society Influence

Rilynn advances alongside her teammates, hands empty.

2x Move.

"You know, you're right. The Starfinders do suck about half the time. We end up killing all sorts of people who would otherwise be alive if only they had not crossed paths with us. We can't bring your parents back, but how about a formal apology by the Seeker, and some sort of reparations for your loss? Alternatively," Rilynn continues, "I can recommend several good law firms who would advance your grievances at the prospect of lucrative financial damages. You can use that money to harass us in ways that do not put your life in jeopardy."

Wayfinders

Male NG halfling mystic 4 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 Starlight form 4/4 | Spells: L1 3/4 L2 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Velorum double moves to get closer to what is going on.


|Happy rabbit day | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet |

Khubelu catches the kasathan off-guard, but fails to take advantage of it. Toknomonicon shouts many loud syllables at the acolyte, which lowers his resolve quite a bit. Chadrah tries to lay down cover fire, while Chrysanthemums shot misses. Rilynn and Velorum move up.

The initiate glows a little more red, and then starts hacking away at Chrysanthemum.

Solarian Weapon, Chrys: 1d20 + 14 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 4 - 2 = 151d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Solarian Weapon, Chrys: 1d20 + 14 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 - 4 - 2 = 191d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

---
Velo
Chadrah
Rilynn
Toknomicon
Khubelu
Chrysanthemum

---
Mad initiate (5, 2 attune, shaken)
---

Wayfinders

Male NG halfling mystic 4 | SP 32/32 HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 Starlight form 4/4 | Spells: L1 3/4 L2 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Velorum activates his Mindlink ability, and moves up to Kan-Zal,attempting to convey: the sense of pain amongst all the Starfinders for those lost in the Scoured Stars; images of the memorial ceremonies for those that did not return; the knowledge that Kan-Zal is not alone in their grief; and that the Starfinders would not have taken their parents unwillingly.

I assume to touch them I have to hit EAC?

Attack roll to touch and deliver Mindlink: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

All Starfinders share the pain for those lost in the Scoured Stars. We are not your enemies, but people you share pain with.

Acquisitives

Male CG Gnome (feychild) Icon Envoy 5/Mystic 1 (xenodruid) | portrait | SP 18/48, HP 40/40, RP 9/9 | Speed 30 ft | EAC 20, KAC 20| Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8; +2 vs. despair, fear, illusions; resist cold 5, fire 5 | Init +3; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +10 | Spells: 3/3 x 1st | Active conditions: 4 Int damage | Reroll used

Tokno circles the initiate with Wanda so that he can get a clearer shot, then fires his pistol.

Inspiring static arc pistol + get 'em: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9
Damage (E, nonlethal): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

But his shot misses by a mile.

Advocates

female CG stellifera envoy 5 | SP 30/30 HP 34/34 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6+1d6+1 | Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft. | Active conditions: None.

<I understand your pain. I am a refugee from Azlant. Let us cease this unneeded violence.>

If this unneeded violence is not ceased:

Clever Feint: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 10 + (6) = 34 vs. 10 + Sense Motive bonus or 15 + 1-1/2 × CR
> success - target is flat-footed until end of my next turn
> failure - target is flat-footed against me until end of my next turn
Static Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 vs. EAC
Electricity Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Feinting game is on point. Actually shooting...

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Medium Lashunta Damaya Envoy 4 | ST:24/24 HP:28/28 RP:5/5| EAC 17; KAC 18 | F+4 R+2 W+1 | Init +6 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

Chadrah continues to do Get'em on Kan-zal and Harrying Fire. Hopefully Chrys is able to knock him out.

Harrying Fire: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

That would be a +3 on the next attack and +1 to everyone else until her next turn.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 5 | SP 11/55 | HP 40/41 | RP 5/6 | EP 0 | EAC 18 KAC 20; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +2; resist fire 5; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +8; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Reroll used | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

"I am sorry this is the way you have chosen. I will endeavor to hurt you as little as possible."

Entropic Strike, get em, nonlethal, full: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 20 for bludgeoning: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Entropic Strike, get em, nonlethal, full: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 3 for bludgeoning: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


|Happy rabbit day | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet |

Velorum tries to reason with the Kasatha, but only confuses him more. He remains steadfast in his attack. Khubelu and Toknomonicon both miss their attack, but Chadrah distracts Kan-Zal enough for Chrysanthemum to land a solid hit.

---
Velo
Chadrah
Rilynn
Toknomicon
Khubelu
Chrysanthemum
---
Mad initiate (18, 2 attune, shaken)
---

51 to 100 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] 1-26 Truth of the Seeker (II) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.