GM Doug's The Arclord Who Never Was (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Slides | Macros


1 to 50 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

A skull with glowing eyes was among the many objects which recently turned up in the Pathfinder Society's vaults, and none of the other objects are quite so talkative as this one! In fact, the skull isn't an object at all, but a person. The Society isn't sure who, or what, they are, and the skull seems to have lost their memories. Nonetheless, the skulls request—no, insists—that the Society return them to their former glory at once!

Grand Archivist Zarta Dralneen has determined that the skull is from Quantium, the magic-filled capital of Nex. She dispatches a group of Pathfinders to conduct a simple research mission and guide the skull around the city, hoping to jar the skull's memories and learn the truth.

"See the world," they said. "Simple research mission," they said.

______

You're sailing South on the Obari Ocean, en route to Quantium. The Society covered your expenses for the voyage, asking you to keep your wayfinders and other signs of affiliation with the Society under wraps, and to travel aboard a low-profile merchant vessel to avoid attention.

Though the journey is free, it is unpleasant; about the rickety Opportune, you must contend with uncomfortable bunks and dusty provisions — not to mention the creaky, leaky ship lurching across the waves.

Please introduce your characters! How are you coping with this journey? How do you feel about visiting the majestic city of Nex… that is, assuming the Opportune doesn't sink en route?

Vigilant Seal

M Hobgoblin Medic 6 | Hp 73/86| AC 24 (Deny Advantage) (+2 Nimble Dodge) | F +12 (T), R +11 (E), W +9(E) | Perception +9 (E) | (Will Nimble Dodge or Resist Elf Magic at first opportunity)

A tall lanky grey skinned hobgoblin leans on a spear as though it were some sort of walking staff.

First impressions do not speak well as he seems to snarl at everybody, but more than a few minutes of conversation reveals an old wound on his throat leading to the guttaral sounds that he makes.

"rrgh Snarlfist here, Medic from Oprak army. Better at being curious than staying disciplined so got honor of joining. Jokes on commander back home though, not only is this better fitehhn, but pay much better too. Excitied to visit Nex, home our alchemists always inventing amazing new weapons, like to see even more advanced. Now just have to hope ship doesn't sink first."

Snarlfist keeps his gear in meticulous condition, spending an inordinate amount of time making sure his medic bag is packed just right, with the bandages rolled just so. If asked about it he snarls in response "Ehhern, you rather me spend 10 minutes now, or 1 minute when you bleeding to death later?"

Radiant Oath

LG Male Shoony Transmuter 4 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +6, Refl +7, Will +10 | Perc +8 | Speed 35
♥️ 34/34 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Fire | ⚕ Mage Armor, Longstrider (2nd) | Spells (Arcane, +10, DC 20): Cantrips (6), 1st (1/2), 2nd (2/4),

Short, shaggy, and leaning on a staff is a shoony named Domwurd. A dedicated Pathfinder who has shown a knack for transmutation magic, Domwurd is a notable character in that he's diligent about following the rules and doing the right thing. That said, some agents have noted that his book smarts doesn't always translate into street smarts.

At the moment he's holding a dog-eared tome in his other hand, studying the arcane syllables that glow dimly on its pages. After a minute he snaps the book shut and stares out into the horizon, using it to settle his stomach. Once settled, he opens his spellbook again and reads until motion sickness returns. "Rolled bandages are important, agreed," Domwurd says to Snarlfist. His voice is surprisingly low and rough (ruff?). "Do you have anything to settle the stomach? I feel like I've eaten a pound of chocolate."

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Female dwarf (rock) champion 2 | HP 36 | AC 19/21 | F +9 R +7 W +6 | Perc +8 | Stealth +1 | Speed: 15 ft. |

"Dog-eared." I see what you did there.

"Here, dear," an older dwarf says as she joins the shoony, holding out a piece of candy. "Too much chocolate isn't good for anyone, but a ginger candy should help settle your stomach. It always worked on my boys, though I preferred ginger tea when I was home. Hard to walk around as much with that, though."

She looks over the horizon and an excited smile creeps across her face.

"Quantium! I've never been there before. The Pathfinder Society is great! We get to go to so many fascinating places. There's no place like home, but after so many decades, I'm glad my children convinced me to go see what the rest of the world is like. I always wanted to, but didn't want to leave Dueggan."

She sighs sadly. "Sickness may have taken him from me, but I'm not going to allow it to take all my joy."

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Poppet | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 | F: +7 R: +7, W: +8 | Perception: +8 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

As the group speaks in the hold you notice a four foot tall porcelan doll resting lopsided in teh corner for several days now. The eyes shimmer and gleam in the dim lighting as her face shows lines and cracks all throughout from age. The doll wears a tattered and old victorian dress that expands out bigger and bigger around the feet as a matching stained bow is in her curled bond hair, along with a few cobwebs from storage of course.

No matter where you look or move about the cabin her eyes seem to follow but the doll never moves, that is until you bring up Quantium. Out of the corner of your eye you see the doll twitch ever so slightly as a sing song voice comes from the darkness of the storage bin. "Are you friends?" Comes a sing-song voice you have not heard on the ship yet. It sets a bit of unease about the room as the voice goes silent once more.

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 2/3; Fear 1/day | Leads: Aslynn, Alyreha | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

"Quantium! Blech. Land of elf-magic if I ever heard of one." grumbles Haggra. Half-way through the voyage, and and he has already run out of places to check out with his "security scans". The only cargo with any value was the Pathfinders, and the crew eyed their possessions with an undisguised lust, prompting him to keep things by his side, always.

"I'll be glad when we get there, though. Not sure this ship is going to make it in one piece. Tried to fix the crack I saw in the tiller, but the pilot shooed me away. Foolish."

Radiant Oath

LG Male Shoony Transmuter 4 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +6, Refl +7, Will +10 | Perc +8 | Speed 35
♥️ 34/34 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Fire | ⚕ Mage Armor, Longstrider (2nd) | Spells (Arcane, +10, DC 20): Cantrips (6), 1st (1/2), 2nd (2/4),

Domwurd takes the proferred ginger candy and inhales the candy faster than lightning. It's unlikely that he even tasted it. "Thanks. I'm always good for treats."

He ignores the disagreement between the two hobgoblins on whether Quantium is good news or bad. He has his own opinion, but is good enough to keep it to himself for now. Instead he walks over to the suddenly speaking doll.

"Oh, hello there," the curious wizard says to the poppet. He sniffs the air and comes to some kind of conclusion. "I am a friend. My name's Domwurd. I'm not supposed to say it, but I'm a Pathfinder. We're on a mission. What brings you here?"

Vigilant Seal

Male Hobgoblin Duskwalker Investigator 4 | hp 48/48, hero 3/3 | AC 21, F+8 R+11 W+7 | Speed 25ft | Perception +7, Arcana +10, Crafting +12, Occultism +11, Society +12, Stealth +9 | Current Conditions:

Even for a Hobgoblin, Kralgang's pale ash-blue skin is unusual and unnerving, as if somehow frozen between the realms of life and death.

"This journey is as nothing compared to the work before me in the service of the Lady of Bones. I will do my best to protect and aid you all, as is my sworn duty. May our mission be successful, and know that, if any of you should fall, die easy in the knowledge that Pharasma will judge you fairly in her Boneyard."

Kralgang has spent his time at sea mostly sullen and withdrawn, despite the presence of several familiar faces.

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 2/3; Fear 1/day | Leads: Aslynn, Alyreha | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

"Good afternoon, Kralgang." says Haggra. "Another adventure for us to make sure gets done correctly, I presume. Well, with the two of us on the mission, I am sure it will be fine."

There is no doubt that Haggra was rolling his eyes as he stated this.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Hobgoblin Duskwalker Investigator 4 | hp 48/48, hero 3/3 | AC 21, F+8 R+11 W+7 | Speed 25ft | Perception +7, Arcana +10, Crafting +12, Occultism +11, Society +12, Stealth +9 | Current Conditions:

"My apologies for not recognizing you Haggra. Through countless lives I have met many and lost many. Sometimes those who are living and those who are dead swim too close together in my memories. I am glad to see you are still here."

Vigilant Seal

Male Hobgoblin Duskwalker Investigator 4 | hp 48/48, hero 3/3 | AC 21, F+8 R+11 W+7 | Speed 25ft | Perception +7, Arcana +10, Crafting +12, Occultism +11, Society +12, Stealth +9 | Current Conditions:

"I think I recognize the canine, though it might be a reminder of a beloved pet from a former life. It can be so hard to know for sure, unless others remind me."

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 2/3; Fear 1/day | Leads: Aslynn, Alyreha | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

”Oh, we’ve been sent out on missions with Domwurd before. He’s done ok. ”

Haggra makes sure that Kralgang isn’t moping in the cabin, even if it is to take Domwurd on “walkies” around the deck. Very regimented and well paced walkies.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Shoony Transmuter 4 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +6, Refl +7, Will +10 | Perc +8 | Speed 35
♥️ 34/34 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Fire | ⚕ Mage Armor, Longstrider (2nd) | Spells (Arcane, +10, DC 20): Cantrips (6), 1st (1/2), 2nd (2/4),

Domwurd walks with Haggra. He knows that exercise is important to be a good Pathfinder. He decides too that it'll be important to head something off. "Don't pat my head."

Horizon Hunters

LG Female dwarf (rock) champion 2 | HP 36 | AC 19/21 | F +9 R +7 W +6 | Perc +8 | Stealth +1 | Speed: 15 ft. |

"Oh!" Grams exclaims as the doll seems to come to life. "How wonderful! I ... well ... It ... It's very nice to meet you!"

She seems to be at a bit of a loss, having never experienced anything like this in her long life in the Five Kings Mountains, and not quite knowing how to ask how it is that a darling little poppet is able to apparently talk and think and be a Pathfinder, instead of just a toy for her boys to play with.

Vigilant Seal

Poppet | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 | F: +7 R: +7, W: +8 | Perception: +8 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

The dolls head jerks as it moves, the joint broken and not smooth as it once was from years of use and abuse. As her head turns to the side to get a better view you notice a sizeable hole in the cracked porcelain face and able to see within the hollow toy head. "I'm not sure. I am Princess Sunset. At least that is what Emma called me..." Her face droops a bit "That was a long time ago. I have been sitting in boxes, basements and now this ship for a long time. Their love sparked something in me. I woke up in the dark...called out for my friend...why would they abandon me?" The poppet looks up questioningly.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Hobgoblin Duskwalker Investigator 4 | hp 48/48, hero 3/3 | AC 21, F+8 R+11 W+7 | Speed 25ft | Perception +7, Arcana +10, Crafting +12, Occultism +11, Society +12, Stealth +9 | Current Conditions:

Kralgang's attention is drawn by the doll.

"Mortals are all alone in the end. Perhaps she has gone to the Boneyard, and could no longer reach you?. It is not a fate to be feared. It is inevitable."

Horizon Hunters

LG Female dwarf (rock) champion 2 | HP 36 | AC 19/21 | F +9 R +7 W +6 | Perc +8 | Stealth +1 | Speed: 15 ft. |

Tears spring up in Gram's eyes.

"Oh, you poor dear. I'm sure they didn't mean to! But we'll be your friends. Can you move more than your head? Try standing up. I'm sure you can do it!"

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Poppet | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 | F: +7 R: +7, W: +8 | Perception: +8 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

"Is this a boneyard?" The doll's head turns, looking at the dead wood of the ship itself. Her arms begin to move, slowly at first then little by little as the doll crashes to the deck from the box. She attempts to lift herself. After a few failed attempts the poppet finds herself standing on wobbly legs, staring about the cabin with a bit more newfound freedom. "Fear is inevitable?" She asks not quite understanding such a big word. "What mission are you on friend." She looks at Domwurd hugging Grams' leg to remain upright.


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

I'm enjoying the banter, feel free to continue as you pull into port and experience quantium!

Spoiler:
Domwurd's Pathfinder Society Lore (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

______

The tub limps into port… mostly in one piece. Quantium’s port inspectors pay little attention to the Opportune’s arrival so you finally debark about an hour after dawn.

You enter the capital from the gates at the dock, passing through the 15-foot thick, miles-around wall that encircles the metropolis. It is inscribed with stunning illustrations of the nation’s mythic history. In the distance, you see a 20-foot-tall golem marching around the wall, leaving a trail of dust in its wake and occasionally peering over the walls.

Within, you're met with the first set of many staircases: a white marble infused with streaks of gold rises up to the Juali level — Quantium’s “Sun”; the second set of stairs has veins of silver and descends down to the Nwezi level — the capital’s “Moon.” You take the stairs up. As you travel, you notice that purposeful, circular gaps in the Juali expose the Nwezi neighborhoods below to the natural light, which is further enhanced with colorful magical lanterns; the complex, beautiful architecture built below supports the equally impressive city above. Indeed, buildings here are infused with gemstone and gold.

Even at this hour, the city is alive. Duskwalker, poppet, shoony — you fit right in. You see a richly-dressed gnoll making a trade for some glittering jewels; turning the corner you see a catfolk merchant; a door opens behind them revealing a maelstrom of wirling colors and protean slips out on some sort of business. Art on slide 1-2

Enough sightseeing. You have been tasked with meeting Venture Captain Sebnet Sanserkoht at Nexus House, on the Juali level.

Domwurd is well-versed in Pathfinder society lore and knows where to find the lodge.

Domwurd:
Nexus House is the second-oldest Pathfinder Lodge, built 400 years ago in Quantium, the capital city of Nex. Its founders were Adolphus, a bookish Taldan scholar, and Princess Ganjay of the island nation of Bhopan. Their romantic, swashbuckling, continent-striding story seems more folktale than reality, but you know it is grounded in truth.

They “liberated” copious funds from the treasury of Bhopan, which they used to build the headquarters for the lodge in Quantium. To add local appeal to their roles, they adopted the Nexian title of “vash-vatom” rather than the title of venture-captain that was used for leaders at Absalom’s Grand Lodge.

Vigilant Seal

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Poppet | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 | F: +7 R: +7, W: +8 | Perception: +8 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

The small poppet seems to get her sea legs. Hearing the boat dock and they would soon have to depart Princess Sunset climbs back into the box. You begin to hear wood cracking and splintering within. Looking in she seems to be tearing the hind leg free from a similarly battered toy horse. "I'm sorry Moondust...I need to protect my new friends." She says sadly as the toy horse leg splinters free.

Princess Sunset drops back down to the ground like a ragdoll, weilding the leg like some sort of club. This is her club weapon.

Walking through teh city her small legs need to move at twice the rate as the others to keep up with the much larger hobgoblins. "Are we going to the Castle?"

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 2/3; Fear 1/day | Leads: Aslynn, Alyreha | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

”I assume we are going to the Pathfinder Lodge, little one. I should know its name, but I cannot recall it. Still, should be relatively easy to find. Did you need a hand or a lift?”

Vigilant Seal

Poppet | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 | F: +7 R: +7, W: +8 | Perception: +8 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

The small poppet nods, climbing onto Haggra's hands for transport.

Radiant Oath

LG Male Shoony Transmuter 4 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +6, Refl +7, Will +10 | Perc +8 | Speed 35
♥️ 34/34 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Fire | ⚕ Mage Armor, Longstrider (2nd) | Spells (Arcane, +10, DC 20): Cantrips (6), 1st (1/2), 2nd (2/4),

Domwurd marvels at the princess, but shakes his head at Haggra's words. "Yes, the lodge. I know the way."

As they begin their trek the wizard happily shares what he knows. "Did you know that Nexus House is the second-oldest Pathfinder Lodge, built 400 years ago? Its founders were Adolphus, a Taldan scholar, and Princess Ganjay of the island nation of Bhopan. Their romantic, swashbuckling, continent-striding story, which I've read, might seem more folktale than reality, but like all tales I know it is grounded in truth."

"The history books suggests that they 'liberated' copious funds from the treasury of Bhopan, which they used to build the headquarters for the lodge in Quantium. And to help themselves fit in they adopted the Nexian title of 'vash-vatom' rather than the title of venture-captain that was used for leaders at Absalom’s Grand Lodge."

He checks to see if he still has an audience. "It's really quite a fascinating bit of Pathfinder lore. I have the book checked out still from the library."

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 2/3; Fear 1/day | Leads: Aslynn, Alyreha | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

Haggra gives the poppet a hand. ”See, wizards always have to tell you how superior they think they are to you, often by quoting useless trivia like that. We know better, though, don’t we?” whispers The hobgoblin as he winks.

Vigilant Seal

Poppet | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 | F: +7 R: +7, W: +8 | Perception: +8 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

Princess Sunset smiles as you hear a small giggle. One of her glass eyes seems to float about, the eye lid drooping slightly as the dolls features seem to have a difficult time reacting to her newfound life.

Vigilant Seal

M Hobgoblin Medic 6 | Hp 73/86| AC 24 (Deny Advantage) (+2 Nimble Dodge) | F +12 (T), R +11 (E), W +9(E) | Perception +9 (E) | (Will Nimble Dodge or Resist Elf Magic at first opportunity)

Snarlfist growls a bit but stays out of the argument.


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

Nexus House is sprawling and sumptuous, a fusion of the most opulent Vudran styles and the rich stone-working traditions of Nex. The building occupies most of a wide, shallow lot, with the smaller buildings on each side adding to its expansive appearance. Large windows and arches punctuate the stone surface, creating an airy appearance despite the mountains of gorgeous striated stone used in its construction. Fanciful tracery accentuates these architectural features, giving the entire building a graceful, unusual look.

Within the building, spacious rooms open into each other or connect with wide halls. Arches of varying styles abound, contributing to the airy, rambling feel, and detailed flourishes accentuate windows and walls.

Art of Nexus House on slide 2

______

You are directed to an office, where the vash-vatom awaits.

A bronze-skinned gnome wearing a bright crimson sash and lavender saree stands beside a wooden table holding a lumpy parcel covered in velvet cloth. A multitude of bangles, earrings, and necklaces jangle musically as she speaks. “Welcome to Nexus House! I am vash-vatom Sebnet Sanserkoht, at your service. And may I presen—”

“VrFrph Zircurs!”

A muffled voice calls from beneath the cloth, cutting Sebnet off. With a sigh, Sebnet pulls the velvet aside to reveal a grinning skull. The pink lights glowing in each of the skull’s eye sockets twinkle.


“As I was saying... the great Zykyryz! Sebnet, I thought we worked this out? I promised to stop doodling on your table, and you promised to quickly pull the curtain to give me a dramatic reveal!"

Gnome and skull both tilt their eyes down to the table’s surface, where an ink pen rests next to numerous crooked spirals, as if someone had drawn them with the pen held in their teeth.

“Er, that just goes to show my powers of divination are a-head of their time—hey! Frffpr Errf!”


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

The skull is muffled as Sebnet unceremoniously drops the velvet back in place, shaking her head as she claims a nearby seat. “Our humorous friend here, Pathfinders, is why we sent for you. We don’t have too many details, but Zykyryz, as she’s calling herse—”


From beneath the velvet, “Those letters do NOT get enough love in your chronicles! It’s a crime not to use them!”


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

Sebnet’s eye twitches ever so slightly, but she continues.

“She’s taken the name Zykyryz for now because she likes the sound of it, but she’s almost certain that wasn’t her name before. We discovered her in the vaults of the Grand Lodge. Unfortunately, nobody could figure out who or what she was, as if she never existed! However, I have come to believe she’s one of the Arclords of Nex.

“Other recent events provide evidence to support this theory this as well. Agents of a long-time foe of ours, the night hag Aslynn, have been snooping around anywhere I went to do research. It’s as if the more we learn about the skull, the more others do as well.

She looks at the Duskwalker. "We’ve already eliminated the possibilities of her being undead, by the by. Nor is she an intelligent item.

“I need you to take Zykyryz into Quantium. Follow her hunches and premonitions about where she can go to remember who she is. Return here when you’ve gleaned all you can, and together we’ll try to discern why Aslynn is after her before whatever scheme she’s up to comes, dare I say it... to a head.”

The skull chuckle under the cloth. Sebnet is aghast at her awful pun. "Oh gods she's rubbing off on me. Take her away, quickly."

"Before you go, I have correspondences for you" She looks specifically at Kralgang, Snarlfist, and Princess Sunset. … but first, any questions?"

Art on slide 1.


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:
Snarlfist's Diplomacy (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Domwurd's Diplomacy (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Princess Sunset's Diplomacy (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Domwurd's Society (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Haggra's Society (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Kralgang's Society (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Haggra's Any Lore (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

______
RECALL KNOWLLEDGE

Some of you also know things.

Princess Sunset knows that The Pathfinder Society is on good terms with many of the Arclords of Nex, including the influential Ambellek Dyr. She will have an easier time influencing the citizens of Nex.

The rest of you know that Quantium is a metropolis boasting one of the most diverse populations on all of Golarion. In addition to humanoids of all ancestries, beings who would be considered monsters elsewhere in the world are citizens here, including an abundance of those with extraplanar and elemental origins. The Arclords are spellcasters who lay claim to Nex’s arcane legacy. They don’t rule the nation, but they are a powerful faction with much influence over its destiny.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Shoony Transmuter 4 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +6, Refl +7, Will +10 | Perc +8 | Speed 35
♥️ 34/34 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Fire | ⚕ Mage Armor, Longstrider (2nd) | Spells (Arcane, +10, DC 20): Cantrips (6), 1st (1/2), 2nd (2/4),

Domwurd picks up the skull that is Zykyryz. "Is your name pronounced similar to a 'Zachary'? Is that right?"

He also looks over the skull, turning it over to check each nook and cranny. "Pink lights for eyes? Did you choose that colour? Also, did you consider the name 'Bob'? It's probably what I would have named you."


2 people marked this as a favorite.

"Didn't you hear it the first time? Zik-keer-iz. And pink is the new black — a fitting color for a MIGHTY ARCLORD!"

The teeth chatter. "Bob? Bob? BOB!? With creativity like that, peope will think you’re abone-head!"

Dresden!

Vigilant Seal

Male Hobgoblin Duskwalker Investigator 4 | hp 48/48, hero 3/3 | AC 21, F+8 R+11 W+7 | Speed 25ft | Perception +7, Arcana +10, Crafting +12, Occultism +11, Society +12, Stealth +9 | Current Conditions:

Kralgang will make Zykyryz the subject of his first investigation.

"Are we to follow the whims of this object without question? How do we know we are not being manipulated into taking it for a holiday? What evidence do we have it is to be trusted? Do not mistake me, I will follow whatever orders I am given. I seek guidance on how wary we should be in the process of investigating this mystery."

Vigilant Seal

Poppet | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 | F: +7 R: +7, W: +8 | Perception: +8 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

The small poppet slides to the ground, her head peering left and right at the skull. Reching out with clothed arms and porcelean hands she grabs the skull, turning it around to look it over. "Are you alive too? Where do you want to go?" He sing-song voice asks curious at everything new in the world.

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 2/3; Fear 1/day | Leads: Aslynn, Alyreha | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

Having set Princess Sunset down when they arrived, Haggra stands at the ready. ”We have been on worse missions, Kralgang. We just need to be wary and pay attention… something se are both good at.

“Vash-Vatom… Are there areas in Quantium that we need be extra wary about? I assume we should be moving on the sly?” He puts his wayfinder away.

Vigilant Seal

M Hobgoblin Medic 6 | Hp 73/86| AC 24 (Deny Advantage) (+2 Nimble Dodge) | F +12 (T), R +11 (E), W +9(E) | Perception +9 (E) | (Will Nimble Dodge or Resist Elf Magic at first opportunity)

Snarlfist growls in a low voice at Kralgang "errhn, What's so bad about a holiday?"

Snarlfist then leans on his spear the other direction trying to get out of direct line of site of Zykyryz.

Horizon Hunters

LG Female dwarf (rock) champion 2 | HP 36 | AC 19/21 | F +9 R +7 W +6 | Perc +8 | Stealth +1 | Speed: 15 ft. |

"Oh dear," Grams tuts. "This will be quite the challenge. But I'm sure we're up for it."

She ponders for a moment.

"You said this Aslynn is causing trouble? Should we be concerned about that?" She grips the haft of her battleaxe, as if she might need it immediately.


Kralgang wrote:

Kralgang will make Zykyryz the subject of his first investigation.

"Are we to follow the whims of this object without question? How do we know we are not being manipulated into taking it for a holiday? What evidence do we have it is to be trusted? Do not mistake me, I will follow whatever orders I am given. I seek guidance on how wary we should be in the process of investigating this mystery."

"I'll only patella you once: I am no object… I Zykyryz — Mighty Arclord of Nex! (probably)."

Princess Sunset wrote:
The small poppet slides to the ground, her head peering left and right at the skull. Reching out with clothed arms and porcelean hands she grabs the skull, turning it around to look it over. "Are you alive too? Where do you want to go?" He sing-song voice asks curious at everything new in the world.

"I have a whole list. The vash vatom will give it to you. Also I need to see where I'm going, so I demand one of you carry me around. Don't worry, it won't be a skele-ton of work."


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

The vash vatom coughs. Yes… that's true. We worked on a list of locations to visit, where she might have memories. I'll give it to you when you're ready to go. You should carry Zykyryz around, as visiting these locations will help her recover her identity (I hope). No one in this city of wonders will pay a pun-spewing skull any mind."

Zykyryz has negligible bulk and occupies 1 hand. You can fashion a harness so Zykyryz can ride on a PC’s shoulder or head, freeing up their hands but making that PC clumsy 1 as long as they carry her in this fashion.

She turns to the Duskwalker. "No Kralgang, I cannot guarantee that we're not taking Zykyryz on a holiday. We have to follow all the leads here, though." The skull chuckles.

She turns to Haggra and Grams. "Quantium is peaceful, but how wary you are is up to you. You want to keep your identity as Pathfinders under wraps. As to Aslynn, the longer the investigation takes, the more likely her agents will catch on to your deeds. Once you’ve gathered what you can out in the city, return here to collect your research.”

______

"Speaking of, I have letters for you. I've perused them in advance. Knowing the city as I do, I will tell you that the goals of these two factions could be at odds with each other. I advise you to decide in advance which faction’s mission you want to prioritize… I cannot give you advice beyond that."

She hands a letter to Haggra from the Envoy's alliance.

Enviy's mission:
Pathfinders, I trust this letter finds you well after your voyage. I wish the Society could have found a better ship for you to take to Quantium, but the secrecy of your trip has acted like an invisible shroud, guarding you as you sailed. By now you have met our... your little burden. Vash-vatom Sanserkoht strongly believes that discovering the truth behind this mobile migraine (dare I say migration?) is in all of our best interests, and could unlock new avenues and allies for us in Nex.

To this end, it would be very helpful to the Envoy’s Alliance if you would be on the lookout for new allies while you conduct your investigation in Quantium. Even those who may seem misguided at first might learn better ways, and bring benefit to all.

Yours,

Fola Barun

To Snarlfist, Kralgang, and Princess Sunset she hands another letter.

Vigilant Seal Mission:
I don’t like it. I don’t like it one bit.

I agree with our archivists that we need to identify and catalog all of the things that have entered our vaults but shipping one of them off to Garund just because she can talk isn’t wise—and I’m not just saying that because she called me a “rusty shovel” and insulted my beard. If you’re reading this, however, it means that I’ve been overruled... again.

While you’re investigating things in Quantium, the Vigilant Seal recommends that you keep the skull’s presence as discreet as possible, and I do recognize this is no small thing that I ask. More importantly, keep information about the skull and any magic linked to her on a need-to-know basis. I trust your judgment if you feel certain allies of the Society can be trusted with knowing more, but I also trust you to know where those limits are. Keep on your toes down there—something you should remind your chatty friend that she can’t do.

— Eando Kline

______

Missions on Slide 2 for reference. please let me know which mission you are prioritizing, and who is carrying Zykyryz and how. After that, I will provide a map and list of locations to visit.

Radiant Oath

LG Male Shoony Transmuter 4 | Default Exploration: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 18 | Fort +6, Refl +7, Will +10 | Perc +8 | Speed 35
♥️ 34/34 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ Staff of Fire | ⚕ Mage Armor, Longstrider (2nd) | Spells (Arcane, +10, DC 20): Cantrips (6), 1st (1/2), 2nd (2/4),

"I can carry Zykyryz to each site," Domwurd volunteers, stowing his staff. "Perhaps arcane discussion will help jog the memory."


"Make no bones about it: you’ll learn a lot, Domwurd! Some of my genius is bound to rub off, especially if you rub my occipital for good luck."

Vigilant Seal

M Hobgoblin Medic 6 | Hp 73/86| AC 24 (Deny Advantage) (+2 Nimble Dodge) | F +12 (T), R +11 (E), W +9(E) | Perception +9 (E) | (Will Nimble Dodge or Resist Elf Magic at first opportunity)

I was hoping for exciting technology here in Nex but I guess Haggra was right, too much Elf-Magic, I'd leave them alone but I'm not sure it's safe to walk around with the two of them discussing things in public.

Snarlfist nods and growls at Domwurd and Zykyryz. "granh, Maybe a subtle cloak instead of a lively discussion. Remember, this mission needs some subtly. Aslynn may recognize both symbols of Pathfinder status and the glowing skull."

Horizon Hunters

LG Female dwarf (rock) champion 2 | HP 36 | AC 19/21 | F +9 R +7 W +6 | Perc +8 | Stealth +1 | Speed: 15 ft. |

Grams ponders as she considers the two missives, eyes straying again and again to the skull.

"I think the latter may be impossible," she says. "I suspect Zykyryz may be too inclined to ... make friends ... to really keep her under wraps, no matter how much we try. On the other hand, trying to make new allies. I think we should try to do that even when we're not specifically asked to!"

Vigilant Seal

Poppet | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 | F: +7 R: +7, W: +8 | Perception: +8 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

Princess Sunset looks about at the split in the decision. She seems to cower to the safety of the darkness. "Snarlfist is right. We should remain out of sight of not friends."


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

So are you prioritizing the Vigilant Seal mission?

Vigilant Seal

Poppet | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 | F: +7 R: +7, W: +8 | Perception: +8 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration: Searching

Vigilant seal vote

Vigilant Seal

M Hobgoblin Medic 6 | Hp 73/86| AC 24 (Deny Advantage) (+2 Nimble Dodge) | F +12 (T), R +11 (E), W +9(E) | Perception +9 (E) | (Will Nimble Dodge or Resist Elf Magic at first opportunity)

I don't think we're in agreement as a party but if we were voting, I'd be choosing Vigilant Seal.


SoT (Year 4, Sem. 1): Maps & Slides, Handouts, Macros

I get the sense it's VS here, with 3 VS people and the posts so far.

With that decided, the vash-vatom hands you a note and a map. Map on Slide 1.

"Here are the locations I think you must visit with Zykyryz."

People & Places wrote:

Visit the following locations to help Zykyryz recover her memory:

⠀⠀➤ A bureaucrat at the Bandeshar palace
⠀⠀➤ A certain location at the docks
⠀⠀➤ Two persons in the Merchant’s League
⠀⠀➤ A nearby nature preserve
⠀⠀➤ A priest at Scrivenbough library
⠀⠀➤ The Warlock’s Walk

Map with reference on Slide 1.

"If you have no other questions, I suggest you get going. You should be able to visit all these locations in one day."

1 to 50 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's The Arclord Who Never Was All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.