Quentin's 3-17 Dreams of a Dustbound Isle (Inactive)

Game Master Quentin Coldwater

Slides
Macro sheet


1 to 50 of 381 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Slides Loot sheet
Blakros Deception game:

The atmosphere in the Grand Lodge in Absalom has been grim the last few days. Many people have been experiencing bad dreams, sometimes nightmares, startling them awake at night. This morning, the mess hall is filled with bleary-eyed Pathfinders slurping coffee, tea, and anything else that'll kick you awake by the bucketload.

Dream #1:
An endless, inescapable sea of choking black dust stretches in every direction. It presses down, down, down, choking and drowning, without end. Four stars light the sky above, but a clawed hand plucks them out. As the light disappears, glowing yellow eyes stare with loathing from the darkness. An ebon pyramid builds stone by stone, walling in the dreamer until only the eyes remain.

Dream #2:
A shadow follows you through the Grand Lodge, hidden behind the eyes and in every word and gesture of others there. Reflections stare back with glowing yellow eyes, hands pounding against the glass, trying to escape. A crown of stars appears over the reflection’s head.

Dream #3:
Searching for escape, lost in an endless sea of black dust. Glimpses of yellow glowing eyes filled with a deep anger and loathing. Grasping hands from below, and a spear constellation in the night sky above before all goes dark.

Dream #4:
Something watches the halls of the Grand Lodge, fleeting glimpses of glowing yellow eyes staring out from windows and mirrors. Everyone and everything crumbling to black dust at a touch and the edifice slowly collapsing, leaving only a dark night sky and a winged serpent constellation.

Dream #5:
A rocky shoreline with a sea of black dust stretching on forever. A growing anger and frustration, tightening emotions from an outside source. A sudden noise and glowing yellow eyes before waking.

Dream #6:
Choking black dust, stumbling in darkness. Glowing yellow eyes appear, staring with loathing. A wave of pain and anger and the world shrinks, smaller and smaller, closing in from all sides.

Please roll a d6; that's the dream you've had last night. Each dream is unique, so the next person rolls a d5, d4, and so on, and skips the ones the others have claimed.

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2001 | HP 74 | AC 24 | Saves 10/13/10 | NG Male Human Bard (Level 6) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/3/2/3 (DC 22) | Perception +10 |◆◇◈↺ |

1d6 ⇒ 2

Manny finishes another concert before crawling back to bed. It's been a long night at the Grand Lodge, and he's done his best to keep people's spirits up. He makes a quick thank you to his guardian angel Shylye and then tucks in for the night. Maybe he'll have one of those good dreams where beautiful people are feeding him grapes as thanks for slaying a vampire lord.

N....nope! Instead his dreams are filled with shadows left by a creepy stalker. Worse than his stalker fans. And what was with the crown of stars? What's going on, here?

Horizon Hunters

Perc +12 | 25 feet | Class DC 23 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 7 HP 124/124(135/135) | AC: 24(26) | F +17 R +11 W +12

Dream: 1d5 ⇒ 3

Zabu has never let anything like a bad mood slow him down. If everyone else is feeling grim and down, that's all the more reason for him to have a good time.

Still, he wakes up with claws and fangs and very nearly slices up the warm body laying next to him.

"You picked the wrong one if it's a contest of anger you want to get into," he mutters, half awakening his bed mate.

"Nothing," he answers her half muttered question before vigorously going about the business of making them both sleepy, again.

Still, he's thinking of a spear shaped constellation when he drops his tray full of breakfast on Manny's table, making the food on it bounce.

"Don't I know you?" he says, sounding as much of an accusation as a question.


Slides Loot sheet
Blakros Deception game:

Dreams 2 and 3 claimed, for those keeping track.

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2001 | HP 74 | AC 24 | Saves 10/13/10 | NG Male Human Bard (Level 6) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/3/2/3 (DC 22) | Perception +10 |◆◇◈↺ |

Oh gods, this guy again.

"'Sup Zabu!" Manny considers giving a high five, but he knows when Zabu is eating priority is food over freinds.

"Ugh. I'm so tired. Last night was pretty wild, man. Did you get any rest? Got a bad dream, couldn't sleep." He eats some more cereal.

Horizon Hunters

Perc +12 | 25 feet | Class DC 23 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 7 HP 124/124(135/135) | AC: 24(26) | F +17 R +11 W +12

When he is asked if he got any rest during a wild night, Zabu grins ferally. Manny is in for a graphically detailed description of his carnal delights until he mentions his dream.

Zabu's face falls. "Yeah, I had a weird one, too. I'm no kid so I'm not afraid of the dark but there was something stalking me in a dark desert. And some weird stars."

Horizon Hunters

Whisper Elf, Cloistered Cleric 7/Captivator 69HP/AC 22; Fort +12; Ref +11; Will +15/Perception +15(+17 to Seek a unseen creature that you hear within 30 ft.) 1 Hero Point/Conditions/Search

1d6 ⇒ 1

Horizon Hunters

Whisper Elf, Cloistered Cleric 7/Captivator 69HP/AC 22; Fort +12; Ref +11; Will +15/Perception +15(+17 to Seek a unseen creature that you hear within 30 ft.) 1 Hero Point/Conditions/Search

Having had a rough evening of restless sleep in her quarters at the Calistrian temple, Atae makes her way to the Pathfinder Society Lodge, in a foul mood.

The elven priestess enters into the room. Her hair is red as fire and her eyes are green as the spring grass. She is dressed in robes which is black and yellow in the stylized fashion of a wasp. On one hip she carries a quarterstaff of smooth, white wood, this staff is capped at each end with a golden cross adorned with a multitude of ruby. On one hip she carries a t rolled up scorpion whip. Around her neck is the symbol of Calistria and on her shoulders a white cloak, a gift from a former paramour.

She walks in and heads to the meeting room, her mood is a bit better though when she sees a handsome young man. Ignoring the rest of the group she walks up to the bard, looking him over with admiration addressing him with a whisper in the ear I am Atae, Beloved of the Savored Sting, I am sure that I can show you a thing or two about the use of your...whip she says with a smile.

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2001 | HP 74 | AC 24 | Saves 10/13/10 | NG Male Human Bard (Level 6) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/3/2/3 (DC 22) | Perception +10 |◆◇◈↺ |

"Sup, Atae!" Manny reaches for a high five. "I'm Emmanuel Holysmith. Musician, Society member, vampire hunter (eventually) and ward of the guardian angel Shylye. Pleased to meet ya." He grins. "Nice whip."

Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"Right, the whip. And the Savored Sting! You follow Calistria. She's cool, really good with the quips and retorts. I could learn a thing or two about that, if you've got time."

No dating teammates. That's the rule. Manny nods sure to himself before eating more food.

"Actually, I could use some advice. The last few nights I've had these dreams about shadowy figures chasing me. Every time I look at a window I see yellow eyes and hands pounding on glass. And a crown of stars appearing on their head. Ring any bells? Kind of creepy."

Horizon Hunters

Whisper Elf, Cloistered Cleric 7/Captivator 69HP/AC 22; Fort +12; Ref +11; Will +15/Perception +15(+17 to Seek a unseen creature that you hear within 30 ft.) 1 Hero Point/Conditions/Search

She smiles at Emmanuel Why yes, I can teach you a thing or two about quips and retorts, even quibbles. But also thrusting and spankings. she says coyly.

At the mention of strange dreams she adds I too have been bothered by dreams. Calistrians are not necessarily known for their expertise on dreams, hence my reason for coming to the Hall to see if perhaps a Desnan or a divination wizard can help

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner (she/her) | Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 84 | AC 22 / 24 | F +13 / 14 R +13 / 11 W +12 / 11 | Perc +12 / 11 | Stealth +12 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | Hero Points 1 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Raindrop wakes with a start, her jaw clenched tight, her hands balled into fists, and her wings glowing as bright as they can. She stares about wild-eyed for several seconds before she calms enough to recognize her small (by some people's standards) room.
Nothing seems amiss. A dream? A vision? A nightmare, certainly.

Sensing her troubled mind, her ever-present companion, the primal beast that she was using as a furry bed, turns his head to look her in the eye. It takes a good minute, but comforted by his warmth, she eventually relaxes, rubbing her jaw to ease the tension further, and focuses briefly to dim the light she is shedding.

"Weird to dream about the walls closing in, don't you think?" she says as she rolls onto her back and tries to get comfortable once again. "They'd have so very far to go!"

Ignoring her joke, the beast lays his head back down on his paws, lets out a loud huff, closes his eyes, and goes back to his dreams.

---

Look at all these sleepy-heads! Someone better do something about these ... whatevertheyare. And fast!

Raindrop flits into the mess, her wings propelling her in small bursts, and scans for the most active-looking group of pathfinders she can find.
Spotting the minstrel that was playing last night, she decides that's as good as any. Grabbing a thimble of coffee, she zips his way.

She pops up onto the tabletop and waves up at the trio, "Morning! Couldn't help but overhear - yellow eyes? I saw 'em too!"

Her eidolon, for his part, uses his bulk to force one of the chairs out of his way and sits at the table, as if that is perfectly normal.

Verdant Wheel

CN gourd leshy fighter 7 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 101/106 | AC 26 | F +14 R +13 W +14 | Perc +16 | Hero Points 2/3 | Spd 30ft. |

1d2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Yeah, it was peeking in all the windows. Say, the Society is quick to fix things. That statue there was a pile of dust after that creature went by. How do you put dust back together anyways?"

A walking pumpkin plant that looks like it is growing through a suit of splint armor is doing the talking. His voice sounds both gravelly with low rumbles and piercing with high-pitched accents. He called himself Squash. He was one of the leshys liberated from the Finadar Forest that followed the Pathfinder's back to the lodge. He isn't the brightest but he did try and knew how to use the sharp looking spiked chain that he was busy... swallowing?

Once that it done he sets out handfuls of herbs gathered under the light of the moon. He plucks one of the broad leaves from himself with a wince and wraps some of the herbs into a package which he ties with twine. He then starts repeating the process with the other herbs.

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner (she/her) | Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 84 | AC 22 / 24 | F +13 / 14 R +13 / 11 W +12 / 11 | Perc +12 / 11 | Stealth +12 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | Hero Points 1 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

Raindrop purses her lips and replies, "Is that a riddle?" She snaps her fingers, "Oh, with a broom!"

She picks up one of the packages that he produces, examines it for a moment, then puts it back down. "Nice work."

I'm guessing she could suss out what those are, being an expert in nature.

Horizon Hunters

NG Male Elf (Ancient) Magus 5 | HP 61/61 | AC 23(24 w shield) | F +11 R +10 W +11 | Perc +9 (+2 init) (low-light) | Stealth +1 | 30 ft. | Spell slots 2nd 2/2 3rd 2/2 | Hero Point 1 | Active Conditions: ---

Dream 5 for me then.

"Yellow eyes? I saw them to" says a tall elf with long blonde hair. He carries a big curved blade, a tunic of wizard and a breastplate on top of it.

"Aerin is my name."

Horizon Hunters

Perc +12 | 25 feet | Class DC 23 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 7 HP 124/124(135/135) | AC: 24(26) | F +17 R +11 W +12

Zabu glares at Manny. The last time he was on a mission with this pretty boy, he did the same thing, taking all the ladies for himself with his good looks and charm.

He's about to point out to Atae how he doesn't need to be taught about any of those things and might even be able to teach her a thing or two when more people show up at the table.

"So we're all having weird dreams? So what? Maybe they just put some bad mushrooms in the soup around here."

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Whisper Elf, Cloistered Cleric 7/Captivator 69HP/AC 22; Fort +12; Ref +11; Will +15/Perception +15(+17 to Seek a unseen creature that you hear within 30 ft.) 1 Hero Point/Conditions/Search

Elven:
Oh my, another elf and a good looking one to boot

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2001 | HP 74 | AC 24 | Saves 10/13/10 | NG Male Human Bard (Level 6) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/3/2/3 (DC 22) | Perception +10 |◆◇◈↺ |

"Sup!" Manny offers Squash and Aerin a high five. He prepares to high five Raindrop, then drops his hand to her level. "I love hanging out with Pathfinders- the variety can't be beat. Some of my ancestors had a Pocket-sized Protector, although Shylye was more of a tiny angel."

He then turns to notice the... uh... animal... following Raindrop and making his presence known. "Heh, looks like you have a Mega-sized Protector of your own!"

Horizon Hunters

Whisper Elf, Cloistered Cleric 7/Captivator 69HP/AC 22; Fort +12; Ref +11; Will +15/Perception +15(+17 to Seek a unseen creature that you hear within 30 ft.) 1 Hero Point/Conditions/Search

Looking over at Emmanuel, she subtly blows him a kiss.

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner (she/her) | Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 84 | AC 22 / 24 | F +13 / 14 R +13 / 11 W +12 / 11 | Perc +12 / 11 | Stealth +12 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | Hero Points 1 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

"I'm not sure 'protector' is quite the right word, but he is far more dangerous of the two of us. I'm not nearly as aggressive."
Emmanuel gets the distinct impression the eidolon is sitting up just a teeny bit taller, proudly. But then he yawns and licks his chops, and the impression is gone.

To Zabu, she adds, "Dreams with similar elements. Visions, perhaps, rather than common nightmares. We should ask someone knowledgeable about it."

She cocks an eyebrow at Atae and shakes her head ever-so-slightly at the woman's antics.


Slides Loot sheet
Blakros Deception game:

Spoiler:
Emmanuel Holysmith's Occultism (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Aerin Airendil's Occultism (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Just as Raindrop finishes speaking, a Pathfinder runner enters the mess hall and yells that all six of you (well, seven, including the eidolon) are expected to meet with Toldrar, Urwal, and Valais Durant in meeting room 32-C. You finish your breakfast and head that way.

Toldrar, the Grand Lodge’s Head of Security, drinks deep from a steaming mug as Urwal, leader of the Verdant Wheel faction, excitedly lays out star charts on the meeting table. Valais Durant, leader of the Radiant Oath, briefly nods off before snapping back awake.

Toldrar lifts his mug in greeting. “Good morning, Pathfinders! I would ask if you’re rested, but no need I think this week. Almost everyone in the Lodge has experienced the same dreams, and the intrusions are growing worse with time. Agents have experienced debilitating headaches and exhaustion, and their health and the Grand Lodge’s security are at risk. I’ve asked you here as some of the Society’s best agents still in ready condition. You’ve had strange dreams as well, I understand?”

Images of these people on the slide HERE.

Atae, I think you haven't filled in the macro sheet and the formation page yet. Could you do so, please? Links are at the top or in my header.

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner (she/her) | Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 84 | AC 22 / 24 | F +13 / 14 R +13 / 11 W +12 / 11 | Perc +12 / 11 | Stealth +12 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | Hero Points 1 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

"Oh, yes. Yellow, glaring eyes. Malevolent spaces. You name it," Raindrop replies excitedly as she flies up onto the table to look at what Urwal is setting out.

Horizon Hunters

NG Male Elf (Ancient) Magus 5 | HP 61/61 | AC 23(24 w shield) | F +11 R +10 W +11 | Perc +9 (+2 init) (low-light) | Stealth +1 | 30 ft. | Spell slots 2nd 2/2 3rd 2/2 | Hero Point 1 | Active Conditions: ---
Atae wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Aerin shifts a bit and you can see him blushing. He feels almost relieved when the runner comes

"Nightmares yes, altho I dealt with such nightmares decades ago. I am not sure how, there could be multiple reasons, hags, haunts, and big disturbances in the magic. Do you have any theory?"

Verdant Wheel

CN gourd leshy fighter 7 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 101/106 | AC 26 | F +14 R +13 W +14 | Perc +16 | Hero Points 2/3 | Spd 30ft. |

"Nightmares? Why are we talking about bad horsies all of a sudden."

"As for yellow eyes, I see them too."

With the last of the bundles tied together, he hands one out to each member of the group.

"These are good if you get cut or burned, just press this to the wound."

The bundle you've each received is a minor poultice of life. In addition to the standard benefits of a minor elixir of life, these herbs allow you to attempt an immediate flat check to recover from a single source of persistent acid, bleed, or fire damage, with the DC reduction from appropriate assistance.

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2001 | HP 74 | AC 24 | Saves 10/13/10 | NG Male Human Bard (Level 6) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/3/2/3 (DC 22) | Perception +10 |◆◇◈↺ |

"Very kind of you, Squash. I think we're talking about bad dreams. Did everyone see creepy yellow eyes in their dreams?" He pockets the bundle and makes a note to grab a lesser healing potion from the Society reserves.

"But yeah. We gotta figure out what's going on, and quick." He fights off a yawn. "At this rate, I'll fall asleep before the after-after party!"

"So, what's our first clue? Maybe some kind of dreamweaver?"


Slides Loot sheet
Blakros Deception game:

Toldrar nods in acknowledgement of your descriptions, then gestures towards Urwal and continues.

“Urwal discovered that these shared dreams are emerging from another world entirely, and may be some kind of mental magic. I acquired—at no small cost—a concoction to transport a person into this dream realm and tackle the problem at its root. I’ve used it myself to scout the area and determine the severity of the threat. I saw a sea of black dust surrounding a desolate isle with monoliths and ruins in a dim twilight. I
retained my equipment and seemed physically present, and I believe the dream realm is at least partially real. When I finished my reconnoiter, I returned here with a thought. Unfortunately, after this one journey, I have been unable to go back. That’s where you come in.”

Urwal ponders, “This dream realm—if that’s what it truly is!—is unknown to us, with strange stars and constellations I have never seen. I’ve dreamed of a new Wyrm constellation observing the isle with gleaming eyes. I believe it represents a trapped individual, perhaps even a prisoner. There is much we don’t understand and much to learn.”

Valais sits up. “What we need to learn is how to stop these vile intrusions into our minds and prevent it from happening again. And if there is an innocent prisoner trapped in this nightmare, we have to help them.”

Toldrar finishes his drink. “Whatever it truly is, it’s a threat we need to stop. The potion only works once, Pathfinders, so you’ll have one chance to complete your mission. You can wake yourselves and retreat if the situation is dire. We have put together some items that may prove useful. Acquire anything else you may need in the city, and ask around the Lodge for information or resources.”

Toldrar produces a leather case stocked with clear glass vials containing a shimmering, multi-colored liquid. “I have the potions when you finish your preparations."

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner (she/her) | Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 84 | AC 22 / 24 | F +13 / 14 R +13 / 11 W +12 / 11 | Perc +12 / 11 | Stealth +12 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | Hero Points 1 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

"You saw only the environment? No individuals, no tracks, no other signs of life? How long were you there?"

---

For after the Q&A ::

Raindrop thinks about the possibilities and runs out to pick up a couple items.
Healer's Gloves and a Choker of Elocution: Infernal

When they return, she casts a spell from her wand and gives Toldrar a thumbs up.
Cast 8-hour Longstrider

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner (she/her) | Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 84 | AC 22 / 24 | F +13 / 14 R +13 / 11 W +12 / 11 | Perc +12 / 11 | Stealth +12 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | Hero Points 1 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

Raindrop comes back from her shopping with a diplomat's badge instead of a choker. "It fit better. Plus the other shopkeep has really annoying rules about who can even enter his shop. Snob."

She also has a scroll of heroism that some random person shoved into her hands.
school item

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2001 | HP 74 | AC 24 | Saves 10/13/10 | NG Male Human Bard (Level 6) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/3/2/3 (DC 22) | Perception +10 |◆◇◈↺ |

"Somebody's trapped. Remember when we helped out that Empyreal Lord of Air? Good times. Maybe we can help another." Manny leans back to think (also, to give Atae a good view of Aerin.)

"Dream stuff. What have I heard about this kind of phenomenon? Maybe that location Toldrar described sounds familiar?"

If Gather Information is possible, Manny has a +14 Diplomacy. >Hobnobber< means he will complete this check in half the normal time.

Recall Knowledge with Occult +8, Religion +9, Arcana/Nature +3. With >Clever Improviser< Manny can make Trained skill checks even if he is untrained.

Horizon Hunters

NG Male Elf (Ancient) Magus 5 | HP 61/61 | AC 23(24 w shield) | F +11 R +10 W +11 | Perc +9 (+2 init) (low-light) | Stealth +1 | 30 ft. | Spell slots 2nd 2/2 3rd 2/2 | Hero Point 1 | Active Conditions: ---

Aerin picks up his potion and stands ready

"I am ready whenever others are..."

But before that he takes out his wand and casts a spell, couple of books pop up in his hand and he glances at their table of the index. Casting Pocket Library for Occultism, spell lasts 24 h, and helps with 1 recall knowledge.


Slides Loot sheet
Blakros Deception game:

Emmanuel, I've already rolled Occultism for you and Aerin, you don't know anything. But, thanks to Pocket Library, Aerin meets the DC exactly. :)

Aerin:
The feelings of being trapped possibly indicate that someone is stuck inside a recurring or unending dream. The constellations suggest Desna’s influence.

Toldrar shakes his head at Emmanuel's question. "When I got back here, I referenced all the books I could find. I'm no scholar, mind you, but I couldn't find anything in the Grand Lodge's library about what I'd seen during my trip."

He then turns to answer Raindrop's question. “Excellent question. Nothing approached. I did experience a growing anxiety that something was
observing me, but it was all very quiet. A mental attack would not be surprising after these dreams. I was only scouting, so I was there for an hour at most, though time was difficult to track.”

Horizon Hunters

NG Male Elf (Ancient) Magus 5 | HP 61/61 | AC 23(24 w shield) | F +11 R +10 W +11 | Perc +9 (+2 init) (low-light) | Stealth +1 | 30 ft. | Spell slots 2nd 2/2 3rd 2/2 | Hero Point 1 | Active Conditions: ---
GM Kwinten wrote:

Emmanuel, I've already rolled Occultism for you and Aerin, you don't know anything. But, thanks to Pocket Library, Aerin meets the DC exactly. :)

** spoiler omitted **

Toldrar shakes his head at Emmanuel's question. "When I got back here, I referenced all the books I could find. I'm no scholar, mind you, but I couldn't find anything in the Grand Lodge's library about what I'd seen during my trip."

I actually did not cast it with intention of using it for that check, but I am fine with that use as well! So let us roll with it.

Aerin reads from the book

"The feelings of being trapped could indicate that someone is stuck inside a recurring or unending dream... The constellations suggest Desna’s influence." He reads another section silently and then closes the book which disappears as he hides his wand "That proved to be useful."


Slides Loot sheet
Blakros Deception game:

Ah, oops, that's my bad. Consider it a freebie, then. You still have your spell.

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2001 | HP 74 | AC 24 | Saves 10/13/10 | NG Male Human Bard (Level 6) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/3/2/3 (DC 22) | Perception +10 |◆◇◈↺ |

"Ah well." Manny gets comfy in his chair. "Someone with Desnan influence? Okay, it's definitely worth diving in. I'm ready when you are."

Horizon Hunters

Whisper Elf, Cloistered Cleric 7/Captivator 69HP/AC 22; Fort +12; Ref +11; Will +15/Perception +15(+17 to Seek a unseen creature that you hear within 30 ft.) 1 Hero Point/Conditions/Search

Her school item will be a scroll of heroism

She is ready to go, as she walks beside the elven magus.

Horizon Hunters

Perc +12 | 25 feet | Class DC 23 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 7 HP 124/124(135/135) | AC: 24(26) | F +17 R +11 W +12

"I'm a little offended that you added that 'still in ready condition,'" Zabu says. "I'm one of your best agents, all the time."

He barely listens to the briefing or information anyone else brings to the table.

"Go into the dream. Handle whatever is causing trouble. Save whoever needs saving. Got it." He summarizes at the end.

He goes off to tell his school what he's doing (brag to them) and shows back up with two lesser healing potions.

"Do we all have to get in bed together to make this work?" he asks with a twisted grin.

Verdant Wheel

CN gourd leshy fighter 7 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 101/106 | AC 26 | F +14 R +13 W +14 | Perc +16 | Hero Points 2/3 | Spd 30ft. |

If Squash has time to gather fresh herbs he can make a second batch of poultices for each of us.

Squash returns with a small pouch. Taking dust of appearance as my school item.

"OK. I think I am ready now."

Horizon Hunters

Whisper Elf, Cloistered Cleric 7/Captivator 69HP/AC 22; Fort +12; Ref +11; Will +15/Perception +15(+17 to Seek a unseen creature that you hear within 30 ft.) 1 Hero Point/Conditions/Search

Hearing the gnomes last comment, she winks at him, and then smiles at h the magus and the bard,


Slides Loot sheet
Blakros Deception game:

Spoiler:

Emmanuel Holysmith's Diplomacy (E): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 Hobnobber, Glad Hand, Bon Mot
Aerin Airendil's Diplomacy (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Aerin Airendil's Arcana (E): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Emmanuel Holysmith's Religion (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Toldrar looks at Zabu with a side eye, then says, "No, the potion is keyed to the location. It shouldn't matter how far apart everyone is. But just in case, we've prepared a separate room with your own beds, so we can watch over you while you sleep."

---

While you go out, you also talk to other people and ask what they know about the situation. Emmanuel meets up with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr. She says the following: "A tobacco-scented chronicle submitted by Old Pak from Ramparassad describes the Shadow Plane, a murky mirror to the Material Plane in perpetual dim half-light, which sounds similar to the strange twilit isle in the Pathfinders’ shared dreams. I strongly suggest you bring strong light-producing magic with you, as light effects may be impeded. Unless you can see in the dark, of course."

After that, he has time to meet up with Zarta Dralneen and Rain in Cloudy Day, who are discussing Osirian grave wards. Rain impatiently rocks on a desktop, and waves at the PCs. “Are you off on an adventure? I’ve been so bored. I’ll grab my gear and help!”

Zarta neatly plucks Rain from the air mid-hop. “Now, now. What would I do without your aid? And this must be Toldrar’s dream team. Toldrar indicated that something observed him during his scouting mission? Possibly a sentient demiplane then. Be cautious for its response to your presence. It could release adversaries or shift its terrain suddenly. Oh, Rain has some potions for you. Please return what you don’t use. Ambrus Valsin never tires of auditing my ledgers.”

Rain runs off and comes back with two Moderate Healing Potions for you to use.

Aerin, meanwhile, meets up with Curator Adjudant Seshuun, who is visiting the Grand Lodge at Toldrar's request. As he hears the news of malevolent dreams, he winces, then says, "The former curator inadvisably used the museum’s connection to the Shadow Plane and opened a doorway to a demiplane laboratory anchored by three beacons. The details are a bit complicated, but I believe that similar “beacons” or other objects may act as anchors to strengthen the dream demiplane."

---

Upon returning to the meeting room, Valais and Urwal ask you for help regarding their specific factions.

Urwal speaks with urgency. “Powerful and unknown forces are at work here! While you embark on a vital journey for everyone’s safety, remember to keep your eyes open to new wonders and possibilities. This strange environment could have some greater import than we’ve guessed, something worth preserving. I ask you to study and understand before taking decisive action.”

Valais lets out a frustrated breath. “The expedition’s priority needs to be the Grand Lodge’s safety and helping anyone in danger or imprisoned in this dream. If you can prevent this from happening again, that’s more vital than academic pursuits. I agree you shouldn’t be haphazardly destructive, but if there is a way to stop these attacks without hurting innocents, you should act.”

Urwal nods in understanding if not agreement. “Unless you can find a way to preserve the isle while also preventing future attacks, you’ll have to make a choice. We both trust you to make the right one.”

Valais agrees. “We trust your judgment.”

---

Before you go to sleep, Toldrar pushes an oil-cloth bundle into your hands. "Just in case," is all he says. You open the cloth and recognise the powder within as Dust of Appearance.
Squash, you may change your school item, if you feel like it.

Who's going to take which item?

Verdant Wheel

CN gourd leshy fighter 7 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 101/106 | AC 26 | F +14 R +13 W +14 | Perc +16 | Hero Points 2/3 | Spd 30ft. |

Might as well have an extra, just in case.

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2001 | HP 74 | AC 24 | Saves 10/13/10 | NG Male Human Bard (Level 6) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/3/2/3 (DC 22) | Perception +10 |◆◇◈↺ |

"Hmm." Manny listens to the Venture-Captains duke it out. Priorities are difficult to juggle. "We'll do our best. Step one is helping people in the Grand Lodge get some Zzzs."

Manny returns to his bed, sadly empty. Normally it's a bit busier in here. "Nighty night, folks. Catch y'all on the flipside."

Fluffs his pillow just right. Almost right. Maybe I should have let Atae show me a thing or two about fluffing pillows... Close enough. "And no pranks, please."

Good night, Shylye.

Horizon Hunters

NG Male Elf (Ancient) Magus 5 | HP 61/61 | AC 23(24 w shield) | F +11 R +10 W +11 | Perc +9 (+2 init) (low-light) | Stealth +1 | 30 ft. | Spell slots 2nd 2/2 3rd 2/2 | Hero Point 1 | Active Conditions: ---

Aerin grabs his 2 healing potion from school leaving other items to rest of the team

"Night all"

I propose for Zabu to take dust of appearance. He has smell letting him threat invisible as hidden, so he knows where to use the dust. He also uses no weapons so have 2 hands-free.

Verdant Wheel

CN gourd leshy fighter 7 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 101/106 | AC 26 | F +14 R +13 W +14 | Perc +16 | Hero Points 2/3 | Spd 30ft. |

Squash will purchase a level 4 light scroll (70 gp) and two moderate darkvision elixirs (22 gp)

"OK, ready to sleep now."

Horizon Hunters

Perc +12 | 25 feet | Class DC 23 | Active Conditions: Fire Resistance 5 CN Male Gnome(Sensate) Barbarian 7 HP 124/124(135/135) | AC: 24(26) | F +17 R +11 W +12

Zabu remembers how irritating it was to get other people to fight things they couldn't see from another mission so he takes the Dust of Appearance and pockets it.

"You know, when I watch people sleeping it's 'creepy' and 'inappropriate' but when a Venture Captain does it, all the sudden it's for 'safety,'" he grumbles.

He grins maliciously. "But haphazardly destructive is the way I work best!"

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner (she/her) | Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 84 | AC 22 / 24 | F +13 / 14 R +13 / 11 W +12 / 11 | Perc +12 / 11 | Stealth +12 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | Hero Points 1 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

Raindrop looks at the proffered bed and shakes her head. In concert, her eidolon curls himself up into a comfy ball in the middle of the mattress and she alights atop. Arranging her outfit and her wings just so, she settles in for the wild ride.

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2001 | HP 74 | AC 24 | Saves 10/13/10 | NG Male Human Bard (Level 6) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/3/2/3 (DC 22) | Perception +10 |◆◇◈↺ |

Manny pauses and springs up. "Wait! I should get one of those >Darkvision Elixirs<. Moderate strength, just in case."

11 gp for the potion, but 12 gp for a scroll of Darkvision?

One potion richer, Manny flops back into bed, plays a chord on his lute and gives a thumbs up.


Slides Loot sheet
Blakros Deception game:

Huh, that's weird about those potions being cheaper than scrolls. They probably wanted to give you easy access to those, I guess.

Toldrar hands out the dream potions. It's a thick syrupy liquid that tastes like a susurration, and each swallow makes you sleepier and sleepier.

The candles that illuminate the Grand Lodge meeting room flicker and then wink out, leaving the room in silent darkness. Motes of glimmering light briefly flash over the door before it crumbles to dust, revealing a path of onyx stones across an endless sea of black dust. The winding path leads to a beach at the base of a rocky cliff. Alien constellations swirl in the heavens, bathing the strange realm in dim light. A single flash of lightning fills the cloudless sky, accompanied by a CRACK of thunder that sounds oddly like popping knuckles.

The black dust on the beach twists in ephemeral patterns. Stone steps climb the looming cliff to a monolith bathed in starlight. Dozens of voices cry out for help from inside the ancient stone. Their pain echoes around the isle as it would within a cavernous chamber, reflecting off three other points. Across a small strait sits the smashed hull of a blue-sailed ship. A black pyramid rises in the distance. Glowing yellow eyes peer out momentarily, and then sink into the shifting stones. The nearby monolith cracks as a bell rings in the distance, but the cracks fade as black dust fills them.

---

It's difficult to see, but there's a monolith right where you landed. I've given it a bright blue border so it stands out more. Bigger picture to the right.

It is dim light in here, by the way.

Also, this demiplane has certain traits. Darkness, Evil, and Shadow spells cast are enhanced, gaining a +1 circumstance bonus to their DC or spell attack roll. Good and Light spells are impeded, meaning that when you cast a spell or activate an item, you need to roll a DC 6 flat check or lose the spell/activation (losing means it is used up without gaining the effect).

You can wake up from this dream at any time by spending two actions.

Verdant Wheel

CN gourd leshy fighter 7 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 101/106 | AC 26 | F +14 R +13 W +14 | Perc +16 | Hero Points 2/3 | Spd 30ft. |

Squash spends some time trying to complete the scroll he acquired.

Trick Magic Item (DC 23)
Nature: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Nature: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Nature: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Nature: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Nature: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Nature: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Nature: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Nature: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 That was odd
Nature?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 16

It takes the leshy almost a minute to read the scroll correctly, but eventually Squash gets his chain to glow.


Slides Loot sheet
Blakros Deception game:

I presume someone makes light first. Otherwise, how are you reading a scroll in the dark? :P

Verdant Wheel

CN gourd leshy fighter 7 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 101/106 | AC 26 | F +14 R +13 W +14 | Perc +16 | Hero Points 2/3 | Spd 30ft. |

You said dim light. Squash has low-light vision


Slides Loot sheet
Blakros Deception game:

Ah, oops. That'll teach me to be quippy.

1 to 50 of 381 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Quentin's 3-17 Dreams of a Dustbound Isle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.