PFS 3-13 QfP3: Defenders of Nesting Swallows by GM Lupulus (Inactive)

Game Master Lupulus


151 to 200 of 260 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Ki Chin's blade drops the tengu, who falls off his horse in a dead heap at the base of the wall.

New Wave Initiative:

red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
purple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
orange: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

A new wave of enemies is already riding hard down the road toward your gate, this time with two squawking tengus singing some kind of song.

The seem to somehow have an idea that they should spread out more. They are similarly still off the map, but with abstracted positions such that a fireball could only hit two adjacent ones. I dunno why paizo always puts in battle maps where 80% is wasted space and you need 80% more space off the map to do what they say to do /rant

-> Elemenar
-> Kiyoko
-> Sakura
Red
Blue
Ki Chin
Orange
Bat
To-to
Purple

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Sling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Sakura uses her sling to throw another stone at the first rider that appears.

40 ft range increment so depending on distance please apply penalty.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d6 ⇒ 6

Kiyoko nicks another arrow and sends it flying at one of the singing tengu. Barbarians, she thinks.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

Elemenar sees the new wave of invaders. He quickly conjures up another fireball and sends it into the group.

dmg: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3, 1, 3) = 14

DC 19 Reflex for half


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Sakura's bullet flies far and long and hits red raider right in the chest.

Kiyoko's arrow plunges into the purple croakers' shoulders.

Elemenar shoots his fireball at the two on his side.
Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Orange: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

One of them nimbly dodges, the other does not.

All are injured, but none have fallen.

Red and Blue raiders ride in , firing arrows as they near the barricade, at the casters standing atop it.
red shortbow at ki chin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
blue shortbow at elemenar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Both miss. Red rears up slightly short of the barricade facing the magus who slew the last one standing there, and Blue presses in close to threaten the fireballing wizard.

Elemenar
Kiyoko
Sakura
Red (-8)
Blue (-7)
-> Ki Chin
Orange (-14)
Bat
To-to
Purple (-6)

Ki Chin is up

Dark Archive

LN Male Human (Tien-Min) Magus(Kensai) 5 | HP 42/52 | AC 14(20 during combat)(T 11 FT 13 ) |CMB:+7, CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+5 | Init:+7|Perc:+0 | SM:+0| | Speed: 30ft | Arcane Pool: 7/7 | Active conditions: None |Concentration: +6

"How nice of you to come to me!" Ki Chin cheerily greets Red with a thrusting attack, electricity flowing through his sword.
cast defensively(concentration): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
spellstrike attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19
shocking grasp: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
weapon damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
normal attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19
weapon damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Double check the map, because Ki Chin is 10 feet away from the mounted raider, and himself standing on top of the 6 foot tall barricade. Red is outside Ki Chin's reach, and in order to get in range Ki Chin would have to jump down off the other side of the barricade. Doing so cannot be a 5 foot step i think, and I'm not sure that you would want to be there. Climbing back up is possible, but a DC 15 Climb check from that side.

Ki Chin can either:
* Move down to the outside of the barricade as a move action, then take the one spellstrike attack keeping your roll for it
* Or redo your turn and make new rolls for anything you do.

Dark Archive

LN Male Human (Tien-Min) Magus(Kensai) 5 | HP 42/52 | AC 14(20 during combat)(T 11 FT 13 ) |CMB:+7, CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+5 | Init:+7|Perc:+0 | SM:+0| | Speed: 30ft | Arcane Pool: 7/7 | Active conditions: None |Concentration: +6

Waiting for the rider to come closer Ki Chin sends a bolt of acid at red to get his attention.
acid splash: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Ki Chin's acid misses the tengu raider.

Orange singer rides in a little closer and lobs a bottle of alchemists fire at the wall between the bat and Ki Chin.

Alchemist Fire vs Wall: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The wall starts to burn in many places, and Ki Chin and the Bat are caught in the splash and take 1 damage. The west three squares of the barricade are now on fire, and a creature ending its turn on it will catch on fire.

Elemenar
Kiyoko
Sakura
Red (-8)
Blue (-7)
Ki Chin (-1)
Orange (-14)
-> Bat (-1)
-> To-to
Purple (-6)

To-to and his bat are up!

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Cleric 5 hp 25/25 | AC 18/t12/ff16 CMD 16 | Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 9 (+1 vs. fear, +1 vs. charm and compulsion effects)| Init +2 | Spd 30 ft. | Perception +7, Sens.Mot +4

Bat flies toward orange tengu, whom it attacks biting a nasty wound. To-to climbs to top of barricade.

Bat bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

The bat's bite finishes off that singing orange tengu.

Purple singer comes onto the map and casts a spell, directed at Ki Chin who is currently standing atop the burning part of the barricade.

Ki Chin Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Ki Chin is unaffected, but may feel slightly like giving out a chuckle at the singer's attempt.

Spellcraft DC 16:
Hideous Laughter

Four more mounted tengu bandits come charging down the road, but your trained crossbowmen drop two of them before they can even roll initiative.

More Initiative:

Green Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Yellow Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

ROUND 3
-> Elemenar
Yellow
Kiyoko
Sakura
Red (-8)
Blue (-7)
Ki Chin (-1)
Green
Bat (-1)
To-to
Purple (-6)

Elemenar is up. Note a 5 foot step off the barricade isn't possible.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

Elemenar realizes that he hasn't yet put on his magical protection. He jumps from the wall back to inside the barricade and then retrieves his wand of mage armor.

Any checks I need to do?


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

you can climb or jump down the barricade fine without a climb check but it provokes an attack of opportunity because i don't thiknk you can make an acrobatics in a difficult case like this.

The tengu takes a swing at Elemenar as he retreats over the edge of the barricade.

wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

But he misses widely.

New Yellow raider charges the barrier where it is weakened by the fire. His horse crashes into the burning barricade and he swings his sword at the tengu who is not on his side.

hooves: 1d20 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 + 2 = 4
wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

To-to takes a little stab from one of the bandit tengus.

ROUND 3
Elemenar
Yellow
-> Kiyoko
-> Sakura
Red (-8)
Blue (-7)
Ki Chin (-1)
Green
Bat (-1)
To-to (-2)
Purple (-6)

Kiyoko and Sakura

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Sling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Sakura uses her sling to throw a stone at the red rider.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Sakura's bullet strikes the rider, looking more injured but still in the saddle.

Kiyoko delays.

With the barrier ablaze, Red charges in, biting and swinging his blade at Ki Chin and hammering hooves at the barrier.

horse hooves: 1d20 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) - 2 + 1 = 11
The flaming part of the barricade holds, but one more hit may breach it.

wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22 damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
hit on 4: 1d4 ⇒ 3
bite: 1d20 ⇒ 10 damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
The bandit lands a hit! On a mirror image. (Ki Chin loses one of his images)

Blue tengu attacks the party's tengu!
wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25 damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
crit?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 crit damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
bite: 1d20 ⇒ 6 damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
Blue lands a dangerous blow on To-to, but the good tengu avoids being injured too seriously

ROUND 3
Elemenar
Yellow
-> Kiyoko
Sakura
Red (-14)
Blue (-7)
-> Ki Chin (-1, 2 mirror images)
Green
Bat (-1)
To-to (-7)
Purple (-6)

Kiyoko and Ki Chin are up. Ki Chin - the barricade beneath you is burning. You are fine now but will catch on fire at the end of your turn if you are still on the barricade then. You can't 5 foot step off the back of the barricade, but do not need any check to move off, though red is now threatening.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Sorry, apparently the forum ate the post I made yesterday for this round.

Kiyoko lobs another arrow at the purple tengu rider who wasn’t in melee yet.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d6 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

LN Male Human (Tien-Min) Magus(Kensai) 5 | HP 42/52 | AC 14(20 during combat)(T 11 FT 13 ) |CMB:+7, CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+5 | Init:+7|Perc:+0 | SM:+0| | Speed: 30ft | Arcane Pool: 7/7 | Active conditions: None |Concentration: +6

Ki Chin strikes back at red, magic flowing through his sword.
concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
spellstrike cast defensively: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 = 18
shocking grasp: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
weapon damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
normal attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13
weapon damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Kiyoko's arrow hits her target.

Ki Chin fails to concentrate enough for his spell, and his follow up attack misses.
Green charges in from off the map, swinging in on the bat from a flanking position.

wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 26 damage, sneak: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (4) + 1 = 9
horse hooves: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 25 damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6
Both mount and rider hit, bloodying the dire bat.

ROUND 3
Elemenar
Yellow
Kiyoko
Sakura
Red (-14)
Blue (-7)
Ki Chin (-1, 2 mirror images)
Green
-> Bat (-16)
-> To-to (-7)
Purple (-8)

To-to and bat are up.

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Cleric 5 hp 25/25 | AC 18/t12/ff16 CMD 16 | Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 9 (+1 vs. fear, +1 vs. charm and compulsion effects)| Init +2 | Spd 30 ft. | Perception +7, Sens.Mot +4

To-to's bat flies out of flank and bites the green rider, but misses.

bat bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Cleric himself swings at blue.
+1 longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
slashing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

The purple bard once again tries to stick the now-burning magus on top of the burning barricade with a spell.

Ki Chin Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Boooo making me burn a 20 on your save
Ki Chin is fine, except for the burning, which I guess should have had a save for at the end of your turn.
Ki Chin DC 15 Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Hurgh? That's it, we surrender!
Ki Chin is not burning.

ROUND 4
-> Elemenar
Yellow
Kiyoko
Sakura
Red (-14)
Blue (-7)
Ki Chin (-1, 2 mirror images)
Green
Bat (-16)
To-to (-7)
Purple (-8)

Elemenar is up

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

Elemenar quickly activates the wand and covers himself with a magical shield. Then he starts towards one of the other gaps between buildings. He hopes to climb over the barricade there.

Are the barricades between the other buildings climbable? If not, then I would have stayed where I was and climbed the barricade there (not in the fire). Climb check in spoiler below, if applicable.

Climb check:

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

@Elemenar - Sure you can climb up there, but it is manned by a villager in the way. He's an ally of yours though.

Yellow attacks To-to while his horse pounds at the barricades.

hooves: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
bite: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 + 1 = 11 damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

The rider misses twice, but the barricade falls from the fire and horses' assault. Other locations around the village look like they have been breached too, but your trained forces are holding their ground against the enemy on all sides.

ROUND 4
Elemenar
Yellow
-> Kiyoko
-> Sakura
Red (-14)
Blue (-7)
Ki Chin (-1, 2 mirror images, DC 12 acrobatics of fall prone)
Green
Bat (-16)
To-to (-7)
Purple (-8)

Kiyoko, Sakura are up.
Ki Chin your turn isn't up yet, but you can make a DC 12 acrobatics check to avoid landing prone. I'll make it for him instead if I get to an attack against him before then.

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Sakura rides forward on her horse and attacks .

She strikes at the aggressor in yellow with all her might.

Adamantium greatsword, power attack : 1d20 - 2 + 9 ⇒ (13) - 2 + 9 = 202d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 + 6 = 18

She then also directs Asb to attack…

handle animal DC 10 : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male N Large Horse/”Unicorn” | Animal Companion Mount | HP 38/38| AC 21T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8, CMD 20 (24 vs. trip) | F: +8, R (Evasion): +6, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 Speed 50 ft | Active conditions: None

Asb also strikes the yellow clothed Tengu!

hoof : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Kiyoko reins her horse in and looks around at the battlefield.

Delay.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Sakura and her horse both damage Yellow, felling the bandit.

Ki Chin Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Ki Chin and his two mirror images fall prone as the barricade crumbles beneath him.

Red attacks the prone figure(s) beneath him.
wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 + 4 = 19 damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
bite: 1d20 - 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) - 1 + 1 + 4 = 7 damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
hooves: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 + 4 = 28 damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

hit on 3 (hooves): 1d3 ⇒ 2

The bandit's blade destroys an image, and the horses then slam down hard - on another image. Ki Chin is unharmed, but not is out of mirror images.

Blue turns his attacks on To-to

wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14 damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9
bite: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 = 4 damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
hooves: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17 damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

But none of blue's attacks can land.

@Kiyoko - your party has stood on top of the barricade both where it still remains and where it has fallen, not sure how much of this wave is going to be breaking through if that is what you are waiting for.

ROUND 4
Elemenar
Sakura
Red (-14)
Blue (-7)
-> Kiyoko
-> Ki Chin (-1, prone)
Green
Bat (-16)
To-to (-7)
Purple (-8)

Ki Chin and Kiyoko are up. But Ki Chin is down (prone).

Dark Archive

LN Male Human (Tien-Min) Magus(Kensai) 5 | HP 42/52 | AC 14(20 during combat)(T 11 FT 13 ) |CMB:+7, CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+5 | Init:+7|Perc:+0 | SM:+0| | Speed: 30ft | Arcane Pool: 7/7 | Active conditions: None |Concentration: +6

Ki Chin strikes at one of the horse's legs from his prone position then rolls away.

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

If I can't attack from prone I just roll away.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Delay again.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Ki Chin's blade kills the horse, and the rider must try to maintain his standing as the mount goes down.
Red Ride DC 15 (soft fall): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
He lands safely but the magus escapes before he can swing.

Green tries to finish off the bat.
wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
He finishes the bat and moves around to center of the road.

ROUND 4
Elemenar
Sakura
Red (-14)
Blue (-7)
Ki Chin (-1, prone)
Green
-> Kiyoko
-> To-to (-7)
Purple (-8)

To-to is up!

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Cleric 5 hp 25/25 | AC 18/t12/ff16 CMD 16 | Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 9 (+1 vs. fear, +1 vs. charm and compulsion effects)| Init +2 | Spd 30 ft. | Perception +7, Sens.Mot +4

To-to takes a swing at blue.

+1 longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
slashing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

To-to's swing misses the raider

Purple caster rides up and casts a spell, tapping Red on the shoulder for some healing.
CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

ROUND 5
-> Elemenar
-> Kiyoko
-> Sakura
Red (-3)
Blue (-7)
Ki Chin (-1, prone)
Green
To-to (-7)
Purple (-8)

Elemenar, Kiyoko, Sakura are up!

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Sakura attacks the red rider.

Adamantium greatsword, power attack : 1d20 - 2 + 9 ⇒ (10) - 2 + 9 = 172d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 + 6 = 16

She then also directs Asb to attack…

handle animal DC 10 : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male N Large Horse/”Unicorn” | Animal Companion Mount | HP 38/38| AC 21T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8, CMD 20 (24 vs. trip) | F: +8, R (Evasion): +6, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 Speed 50 ft | Active conditions: None

Asb attacks!

hoof : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
hoof left : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
bite : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

In case the Tengu falls, Asb moves forward 5 ft.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Sakura and mount take out Red!

Kiyoko, Elemenar

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Seeing an opening, Kiyoko spurs her 'borrowed' horse forward to meet the (purple) tengu rider at the barricade. She drops her bow and draws her katana, slashing at the tengu with deadly effect.

Reitenseiya, one-handed Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 = 25
Reitenseiya, one-handed Power Attack dmg: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Another one bites the dust. Purple down.

Elemenar

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

Elemenar pushes past the guard cowering behind the barricade and climbs up it.

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

I think that was two actions.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Elemenar pushes his way past the valiant guard right after he strikes down an attacking raider, arriving to a clear space thanks to the training the party has given these villagers.

Blue attacks To-to.
wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
bite: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
crit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 crit damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
The bandit tengu strikes the priest tengu twice, but To-to narrowly avoinds a devastating blow.

ROUND 5
Elemenar
Kiyoko
Sakura
Blue (-7)
-> Ki Chin (-1, prone)
Green
To-to (-15)

Ki Chin's turn, still prone but safe distance away.

Dark Archive

LN Male Human (Tien-Min) Magus(Kensai) 5 | HP 42/52 | AC 14(20 during combat)(T 11 FT 13 ) |CMB:+7, CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+5 | Init:+7|Perc:+0 | SM:+0| | Speed: 30ft | Arcane Pool: 7/7 | Active conditions: None |Concentration: +6

Now safely away from any attackers Ki Chin picks himself up and draws his wand of magic missiles.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Green pretends he has a chance at another turn and moves around to a potential future flanking position with blue before striking Kiyoko.
wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
He misses.

The battle is beginning to thin out. In many places the walls are breached, but the defending villagers have been trained well and a scant few tengu bandit bodies lie inside the wall, while many others lay outside. More tengu still do lie in wait outside the battlefield, their next moves unknown.

ROUND 5-6
-> Elemenar
-> Kiyoko
-> Sakura
Blue (-7)
Ki Chin (-1, prone)
Green
-> To-to (-15)

To-to Elemenar, Kiyoko, Sakura are up

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Reitenseiya, one-handed Power Attack, fighting defensively: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 - 4 = 18
Reitenseiya, one-handed Power Attack dmg: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Kiyoko wheels her horse about, parrying aside her attacker’s blow. She then brings Reitenseiya up in an overhead slash that cuts deeply into the (green) tengu’s clavicle.

AC is currently 20 while fighting defensively.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

On top of the barricade Elemenar has a clear line of sight to one of the invaders. He points at the rider and a line of fire shoots towards it.

dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Fire Jet. DC 16 reflex for half. If it fails the save, then it's also on fire and takes 1d6 dmg next round.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Kiyoko's slash cuts deep. The rider is then enfulfed in Elemenar's flames. He'll only survive if he passes his save!
Reflex 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
The Green bandit is barely still up, but he is still up.

To-to, Sakura

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Cleric 5 hp 25/25 | AC 18/t12/ff16 CMD 16 | Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 9 (+1 vs. fear, +1 vs. charm and compulsion effects)| Init +2 | Spd 30 ft. | Perception +7, Sens.Mot +4

To-to focuses defending himself while he swings at blue tengu.

+1 longsword: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 = 10 Combat expertise, AC 19

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Sakura asks Kiyoko to 5ft step over.

I hope it is ok to assume that you do so. :-)

She attacks the green rider.

Adamantium greatsword, power attack : 1d20 - 2 + 9 ⇒ (10) - 2 + 9 = 172d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 6 + 6 = 18

She then also directs Asb to attack.
handle animal DC 10 : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male N Large Horse/”Unicorn” | Animal Companion Mount | HP 38/38| AC 21T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8, CMD 20 (24 vs. trip) | F: +8, R (Evasion): +6, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 Speed 50 ft | Active conditions: None

Asb 5 ft steps and attacks the green Tengu!

hoof : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
hoof left : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
bite : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Most of the time I'd say no if you guys want to ride on horses for the advantages they have you also have to deal with the disadvantage of maneuvering them. But here this fight is winding down and has been dragging on, so Kiyoko moves aside slightly.

To-to's blade misses but he takes a more defensive stance.

Sakura rides out toward Green and finishes what Kiyoko and Elemenar started.

Blue attacks the cleric.
wakizashi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
bite: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9 damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
horse hooves: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
The horse rears up and its hooves smash through To-to's defenses.

ROUND 6-7
-> Elemenar
-> Kiyoko
-> Sakura
Blue (-7)
-> Ki Chin (-1)
-> To-to (-21)

Everyone is up!

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Thanks GM!

Sakura rides to the last Tengu and attacks.

Adamantium greatsword, power attack : 1d20 - 2 + 9 ⇒ (4) - 2 + 9 = 112d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 6 + 6 = 24

She then also directs Asb to attack.
handle animal DC 10 : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male N Large Horse/”Unicorn” | Animal Companion Mount | HP 38/38| AC 21T 11 FF 19 | CMB +8, CMD 20 (24 vs. trip) | F: +8, R (Evasion): +6, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 Speed 50 ft | Active conditions: None

Asb moves and also attacks the green Tengu!

hoof : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Reitenseiya, one-handed Power Attack, fighting defensively: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 - 4 = 22
crit confirm: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 2 - 4 = 11
Reitenseiya, one-handed Power Attack dmg: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
crit dmg: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Kiyoko maneuvers her horse to the last tengu rider, delivering another blow that threatens to sever a limb.

AC is currently 20, 21 while adjacent to a single opponent.

151 to 200 of 260 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS 3-13 QfP3: Defenders of Nesting Swallows by GM Lupulus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.