Livin in Meriga: GMEdwin's Gamma World Romp!!!!!

Game Master Insnare

An assortment of True Men, Altered Ones, New Animals and Green Folk look for fame and fortune and the secrets of the Ancients in the Lake Mitchgloom region of Gamma Terra!


151 to 200 of 257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Mutated Cougar Enforcer 1 || HP 68/68 || HT 12 || THAC +5 ||AC 16 || MD 10 || Per 16 || Stealth +2

P'Reena politely declines the offer to join. With regards to the Purists, she scowls. "The Knights are the basest level of scum. They deserve nothing more than death!" Her tone leaves no doubt as to her feeling on the matter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shot Putter Funkmeister

Artemus looks at P'reena and says, "To be fair they are no better nor worse than the Zoopremecists or the Iron Society. Because all three of these Cryptic Alliances are extremely radical and are looking to rid Meriga of the other genotypes. I am of the opinion that all can be redeemed."

Amongst the belongings of the devolved hissers you find two revolvers fully loaded and another 13 rounds of ammunitions as well as a whip.

Artemus then says, "It has been a delight speaking with you. I would like to thank you again for trying to help and if you need my assistance, I should be in Jainus for the next month or so until I can put together another triad or quad."


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

Enjoy your travel, friend Artemus.

Zera collects the whip, revolvers, and ammunition if Artemus doesn't claim it, and asks the group if anyone wants one of them.


AC 21, HP 46, Perception +1

::I'd be interested in having a longer range attack.:: offers Tintoretto. But it's clear that he's focusing on the long term. It it would be more useful for somebody else right now, he's okay with this.


The deadly nightshade declined the six-shooter, preferring a silent kill.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You leave the hisser village area and you make your way in the direction of the Enstoot. The afternoon goes by and by dusk you make it to a hill which reminds you of the one on the map and that Justinian told you about. Light is starting to dim and the area is becoming alive with the sounds of strange noises off in the forest.

Do you camp or explore?


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

Zera gives one of the revolvers, fully loaded, to Tintoretto, along with another 6 rounds of ammo, saving the other rounds in case someone else wants one. She takes the whip and puts it in her inventory, thinking that it might come in handy.

I think we should camp, then explore in the morning. What say the rest of you? Also, another revolver up for grabs if anyone wants it.


The scout ruffled her leaves and rotated her berries, sending root shoots into the earth and feeling for the perfect campsite nearby...

Wilderness Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


AC 21, HP 46, Perception +1

::We should keep watches. I'm good for first watch if people are okay with this.:: he says as they settle in.


@DM, I just double-checked, the rules book talks about plants not needing food but doesn't mention sleep requirements. Does Vigan need sleep?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I would say being sentient requires some rest. I would say root time for eating and another hour for sleeping sounds fair.


All good, fine with whatever, I just didn't know.

The berries squeaked their high pitch that morphed into a vocal timbre ~I'll take the last, let me be awake to feel the sun's return.~ Stowing her pack and weapons near a patch of earth she began to sink roots into.


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

Zera nods, Okay, I'll take middle watch. I usually have to get up in the middle of the night at least once anyway. Two nice long naps will work.

Once Vigan has found them a good campsite, she hollows out a soft place for her bedroll, burrows in, and gets to sleeping.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

GM Rolls

Spoiler:
1d6 ⇒ 1 1d20 ⇒ 6 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11 1d4 ⇒ 1

After the party goes to bed, Tinteretto is on first watch and Vigan has put her roots into the ground to lap up all of the beautiful nutrients and water that she needs to keep planty but she is not resting. Off in the brush, you hear what seems to be a pidgin of the Common tongue and canine barking.


AC 21, HP 46, Perception +1

Do I get any idea from the sound? does it sound like preparing an ambush? If not I'm use my telepathy to try and read the surface thoughts.
As well as life out the new gun.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You can hear errant words but you are not close enough to hear what exactly they are saying, you could move closer and get a better idea what they are saying/doing. If you want to read thoughts, I think you need to roll your MHAC.


AC 21, HP 46, Perception +1

mhac: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Tinteretto

Spoiler:
You get the gist from the group that they have just had a successful hunt on a local human settlement and they cannot wait to eat their hands. They have also found two sacred holy relics.


AC 21, HP 46, Perception +1

This wouldn't do. Tintoretto gently wakes the others telepathically.
::Wake up and stay quiet. Wake up and stay quiet. Wake up and stay quiet. We have sentient-eating murderers nearby who are as yet unaware of us.::


Her capillaries bloated from moisture and nutrients, the vines slowly entangled the huntress' bow...notching an arrow as she put some cover between herself and the noises.

If I can uproot and move to get cover between us, I will. Then Remaining Unseen.

Remain Unseen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

Assuming the waking up works, but let me know if I need to roll something.

Zera wakes and gathers up her longbow. Silent was better for these sorts of things. She camouflages her skin so that it is as dark as her armor and she won't stand out in the night.

She looks at Tintoretto and signals, asking which direction.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Roll for me a Remain unseen roll


AC 21, HP 46, Perception +1

Tintoretto will ise mental invisibility instead of remaining unseen.

mhac: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Mutated Cougar Enforcer 1 || HP 68/68 || HT 12 || THAC +5 ||AC 16 || MD 10 || Per 16 || Stealth +2

P'Reena will claim the other revolver before going to bed. Upon being awakened, she draws her new weapon and makes sure that it is loaded.


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

Remain Unseen: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

P'Reena, note that it is fully loaded, plus it comes with the remaining 7 rounds of ammo.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

While Preena is checking to make sure her pistol is fully loaded, weapons of ancient times can be somewhat confusing. The rest of the party slip into the forest in the direction of where the speaking was coming. You see 11 3 meter tall man dogs wearing heavy leather armor and an assortment of normal weapons and half are wearing shields. Their fur ranges from yellow to white to red to brown and one is spotted. Their shields have a green dog's head on a shoulder which looks to be flexing showing off its biceps.


AC 21, HP 46, Perception +1

Tintoretto will carefully watch what Zera does with the revolver to make sure that he is using it correctly.


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

Zera examines the situation, deciding whether to attack immediately or coordinate an ambush.

Are they relaxed and talking, with weapons around them but not in hand, or are they armed and expecting a fight?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

They are just walking to whereever they live. They have their weapons out in hand but they are not in an aggressive stance, Meriga is a dangerous place.


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

Oh, they are just walking, not camping near us. I just had the wrong scenario in mind.

Zera whispers to the others

Do we want to attack them, or just let them walk away? There are a lot of sentient-eaters in the world. Evil, but not perhaps a particular danger we have to solve today. And there are a lot of them. If they were camped maybe we could steal from them or take a few out by surprise, but I don't really like our chances here.

If we do fight them... let's see, there are 11 of them and my Radiating Eyes Mutation Power is 23 (rolled it twice, so it is high) with intensity 11 (5 + MP modifier) only for the first hit, then the intensity builds back up slowly, 1 per round). Intensity 11 on the radiation chart is 3d6 damage, so if I understand the way the DM said that it should work, I have to divide the mutation power between the foes and lessen the intensity accordingly? So ... not sure, but does that mean that my MP modifier would go down to zero and so the intensity of that first shot would be 5 flat with no bonus (intensity 1-5 is 1d6 damage and intensity 6-10 is 2d6). So, I can hit one person for 3d6 or all 11 for 1d6? Just making sure before we get into it.


Seems no one is willing to make the first move. Moving on?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Your group decides that letting the Man-dogs go, seems like the safest ploy. So you make your way back to your campsite and take back up your guard shifts.

GM rolls

Spoiler:
1d20 ⇒ 17

The rest of the evening goes by without a hitch and you wake up the next morning and eat breakfast and scour the area looking for finding the moss and ivy covered stone as told to you by Justinian in Ascension.

Can everyone give me a Senses roll


AC 21, HP 46, Perception +1

Tintoretto definitely understands not choosing a fight that you don't need to have. He would apologize for interrupting their sleep, though.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

Senses: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


Senses (11): 1d20 ⇒ 15


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Your group spends about four hours following the instructions that Justinian had given you regarding finding Sagow Enstoot, you find some similar locations and after a few near misses you find the right one: a moss covered stone, hidden in a dense thick of trees. Next to it is a hole about two meters deep which looks to have been recently dug up in comparison the rest of the area.


The bush somehow raised an eyebrow at the unnatural ditch, not liking the looks of it at all...

Detect Trap/Ambush: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Female Mutated Cougar Enforcer 1 || HP 68/68 || HT 12 || THAC +5 ||AC 16 || MD 10 || Per 16 || Stealth +2

P'Reena waits for the tree's assertation of things before acting.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

GM rolls

Spoiler:
Intuition 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Is anyone going to look into the hole?


If Vigan doesn't suspect funny business she will 'look' in the 'hole' with her 'eyes'. ;)


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

Zera will go look in the hole.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

From Zera's vantage point she sees that it goes down two meters and then you see an opening off to the side, inside the openning made by the stone door there is a glass eye pointing upward. Moving off to an angle you see the glass eye is connected to a metal cylinder that goes into the further darkness below.


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

Looks like this is the way in.

She is a little worried about the glass eye, and asks if someone has something sticky that they can obstruct it with before they go down.


AC 21, HP 46, Perception +1

::I don't have anything sticky, but I could hold a rock in front of it until we get past it.:: offers Tintoretto.


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

That might work. Let's try it. You hold a rock and I'll try climbing down.


AC 21, HP 46, Perception +1

Tintoretto will fins a suitable rock and hold it in place.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

So you climb into the hole for two meters. Once you get in you see through the hole in the stone the huge glass eye which is as wide as a man is tall and it rests on a gigantic machine that reaches all the way to the floor many many meters below. In the murky gloom of this home of the ancients you see vague shapes of machines and live metal line the walls and shadowy corners.


Female Altered Human Examiner 1 | HP 5/46 | AC 14 | MD 11 | Health 10 / 12 vs Radiation | Speed 16 / Swim 3 | Perception +7 | Stealth +4

Zera uses her Sonar ability to get more detail about what is around here. She also calls up

Pretty dark down here. Anyone have a light?

I can navigate by sonar, but light would probably help us see more detail, like if something is labeled or there are instructions. Looks like I overlooked the need in my equipment list. Hope someone else remembered. :)


Shot Putter Funkmeister

GM Rolls

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Zera

Spoiler:
From the opening where you are, you can tell that the drop to the bottom of the hole where the glass eye is originating from is around 10 meters. The rooms seems to be the shape of a half sphere connected to a box below. Part of the wall to the south-east seems to subtly move as if it may be mage of fabric or no grain material. You do hear the heartbeats of two medium sized creatures. There are also different kinds of objects in the room as well.


AC 21, HP 46, Perception +1

I also forgot about light.

151 to 200 of 257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Livin in Meriga!!! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.