GM Badblood's Down the Verdant Path #09-14 (Inactive)

Game Master Lance K


251 to 300 of 516 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

Adowyn kneels down by Jilla and tends to her wounds.

Take 10 on a Heal check for a result of 16 for the 'First Aid' option to stabilize a dying character. She can use wands but hers has only 3 charges left on it so I'm hoping to save it for the next fight.

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 8/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Alecto casts infernal healing on Jilla using her wand.

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

Jilla's wounds close and she breathes easier thanks to Adowyn's timely aid. The gnome's good-natured soul tries to resist the dark magics of Alecto's infernal healing!

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

I do appreciate the thought Alecto, but Jilla doesn't truck with that devil magic :)

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Jilla successfully resists Alecto's attempt to heal her! But at least Adowyn is able to successfully stop the bleeding. She thinks that if the gnome was wrapped up in a bedroll or a blanket and left under a tree she should be to survive the cold for at least a few hours.

Jilla doesn't seem to own any healing items. It's up to you guys to decide how much of your healing you want to give her, but she'll be safe if you leave her here as well.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar lands Gregor and inspects the dead fey.

"Maybe this person has some magical healing we can use on Jilla?"

Relgar is also an Infernal Healing user. :)

The little man gestures and Jilla is completely cleaned up, dried off and her clothes are even warmed to keep the chill away. Relgar readjusts his equipment to reflect the fact that they are no longer underwater and he puts his wand back into his wrist sheath.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

Bahram sorts through his pack looking for a wand. "Quick release wrist sheath. I like that Alecto, I'll need to pick one of those up when we get back to civilization. Let's see, no not you. You're my lucky wand, I wouldn't use the last of your charges. Here we go! This is the one."

Bahram sets aside his wand given to him by the Pathfinder Society when he first became a Pathfinder and selects another healing wand. He administers a few hits to Jilla and himself.

Jilla: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Jilla: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Jilla: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Jilla: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Jack: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Jack: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Jack: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Jack: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Welcome back, Jilla. We got pretty banged up there. We will have to be a bit more careful. I have more healing if we need it, but it took alot to get us to this point."

And Jack is very stingy.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

"Now. Let's see what that stringed Cannon they were using is about. Yes, and if they have any other healing."

Or other magic items...

Bahram will use detect magic on the bow and other items on our antagonist's person.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

Adowyn came pre-loaded with a Wand of CLW with only 5 charges, down 2 previously used on Jilla.

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 8/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Alecto shrugs and puts the wand back into the spring mechanism. Relgar, will you see what the archer had? It's like she's not interested in these questions, but from what she vaguely remembers about the gnome (because she generally remembers everything quite vaguely), he likes to dig into other people's things. Especially when they're dead and even more so when he burned them alive.

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Holmes will pull out his Wand of Cure Light Wounds and heal himself.

Healing from Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Healing from Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

Jilla gets to her feet awkwardly, slipping on the bloody, icy ground. "Whoa, what happened? I remember I was running, and I was about to save the day, and then--BAM!"

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

"Already on it Alecto. You know me so well."

Relgar can be pretty greedy at times but I consider that a positive character trait. :)

Relgar turns to Jilla with a smile.

"It looks like our little friend here did not like gnomes too much and took a few shots at you and well...I guess you fell down."

"Not to worry. A few arrows and a lot of fire and now he is perforated and BBQed."


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Jilla wrote:
Jilla gets to her feet awkwardly, slipping on the bloody, icy ground. "Whoa, what happened? I remember I was running, and I was about to save the day, and then--BAM!"

"Sniper in a tree; it's how I'd arrange an ambush."

Leryn licks Jilla's face.

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 8/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Do you feel different here in the first world? This is your homeland. Alecto is obviously referring to the two gnomes in the party.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

"That is an excellent question."

Relgar pauses for a moment to look around.

"I feel more of a connection to the underbelly of the earth. The deep caverns below both here and well in our world. But the colours do seem a bit brighter here and more magical now that you mention it."

@GM Badblood - Do the gnomes feel any different here. At all?

Relgar spends a moment to warm up his clothing again to keep his core temperature up.

"Would anyone like a clean-up and magical warm-up? We are not in the tropics anymore."

In the meanwhile Gregor flies overhead to see if he can spot anything of interest and to keep warm.

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

The party pitches in to heal Jilla and to heal their own wounds. As they do this Relgar starts rooting around in the archer's pockets.

The archer is a female humanoid covered in light brown fur. Her face has a large flat nose and her bare feet have long, finger like toes. She also has a long, prehensile tail. Despite her simian appearance, though, she is definitely a humanoid creature and not a monkey.

She is wearing studded leather armor which radiates a faint aura of magic, as does the wood and horn composite bow that is now lying on the ground. There are about 50 arrows left in her quiver but two of them stand out as their shaft and fletching is completely white. These two arrows are also magical. Finally, she has a potion in one of her pockets.

Armor, Spellcraft DC 18:
She was wearing +1 studdeed leather armor

Weapon, Spellcraft DC 18:
This is a +1 Composite Longbow (str +2

Magic Arrows, Spellcraft DC 20:
The two arrows are sleep arrows[/spoilers]

[spoiler=Potion, Perception, Craft (alchemy) or Spellcraft DC 18]This is a potion of cure moderate wounds

Gnomes had severed their link to the First World centuries ago but they most likely would still feel a faint tug to vibrancy and wildness of this world. On the one hand, the chances of succumbing to the Bleaching would be much lower here. But on the other hand, without the immortality that First World creatures possess, they would almost certainly succumb to one of this Planes many dangers far before they would be in any risk of bleaching.

As the party gets their bearings back after the fight they quickly realize that they are missing one of their items; namely the item that they had offered upon entering the breach into this world.

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

"I could get used to this place," observes Jilla, "if it weren't for the sudden near-death experiences. So anyone has any idea what we do now?"

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

I see a potion in the description, but I don't see a DC to identify it.

Craft (Alchemy) to identify the potion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

spellcraft armor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

spellcraft weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

spellcraft arrows: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

spellcraft potions: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"Well, I know what that bow is now. This creature must have had some special skill of their own to make it so deadly. I'm not sure about the armor, arrows, or potions though. I'm off my game here it seems. Anyone else wanna take a look? I'm guessing we start a search grid now."

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

@GM Badblood - How long has it been since the first battle? I am tracking buff spells.

The little man dries everyone off and heats up their clothing but knows they should not stay on the ice long.

Relgar shrugs at Jilla's comments.

"It is sort of neat and homey in a strange sort of way but still I feel more comfortable underground. Still every gnome should come here at least once to see what it is all about."

Relgar attemtps to identify the items as well with a casting of Detect Magic. He suspects that the potion is a curative and if so he will keep it for Jilla who has a propensity for getting hurt or falling down.

Potion:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Armor:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Weapon:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Magic Arrows:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Relgar takes out a scroll and casts it on himself to heal himself. Infernal Healing is cast and all non-lethal damage is healed.

"Well, add it to all to the party loot. We will sell it all the end anyways."

"I am going to look from the air but someone else look for tracks or this creature's scent to follow it back. All considering that is our best shot of finding some sort of settlement."

The gnome gets on board Gregor to get an aerial view to indicate which direction to go.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Any clues about which way 'someone' might have gone or come from? Or any gnomish colours sitting around unattended?

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

It's been 100 minutes since the froggy fight

Azure didn't give the party much to go on and there isn't a handy road sign nearby that points the way. Unfortunately, the party is getting colder the longer they linger. Luckily Relgar's familiar spotted a nearby clearing that looks like it will be much warmer.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

"Let's go to the clearing so we can at least warm up while we think."

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

"Good plan."

Relgar jumps on board his familiar and they begin to fly to the nearby clearing.

@GM Badblood - What is the potion? I think a 24 spellcraft (rolled in my last post) should tell us.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

Before heading out, Bahram indicates the magical bow. "Adowyn, is this bow better than yours? It's kinda big. Think you can pull it?"

He asks with a wink.

+1 bow +2str

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Yeah, the formatting for the potion spoiler got messed up. It is a potion of cure moderate wounds.

I believe that the bow would work fine for Adowyn despite being a +2 strength bow. And if she uses animal focus to boost her strength then she could get some extra damaage out of it.

After a few minutes of walking the weather suddenly and dramatically changes. The snow and ice begin to quickly melt as the air becomes swelteringly hot. The sun blazes in the sky and the party starts to sweat in their armor. But luckily the heat doesn't last too long as the air suddenly chills and the leaves on the trees change from green to gold. Several minutes later a torrent of monsoon rains fall from the sky and the leaves change from gold to bright emerald as they soak up the rain water.

I'll have a longer post later.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Bahram al-Urgug "Jack" wrote:

Before heading out, Bahram indicates the magical bow. "Adowyn, is this bow better than yours? It's kinda big. Think you can pull it?"

He asks with a wink.

+1 bow +2str

"Possibly but I suspect the creature was using other magic to supplement the bow to be so deadly."

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar keeps dry in the storm by using Gregor as a living umbrella. The gnome whisks away any residual wetness from his equipment to keep himself fastidiously clean with the use of Prestidigitation.

The quirky gnome decides that he can do without the sudden variations in weather.

"This place is clearly overrated. I would take a nice underground cave or city any day."

"Alright back to business."

He hands the potion of healing over to Jilla who clearly needs it the most in the party.

"Now, do we have any clue where we are going? "


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Relgar wrote:


"Now, do we have any clue where we are going? "

"Not a one and no idea what to do, where to go, whom to speak with...so we're in the usual condition for a Pathfinder mission."

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Based on our reception, I think the palette is having a negative impact on both sides of the barrier. Holmes says as he looks for any clues.

Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

Good idea. @GM: To save time, I'll post some skill checks in case any of them yield anything.

Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

The party spends about twenty minutes wandering through the forest, and during this time they experience about twenty turns in the seasons as well. Finally they emerge in a clearing.

No matter the season, the air above this grove dances with multicolored sparks that orbit slowly around a massive mound of prickly vegetation and mulch. A cluster of gnarled, leafless trees rises from the heap. Instead of bearing fruit, the trees bear fat, round bindle bags, each tied closed with silvery rope. Five extinguished campfires dot the grove, each positioned near the mouth of a separate trail.

1d4 ⇒ 1

The ground is currently covered in snow and slippery ice, turning the ground into difficult terrain.

New tactical map is in the slides!

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar adjusts his equipment during a dry spell putting his scrolls into his new water proof scroll box. He casts Mage Armor on himself and a tattoo glows on his body as he does so. Relgar and Gregor fly twenty-five feet above the icy terrain keeping their eyes out for trouble.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

"Now which bindle bag is his and which of them are going to get us attacked again?"

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

"Well, there's five bags and six of us. Someone's going to feel left out."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

"Oh, look at all of those bags. I am assuming that each one of those is another poor soul's...color? Should we just take them all and get them back to their person?" Bahram suffers from a slight bout of conscientiousness.

"Anyway, the floor's turned all slick again, so if something does attack us for grabbing a bag, we're not going to be able to move very quickly." Bahram pulls out his shortbow, unless Adowyn didn't take the magical one, and readies himself.

"Better be ready for attack."

cure light wounds: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Bahram al-Urgug "Jack" wrote:

"Oh, look at all of those bags. I am assuming that each one of those is another poor soul's...color? Should we just take them all and get them back to their person?" Bahram suffers from a slight bout of conscientiousness.

"Anyway, the floor's turned all slick again, so if something does attack us for grabbing a bag, we're not going to be able to move very quickly." Bahram pulls out his shortbow, unless Adowyn didn't take the magical one, and readies himself.

"Better be ready for attack."

[dice=cure light wounds]1d8 + 4

Jack can use the bow; Adowyn's pregen sheet states she already has the Bull aspect applied to her stat block so she can't increase her Strength more. She also has two 1st level spell slots left and can cast Feather Step to allow her (or someone else) to move over the ice normally but she might need those slots for combat.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Jilla wrote:
"Well, there's five bags and six of us. Someone's going to feel left out."

"But what happens to a non-First Worlder, or gnome, who touches one of those bags? And what will happen if you or Relgar touch them?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

"Good question."

kn. Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

The party is in uncertain territory here and have no idea what will happen when they open a bag. Each of the bags hanging from the tree branches are about ten feet off the ground, so someone would have to climb up the tree to reach it, chop the trees down, or fly up to the bag to cut it down.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
GM Badblood wrote:
The party is in uncertain territory here and have no idea what will happen when they open a bag. Each of the bags hanging from the tree branches are about ten feet off the ground, so someone would have to climb up the tree to reach it, chop the trees down, or fly up to the bag to cut it down.

Or form a PC pyramid? Would that work?

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

"If one of you big people stand on someone else's shoulders you should easily be able to reach the bindle bags."

Relgar offers up from the safety of his aerial mount.

"I will keep an eye out on the skies and the ground while you do so."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

"I'm fine with climbing up and dropping a bag. One of you be ready to pick it up in case we have to run for some reason."

climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

Jilla runs and slides across the ice, her arms outstretched for balance. After a fall or two, she's in position to catch the bag that Bahram cuts down.

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

we should watch for trouble while the bags are being dropped down.

Holmes moves out to watch the area while Jilla catches the bag.

Perception to keep watch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Holmes Foxfire wrote:

we should watch for trouble while the bags are being dropped down.

Holmes moves out to watch the area while Jilla catches the bag.

[dice=Perception to keep watch]1d20+11

"Sure, you just wanted out of any physical labor." Adowyn teases while forming the base of the pyramid with Jack.

"Jilla, you'll have to climb up and get the bindle bags since Holmes is busy watching."

Remember, the player of Alecto is on vacation and apparently not available for posting so it's up to Jilla since Relgar is flying around.

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

"Oh, okay!" Jilla puts a foot here and a hand there and tries to scale the human pyramid to reach one of the bags.

Taking 10 on Climb gets me a . . . 10!


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Jilla wrote:

"Oh, okay!" Jilla puts a foot here and a hand there and tries to scale the human pyramid to reach one of the bags.

Taking 10 on Climb gets me a . . . 10!

"Oof! Step on his face!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

Bahram just climbed the tree. No pyramid needed, so that way you guys are ready for action.

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 8/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Alecto watches Bahram climb up for a while, and then she seems to realize what is happening now. She silently turns her hand into a vine and removes one of the bags from the tree.

If I can use it to steal combat maneuver, then I think I can take the bag in a non-combat situation?

251 to 300 of 516 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Badblood's Down the Verdant Path (Pathfinder 1e #9-14, Tier 1-5) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.