GM Badblood's Down the Verdant Path #09-14 (Inactive)

Game Master Lance K


451 to 500 of 516 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

"Sorry folks--better out than in, my pa used to say!" Jilla belches out another gout of flame.

Last of the elixir of fire breath. I'll target Clortho, or if they're out, another foe within range.

Fire Breath (DC 13 Reflex for half damage): 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 3) = 12

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Holmes moves closer to the Wild Hunt's leader, who is thrashing around in the leaves. Jack chops Clortho on the back. It feels more like chopping into wood than flesh, but he stills manages to do some significant damage. Jilla then expels the last bit of fuel from her magic elixir. Clortho must be tough as nails, because he is still fighting but at this point he is covered in injuries and his fur is smoking.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

A wall of wood appears in front of the hunter.

I'm expecting that you're going to debate this, but the silent Image will also block line of sight for allies as well.

Clortho swings at Holmes with his polearm while trying to smash Jack's feet with his horns, all while still on the ground. Amazingly, both strikes manage to hit.

Glaive: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 4 = 16
Slashing: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Horns: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16
Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"You think I can't fight laying down! I'm an expert at it!" he shouts, seemingly oblivious to his wounds.

Round 5 Season - Spring (20% casting failure, verbal components)
Relgar -16 - immune to pipes
-Gregoth
Clortho (black) -46, prone
Ronronne (pink), -5, blind, stunned 2 rds.
Adowyn - immune to pipes, shaken
Leryn -7, panicked
Hell hound 1 - 7
Hell Hound 2
Alecto - immune to pipes

Xox (green) -7
[b]Holmes -9, immune to pipes
Jilla -9, immune to pipes
Bahram -8, immune to pipes


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

I thought shaken was 1 round?

Adowyn fires an arrow at DaDoRonRon.

MW Composite Longbow, PBS, DA, Aspect of the Falcon, Shaken: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 2 = 101d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5

And then moves to his feet to finish him next round.

Leryn still panicked? If so he keeps running. If not he'll come back to Adowyn.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

As an immediate action in response to the horned attack

Shadow Duplicate (Sp):

Once per day as an immediate action when the rogue is hit, the rogue can create a single shadow duplicate of herself, as per mirror image. The GM randomly determines whether the attack hit the rogue or the shadow duplicate. The shadow duplicate lasts for a number of rounds equal to the rogue’s level, or until the shadow duplicate is dispelled or destroyed. This ability does not stack with the mirror image spell.

As a silent image user, himself, Bahram loves to see it in use.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

@GM Badblood - It is a real wall of wood I tell you so of course the rest of the party cannot see through it. ;)

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Sorry, I forgot to update. The shaken effect would be over and Leryn would no longer be panicking.

Shadow Duplicate, 1 is bad: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Jack creates a shadow duplicate of himself, but Clortho's horns still find his leg.

Adowyn fires a shot at the stunned and blinded hunter. It is definitely not a good shot, but the hunter's skill is such that even her bad shots sometimes hit and she manages to graze Ronronne's arm with an arrow. Adowyn then continues moving right up to the hunter.

The combination of the blinded and stunned condition helped out.

Round 5 Season - Spring (20% casting failure, verbal components)
Relgar -16 - immune to pipes
-Gregoth
Clortho (black) -46, prone
Ronronne (pink), -10, blind, stunned 2 rds.
Adowyn - immune to pipes
Leryn -7
Hell hound 1 - 7
Hell Hound 2
Alecto - immune to pipes

Xox (green) -7
[b]Holmes -9, immune to pipes
Jilla -9, immune to pipes
Bahram -8, 1 image, immune to pipes

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 6/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 241d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 1 + (4) = 12
Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 181d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (4) = 11

The hounds of hell continue to torment the so-called leader of the Wild Hunt. Alecto herself will bypass the blind and stunned hunter, pull out a crossbow on the move and shoot him.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d8 ⇒ 4


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

Leryn rushes back to Adowyn.

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

The hell hounds tear into Clortho and manage to bring him down.

Leryn runs back to his master, and moves into position and fires her crossbow at the blinded hunter, grazing their head with a bolt.

Hearing Clortho's screams of pain, Xox shouts out, "It sounds like I just got promoted to leader! Don't worry my precious prey! A little wall isn't going to stop an expert climber like Xox!" Suddenly the hunter finds himself awkwardly stumbling through Reglar's "wall" with a surprised look on his face. "Oh, that was a nice trick!"

Round 5 Season - Spring (20% casting failure, verbal components)
Relgar -16 - immune to pipes
-Gregoth
Ronronne (pink), -14, blind, stunned 2 rds.
Adowyn - immune to pipes
Leryn -7
Hell hound 1 - 7
Hell Hound 2
Alecto - immune to pipes
Xox (green) -7
Holmes -9
Jilla -9
Bahram -8, 1 image

Season: 1d4 ⇒ 4

As hunters start falling the leaves once again turn into brilliant bursts of fiery colors and a howling sends them whirling around the Pathfinders.

Round 6 Season - Fall -2 Ranged attacks
Relgar -16 - immune to pipes
-Gregoth

Ronronne (pink), -14, blind, stunned 1 rds.
Adowyn
Leryn -7
Hell hound 1 - 7
Hell Hound 2
Alecto

Xox (green) -7
Holmes -9
Jilla -9
Bahram -8, 1 image

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 6/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d8 ⇒ 1

Alecto fires the crossbow a second time, and a moment later the hellhounds surround the new target (40 ft speed).

Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 181d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (5) = 8
Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 211d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (5) = 10

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

Jilla rushes over to where the action is.

Double move (the hilltop is difficult terrain, right?)

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

As a matter of curiosity, what does Xox have for a weapon at this point? I am trying to figure out what to do with his bow.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

Hearing Xox speaking of the group as prey, she's determined to finish this fight - even if it's less than honorable.

Full round Coup de Grace on DaDoRonRon.

MW Composite Longbow, PBS, Aspect of the Falcon, Killer, Coup de Grace: 3d8 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1, 7, 2) + 3 + 3 = 16

These damage rolls have been a total joke.

I just read Alecto and the hellhounds were going after Ronnie; I thought they went after Xox. Assuming Ronnie is dead...

Adowyn fires an arrow at XoX.

MW Composite Longbow, Aspect of the Falcon, DA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 - 1 = 211d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Holmes Foxfire wrote:
As a matter of curiosity, what does Xox have for a weapon at this point? I am trying to figure out what to do with his bow.

Give it to Leryn; he can run around with it.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar shrugs as he has run completely out of tricks. With the illusion of the wall being of no more use he ceases concentration on his spell and takes defensive action.

Relgar is now prone and taking total defence action for a net +8 AC bonus versus ranged attacks

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

Seeing everyone beating up on Ron Ron, who seems to be stunned on the ground, Bahram wants to join in on that and put another enemy down quickly. But it seems too crowded over there for him to join in, so he hot steps his way over to Xox, to whet his axe. Unfortunately, he seems to be all out of luck for the day.

+1 Axe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

dmg: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Holmes double moves over to Adowyn and Leryn and drops Xox's Longbow in Leryn's square.

Here Leryn, have fun with this.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

"You might want to save the last one; he mentioned a way to leave the Grove."

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Yeah, the going up the hill would be difficult terrain, but going down would be normal.

The hell hounds surround the color spryaed hunter and bite at them while Adowyn and Alecto fire missiles into them. Unlike Clortho, this hunter doesn't seem to be bothered by the flames coming out of the hounds' mouths but does seem to be considerably bothered by their teeth and the combined attacks finish him off. Relgar curls up in the leaves, hoping no one attacks him. Holmes moves towards Adoywn and drops Xox's bow at her wolve's feet.

Jack moves up to the last hunter and chops at him with his axe. The blade gets Xox in the shoulder. Grinning wildly, the hunter says "Well, it looks like I'm probably going to die today. So since you put on such a good show I will tell you how to get out of these woods. You just need to retrace your steps, exactly how you got here. But its got to be backwards of course. Otherwise it doesn't count!" As they speak, the Wild Hunter slashes at the half-orc with the long, sharp looking claws on the ends of its fingers.

Claw 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Image, 1 bad: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Claw 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Slashing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The first claw destroys the illusory image but the second claw comes in and slashes the half-orc across the face.

Round 6 Season - Fall -2 Ranged attacks
Relgar -16 - immune to pipes
-Gregoth
Ronronne (pink), -14, blind, stunned 1 rds.
Adowyn
Leryn -7
Hell hound 1 - 7
Hell Hound 2
Alecto
Xox (green) -17
Holmes -9
Jilla -9
Bahram -14

Seasons: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The fall reverts back to summer. Thick undergrowth sprouts everywhere and tree branches grow and fill out with leaves and fruit. This makes it difficult to move around or get a good swing in.

Round 7 Season - Fall -2 Melee attacks
Relgar -16 - immune to pipes
-Gregoth
Adowyn
Leryn -7
Hell hound 1 - 7
Hell Hound 2
Alecto

Xox (green) -17
Holmes -9
Jilla -9
Bahram -14

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

"Drat!" Realizing the surrounded foe is down for the count, Jilla rushes back up the hill to help Bahram with the last foe.

Double move the other way!


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

Adowyn moves towards Xox and fires an arrow at it.

MW Composite Longbow, Aspect of the Falcon, PBS, DA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 131d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

LOL I don't know why I bother.

Leryn picks up his new stick and follows Adowyn.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

In the midst of chopping into his foe's shoulder, and getting slashed across his own face in return, Bahram seems oddly calm. As if he is just sitting down to have a conversation with a colleague.

"Ah! So we just need to literally walk backwards the way we came to exit this place? What about the pool? Anything special there? Hungh!"

Bahram's question is capped off with another mighty swing.

+1 Axe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

dmg: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 6/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Alecto and the hounds will head to the last hunter.

They have enough speed to get to the flank without AoO.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Bahram al-Urgug "Jack" wrote:

In the midst of chopping into his foe's shoulder, and getting slashed across his own face in return, Bahram seems oddly calm. As if he is just sitting down to have a conversation with a colleague.

"Ah! So we just need to literally walk backwards the way we came to exit this place? What about the pool? Anything special there? Hungh!"

Bahram's question is capped off with another mighty swing.

[dice=+1 Axe]1d20 + 7

[dice=dmg]1d20 + 4 +1

You rolled a d20 for damage, not a d12.

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Holmes double moves around the grove to get closer to the last combatant.

Man, I'm sure getting a workout today.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'
*Adowyn wrote:
Bahram al-Urgug "Jack" wrote:

In the midst of chopping into his foe's shoulder, and getting slashed across his own face in return, Bahram seems oddly calm. As if he is just sitting down to have a conversation with a colleague.

"Ah! So we just need to literally walk backwards the way we came to exit this place? What about the pool? Anything special there? Hungh!"

Bahram's question is capped off with another mighty swing.

[dice=+1 Axe]1d20 + 7

[dice=dmg]1d20 + 4 +1

You rolled a d20 for damage, not a d12.

lol! I'll fix that, thanks. Funny that it rolled a 12.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

dmg: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17

What are the odds! lol.
0.4%?


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Bahram al-Urgug "Jack" wrote:

[dice=dmg]1d12 + 4 + 1

What are the odds! lol.
0.4%?

The dice roller fears you!

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

At the very end of his magical strength Relgar attempts to dazzle the final opponent with a burst of light.

Flare spell, fortitude dc 15 or Xox will be dazzled for 1 minute.

This is the weak sauce of weak sauce. I have actually never ever cast this spell in all my years of gaming :)

@Jack - It depends on your point of view. As you already knew the outcome for the d20 roll I would say 1 in 12. What is more important is that 12 is the maximum damage possible for the axe. Good job. :)

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Rather than doing the math, at this point I'm going to call it.

The party surround the last remaining hunter and chop them down. Xox fights to the bitter end and dies with a smile on their strange, bestial face. Snow begins to softly fall on the dead and dying hunters as the season changes into winter.

The party then notices some stirring over where Clortho is lying in the snow
.
"There is nothing that builds comraderie like dying together. New life means a new start. I just wish Daisag could be here for this, that monkey faced jerk. Oh well. Her loss." Clortho rolls his head toward the direction of the Pathfinders. "You know how to get out of here, right? Just walk backwards. Now, could one of you do the honor of finishing me off? The sooner I die the sooner I can get back to the hunt."


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

Adowyn draws her longsword as she walks to where Clortho lies and grants his wish.

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 6/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

At the same time, Alecto whistles and the hellhounds commit the last act here before disappearing - tearing the Clortho apart.

An item for 2250 from the chronicle. Bye-bye!
But I'm glad it really came in handy.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

"Hmph. It's not enough that we're beat up and tired, but now we have to walk backwards all the way to the pool. We got the colors? Everyone here and ready?"

If everyone is ready, Bahram will begin the backwards trek.

"Didn't we grab an extra bag or two? Wonder what we do with those."


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Bahram al-Urgug "Jack" wrote:

"Hmph. It's not enough that we're beat up and tired, but now we have to walk backwards all the way to the pool. We got the colors? Everyone here and ready?"

If everyone is ready, Bahram will begin the backwards trek.

"Didn't we grab an extra bag or two? Wonder what we do with those."

"I say we take every bag back to make sure we have the right one. If Azure is willing he can bring back the bags that aren't his and return them here or do whatever with them."

Adowyn is ready to start the backward walk to the portal.

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

It makes sense to take all the bags we can, since we seem to have defeated the guardians.

Holmes will make sure to find his darkwood shortbow before he leaves. Once we have gathered everything up, he is ready to start walking backwards.

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

"I'll have to remember this trick for the next time I stumble into the First World!"

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Gregor flies back to Relgar landing on his shoulder and he merges with the sorcerer appearing as a colourful tattoo on the gnome's neck. Relgar suspects that the adventure is pretty well over but as his wounds are still aching he draws forth a scroll of Infernal Healing and waits for the appropriate season (not spring) to cast the spell upon himself. He adjusts his equipment to be plunged into the cold water once again.

@GM Badblood - 10 hit points healed.

"Well, time to get back even if we all have to walk backwards."

The gnome shakes his head.

"Those people were hard core. Pranks and shenanigans I can handle but this whole cycle of death and rebirth followed by endless hunting in this strange place is just a little too much for me. Perhaps the gnomes wandering over into Golarion was not the worst thing after all."

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 6/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

We're leaving. Alecto will see how you do the steps in reverse and will repeat after the group.

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

While all of the bags seem to contain something, most of them don't seem to have anything inside them. But three of the bags are unique.

One is obviously Azure's pigments, as this bag is spilling over with rainbow colors. When someone dips their hands into the bag their fingers emerge covered in multicolored ink; but if they think of a specific object or color paint of that specific tint comes out. All the pigments fade away after a few minutes.

Another bag is covered in fur and shakes and growls when it is handled. When someone reaches in, they feel something warm and furry, but about the same size and shape as a large apple.

Finally, there is one bag that is larger than the rest and seems to be stuffed to capacity. When its opened up the party can hear the sounds of a hunting horn, followed by panpipes, joyful cheering and raucous laughter. The voices all seem to belong to different members of the Wild Hunt, including the vanayara archer the Pathfinders encountered by the frozen lake.

Sense Motive, Hunch DC 20:
The voices inside the bag belong to the hunters, but they sound a lot more happy and cooperative. On the other hand, the ones that the party encountered did not seem to like each other very much and even attacked each other a couple of times.

The party walks backwards through the woods and within five minutes they have reached the frozen lake. Just as they did before, they have to enter the water withershins and turned about before emerging on the other side. When they emerge in the Material Plane, they see that Jamila and Falbin are finishing up a ritual to seal the Breach.

Azure runs up to the Pathfinders excitedly. "Oh blue skies, you've all returned safely! Do you have my pigments? You must tell me about everything you saw there!"

Everyone can also roll a d6 as they emerge from the well.

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Sense Motive + Inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 4 + (1) = 14

As Holmes emerges from the well: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

sense motive hunch: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Well: 1d6 ⇒ 5

"we do have your pigments! Right? Who has them? Oh, good. We found a couple of other random bags, fought the wild hunt, among other things. You know, the usual."

If Azure, or anyone else seems interested, Bahram will go into full detail.

perform (oratory): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Well: 1d6 ⇒ 6

"I am glad to back here in Golorian where things make sense and if you want to run away you can and not by walking backwards!"

"Those people are crazy...no offence Azure but these people were determined to hunt us down and kill us and for no good reason."


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

d6 Roll: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Adowyn will join Bahram in supplying the details of the opponents the PCs fought, especially the Wild Hunt, and what they saw/felt.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Relgar wrote:

[dice=Well]d6

"I am glad to back here in Golorian where things make sense and if you want to run away you can and not by walking backwards!"

"Indeed, it appears running away is your specialty. I don't think Venture Captain Brackett, or any other Venture Captain, will think much of your conduct."

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

"All's well that ends well--I just made that up!" says Jilla.

Mystery D6!: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

Bahram pointedly does not engage in the discussion about running away, since he was in favor of doing that as well. Instead he looks to Jilla, smiles in Pat's around the head.

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Sorry, my bad! It was a d10 that I needed. It is just random, so if no one objects, I will just make the rolls.

Jilla: 1d10 ⇒ 9
Holmes: 1d10 ⇒ 8
Alecto: 1d10 ⇒ 2
Relgar: 1d10 ⇒ 1
Adowyn: 1d10 ⇒ 4
Bahram: 1d10 ⇒ 1
Reroll: 1d10 ⇒ 5
Reroll: 1d10 ⇒ 4
Reroll: 1d10 ⇒ 6

Everyone notices that they also received the items back that they marked as gifts; except that all of them are a little odd.

Jilla's rolling pin slips out of her hands and starts rolling down away from her. As it hits the ground, it begins to let out a cry just that sounds just like an infant and does not stop until she rocks it gently. Jilla's rolling pin now cries if she ever leaves it alone.

Holmes' pen is noticely larger and when he touches it several tiny, blinking eyes sprout along the stem. Luckily they make any noise and they just shut when he touches them with his finger.

Alecto's holy symbol is not changed much; except that it now emits a mild pine smell. Probably the most appropriate mutation.

Relgar's lucky chestnut looks the same, but when he holds the little nut it emits a stream of iridescent bubbles that float a few feet above him before popping.

Adowyn's flask of acid coos and giggles like a baby when she holds it. The sound is pleasant and its a pity its such a fragile object.

Jack's ring doesn't seem to be changed, but when he takes it off and places it in the palm of his hand, it begins to slowly rotate counter clockwise on its own.

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 6/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

__

Alecto sniffs at the sacred symbol that has returned to her. This smell will remind us of this strange visit to the home world of the Green Mother. Thanks to Her.

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

Jilla rocks her rolling pin gently to sleep. "Bein' a Pathfinder sure keeps you on your toes," she whispers to the others.

Love it!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

"Ha ha ha. It sure does, Jilla." Bahram says as his ring spins in his hand.

451 to 500 of 516 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Badblood's Down the Verdant Path (Pathfinder 1e #9-14, Tier 1-5) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.