GM Badblood's Down the Verdant Path #09-14 (Inactive)

Game Master Lance K


1 to 50 of 516 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Down the Verdant Path begins on Golarion, in the town of Bellis in northeastern Andoran. The party's boat just docked at the pier. The time of day is late morning.

The Sellen River bears a multicolored blanket of fallen leaves upon its broad surface, but the Freewind’s bow scatters them as it glides towards Bellis. Though the logging season has ended, the town still buzzes with life.

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 8/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

A slender woman carefully gets out of the boat to the shore. She is dressed in expensive silks and jewelry, but the most attention is drawn to her by a bright and sweet aroma like juicy fruits, causing slight salivation in any person next to her. She is silent and thoughtful, but when she speaks, her voice almost hypnotizes the listener. Her face is hidden by silks for a reason - she is a representative of a rare race of ghorans, humanoid plants. Whether she is afraid of being eaten by people (these acts of barbaric cannibalism are still happening) or simply does not want to draw attention to the group is not clear to you, but in any case, she tries to travel incognito. You know that her name is Alecto, and communicating with her, in addition to thoughtfulness, you note indifference to any knowledge. It seems that intuition means fundamentally more to her than logic.

What a beautiful sun today - she says in a melodious voice, admiring the luminary and the rare clouds floating overhead.

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

"Wow, it sure is!" says Jilla, a middle-aged gnome woman. "I can't wait to see what the Society has in store for us. Last time, I almost got to hit a talking fish with my rolling pin!"

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

"Alecto, how pleasant to adventure with you again. It was quite a journey we took together and now we are starting another."

He turns to Jilla.

"Always a pleasure."

Relgar listens to Jilla's comments. Initially he rejects the gnome's comments as pure bunk but after a moment of reflection his eyes light up.

"Yes, I think I remember reading something in a chronicle about the very same matter. Not about the use of your rolling pin but about a talking fish."

"Say, tell me do you use that rolling pin for baking as well? It has been quite a while since I had a properly prepared apple pie."


Medium|Rhamphorhynchus (Mauler Familiar)| Buffs: | HP 25/25| AC 15 T 19 FF 19 | CMB +4 CMD 16| F +2 R +7 W +6|Init +3|PER +10/+18 (Scent) Low Light Vision, Scent|Intimidate +4| SM+2|Fly 40' +6 | Speed 10'| Stealth +2|Active Conditions Improved Evasion|

Gregor circle overhead and lands on Relgar's shoulder. The flying reptile lands on Relgar's shoulder. He looks on with interest as the party prepares to disembark.

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

Jilla grins at Relgar. "I wasn't voted the best pastry chef in Whistledown three years running for no good reason! Once we find a kitchen, I'll whip up an apple pie so tasty it'll make your eyes melt!"

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Pardon me if I am a little rusty with this character. I last played him in December 2018.

A Kitsune man strolls up to the group. Apple pie sounds good. Especially from the best pastry chef in Whistledown. I am Holmes. I am returning to adventuring after a bit of a hiatus. I'm looking forward to working with all of you.
He is wearing simple adventurer's clothing with a Mithral chain shirt, Rapier, shortbow and a couple of light maces on his hips.

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Several of the adventurers step off the boat and introduce themselves. There is a discussion of pie, baking and eating it. Unfortunately there may not be time for leisure, as the adventurers have business to accomplish here. There is an herbalist who has reported some kind of weather anomaly but they'll have to track them down first. Luckily Bellis is a small town so they shouldn't be hard to track down.

There is a letter in the slides. Also looks like we're waiting on two more still.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

"I like the idea of pie very much. After our adventure I am looking forward to it."

Relgar begins asking around to see if anyone knows Falbin's whereabouts.

20 Diplomacy on a take 10 to gather information.

The gnome also tries to purchase a scroll box or barring that he will try to pick up a used empty wine bottle with a cork from the local pub.

You can always count on there being alcohol at a settlement of any size. :)

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 8/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Alecto nods politely to Relgar. Perhaps... - she answers cryptically. After that, she will also walk around the dock and ask about the Freewind boat.

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Bellis is a small town and it seems like it's economy is based around exporting lumber harvested from the woods and honey, beeswax and mead from the many apiaries in the countryside. There is a lively little market by the piers and a cluster of shops near the center of town.

Items of 1,500 gp or less will be readily available for purpose. We'll get to meeting with the Falbin in a little bit, but still want to give a couple people a chance to post first.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar blushes. While he has adventured with Alecto before he sometimes forgets that she is a plant creature. The etiquette between plant and plant-eater can be strained at times.

"I am so sorry, Alecto. Those apples could be a distant family relation. Unfortunately the rest of us have to eat something but we do not need to discuss it in front of you."


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
GM Badblood wrote:


There is a letter in the slides. Also looks like we're waiting on two more still.

Apologies, for some reason it wasn't letting me add my PC so I didn't know there were already posts in Discussion and Gameplay. Hopefully, now that Adowyn is listed in the Characters tab, I'll see new messages.

A woman and her wolf, who kept to themselves on the boat, introduces herself and her friend, "Greetings all, I am Adowyn and this is Leryn. Apple pie sounds wonderful but I think we should focus on the mission first. I have some skills in nature which I think is why I was selected."

#2: With her spare 1 gold, Adowyn will purchase 20 arrows since she has what I think are woefully few arrows for as many shots per round she fires. In fact if anyone else would like to buy one or two more groups of 20 arrows to 'share', that would be great.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
GM Badblood wrote:


There is a letter in the slides. Also looks like we're waiting on two more still.

@GM: You were waiting for just me as Aatish posted that they were withdrawing from the module. If you want you could PM Skorn and see if they want to take the now-open 6th spot. And, for some reason, I can't see the Slides.

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Lets keep out of character chat in the Discussion

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Gather Information Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Relgar spends several hours talking to the local merchants and eventually one of them remembers that Falbin had mentioned that they would be at the library today. The party is able to find the library pretty easily and as they approach they hear a snippet of conversation between a male gnome with messy black hair and a stately looking female with golden eyes, long red hair, and intricate henna tattoos covering the exposed skin of her face and hands. On her shoulder is perching a bird with magnificent plumage.

"The druids are to blame, I'd bet you anything!" the gnome shouts.

The woman shakes her head and laughs. "You really need to think bigger, my friend. There is more to this then your old grudges."

Characters who have played #3–05: Tide of Twilight recognize the gnome as Falbin. Characters who have played #3–05: Tide of Twilight or the Tyranny of the Winds trilogy (#8–08: The Sandstorm Prophecy, #8–10: Secrets of the Endless Sky, or #8–12: Caught in the Eclipse) would recognize the woman as Jamila al-Shafah.

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

Jilla strides up casually. "Did someone say druid grudges? That sounds interesting! Hi, I'm Jilla. Now, I'm guessing one of you must be Falbin, but which one?" She points back and forth between the two with a grin on her face, knowing perfectly well it must be the fellow gnome.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

"And why would an herbalist have an old grudge with druids?"

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar does a little shopping with his socialising at the market place. He reluctantly sells his last flask of alchemist fire and purchases from the proceeds a scroll box, an appropriately sized waterskin and a pound of trail rations. He pockets the change (3 gold, 5 silver) and travels with the party to the library.

@GM Badblood - I will just add these small purchases myself to his inventory tracking sheet and adjust his gold. You do not have to bother adding them to the chronicle sheet. :)

At the library Relgar wonders what Jilla is up to or if she is simply being a bit silly.

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Holmes follow Jilla into the library.

My name is Holmes, and Venture Captain Bracket sent us to check in with Falbin about some unusual goings-on?

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Holmes follow Jilla into the library.

My name is Holmes, and Venture Captain Brackett sent us to check in with Falbin about some unusual goings-on?

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

The gnome does introduce himself. "Yes, I'm Falbin. I'm not a Pathfinder myself but I consider myself a friend to your organization. And yest, I’ve tangled with a rank crop of druids from Briar Henge, east of here. In fact, a few of your agents helped me deal with them. You'd know if you were there, but they are nothing but trouble. It’s just like that rotten lot to go mucking with the seasons.”

The woman introduces herself as Jamila. "Just like Falbin here, you could say that I am a friend of your Society. More specifically, I am a close friend of Ashasar, who is the chief liaison between the Pathfinder Society and the Concordance."

Falbin continues, “I'm sure your supervisor told you that we've been having some unexplained weather phenomenon going on around here. I can tell you that I saw it myself, clear as my own nose, and felt it on my gooseflesh. About 3 miles south of Bellis—a fine spot to gather pokeroot, even in autumn—everything suddenly gets hot. Summery. I dare say, even tropical! The flora overflows. It’s a jungle out there!”

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar's mood brightens as he had expected the journey to take days but in fact the excitement could be right around the corner.

"Three miles is not a far distance at all. That is excellent news. Do you have any additional words of wisdom to impart before we venture out into the wild?"


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

Addressing Falbin, Adowyn says, "Since we weren't here last time could you give us some background information about the druids? Where were they, who were they, things of that nature plus what was the source of the conflict between you and them."

After hearing Falbin's response, she turns to Jamila and asks, "And what did you mean when you told Falbin he 'really needs to think bigger' and that 'there was more to this' than his 'old grudges'? Have you been to the area Falbin is talking about or know something about the unusual weather?"

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Did you see anything hostile when the weather changed? Are there any other hazards in the area we need to be concerned about?

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 8/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Heat is good - Alecto comments - unless there is a drought.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

The door to the library swings open in a bit of a rush and a half orc enters. His hair falls across his face and he brushes it back out of his face. A great axe rests comfortably in his right hand, curled toed slippers shuffling to a stop, and oddly a wooden breastplate adorning his otherwise bare chest.

"Oh good. Ahem, it seems like I've found my fellow Pathfinders. Good this this charming town is rather small. Oh dear, it's seems I've interrupted important investigative work. Please, continue."

He winks and waves at a couple of the Pathfinders.

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

Jilla bounces from foot to foot, obviously a bit impatient at all the questions. "Three miles south, hot weather! Got it! Don't worry, we'll sort it out--that's what Pathfinders do!"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar smirks at Jilla's impatience.

"Not to worry the action will come soon enough. Right now we need to ask every silly question we can think of and forget all the answers by the time we step out the door. I am lucky if half the time we even remember why we are on the mission in the first place. It is all part of the process."


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Jilla wrote:
Jilla bounces from foot to foot, obviously a bit impatient at all the questions. "Three miles south, hot weather! Got it! Don't worry, we'll sort it out--that's what Pathfinders do!"

Adowyn checks to see if Jilla's feet are stepping on hot coals or something similar.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

"So, we're going three miles south to check on some hot weather? What am I missing here?"


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon
Bahram al-Urgug "Jack" wrote:
"So, we're going three miles south to check on some hot weather? What am I missing here?"

"Something is interfering with the natural course of things. The weather is too hot for this time of year, plants are growing when they shouldn't be, and it's been suggested perhaps tropical plants that wouldn't normally grow here are."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

"Oh. That is interesting. A foul artefact backfiring? Destructive druids? This has the possibilities for a good story."

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Sorry, busy weekend!

When Adowyn asks about Falbin to tell them *everything* he knows about the druids, Jamila lets out an exasperated sigh as the gnome inhales a lungful of air to get ready to say everything he needs to. Falbin launches into a tirade about the Briar Henge druids. He gets more and more excited as he talks about them and his theories about them become increasingly intricate and tangential. But the takeaway is that the Briar Henge druids are a gang who are willing to use extreme violence to protect nature. Years ago, a group of Pathfinders foiled a plot of theirs to turn townsfolk into animals with a magic artifact; but what seems to have earned Falbin's intense dislike in particular is that they also tried to burn his house down around this escapade. Since those same Pathfinder's saved his home, Falbin has remained an ally of the Society to this day.

Eventually Jamila interrupts Falbin's tangent with a loud cough. "Falbin, we don't know even know enough to hazard a guess at what's happening. That's why you're here--although I hope if you don't mind us accompanying you. A few other eyes wouldn't hurt."

Falbin harumphs, then says "I’ve tangled with that rank crop of druids before. It’s just like that rotten lot to go mucking with the seasons.”

Jamila counters, "Well, I think it’s a rift. A portal between planes. I lack proof, but I’d bet good money that’s what we’re dealing with.”

The party can also spend time Gathering Information (which does take 1-4 hours) or can make Knowledge Local or Nature checks to know more about what they might encounter in the area. The party also happens to notice that they are currently right in front of a library.


Hunter Spells: 1st Level (0 / 4), 2nd Level ( 2 / 2); Animal Focus (1 /1, 4 minutes / day) NG Human Female Hunter 4 | HP 31 / 31 | AC 18 / 15 T / 13 FF | CMD 18 | Fort + 7 Ref + 10 Will + 2 Init + 5 | Perception + 9 (+12)| Speed 30' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: Aspect of the Falcon

Adowyn asks Jamila, "Do you have a guess as to which two planes are involved? Has the rift been there before?"

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Jamila says, "I could make some guesses, but I don't have any evidence.
I think you should go there and judge for yourself."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

gather information: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

"It never hurts to learn now about a job before finding yourselves in trouble, but where to start with this one?"

Dark Archive

Male NG Kitsune Investigator 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 Mutagen AC 19 T13 FF16 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen 0/1 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

gather information: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Is it possible the library would have any relevant information before we go?

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

Jilla paces impatiently on the southern outskirts of Bellis. "Can't believe they're taking hours asking stupid questions! We coulda been there by now . . ."

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 8/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Alecto will shrug his shoulders and agree with Jilla. Strange indeed. But it's even stranger to look for answers in books. It's better to see everything with your own eyes. Instincts will not deceive.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar does agree with Jilla and Alecto. Spending a half an hour or so to go over some facts before a mission might be an acceptable use of time but at this rate they will need to find a place for the night before departing on their mission. Someone will have to take charge or this mission will be going nowhere fast.

"Alright people. I am giving you one hour to complete your research so we can complete this mission today. Find out what you can and report back at 3. I will have a quick look at the books here."

So people may or may not have time to complete their gather information rolls. I am trying to find a reasonable compromise here. :)

@GM Badblood - I am going to assume it is around 2 PM when we get to the library (add 3 hours to late morning). It is autumn so dusk should be sometime around 7 PM. I would imagine.


Medium|Rhamphorhynchus (Mauler Familiar)| Buffs: | HP 25/25| AC 15 T 19 FF 19 | CMB +4 CMD 16| F +2 R +7 W +6|Init +3|PER +10/+18 (Scent) Low Light Vision, Scent|Intimidate +4| SM+2|Fly 40' +6 | Speed 10'| Stealth +2|Active Conditions Improved Evasion|

It is not clear if Relgar's familiar understands exactly what is being said but he does understand unnecessary delay and dithering and he harrumps loudly in agreement with Relgar's plan of action.

Liberty's Edge

Female LG Gnome Rolling Pin-wielding Level 6 GOON! | HP 34/50 | AC 16 (T16, FF14) | CMD 15 | F:+11, R:+12, W:+4 (+4 vs sleep, +2 vs fear & illusion, +1 vs enchant) | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 (+10 listen), SM: +6 |Speed 20ft |Shirt Reroll: 0/1, Pin: 1/1|Martial Flex 4/4, Eternal Hope 0/1, Stun Fist 1/1, Bombs 4/4, Mutagen 1/1, Tricks 2/3| Gnome Magic (Used: ); Extracts: True Strike, 1 Open| Mes Spells: 2/2 |Active Conditions: Reflect Fear

I should clarify just in case that although Jilla's grumbling about the delay for gathering info, out of character I don't mind at all. I figure we'll get there when we get there :)

Dark Archive

f N ghoran Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 T 11 FF 16 | CMD 15 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +2 |
Magic:
Spells: I - 7/7 II - 5/5 | Tanglevine 8/8 | SL: Daylight +, Detect Poison +, Goodberry +, Purify Food and Drink +

Similarly, from my side it was only a roleplay .)

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Agreed but for RP to mean something characters have to act on it as well. Your characters' desire to get there today is reasonable and therefore my last post still stands. :)

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

The party hasn't been given a reason to think that they have a deadline, but it is good to consider that Gathering Information does take hours; whereas Knowledge checks are instantaneous.

Jilla and Relgar express annoyance that Holmes and Jack want to take time to ask the locals about rumors and the strange weather patterns. Falbin approaches them and says, "You did spend a week traveling to see us. I'm sure the weather can wait a few more hours. There is a nice little pub in town if you'd like to wait there. My treat!" he says, fishing a couple of silver coins from his bandolier.

Gather Info, Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Jack and Holmes had already know that the vast Verduran Forest teems with druids, fey, and treants, and that many of whom clash with the Andoran-based Lumber Consortium over their clear-cutting practices.

Jack also knows that one reason for the Verduran’s high population of fey is the thin border between the forest and the First World, a plane of reality where fey can live forever.

The two Pathfinders find a group of woodcutters who are in town selling lumber from a recent expedition. They say that gangs of druids perennially cause trouble for loggers in the Verduran Forest. Although the most feared enclave is the Primordial Ones; a feral gang from Briar
Henge has been sniffing about the woods to the east, transforming into giants and ambushing loggers.

An old logger who is missing three fingers and an eye exclaims in anger. "Dag-nab tree hugging bandits! Won't let an honest working man have any peace!"

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar thanks Falbin for his generosity and is pleased that all this useful intelligence was gleaned in only an hour.

"Great information recovered and good news. It looks like we are going to be able to get started on this adventure after all. It was a whole week stuck on that ship and then questions, questions and more questions but now we are ready. Right?"

Relgar looks around at the others to see that they are ready to leave.

"Right?"

@GM Badblood - I think this is just a case of different personalities having different priorities. There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing some research before leaving and I have characters that would have insisted on it as well. Relgar is just not one of those characters. :)

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 6 HP 44/51 | AC 23 F 20 T 13 | Init +3 | F +8 R +12 W +9 | Perception (+12) | Darkvision 60'

After meeting up with the others, Relgar pushing him along, Bahram shares What he sees as the important bits of what he has learned.

"It seems that our friend, Jamila, may have the right of it. I hear tell that the Veruden forest is a place of importance to the fey. You see, The borders between this world and the first world are very thin in this location. So perhaps it is especially thin right now for some reason.". Her looks to the other Pathfinders as if he were a small boy who is very proud of his accomplishments at this moment. It just so happens that it is in a very large half orc body while doing so.

Sovereign Court

The Dragon's Demand

Appreciate the roleplaying!

Jack and Holmes explain what they found out on the walk to the anomaly and this gets Jamila and Falbin back to arguing again about the cause of the strange weather. Soon this escalates into the two placing a bet on the cause of the event, with Falbin wagering 150 gold pieces and Jamila betting a large tourmaline gemstone of comparable value.

Then Falbin tries to draw the Pathfinders into the bet. "C'mon, you heard about how the druids have been attacking woodcutters out in the forest. This is exactly the kind of thing they would do!"

"Maybe a friendly bet would liven things up. I still think we're looking at some kind of planar disturbance and when we start finding clues it will show I'm right. But if you want to bet against me, then I have some scrolls of elemental speech I'd be willing to put up."

Falbin digs some dark colored sacks that are about the size of large apples. "These are tangleburn bags. I'd put them up against anyone who says those druids are not involved in this somehow."

Anyone who cares to can bet 50 gp for one of these items, which I will note are actually worth 150 gp. And if the party bets a total of 250 gp, then they will sweeten the deal. Each character can individually bet three times or 150 gp. Falbin will throw in an potion of remove disease if the party bets against him and Jamila will throw in a potion of haste if they bet against her. For those that don't currently have the money to bet (such as someone playing a pregen) they can bet out of whatever they earn on this chronicle sheet.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar eyes light up at the tangleburn bags. He is familiar with all the alchemical items that burn.

"Tangleburn bags, they burn so brightly. Pretty fire."

"When you throw water on them ... that is the best."

It seems that Relgar is almost about to pray at the sight of these vessels of holy flame but stops himself as he realises that most people would not approve of his faith.

Relgar has an obsession with fire that is only getting more intense with his time spent adventuring. :)

"Alas they are much too heavy for me. Two of those and I would practically tip over."

"No bets for me today."

He turns around to the rest of the party with curiosity.

"How about everyone else?"

1 to 50 of 516 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Badblood's Down the Verdant Path (Pathfinder 1e #9-14, Tier 1-5) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.