PFS 3-11 QfP2: On Hostile Waters by GM Lupulus (Inactive)

Game Master Lupulus


151 to 200 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
The wizard's spell is extremely effective, torching untold numbers of the little bloodsuckers for +50% damage.

It persists however, and crawls all over Toto, latching on to the cleric with dozens if not hundreds of tiny mouths.
damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 poison dex drain: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Toto Fort DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
As the swarms swarms over the cleric, the poison seeps in and makes Toto feel slightly sluggish with 1 point of dexterity drain.

** Round 2 **
Swarm (-27)
-> Elemenar
-> Kiyoko (-2)
-> Sakura (-13, -3 STR, -2 CON)
-> Toto (-16, -2 STR, -1 DEX, -2 CON, poisoned DC 15)
-> Ki Chin

Str damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
At the start of Toto's turn he takes 2 STR damage and 2 Con Damage for being inside the swarm.
Whole party is up!

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Kiyoko clears her katana of leech-blood with a chiburui slash, then resheathes her blade and retreats up the staircase to the Laughing Crow's fo'c'sle. As she does so, she retrieves a flask of alchemist's fire from her pack.

Move action to resheath her katana, move action to draw the flask, and a five-foot-step.

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

“To-to, get out there!!“ Sakura shouts.

She readies to throw as soon as To-to has moved.

touch attack : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
acid damage : 1d6 ⇒ 6 +50% = 9

She retrieves another acid flask.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

I'm waiting for To-to to move before I do another blast of flame.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Kiyoko winds up her throwing arm.

Readying to act after To-to moves out of the swarm. Hopefully I don’t set the riverboat on fire.

Alchemist’s fire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d6 ⇒ 4

Splash direction: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Cleric 5 hp 25/25 | AC 18/t12/ff16 CMD 16 | Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 9 (+1 vs. fear, +1 vs. charm and compulsion effects)| Init +2 | Spd 30 ft. | Perception +7, Sens.Mot +4

As friends lob bombs toward creatures Toto moves out of swarm and heals himself.

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

Elemenar steps close to the poop deck railing. The swarm of leeches squirms and writhes on the main deck just below him. He takes a deep breathe and then belches out another blast of flame.

dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12 Fire breath: DC 17 relfex for half. I've gotten some serious dmg out of this Fire Breath -- 18 the first roll, 12 this roll. Not complaining.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Elemenar breathes another devastating gout of flame over the swarm of leeches, this time scorching them down to the last little bloodsucker.

Elemenar's spell was able to finish it off, so the rest of you can save your alchemical items.

Toto heals some damage but is still dealing with the effects of the poison.
Toto Fort: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 1 = 5 DEX drain: 1d3 ⇒ 1
The cleric suffers the effects again, but the poison naturally subsides after that, leaving only the lingering dex drain.

Combat complete, you have the following maladies, all the ability reductions are damage, except for the DEX which is drain. Damage looks like it heals 1 per long rest, but drain needs magical aid, like restoration spells.
Kiyoko (-2)
Sakura (-13, -3 STR, -2 CON)
Toto (-11, -2 STR, -2 DEX, -2 CON)

To simplify your decision making, I'll tell you that you have a few days of peace and quiet on the boat, during which the STR and CON damage will naturally heal.

To-to does need something like a lesser restoration spell to recover his DEX.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Kiyoko breathes a sigh of relief as the swarm of leeches stops moving. She stows the flask of alchemist’s fire she had in hand and takes a closer look at the giant leech that she had cut down. She shudders at its massive lamprey-like mouth. I am glad that one did not latch on to anyone.

Dark Archive

LN Male Human (Tien-Min) Magus(Kensai) 5 | HP 42/52 | AC 14(20 during combat)(T 11 FT 13 ) |CMB:+7, CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+5 | Init:+7|Perc:+0 | SM:+0| | Speed: 30ft | Arcane Pool: 7/7 | Active conditions: None |Concentration: +6

"Where in Golarion did those come from?!" Ki Chin asks ass he takes a few breaths.

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Cleric 5 hp 25/25 | AC 18/t12/ff16 CMD 16 | Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 9 (+1 vs. fear, +1 vs. charm and compulsion effects)| Init +2 | Spd 30 ft. | Perception +7, Sens.Mot +4

Toto takes a moment to catch his breath "I need really long rest to recover from this, also a restoration spell is in order."


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

To-to prepares lesser restoration the following day and is able to restore his drained dexterity, then get his spells back in order the next.

It is then that the Tuunma river drops you out into the Sea of Eels. It should only be a few more days to cross this body and get to your destination.

But on morning of your second day on the still sea, the light of dawn reveals a ship some six hundred feet to port and fast approaching. Its banner bears a single upthrust spear, and its golden sails sparkle in the morning sun.

Knowledge Local or Nobility DC 13:
The markings on the ship mark is as belonging to Lingshen. That's the nation looking for the braid, the one where you broke through their checkpoint and killed some of their soldiers.

Do you wish to react to the ships approach in any way, or just continue on your course? You estimate it will cross paths with you in about 4 rounds.

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Sakura will immediately take her white steed out on deck as soon as she knows that they’re facing trouble.

I assume this will take the full 4 rounds.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

The banner of Lingshen,” Kiyoko notes calmly. “Here for the braid, no doubt.

I wonder which of the soldiers whose lives were spared spread news of our passing.

The sword saint unshoulders her bow, ready to fire as soon as she has a clear target on someone on the approaching ship.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

Knowledge(nobility): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Kiyoko wrote:
“The banner of Lingshen,” Kiyoko notes calmly. “Here for the braid, no doubt.”

"Fantastic." Elemenar watches the approaching ship. "Yet another encounter with people having more weapons than brains. Do they really think that they can just pull up next to our ship and we'll hand over the relic?" He scoffs.

Knowledge(geography): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Why do they call this the Sea of Eels?


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

@Elemenar this isn't from the scenario, but from a wiki:
Despite having four bordering countries, the Sea of Eels is arguably of the most economic importance to the Sun Shogunate of Shokuro, which sits to the east of the Sea of Eels, and uses the sea as its main trade route to export its agricultural produce across the continent. This section of coastline is dotted with small fishing villages, which have long been beset by huge eels that live deeper within the Sea of Eels and possess strange magical powers. These aggressive creatures had been kept in check by a group of kami known as the Makaitsu. However, in the last few years, the kami seem to have disappeared, leaving the impoverished fisherfolk at the mercy of the flesh-hungry eels.

After Kiyoko recognizes the ship's markings, you can plan a bit. The ship is 600 feet and will close that distance in 4 rounds. So you can have a general plan for how to deal with them, assuming that they will want the braid and will board your ship to get it if necessary.
(1) Let them board and meet them with blades or words depending on their disposition.
(2) Have 1 round of firing ranged attacks before they board, meeting them with blades.
(3) Have 1 round of either ranged attacks or preparing to board THEM.
(4) Sail away as fast as you can and hope to outrun them.
(5) Some other option

Lemme know what the consensus is.

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Cleric 5 hp 25/25 | AC 18/t12/ff16 CMD 16 | Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 9 (+1 vs. fear, +1 vs. charm and compulsion effects)| Init +2 | Spd 30 ft. | Perception +7, Sens.Mot +4

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
"Let's just try and sail away before they can reach us. If that doesn't work and they want to fight, then we should go on offensive and board their ship. That's my plan."

Dark Archive

LN Male Human (Tien-Min) Magus(Kensai) 5 | HP 42/52 | AC 14(20 during combat)(T 11 FT 13 ) |CMB:+7, CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+5 | Init:+7|Perc:+0 | SM:+0| | Speed: 30ft | Arcane Pool: 7/7 | Active conditions: None |Concentration: +6

"We should face them head on! What weapons do we have?" Ki Chin looks around the ship for any cannons or ballista.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Your boat is unarmed, so any attacks you make at the approaching ship will be from your own abilities. You decide to fire first as they approach and presumably fight them in full once they board.

Most of the enemy crew is protected below decks, including whatever boarding party is prepared as well as the crew that fires off grappling hooks to pull their ship alongside yours.

As the ship reels itself closer to the Laughing Crow, you can all see several soldiers and a presumed officer or commander emerging from below decks to board your boat. The officer is a female human, her outline magically blurry and sword crackling with electricity. She announces "Renegade vessel - Xiao Wen of the army of Lingshen demands you prepare to be boarded and hand over the braid." She does not look she will have much patience for refusal.
Everyone can have a shot at them with a ranged attack and then I will roll initiative. Sakura gets her big horse out on the small ship.

Ki Chin, To-to, Elemenar, Kiyoko can make a ranged attack or spell, and can cast a self buff like mage armor, also move yourself on the boat wherever you want to be, the boarders are approaching from the right, and their positions are pretty abstract until they get on your boat. But assume you can ready a ranged attack as they come into your range if that is what you wish to do.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Kiyoko decides to answer the officer with a bowshot.

What sort of armor does it look like she's wearing? What are the rank-and-file soldiers wearing, for that matter?

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d6 ⇒ 3


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Kiyoko's arrow misses the officer, who stares unblinkingly as their boat closes in.

@kiyoko - the officer is a heavy set of leather armor, and the others are unarmored and unarmed, likely fighting like monks.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

Did you say that we have time to cast a buff spell and cast an attack spell?


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

@elemenar - yes

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Cleric 5 hp 25/25 | AC 18/t12/ff16 CMD 16 | Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 9 (+1 vs. fear, +1 vs. charm and compulsion effects)| Init +2 | Spd 30 ft. | Perception +7, Sens.Mot +4

Toto casts aid spell on himself and shoots the officer with crossbow.

temp hp: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
masterwork light crossbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

Elemenar quickly casts a mage armor spell on himself then looks over at the enemy boat. He looks for a large flat space on the deck then reads a spell off a scroll. A moment later a large ball of flame materializes on the boat deck.

Flaming Sphere. Anyone caught in it needs a DC 17??? (10 + spell level + INT + fire bonus) reflex to avoid the dmg of 3d6. The sphere should light the wooden deck on fire.

Dark Archive

LN Male Human (Tien-Min) Magus(Kensai) 5 | HP 42/52 | AC 14(20 during combat)(T 11 FT 13 ) |CMB:+7, CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+5 | Init:+7|Perc:+0 | SM:+0| | Speed: 30ft | Arcane Pool: 7/7 | Active conditions: None |Concentration: +6

A bolt of acid flies from the magus' fingers flying at Blue.
Acid splash(Ranged touch): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

As soon as the spell leaves his fingers Ki Chin immediately casts another spell as mirror image: 1d4 ⇒ 2 image of himself spring up beside the magus.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

To-to and Ki Chin's missiles both miss their marks.

Elemenar's flaming sphere does begin to light the ship's deck on fire. It is for sure something that the enemy crew has to deal with, but is not like the whole ship is ablaze and about to sink in the next few rounds. It does serve to distract one of the soldiers, who remains behind to command some of the crew to get to their fire suppression duties.

Elemenar, as far as damaging creatures, I think the flaming sphere spell can ram into one creature per turn, but not universally damage creatures around it. So when you create it you can ram it into one target of your choice.

Casting it from a scroll results in a pretty low DC, I think using the minimum casting ability a caster would need (so 12 to cast 2nd level spells), and no special DC bumps from anything like Spell Focus or what your fire bonus is from. Unless it specifically affects scrolls/spell trigger items. So the DC should be 10 + 2 + 2 - 14.

Reflex d20 vs Flaming Sphere: 1d20 ⇒ 17
That would save, regardless of who you was targetted by the flaming sphere, so this round "ALL" it did was start a fire on the enemy ship.

The Lingshen forces then board your ship, swinging across to find their quarry, after making their way through you. Two of the monks scramble to the aft castle to take on the wizard who lit their boat on fire, and the officer and another monk board the main deck, with one solder remaining behind for now to try to help the crew quell the flames.

Initiative:

Kiyoko Tamahi Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Lin Ki Chin Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
To-to-obika Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Elemenar Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Sakura Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Xiao Wen Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Orange Monk Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Yellow Monk Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Blue Monk Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Purple Monk Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Blue takes a pair of punches at Elemenar. "Stop that fire and surrender the braid!"
punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
But his fists are deflected by the wizard's protective mage armor.

** Round 1 **
Blue
-> Kiyoko
Yellow
Sakura
Elemenar
Orange
Xiao Wen
To-to (7 THP)
Lin Ki Chin (2 images)
Purple

Kiyoko is up!

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Reitenseiya, one-handed, Iaijutsu Strike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Reitenseiya, one-handed, challenge dmg: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Iaijutsu Strike dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Kiyoko pops Reitenseiya out of its saya an inch, then draws it in a black blur to cut down the (yellow) monk who boarded the riverboat next to her.

Swift action to challenge, full-round action to Iaijutsu Strike. AC is 10, 12 against the yellow monk, until her next turn. Add 1 to AC to both numbers for any attack she's only adjacent to one enemy. She also has DR2/- against the yellow monk.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Kiyoko's strike cuts deep across the monk's back. That monk turns his attention from the mage to the samurai and sends a flurry of strikes her way.
flurry punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
flurry punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
crit?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12extra damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Both strikes connect, though damage is reduced. (Kiyoko takes 4+3=7)

** Round 1 **
Blue
Kiyoko (-7)
Yellow (-15)
-> Sakura
-> Elemenar
Orange
Xiao Wen
To-to (7 THP)
Lin Ki Chin (2 images)
Purple

Sakura, Elemenar are up!

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

“This attack is not right. We found the braid!!“ she shouts and moves on Asb to attack the warrior in orange clothing next to her.

Adamantium greatsword, power attack : 1d20 - 2 + 9 ⇒ (13) - 2 + 9 = 202d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 + 6 = 23

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

Elemenar takes a step back and away from one of the men. He then performs a quick bit of magic. A moment later he belches forth a cone of flame. Once the flame subsides he glances at the attacking ship. There is a soldier trying to put out the flaming sphere. Elemenar flicks a finger towards the sphere and it rams into the soldier.

5 foot step, then casting Fire Breath defensively (DC 19), then move action to move the FS to hit the soldier. DC 17 Reflex to avoid the dmg

cast defensively: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Fire Breath dmg: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5, 1) = 10 To yellow and blue, DC 17 reflex for half
FS dmg: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6) = 14


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Sakura's blade downs orange monk in one swing from atop her horse.

blue reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
yellow reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Fires wash over elemenar's first targets, and the yellow one falls.

purple reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
The soldier trying to extinguish the flames on the other boat also fails to dodge the fires.

The officer steps closer to the wounded Kiyoko, and casts a spell defensively to try and strike at her.
Concentration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
She then swings her sword twice, the first time with the power of her shocking grasp spell attached!
Spellstrike: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 2 + 3 = 30Damage + Shocking Grasp: 1d6 + 7 + 1d6 + 5d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (4) + (5, 2, 4, 6, 5) = 35
Her spell-infused blade strikes the samurai down. "You should have surrendered, the braid is all we want!"

Her second attack she swings around at the opposing magus and his multiple images.
Shocking Scimitar: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 2 = 28Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (2) = 10
Critical?: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 2 = 20Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + (2) = 15
But wait, which image? She hits on a 3: 1d3 ⇒ 3
The formidable magus sees right through Ki Chin's defenses, as her second attack delivers a biting wound to take off about half his health.

** Round 1 **
Blue (-10)
Kiyoko (-42, bleeding out at -2 HP)
Sakura
Elemenar
Xiao Wen
-> To-to (7 THP)
-> Lin Ki Chin (-25, 2 images)
Purple (-8)

To-to and Ki Chin are up! (Kiyoko is down)

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Cleric 5 hp 25/25 | AC 18/t12/ff16 CMD 16 | Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 9 (+1 vs. fear, +1 vs. charm and compulsion effects)| Init +2 | Spd 30 ft. | Perception +7, Sens.Mot +4

Toto loads his crossbow and fires a second bolt at the magus.

masterwork light crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

blur <=20: 1d100 ⇒ 35
To-to's shot misses the enemy magus, not due to her blur spell, but due to the chaos of firing into the melee where she is engaged with Ki Chin.

Ki Chin delays.

Purple tries some fire suppression techniques with whatever equipment and training the crew has prepared.
Profession Sailor with Help: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18
They manage to extinguish the flaming sphere, and the Purple monk turns, looking ready to join the fray on your boat next round as the lesser crew can clean up the rest of the fire.

Blue tries to hit Elemenar with a flurry of blows.
flurry punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
flurry punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
One of the strikes hits the wizard, for 9 damage.

Kiyoko bleeds out for one more point of damage!

** Round 1 **
Blue (-10)
Kiyoko (-43, bleeding out at -3 HP)
-> Sakura
-> Elemenar (-9)
Xiao Wen
To-to (7 THP)
-> Lin Ki Chin (-25, 2 images)
Purple (-8)

Ki Chin, Sakura, Elemenar are up! (also, if Kiyoko has something she can/wants to do while dying, her turn is happening now too)

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Stabilization check, dc 10: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 2 = 10

Kiyo would only take the 1 hp of damage after failing a stabilization roll, so she’s now stable at -2.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

@Kiyoko cool, i didn't remember the dying rules apparently

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

Sakura rides forward on her horse and dismounts.

Riding is no action and move action to dismount.

“Kiyoko!! No!!!!“ she shouts when she sees the bloody body.

She strikes at the aggressor with all her might and challenges her.

Swift action challenge.

Adamantium greatsword, power attack : 1d20 - 2 + 9 ⇒ (20) - 2 + 9 = 272d6 + 6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 6 + 6 + 4 = 28

Crit? : 1d20 - 2 + 9 ⇒ (10) - 2 + 9 = 172d6 + 6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 + 6 + 4 = 22


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

blur: 1d100 ⇒ 66 dang...
Sakura's dismounting strike cuts right through the officer's illusory defense, and though the officer. She falls.

Ki Chin, Elemenar are up!

Dark Archive

LN Male Human (Tien-Min) Magus(Kensai) 5 | HP 42/52 | AC 14(20 during combat)(T 11 FT 13 ) |CMB:+7, CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+5 | Init:+7|Perc:+0 | SM:+0| | Speed: 30ft | Arcane Pool: 7/7 | Active conditions: None |Concentration: +6

Ki Chin runs up the stairs, jumping over Kiyoko and attacks blue. longsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Ki Chin's sword brings down the last monk aboard your ship.
With that, the Lingshen ship signals its surrender for return of their injured and dead.

How do you want to deal with them? They would be eager to return to their families without further violence, but if you accept their surrender you can search their ship or try to intimidate them into come along to your final destination.

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

“Dear To-to, can you please cure Kiyoko?! And please also stabilize the other fallen enemies?!“ Sakura shouts.

She waits until she sees Kiyoko open her eyes.

Sakura then sheathes her sword and addresses the enemies.

“You are here because you serve your masters. You giving up means that you have wisdom but I cannot judge the honor of your actions. Take your fallen and leave us alone!“ she says.

“But we request that you allow to search your ship!!“

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Cleric 5 hp 25/25 | AC 18/t12/ff16 CMD 16 | Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 9 (+1 vs. fear, +1 vs. charm and compulsion effects)| Init +2 | Spd 30 ft. | Perception +7, Sens.Mot +4

"Kiyoko is my first priority, then enemies. I'll get to work."

CLW for Kiyoko: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
CLW for Lin Ki Chin: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"You'll get all your injured and fallen back, but we want to search your ship."

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Tian-Min) Samurai (sword saint) 4 Kiyoko's Portrait(s)

Kiyoko's eyes flutter open as To-to's healing magic washes over her. Wah...? Oh! We were fighting! she thinks, then rolls to her feet, snatching up her ancestral katana as she does so. Realizing that the skirmish is already over and the boarding party already defeated, she wipes off her blade on the sleeve of her kimono and resheathes it.

I missed something.... she muses silently, brows furrowing.

Dark Archive

LN Male Human (Tien-Min) Magus(Kensai) 5 | HP 42/52 | AC 14(20 during combat)(T 11 FT 13 ) |CMB:+7, CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+7 W:+5 | Init:+7|Perc:+0 | SM:+0| | Speed: 30ft | Arcane Pool: 7/7 | Active conditions: None |Concentration: +6

"What she means by request is that we WILL be searching your ship. Do not resist or do anything you might later regret." Ki Chin gives the sailors an intense look before gesturing towards the front of the ship. "Line up on the front of the ship!"

"I'll keep an eye on the sailors. You go search." Ki Chin tells Sakura as he keeps his sword ready for action and pointed at the sailors.

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

“Understood!“ Sakura nods and follows Ki Chin’s order and begins tthe thoroughly search the ship.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 5 | HP 33/37 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 14 | F +3* R +3* W +5* | Init +8 | Perc +8

Elemenar is about to unleash another spray of fire but holds back as the invaders surrender. For the next half a minute Elemenar looks uncomfortable as light tendrils of black smoke issue from his nostrils.

He joins Sakura in searching the ship. In particular, he casts detect magic all around in hopes of finding something interesting.


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

To-to is able to heal the monks, but the commander magus is beyond saving.

The surrendered crew allows you to search, and you find some things of note and value in the commander's cabin. A dozen rare books on Lingshen history would fetch a decent price to the right collector, and an encrypted journal is also found in a drawer of her desk.
A Linguistics check would allow you to attempt to decipher it.

The surviving soldiers and sailors do not know much about their mission for the braid, and nothing at all about the journal.

Dark Archive

| Female LN Aphorite | Outsider (Native) | Fighter 1, Samurai 3 | HP 41/41 | Electricity resistance 5 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +8 | CMD 18 | F: +8/+10 vs. poison, R: +2, W: +6/+8 vs. mind aff. | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, Dipl: +10 | Skill 1/1 | Crystalline Dust 3/3 | Urban Grace 1/1| Challenge 1/2 | Resolve 2/2 | Pessimist Reroll 1/1 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:

linguistics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Sakura takes her time to discern the notes and she is able to speak Tien, Aklo, Dwarven, Giant, Acient Osiriani, Sylvan, Polyglot, and Undercommon.

Planar Envoy racial trait: Aphorites with this racial trait and a high Intelligence score can choose any languages at character creation (except for secret languages, such as Druidic). They learn two languages rather than one each time they gain a rank in Linguistics.

"Let me see what we found here ..."


Maps & Slides | Invasion Day | 17 Defense Points

Sakura manages to decode her notes. Captain Xiao Wen’s journal is written using her own method of encryption, and contains highly important information regarding her mission to secure the braid, as well as her past tasks, many of which involved soiling the Pathfinder Society’s name in Lingshen by perpetuating rumors of rogue Shadow Lodge cells within the nation. More directly related to your current task, she also has notes indicating that Lingshen wants the Braid of a Hundred Masters to win Quain’s support against Po Li. (two other nations in the region)

After this, the journey across the sea of Eels is uneventful. Once you reach Shokuro, you rendezvous with a Pathfinder Society contact who is waiting to receive the Laughing Crow. They take any information you wish to report, and after settling up with them you make your way to Nesting Swallow, where the third and final part of The Quest for Perfection story arc takes place.

Scenario complete! You win!

151 to 200 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lupulus' PFS 3-11 QfP2: On Hostile Waters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.