Age of Ashes - PF2 AP by DM Doctor Evil

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Tactical Map

Citadel Dungeon Level

Loot Tracker


651 to 700 of 893 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

CG Female Rogue 2 | ♥️ 25/26 | AC 18 | Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 6 | Perc +6 | ☘️ 0/1 | | Speed 25ft | Class DC 16 | ⚕: immune to battle meds | ✋: rapier | 46/46 arrows | Exploration Action: Search (+1 circ bonus on trap detection/saving throws/ac v traps)

Elise moves forward to the right of the frogman in front of Olaf and stabs forward twice, snarling with each thrust.

Rapier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Rapier damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Rapier: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 at least one of them hit?

Actions: Stride, Strike 2x


Sorry, I failed to say, but the croaking sounds which caused everyone fear, means you need a DC 18 Will save or be Frightened 1. Doesn't change impact above but need Elise and Fentus to roll it also.


CG Female Rogue 2 | ♥️ 25/26 | AC 18 | Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 6 | Perc +6 | ☘️ 0/1 | | Speed 25ft | Class DC 16 | ⚕: immune to battle meds | ✋: rapier | 46/46 arrows | Exploration Action: Search (+1 circ bonus on trap detection/saving throws/ac v traps)

Will Save DC 18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


North Chamber - Round 1 - continued

Fentus tosses another flaming ball at the Blue Frogman. The amphibian screeches in pain s the fire blossoms around him, catching his oily secretions alight while scalding the moist skin.

Elise enters melee with the frog that has held Olaf with its tongue, stabbing a small wound in the cultist.

Blue Frogman, now alight with magical fire, dunks himself under the water of the pool, dousing the flame but not before it burns him a little more. He cannot act in this round besides submerging and putting the fire out.

Valdrin and Trista are up now. Remember you need a DC 18 Will save vs fear.

Blue persistent damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


| Male NG Medium Human Cleric 2 |
Temp Immune to Battle Medicine:
| Medic Battle Medicine 1/1 | ♥️ 28/28 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | Class DC 18 | Speed 25ft | 1st: 3/3 | Healing Font 2/2 | ✋: Walking Staff ✋: Torch| Active Conditions: (Light Cast, Torch) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | ☘️ 1/1

Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Moving into the room, the croaking of these frog things unnerve him quite a bit. Dropping his walking stick, he opens his free hand, reaching for the power he had prayed for in the morning. "May her divine light purify you!"

Divine Lance (Good) - Fear vs Red Froogman: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 23 Will not harm anything neutral or good.
Good Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 If the Frightened Condition affects damage, take off 2

ACTIONS
◆ Stride
◆◆ Divine Lance


HP: 17/32 |AC:17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +7, Will: +7 | Perc: +5, Init: +0, Speed 25ft Spell Slots 1st 4/4 ~ 2nd 3/3 | Focus pts 0/1 | Hero Points 1/1

Will Save DC 18 or be Frightened: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

I ain't scared of no frogs!


Waiting on post from Trista. I will post for her tonight if needed.


NG female (she/her) suli human thaumaturge 3 HP 8/35 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | speed 25 ft | focus 0/0| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Immune to Battle Med.| Esoteric Lore +8

Gah, forums ate my post from earlier.

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Exploit Vulnerability: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25

Though startled by the croak, Trista remembers what she needs to about the frog folk. She moves to flank with Elise and attacks.

shortsword: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 = 12 for slashing: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4
The have weakness 3 against me.


North Chamber - Round 1 - continued

Valdrin quavers a bit at the sound of the croak, but it doesn't stop him from successfully casting a divine weapon and driving that lance into one of the boggards.

Just FYI, frightened 1 means -1 to all skill checks etc not damage, and not -2. It goes away after 1 round. And yes, these targets are evil.

Trista consults her book and determines facts about these foes which she uses to her advantage in attacking, even though the horrifying croak puts fear into her heart. The thaumaturge's attack falters however, and she cannot get in flanking position with Elise due to the pool and underwater foe.

Yellow Boggard steps back from the pool-edge and whips his tongue at Elise. The long, sticky frog tongue covers the 10' distance wrapping around the bard's midsection and tying her up a bit. Even against the grabbed target, the boggard's javelin throw misses.

Like Olaf, Elise is grabbed, but not immobilized -- can only move within 10' of the boggard. She is flat-footed. Serpens and Olaf are up now. They need DC 18 Will saves to start, and Olaf is grabbed also.

Yellow Tongue: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Crit, but no damage
Yellow Javelin, 2nd strike: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 5 = 14


I know Olaf said he may be out. I will run him and Mr Serpens, if no post later tonight (after the football game).


North Chamber - Round 1 - concluded

Olaf takes his bastard sword and attacks the boggard tongue that has him bound and flat-footed. The Northman's attack slices through the binding tongue. He continues with a spellstrike against Red, attacking in melee, and charging the attack with his Electric Arc cantrip but the magically charged attack misses.

Charging through the door, Serpens also strikes at the Red Boggard, swinging his cane forehand and backhand. The elf's swings are just a little too wild, and the shifty frog-thing dodges both attempts.

End of Round 1

Olaf bastard vs tongue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Dmg to tongue: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Olaf spellstrike vs Red, second strike: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 5 = 6
Serpens cane, one hand: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Serpens cane, backswing, one hand: 1d20 + 10 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 5 + 1 = 14


North Chambers - Round 2

24 Red Boggard (9hp dmg)
22 Elise (grabbed, flat-footed)
21 Fentus
19 Blue Boggard (18hp dmg)
17 Valdrin (frightened 1)
15 Trista (frightened 1)
15 Yellow Boggard
14 Serpens
8 Olaf

It's tongue severed, and enemies all around it, Red Boggard attacks Olaf with its club. The boggard batters Olaf around the head and shoulders, causing some lumps.

Olaf is at 6/28hp. Elise (grabbed) and Fentus are up now.

Red Boggard club: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Olaf bludenoning dmg: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


CG Female Rogue 2 | ♥️ 25/26 | AC 18 | Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 6 | Perc +6 | ☘️ 0/1 | | Speed 25ft | Class DC 16 | ⚕: immune to battle meds | ✋: rapier | 46/46 arrows | Exploration Action: Search (+1 circ bonus on trap detection/saving throws/ac v traps)

Elise, snared by the foul creature's tongue, releases a feral growl at the inconvenience and stabs at it three times, hoping that its death might bring about her release.

Rapier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Rapier damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Deadly d8: 1d8 ⇒ 5 if crit (not sure their AC!)

Rapier: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Rapier: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (9) - 3 = 6


HP: 17/32 |AC:17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +7, Will: +7 | Perc: +5, Init: +0, Speed 25ft Spell Slots 1st 4/4 ~ 2nd 3/3 | Focus pts 0/1 | Hero Points 1/1

Fentus throws another fireball, hoping to singe the tongue of the one fighting Elise.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"Blast these frogs! They won't stop moving around,"


North Chamber - Round 2 - continued

Elise presses the attack against Red Boggard but her marital ability against these foes is limited, and she scores just one hit.

Not a critical, sorry.

From behind, Fentus produces another ball of flame and tosses it at Red but it hits the surface of the pool with a steamy hiss, doing no damage.

From the depths of the pool, Blue Boggard leaps onto the land, trying to turn the flank of the attackers. It lets out another bellowing croak which sends waves of fear through the group again. And then unleashes a melee attack at Trista that just misses mashing her head.

Took 5hp dmg off Olaf from shield. Everyone but Valdrin has the the Frightened 1 condition again. Valdrin and Trista are up now.

Blue Boggard club: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Olaf DC 18 Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Fail
Trista DC 18 Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Fail
Serpens DC 18 Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Fail
Fentus DC 18 Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Critical Fail - no change in impact
Valdrin DC 18 Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Success
Elise DC 18 Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Fail


NG female (she/her) suli human thaumaturge 3 HP 8/35 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | speed 25 ft | focus 0/0| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Immune to Battle Med.| Esoteric Lore +8

Trista continues to attack.
Exploit Vulnerability, so Weakness 3 to my attacks.
shortsword: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 = 7 for slashing: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4
shortsword: 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 1 - 4 = 6 for slashing: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8

She steps out of reach of the frogs with her last action.

Don't forget about my Marshall's aura (+1 to saves vs. fear within 10 ft. of me). I think that turns Elise's failure into a success.


You are correct, that aura gives Elise enough to shake off the fear effect. Waiting on a post from Valdrin, will DM-PC for him if not post by later tonight.


North Chamber - Round 2 - continued

Trista understand the weaknesses of the boggards and would use that to her advantage in harming them if she could only hit one. She strikes twice, but both are easily parried and avoided by the target. Trista steps back away from the melee, hoping that a target will follow into the midst of her allies.

Yellow Boggard still holds Elise with its prehensile tongue, and throws another javelin into the fracas. The thrown weapon grazes Elise, causing a slight wound. Grinning strangely, it hops forward into melee range with the bard for next round.

Elise takes 6hp dmg. I have her at 18/26 after the healing and this wound. Olaf and Serpens are up next to end round 2.

Yellow javelin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Elise piercing dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| N Human Male Magus (Sparkling Targe) 3| AC 19 | Class DC 19 | Perception +5 | Fortitude +8, Reflex +6, Will +7 | Speed 25 ft | | ♥️ 38/38| Shield 1 09/20 (broken) | Shield 2 20/20 | ☘️ 0/1 | Focus: 1/1 | ⚕: Ok | ✋: Bastard Sword, Steel Shield

Crap, I posted my gameplay post in the discussion

Olaf is Silly and posted in the wrong forum wrote:

Staggering slightly from the attacks on him, and his missed swing, Olaf nevertheless manages to keep his shield up and blade swinging even as he mentally focuses his powers.

Arcane Cascade, Strike, Focus Spell: Shielded Strike (raises shield and recharges my spellstrike)
Since I had cast an evocation spell last, my cascade adds +1 force damage to my strikes

Strike 1, Bastard Sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage, S: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8Crit, so 16 damage I think

Strike 2, Bastard Sword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage, S: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Spell Strike is recharged, Shield is raised and AC 20. Will use Shield Block reaction if struck


I see your post in Discussion, no worries. Waiting for Serpens to end the round. I will post something tonight if nothing up by then.

The Exchange

AC 19 Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +5 | HP 26/26 Ancient Elf Reputation Seeker Fighter 2 | Exploration Activity: Stealth +7 | Cane in right hand, left hand open | Conditions: None

Serpens bashes forward with his staff and tries to snag the frogman.

Griffon Cane, flat footed foe on hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

He follows up caning him again and locking the frog into a headlock

Griffon Cane 2nd attack, +1 if first missed, grabbed foe on hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

And then tries a third opportune strike

Griffon Cane 3rd attack, +1 if second missed: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Think you guys did not take the frightened 1 penalty to attacks, but it doesn't change any of the results.

North Chamber - Round 2 - concluded

Olaf swings at Red Boggard with reckless abandon, but his attack pays off with as the bastard sword bites deep into the amphibian, not killing, it, but staggering it mightily. His follow up attack, however, misses.

Serpens puts more pressure on the Red Boggard, who is already greatly wounded. Using his cane and off-hand, the elf fighter strikes the foe repeatedly, grasping him as well. Serpens sneers in disgust and pushes the boggard to the ground as it dies in his grasp.

One foe is down as we end Round 2


North Chambers - Round 3

22 Elise (grabbed, flat-footed, 18/26hp)
21 Fentus
19 Blue Boggard (18hp dmg)
17 Valdrin
15 Trista
15 Yellow Boggard
14 Serpens
8 Olaf (14/28hp, shield raised)

With Red dead, Elise and Fentus open Round 3.


CG Female Rogue 2 | ♥️ 25/26 | AC 18 | Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 6 | Perc +6 | ☘️ 0/1 | | Speed 25ft | Class DC 16 | ⚕: immune to battle meds | ✋: rapier | 46/46 arrows | Exploration Action: Search (+1 circ bonus on trap detection/saving throws/ac v traps)

Elise tries again to stab three times at the boggard that has its disgusting, slimy tongue wrapped around her, desperate to free herself.

Rapier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Rapier damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Rapier: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Rapier damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Rapier: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 16
Rapier damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 6


HP: 17/32 |AC:17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +7, Will: +7 | Perc: +5, Init: +0, Speed 25ft Spell Slots 1st 4/4 ~ 2nd 3/3 | Focus pts 0/1 | Hero Points 1/1

Fentus summons another ball of flame and tries to slam it into the blug boggard near him.

Produce Flame melee attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

I think the Boggard gets a reaction against me, Produce Flame has Somatic components which is a "manipulate" type of action and manipulate actions are stated to "often provoke reactions". . . rules are like an onion(ogre), many layers


North Chamber - Round 3 - continued

Still held by the gross frog-tongue, Elise turns her ire on the Yellow Boggard holding her. She attacks in a quick flurry of blows, but the boggard parries two of the strikes, taking just one hit.

Fentus continues to use his flaming handfuls to attack, making a melee strike at Blue Boggard. He tenses expecting a follow-up attack from the foe, but none is forthcoming. His flaming palm does hit the foe, scalding its moist amphibian skin in a satisfying way.

Still smoldering in places, Blue Boggard swings his club, just catching the sorceror in the shoulder which numbs instantly from the brutal impact. The foe then scampers away from the fight, drawing out a javelin for future use.

Blue club vs Fentus: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Fentus bludgeoning dmg: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Fentus takes 9hp dmg, I have him at 15/24 now. These boggards have no reaction, and unlike PF1, no auto AoO for spellcasting in melee. Valdrin and Trista are now up.


Still waiting on actions from Trista and Valdrin. Will run them later tonight if no posting, just to keep action going.


NG female (she/her) suli human thaumaturge 3 HP 8/35 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | speed 25 ft | focus 0/0| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Immune to Battle Med.| Esoteric Lore +8

Gah, I know I posted!

Trista circles round the yellow boggard, knowing the tincture on her sword will burn it's skin.

Weakness 3 to my attacks. Stride to flank, Strike, Strike

short sword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 for slashing: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8
short sword: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 4 = 9 for slashing: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8


North Chamber - Round 3 - continued

Trista moves around into flanking position against one of the boggards, stabbing with her shortsword once in position. One of her attacks fails to connect, but the other stabs the frog-creature in its belly, the additional reagents she learned about in the book, causing extra damage.

From the back of the room, Valdrin moves to get clear line of sight, then casts a spell emanating a bright beam of light at Blue, which seems to hurt the target though exactly how is unclear. The Blue Boggard is really dragging now, only hanging on by a mere thread.

Stepping out of the flanked position, Yellow puts its back against the wall, next to its remaining ally, still holding its tongue on Elise. It swings its club at Trista in a pair of sweeping attacks. The club strikes the thaumaturge twice, causing brutal damage to her head and neck. Trista nearly swoons from the beating, but remains upright, for now.

Olaf and Serpens up to close Round 3. Trista takes total of 22hp dmg from two strikes. I show her with 4/26hp remaining.

Valdrin ranged spell: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Divine lance dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Yellow Club vs Trista: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Yellow Club, 2nd strike: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 5 = 20
Bludgeoning dmg vs Trista: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Bludgeoning dmg vs Trista, 2nd strike: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


| N Human Male Magus (Sparkling Targe) 3| AC 19 | Class DC 19 | Perception +5 | Fortitude +8, Reflex +6, Will +7 | Speed 25 ft | | ♥️ 38/38| Shield 1 09/20 (broken) | Shield 2 20/20 | ☘️ 0/1 | Focus: 1/1 | ⚕: Ok | ✋: Bastard Sword, Steel Shield

Seeing one frog on its last legs and the other distracted, Olaf opts for damage to both over charging in against the pair. Working his magic, he sends an arc of electricty out at the pair of frogs.

Cast Electric Arc, Raise shield
I would charge in there but I'm pretty hurt and hoping to bring blue down with the spell.

Electric Arc vs both, DC 17 basic reflex: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Shield raised, AC 20 will take Shield Block reaction if attacked


I will run Serpens now to keep the thread moving.

North Chamber - Round 3 - concluded

Really wanting to join the melee until his wounds get the better of him, Olaf resigns himself to settling things from a distance with magic. A bolt of electrical energy burst from him to one of the boggards, and then to another. The sizzling sparks fry the Blue Boggard, ending his life, and do full damage to the still wet Yellow foe.

Mr Serpens advances past the muddy puddle, and slashes through the air with his cane, just missing with the front swing, and grunting in frustration as the backswing also comes up empty.

End of Round 3

Yellow Boggard DC 17 reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Serpens cane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Serpens cane, 2nd strike, backswing: 1d20 + 10 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 5 + 1 = 8

Dinner beckons, so I will get the beginning of Round 3 up later tonight


North Chambers - Round 4

22 Elise (grabbed, flat-footed, 18/26hp)
21 Fentus (15/24 hp)
17 Valdrin
15 Trista (4/26hp)
15 Yellow Boggard (18hp dmg)
14 Serpens
8 Olaf (14/28hp, shield raised)

With a pair of boggards down, Elise, Fentus, Valdrin, and Trista are all up to see if they can finish this off.


HP: 17/32 |AC:17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +7, Will: +7 | Perc: +5, Init: +0, Speed 25ft Spell Slots 1st 4/4 ~ 2nd 3/3 | Focus pts 0/1 | Hero Points 1/1

Fentus winds up another ball of flame and hucks it at the remaining boggard.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The blood in his eyes distracts him as he struggles to aim though.

"Blasted froggs!"


NG female (she/her) suli human thaumaturge 3 HP 8/35 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | speed 25 ft | focus 0/0| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Immune to Battle Med.| Esoteric Lore +8

Trista takes two attacks on the yellow boggard, then withdraws to a safer distance.

shortsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 for slashing: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4
shortsword: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 = 22 for slashing: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

Weakness 3 to my attacks. Strike, Strike, Stride


CG Female Rogue 2 | ♥️ 25/26 | AC 18 | Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 6 | Perc +6 | ☘️ 0/1 | | Speed 25ft | Class DC 16 | ⚕: immune to battle meds | ✋: rapier | 46/46 arrows | Exploration Action: Search (+1 circ bonus on trap detection/saving throws/ac v traps)

Elise pushes past Serpens and strikes out with her rapier twice, but both strikes miss (because apparently I have done something to continuously anger the dice gods!).

Rapier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Rapier: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


North Chambers - Round 4 - continued

Having taken a wound, Fentus' pitching of flames is somewhat affected and this toss misses the one remaining target.

Badly hurt, Trista stabs at the boggard twice before departing. One stab is turned aside by the amphibious foe, but the others lands a hit, her blade sinking into the moist skin up to the hilt.

Try as she might, Elise is not successful on either of her attacks with her rapier this round.

Knowing Trista is hurt, Valdrin slides over to her new position interposing himself between Trista and the remaining foe, and places a pressure dressing on the major wound, easing the hurts somewhat.

The wounded boggard releases its tongue from Elise and bounds across the fetid pool, making a leaping attack on Olaf. The magus is able to keep his shield interposed and easily deflects the powerful club strike.

Trista heals 13hp dmg, and is now at 17/26. Olaf and Serpens are up to close the round.

Valdrin Treat Battle Wounds: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Heal Trista wounds, DC 20: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 2) + 10 = 13
Yellow boggard club: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Just bumping for Olaf and Serpens. I hate to half to run half the party...


| N Human Male Magus (Sparkling Targe) 3| AC 19 | Class DC 19 | Perception +5 | Fortitude +8, Reflex +6, Will +7 | Speed 25 ft | | ♥️ 38/38| Shield 1 09/20 (broken) | Shield 2 20/20 | ☘️ 0/1 | Focus: 1/1 | ⚕: Ok | ✋: Bastard Sword, Steel Shield

Sorry, dealing with the ol pandemic rolling through the family. Not sure how I missed the update though, I swear I checked

Blocking the strike from the remaining frog thing, Olaf returns the favor with magic and steel.

Spell strike, Raise Shield

Spell Strike: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage, Bastard Sword, Arcane Cascade: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9
Damage, Gouging Claw: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Shield raised, AC 20, will Shield Block if struck


North Chamber - Round 4 - concluded

After blocking the boggard's attack, Olaf springs into action combining sword sorcery to deal the foe serious damage with his blade and a following magical claw attack. The last foe looks very weak, staggering in the pool in the center of the room.

From the side, Serpens approaches and canes the sole enemy squarely on the head, dropping it and ending the fight.

Serpens cane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Cane dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

End of Combat


With the combat over, a quiet calmness settles over the dungeon chamber once again broken only by the slow but stead drip-dripping from the ceiling of the chamber into the pool. This area was perhaps once a stately bedroom for the Order of the Nail leaders but the intrusion of water, goblins, and now cultists has ruined once fine furnishings and accoutrements.

There are no other doors in this room.

Will have a post-combat summary up in Discussion. What are you doing next?


CG Female Rogue 2 | ♥️ 25/26 | AC 18 | Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 6 | Perc +6 | ☘️ 0/1 | | Speed 25ft | Class DC 16 | ⚕: immune to battle meds | ✋: rapier | 46/46 arrows | Exploration Action: Search (+1 circ bonus on trap detection/saving throws/ac v traps)

Elise shivers violently, letting out an annoyed, grumbling sound, and kicks at the corpse of the creature that had held her. "Awful. Gods, this place is dangerous. They hit us hard."

Elise will search the room for anything of interest left behind by the Hellknights. She will search thoroughly if the party is willing to spend the time on it.


HP: 17/32 |AC:17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +7, Will: +7 | Perc: +5, Init: +0, Speed 25ft Spell Slots 1st 4/4 ~ 2nd 3/3 | Focus pts 0/1 | Hero Points 1/1

Fentus nurses his wound, the first one he's really had since coming out here, "Foul creatures for sure, hopefully there aren't many more of them left down here,"

He settles down to search the room, looking in the stagnant pool for anything the Boggards might've left in there.


NG female (she/her) suli human thaumaturge 3 HP 8/35 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | speed 25 ft | focus 0/0| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Immune to Battle Med.| Esoteric Lore +8

"Ah, perhaps we should bandage ourselves up a bit."

Getting some Treat Wounds from Valdrin, if that is okay.

Medicine v. DC 20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Healing: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 1) + 10 = 17


Valdrin can now take more time to tend to Trista's wounds, and not rely on a battlefield cure. He binds, bandages, and treats and the thaumaturge gets significant benefits, coming out as good as new.

Meanwhile, Elise searches the room, and Fentus trolls the bottom of the catch-pool. They are just about to give up when Fentus stumbles across a small glass vessel stuck in the mud at the bottom. The glass vial holds a colorless liquid that is oddly lightweight. The potion does seem to have a magical aura to it, when Detect Magic is used.

Nothing else of value is found in the room.

It is either an Arcana or Occult check if you wish to try to spend more time trying to identify the potion (10 minutes minimum). It is a secret check, so just let me know if you wish, and your modifier


HP: 17/32 |AC:17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +7, Will: +7 | Perc: +5, Init: +0, Speed 25ft Spell Slots 1st 4/4 ~ 2nd 3/3 | Focus pts 0/1 | Hero Points 1/1

Think we have to spent at least 10 minutes for the treat wounds

Fentus picks up the magical vial, activating his innate Detect Magic and attempts to examine the contents.


CG Female Rogue 2 | ♥️ 25/26 | AC 18 | Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 6 | Perc +6 | ☘️ 0/1 | | Speed 25ft | Class DC 16 | ⚕: immune to battle meds | ✋: rapier | 46/46 arrows | Exploration Action: Search (+1 circ bonus on trap detection/saving throws/ac v traps)

Should probably take the time, at least. Elise will give it a try...

"If we have the time, I can help with that, too..." Elise says, taking out her new kit and pulling out the necessary items.

Treat wounds, DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Treat wounds, DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

I swear to god. I'm ready to throw Elise away.


| N Human Male Magus (Sparkling Targe) 3| AC 19 | Class DC 19 | Perception +5 | Fortitude +8, Reflex +6, Will +7 | Speed 25 ft | | ♥️ 38/38| Shield 1 09/20 (broken) | Shield 2 20/20 | ☘️ 0/1 | Focus: 1/1 | ⚕: Ok | ✋: Bastard Sword, Steel Shield

Breathing a little heavy at the exertion, Olaf pipes up as the group discusses wounds.

"I could use some healing myself."

While the group sorts itself out and works on treating wounds, the northman meditates and refreshes some of his magics.

While we heal if I have 10 minutes, I'll recharge my focus spell


It does take 10 minutes minimum to attempt Treat Wounds, so Elise's two tries takes up 20 mins which is enough for Olaf to refresh his focus spell, Trista to get healed, and Fentus to try to identify the vial found in the pool.

In PF2, detect magic works differently. You can find if an item is magical or not but that's all. To identify properties, you have to succeed at a skill check. In this case, Arcana is Fentus best bet, so I will make that check.

Elise takes out her healer's kit, but its not long before the bandages are tangled, the ointments are a gooey mess, and none of the healing properties are passed along to Olaf or others. Patiently, Valdrin shows her how to take best advantage of the tools of the trade, giving Olaf enough relief from his wounds that he feels good as new.

Fentus sits and studies the potion, trying to remember the arcane training he had, which was all just bookworm stuff back then, but try as he might, he cannot identify the properties of this vial.

Olaf is healed back to full HP. Added the unidentified, but clearly magical, potion to the Loot Tracker. Those who got Treat Wounds cannot use again for the next hour. Where to next?

GM Checks:

Treat Wounds DC 20 Medicine, assurance: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Healing for Olaf: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (3, 4) + 10 = 17
Fentus Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


HP: 17/32 |AC:17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +7, Will: +7 | Perc: +5, Init: +0, Speed 25ft Spell Slots 1st 4/4 ~ 2nd 3/3 | Focus pts 0/1 | Hero Points 1/1

Frowning, "Ahh blast it, I can't figure out what this potion contains, if it's alright with the rest of you, I'll hold onto it and try again later,"

He stows the vial, carefully, saving it for later.


| N Human Male Magus (Sparkling Targe) 3| AC 19 | Class DC 19 | Perception +5 | Fortitude +8, Reflex +6, Will +7 | Speed 25 ft | | ♥️ 38/38| Shield 1 09/20 (broken) | Shield 2 20/20 | ☘️ 0/1 | Focus: 1/1 | ⚕: Ok | ✋: Bastard Sword, Steel Shield

Before Fentus puts the vial away, Olaf speaks up. ”I can take a look at that, if we have a minute.”

literally, since I have quick identification it will take a minute instead of 10

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

651 to 700 of 893 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Age of Ashes - PF2 AP by DM Doctor Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.