GAMEDAY #8-25: Unleashing the Untouchable - GM Nowruz

Game Master noral

Maps and handouts


301 to 350 of 480 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
The Concordance

Male elf evoker (admixture) 14 | HP 114+36/114 | AC 21 / 17T / 18FF | Fort +20, Reflex +20, Will +24 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +10 (+14 with HA) | Perc +38 | SM +9 | Speed 30' (flying F:60' / PS:100') | Spells 1st 6/8, 2nd 4/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 5/7, 5th 4/6, 6th 3/6, 7th 0/4 | EM 14/14, VE 2/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant), clear ear, heightened awareness, mage armor, overland flight, fly, life bubble, mass planar adaptation (plane of fire), darkvision, see invisibility, phantom stead (20' up), good hope, owl's wisdom, stone skin (140/150), prayer, long arm

"It is a pleasure to meet you Isah the Golden. In what way are you an enemy to those who claim this place?"


The horned fire genie nods at Kyron.

“The Secret Fire is an organization opposed to Ymeri’s rule of the Plane of Fire. Ymeri pushes my people to war with the shaitans—a selfish and ignoble conflict that destabilizes the planes!!“ the efreeti says angered.

“What role do I have in the Secret Fire is your question I assume? I am a leader of course, but not the sole leader. Needless to say, were Ymeri to learn what I know, it would be... disastrous. If you do not serve Ymeri, you would do well to ensure that does not occur!!!“ the efreeti says and tries to stand although the cage is clearly limiting movement.

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82+11/82 | AC 13 16 20 / 12T / 11 18FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 +14 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17 +19, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Obscure Object (on the Untouchable Opal)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Heightened Awareness 30m (expend for +4 initiative)
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Phantom Steed x? (CL14, 15m each)
Good Hope 4m (from Daathiel)

Air Elemental - 108hp
https://aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elder%20Air%20Elemental

Lichaam tries to recall anything he's heard about this "Secret Fire" organization.

T10 Planes: 10 + 31 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 51
T10 Local: 10 + 26 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 42

The Concordance

Male elf evoker (admixture) 14 | HP 114+36/114 | AC 21 / 17T / 18FF | Fort +20, Reflex +20, Will +24 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +10 (+14 with HA) | Perc +38 | SM +9 | Speed 30' (flying F:60' / PS:100') | Spells 1st 6/8, 2nd 4/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 5/7, 5th 4/6, 6th 3/6, 7th 0/4 | EM 14/14, VE 2/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant), clear ear, heightened awareness, mage armor, overland flight, fly, life bubble, mass planar adaptation (plane of fire), darkvision, see invisibility, phantom stead (20' up), good hope, owl's wisdom, stone skin (140/150), prayer, long arm

"You seem to have found yourself in quite a predicament. How is it you come to be here and what are your plans were we able to free you? You mentioned that you could grant us wishes as reward for such a service, but what would be your intention after that?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 130/130 (172 for troll) AC33(40 for troll) Touch 13 Flat 31; F+17 R+11 W+18(+2 ench,+4 fey) INIT+4 Perc+21 CMB+16 CMD+30 Lion Shaman 13/Samurai 1, {see in posts} Shape changed 1/5 Beads 0/3, Rerolls 0/3

Fendahl watches and listens intently to the efreet as he pleads his case.

sense motive, hope: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 14 | HP 169/129 | AC 36 T 20 FF 31 CMD 30 | Speed 30' | F +25 R +31 W +25** | Init +12 | Per +24 | Performance 26/36 | Probable Path 2/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 3/3| Spells 2/7, 1/7, 0/5, 0/5, 0/3 |Active: Barkskin, Height Aware, Mirror Image (8), B. Grace, Hope, Fervor, Elemental Might (4)

Sense Motive, Good Hope: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 = 19

Daathiel believes the Efreeti is being truthful... but he also knows he is not infallible about such things.

"And beyond your intentions, what are the objectives of your organization beyond opposing Ymeri? The adage 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' has limits. If, for example, the Secret Fire opposes war with the Shaitans because they believe Fire's efforts would be better spent incinerating Golarion, then they would not be a potential ally."


Lichaam Pisell wrote:


Lichaam tries to recall anything he's heard about this "Secret Fire" organization.

[dice="T10 Planes"]10+31+2+2+2+4
[dice="T10 Local"]10+26+2+2+2

This is potentially a very obscure organization but you think that you heard that the they are active in the City of Brass.


Kyron the Evoker wrote:
"You seem to have found yourself in quite a predicament. How is it you come to be here and what are your plans were we able to free you? You mentioned that you could grant us wishes as reward for such a service, but what would be your intention after that?"

The efreeti nods again.

“Well, how did I become imprisoned? I unfortunately trusted overmuch in the strength of some humans. The creatures that guard this place ambushed us, and now I reap the rewards of such misplaced trust. These were mortals from the Material Plane—agents of an organization called the Aspis Consortium. They paid for my services and knowledge!“ he says and sighs.

“What I will do if we you release me depends on our negotiation. But I swear to not attack you if you release me! I have no quarrel with you. Should you liberate me, I would count you as an ally. I am a good person to have as an ally. Worse, though, as an enemy! And yes. I will grant you three wishes!“ he says smiling.


Daathiel wrote:

[Dice=Sense Motive, Good Hope]1d20+14+2

Daathiel believes the Efreeti is being truthful... but he also knows he is not infallible about such things.

"And beyond your intentions, what are the objectives of your organization beyond opposing Ymeri? The adage 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' has limits. If, for example, the Secret Fire opposes war with the Shaitans because they believe Fire's efforts would be better spent incinerating Golarion, then they would not be a potential ally."

Isah hesitates. “I do not know you and many could fall in case I tell you more about my organization. But I can tell you more about this place!!“ he says.

Isah recounts the identities of all the enemies you faced in the cavern.

“The most important opponent is Vorvirex! An umbral dragon of great power! They imprisoned me!! And the creature may be nearby!!“ he says and is clearly afraid.

The Concordance

Male elf evoker (admixture) 14 | HP 114+36/114 | AC 21 / 17T / 18FF | Fort +20, Reflex +20, Will +24 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +10 (+14 with HA) | Perc +38 | SM +9 | Speed 30' (flying F:60' / PS:100') | Spells 1st 6/8, 2nd 4/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 5/7, 5th 4/6, 6th 3/6, 7th 0/4 | EM 14/14, VE 2/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant), clear ear, heightened awareness, mage armor, overland flight, fly, life bubble, mass planar adaptation (plane of fire), darkvision, see invisibility, phantom stead (20' up), good hope, owl's wisdom, stone skin (140/150), prayer, long arm

Kyron raises an eyebrow at the mention of the Aspis agents. ”The Aspis Consortium? What was their interest in this place? Can you tell us about them?”

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82+11/82 | AC 13 16 20 / 12T / 11 18FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 +14 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17 +19, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Obscure Object (on the Untouchable Opal)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Heightened Awareness 30m (expend for +4 initiative)
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Phantom Steed x? (CL14, 15m each)
Good Hope 4m (from Daathiel)

Air Elemental - 108hp
https://aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elder%20Air%20Elemental

***I believe I heard that there was a group by that name in the City of Brass, but I don't know what they do***

Out loud, Lichaam asks "An umbral dragon? How old, or how large?"

T10 Arcana: 10 + 32 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 48


“What did the Consortium want? They heard other mortals—Pathfinders—were looking for this place. They knew not why, and that infuriated them. So they sought out someone knowledgeable about this place, paid well for that knowledge, and secured my expertise to lead them here past its guardians. Unfortunately for us all, they were neither as strong nor as confident as they boasted!“ he says shaking his head.


He shrugs.

“Ehh … since when am I an authority on umbral dragons?“

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82+11/82 | AC 13 16 20 / 12T / 11 18FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 +14 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17 +19, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Obscure Object (on the Untouchable Opal)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Heightened Awareness 30m (expend for +4 initiative)
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Phantom Steed x? (CL14, 15m each)
Good Hope 4m (from Daathiel)

Air Elemental - 108hp
https://aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elder%20Air%20Elemental

**How did the Aspis learn that?*** Lichaam muses to the others mentally. ***And if they knew, why didn't Ymeri or Ayrzul? They could have filled this place with guards and captured the Opal***

Taking that thought a bit farther, Lichaam quickly checks for any traces of magic that would block teleportation. They could have surrounded the area with the intent to move in after the Pathfinders arrived, but got delayed. Or possibly the Aspis just had much better contacts than... all of the extant elemental lords put together.
Detect Magic, checking for abjuration that's not devoted to keeping the forge working and in good repair

"What happened to the Aspis members?" he asks. "Were they captured, or killed?"

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 14 | HP 169/129 | AC 36 T 20 FF 31 CMD 30 | Speed 30' | F +25 R +31 W +25** | Init +12 | Per +24 | Performance 26/36 | Probable Path 2/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 3/3| Spells 2/7, 1/7, 0/5, 0/5, 0/3 |Active: Barkskin, Height Aware, Mirror Image (8), B. Grace, Hope, Fervor, Elemental Might (4)

Daathiel casts Greater Heroism on himself.

"If this umbral dragon is close, then we cannot tarry.
We should decide what to do; if we choose to free Isah, then we should deactivate the Forcecage using those runes and then I should get to work on the shackles. It may take me a little bit of time. If deactivating the Forcecage attracts the dragon's attention, then I will need you all to deal with it while I free Isah."

Normally opening a lock is a full-round action. So it could take a few rounds for Daathiel to roll a 13+.

"I have heard enough to say we should free Isah."
He waits for the others to weigh in.

@Lichaam - it's entirely possible that the Aspis have better contacts within the Pathfinder Society than all the elemental lords put together, in terms of knowing what the Society is up to.

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82+11/82 | AC 13 16 20 / 12T / 11 18FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 +14 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17 +19, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Obscure Object (on the Untouchable Opal)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Heightened Awareness 30m (expend for +4 initiative)
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Phantom Steed x? (CL14, 15m each)
Good Hope 4m (from Daathiel)
Air Elemental - 108hp
https://aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elder%20Air%20Elemental

While waiting for a response, Lichaam checks the forcecage and its deactivation array for any kind of alarm.

Detect Magic
T10 Perception: 10 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 33
T10 Arcana to recognize spell effects: 10 + 32 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 48 NOT deactivating the forcecage
T10 Spellcraft: 10 + 26 + 2 = 38

The Concordance

Male elf evoker (admixture) 14 | HP 114+36/114 | AC 21 / 17T / 18FF | Fort +20, Reflex +20, Will +24 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +10 (+14 with HA) | Perc +38 | SM +9 | Speed 30' (flying F:60' / PS:100') | Spells 1st 6/8, 2nd 4/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 5/7, 5th 4/6, 6th 3/6, 7th 0/4 | EM 14/14, VE 2/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant), clear ear, heightened awareness, mage armor, overland flight, fly, life bubble, mass planar adaptation (plane of fire), darkvision, see invisibility, phantom stead (20' up), good hope, owl's wisdom, stone skin (140/150), prayer, long arm

"I agree, we should give him his freedom."


“The consortium team is dead. Yes!“ he says without emotion.

Lichaam is sure he’d easily be able to deactivate the forcecage.

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82+11/82 | AC 13 16 20 / 12T / 11 18FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 +14 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17 +19, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Obscure Object (on the Untouchable Opal)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Heightened Awareness 30m (expend for +4 initiative)
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Phantom Steed x? (CL14, 15m each)
Good Hope 4m (from Daathiel)

Air Elemental - 108hp
https://aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elder%20Air%20Elemental

***I don't see any alarms on the forcecage*** Lichaam tells the others telepathically.

***Do we have any ideas for wishes? Do we trust Isah enough to invite him to the Forge with us, or do we want him gone first? If he opposes Ymeri, he might welcome being there when her work is undone. That could also give us more time to think of useful wishes, especially if something attacks us afterwards.***

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 14 | HP 169/129 | AC 36 T 20 FF 31 CMD 30 | Speed 30' | F +25 R +31 W +25** | Init +12 | Per +24 | Performance 26/36 | Probable Path 2/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 3/3| Spells 2/7, 1/7, 0/5, 0/5, 0/3 |Active: Barkskin, Height Aware, Mirror Image (8), B. Grace, Hope, Fervor, Elemental Might (4)

***I would say reserve at least one wish, possibly all three, for use in dealing with this umbral dragon, or other guardians that Ymeri might send after us.***

The Concordance

Male elf evoker (admixture) 14 | HP 114+36/114 | AC 21 / 17T / 18FF | Fort +20, Reflex +20, Will +24 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +10 (+14 with HA) | Perc +38 | SM +9 | Speed 30' (flying F:60' / PS:100') | Spells 1st 6/8, 2nd 4/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 5/7, 5th 4/6, 6th 3/6, 7th 0/4 | EM 14/14, VE 2/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant), clear ear, heightened awareness, mage armor, overland flight, fly, life bubble, mass planar adaptation (plane of fire), darkvision, see invisibility, phantom stead (20' up), good hope, owl's wisdom, stone skin (140/150), prayer, long arm

***I definitely think it would be wise to keep one wish in reserve for dealing with unexpected issues.***

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82+11/82 | AC 13 16 20 / 12T / 11 18FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 +14 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17 +19, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Obscure Object (on the Untouchable Opal)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Heightened Awareness 30m (expend for +4 initiative)
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Phantom Steed x? (CL14, 15m each)
Good Hope 4m (from Daathiel)

Air Elemental - 108hp
https://aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elder%20Air%20Elemental

***Then we should negotiate that. Otherwise, he could require that we use or forfeit the wishes immediately.***


“Well, are you going to free me? My prison is two-fold. I am physically bound by this forcecage, which can be deactivated by tracing the appropriate runes on the opposite wall. Likewise, these shackles bind me, preventing me from escaping with magic. The dragon Vorvirex has the key, no doubt. Maybe there are also other means to break them?“ he asks.

You can freely use these wishes as you please, though in Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild play, the effects of these wishes end at the end of the adventure—even otherwise permanent benefits like inherent bonuses to an ability score. A boon on the Chronicle sheet provides the you a lasting effect.

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82+11/82 | AC 13 16 20 / 12T / 11 18FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 +14 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17 +19, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Obscure Object (on the Untouchable Opal)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Heightened Awareness 30m (expend for +4 initiative)
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Phantom Steed x? (CL14, 15m each)
Good Hope 4m (from Daathiel)

Air Elemental - 108hp
https://aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elder%20Air%20Elemental

Lichaam turns to the genie. "We aren't quite sure what to wish for at the moment. Would you be willing to accompany us until our mission is over or we use the wishes? It should be less than an hour, and Ymeri does not want it to succeed."

T10 Diplomacy (including Good Hope): 10 + 25 + 2 = 37

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 14 | HP 169/129 | AC 36 T 20 FF 31 CMD 30 | Speed 30' | F +25 R +31 W +25** | Init +12 | Per +24 | Performance 26/36 | Probable Path 2/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 3/3| Spells 2/7, 1/7, 0/5, 0/5, 0/3 |Active: Barkskin, Height Aware, Mirror Image (8), B. Grace, Hope, Fervor, Elemental Might (4)
GM Nowruz wrote:
“Well, are you going to free me?"

"Yes, we are going to free you. You have sworn not to attack us, and to grant three wishes.

In all honesty, I would have released you even without the Wishes. I find it distasteful to only agree to free you on the condition that you serve us. But in any event, you made that offer, and that agreement was made, so here we are."

Daathiel presses the sequence of runes to deactivate the Forcecage.
Knowledge (Arcana) DC 25, Take 10, Greater Heroism: 10 + 22 + 4 = 36

Then he begins unlocking the shackles.
Disable Device DC 45, Greater Heroism: 1d20 + 28 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 28 + 4 = 42

His first attempt unsuccessful, he tries again.
Disable Device DC 45, Greater Heroism: 1d20 + 28 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 28 + 4 = 52


Lichaam Pisell wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Lichaam turns to the genie. "We aren't quite sure what to wish for at the moment. Would you be willing to accompany us until our mission is over or we use the wishes? It should be less than an hour, and Ymeri does not want it to succeed."

[dice="T10 Diplomacy (including Good Hope)"]10+25+2

Isah is uncertain.

“I am eager to negotiate for my freedom. My offer is to grant three wishes that you must use immediately after my release!“ he says.

But he hesitates for a moment.

“Okay, okay! If you desire additional aid, I will provide it. I will accompany you and delay your wishes until you are ready to leave Kandirion’s Pyre altogether. I have legitimate concerns about fighting alongside mortals again after the Aspis Consortium debacle. I am willing to accompany you into battle but should I become severely injured, i will save myself!!“ he says quite stressed.


Daathiel wrote:
GM Nowruz wrote:
“Well, are you going to free me?"

"Yes, we are going to free you. You have sworn not to attack us, and to grant three wishes.

In all honesty, I would have released you even without the Wishes. I find it distasteful to only agree to free you on the condition that you serve us. But in any event, you made that offer, and that agreement was made, so here we are."

Daathiel presses the sequence of runes to deactivate the Forcecage.
[dice=Knowledge (Arcana) DC 25, Take 10, Greater Heroism]10+22+4

Then he begins unlocking the shackles.
[dice=Disable Device DC 45, Greater Heroism]1d20+28+4

His first attempt unsuccessful, he tries again.
[dice=Disable Device DC 45, Greater Heroism]1d20+28+4

Isah grins.

“Very good! The deal is done with your elven friend. I’m coming with you then!“ he says eagerly as Daathiel first uses the runes to disable the cage of force and then is really able to expertly unlock the adamantine shackles.

“Truly amazing! You lot surely are more skilled than those Aspis!!“ Isah says impressed.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 130/130 (172 for troll) AC33(40 for troll) Touch 13 Flat 31; F+17 R+11 W+18(+2 ench,+4 fey) INIT+4 Perc+21 CMB+16 CMD+30 Lion Shaman 13/Samurai 1, {see in posts} Shape changed 1/5 Beads 0/3, Rerolls 0/3

Fendahl still watches the efreet with skepticism

”Hrmmm. Yes the Aspis typically focus on greed and have no honor. We succeed by adherence to our word.“

Silver Crusade

Paladin 4 / Oracle 8 AC 27 {T:13/FF:27} HP 116/116 Init+0, Perception +2 | Fort +15, Reflex +9, Will +19 | Tracked Resources: Oracle Channel 7d6 (DC 20) 6/7 | Paladin Channel 3d6 (DC 16) 9/9 | LoH 4d6+2 {+1d6 or Mercy} 11/12 | Reroll 1/1

This is happening a little fast for the paladin. However, he trusts in the judgment of The Inheritor to guide him.

Detect Evil on the genie.

"If his soul is pure enough, we should free him with no stipulations. If his spirit corrupt, we may wish to reconsider our next course of action."

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Psychic 12 - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +25 detect scrying, HA, AC 32/ touch 22/ ff 27, Deskari's Wing; hp 74/74 temp 54/54 DR 10/adm(150); F+16, R+15, W+21, Speed 35 ft., Climb 20 ft., Fly 60 ft. Carried: LogicRod, StaffMinArc, LckyHrshoe, Fr-LfClvr; Buffs: elem.mx4, invis, mir img 5, resist energ 30 (all), loc creat, det scry, mg armr, shld, msg, flse life, fly, see invis, hghtnd awrnss, telbnd x2, gdpe, owl; Alc: antitx/plg/verm/syrup | exh
Daathiel wrote:
"In all honesty, I would have released you even without the Wishes. I find it distasteful to only agree to free you on the condition that you serve us. But in any event, you made that offer, and that agreement was made, so here we are."

Yanndu mentally echoes Daathiel's sentiment, thinking ***...agreed...and I propose that we save the last one to wish for his happiness...after this extended imprisonment, the creature deserves it...regardless of Iomedae's thoughts on the subject...***

His last though is oriented towards the paladin.


Caduceus Via wrote:

This is happening a little fast for the paladin. However, he trusts in the judgment of The Inheritor to guide him.

Detect Evil on the genie.

"If his soul is pure enough, we should free him with no stipulations. If his spirit corrupt, we may wish to reconsider our next course of action."

The efreeti has a strong evil aura.

The Concordance

Male elf evoker (admixture) 14 | HP 114+36/114 | AC 21 / 17T / 18FF | Fort +20, Reflex +20, Will +24 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +10 (+14 with HA) | Perc +38 | SM +9 | Speed 30' (flying F:60' / PS:100') | Spells 1st 6/8, 2nd 4/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 5/7, 5th 4/6, 6th 3/6, 7th 0/4 | EM 14/14, VE 2/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant), clear ear, heightened awareness, mage armor, overland flight, fly, life bubble, mass planar adaptation (plane of fire), darkvision, see invisibility, phantom stead (20' up), good hope, owl's wisdom, stone skin (140/150), prayer, long arm

***I would perhaps be a little wary of the sort of things which would make an efreeti happy… That said, I see no reason not to treat him with kindness… We should judge him based on his actions, not on what he is.***

***Do we want to use any of the wishes now? Or should we press on? If there are potential threats in the area, time may be of the essence.***

Silver Crusade

Paladin 4 / Oracle 8 AC 27 {T:13/FF:27} HP 116/116 Init+0, Perception +2 | Fort +15, Reflex +9, Will +19 | Tracked Resources: Oracle Channel 7d6 (DC 20) 6/7 | Paladin Channel 3d6 (DC 16) 9/9 | LoH 4d6+2 {+1d6 or Mercy} 11/12 | Reroll 1/1

"Hold friends! Can you not feel the inherent evil from this creature? This is no innocent entity trapped in bondage. It is one of the darkest souls I have ever encountered. Freeing it would place countless lives at risk. We should leave it here to the fate it has no doubt earned."

Player does not care what we do, but the character is adamant about this.

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 14 | HP 169/129 | AC 36 T 20 FF 31 CMD 30 | Speed 30' | F +25 R +31 W +25** | Init +12 | Per +24 | Performance 26/36 | Probable Path 2/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 3/3| Spells 2/7, 1/7, 0/5, 0/5, 0/3 |Active: Barkskin, Height Aware, Mirror Image (8), B. Grace, Hope, Fervor, Elemental Might (4)

"Oh. What has Isah done to earn this fate?"

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82+11/82 | AC 13 16 20 / 12T / 11 18FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 +14 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17 +19, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Obscure Object (on the Untouchable Opal)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Heightened Awareness 30m (expend for +4 initiative)
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Phantom Steed x? (CL14, 15m each)
Good Hope 4m (from Daathiel)

Air Elemental - 108hp
https://aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elder%20Air%20Elemental

"Efreeti aren't good, no. However, they are exactingly honest. Isah has stated that he opposes Ymeri, and that he has information that must not be allowed to fall into her hands."

"So what options do we have, then? Release him, leave him for Ymeri, or kill a prisoner for unknown offenses. Which one of those would you prefer?"

"Then there's the spellform you likely based that conclusion on" Lichaam continues, now in debate mode. "From a magical standpoint, the standard detect evil spell is more simplified than most realize. It successfully summarizes many data points into a single rating, but it loses details in the process. The strength of response is based in large part not on the degree of Evil, but on the power possessed by the one being examined."

Lichaam takes a moment to think of a suitable example. "Which would you consider more Evil? Someone who thinks seeing a puppy kicked is enjoyable, but who doesn't do so because it's illegal? Or a wandering killer who tortures his victims before leaving for another town? Under many circumstances, divinations would react more strongly to the former."


The efreeti looks at the Paladin with a stern look.

"What do you expect noble knight? I am an efreeti after all? Have you ever been to the plotting city of brass? You will realize that I am the kindest of my kind! But I also have my own agenda of course! Just be glad that our goal align and that you will receive 3 wishes at the end. If you would not have released me then I would have been tortured and killed. Would that have been better?" the genie asks and crosses his strong red arms.

The Concordance

Male elf evoker (admixture) 14 | HP 114+36/114 | AC 21 / 17T / 18FF | Fort +20, Reflex +20, Will +24 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +10 (+14 with HA) | Perc +38 | SM +9 | Speed 30' (flying F:60' / PS:100') | Spells 1st 6/8, 2nd 4/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 5/7, 5th 4/6, 6th 3/6, 7th 0/4 | EM 14/14, VE 2/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant), clear ear, heightened awareness, mage armor, overland flight, fly, life bubble, mass planar adaptation (plane of fire), darkvision, see invisibility, phantom stead (20' up), good hope, owl's wisdom, stone skin (140/150), prayer, long arm

***As Lichaam says, leaving him here would aid Ymeri and allow her to perpetrate greater evil. Isah seeks to end a war, one which could cost countless innocent lives, surely that is a worthwhile cause?***

***If I understand it correctly, your ability to detect evil auras would always detect such an aura with an efreeti, such an aura is just part of who they are, there is not a great deal they can do about it.***

***There are clerics in the Pathfinder Society who are followers of evil deities, who while they are not evil people, could still present powerful evil auras.***

***We should judge individuals on their actions, not just on what they are, or a simple piece of divination magic, which as Lichaam again points out is more a measure of an individuals power rather than their capacity for evil***

I assume I’m correct in understanding that most efreeti would detect as evil, just due to being outsiders who come with a LE alignment as standard?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 130/130 (172 for troll) AC33(40 for troll) Touch 13 Flat 31; F+17 R+11 W+18(+2 ench,+4 fey) INIT+4 Perc+21 CMB+16 CMD+30 Lion Shaman 13/Samurai 1, {see in posts} Shape changed 1/5 Beads 0/3, Rerolls 0/3

Fendahl does not care much of the aura as long as the Efreet keeps his word.

”We expect you to honor your commitments if you want help from us. We have our own commitments and your freedom is secondary to completing our mission. “

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Psychic 12 - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +25 detect scrying, HA, AC 32/ touch 22/ ff 27, Deskari's Wing; hp 74/74 temp 54/54 DR 10/adm(150); F+16, R+15, W+21, Speed 35 ft., Climb 20 ft., Fly 60 ft. Carried: LogicRod, StaffMinArc, LckyHrshoe, Fr-LfClvr; Buffs: elem.mx4, invis, mir img 5, resist energ 30 (all), loc creat, det scry, mg armr, shld, msg, flse life, fly, see invis, hghtnd awrnss, telbnd x2, gdpe, owl; Alc: antitx/plg/verm/syrup | exh

Yanndu adds ***...Caduceus...if you go on a rescue mission for the Society to save rich merchant family members...let's call them the Blagross family for the sake of this example...and you defeat their abductors, find them chained in a dungeon, and cast your divination spell to realize some of the family members are evil...would you leave them there or obey your orders to save them?...***

Yanndu pauses mentally briefly, then resumes his train of thoughts, ***...evil is everywhere...it is a fact of life...but are our societies not built on a set of agreed upon laws and the promise of civilized behavior?...and are the gods and goddesses who represent the better aspects of our nature not open to free will and the possibility of any creature's redemption?...the efreeti, if slain or continuously imprisoned, will serve no purpose for this mission, at the very worst...at the very best, his freedom will help us reach for the greater good...you attribute his existential state of evil as a detriment in itself, but you fail to realize there are millions like him in the inner planes to take his place...an inexhaustible supply of evil, if you will...pick your battles my friend, as one day you may need to wonder what to do with a son or daughter that registers negatively upon the casting of your favorite divination trick...information is power and a tool to comprehend the deeper meanings of the universe, not something to blindly enact a standard operating procedure upon...mercy, should your choose it as a value, should be indiscriminate, however...I want him unchained because I think the creature has earned his freedom...no more, no less...and I do not affirm that such a decision would be wise or unfortunate...not even the gods can boast that they know all the twists and junctions of time and reality...ultimately, his soul essence needs to return to the planes, and keeping him here is tantamount to perverting a soul into eternal undeath...***

Silver Crusade

Paladin 4 / Oracle 8 AC 27 {T:13/FF:27} HP 116/116 Init+0, Perception +2 | Fort +15, Reflex +9, Will +19 | Tracked Resources: Oracle Channel 7d6 (DC 20) 6/7 | Paladin Channel 3d6 (DC 16) 9/9 | LoH 4d6+2 {+1d6 or Mercy} 11/12 | Reroll 1/1

The paladin seems more than a little surprised at the team's response. Shaking his head, "I never cease to be amazed at the moral flexibility of The Pathfinder Society. Perhaps the first indication was when Venture Captain Heidmarch ordered the summary execution of her enemies. The bloodlust of several agents led them to blindly follow this order with little question. I had thought them all swept up in the moment, but I now slowly begin to see that The Pathfinders prefer it this way and that I, and those like me, are the anomaly."

"It is fascinating how mortals try to explain the unknowable power of a goddess by attempting to place it in some familiar context they learned about as a neophyte apprentice. Please do not diminish Her wisdom and insight because you cannot comprehend them. It is the way of fools and the unenlightened, and certainly beneath all you scholars."

He shakes his head disappointingly. "You may have your intellectual traps and loopholes as you wish, but I shall not entertain or humor such conversation. It would have been welcome, even invigorating, as an honest philosophical exploration of our varied and diverse views. But right now? No. You have already made up your minds, possibly lured by the promise of unearned rewards. Possibly not. In either case, no earnest dialogue is to be had here."

He turns to face Isah, "To answer your question, I have never been to your Brass City. However, to say your actions are dictated by your blood or your homeland conveniently excuses your poor choices and diminishes the power of your own agency. Do not insult us and try to paint yourself a victim. I have little doubt you have sewn more than your fair share of misery. The decisions of your past placed you in this predicament, no one else's. I will not prevent my allies from freeing you. To do so only imperils them unnecessarily."

I mean, a dragon IS coming. Can't be mid-philosophical debate and get caught with our pants down. Lol.


LOVING IT! :-)

Isah smiles.

"Of course I have done what needed to be done! And you all did what you had to do. I mean three wishes is ample payment I would say. But I can also just grant the wishes now and vanish. Maybe that is preferable as you then do not need to see me anymore? I could also go and grant no wishes. As you wish!" the outsider says.

DC 27 Sense Motive:

bluff: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27

He is trying to trick you into using one of your wishes already without much impact.

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82+11/82 | AC 13 16 20 / 12T / 11 18FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 +14 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17 +19, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Obscure Object (on the Untouchable Opal)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Heightened Awareness 30m (expend for +4 initiative)
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Phantom Steed x? (CL14, 15m each)
Good Hope 4m (from Daathiel)

Air Elemental - 108hp
https://aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elder%20Air%20Elemental

"So you are quite reasonably upset at Mrs. Heidmarch ordering her enemies killed... but also upset that we're not just killing Isah?" Lichaam seems quite confused at the apparent contradiction, to the point of not even addressing Caduceus' other concerns.

Did he seriously think the field of insights given to holy warriors was an unresearched one? Maybe he should write about that after the mission...

The Concordance

Male elf evoker (admixture) 14 | HP 114+36/114 | AC 21 / 17T / 18FF | Fort +20, Reflex +20, Will +24 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +10 (+14 with HA) | Perc +38 | SM +9 | Speed 30' (flying F:60' / PS:100') | Spells 1st 6/8, 2nd 4/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 5/7, 5th 4/6, 6th 3/6, 7th 0/4 | EM 14/14, VE 2/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant), clear ear, heightened awareness, mage armor, overland flight, fly, life bubble, mass planar adaptation (plane of fire), darkvision, see invisibility, phantom stead (20' up), good hope, owl's wisdom, stone skin (140/150), prayer, long arm

***While this is an interesting debate, I am also very conscious that we have an important task to perform, and enemies potentially closing in. Personally I would be happy to take Isah up on his offer to accompany us, as we don’t know exactly what challenges we may face in our upcoming task. However, Caduceus is clearly uncomfortable with the situation, so if it would make things easier I would not have a major issue with making use of our wishes now and departing ways with Isah. If we anticipate that we may need to deal with this dragon, perhaps we should use them to gain an advantage against such a foe?***

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Psychic 12 - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +25 detect scrying, HA, AC 32/ touch 22/ ff 27, Deskari's Wing; hp 74/74 temp 54/54 DR 10/adm(150); F+16, R+15, W+21, Speed 35 ft., Climb 20 ft., Fly 60 ft. Carried: LogicRod, StaffMinArc, LckyHrshoe, Fr-LfClvr; Buffs: elem.mx4, invis, mir img 5, resist energ 30 (all), loc creat, det scry, mg armr, shld, msg, flse life, fly, see invis, hghtnd awrnss, telbnd x2, gdpe, owl; Alc: antitx/plg/verm/syrup | exh

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

***...on another note, do NOT say or answer anything back to the efreet...while I disagree with Caduceus about freeing him, our friendly holy warrior is indeed correct that the creature, by its very nature, is trying to trick us...he is doing so as we speak, trying to have us use one of the wishes as part of a conversational triviality...my last words on the matter: I recommend we free him and take his granted wishes as soon as possible...he has already said: 'I swear to not attack you if you release me! I have no quarrel with you. Should you liberate me, I would count you as an ally. I am a good person to have as an ally. Worse, though, as an enemy! And yes. I will grant you three wishes!'...***

The Concordance

Male elf evoker (admixture) 14 | HP 114+36/114 | AC 21 / 17T / 18FF | Fort +20, Reflex +20, Will +24 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +10 (+14 with HA) | Perc +38 | SM +9 | Speed 30' (flying F:60' / PS:100') | Spells 1st 6/8, 2nd 4/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 5/7, 5th 4/6, 6th 3/6, 7th 0/4 | EM 14/14, VE 2/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant), clear ear, heightened awareness, mage armor, overland flight, fly, life bubble, mass planar adaptation (plane of fire), darkvision, see invisibility, phantom stead (20' up), good hope, owl's wisdom, stone skin (140/150), prayer, long arm

***That sounds like a sensible suggestion to me.***


So what do you do?

Isah looks at all of you expectantly.

"So what is the deal? Do you wish for anything?"

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Psychic 12 - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +25 detect scrying, HA, AC 32/ touch 22/ ff 27, Deskari's Wing; hp 74/74 temp 54/54 DR 10/adm(150); F+16, R+15, W+21, Speed 35 ft., Climb 20 ft., Fly 60 ft. Carried: LogicRod, StaffMinArc, LckyHrshoe, Fr-LfClvr; Buffs: elem.mx4, invis, mir img 5, resist energ 30 (all), loc creat, det scry, mg armr, shld, msg, flse life, fly, see invis, hghtnd awrnss, telbnd x2, gdpe, owl; Alc: antitx/plg/verm/syrup | exh

GM Nowruz: I thought you said the wishes are on the Chronicle Sheet... do we get three more wishes here in-game???

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82+11/82 | AC 13 16 20 / 12T / 11 18FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 +14 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17 +19, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Obscure Object (on the Untouchable Opal)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Mass Fly 2h 10m (all)
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Heightened Awareness 30m (expend for +4 initiative)
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Mirror Image 13m (6 images)
Phantom Steed x? (CL14, 15m each)
Good Hope 4m (from Daathiel)

Air Elemental - 108hp
https://aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elder%20Air%20Elemental

Following a not-so-brief telepathic discussion, Lichaam casts a spell of flight on everyone.
Mass Fly, 130 minutes

"Isah," he starts, "we have two wishes to use now, and will delay using our third per the agreement."

"For the first wish: I wish for the effects of the communal stoneskin spell to be applied to our group."

Assuming no shenanigans happen, he continues. "For the second wish: I wish for the effects of the mass owl's wisdom spell to be applied to our group."

Then, to the others, he adds "We should do what we came here for quickly."

Just before they begin the work of breaking the Opal, Lichaam casts mirror image on himself.
Images: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Isah smiles wickedly.

"As you wish!!" he says and concentrates.

Suddenly, reality starts to warp and the wish comes into effect which makes your Flesh as hard as stone and your mind much sharper!

Isah looks at you expectantly.

"So what now?"

The Concordance

Male elf evoker (admixture) 14 | HP 114+36/114 | AC 21 / 17T / 18FF | Fort +20, Reflex +20, Will +24 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +10 (+14 with HA) | Perc +38 | SM +9 | Speed 30' (flying F:60' / PS:100') | Spells 1st 6/8, 2nd 4/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 5/7, 5th 4/6, 6th 3/6, 7th 0/4 | EM 14/14, VE 2/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant), clear ear, heightened awareness, mage armor, overland flight, fly, life bubble, mass planar adaptation (plane of fire), darkvision, see invisibility, phantom stead (20' up), good hope, owl's wisdom, stone skin (140/150), prayer, long arm

Kyron nods to the efreeti "Thank you Isah... Now we get to work..."

He turns to the rest of the party "Let's apply any other medium term magics we may need in the event of unwanted interruptions, and then finish what we came here to do..."

Once the party are ready to start work on breaking the Opal Kyron will also cast Mirror Image (extended).
Number of images: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

301 to 350 of 480 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / #8-25: Unleashing the Untouchable - GM Nowruz All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.