Sixguns over Thassilon (Inactive)

Game Master tumbler

Campaign Slides


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,119 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Human Hunter (Colluding Scoundrel, Urban Hunter) 3 | HP 26/26 | AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD:18 | F+5 R+7 W+3 | Init+6 | Perc+10
Midnight:
HP 25/25 | AC:20 T:14 FF:18 CMD:18 | F+5 R+5 W+2 | Perc+7

Higgins lets a bit of time pass and heads on in the circle again, hoping he will fit. He's methodical about this, having no idea when the other side might free up.


Realizing Wes was joining her on the circle, Roja stays put, "At least we know where were going."


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Someone must have erected the wall of force. That or it was part of the tunnel made here. She looks for a way to deactivate it along the walls in the room they are in. If she cannot find it, she will have Myrandya return through the portal and will have everyone stay on that side of the portal back in the main room they started in. There was no use continuing with a wall of force like this.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Myrandya wrote:
Myrandya tries again to get the attention of the goblin. "Hey! Kin you hear me? Vhere did you kome from?"

"A cave. You can get there from the words. Chief Gutwad." He motions to the runes on the wall behind him.


The wall of force looks to be a permanent effect, not a recently cast spell.

Also, looking at Myrandya here, you see that there is a sort of magical dead zone around the bracers she discovered...


How quickly will Wes and Roja join Nempura and Myrandya on the 'other side'?

As they wait to teleport, Roja tells Wes, "We found a magic wall separating the room, hopefully Nempura can figure it out."


F LN Gnome Tiefling Legendary Alchemist 4 | HP 31/31| AC 24 T 23 FF 21 | CMB 0 CMD 22 | F +6 R +7* W +3* | Init +11 Per +9 SM +2 darkvision | HH 4/4 Q 10/10 SR 3/3 | extracts 1st-5/5 2nd-2/2 | effects none

Myrandya frowns. "Ve kannot get to you, because of zhis wall off force betveen us. And your vords do not vork? How lonk haff you been zhere? It may be zhat ve kannot do anyzhink for you. Do you haff any dyink reqveshts? Lasht vishes?" Though her words are a little callous, she does seem to genuinely want to help the goblin.

When Nempura relates her intentions, Myrandya nods and touches the runes, planning to go back and inform the others what is happening, and conveying Nempura's suggestion that they all stay put.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

As a player, I know that Myrandya has the guantlets that create a magical deadzone, which can undo the wall of force, but as a player, do I see this? If she does notice, can we just fast forward getting that field down and getting people through?


Male Human Hunter (Colluding Scoundrel, Urban Hunter) 3 | HP 26/26 | AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD:18 | F+5 R+7 W+3 | Init+6 | Perc+10
Midnight:
HP 25/25 | AC:20 T:14 FF:18 CMD:18 | F+5 R+5 W+2 | Perc+7
Isabella Roja wrote:

How quickly will Wes and Roja join Nempura and Myrandya on the 'other side'?

As they wait to teleport, Roja tells Wes, "We found a magic wall separating the room, hopefully Nempura can figure it out."

"Them ladies are smart, they'll figure it out," agrees Higgins.

I'm hoping Nempura already has, based on her last post.


GM SuperTumbler wrote:

The wall of force looks to be a permanent effect, not a recently cast spell.

Also, looking at Myrandya here, you see that there is a sort of magical dead zone around the bracers she discovered...

This was intended for Nempura. To give you a reason to at least pursue that.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Ahh I must have misread it.

With Myrandya showing signs that the gauntlets are showing resistance of magic, she will direct her small friend to produce them and help them traverse the barrier to the other side.


F LN Gnome Tiefling Legendary Alchemist 4 | HP 31/31| AC 24 T 23 FF 21 | CMB 0 CMD 22 | F +6 R +7* W +3* | Init +11 Per +9 SM +2 darkvision | HH 4/4 Q 10/10 SR 3/3 | extracts 1st-5/5 2nd-2/2 | effects none

Myrandya is not sure she understands what Nempura wants her to do. "Vhat? Ffery vell, here are zhe gauntlets, but I am not sure I am gettink vhat you vant me to do viss zhem. Do I put zhem on? Push shrough zhe vall? I vill attempt it, certainly. Zhere!"


Isabella Roja wrote:
How quickly will Wes and Roja join Nempura and Myrandya on the 'other side'?

Have Roja and Wes teleported back yet?


Somehow I have completely bungled this set up. So sorry! Wes and Isabella are in the room with the circle on the floor. Myrandya and Nempura are in the small room with the wall of force and the circles on opposite walls. The small room only allows two people in it right now.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

"Yes, I want to experiment with them." Nempura will state as she will hold out her hands for them. At first, she will touch them to the barrier. If that doesn't work, she'd put them on.


"Blast!" Cursing as she realizes the circle had not sent them to the other place, Roja looks up at Wes, "It was a small room, maybe there is not space."


Male Human Hunter (Colluding Scoundrel, Urban Hunter) 3 | HP 26/26 | AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD:18 | F+5 R+7 W+3 | Init+6 | Perc+10
Midnight:
HP 25/25 | AC:20 T:14 FF:18 CMD:18 | F+5 R+5 W+2 | Perc+7

"Guess only the skinny ones made it," retorts Wes, half jokingly. "We keep tryin'." Higgins occasionally steps out and in to the circle.


As the bracers approach the barrier, Nempura feels a resistance, as if she is pushing them through water, a sensation both familiar and not.

The wall cannot be seen, and the bracers give off no magical glow, but there is a slight glow as the bracers push the magic of the wall away, slowly deforming the unbreakable wall of force until it shatters. The shards of force boil away into the ambient magic of their surroundings.

The goblin on the other side steps away from the display, unwittingly backing into the runes on the opposite wall and disappearing. Suddenly, Higgins and Roja appear in the room with Nempura and Myrandya.

And we are all rejoined.


GM SuperTumbler wrote:
There is a circle of runes on the wall to the east and (on the other side of the force wall) to the west that seem identical to the runes on the floor of the room you came from.

Finding herself back 'on the other side' Roja sees Nempura holding the bracers. She smiles at Wes, "I knew she'd figure it out." She gestures towards the circle of runes to the east, "Shall we?"


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

"Aww, you're cute," she laughs at Roja's compliment and then lets the tough lady go first. After, she will hand the gauntlets back to Myrandya for safekeeping and then would follow the others through. "Don't be afraid to put these on or hand them to someone who will if we see that bladeless blade..." she whispers.


F LN Gnome Tiefling Legendary Alchemist 4 | HP 31/31| AC 24 T 23 FF 21 | CMB 0 CMD 22 | F +6 R +7* W +3* | Init +11 Per +9 SM +2 darkvision | HH 4/4 Q 10/10 SR 3/3 | extracts 1st-5/5 2nd-2/2 | effects none

Myrandya nods at Nempura's instructions and prepares to follow through the teleportation portal.


Touching the opposite wall, you immediately find yourself in a familiar room with a familiar and overwhelming smell.

This is the teleportation room in the goblin caves.


Chuckling at Nempura's response, Roja move forwards winchester in hand. Recognizing the goblin caves she headed towards the exit, trying to remember if they had seen any mounts or if the fellow would be on foot. Asking "How much of a lead to you think he has."


You guys didn't leave anything behind that he could ride. Unless he could resurrect the dead mule and ride it. That would have been cool, but he could not.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

"I have no idea. He probably just came through here. If we hurry back to our horses by Mama's hideout, then ride back with the dwarf, maybe we'll catch him at the river. He doesn't know we are after him, so we have the element of surprise and speed with us. Let's just make sure he's not still in the cave."

With that, she will cautiously open the door to see how he managed to get past the cave-in they created by blasting just so this couldn't happen.


I was waiting for an explanation to Nepura's post, but I think I have it figured out. If we bump down to map 9, we are in the left hand circle room?

Nodding in agreement, Roja moves out of the 'circle room' and quickly checks the cave where they rescued the dwarf.

she'll take 10(18) on perception, if they don't fine the 'peacock man'

Moving around the blockades the goblins had set, "Some of use can follow the cave out, possibly catch him before he gets to town, But having someone fetch the horses is a good idea." Not waiting for a response she moves to the cave tunnel following it back outside, hoping to catch their quarry.


For those who don't remember, you guys dynamited the cave to seal it up and keep anyone from using it.

Roja finds the cave is still fully collapsed. She might have heard of magics that would allow someone to flow through such a rock fall, and certainly powerful magics could whisk the caster anywhere he wanted to go, but you don't see any other way you could have gotten through.

Looking around, you find a set of footprints of a medium sized humanoid, narrow feet, light step. They approach the rock fall from the same direction as you, move about as though someone was probing for a way around or through, and then turn back the way you came.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

This leads you to the central room, which you previously determined was the chief's quarters. Peering in, you see a man with pointed ears, likely half elven. He wears a duster embroidered with peacock feathers, a pistol at his left hip for cross drawing. He is crouched over the goblin chief's bed roll. Hearing you approach, he turns and begins to stand, not appearing alarmed.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Nempura casts her dancing lights spell to illuminate the room and sends them about, allowing the lights to help them figure out what is happening here. She chuckles when they see the figure, clearly wearing peacock feathers.

"Ahh, good."

In her voice is something akin to locating the person she sought.

"Working with goblins, kidnapping a dwarf alchemist, murder, and terrorism of Roderick's Cove. What else should we charge you with? As Deputies under the Sheriff, we order you to drop your weapons, belongings, you and those who may have come through with you, and surrender."

She slowly draws her gun. This is not a shoot-out. She has the lawful right to pull her arms against a criminal civilian, however, should a civilian do so against a lawman, that's a death sentence.


Following Nempura into what was the chiefs quarters, Roja keeps her Winchester trained on the half-elf, looking for an excuse to shoot the man.


Nempura Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Roja Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The half-elf smiles widely and reaches-slowly and carefully- up to the broad lapel of his jacket. He turns it, revealing a tin Sihedron. "Investigating bandits, commandeering a useful collaborator, and protecting the peace of the land. 'Justice, Integrity, Service.' I'm afraid the President himself outranks your Sheriff."

It would appear that the dandy is a Marshal.

Not sure if Wes and Myrandya can see him, but once they can, they need to make a Will save as well. This is an illusion.


F LN Gnome Tiefling Legendary Alchemist 4 | HP 31/31| AC 24 T 23 FF 21 | CMB 0 CMD 22 | F +6 R +7* W +3* | Init +11 Per +9 SM +2 darkvision | HH 4/4 Q 10/10 SR 3/3 | extracts 1st-5/5 2nd-2/2 | effects none

Sorry, I thought I posted that Myrandya is following Nempura!

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Steely Resolve:
Steely Resolve (Ex) (Disciple's Doctrine pg. 23): Three times per day, as an immediate action when the vigilante fails a Will saving throw against a mind-affecting effect, the vigilante can delay the effect’s onset for a number of rounds equal to half his vigilante level, after which the vigilante is affected as normal by the entire effect. Rounds spent delaying the effect do not count toward the effect’s duration.


Myrandya is not affected. This is a Raiment of Command spell. It is not mind affecting, but you do resist the illusion.

You are cloaked in an illusion of authority. Others perceive you to be a legitimate figure of authority, such as a higher-ranking official, a religious figure, or a more powerful warrior. This illusion grants you a +5 bonus on all Diplomacy and Intimidate checks. If you attempt to disguise yourself as a specific authority figure whom you have met in person, you gain a +10 competence bonus on the Disguise check and any Bluff check related to impersonating that authority figure.

In addition, others are uncomfortable acting against you. Creatures with an Intelligence of 3 or more take a –2 penalty on all opposed checks made against you, such as Sense Motive checks made to determine if you’re bluffing, or Perception checks made to notice you when you’re using Stealth to sneak (a result of their not wanting to question whether you belong there, and thus giving you the benefit of the doubt).


F LN Gnome Tiefling Legendary Alchemist 4 | HP 31/31| AC 24 T 23 FF 21 | CMB 0 CMD 22 | F +6 R +7* W +3* | Init +11 Per +9 SM +2 darkvision | HH 4/4 Q 10/10 SR 3/3 | extracts 1st-5/5 2nd-2/2 | effects none

Myrandya also draws her rifle on the peacock man. "Zhat izn't a marshal's badge," she says in a cool, quiet voice.

Can she identify the spell?
Spellcraft, flash of insight: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 10 + (2) = 20


Yes


F LN Gnome Tiefling Legendary Alchemist 4 | HP 31/31| AC 24 T 23 FF 21 | CMB 0 CMD 22 | F +6 R +7* W +3* | Init +11 Per +9 SM +2 darkvision | HH 4/4 Q 10/10 SR 3/3 | extracts 1st-5/5 2nd-2/2 | effects none

"He’s casht a raiment of command spell zhat makes you belieff he is a pershon of authority. Trusht me, my friends, he iz not vhat he claims to be." She squints at him. "I suggesht you surrender, peacock-man, if you do not vant me to ffill your cloak viss holes!"


Confused, Roja looked from the dandy to Myrandya. Red would have had no issue shooting the marshal where he stood. But it was that sort of attitude that had made him a wanted man. Roja was trying not to make the same mistakes that she'd made in the past. As the gnome added 'trust me my friends' Roja looked back at Nempura. It wasn't like they couldn't just shoot the man and bury him here in the cave. Blame the goblins, say they found the body; no one would know the difference. As long as they all kept their mouths shut.

Keeping her winchester trained on the marshal she adds, "A tin star doesn't make you above the law. Do as my small friend here suggests, no harm done sorting it all out instead of killing each other."


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Nempura wasn't immune to the spell, but her eyes were revealed to the illusion by knowing spell names and Myrandya calling it out. She could still only see it as a marshall's badge, so Nempura decided it was time to act.

"Marshall or not, you are going to surrender your firearms, get down on your knees, and put your hands on your head. Until we can legitimize your claim, you are a prisoner. Your explanation doesn't carry weight for what is leveled against you by the testimony of others and the law. Now do it!" She commanded. This was the last straw. She looked like she was getting ready to fire.

Nempura began to spread out from being all grouped together.


"Well, you do have me outgunned. So I will oblige for now." He raises his hands into the air.

And will allow you to take custody of him.


Male Human Hunter (Colluding Scoundrel, Urban Hunter) 3 | HP 26/26 | AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD:18 | F+5 R+7 W+3 | Init+6 | Perc+10
Midnight:
HP 25/25 | AC:20 T:14 FF:18 CMD:18 | F+5 R+5 W+2 | Perc+7

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Higgins was certainly struggling with trusting Myrandya over his own eyes. And yet there was one detail he couldn't let go of. The peacock feathers. "Yer Order of Resplendence, right? You got a lot o' explainin' ta do."

Before taking the man into custody, Higgins checks if the man looks like he's carrying an invisible sword.


As Nempura spread out, Roja nodded as the 'marshal' wisely raised his hands. While Wes checks the man, Roja rest her Winchester against the wall, then moves forwards to the prisoner. She realizes that having been arrested multiple times as Red, actually helped her here. Taking the mans gunbelt, she quickly pats him down. Pulling one hand down she asks, "Does anyone have manacles or should I tie him up, before we return through the portal to our horses?"

taking 10(18) on perception to search the prisoner


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

"We'll tie him up and then return him with the horses." Meaning they were going to be going back through the portals to the dwarf. Once he was tied up, she'd go a step further and tie a gag around his mouth so he couldn't cast more verbal spells to affect them. "These will come off when proper protections are in place."

If there was nothing else, she would return with the others through the portals, go back to their horses, and ride back to the sheriff.


Shaking her head, Roja gestures towards the ropes, "We should take him with us. Or leave someone here to guard him. He is too valuable a catch to throw back."

Just thinking we should take him along, also didn't we blow the entrance closed? How will we get him out?


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Nempura is suggesting to bind him, take him with them, go back through the portals, which would not be leaving the cave system by the front. She is suggesting to go back up the stairs near Mama, return to the horses and dwarf, and then ride back.


Nempura Babblebrook wrote:
Nempura is suggesting to bind him, take him with them, go back through the portals, which would not be leaving the cave system by the front. She is suggesting to go back up the stairs near Mama, return to the horses and dwarf, and then ride back.

Sorry Nempura I just reread that first sentence, apparently my brain put a 'to' between 'return' and 'him'. Obviously, I was still on my first cup of coffee...

Seeing the look the 'marshal' gave Roja she realized she'd misheard Nempura. Frowning at their prisoner, she checks the bindings on the ropes. Taking him by the elbow she picks up her winchester and heads towards the portals.


Male Human Hunter (Colluding Scoundrel, Urban Hunter) 3 | HP 26/26 | AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD:18 | F+5 R+7 W+3 | Init+6 | Perc+10
Midnight:
HP 25/25 | AC:20 T:14 FF:18 CMD:18 | F+5 R+5 W+2 | Perc+7

Higgins nods at Nempura's request and ties up the rope, stepping aisde once he's done so that Roja can make sure the bindings are tight.

He looks to the dwarf as Roja begins walking him toward the portals."Wouldn't've expected you to be alone, really. Where's the rest of you lot?"


Clarification: The dwarf is the travelling medicine guy you found in the goblin cave (which is where you are now, but before you dynamited it). This fake marshal actual Peacock guy is a half elf.

"My men were in the ruins above. I believe you dealt with them earlier. But no matter. Once we get to town everything will be sorted..."


As Roja moves with her companions and the prisoner, she smirks when the prisoner says everything will be sorted in town. Taking a deep breath, the half elf doesn't realize how lucky he is, to be a prisoner of Roja instead of Red. As they move through the ruins, she asks, "Shall we deal with whatever it is that is imprisoned above?"


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

"No, let's get everyone back safely, close up the ruins, and let the thing starve in there."

She will warn Mama not to go down there as the beast might still be living.


There are pretty much no obstacles to you getting back to town. Let me know if you want to get up to anything along the way.


Nodding in agreement with Nempura, Roja, keeps a firm grip on the prisoners shoulder. Moving back through the 'dig,' past the blocked door and where the guards were waiting, Roja politely nods to Mama. Letting someone else explain the prisoner, she takes the half elf outside, headed towards their mounts. Pausing she does a quick head count, turning to Nempura she asks, "Should we borrow a horse from mama or do you want to let this fool walk?"

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,119 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sixguns over Thassilon Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.