[Gameday XI] GM Eclipse's The Slave Master's Mirror

Game Master Agent Eclipse

Slave Master's Mirror


251 to 300 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

"Grrr...*yelp*...that lady the chief ran off? She stayed in the back but she is gone now that is why we were celebrating...your ruined it." Vangru says yelping in defeat.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

huh...i posted yesterday...it's gone...was going to rebuke death on the other gnoll...scanned for magic auras as well

Is that all?

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Goran continues tending to the badly injured Hargur and his detection shows the gnolls boots give a faint enchantment aura. Otherwise everything on them and in this room is mundane.

The group knows that the chieftan and his advisor are deeper in the facility past the djinn, likely to be where your goal is. There could be more gnolls coming back to facility later but currently it sounds quiet. It appears Vangru confirms that the "veiled lady" was once here< but supposedly has been ran off. Hargur will likely need quite a bit more healing to reach consciousness but will also likely not have more information than his partner.

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft
GM Eclipse wrote:
Goran continues tending to the badly injured Hargur and his detection shows the gnolls boots give a faint enchantment aura. Otherwise everything on them and in this room is mundane.

What about the third (bigger) gnoll - is it likely that he knows something? Also, are the boots of all three gnolls magical?

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

All the boots exhibit similar auras, likely to be the same ones.

Spellcraft DC 18:

These boots are Daredevil Boots.

This pair of magical boots shimmers in vibrant shades of blazing red and burning orange when they are held up to the light. These boots allow the wearer to gain extra maneuverability while moving through hazardous areas. As a free action, the wearer can click her heels together to grant herself a +5 competence bonus on Acrobatics checks made to move through threatened squares or to move through an enemy’s space without provoking attacks of opportunity for up to 10 rounds per day. The rounds do not need to be consecutive. Furthermore, anytime the wearer of the boots successfully moves though the space of an enemy without provoking an attack of opportunity, she gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls against that enemy until the end of her turn.

---

On the larger gnoll, as he gets close to rebuke them from the edge of death, he spots an aura around the gnolls neck.

Spellcraft DC 20:

This is an Amulet of Natural Armor +1.

---

---

Ah yeah, I read that as Rebuking Hargur.

With a bit of healing, Goran wakes the larger of the gnolls. His rage subsided, he still growls at the group looking around.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Jairo likely may have more information as well, and is waiting by the door deeper into the compound. His mood may change one way or the other with what has happened.

If the last fight is any indication, all but the strongest of the gnolls will be bonked by the wrath of the barbarian.

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Spell craft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Spell craft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Perrine examined the boots and the amulet, but she wasn’t able to identify either one. ”They are magical, but I can’t figure out any more than that….”

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

The tiefling sheaths her scimitar.

Hmm... perhaps we should go see Jairo to gauge his mood after all of this.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

aid spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13worth a shot for the dc 20 one

Goran examines the items.

sc, boots: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18sc, amulet: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

The group deals with gnolls, who were as helpful as can be expected or hoped, then heads to see Jairo.

The djinn eyes the group cautiously and awaits by the door, polishing the metal brackets.

"Quite a bit of blood on you, and quite a racket you caused. Too bad for those in the back who are causing their own and probably couldn't hear. Now, what can I do for you? Perhaps you wish to continue further in?" he asks with a wry smile.

"If that is the case I will need a password, such is her command and her choice. A few of you had quite a set of manners...I can't give it away but this password is no mere key; it’s a spoken declaration of belonging or devotion to a cause. What could be that important to my Pasha Muhlia al’Jakri?”"

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Were any of the magic items identified? If not, Muddy will stuff them into his bag of holding if nobody objects.

Muddy looks up at the imposing djinni.
"Hi, Jairo. I'm Muddy. Well, I mean, my name's Muddy." he says in his squeaky voice.

"A password, huh? 'A devotion to a cause'?"
Muddy scratches his head in thought.
"Explore, Report, Cooperate?”
He says enthusiastically, but then slumps his shoulders in disappointment realizing it's probably not the answer.
"I dunno. I got nothing." he says with a shrug as he looks at his companions, hoping one of them has the answer.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

"I'll have a guess. Pasha is motivated mainly by wealth and power, but she could also be feuding with an enemy we don't know. So it could be that she has sworn to revenge some insult. Does this make sense?" Jaakko wonders

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"Hm... the word 'Desimire' showed up here, too. And the password can also be a spoken declaration of belonging. So maybe..."

Dimak addresses Jairo and declares: "I belong to the Desimire brothers."

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Gorran was able to open the spoilers for the DC 18 and helped Perrine open the spoilers for the DC 20. There are two pairs of Daredevil Boots and the Amulet of Natural Armor +1.

Jairo laughs a little at the preceding answers, shaking his head but when Dimak speaks he perks up.

"Oh, it is a dreadful thing...now you have access to the inner chambers. Careful of the walking dogs, they have a bigger bite than the last ones." he says before stepping aside.

The group is able to follow a hallway back to a set of double doors, inside they hear the boisterous voice of Chau snarling and laughing.

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah draws her blade after hearing voices on the other side of the door, and unconsciously scowls it.

She turns back to check on the rest of the party and see if they're prepared to burst through these doors. She gives an expectant look and awaits all nods.

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Perrine nods at Nilah, ready for them to open the door.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

With new-ish magical boots on his flippery feet, Muddy clomps up the steps to the platform. It takes him a few moments to get used to the cumbersome feeling of footwear, but he soon begins to feel more agile in the shimmering red boots.

With bow in hand, he nods to Nilah to let her know he is ready.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

The Pathfinders take a brief moment at the doors, preparing to barge in and end the slavers operations...and accomplish their mission.

As the group opens the doors it reveals that a shallow reflecting pool is set into the tile floor, flanked by plush divans. Beyond two marble supporting columns, a heavy curtain separates the sitting room from the bedroom. A large map of Absalom hangs on the south wall, riddled with pins and crossed with colorful thread.

The curtains are opaque and block line of sight, but they are only anchored to a rod near the ceiling and pose no real obstacle to movement. The map of Absalom bears over a hundred pins tipped with beads of wax in half a dozen colors; many red, blue, and green strings connect various pins together. About thirty pins and several pieces of string lie on the ground.

The rustling comes from behind the curtains, and begins to quiet as the doors slam open.

Initiative:

Nilah: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Muddy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Dimak: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Jaakko: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Goran: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Perrine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Chau: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Rothur: 1d20 ⇒ 20

---

Combat Round 1: Bold may act.

Perrine
Jaakko
Dimak

Chau
Rothur

Nilah
Muddy
Goran

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Perrine casts Cause Fear on Rothur.

DC 14 Will save to resist.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Jaakko whispers short prayer and surge of power surrounds him. Divine favor

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Muddy tip-toes into the room and hides next to a table near the corner of the northern wall.
Double move, stealth.
Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Sorry for dragging my feet and posting this late.

Earlier (before the doors are opened):

Dimak draws his hammer and hands Nilah his wand of enlarge person.

"You know how to use this, right? Please use this on me right before we open the doors."

Adjusted marching order accordingly.

----------

Now:

Dimak hustles intothe room while growing. He let his anger rise.

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

The tiefling woman mutters an incantation and... vanishes!

[standard] Cast invisibility (Duration 4 min or until hostile action)

After which she skulks further into the room, unseen.

[move] 30'

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

(forgot to post my standard action and the AoOs)

Dimak waits with his attack for an enemy to enter his reach.
(standard action: Ready. Condition: an enemy enters a square threatened by the barbarian)

15-20 ft reach with the hammer, and 5-10 ft with his helmet, Combat Reflexes (3 AoOs)
also activating Reckless Abandon and Power Attack

Readied Attack Rage MW Longhammer, Dwarven + RA + PA: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 22
Bludgeoning + PA: 3d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) + 10 + 6 = 34

Dimak's AoOs:

AoO #1 Rage MW Longhammer, Dwarven + RA + PA: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 28
Bludgeoning + PA: 3d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5) + 10 + 6 = 28

AoO #2 Rage MW Longhammer, Dwarven + RA + PA: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 16
Bludgeoning + PA: 3d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3) + 10 + 6 = 27

AoO #3 Rage MW Longhammer, Dwarven + RA + PA: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 13
Bludgeoning + PA: 3d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) + 10 + 6 = 31

---

Dimak's defense stats (rage, RA, enlarged):

CMD 18 (10 +4 BAB, +7 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 RA, -1 enlarged)
AC 11, touch 7, flat footed 9 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 RA, -1 enlarged)
AC vs crit 13, touch 9, flat-footed 11 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 RA, -1 enlarged, +2 circumstance helmet)
DR 2/-
HP 53 (1d12+5)
Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +4 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities)

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Which map are we on? The one with the rectangular pool in the center, right? I don't see any enemies in the room, yet. What are you all casting spells at or attacking?

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Yeah, that is the room. The "fog of war'd" area is behind the opaque curtain. You can't see them but they should be back there.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

The group moves into the room, Muddy moving slowly to not alert any hiding enemies with Dimak marching forward after growing in size again.

Perrine can change her actions if she wishes, and take two rounds.

Jaake blesses the group as they move forward into the room.

---

Combat Round 2: Bold may act.

Perrine x2
Jaakko
Dimak

Chau
Rothur

Nilah
Muddy
Goran x2

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Muddy moves out from behind the table and tiptoes across the room. He hides behind the northeastern column, waiting for an enemy to enter the chamber from the east.
Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Perrine delays to see if the enemies come out looking for the extra large dwarf!

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah skulks forward but nobody sees her.

[double move] at half speed (30 ft total), moving with stealth
Stealth (invisible/mobile): 1d20 + 4 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 20 = 30

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Dimak moves forward and again waits with his attack for an enemy to enter his reach.
(standard action: Ready. Condition: an enemy enters - or appears/becomes visible in - a square threatened by the barbarian)
Do I have to roll again? Or can I keep those rolls since nothing triggered?

---

Dimak's defense stats (rage, RA, enlarged):

CMD 18 (10 +4 BAB, +7 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 RA, -1 enlarged)
AC 11, touch 7, flat footed 9 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 RA, -1 enlarged)
AC vs crit 13, touch 9, flat-footed 11 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 RA, -1 enlarged, +2 circumstance helmet)
DR 2/-
HP 53 (1d12+5)
Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +4 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities)

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

sorry..didn't realize i was up when i checked in yesterday...and internet has been spotty...you can sneeze and knock it out where i am...yay winter!

Goran moves in and bolsters his friends' fighting spiritcast Bless first action...should get everybody from where i moved

then loads his crossbow and prepares to fire it at any enemy that shows its face.

readied xbow: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 131d8 ⇒ 7

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Feel free to keep the rolls, and I can reference them later.

The two parties appear to be in stalemate as Pathfinder creep up, but the impatience of the new packleader gives way. Rothur pulling open the curtain, and Chau stepping out to greet the giant dwarf.

Goran's arrow sails gets stuck in the curtain, missing the gnolls.

Rothur gives an unnerving stare directly at Dimak...

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

...and he feels more sluggish and unable to avoid attacks.

Chau takes the chance to swing his shield with enough force to push Dimak back 10 feet into the water...

Shield Slam: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
B Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

...as his back foot hits the water of the reflecting pool, he begins to slip. Reflex DC 15

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

---

Combat Round 3: Bold may act.

Perrine
Jaakko
Dimak (Prone)(-2 HP)(-2 AC for 4 rounds)

Chau
Rothur

Nilah
Muddy
Goran

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

In hiding with the gnoll wearing white in his sights, Muddy unleashes a hail of arrows. All shots vs flat-footed AC.
+1 Comp. Longbow, deadly aim, rapid shot & PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
cold-iron arrow: 1d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
sneak: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

+1 Comp. Longbow, deadly aim, rapid shot & PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
cold-iron arrow: 1d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13
sneak: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

+1 Comp. Longbow, deadly aim, rapid shot & PBS: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16
cold-iron arrow: 1d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
sneak: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Perrine moves 20’ toward the enemies, taking her to the edge of the pool. She then casts Cause Fear on Rothur.

DC 14 Will save. Could someone move me up on the map, please? Thanks.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Jaakko runs toward the enemies with musket in hand. Double move

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Muddy, you are blessed (by Goran)! So your attack rolls are at +1.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Duration: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Rothur quickly begins to shake as Perrine's spell starts to take hold.

Chau is hit by surprise by the first of the arrows but the other two barely miss, but he still coughs up some blood as one sticks out of his chest.

---

Combat Round 3: Bold may act.

Perrine
Jaakko
Dimak (Prone)(-2 HP)(-2 AC for 4 rounds)

Chau (-25)
Rothur (Frightened 3 Rounds)

Nilah
Muddy
Goran

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah, still invisible, sneaks by both of the gnolls and positions herself advantageously behind the (seemingly) more powerful one.

[double move] at half speed (25 ft total), moving with stealth
Stealth (invisible/mobile): 1d20 + 4 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 20 = 26

So if she makes it successfully past their perception, should be no AoOs. If her adjacent gnoll moves away she gets one (but that would be the end of invisibility).

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

Goran moves up to make sure Dimak isn't in peril.

You good? he asks as he manifests an explosion of bright light between the gnoll and hyena.

casting burst of radiance between them...dropping it right in front of the the hyena, so it won't hit anyone else...dc 15 reflex or blinded, dazzled if made...

BoR: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 4, 4) = 15
blind/dazzled: 1d4 ⇒ 4
SR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Sarenrae, blind my foes, if only for a brief time...

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Nilah easily slips by the gnoll witch.

Chau Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Rothur Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 5

---

Combat Round 3: Bold may act.

Perrine
Jaakko
Dimak (Prone)(-2 HP)(-2 AC for 4 rounds)

(White) Chau (-40) (Dazzled 4 rounds)
(Teal) Rothur (-15)(Frightened 3 Rounds) (Blinded 4 rounds)

Nilah
Muddy
Goran

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"I'm good, Goran. But this one will not be."

"Ha! Well done! But it will not save you from my wrath!"

Dimak stands up (move action) and attacks Chau with his hammer.

15-20 ft reach with the hammer, and 5-10 ft with his helmet, Combat Reflexes (3 AoOs, rolls are here, please add +1 for bless)
also activating Reckless Abandon and Power Attack

Rage MW Longhammer, Dwarven + RA + PA + bless: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 22
Bludgeoning + PA: 3d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) + 10 + 6 = 27

---

Dimak's defense stats (rage, RA, enlarged):

CMD 18 (10 +4 BAB, +7 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 RA, -1 enlarged)
AC 11, touch 7, flat footed 9 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 RA, -1 enlarged)
AC vs crit 13, touch 9, flat-footed 11 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 RA, -1 enlarged, +2 circumstance helmet)
DR 2/-
HP 53 (1d12+5)
Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +4 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities)

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Chau is surprised at the hammer swinging at him from such a distance but he is able to just barely shirk off the attack. he steps back and tosses a javelin but as he reaches for it...he is struck down as Dimak reacts. The hammer creates a sickening crunch as the bones in the gnolls arm shatter.

Ruthur attempts to flee past the group after seeing the new chieftan fall, but is quickly smashed into the sandy floor.

Combat Over.

With no more threats present, the group has the ability to search for their quarry.

Perception:

Nilah: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Muddy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Dimak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Jaakko: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Goran: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Perinne: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

The group searches through the room finding many things of interest. A chair with spring loaded manacles that could snap at someone nearing too close, a glass cabinet with frosty panes covering what appears to be vials of blood, and a bookcase filled with books.

Muddy and Dimak spot one peculiar title, The Slave Master's Mirror and a handful of other books on the shelves that appear to be journals, written in Kellish. If you attempt to read the journals:

Kellish:

These journals depict collection of blood from all slaves and match labels inside the cooled cabinet. It has records of scrying on the individual slaves through their blood. The journal also includes information on the houses of nobility they serve.
---

With more ample time, the group can examine the map of Absalom but rolling it up carefully to not remove pins will require a deft hand. DC 15 Dexterity or Sleight of Hand

DC 25 Knowledge (geography, local, or
nobility):

It shows major patterns in the placement of pins and string suggesting al’Jakri has found ways to spy on not only a dozen Absalom families but also a large number of the city’s more prestigious institutions, such as the Forae Logos and the Arcanamirium. Decoding the map entirely would take days and would still rely on considerable speculation without additional data— especially thanks to Chau’s removing a large number of pins—but the PCs’ discoveries provide an essential first step in cracking the pasha’s plans.
---

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

When attempting to take the peculiar book, it causes the bookshelf to spin and reveal an inner chamber; a small, unlit room carved out of the hill. The room is unadorned and contains only the wicked looking mirror.

As the group is working, Nilah hears the voice of Lady Darchana speaking to her magically.

"What is your status? Have you accomplished your objectives?
Please reply in no more than twenty-five words.”

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Muddy holds his arms out and blinks his big bulging eyes to ask to be picked up and held up high to get the map off the wall.
"Need some help, please."
Dex check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Nice. I thought I'd need some aid checks.
He carefully rolls up the map and tucks it into his bag of holding.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Jaakko takes a look of the map, while holding up Muddy. Placement of pins don't make sense to him.
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

When Dimak finds the journals written in gibberish Kellish, he just smiles and digs his Wand of Comprehend Languages out of his backpack.

"I've got just the right gadget for this! Watch me!"

He mutters a command word and...

UMD: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

...nothing happens. "Bah! Stupid stick! Start working... or else!" He violently shakes the wand and tries again:

UMD: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"That's better." The barbarian starts reading. "Whoa! I think this is important information - about scrying and blood of slaves and nobles and stuff! We better bring this back to the VC." He shares what he learned with the party. (You may open the Kellish Spoiler.)

Sorry, Dimak has no Knowledge except Nature.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

only have religion as a Know skill

Goran's brow furrows as Dimak shares when he has deciphered.

No, that's not troubling at all...

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Assuming Nilah informs the others of the message, anyone could reply to Lady Darchana.

Would the group like to do anything else with the slaves, djinni, or facility?

The mirror is of value to the society but the other mission was to find Al'Jakri who is no longer present.

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

”Do you all think we can get the mirror out of here safely? Unfortunately, it looks like the lady has left and I don’t have any idea where she might have went…”

251 to 300 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday XI] GM Eclipse's The Slave Master's Mirror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.