[Gameday XI] GM Eclipse's The Slave Master's Mirror

Game Master Agent Eclipse

Slave Master's Mirror


151 to 200 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Kennels.

"Oh! Such fire...if you were part of the pack we would have to do something about that but you are a guest...and not worth the trouble." Chau says laughing but also backing away from the display.

She lets out a whistle, "Save a little for the brave one. And show them to their beds." the chieftain says to his elder.

The slavers are led into the next room. Kennels -> Training Hall.

The décor in this section of the caves is an abrupt change from the dusty and unfinished slave quarters. This large room includes many of the trappings of a noble household: a table laid with fancy place settings, a vanity and wardrobe that would be at home in a lady’s boudoir, oversized oil paintings of stuffy nobles, a grand staircase and balcony, and even a chandelier suspended from the ceiling.

DC 15 Knowledge (local or nobility):

You almost positively identify two of the portrait subjects thus putting together some more information about the name that keeps coming up; Aglorn and Tancred Desimire, these two brothers are whom Pathfinder Society agents killed while clashing with the Aspis Consortium and demonic forces from the Worldwound respectively.

---

Sitting in the room is a djinni who is working to create food and drink.

"Go to sleep and don't cause trouble for us. Roll out some hay for them." they say first to the slavers then to the djinni.

The gnolls don't say much more before they leave to go deeper into the facility.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Such riches and grandeur made by selling people.
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Interesting... Nilah mutters, not entirely to herself.

She approaches the djinn and flashes a warm smile.

So what is your place in this roughshod operation?

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

"Merp."
Muddy blurts as he waits for something to happen.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

"Oh me? Why must all of those coming through have such poor manners. The ones I teach end up being more civilized and they are the ones being sold. What is your name?" the djinn looks at Nilah, sighing.

---

In the slave quarters, the group mostly talks quietly about their pasts as the night begins to go on.

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah frowns, understanding the djinns protest but only seeing it as a delay.

Oh. My name is Nilah. You are?

Diplomacy, make an impression: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

He shakes his head, "What a lovely name a shame you hadn't shared it as soon as we met. I am Jairo the Enlightener and to answer your question from before, I train the product and keep the place lavish. I also keep the door sealed so that no one bothers the master." he says before returning to preparing some food items.

"Would you lot like to eat?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

"Nice to meet you, Jairo. My name is Jaakko and while I'm not particularly hungry I'm more than willing to join for company."

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

To the slave pen group:

The halfling whispers to the others. ”So what’s the plan here? Are we trying to sneak out tonight or are we waiting to observe a day or so before making our move? What does everyone think?”

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah smirks, letting the djinn's lecturing pass.

Yes thank you. I could eat. What sort of things do you train them in?

She continues, just to get him talking about his processes.

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Exhausted (just fatigued, actually) Dimak keeps himself near Nilah, making no conversation except for a few grunts.

@all: Sorry for my low posting frequency in the last few days. Dimak isn't built as a social character, so currently he is trying to not screw things up...

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Slave Quarters:

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Korshad perks up as he catches some of the whispered conversation.

"Sneak out? That will anger the gnolls if they catch you...and they will have my hide too! We can't have that!" he says, a mix between a whisper and holding back a yell.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Training Hall:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
"Company that isn't gruff and violent would be nice. Nice to meet you too!" he says, growing more at ease with the new introduction.

He smiles as Nilah asks her question, "Cleaning, serving, the ability to do other tasks such as minor repairs. All the things one would want in a house servant. The better their skills the stronger the offers. And perhaps a better house for them to work in. Distasteful but a wish is a wish and an order is an order." he sighs.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Muddy loses hope after the idea of sneaking out is rebuked by Korshad.

He gets up and walks over to one of the bedrolls.
"Meh. Me gonna go to dreamland. Wake me when something interesting happen."
He curls up under the blanket and tries to get some much needed rest.
The soft, rhythmic croaking of his snoring is actually quite pleasant and somniferous.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah, still smiling cocks her head and lets slip a slightly confused expression.

Oh? Whose wish and whose order?

She has more questions, but one thing at a time and interested to see how much this djinn will elaborate freely as we get the lay of the land here. BTW, others please jump in as well with questions or general schmoozing of the djinn.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

When the topic of dinner is brought up, the barbarian's tired face lights up.

"Well met, Jairo! My name's Dimak. This looks absolute delicious! And yes, I'm hungry, I could eat a whole roast all by myself - but I'd need something to wash it down. You wouldn't, by chance, have any dwarven ale, would you?"

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Edit: Schmoozing of the djinn included, as requested by my boss. ;-)

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Training Room:

"Pasha Muhlia al’Jakri? Do you only know the gnolls? They are hard to ignore but certainly not the true leader here.” Jairo says as if it is no secret.

He turns to Dimak and nods, "I can conjure many things but you will have to forgive me if it isn't as authentic as you are used to." he says working one of his spells into the cup.

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Aha. Nilah nods knowingly.

Some of us are newer to this trade, so yes we haven't gotten much further than the gnolls. Our interactions with higher authorities have only been via correspondence. It must be a full-time job keeping the gnolls in line! I do hope they don't damage our product.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Would the group like to sleep or would they like to work through the night? Options are attempting to get your allies posing as slaves out, getting past Jairo, waiting for the next day, or start capping gnolls. But there could be other options just wanted to see if we wanted to push in a certain direction. I fumble with pushing forward sandbox games after many years of railroad-ish scenarios.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

wtf? wasn't getting post notis for this game...just checked to see whats up..will post shortly...

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

ok...back in the slave quarters..making that percption check
perc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12nope..

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

Easy, Korshad..everyone who has been a slave dreams of making a run for it, don't they? Now relax... Goran says, trying to ease the man's mind and see if he is willing to go along with it.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Are the gnolls still returning from partying in the evening? I think some of us hoped to see how drunk and unaware they would be at that point.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

I thought the gnolls were out hunting. Then, when they get back, that's when they're going to celebrate and get drunk. Right?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Yeah, it will be a mix. Guessing by hierarchy. Alright, I will fast forward a few hours with the next post.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

The group bides their time, waiting in the slave quarters trying to rest as those in the training room wait around for a moment of reprieve thanks to some intoxicated gnolls.

Slave Quarters:

While Muddy rests, Korshad continues to pace...the words from earlier leaving him restless. He speaks to some of the other slaves quietly.

Perception 15:

"When they get back from hunting I need to let them know. If they try something it will be on us. Better they get the lashings or worse, I worked too hard to be in this position."

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Training Room.

Roughly the same time, your two friends from before come past the curtains of the inner chambers and past Jairo. They appear less even-footed but not heavily drunk.

"Stupid dogs! Not back from hunting so we have to go get them...probably sitting at the gate and dingohead is sleeping or worse." Hargur grumbles pulling his lackey with him, nearly literally as he has more trouble standing.

They mostly ignore the group, only turning for a moment.

"Oh you still here? Genie man must be entertaining to them."

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

perc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Goran lets the others know something is up.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Trying to get some much needed rest, Muddy hears Korshad murmuring.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Slave Quarters.

Hearing the commotion of the duo of gnolls leaving the Training Room and beginning to pass through the Kennel, Korshad approaches the barred window of the door.

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Perrine also listens for anything weird in the slave pit.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Muddy makes a soft, yet odd, '"merp" sound at Perrine to get her attention. When she looks over at him laying on the mat, Muddy's eyes go wide and he shakes his head at Korshad, trying to give her a hint that Korshad is probably going to call out to the gnolls and tell them of our plan.

Muddy slowly stands, ready to jump on Korshad if he needs to.

Hoping Perrine can maybe diplomacize with Korshad.

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0
GM Eclipse wrote:

Hargur grumbles pulling his lackey with him, nearly literally as he has more trouble standing.

They mostly ignore the group, only turning for a moment.

"Oh you still here? Genie man must be entertaining to them."

Clarification: do they seem like they're going to head out immediately again?

Nilah attempts to influence the gnolls with a suggestion.

Why bother with the dogs when they'll return later anyway and you could just keep drinking!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

"Yeah forget those dogs, they can handle themselves, you have earned some time to drink."

diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Perrine tries to talk Korshad out of reporting them to the guards.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

[bkTorshad...don't do anything rash...please...just..give it some time...fair?[/b]

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Training Room.

If you had to guess the gnolls are going to let in the hunters, likely to stay in the barracks outside unless they caught food worthy of the chieftain.

The gnolls pay no serious mind to the suggestions of the group.

"You make a good point but I would still be skinned if the hunters are stuck outside." they say as the continue out to the kennels.

---

Slave Quarter.

For a moment, he appears to soften but shakes his head "No. Waiting could have me getting lashes too." he calls out from the bars.

"HEY! Please let me speak with one of you. The new slaves are up to something." he yells, as the two gnolls turn towards the door housing the slaves.

---

Training Room.

Nilah: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Dimak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Jaakko: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Dimak is the one to hear Korshad yelling out in the kennel.

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

@GM: Did we get enough rest for the fatigued condition to be removed?

Dimak turns to Nilah.

"Boss, something's up with the new slaves, I heard yelling about them. I think we should check on them."

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah turns to their new acquaintances in the dining room, and speaks with a cordial tone.

Excuse us. We need to go check on our stock. They may be... damaging themselves.

She leads her two "handlers" towards the slave kennel...

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

You have enough time for it to have dissipated.

Nilah leads the other two slavers out to the kennel where Korshaad is starting to talk to the gnolls through the bars. Even through their slight inebriation agitation is evident in their voice.

"You should be asleep and setting a good example!" Hargur growls.

Korshad wails, "No...I want to be. The new ones are planning something...they want to escape. Not I, just them!"

Both gnolls growl.

"Again? The little one...did they not learn their lesson. Bring her out." they demand, clearly actually speaking of the Bellflower agent, as they unlock the door.

As Korshaad attempts to push the others out of the slave quarters, one of the gnolls turns, "Oh you lot...your threats earlier didn't help now they are making a fuss. We have to teach a stronger lesson."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

As gnolls make threats Jaakko glances at his friends while gripping his musket. It seems he prepares to attack if gnolls get violent.
"Get ready." he whispers to Nilah and Dimak.

bluff to send secret message DC 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Gnolls can try Sense motive against Jaakko's bluff check to understand his intent and not be surprised.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Korshad should be over by the door, right? I'll post my actions/intentions after map is updated with placement of tokens.

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

We have rights to ensure our stock isn't being damaged! We will check on them! Nilah barks at the gnolls.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

Goran stands up and moves in front of the halfling.

Leave her alone...she's scared. A beating won't help her...

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Perrine tries to resist being taken anywhere. ”Get your hands off me! That Korshad is up to something devious and he’s trying to get us in trouble!”

Bluff 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"I'd listen to her if I were you", Dimak says to the gnolls, nodding towards Nilah.

Aid Intimidate: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Yes, Korshad is by the door.

Korshad steps aside as the gnolls unlock the door and move past.

The intimidation tactics fail to work and the bluffs fall to drunken ears. They step past Perrine and go for Gima. The halfling fights the gnools but the two overpower her and bring her to the kennel.

"You can check on yours but this one is going to be an example. You won't even lose anything as this one was already paid for...she gets to be a meal for the kennel master." Hargur snarls, whistling as the massive hyena above stirs.

You may interject at any point just putting what the gnolls intend to do.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

Unhand her...now! Sarenrae, lend me your blade... Goran says determined to stop the gnolls. A gleaming blade appears out of thin air and slashes at the lead gnoll.casting spiritual weapon...whichever one that is..i;ll leave that to you...moving up as well..can someone move my token please? i'm on my phone...

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
crit?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

The group can move around as they see fit before acting, and will get a surprise round due to Jakko's message. If you attack the gnolls before they drag her back out to the kennel the fight will start in there. If not it will be in the kennel area.

Once the group decides what actions they are taking in the moment, I will finalize the locations on map and roll initiatives.

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah draws her sword and stares down the gnolls.

We'll see about that... don't do anything until I'm done inspecting this entire kennel.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

She points her scimitar at each of the gnolls in turn before moving towards her companions to make a reasonable show of "checking on her stock."

151 to 200 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday XI] GM Eclipse's The Slave Master's Mirror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.