[Gameday XI] GM Eclipse's The Slave Master's Mirror

Game Master Agent Eclipse

Slave Master's Mirror


101 to 150 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah tries to hide her grimace and general distaste when the halfing is abused. If asked by the gnolls, she'll play it off explaining that its the halfling's behavior that bothered her.

There's only so much of this I'm going to be able to take...

Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Take 10 on Knowledge: Local: 10 + 0 = 10 Dimak is Liberty's Edge. :-)

The barbarian acknowledges Gima's words with a short nod.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Perception:

Nilah: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Muddy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Dimak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Jaakko: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Goran: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Perinne: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The nod and wink set Gima a bit more at ease, realizing she may not be alone but her mood is still unstable from outside appearances.

She looks at Muddy for a moment but continues shifting, the group isn't sure what to make of her state but as he talks to her Muddy realizes she is eyeing the horizon away from the ruins.

Dimak and Goran also spot her tensing her legs and subtlety working her wrist chains off with some cacti needles. The other two slaves keep to themselves, far calmer than Gima. Does anyone intervene in any way?

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Dimak will.

Quote:
"You better watch them good. If we lose them then you can be replacements" they call out to the other slavers in the group.

"I will!" the dwarf exclaims.

When the gnolls begin to doze, Dimak starts his watch by standing near the slaves, hammer drawn, with his back to the gnolls. He lowers his voice a bit.

"I can see you're on edge. Don’t even think about trying something now."

He looks pointedly at Gima, shaking his head just a little.

Trying to communicate that we are allies (Dimak is a member of Liberty's Edge) - and now is not the time to try to escape.

"If you need a reminder what will happen, well...", the dwarf raises his voice while demonstrating his skill with his weapon by crushing a small cactus with the head of his longhammer, "This should ring a bell! Hahahahaha!"

He laughs at his own crude rhyme.

I really hope this works out...

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

Goran looks at the halfling and subtly shakes his head. He mouths "not now".

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah walks up behind Dima, whispering so that only he can hear.

Dimak:
We could... dispatch the gnolls as they sleep to make this trip easier. No... never mind. That would be rash. After we arrive and gain more information we can make better plans.

She is clearly anxious to affect some sort of change here but needs to pick her spots. She looks over at the dozing gnolls.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Muddy yawns. Tries to keep eye out for something. Watching.
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Getting itchy. Sitting for long time. Sand in crack of rear. Skin drying up.

Muddy makes a "meep" to Goran.

"Need water again, please, sir. Me hope I go to place with big pond."

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Goblins struck again.

She appears to pause for a moment at the mouthed words of Dimak and Goran but her time in captivity has worn on her, she still moves while looking around shakily.

Can we get some rolls? Intimidate and Diplomacy are both possible choices, bonuses will apply for some members of the group.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

Sure thing... the priest says as he makes some water for Muddy once the gnolls' eyes are closed. He moves over to the halfling.

Please don't...we're gonna get you out..but be patient... he says softly as he puts his hand on hers reassuringly.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

We have the situation under control Nilah states, smirking at the halfling.

Diplomacy, aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 not very convincing

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

The halfling also tries to convince the other halfling to stay calm. ”We are going to get you out of this…”

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Intimidate: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1 :-( Well, what did I expect?

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

The group feels that they almost convinced her with their affiliations and mentions of a later escape but the she shakes her head, her chains and collar dropping to the sand before she starts to sprint full force.

Initiative:

Hargur: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Vangru: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Snapper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Nilah: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Muddy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Dimak: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Jaakko: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Goran: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Perrine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Gima: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Encounter Choices and Rules:
At this point you can play your roles as slaves and slavers in a few ways such as allowing the gnolls to handle the runner as slaves or even helping them recapture Gima as slavers, distracting them to help her escape as slaves (Bluff, Handle Animal, Wild Empathy or other creative uses) or offer to capture her but purposely fail (Bluff), and finally abandon the ruse and fight while remembering your end mission involves infiltrating their hideout.

Can everyone put tokens on the map in slides.

Gima sprints but the two gnolls spot the commotion and quickly send their hyena fast on her trail. Will add to slides as others put their tokens.

---

Encounter Round 1: Bold may act.

Snapper

Jaakko
Nilah
Dimak
Muddy

Hargur

Goran
Perrine

Vangru
Gima

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

We'll capture the halfling! Leave it to us! Nilah shoults to the gnolls before starting a dead sprint of her own (but not too fast!)

Bluff to Lie: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28 Another +1 if they could be attracted to her

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
"We're the best slavecatchers you're going to get!" Jaakko laughs confidently before sprinting after halfling with Nilah

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Bluff 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Perrine tries to add to the charade.

Could someone put my token anywhere on the map, please? Thanks so much.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Map Updated with locations of Gima's surprise move and Snapper's chase.

Hargur gives a sharp whistle and the hyena stops to wheel around.

"OKAY, show us what you got!" he replies to the confident bluff of the undercover Pathfinders.

---

Encounter Round 1: Bold may act.

Snapper

Jaakko
Nilah
Dimak
Muddy

Hargur

Goran
Perrine

Vangru
Gima

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"You shouldn't have made me angry!"

Enraged, Dimak hustles towards Gima, drops his hammer and tries to grapple her.

raging Grapple CMB + RA: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20
(vs. flat-footed? Is he flanking with the hyena?)

Dimak's CMD is now 19 with Reckless Abandon (RA).

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

With their collars attached by ropes, Muddy is yanked from his seat on the ground when Gima makes a break for it. He tries to keep up with her, his arms and legs flailing quite humorously as he runs after her and tries not to be choked by the collar.
"Gerp! Slow down!"

Added a yellow line on map for connecting rope.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Disregard my post above.

For whatever reason, Muddy gives chase after Gima. He must've gotten so into acting a slave that he believes he is a slave and wants freedom as well. He runs as fast as he can into the arid desert.

Green lines are Muddy's full move action.

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah runs after behind Dimak, not really trying very hard to get the grapple.

Oh, good! You've already got the halfling. We'll punish them in private. It's too much for gnolls to see...

Bluff to Lie: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

[double move]

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Dimak moves quickly and easily grabs the fleeing Gima, who slumps down and turns to the dwarf with a despondent look. She falls silent and stares ahead confused and waiting for the punishment of the gnolls.

Combat Over.

The gnolls appear impressed but more anxious to return the slaves.

"Not bad! I would have let Snapper have a taste though...slaves who run are no good."

"Beat her and leave her!"

The two gnolls state out loud but make no move to do so with the situation under control. Nilah's comment doesn't go over well but they are convinced by Dimak's grasp.

"Fine, you can deal with her." Hargur snarls.

---

On the morning of the third day of travel, a roc flies high overhead, casting its shadow across the group. The gnolls seem worried and order their prisoners to hustle for the remainder of the trip.

Each PC takes 1d6 ⇒ 1 damage and must make a Fortitude DC 16 save or be fatigued.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Perception:

Nilah: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Muddy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Dimak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Jaakko: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Goran: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Perinne: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

With the group hustling, they reach Fort Stonejaws before sunset on the third day. For a moment the thought of rest overrides the dour appearance for some. A wall of ochre bricks bristles at its base with sharp stakes, barring entrance to a deep round hollow in the red rocky cliff. The wall curves at a small watchtower with a leather tent roof. Beyond the wall, the cliff rises over a hundred feet, its lower reaches dotted with shallow caves. If you squint, the jagged rock appears to be fanglike.

As the gates are opened and the group moves inside a gnoll watchman shouts down to Hargru and Vangru.

Gnollish:

"You missed it! Chief finally ran the veiled lady off! We’re gonna celebrate tonight with her best wine!”

Even if you cannot understand the words, the tone is cheerful and one word sounds like wine. Yet the cheerful tone is quickly drowned out by yipping and growling of two hyenas in the courtyard. The group is pushed past them and near a large iron portcullis over over the entrance to the cave. It is attached to a thick rope and winch, a lever nearby likely can slam it shut in a moment's notice.

The freestanding structure is in disrepair but through the barely solid doors you spot hammocks and gnolls lazing about.

Pausing here to let the group roleplay and interact as they see fit.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Now that Dimak managed to capture Gima we should have their trust. We should be able to infiltrate our target successfully if things go as smoothly as now.
While at Fort Stonejaws Jaakko tries his best to conceal his nervousness and appear emotionless.

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Fort 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The halfling wasnt used to running around all crazy, and had a hard time keeping up. She did her usual act, keeping her head down and trying to not draw any attention.

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft
GM Eclipse wrote:
Dimak moves quickly and easily grabs the fleeing Gima, who slumps down and turns to the dwarf with a despondent look. She falls silent and stares ahead confused and waiting for the punishment of the gnolls.

The dwarf whispers in her ear: "I told you - you will be free, but not right now! Be patient!"

---

GM Eclipse wrote:
Each PC takes 1 damage and must make a Fortitude DC 16 save or be fatigued.

Dimak has DR 2/-...does it apply to this damage?

Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Uh...

Having to chase after and capture Gima seems to have taken a number on the quieter than usual dwarf. He seems a bit exhausted (=fatigued) when arriving at Fort Stonejaws.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

if needed, i can cast endure elements on Muddy...not sure if he takes extra damage from the heat...just need to make the change for next day...if yes, assume i cast it on him first thing in the morning...

The march takes its toll on Goran. when the groupd gets to the outpost, he makes sure the others have plenty of water once they are out of the gnolls' sight.

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Fortitude, DC16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Nilah scowls in disgust as they enter the gnoll encampment.

How much longer do we have to deal with these?

Other than that she seems to have arrived in good condition.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

The damage isn't avoidable by normal means and is non-lethal. Also, once removed it will also remove any fatigue. It is related to the exertion in the march rather than the heat specifically. So no extra damage for Muddy.

The group is then lead or dragged inside to an area that appears to be kennels; a stone dais painted with a hyena-like face occupies the center of this round chamber. A wide, eight-foot-high ledge runs around the perimeter of the room with a crude ladder to the east connecting the floor and elevated area. To the south, an iron portcullis hangs over the entrance to the caves. Several shallow caves with wooden gates and floors covered in straw open into this room from the north. A door to the east and a door with a barred grille to the west lead to other parts of the stronghold. A shattered wooden box and several dozen scraps of sodden, torn paper lie scattered across the floor.

"Stuff goes there." Hargur points next to the dais.

"Snack-slaves go there" Vangru adds, point to the east.

"Now we let the boss know but you wait out here. Don't mess anything up!" Hargur adds as they enter the door to the west, shutting it behind them.

Perception:

Nilah: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Muddy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Dimak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Jaakko: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Goran: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Perinne: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Muddy and Goran both spot a horse-sized creature that is similar in appearance to a hyena looming on the ledge above.

Jaako on the other hand notices some odd things about the paper strewn about the floor. What’s most noteworthy are a few surviving signatures, including one by “—orn Desimire,” one by “M. Sloan,” and one from “Jacquo Dals—.”

This is where the party will likely split, slaves going to the quarters and slavers waiting for the time being. I will do each post separately if there are actions just to make it a bit easier to parse.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Slave Quarters: Perrine, Goran, Muddy.

The slave quarters consist of a single long room with several bunk beds against the back wall, a pair of buckets in the corner,
and a heavy wood door that can be barred from outside. A Kelishite man wearing a pale linen scarf about his head and an excessively wide
grin on his face, resides here with two other slaves.

“Welcome! I am Korshad, overseer for our masters. Though I wear a collar, you’ll find it’s best to do as I say! Now, they lock
us in at night when they go hunting, but mostly we have the run of the place, nearly as much liberty as the hyenas. You’ll be trained to be excellent house slaves, then taken back to the ships to be sold to nice noble families. It may seem harsh, but if you take to it, it’s probably a better life than you were used to before. Meanwhile you should get some rest and we can begin your lessons in the morning. As the proverb says, ‘When the day is hottest, even the busy must rest and wait.’

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Earlier, as they trek through the desert...

"Merp. Iss too hot."
Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Thank you for water."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Nilah watches their faux "slaves" being taken away, her nerves activated as the door shuts. She yells after them

Keep the grippli moist or he won't be much use to us!

Here is the moment after which if things go wrong, we could never see them again. Time is of the essence now...

Any observing her notice that she seems more rigid and on edge from this point.

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Perrine was almost overcomeby the heat anyway, so if there was an opportunity to get rest, she was going to take it. The investigation proper could wait until the morning. ”Tell us more about the masters, Korshad. How long have they and you been here?”

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 6, HP 50/52, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, F +7, R +6, W +9, Initiative +1, Perception +7

Goran listens to Korshad as he examines the layout. He cringes inwardly as he mentions being a slave.

perc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

When everyone is asleep, he'll scan for magic auras...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Muddy eyes the large hyena-like creature on the ledge above before being led into the slave quarters.
ooh. Bad doggy. me remember that one.

He hears Nilah call out...

Quote:
"Keep the grippli moist or he won't be much use to us!"

He nods to the slave keepers leading him in.

"Me was fly-eater at public latrine before here. Send me to noble manor with outside latrine with big pond. I eat all flies when people make stinky logs."

Yes! Nilah! She gets it!
He dips to bend his knees in joy, smiling for a moment even though he's in a most despicable situation. His thoughts run through his little swamp-logged brain.
Must think of way to get us all together...

Perrine Ravella wrote:
”Tell us more about the masters, Korshad. How long have they and you been here?”

Muddy acts as if he's itchy again and reaches into the front of his loincloth, ready to pull out his miniature bow (sounds pretty funny, lol)

He's ready to start killing talky-talky humans that believe other living beings are below them.

"Sorry. Lotsa sand. I itchy down there."
He points a webbed finger at his loincloth, trying to send the message to his companions.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇
Perrine Ravella wrote:
Perrine was almost overcomeby the heat anyway, so if there was an opportunity to get rest, she was going to take it. The investigation proper could wait until the morning. ”Tell us more about the masters, Korshad. How long have they and you been here?”

"Well, they listen to me which makes me a master in this area. It is what it is, they don't kill you or hurt you unless you step out of line but if you do then there are plenty of hungry mouths waiting for you. So LISTEN." Korshad responds loudly.

Perception DC 20:

Korshad has a birthmark on his right arm that resembles an angelic ankh.

---

If you pass the Perception check, K. Religion DC 10:

This symbol is of Sarenrae.

---

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome Warpriest 4 | AC 17/12/16 | HP 35/35 | F+6, R+2,W+7 | CMD 15 | Speed 20’ | Init+7, Perception+5, Sense Motive+8 | Lowlight vision.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Muddy is completely oblivious to what's going on around him.

He decides it's best to wait until the door is opened to draw his weapon.

He snaps to attention and listens to what Korshad has to say.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3
GM Eclipse wrote:

Jaako on the other hand notices some odd things about the paper strewn about the floor. What’s most noteworthy are a few surviving signatures, including one by “—orn Desimire,” one by “M. Sloan,” and one from “Jacquo Dals—.”

Jaakko picks up papers and takes hard look, then asks Nilah and Dimak "Do you recognize these names? If I recall correctly they have been mentioned several times in past, but I may not have paid enough attention."

Liberty's Edge

Test Lucky Number: ? Male CN Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 | HP 65/65 (83/83) DR 3/- | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +10, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +3 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/Spell-like Abilities) | Init +5 | Perc +14 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"Well, at least Desimire sounds familiar... wasn't it mentioned in the briefing?"

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Yes, he is right. That one name did come up then. The others... I am not familiar with.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Muddy waits patiently for what Korshad has to say.

"He sure take long time to talk."
Muddy thinks to himself.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Slave Quarters.

Korshad continues to tell them about the upcoming changes to their life.

"Well, tomorrow morning your training begins. The furry boys our there are going to go hunting or whatever they do at night while we take a rest. I imagine you are tired anyways."

He takes a sideway glance at Muddy, "I heard you are a mess cleaner, yeah? That will help but they also make you act proper...noble houses pay more. Anything else?" he asks.

---

Kennel.

The Pathfinders wait for a time, discussing the papers, but the hours begin to pass. Their two handlers return with good news:

"Chief is ready, you can get payment before we go hunting." they say as they lead you further into the fort. Post incoming.

---

So this scenario is extremely sandbox style so what the group decides to do next is up to them. I am adding tokens to the map and we can start to track time a bit. From here on out it is up to you to push it forward and I will give clues and reminders if needed.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

The two gnolls kneel down subserviently as two gnolls exit the door into the kennel, before the group gets too far in.

"These slaves? Oh no these are the ones wanting payment. How do we know your slaves are good?" the large female gnoll growls holding a bag of coins.

"Perhaps they get paid after a day of training?" a cloaked and older female gnoll says up into the ear of the large one.

"Chau will let you stay the night if you wish, then you can be paid when we see how training goes? Tonight we celebrate while. You can rest in the training room." she offers pointing further in.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---
Nilah wrote:
"Keep the grippli moist or he won't be much use to us!"

Muddy tries to come up with a plan to reunite with the rest of his team acting as slavers.

"Can you take me to well of water? Me must stay wet or dry up like raisin."
He asks Korshad, hoping to be led to the area with the others.

@Everyone: I'm trying to come up with a plan. Once we're all together, should we unleash hell? Or continue with the ruse and follow along?

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Paid tomorrow?! Then you'll come up with another story tomorrow! You have the goods now!

For now Nilah is trying to sell her part in the act.

Lie (Bluff): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

If they continue to decline she'll grumble but not press further right now.

Dark Archive

|Negotiations for the Star Gun ◆|↺|◇

Kennel.

"Want me to curse the loud one, Chau." the older gnoll whispers.

"I like this one! Still no payment till tomorrow unless you want to try taking it." the larger one, apparently named Chau laughs. "You can't celebrate with us but you can sleep inside."

Slave Quarters.

"We got water...not much but I can be thirsty if it keeps your skin going. I will ask for more but they lock us in here, even I don't have the key." he replies showing Muddy where they keep some jugs in the corner, making it clear to use a specific pile. "Other pile...you don't want to be pouring on you. We empty those in the morning."

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 6 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 shield), t15, ff18 | F +7 (+1), R +9, W +4 | Perc +10 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +15 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +7 CMD 22 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Muddy doesn't understand for a moment what Korshad means about the other water jugs. Then it kicks in.
"Oh... Ohhh! Eww. Yuck."
He scrunches his face in disgust.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Gunslinger [Myst.Stranger] 5/Oracle 2 hp 32/51 | AC 20/t15/ff16 CMD 22, 23 vs. disarm | Fort 5, Ref 8, Will 6 +1 vs charm,compulsion| Init +6 | Spd 20 ft. (med. load) | Perception +9 | Grit pts 2/3

Jaakko isn't pleased at delay of payment, but doesn't say anything at the moment. He leaves and decides to search the surroundings, but doesn't find much noteworthy stuff.
Should try to find good ambush spots when things eventually go south with gnolls.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Dark Archive

Div-Spawn Eldritch Scion 5 | hp 33 | AC 18 t14 ff14 | F+5 R+5 W+4 | init+4 | Perc+0

Brink us back some drink, hyenas! Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

She twirls her scimitar in an artful fashion, practicing its place in her dervish dance. It's clear what the implication is if her demand isn't met. Her graceful form seems to float about in a confined space as she does the dance, her blade not getting anywhere near a specific individual.

Nilah looks to see who might be planning to go, and who might be staying.

101 to 150 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday XI] GM Eclipse's The Slave Master's Mirror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.