GM Feyrial's Fall of Plaguestone (Private)

Game Master feyrial

Roll20 Link
Portraits and Handouts
Loot Tracker


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,597 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged
Drake McClain wrote:
Deciding to peruse some of Tamil's armor several moments ago, he finally makes his way back to the others. "Hey, Tam...," is all he manages until Niss explodes into a coughing fit. Quickly moving over to her, he pats her on the back. "Drink go down the wrong pipe?" he asks, staring curiously hard at her. "You know, you're looking a little flushed, Niss. I'm guessing that's just from the coughing though," he surmises. "Got to be careful, sweetheart. We have enough stuff in this place trying to kill us." He winks, grinning.

Niss just nods that she's fine, giving a thumbs up as the coughing winds down. "Yep, that's it," she managed hoarsely.


Baradim Walks-The-Earth wrote:

Baradim nods towards Tamli after hearing her words. There was no point in arguing with the woman; he'd have better luck making a stone flee from a glare. He returned her lean though, resting his head against the inside of her arm and taking a deep breath. Tomorrow, the war for this place would continue. For now though, there was peace to be had.

A little grin came to his face as Drake returned clueless of the conversation. Humans were always so shy about what they wanted and what they sought. Perhaps it was the brutality and the relative shortness of his own ilk's lives that spurred him on to be so direct.

Tamli rests a hand on the back of Baradim's head, idly stroking the close-shaved, prickly hairs of his scalp as she watches the two humans. "Ez az ember teljesen megfeledkezett," She says quietly to Baradim, a low laugh rumbling her chest. She takes a large drink of the bottle of wine she had been nursing, then offers the last quarter of the special Elven vintage to Baradim, catching his gaze and raising her eyebrows meaningfully at him. "A sátramhoz jössz? Hiányoztál és a békesség, amit hozol nekem." She moves her hand to the back of his dark green neck and squeezes slightly to punctuate her speech, jerking her head toward her tent.

Orcish:
"That man is oblivious," and then "Come to my tent? I've missed you and the peace you bring me."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged

Seeing Baradim and Tamli go off to.... sleep... Niss takes Drake by the hand and smiles, earlier embarrassment forgotten. "We should rest, too. You're the outdoorsy one, pick us a good spot?"

Wherever it happened to be, she was eager to curl up beside him. The familiar territory of the caravan, surrounded by allies, put her at ease after the days spent in the blight. But she did not for a moment forget the collar that had found its way to their bed. Whoever had delivered it was likely still around, and she found solace from her worries with his arms around her.

-------

A whole day without violence and two solid nights of rest did her wonders, though she longed for a bath. Niss wondered if she could ever think of baths again without immediately looking at Drake with a mild blush. Not so far, no

She'd discarded the burnt dress for her last whole one. She vowed to herself that nothing short of a life or death situation would ruin this one. It was getting ridiculous.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Orc Lost & Alone Fighter 4 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 22/24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +9 | Per: +9 | Initiative: +0 | Movement: 25 l Hero Points: 3 | Class DC: 20 | Condition: None| Explore Activity: Scout

Baradim let out a dry laugh with Tamli, watching the two of them with a humorous smirk. The half-orc's rough hand felt delightful on his neck. When her grip tightened, there was a low rumble from his chest as he gave her a slight glare. Taking the elven vintage, Baradim would drink deeply and finish off the last bit before wiping his face with his sleeve.

"Engedj el minket." He would rise upwards now, tossing the empty glass to the side before looking at the others. "Rest well. Tomorrow, our hunt continues." Tamli would be pulled by his side as he sauntered over towards her tent off on the side of the campfire. His shield and sword were left nearby as he crawled inside after the woman. There was a crack of his hand on a backside as she went in, soon after followed by a crack of a palm across a face. A wider, tusky grin spread across his face as he moved in after her.

Orcish:
"Let us go."


M Human Ranger 4
Stats:
Hp's: 56/56; AC: 21; Fort: +9/Ref: +11/Will: +9; Perception: +9; 30' speed; Class DC 19; Hero points: 3/3
Exploration action: Scout
Inniska Tzak wrote:

Seeing Baradim and Tamli go off to.... sleep... Niss takes Drake by the hand and smiles, earlier embarrassment forgotten. "We should rest, too. You're the outdoorsy one, pick us a good spot?"

Wherever it happened to be, she was eager to curl up beside him. The familiar territory of the caravan, surrounded by allies, put her at ease after the days spent in the blight. But she did not for a moment forget the collar that had found its way to their bed. Whoever had delivered it was likely still around, and she found solace from her worries with his arms around her.

Smiling, "Sure. C'mon." Taking her by the hand, he leads her to the most perfect spot. (Because I said so, bruh! That's how I know!) ;)

When they finally get settled, Niss with her back to him and Drake right up against her with his arm snugly around her, manage to sleep quite comfortably through the night.


NG Male Automaton Saboteur Investigator 4 | ♥️ 44 | AC 20 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +9 | Perception +9 (low light) | Speed: 30 (35) | Class DC 20, Spell DC 20 | ☘️ 2 | Conditions: |

The next morning, Finoan meets up with everyone as they are waking up. "Well, if new people are going to show up in town, they are almost sure to be at the Feedmill. Since there really isn't anywhere else for them to go."

"So shall we go see who it is?"

Fin heads over to the Feedmill and finds a quiet section of the main room to sit in.


Finoan wrote:

The next morning, Finoan meets up with everyone as they are waking up. "Well, if new people are going to show up in town, they are almost sure to be at the Feedmill. Since there really isn't anywhere else for them to go."

"So shall we go see who it is?"

Fin heads over to the Feedmill and finds a quiet section of the main room to sit in.

The Princess Guard, including Tamli, are able to snag their usual table at The Feedmill in a quieter section. The Feedmill itself is a bit busy - new faces at the tables, presumably from the visiting merchant caravan that the town seems to be abuzz over.

While it hadn't been long since Bort's caravan had showed up and caused such a fuss, these were shiny, new faces in town - this new caravan hadn't passed through this way before, you could overhear some folks saying.

The caravaners seem to be a motley crew of folks from different races and backgrounds, but the most prominent of the bunch is a large, muscular man with a sword strapped to his waist, covered head to toe in leathers. He is sitting back, watching the rest of his table socialize with a bemused expression, arms crossed over his chest pensively.

Delma approaches you all, laden with trays of steaming turnip porridge and other breakfast goods--your usual orders, as she's come to know you all well enough. Noala slides into a seat along with you all, holding a mug of something steaming, and grabs at a pastry.

"Have a good night back?" She asks, taking a large bite of the jelly-filled treat.


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged

New faces set Niss a bit on edge, but she schools her features to appear at ease and happy, as if her guard is down. She tries to keep a surreptitious eye on whether anyone is paying undue amounts of attention to her, but she doesn't want to be caught staring at any of them, so she only sneaks an occasional peek, and all seems ordinary.

"Certainly better than the previous nights' arrangements," she answered Noala with a smile. "I think I can almost forget how bad that place smelled."

deception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


M Human Ranger 4
Stats:
Hp's: 56/56; AC: 21; Fort: +9/Ref: +11/Will: +9; Perception: +9; 30' speed; Class DC 19; Hero points: 3/3
Exploration action: Scout

With all the new faces, Drake appears uncomfortable as he takes note of the large fellow. Smiling at Noala, "Yes, yes we did, Noala, thanks for asking." Leaning in close to Niss while nonchalantly blocking his mouth with his hand, "Do any of these people look familiar to you, Niss? What about that big guy?" He asks as he scans the place, wondering who might pose a threat to Inniska.


Tamli glanced at Niss for just a moment but didn't say anything. She had no reason to question the woman's deception.

Noala smiles at them, nodding along. "Oh, yeah. It was nice to have a bath last night."

From the other table with the caravaners, they hear a loud, barking laugh from the mouth of a large half-orc who claps a chuckling dwarven man on the back. It was quite early for people to be so loud--even some of the townsfolk were giving the caravaners sideways glances.

Eventually, Delma makes her way over to the group again, resting a hand on Noala's shoulder. "So, what's next? Noala mentioned that it seemed like there was more to come."


NG Male Automaton Saboteur Investigator 4 | ♥️ 44 | AC 20 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +9 | Perception +9 (low light) | Speed: 30 (35) | Class DC 20, Spell DC 20 | ☘️ 2 | Conditions: |
GM Feyrial wrote:
"So, what's next? Noala mentioned that it seemed like there was more to come."

"We do have a new lead that we need to go follow up on. Though since we are here anyway, we might check out the new visitors too. Do you know anything about them?"


Male LN Orc Lost & Alone Fighter 4 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 22/24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +9 | Per: +9 | Initiative: +0 | Movement: 25 l Hero Points: 3 | Class DC: 20 | Condition: None| Explore Activity: Scout

Baradim sat in the Feedmill and, just like the first day that they were there, does nothing but stare at the biggest new arrival there. There were merchants aplenty now and the gold that they had could be put to good use possibly. He needed better equipment and he certainly needed to find a shield that would hopefully stop breaking. Eating a hearty breakfast before looking at the others, he would grunt and shake his head.

"No, I do not. Let me ask." The orc said, rising from his seat and wiping the crumbs from his lip. He would make his way over to the new people, eyeing the large and armored man for a second before looking towards the others. "Greetings. I hope you arrived here safely. Many dangers on the road these past few days."

"Less now." Baradim thought with some satisfaction. He looked over the newcomers with a careful eye; any of them could be a danger to Inniska and Drake's happiness. He would break every one of them here rather than let his little tribe break apart.

"Tribe?" Baradim thought for a moment. It was...a pleasing thought. The smile in his mind did not reach his face.


The large human man leans back in his chair a tad, regarding Baradim with critical brown eyes before breaking into a grin, standing, and holding out a hand to the orc. "Aye, nothing we couldn't handle. Some weird plants out here, eh? Lucky we had torches. You from here?" He glances back at his crew: the half-orc and dwarf who had been laughing earlier, an elven woman, two human women, and another, smaller human man. They all pause a moment to glance over at the orc but resume talking and joking amongst themselves just as quickly, albeit a tad quieter than before.


M Human Ranger 4
Stats:
Hp's: 56/56; AC: 21; Fort: +9/Ref: +11/Will: +9; Perception: +9; 30' speed; Class DC 19; Hero points: 3/3
Exploration action: Scout

Drake narrows his eyes, trying to make out the loud newcomers but is unable to. Turning back to the others, he listens in on the conversation, hoping Delma may know something. There are so many people here. Any ONE of them, or twelve, could be coming for Niss. We've got to get her out of here. I don't like it. I just don't like it. The ranger's trepidation is blatantly obvious as he continues to keep his eyes moving, his concern for Niss at epic levels.


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged
Drake McClain wrote:
With all the new faces, Drake appears uncomfortable as he takes note of the large fellow. Smiling at Noala, "Yes, yes we did, Noala, thanks for asking." Leaning in close to Niss while nonchalantly blocking his mouth with his hand, "Do any of these people look familiar to you, Niss? What about that big guy?" He asks as he scans the place, wondering who might pose a threat to Inniska.

Niss pretends to laugh as if Drake said something amusing. "I don't... But I'm so nervous I feel like I could jump out of my skin. I think half of what I'm feeling is yours. We need to keep calm.". She squeezed his leg under the table as she sent the mental message.


M Human Ranger 4
Stats:
Hp's: 56/56; AC: 21; Fort: +9/Ref: +11/Will: +9; Perception: +9; 30' speed; Class DC 19; Hero points: 3/3
Exploration action: Scout

Continuing to look around, he quickly cuts his attention to Niss as soon as he feels her touch and hears her in his mind. Taking a deep breath through the nose, "I'm trying, Niss, I really am but it's hard to keep calm. I don't like all these newcomers. Half of them could be after you. Heck, whoever Baradim is talking to could be working for that demonic lady. It feels like we're surrounded by everybody. There's no way I'm letting them take you, Niss. There's no way in hell I'm going to let them do that," he vows. "Even if I have to fight them all." Even with all of his ridiculous talk of fighting everyone, it is obvious the ranger prefers strongly to leave.


NG Male Automaton Saboteur Investigator 4 | ♥️ 44 | AC 20 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +9 | Perception +9 (low light) | Speed: 30 (35) | Class DC 20, Spell DC 20 | ☘️ 2 | Conditions: |

Finoan hears the big guy mention strange plants and comes over to talk to him as well.

"You ran into those too? We have actually seen a couple of similar varieties. Not sure where they came from, but they do indeed burn fairly well."

He takes a good look at the man and how he behaves.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

"We are with another caravan, just passing through. Ran into a bit of a snag and had to stop here for a bit longer than planned. How about you. Where are you headed to?"


Male LN Orc Lost & Alone Fighter 4 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 22/24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +9 | Per: +9 | Initiative: +0 | Movement: 25 l Hero Points: 3 | Class DC: 20 | Condition: None| Explore Activity: Scout

Baradim regards the man's hand for a second, just long enough for the conversation to lull before he reaches out and grasps the man by the forearm. He gives it a firm shake, nodding slightly as he does.

"Well met. I am Baradim Walks-The-Earth. This one..." Baradim gestures to the strange, metallic automaton beside him. "...is Finoan. He speaks true, we were with another caravan and then things got complicated." Baradim leaves it at that, looking at the others gathered behind him. "Do you have things to sell? Weapons and armor, perhaps? We've taken up adventuring as a side career."


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged
Drake McClain wrote:
Continuing to look around, he quickly cuts his attention to Niss as soon as he feels her touch and hears her in his mind. Taking a deep breath through the nose, "I'm trying, Niss, I really am but it's hard to keep calm. I don't like all these newcomers. Half of them could be after you. Heck, whoever Baradim is talking to could be working for that demonic lady. It feels like we're surrounded by everybody. There's no way I'm letting them take you, Niss. There's no way in hell I'm going to let them do that," he vows. "Even if I have to fight them all." Even with all of his ridiculous talk of fighting everyone, it is obvious the ranger prefers strongly to leave.

Her smile became much more genuine and she planted a little affectionate kiss on his cheek. She ate a pastry as she pondered for a moment. "Fin," she sent her small friend, "Drake is agitated and I'm all nerves. I'm going to feign going for a walk with him, but we'll just slip behind the Feedmill, or into the stables. See if any of them leave to follow us? And I'll check in every few minutes? Unless you think it's a terrible idea..."

If thier resident strategist agreed, she'd fill Drake and Baradim in mentally, then suggest a walk out loud and take Drake by the hand and head for the door, just a pair of lovers going for a private stroll.


NG Male Automaton Saboteur Investigator 4 | ♥️ 44 | AC 20 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +9 | Perception +9 (low light) | Speed: 30 (35) | Class DC 20, Spell DC 20 | ☘️ 2 | Conditions: |

Without so much as twitching a whisker to give away his thoughts, Finoan replies, "That sounds like an excellent idea. Close enough to call for help, but alone enough to be a lure."


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged

After mentally telling the others the plan she slipped her hand into Drake's. "If you'll pardon us Noala, I'm going to borrow Drake for a bit. Care to go for a walk, love? I've missed having time to ourselves."

She playfully pulled him up from his seat and headed for the door.

deception to seem oblivious: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Finoan wrote:

Finoan hears the big guy mention strange plants and comes over to talk to him as well.

"You ran into those too? We have actually seen a couple of similar varieties. Not sure where they came from, but they do indeed burn fairly well."

He takes a good look at the man and how he behaves.

"We are with another caravan, just passing through. Ran into a bit of a snag and had to stop here for a bit longer than planned. How about you. Where are you headed to?"

Baradim Walks-The-Earth wrote:

Baradim regards the man's hand for a second, just long enough for the conversation to lull before he reaches out and grasps the man by the forearm. He gives it a firm shake, nodding slightly as he does.

"Well met. I am Baradim Walks-The-Earth. This one..." Baradim gestures to the strange, metallic automaton beside him. "...is Finoan. He speaks true, we were with another caravan and then things got complicated." Baradim leaves it at that, looking at the others gathered behind him. "Do you have things to sell? Weapons and armor, perhaps? We've taken up adventuring as a side career."

"Gil Sternpike. Nice to meet you. Aye, we ran into those strange plants. A snag, eh? Anything we should worry about?" He nods to Finoan, eyebrows furrowing in genuine concern.

"In any case, we're a new venture out of Elidir, headed to Almas and then beyond. We're looking to make our way to that region and stay there rather than come back around like most caravans." Gil puts his hands on his hips as he answers. "Oh yes, we do have some things to sell. Many things that might appeal to warriors like yourselves."

Gil turns around and gestures to his crew, pointing at the half-orc, the elven woman, and the dwarf in particular. "Durgan, Calara, Drelm - time to earn your pay. Take the rest of the crew and get the caravan opened up for business. Off the square, as Miss Delma told us about." The three nod and wait for the others to go ahead before following them all out of the Inn.

"Give us an hour or so and we'll have things ready to go," Gil says, pausing a moment to allow for any more conversation.

--- Outside ---

Drake and Niss can see the trio accompanying the caravaners head toward the stables to begin moving the wagons, presumably to set up their stalls in the market. Calara, the elven woman, seems to be the ringleader of the three - she glances about, taking note of Niss and Drake as she strides past, one delicate eyebrow quirking at the sight of the two lovebirds. The other two glance at the couple as well.

DC 22 Perception:
The elven woman's eyes seem to linger on Drake and then narrow with suspicion before her expression returns to normal and she quickens her pace to match pace with her companions.


NG Male Automaton Saboteur Investigator 4 | ♥️ 44 | AC 20 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +9 | Perception +9 (low light) | Speed: 30 (35) | Class DC 20, Spell DC 20 | ☘️ 2 | Conditions: |
GM Feyrial wrote:
"A snag, eh? Anything we should worry about?" He nods to Finoan, eyebrows furrowing in genuine concern.

"Hopefully not. And since it is probably still the gossip of the town there is no point in hiding it. Our caravan leader died under suspicious circumstances. We have been dealing with the fallout of that for several days now."


Gil furrows his thick brows in worry, scratching at his chin in thought. "Hmmm. I had heard this region was troubled, but I didn't know murder was afoot. We only arrived early this morning." The man shakes his head, heaving a sigh. "Seem like some kind of murderer is about, or more of a one-time thing?"


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Niss noted the look and smiled at Drake, pulling him around the side of the building and into an embrace, pretending to be oblivious and twitterpated. With her mouth near his ear, she whispered. "I could be wrong...but that woman seemed to notice you, not me. I don't like the look she gave you."


M Human Ranger 4
Stats:
Hp's: 56/56; AC: 21; Fort: +9/Ref: +11/Will: +9; Perception: +9; 30' speed; Class DC 19; Hero points: 3/3
Exploration action: Scout

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Inniska Tzak wrote:

After mentally telling the others the plan she slipped her hand into Drake's. "If you'll pardon us Noala, I'm going to borrow Drake for a bit. Care to go for a walk, love? I've missed having time to ourselves."

She playfully pulled him up from his seat and headed for the door.

With a look of utter relief, Drake smiles. "Absolutely, sweetheart. I'd love to." Intertwining his fingers with hers, he eagerly goes on that walk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inniska Tzak wrote:
Niss noted the look and smiled at Drake, pulling him around the side of the building and into an embrace, pretending to be oblivious and twitterpated. With her mouth near his ear, she whispered. "I could be wrong...but that woman seemed to notice you, not me. I don't like the look she gave you."

With his hands upon her hips as she whispers to him, he leans back out sporting a very perplexed look but keeps a smile intact... as best as he can anyway. Talking through his teeth, "What?! I don't think so, Niss. That doesn't even make sense. I'm fairly certain she was taking notice of you. Are you absolutely sure? Maybe you just didn't see it correctly. I didn't notice anything so I can't say yea or nay. But they are quite a distance away so it's possible you may have just misread her? Perhaps?" Tilting his head back slightly as he gives a fictitious chuckle, he continues the charade by pushing a loose strand of Niss's hair back behind her ear. "Did you get a count of how many were with her?" he asks, grinning like a schoolboy who just got a 'yes' from the girl he asked to the prom.


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged

"Just the three of them. It might have been me... But it looked more like you." She kissed the side of his neck. "Should I tell the others? I don't want to start trouble over a look..."


---- Drake & Niss ----

After a few moments, the elven woman strides past the couple--this time, she blatantly stares, her gaze falling on Drake with a quirked eyebrow. She smirks slightly and then slips into the stables, intent on...something.

Perception DC 22:
A moment after the elven woman enters the stables, a muffled yelp of fear can be heard - Erda.


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Niss looks at Drake, worry etched on her features. "I told you. Something's weird about her. Right? An I imagining it?"


M Human Ranger 4
Stats:
Hp's: 56/56; AC: 21; Fort: +9/Ref: +11/Will: +9; Perception: +9; 30' speed; Class DC 19; Hero points: 3/3
Exploration action: Scout

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Inniska Tzak wrote:
"Just the three of them. It might have been me... But it looked more like you." She kissed the side of his neck. "Should I tell the others? I don't want to start trouble over a look..."

"I don't know. Maybe we should...," he pauses as the elf brazenly walks right by them, staring right at him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM Feyrial wrote:

---- Drake & Niss ----

After a few moments, the elven woman strides past the couple--this time, she blatantly stares, her gaze falling on Drake with a quirked eyebrow. She smirks slightly and then slips into the stables, intent on...something.

Watching her walk into the stables, Drake looks back to Niss with a serious look of confusion.

Inniska Tzak wrote:
Niss looks at Drake, worry etched on her features. "I told you. Something's weird about her. Right? Am I imagining it?"

Just as he's about to respond, he hears a muffled cry and his attention quickly snaps back toward the stables. "Yes, Niss, tell the others! Quickly!" Drake takes off, assuming the worst but not really understanding why, and busts through the doors of the stables. "Erda? Are you all right?" he asks, his eyes cutting from her to the elf and back again before finally resting on the elven woman.


Male LN Orc Lost & Alone Fighter 4 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 22/24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +9 | Per: +9 | Initiative: +0 | Movement: 25 l Hero Points: 3 | Class DC: 20 | Condition: None| Explore Activity: Scout

"It seems that a wave of ill fate has spread since Lastwall fell." Baradim says, folding his arms. "Someone has a vendetta against this town. We're dealing with them and their associates." The orc says shortly, letting the tall and well-built man assume whatever he wanted from that.

"Your shop will be a boon, we have things to sell and goods to buy. Thank you, Gil." The thought of Lastwall reminds the orc; his eyes searching the tavern for the lost knight that had wandered here.


Drake McClain wrote:
Just as he's about to respond, he hears a muffled cry and his attention quickly snaps back toward the stables. "Yes, Niss, tell the others! Quickly!" Drake takes off, assuming the worst but not really understanding why, and busts through the doors of the stables. "Erda? Are you all right?" he asks, his eyes cutting from her to the elf and back again before finally resting on the elven woman.

The elven woman has a quietly sobbing Erda by the hair, a knife to her throat. The door closes shut behind Drake, the half-orc and the dwarf from earlier standing behind Drake.

Grapple vs. Fort DC 18: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

The half-orc grabs Drake, yanking him back and clapping a large hand over his mouth, nodding at the dwarf. The dwarf grabs Drake's wrists and slaps a pair of manacles around them. The pair head toward the back door of the stables, dragging Drake along with them, the half-orc's massive hand still covering Drake's mouth.

The elven woman looks down at Erda, yanking her head back. "You have no idea where we went, little one. Understood?" Erda's eyes sparkle with tears and terror, and she nods frantically. Calara snorts and moves the knife away from Erda's throat, then flips the dagger over in her hand and bashes Erda on the temple, knocking the halfling out. She lays the stablehand down to muffle any sound and then walks out of the back door with the other two.

Drake can attempt to escape from the manacles by rolling two DC 25 Athletics checks. If you roll a failure, your captors have a chance to react.


M Human Ranger 4
Stats:
Hp's: 56/56; AC: 21; Fort: +9/Ref: +11/Will: +9; Perception: +9; 30' speed; Class DC 19; Hero points: 3/3
Exploration action: Scout

Finding himself STUNNED by the sudden turn of events, Drake is just about to holler for help but never gets the chance as he finds his mouth instantly covered by a massive hand and all he gets out is, "MmmMmmmMMmmmMmMMMMmmMmmmMmm!!!"

The next thing he knows, his hands are being secured behind him and he instantly fights to break free...

Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

2 hero points. Is that legal to use 2 in one go? If not, then just disregard it.

Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 OH MAN!!! Dang.

...but just isn't able to. "Niss!!! Can you hear me, Niss?! Of course she can't! Doesn't work like that, stupid! Why DOESN'T it work like that?! Gods that would be handy right now!!!" Drake tries to project his thoughts to Niss but knows full well that it is completely and utterly futile.

Never feeling more helpless, Drake resorts to his last line of defense. He tries to bite the half-orc's hand.

Bite attack!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Lol!
Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged

Drake yells at her to tell the others, and she's about to, when the door slams shut behind him. Despite her prolific use of the spell, it takes a few seconds to cast, and her first instinct is instead to run after him.

"Drake!"

She draws back her fist and slams forward a ram of force ahead of it, like a battering ram against the wood, but the structure holds. She casts it a second time, channeling the sudden spike of fear into a powerful blow, but the doors are barred by something and she can't break them open.

Her brain catches up to her panic but she still prioritizes poorly. "Drake!? What's happening?! I can't get in..."

The back entrance...

She rushes around the building, finally calling for help, sending the panicked message to Baradim seconds before Fin. "They have Drake! The stables, help, please!"

Boxes and barrels block her path and slow her down, and she doesn't want to simply blast them aside. She's weakening herself ramming into objects, and Erda or Drake may need healing. She scrambles over the obstacles instead, a cold pit in her stomach. Why him? All this time I was worried about myself...


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged

She recalls the woman's face. "If you hurt him I swear to whatever god you hold dear, I will tear you apart. The pieces will be so small people won't even know you were a humanoid.". Her terror comes through in her message somewhat, taking some of the bite out of the threat.

intimidation: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Drake's teeth sink into the meaty part of Drelm's palm, causing the half-orc to hiss with pain. "Augh, Calara, the little f~!!er bit me!" He grumbles, tightening his grip uncomfortably over the ranger's face. "Try it again and I'll break your jaw, little man," the half-orc growls, ignoring Durgan's low chuckle at his misfortune.

Niss's message speaks into the elven woman's mind, causing her to jump slightly with surprise. Her eyes narrow slightly, mulling the contents over briefly before looking back at her companions and shaking her head with annoyance. "Target's girlfriend can talk into people's heads. Get your potions out," Calara says, pulling out a flask and downing the potion. After a brief moment, her form flickers out of existence. "Well, go on then!" She can be heard to say, impatiently. Durgan uncorks two flasks and hands one to Drelm, who attempts to wrench Drake's mouth open and force-feed it to him.

Force feed, Athletics vs. Fort DC 18: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Lol!

Drake's constant struggling in Drelm's grip makes it difficult for the half-orc to hold on and make the ranger drink--Drelm ends up cursing and accidentally pouring half the potion over the ranger's face instead. Calara can be heard to sigh with exasperation, and Durgan quaffs his potion and goes invisible. Only Drelm and Drake can be seen when any of you make it out of the stables.

Drake, since he messed up, you have another chance to escape, DC lowered. Succeed in one DC 20 Athletics check to escape from his grip.

At this point, once Niss, Fin, and Baradim make it through the stables, they can see Calara and Durgan go invisible and Drake's escape attempt. If you stop to check on Erda, it will make you miss seeing all of this go down.

Once Drake attempts escape, you all have a chance to complete one round of actions against your foes. You will not be able to see Calara or Durgan, but if you succeed in a DC 10 flat check this round, you can attempt to hit at the space where you remember seeing them. Drelm is visible. They are within one stride action's worth of movement for all of you. We're going to theater of the mind this one--I don't have a map for this area, lol. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything!


NG Male Automaton Saboteur Investigator 4 | ♥️ 44 | AC 20 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +9 | Perception +9 (low light) | Speed: 30 (35) | Class DC 20, Spell DC 20 | ☘️ 2 | Conditions: |
Inniska Tzak wrote:
She rushes around the building, finally calling for help, sending the panicked message to Baradim seconds before Fin. "They have Drake! The stables, help, please!"

Finoan's ears flatten back and he glares quickly around the room. He makes note of the staff of the Feedmill, the townsfolk regulars, the caravan owner he is talking to, the remaining members of the caravan crew, and the absent members of the caravan crew. "I'll be back shortly," he growls at Gil.

He races out the door of the Feedmill, calling out to Delma as he leaves, "Delma, be wary. There is treachery afoot... again."

Outside, Finoan sprints across to the stables. His claws tearing gouges in the sod and dirt as he runs. He notices the battered, but still closed, main doors of the stables and hears Inniska going through the back door. He changes course to join with her.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

He slows down a bit as he scrambles across some of the crates. Inside he takes a quick look around and sees Erda on the ground.
◇Expeditious Inspection: Seek(Medicine): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Fin pauses briefly to look at Erda. "Still breathing, and not bleeding out."

"Morning Niss. Seems like we will be killing some things today after all."

He turns his attention back to the far end of the stables and quickly heads that direction.


M Human Ranger 4
Stats:
Hp's: 56/56; AC: 21; Fort: +9/Ref: +11/Will: +9; Perception: +9; 30' speed; Class DC 19; Hero points: 3/3
Exploration action: Scout
GM Feyrial wrote:
Drake's teeth sink into the meaty part of Drelm's palm, causing the half-orc to hiss with pain. "Augh, Calara, the little f&&!er bit me!" He grumbles, tightening his grip uncomfortably over the ranger's face. "Try it again and I'll break your jaw, little man," the half-orc growls, ignoring Durgan's low chuckle at his misfortune.

Drake smiles underneath the hand of the angry half-orc. "MmmmMM mmmm mmmm." He mocks.

GM Feyrial wrote:
Niss's message speaks into the elven woman's mind, causing her to jump slightly with surprise. Her eyes narrow slightly, mulling the contents over briefly before looking back at her companions and shaking her head with annoyance. "Target's girlfriend can talk into people's heads. Get your potions out," Calara says, pulling out a flask and downing the potion.

With an inquisitive look, Target? What?! Oh, I get it now. Attack those she loves. Damn. This is my fault.

GM Feyrial wrote:
After a brief moment, her form flickers out of existence. "Well, go on then!" She can be heard to say, impatiently. Durgan uncorks two flasks and hands one to Drelm, who attempts to wrench Drake's mouth open and force-feed it to him. Drake's constant struggling in Drelm's grip makes it difficult for the half-orc to hold on and make the ranger drink--Drelm ends up cursing and accidentally pouring half the potion over the ranger's face instead. Calara can be heard to sigh with exasperation, and Durgan quaffs his potion and goes invisible. Only Drelm and Drake can be seen when any of you make it out of the stables.

When they try to force the potion down his throat, Drake shakes his head vigorously in an attempt to avoid it, and amazingly enough, only manages to get his face washed and suffer a little bit of choking.

Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Athletics(Last Hero Point): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Coughing out what little potion made its way into his mouth, "Kidnapping me is not going to change anything, jerks! I don't care what you do to me, she is NOT going back to Paulina. That'll be over my dead body. For your sake, you better hope she doesn't find us. Her and my friends. Well, maybe calling them my 'friends' is a stretch. I think they tolerate me mostly but they LOVE her and she loves me. You don't want to piss her off. When she shows, because if I know my girl she will show, don't say I didn't warn you."


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged

Niss is ahead of Fin and entirely too focused on Drake to check on Erda. She hears Fin behind her, and she's grateful for the backup. She gets to within 60 feet of Drelm and Drake, she reaches out and jerks her hand back towards herself, trying to trip Drelm from afar.

Telekinetic Maneuver vs Reflex DC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Telekinetic Maneuver vs Reflex DC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Hero point even though it probably still isn't good enough.

She's used all her spell slots, twice on ram at 1st level, now her 2nd level one. We get 1 hero point a day? I was out on the day of all the fighting, then we traveled a day, then today happened, so I think I have 1/3 then.

"Let him go!"


NG Male Automaton Saboteur Investigator 4 | ♥️ 44 | AC 20 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +9 | Perception +9 (low light) | Speed: 30 (35) | Class DC 20, Spell DC 20 | ☘️ 2 | Conditions: |

Finoan comes up to stand beside Inniska - just in time to see two of the hostiles vanish from view. "Oh wonderful. I hate fighting invisible opponents."

Fin throws fire at the one that he can see.
Produce Flame: Range 30 ft. Target 1 creature. Melee or ranged spell attack against target's AC. Critical success gives double damage and 1d4 persistent damage.
Spell Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage (fire): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Then he casts Shield and prepares for the enemies to counterattack or try to run past him.

Spells:

Cantrips
◆ Shield
◆◆ Produce Flame


Reflex DC is 18 :( lol. And yes, you gain only 1/night

Drelm holds his ground, dodging out of the way of the flame attack, and looks down at the ranger with confusion. "The hell are you on about? Paulina? We're here for you, little man. Made a lady real mad back in Elidir."

Just givin' Baradim some time to do stuff!


M Human Ranger 4
Stats:
Hp's: 56/56; AC: 21; Fort: +9/Ref: +11/Will: +9; Perception: +9; 30' speed; Class DC 19; Hero points: 3/3
Exploration action: Scout

Hearing Niss call out, the ranger grins and looks calmly at Drelm. "Remember, I warned you."

GM Feyrial wrote:
Drelm holds his ground, dodging out of the way of the flame attack, and looks down at the ranger with confusion. "The hell are you on about? Paulina? We're here for you, little man. Made a lady real mad back in Elidir."

Looking as if he just walked into a temple and a local priest welcomed him by punching him square in the mouth, "WHAT?! Elidir?! What the hell are you..." His eyes then go wide as it ALL becomes clear. Looking to Drelm with his mouth agape as he finds himself in complete shock, "LYDIA?!?! Are you SERIOUS?! Do you even realize how... twisted that is?! By the gods, I can't believe this is happening. We DO NOT need this crap right now." The dejected look upon the ranger's visage speaks volumes as he shakes his head in frustration. "Oh gods, this is the worst timing of all time. Gods I absolutely hate this town."


Male LN Orc Lost & Alone Fighter 4 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 22/24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +9 | Per: +9 | Initiative: +0 | Movement: 25 l Hero Points: 3 | Class DC: 20 | Condition: None| Explore Activity: Scout

The mental message reaches Baradim and his complexion changes into one of quiet rage as he turns on his heels and follows Finoan out the Feedmill and through the stable. The automaton clears Erda's condition and Baradim nods, knowing that speed is what is needed at the moment. Stepping out as Finoan casts the fireball, the scowl on his face deepens as he draws his blade and shields off of his back.

"You should let go of the man. Now." Baradim growls, marching at first before he begins to move at a quicker pace. He lowers his shoulder and collides with the half-orc, trying to shove him away from Drake.

Athletics v.s. Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Gross. Hero Pointing.
Athletics v.s. Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

He would follow after the man whether he knocked him back or now, switching his blade around into a reverse grip.

"Where are the others that went with you? If they care for your life, they'll surrender now!" Baradim barks out, aiming the clock the man with a non-lethal strike. There were answers to be had.

Strike: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 2 = 17Damage (Non-Lethal): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Vitals - 45/45 HP; AC 20
Actions - Stride. Shove. Strike.
Reaction - Raise Shield If Attacked First. Attack of Opportunity If Provoked

Baradim HATES IT When People Move:
Opportunist: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 2 = 24Damage (Non-Lethal): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Drelm stumbles, releasing Drake with an exasperated huff and falling to the ground with an undignified huff (although the ranger is still in manacles...). He manages to dodge out of the way of the incoming strike, swatting the blade out of the way at the last moment. "Oy, I don't know where they went off to. Downed their potions and probably ran off." The half-orc looked irritated at being abandoned and entirely unwilling to fight with the formidable orcish man towering above him.

You all can hear footsteps running away from the alley, but can't see much other than dust and footprints swerving around a corner and toward the Dead Houses.


NG Male Automaton Saboteur Investigator 4 | ♥️ 44 | AC 20 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +9 | Perception +9 (low light) | Speed: 30 (35) | Class DC 20, Spell DC 20 | ☘️ 2 | Conditions: |

Hearing the invisible footsteps fleeing, Fin grumbles a bit. "I could chase them down easily enough, but I don't like my odds fighting both of them alone. But that is what tracking is for."


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged

Niss ignores the man on the ground and races to Drake, throwing her arms around him even though he can't return the gesture. "Are you okay?"


Male LN Orc Lost & Alone Fighter 4 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 22/24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +9 | Per: +9 | Initiative: +0 | Movement: 25 l Hero Points: 3 | Class DC: 20 | Condition: None| Explore Activity: Scout

The blade gets swatted away and Baradim returns it to the man's throat just as fast, watching him with a low and rumbling growl. He doesn't try to hurt him anymore, now that he has surrendered, but the half-orc can see the violently hopeful look in his eyes.

"Assault. Attempted kidnapping. This town is small but it does not lack a jail. A judge is coming to town soon as well; we'll see what price you pay for your actions." Baradim threatens. His head nods at Finoan's words though he never looks away from the prone would-be kidnapper.


NG Male Automaton Saboteur Investigator 4 | ♥️ 44 | AC 20 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +9 | Perception +9 (low light) | Speed: 30 (35) | Class DC 20, Spell DC 20 | ☘️ 2 | Conditions: |
Drake McClain wrote:
"LYDIA?!?! Are you SERIOUS?! Do you even realize how... twisted that is?!"

Finoan digs around in his gear for a bit and pulls out a lock pick and starts working on the manacles.

Thievery (trained): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Depending on the lock, that may work, may partially work, or may not work at all.

"Well Drake, that is certainly fascinating. Once we get this buffoon set up in his new accommodations in town, you will have to tell us all about Lydia. Apparently it is something that we need to know about."


NG female human psychic 4 HP: 40/40 | AC 17| F+7, R+7, W+9 | Perc +7 (init +9) Speed 25 | Class/Spell DC 20| Active Conditions: none | Hero Points: 3/3 | Lvl 1 Spell Slots: 2/2, Lvl 2 Spell Slots 2/2| Focus Points 2/2 | Wand: Charged

Lydia. Niss knew. Drake hasn't seen overly concerned about the woman. It seemed he had angered her more than he thought.

Niss frowned with concern, but left the story for Drake to tell. She blinked suddenly. "Erda!"

She hurried to the halfling's side. "Fin, can you help her? I don't have the strength to heal her just now."


NG Male Automaton Saboteur Investigator 4 | ♥️ 44 | AC 20 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +9 | Perception +9 (low light) | Speed: 30 (35) | Class DC 20, Spell DC 20 | ☘️ 2 | Conditions: |

Finoan follows Niss over to Erda. He gives her a more complete inspection to see what happened to the unfortunate stablehand.
Medicine: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"She got clocked pretty good. But she should come around here in a minute or three." He rummages through his supplies and finds a bit of gauze and a scarf to tend the abrasion on her temple.
Treat Wounds DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Medicine Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Medicine Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,597 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Feyrial's Fall of Plaguestone (Closed Recruitment) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.