GM Nomadical's Shades of Spite (Inactive)

Game Master Nomadical

Shades of Spite slides 


151 to 184 of 184 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LN Half-Orc (Aeon) Tinkerer Mechanic (armor prototype-power armor jockey)8 /Soldier (guard) 1 | SP 26/64; HP 61/61 | RP 9/10 | EAC 30; KAC 31 (DR 5/-, A/C/E/F 5) | Fort +9; Ref +10; Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +15, SM: +8 | Speed 25ft| Shirt Reroll: Used (Coin: Not Used ) | Active conditions: See Invis (constant).

Azzirm nods at Silent Strikes warning(??) about bright light messing with these fusions, and grabs five or so to attach to all his weapons..figuring he can pull his power armor punches so not to make them lethal, or just use the welder.

Seeing that everybody seems to be more ready than him--probably because he doesn't have 6 hands--but has quite a few weapons and only two hands--he seems to be a little behind reacting. Seeing Croaker get to the balcony-- and knowing that Carlos will possibly do the same--Zir leaves Fang for those two, and moves to engage Biter in the corner. He swipes with the welder attached to his off hand, sending the command to overcharge it.

Utility Welder (EAC): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 to hit
Damage (electricity and fire, and apparently non-lethal): 1d4 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 11 + (2) = 17

Note the weapon does have the bright function, but that only illuminates Biter for 1 round with 1 increase of light step, but to a max of normal, so shouldn't go to bright light to hurt the fusions. If you rule it dissolves Biter's fusion-shrug---guess we will have to worry about lethal damage from them

My character was meant to deal with people who have problems with bright light--i.e. Drow. Kinda have a thing with bright weapons.....

Wayfinders

sp70 | hp62 | rp 11 | EAC 28 KAC 29| fort +5 ref +13, will +12 | init +13| Perc 21 (27v Traps) (DV)/ Ysoki Op (Detective) 10 Forensics Master Hireling - Life Sci/Physical Sci/Mysticism (+18)

"A lovely invitation, but I see you brought company - never mind - I have a rat pack of my own"

Holographic Image 1d4 ⇒ 3

There are now four Roqueforts, all four raise a slightly self-satisfied eyebrow in unison.

Acquisitives

| SP 83/88 | HP 58/58 | RP 9/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 DR 5/— | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +7 | Init +8 | Perception +1 (Darkvision) |Active Effects: Angry seven-armed hedgehog of death!| Environmental Seals: Inactive | Male Skittermander Space Pirate Soldier 8

Chip would have eagerly grabbed as many of those shadowy fusions as possible, trying them out on all of his weapons and grenades...and probably trying to eat one or otherwise apply them to his little skittermander teeth or allsix of his fists, too!

Seeing everyone jump and pair off and etc., the skittermander just shrugs, grinning at how Biter somehow managed to get himself into a corner.

"This skittermander might not be the brightest bulb in the tool-drawer, but I know a language or two. Let's kick this skree off alphabetically, gree?"

Tactical Rail Cannon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 vs. KAC (Line)
Piercing Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
(10/20 charges remaining)
Opening Volley vs. Biter

He then takes a guarded step closer to Biter, bristling with all his other weapons!

To all: Coordinated Shot = +1 to your ranged attacks vs anyone Chip threatens in melee with his (currently) 10' reach.

GM: As a reminder, Chip has step up and strike as well as an opportunistic weapon. If Biter provokes by casting a spell or using a ranged attack, Chip will take an AoO. If Biter takes a guarded step, Chip will follow but "wait" for Biter to provoke using a spell or something else rather than just AoO on the movement (since Biter doesn't seem heavily armed and is talky, Chip is assuming he might be a spellcaster - his favored prey!)

Rolling in advance just in case:

Opportunistic Yellow Star Nova Lance Opening Volley AoO: 1d20 + 15 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 3 + 2 = 24 vs. EAC
Electricity & Fire Damage: 3d4 + 17 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) + 17 + 3 = 26
(If no AoO, Opening Volley carries over to next round)

Edit: Chip also has the Scurry feat, so if he has to he can move into the space of any of his allies in order to accomplish the above, too!

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides

Azzirm closes on Biter and brings the welder to bear. The ysoki takes the hit as it drains his force field.
@Zir: Fusions are still intact.

Breeze smiles and winks at Roquefort. ”Kinky boy. I’m liking you more every second.”

Chips fires a hail of slugs from his rail cannon, several of which strike Biter causing his small body to jerk back and forth under the assault. But as the cocky skittermander moves forward, Biter smiles as if the seven-armed hedgehog of death had just stepped right up to where he wanted him.

Active Conditions: None
Environmental Conditions: None yet
Banquet Room map
Carlos may act!

Fang (-6, on South balcony, Get ‘Em +2, Cover)
Biter (-18, Coord shot: +1 to ranged attacks)
Kultainen
Croaker (40/49 SP, on North balcony, FF, Cover)
Breeze (1 holo-clone)
Chip
Roquefort
Carlos
Azzirm

The balconies are 15 feet up and have a 3 foot tall railing and edge that provides cover to Fang and Croaker. Silent Strike is not a valid target, but Biter, Breeze, and Fang are. All weapon damage is Non-Lethal.

Acquisitives

m CN halfling (necrograft) Shadow Mystic 12 [Spacefarer] | sp 49/105 | hp 74/74 | rp 11/12 | EAC 28 KAC 29 | F+8 R+10 W+16 [+2 mind effects or +4 vs fear] | resist Sonic 5 Cold 10 | Init +5 [DISADV] | Perc +24 | DV60' | Stealth +25 [+4 in shadow] | Spells L1 6/6 L2 6/6 L3 6/6 L4 0/4 | Shadow Weaver 12/12 | Concealment 20%

Carlos just smiles. Kindergarten. He snaps his fingers, and a cloud of darkness appears around him - not permeable even for those who are used to seeing in the dark. Only the silhouette of the halfling is guessed there, and something about him looks sinister to the point of goosebumps (as in horror films).

Shadow Shroud:

Shadow Shroud (Su): As a move action, you can spend 1 Resolve Point to shroud yourself in dim light for 1 minute. Darkvision provides no benefit against this gloom, and nonmagical light can’t change this light level. Magical light can change this light level only if from a source with a CR or level higher than yours. You can dismiss this dim light as a move action, and it ends automatically if you lose consciousness.

From this darkness comes a whisper, poisonous, terrible, penetrating into consciousness. A whisper that Breeze can't ignore. Non-lethal damage is very painful, baby. Just lie face down and we won't make you suffer. We won't maim you or kill you by accident. Just give up, you can't beat us.

Suggestion, DC 20 will

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides

The Shadows reach up and swallow Carlos, and a rasping whispered voice worms its way into Breeze's ear.

Will : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

The Aspect of the Thief gets a glassy look in her eyes, and lays face-down under the enormous banquet table and out of the fray, looking all the world like she's waiting for a massage.

Fang lines up another shot, again at Croaker.

Fang Trick Attack vs CR: 1d20 + 22 + 1 + 2 - 20 ⇒ (16) + 22 + 1 + 2 - 20 = 21
merciful rime subduer: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
damage, C, trick, pinpoint weakness: 1d12 + 8 + 4d8 + 2d8 ⇒ (3) + 8 + (1, 2, 7, 3) + (2, 7) = 33

But seems put off by how easily the party just took out Breeze, and her shot misses.

Biter seems equally surprised by Breeze’s sudden withdrawal from the fight, though perhaps he’s also a bit happy that at least he won’t be the one to bear the brunt of Silent Strike’s displeasure.

His swordcane flashes out at Chip not once, not even twice, but three time in a blur of micro-edged steel.

merciful swordcane: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 17 - 4 = 29
damage,P: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 = 10

merciful swordcane: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 17 - 4 = 19
damage,P: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 = 10

merciful swordcane: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 17 - 4 = 22
damage,P: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 = 16

Only the first jab pierces the skittermander’s mid-left shoulder joint, though it doesn’t really do much damage.

Active Conditions: None
Environmental Conditions: None yet
Banquet Room map
Bold may act!

Fang (-6, on South balcony, Cover)
Biter (-18, Coord shot: +1 to ranged attacks)
Kultainen
Croaker (40/49 SP, on North balcony, Cover)

Breeze (1 holo-clone, napping)
Chip (83/88 SP
Roquefort
Carlos
Azzirm

The balconies are 15 feet up and have a 3 foot tall railing and edge that provides cover to Fang and Croaker. Silent Strike is not a valid target, but Biter, Breeze, and Fang are. All weapon damage is Non-Lethal.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanine watchers her teams tactics with impressed awe.

"Okay team, Biter is the one to take out."

Improved get'em : Burn an RP for +2 to hit and damage for everyone this round. On whatever target you choose.

She follows her own advice.
attack vs EAC Biter,ge-em: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30
F damage: 3d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) + 4 + 2 = 16
F crit bonus damage: 3d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 4 + 2 = 14

Jopsie stays near the edge of the room, watching with a worried look on her face. After a moment she takes out a clipboard and starts to make some notes.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/9 | SP: 56/56 | HP: 50/50 | RP: 9/9 | EAC:22 KAC:22 | Fort +4/Ref +7/Will +11 | Init +5 | Perception +17

Croaker moves a bit to the side and shoots Bitter

Nova Rifle, get'em: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 = 17
damage, e&f: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 6) + 7 = 18

But something is off with his aim

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides

Kultainen gives her team the encouragement they need to take out the two remaining Acolytes, then follows up with a perfect shot at Biter’s kneecap. It’s so good, it lights the little liar’s Spy’s pants on fire!
Your laser pistol has the Burn critical effect.
Folks, don’t forget the other +1 to ranged attacks vs Biter (unless Chip is granting Biter cover.)

Croaker slides over to the corner of the balcony by the wall and aims straight down to the top of Biter’s hat. But even with Kultainen’s tactical advise and Chip distracting him, Coraker is unable to hit.

Breeze turns her head and watches the fight from beneath the table, certain that if she gets up the scary halfling hiding in the shadows will turn her inside out. At least for now, she’s more afraid of him than she is of failing Silent Strike.

Active Conditions: Super Get ‘Em: +2 attack and damage on All targets.
Environmental Conditions: None yet
Banquet Room map
Bold may act!

Fang (-6, on South balcony, Cover)
Biter (-48, Coord shot, Burning)
Kultainen
Croaker (40/49 SP, on North balcony, Cover)
Breeze (1 holo-clone, napping)
Chip (83/88 SP)
Roquefort (3 clones)
Carlos (concealment. Spooky)
Azzirm

The balconies are 15 feet up and have a 3 foot tall railing and edge that provides cover to Fang and Croaker. Silent Strike is not a valid target, but Biter, Breeze, and Fang are. All weapon damage is Non-Lethal.

Acquisitives

| SP 83/88 | HP 58/58 | RP 9/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 DR 5/— | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +7 | Init +8 | Perception +1 (Darkvision) |Active Effects: Angry seven-armed hedgehog of death!| Environmental Seals: Inactive | Male Skittermander Space Pirate Soldier 8

Chip just grins when Biter unleashes his masterful plan and it results in just a bruise. "Welp, that was underwhelming. My turn!"

Chip unleashes a full-attack!

Opportunistic Yellow Star Nova Lance Opening Volley #1: 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 2 - 4 = 30 vs. EAC
Electricity & Fire Damage: 3d4 + 17 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) + 17 = 25

Opportunistic Yellow Star Nova Lance #2: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 15 - 4 = 15 vs. EAC
Electricity & Fire Damage: 3d4 + 17 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) + 17 = 24

Rolling in advance just in case Biter or some other enemy provokes:

Opportunistic Yellow Star Nova Lance AoO: 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 3 = 19 vs. EAC Bah
Electricity & Fire Damage: 3d4 + 17 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) + 17 + 3 = 30

Coordinated Shot, Step Up, Step Up and Strike, and Scurry feats all in play depending on enemy actions.

Wayfinders

sp70 | hp62 | rp 11 | EAC 28 KAC 29| fort +5 ref +13, will +12 | init +13| Perc 21 (27v Traps) (DV)/ Ysoki Op (Detective) 10 Forensics Master Hireling - Life Sci/Physical Sci/Mysticism (+18)

Roquefort gets right up close and personal with Biter, looking the fellow Ysoki in the eyes as he pulls the trigger.

Trick attack
Get 'em+Opportunist
Sense Motive Take 10 = DC13 tricked.
Attack 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 31 vs FF EAC
Damage 2d4 + 4 + 4d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 + (5, 8, 8, 5) + 2 = 39
+Bleeding Shot = 9 Bleed.

Acquisitives

| SP 83/88 | HP 58/58 | RP 9/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 DR 5/— | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +7 | Init +8 | Perception +1 (Darkvision) |Active Effects: Angry seven-armed hedgehog of death!| Environmental Seals: Inactive | Male Skittermander Space Pirate Soldier 8

And I totally forgot the +2 to attack and damage on all of my rolls, not that it would do much on anything except for the first one, I wager.

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides
Chip Ramsey wrote:
And I totally forgot the +2 to attack and damage on all of my rolls, not that it would do much on anything except for the first one, I wager.

@Chip: Noted, I'll adjust the damage.

The onslaught by the seven-armed hedgehog of death and the Detective drops Biter.

Active Conditions: Super Get ‘Em: +2 attack and damage on All targets.
Environmental Conditions: None yet
Banquet Room map
Bold may act!

Fang (-6, on South balcony, Cover)
Biter (Down, but Burning and Bleeding)
Kultainen
Croaker (40/49 SP, on North balcony, Cover)
Breeze (1 holo-clone, napping)
Chip (83/88 SP)
Roquefort (3 clones)
Carlos (concealment. Spooky)
Azzirm

The balconies are 15 feet up and have a 3 foot tall railing and edge that provides cover to Fang and Croaker. Silent Strike is not a valid target, but Biter, Breeze, and Fang are. All weapon damage is Non-Lethal.

Acquisitives

m CN halfling (necrograft) Shadow Mystic 12 [Spacefarer] | sp 49/105 | hp 74/74 | rp 11/12 | EAC 28 KAC 29 | F+8 R+10 W+16 [+2 mind effects or +4 vs fear] | resist Sonic 5 Cold 10 | Init +5 [DISADV] | Perc +24 | DV60' | Stealth +25 [+4 in shadow] | Spells L1 6/6 L2 6/6 L3 6/6 L4 0/4 | Shadow Weaver 12/12 | Concealment 20%

Carlos smiles ominously looking at the burning and bleeding ysoki. Mind you, I didn't lie. Obviously these words are addressed to Breeze. Then he turns towards Fang and just points at him with his finger. Not a word is heard, but there is something frighteningly paralyzing in this gesture [Hold Person, DC 19 will].

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LN Half-Orc (Aeon) Tinkerer Mechanic (armor prototype-power armor jockey)8 /Soldier (guard) 1 | SP 26/64; HP 61/61 | RP 9/10 | EAC 30; KAC 31 (DR 5/-, A/C/E/F 5) | Fort +9; Ref +10; Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +15, SM: +8 | Speed 25ft| Shirt Reroll: Used (Coin: Not Used ) | Active conditions: See Invis (constant).

Azzirm sees that the two on the ground are down--though he was pretty focused on Biter that he isn't certain how Breeze went down. Shrugging a little--hard to see in power armor--he goes up to the wall and uses the power armors ability to climb to get up there.

Double move...technically 15 feet on the floor, 10 feet to the top (the power armor is close to 7 feet tall)...have 35 move on the ground and 15 while climbing (armor grants a 15 ft climb)...so I believe I can be just up on the top space or holding on with a hand and 2 feet coming over the rail...either way I should be threatening the small ysoki

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides

Breeze's eyes are filled with fear as they shift rapidly between the unconscious Biter and the haunting shape in the darkness that is Carlos. But she doesn't look away either and keeps watching to see what will become of Fang.

Fang Will save : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

The little one with the big gun merely shrugs as Carlos tries the same trick on her that Croaker did. With the same effect.

Azzirm climbs up onto the balcony to confront Fang face to face....

Fang Trick Attack vs CR, Skill Mastery: 10 + 22 + 1 - 20 = 13
merciful rime subduer: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
damage, C, trick: 1d12 + 8 + 2d8 ⇒ (12) + 8 + (2, 6) = 28

… and takes a blast of cold to the face for his efforts! Some of it even gets into one of his eyes, making it just a little harder for him to aim at his tormentor. (You’re off-target until the beginning of Fang’s next turn from her trick attack.)

Active Conditions: none (Get ‘Em currently expired unless/until Kultainen reactivates it)
Environmental Conditions: None yet
Banquet Room map
Everyone may act!

Fang (-6, on South balcony, Cover)
Biter (Down, Burning and Bleeding until Jopsie acts)
Kultainen
Croaker (40/49 SP, on North balcony, Cover)

Breeze (1 holo-clone, cowering)
Chip (83/88 SP)
Roquefort (3 clones)
Carlos (concealment. Spooky)
Azzirm (27/50 SP, on South Balcony, off-target)

The balconies are 15 feet up and have a 3 foot tall railing and edge that provides cover to Fang and Croaker. Silent Strike is not a valid target, but Biter, Breeze, and Fang are. All weapon damage is Non-Lethal.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanien calls over to Jopsie to look after Biter, while she assesses the situation. "I'm not *that* kind of doctor Kultanien" she mutters.

With a sigh, the golden girl heads over and does what she can to stabilise the fallen yopski.

medicine: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

"There, there, we'll have you better in no time."

Acquisitives

m CN halfling (necrograft) Shadow Mystic 12 [Spacefarer] | sp 49/105 | hp 74/74 | rp 11/12 | EAC 28 KAC 29 | F+8 R+10 W+16 [+2 mind effects or +4 vs fear] | resist Sonic 5 Cold 10 | Init +5 [DISADV] | Perc +24 | DV60' | Stealth +25 [+4 in shadow] | Spells L1 6/6 L2 6/6 L3 6/6 L4 0/4 | Shadow Weaver 12/12 | Concealment 20%

Carlos frowns (although it is not visible in the darkness) and continues to point his finger at the last ysoki enemy.

Another hold person!

Wayfinders

sp70 | hp62 | rp 11 | EAC 28 KAC 29| fort +5 ref +13, will +12 | init +13| Perc 21 (27v Traps) (DV)/ Ysoki Op (Detective) 10 Forensics Master Hireling - Life Sci/Physical Sci/Mysticism (+18)

Roquefort takes aim at Fang.

Trick attack
Sense Motive Take 10 = CR13 tricked.
Attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 vs FF EAC
Damage 2d4 + 4 + 4d8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 + (3, 6, 3, 5) = 27
+Bleeding Shot = 9 Bleed.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LN Half-Orc (Aeon) Tinkerer Mechanic (armor prototype-power armor jockey)8 /Soldier (guard) 1 | SP 26/64; HP 61/61 | RP 9/10 | EAC 30; KAC 31 (DR 5/-, A/C/E/F 5) | Fort +9; Ref +10; Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +15, SM: +8 | Speed 25ft| Shirt Reroll: Used (Coin: Not Used ) | Active conditions: See Invis (constant).

Looks like you took my 5 pts cold resistance off on my SP.

Azzirm looks down to the small ysoki...and gets a blast of cold on his visual sensors.
"Little mouse...you probably should have done what Breeze did....."

With that, he throws a punch at the small ysoki.

Power armor punch, non-lethal, off target: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 2 = 27
Damage (Bludgeoning): 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/9 | SP: 56/56 | HP: 50/50 | RP: 9/9 | EAC:22 KAC:22 | Fort +4/Ref +7/Will +11 | Init +5 | Perception +17

I would like to go before Carlos

Croaker recognizes the spell that Carlos is casting he looks at the Fang and yells to them

"Fang, do you want to know what I learned on this ship? Silent Strike put you against us as they knew you would fail. Then he would have an excuse to kill you. You don't have what it takes to survive this trial."

Using Mindbreaker ability Sow Doubt giving -2 to saves for 7 rounds, unless the Fang makes Will save DC18 when the duration is shortened to 1 round, which is still enough for Fang to get a Hold Person in

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides

Jopsie soothes the fallen Biter, whose eyelids flutter as if he’d heard a golden angel’s voice relieving him of the phantom pain inflicted by the Starfinders.

Fang Will vs Croaker DC 18 : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Croaker tries to get into Fang’s head. She’s shaken for a moment as his words sink in.

In that hesitation, Carlos sees his chance and tries to Hold the Assassin in place. Again.
Fang Will vs Hold Person, DC 19, Doubt Sown : 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 = 20

But she doesn’t seem to be very susceptible to these attempts.

Roquefort fires into the balcony area and just barely hits the little mouse’s head as she hides behind the railing.
Azzirm follows up with a powered armor punch clocking her in the side of her head.

Seeing two of his acolytes downed so quickly, and the third trapped and outnumbered 6 to 1, Silent Strike quietly speaks one word, though it is clear and audible to all. ”Enough.”

Fang shakes her head to clear the stars from Zir and Roquefort’s strikes, nods to the big man in the powered armor, and lowers her weapon.

Breeze whimpers once. Free of her compulsion to remain down for the fight now that the fight is over, she slowly climbs out from under the table, making sure to emerge on the side farthest from the crazy-scary halfling that crushed her soul so easily.

”You have won, Starfinders. Your teamwork took advantage of my acolytes’ own … inadequacies,” Silent Strike says with a pointed glare at Breeze from his position in the upper balcony, ”and I applaud you for your skill. Give me a minute, and I will join you there to give you your earned reward.”

Ysoki:
”Fang, you did well, but lost nonetheless. Surrender your arms. Breeze, you shamed me. Surrender your belongings, and strip Biter of his also.”

As Silent Strike disappears from the balcony, Fang descends from her sniper’s nest on her jet pack and begins removing her gear and placing it on the table. Breeze does likewise, her head downcast the entire time, not meeting any of your eyes - especially Roquefort’s and Carlos’. Together the two Acolytes strip Biter of his gear, place it all on the table, then drag his body from the room toward the med bay you used earlier. Or perhaps towards an airlock…

Another post coming shortly, please stand by.

@Croaker: FYI Sow Doubt says “The effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to half your mystic level, unless the target succeeds at a Will save to reduce the duration to just 1 round.” So a failed save would be 3 rounds, not 7 as posted.

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides

The ancient, one-eyed ysoki takes a seat at the table and waves politely for you to join him. As everyone gets settled, he takes a long, slow sip of tea. The porcelain cup makes absolutely no sound as Silent Strike gently places it on the saucer.

”You may keep my Acolytes’ gear as reward for besting them so easily. I will admit I underestimated you. I will certainly not do so again,” he says with a nod. ”But to the business at hand.”

“Datch. She was not trained by me, but she is a Laoite, a grandchild of Lao Shu Po. She has worked very hard to keep this a secret, and her reach from her position with AbadarCorp makes it all the easier for her to silence anyone who discovers her secret. She calls herself a ‘character assassin,’ specializing in destroying the reputations and public image of those with power, and she no doubt makes Grandmother proud. Yes, I have known since the beginning of her training—training under the guidance of a former pupil of mine, a ysoki named Dispassion.

“I remember when Dispassion killed my other disciples—the price of his graduation. Many do it because they must, because it is survival. Still more do it as a way to show their skill at arms, at stealth, or at strategy. Dispassion acted without hesitation or remorse. No trace of sorrow or regret made his whiskers tremble, just resolve and purpose. And so, I named him Dispassion and gave him the choice to return to whatever life he chose.

“Any life at all except for one as teacher in the ways of Grandmother Rat. He vowed before me to never take a student under his paw. And yet...” Silent Strike pauses to take another long sip of tea before continuing.

“He has trained many students in Grandmother’s ways. Many times over, he has given me enough reason to kill him. However, I am curious what he expects to accomplish.” Silent Strike pulls a small data node from a hidden pocket inside his voluminous sleeves. “Take this—it is all the information I am willing to share about Dispassion, including his hiding place in the Diaspora where he continues to train Laoite assassins. You will not find him, I think, as polite as me. If you can locate him, you will learn all you need to know about Datch and her schemes. Before I send you back to Aballon, do you have any more questions for me?”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LN Half-Orc (Aeon) Tinkerer Mechanic (armor prototype-power armor jockey)8 /Soldier (guard) 1 | SP 26/64; HP 61/61 | RP 9/10 | EAC 30; KAC 31 (DR 5/-, A/C/E/F 5) | Fort +9; Ref +10; Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +15, SM: +8 | Speed 25ft| Shirt Reroll: Used (Coin: Not Used ) | Active conditions: See Invis (constant).

Azzirm looks down at the small ysoki when the call for "Enough" rings out. He reaches out a hand to help the ysoki, just in case he rang the little ones bell a bit hard with that punch.

"Nice Shooting there. I knew a Drow that you would have put to shame. She was an ass, but she was still one of the nicest of the Drow I dealt with back when I was a slave. I hope your boss isn't..." he winces a little as he knows the language of the ysoki, and quiets a little"...err....well...you might have gotten off slightly better than the other two....if you ever need a friend though, look me up at the Starfinder Society."

Seeing the little ysoki take to the air, Zir sighs, and climbs back down...one day his power armor WILL have flight....

*****

Zir again looks at the chairs...and does the mental math to realize that the power armor is likely enough to break most of them...so decides to kneel at the table.

Listening to Silent Strike talk about Datch, Azzirm nods. "Character assassin...yeah. From what I have seen and heard...she does seem to be good at that. And thanks for the info on Dispassion, the Society will use this to help deal with Datch."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanien nods. "Our thanks. And hopefully we have shown that alliances with the Society can be of mutual benefit. And don't necessarily mean that only one can win. We can both benefit from working together. Do you know any more about Datch's background? Or about Dispassion that might be handy if we end up crossing paws with them?"

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/9 | SP: 56/56 | HP: 50/50 | RP: 9/9 | EAC:22 KAC:22 | Fort +4/Ref +7/Will +11 | Init +5 | Perception +17

Croaker looks at departing acolytes and feels sorry for them. He looks at them departing and then listens to Silent Strike

"So that is the angle, you are 'giving us clues' to clean up your mess. " he throws seeing the situation clear as it is.

Wayfinders

sp70 | hp62 | rp 11 | EAC 28 KAC 29| fort +5 ref +13, will +12 | init +13| Perc 21 (27v Traps) (DV)/ Ysoki Op (Detective) 10 Forensics Master Hireling - Life Sci/Physical Sci/Mysticism (+18)

"No shame on your agents, they fought well but they were up against a dedicated and battle-hardened group that had a stark numerical advantage - loss was always inevitable - I would go onf further and remark that you and your organisation deserve credit for consistently producing efficient, effective and highly lethal agents - your people are scalpels, ours are sledgehammers - and this style of combat merely favours sledgehammers"

"Thanks for the information, and for sticking to your word"

Acquisitives

| SP 83/88 | HP 58/58 | RP 9/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 DR 5/— | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +7 | Init +8 | Perception +1 (Darkvision) |Active Effects: Angry seven-armed hedgehog of death!| Environmental Seals: Inactive | Male Skittermander Space Pirate Soldier 8

Huh...apparently the site ate my last IC post I made just after my last one in the discussion thread? Bah. Works out okay in the end I guess.

Chip just looks at the bruise he got, hears the resolution, and yawns a bit. "Meh, Besmaran parties, tests, and trials are way more fun...but at least things went as expected in the end..." Then he starts eyeing the gear already arranged on the defeated ysoki scattered about the room, "but at least helping ourselves to loot is always fun. Yar!"

Acquisitives

m CN halfling (necrograft) Shadow Mystic 12 [Spacefarer] | sp 49/105 | hp 74/74 | rp 11/12 | EAC 28 KAC 29 | F+8 R+10 W+16 [+2 mind effects or +4 vs fear] | resist Sonic 5 Cold 10 | Init +5 [DISADV] | Perc +24 | DV60' | Stealth +25 [+4 in shadow] | Spells L1 6/6 L2 6/6 L3 6/6 L4 0/4 | Shadow Weaver 12/12 | Concealment 20%

Carlos listens to this in silence. Just absorbs information. I'd like to see his 'dispassion' when we find him... When I personally find him. He smiles a little at this thought before taking another sip of tea, and this short smile looks ominous.

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides
Kultainen Vaimo wrote:
" Do you know any more about Datch's background? Or about Dispassion that might be handy if we end up crossing paws with them?"

”I have kept tabs on her, yes. Her current plan revolves around ousting the executive archdirector, AbadarCorp’s highest position, and creating a power vacuum within that mega-corp. To gain enough prominence for these plots, she needs an antagonist to catapult herself to fame. With its broad reach and recent troubles, the Starfinder Society was a perfect foil for her schemes.

“But what she doesn’t know is that by being involved with Dispassion, she is on my radar. As I mentioned before, those who train under me are forbidden from training any followers. But what I didn’t say was that the prohibition only lasts until they complete their final trial: killing me. Having allies for their final task is, of course, not forbidden. Tools are tools. But Dispassion has acquired those allies by training them as students. And that I will not allow.”

Silent Strike taps another sip of the tea before changing the subject.

”You have all earned my respect. I invite you to return here to the Executioner’s Nest. I could give you training that you might use in your work for the Society. Or perhaps for me, too, in the future.”

Just then Fang steps silently into the room. ”Escort our guests back through the portal to Aballon,” the Master instructs her, to which she gives only a crisp thumbs-up sign.

As you gather up the Acolytes’ gear and make ready to follow Fang, Silent Strike makes makes one final suggestion. ”Starfinders, if you choose to, you might snuff out a candle in respect of Grandmother Rat, that your journey and future will pass unmolested.” His emphasis on the word “a” comes with a direct look at Chip for some reason.

At the portal that leads home, Fang steps aside and ushers you through with a gesture. But as Azzirm prepares to step through, she touches his arm lightly to stop him. She inclines her head just slightly, raises her eyes to the big man, and smiles. But never says a word.

Once you arrive back on the Gentle Gesture, Luwazi Elsebo debriefs you, taking in the news with calculating curiosity and compensating for the dangers you faced. Though frustrated by Silent Strike diverting the Society toward Dispassion, she agrees that finding and questioning him is the next best course of action. She thanks you for your services and promises to let you know when she’s formulated a plan to go after Datch’s mentor in the Diaspora.

Wayfinders

sp70 | hp62 | rp 11 | EAC 28 KAC 29| fort +5 ref +13, will +12 | init +13| Perc 21 (27v Traps) (DV)/ Ysoki Op (Detective) 10 Forensics Master Hireling - Life Sci/Physical Sci/Mysticism (+18)

Thanks GM! Fun scenario - glad I played Roquefort

"Luwazi, I think we're being used to further Silent Stripe's interests against Dispassion as we pursue Datch, but I don't see a problem with that"

"I'd also comment that this was a great team of Starfinder and a real credit to the Society; I enjoyed working with such a competent and capable crew"

The psychic-detective finishes the out-brief"Another case closed, nice working with you guys - if you ever need a hand just call my number, I have a ship, and a girl, to go re-visit" Roquefort makes some finger pistols in the air miming shooting lasers, then waves as he heads off.

Outro music

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanien asks "Can we pass by the candle room we used earlier, or should we snuff out the candle in private?"

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/9 | SP: 56/56 | HP: 50/50 | RP: 9/9 | EAC:22 KAC:22 | Fort +4/Ref +7/Will +11 | Init +5 | Perception +17

Croaker nods to what Roquefort is saying "We established a contact, there is no doubt that Silent Stripe works for his own agenda, but his information are still valuable."

Acquisitives

| SP 83/88 | HP 58/58 | RP 9/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 DR 5/— | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +7 | Init +8 | Perception +1 (Darkvision) |Active Effects: Angry seven-armed hedgehog of death!| Environmental Seals: Inactive | Male Skittermander Space Pirate Soldier 8
Kultainen Vaimo wrote:

Kultanien asks "Can we pass by the candle room we used earlier, or should we snuff out the candle in private?"

"Ooh! Ooh! Can we? That'd be Drift! I wanna see if I can go for 10 this time, gree?"

Chip's "blind" side with the eyepatch is obviously the one facing Silent Strike at the time.

151 to 184 of 184 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nomadical's Shades of Spite All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.