DM Fern's Skull & Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Evriani

Roll20 Maps
The Crew
Handouts
Ship Combat Rules
Man's Promise Ship Sheet
Group Inventory Sheet


2,451 to 2,500 of 2,779 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

M Half-Elf Unchained Rogue (Pirate) 3 / Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:17 HP:17/28 | FO:+2 RE:+9 WL: +2 | Defenses: Immune to Sleep, Resistant to Enchantments

Terry stands frozen for a moment, obviously surprised by the attack. As his companions jump into action, he mumbles "Well, s*#$."

Then he watches for the bubbles or other indications of location before jumping into the water and trying to locate this thing, too.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Swim w/ ACP: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 1 = 15

In the unlikely event that combination gets him into range for an attack . . ..

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Miss? (Low bad is the theme): 1d100 ⇒ 8


Human Barbarian(Sea Reaver) 4th
Stats:
Hp's 45/45; AC 17/touch 11/FF 16; Hero points: 3/3 used; Perc: +9; Fort: +6; Ref: +2; Will: +3

Witnessing 'Roger' get drug under by the large beast, Joran stands there in shock for a moment before he runs to the edge, looks for the bubbles, and then dives into that area.

Allowing himself to sink to the bottom, Joran pulls out his dagger, takes a stab in a random direction...

Low is a miss: 1d100 ⇒ 27

...and hits nothing.

AC 17; Hp's 45/45


Male
General Stuff:
HP36/36; AC 17 T 12, FF 15 (+2 vs Aquatic), CMD 19+4 vs Rush/Trip; Saves F6, R6, W2 +4 vs spell and SLA, +2 vs poison; Percept 9, +2 unusual stonework, +1 for loot
Dwarf Ranger 4

dungeon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

not getting a clear look, seadreamer can only guess what it is.


Durzol, fretting at the water's edge, sees the majority of you suddenly rush forward to dive into the water after his friend, Mateo more reluctantly so. Atia summons her frog, which quickly sinks into the water, leaving herself and Lanni alone beside the half orc, peering into the water. They can hear shouts from outside as Durzol's other friend ran for help.

Those of you beneath the waves with air bubbles around your heads feel as though you're caught in a dense fog, occasional currents and eddies moving past you alerting you of nearby movement. Those without the bubble of air have a hard time opening their eyes in the silty water, which stings and forces you to blink rapidly.

Terry, Joran, and Mateo see movement nearby, shadows shifting in the water, and they lunge forward...only to stop at the last moment when they recognize one another as their targets. Dreamer tries to inspect the thing in the water with them, but when the silt clears, he realizes he was looking at a cluster of kelp, not a snake woman.

Miss Sylvia has better luck, its eyes adapted to murky water of swamps. It launches a sticky tongue attack at the large serpentine creature, restricting its movement somewhat, though she's much bigger than the frog.

Des, seeing the chaos all around, calls out to the strange snake woman, whose reply begins with a enraged, bubbling shriek that Syl would have been proud of.

Aquan:
"It was mine! They took it from me, and it was mine! There's nothing, not enough, none left, none none nonenonenonenone... can't breath... Nothing! GONE!"

It's clear from the response this individual is quite unhinged.

random target, 1=Terry, 2=Joran, 3 =Mateo, 4=Des, 5=Dreamer, 6=Roger: 1d6 ⇒ 2

concealment miss chance DC 51: 1d100 ⇒ 18

Joran leaps backwards as the face, feminine but line with needle sharp teeth, suddenly bursts from the murk right in front of him, snapping for his neck but missing.

You're all up, if you do hit, you can assume you're flanking with someone, you guys are kinda spread around her. With the concealment and her moving around erratically the map is not all that useful really.


CG Male Gnome Medium 4 | HP 31 | AC 17 (touch 13, flat-foot 15) | CMD 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5; (+2 vs fear, despair, illusion) | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 20 | hero points 3/3 | Conditions: none |

Lanni has to listen fairly carefully in order to hear and understand the words since he isn't in the water.
Linguistics (spirit bonus): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

He looks over at Atia. "Did you catch any of that? Something about breath and gone."

"Hey, Durzol. You guys didn't steal anything from the strange enormous snake woman, did you?"

Still not going to fire into the water without being able to see what I am shooting at. Keeping readied action to fire if I can ever see the creature.


CN Male Swashbuckler 4 (Inspired Blade)| HP: 36/36 | AC: 20 ( Tch 16, Fl 14) | CMD: 18 | F: +3 R: +9 W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +7 SM: +7 | Combat Stamina: 5/5 | Panache: 1/4 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Active conditions: Combat Expertise (-0, +1 Dodge), Champion (+2 Dmg)

The silt and mud stings his eyes, giving him only moments of vision in the mucky water. His eyes stay closed usually, instead focusing on the disturbances of the water around him. Something large and full of heft moves quickly, striking out, and the swashbuckler moves to strike at the core of it.

Standard Attack (Power Attack, Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15
Hit Chance (51 & Up): 1d100 ⇒ 49

Whatever it was, it just barely moved out of the way of the swashbuckler's deadly lunge before he returned to protecting himself defensively.

Actions - Standard Attack
Vitals - HP: 36/36; AC: 21
Conditions - Held Breath (20/24 rounds)

I don't imagine anyone has any ability to clear the water temporarily. Doesn't seem like it'd be a spell anyone would commonly have.


NG M Female Oracle of Lore 3 HP: 31/31 AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:12 Saves-FO:+2 RE:+5 WL: +7 Int: -1 Perc: +6

The bubble allowed her face to avoid the pleasantries of muddy water. Her dress on the other hand will likely not be as lucky. But that wasn't her concern at the moment. Instead, she decided to reply to the screaming snake woman.

Aquan:
"What was taken from you. Release the man and we may help return what is yours."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


M Half-Elf Unchained Rogue (Pirate) 3 / Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:17 HP:17/28 | FO:+2 RE:+9 WL: +2 | Defenses: Immune to Sleep, Resistant to Enchantments

As uncomfortable as one can get while in what should be a freshwater stream, but isn't, Terry continues trying to identify the target and rescue their new crewman.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Swim w/ ACP: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 1 = 19

Rapier w/ Flank: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20
Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 The concealment that produces a miss chance prevents sneak dice
Miss? (Low bad is the theme): 1d100 ⇒ 13


CG Fem Conj. Wiz 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC 13(w/ MA 17) (T:12;FF11) | CMD: 12 | 30ft speed | Saves: Fort/Ref +3; Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | 8/8 Acid Dart | Hero Point: 2/3 | Condition:
Spells:
Cantrips: acid splash, detect magic, prestidigitation, read magic; 1st 0/5 + 1/1 conj; lvl2 3/3 + 1/1 conj feats: Spell Penetration; Augment Summoning

Atia's frog works to maintain its grab on the weird creature.

cmb grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Atia nods in reply to Lanni's question. "Something about not enough left and they took it. Someone stole something from them? I bet it has to do with the drought."

The wizard narrows her eyes at the strange creature in the water, trying to figure it out.

Knowledge: Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Human Barbarian(Sea Reaver) 4th
Stats:
Hp's 45/45; AC 17/touch 11/FF 16; Hero points: 3/3 used; Perc: +9; Fort: +6; Ref: +2; Will: +3

Having a difficult time seeing, Joran continues to strike out in a random direction, wondering if he's going to find his mark this time.

Gotta roll high: 1d100 ⇒ 32 Ugh. I freaking swear.

Yet, once again, he doesn't. If he could yell in frustration he most certainly would right now.

AC 17; Hp's 45/45


Male
General Stuff:
HP36/36; AC 17 T 12, FF 15 (+2 vs Aquatic), CMD 19+4 vs Rush/Trip; Saves F6, R6, W2 +4 vs spell and SLA, +2 vs poison; Percept 9, +2 unusual stonework, +1 for loot
Dwarf Ranger 4

Trying to follow the commotion, Seadreamer plods towards the commotion.

concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 5 > 50 good

Mwk Boarding Axe: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 8
Cold Iron Boarding Axe: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 20
BAB, STR, Flank, aquatic, 2 Weapon, Power (first 1 masterwork)

damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Power Attack, Aquatic

Only to get tangled up in sea weed and struck a pole


CG Male Gnome Medium 4 | HP 31 | AC 17 (touch 13, flat-foot 15) | CMD 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5; (+2 vs fear, despair, illusion) | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 20 | hero points 3/3 | Conditions: none |

:⁂:
"I can't see anything in there well enough to not hit my friends."

:⁂:
"Well, I don't know the spell Buoyancy. Do you?"


These concealment rolls hate you guys and are unfun. Time for Plan B...

"Take? We didn't take nothin', far as I'm knowin'. I don't even know what that thing is!" Durzol exclaimed.

The naga, hearing Des's words, screeched in Aquan, "EVERYTHING! GONE!" She launched herself from the water like a leaping dolphin, water droplets trailing behind her, large frog wide eyed and being dragged behind her like a banner by its tongue (cmd is 28 lol). There was no sign of Roger. She lands right in front of Atia, who gets a very close look, and realizes this is a water naga -- right before it bites her, needle-like teeth snapping closed on her shoulder.

bite attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8
Make a Fort save DC 19. If you fail take...
CON damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The rational part of Atia's mind that was not suddenly overwhelmed by adrenaline recalled that naga are not inherently evil, and are capable of casting spells -- though this one's mind seemed gone, and she may not be capable of the concentration required. They are fiercely territorial, and migratory creatures. And, they are venomous. Atia can feel the burn of the poison injected into her through the teeth.

Lanni fires his readied shot, but it juuuust misses the raging she-snake.

You're all up. Let's assume an average of ten feet of swimming needed to return to the edge, and pulling yourself up onto the boardwalk beside the water is akin to standing from prone.


CG Male Gnome Medium 4 | HP 31 | AC 17 (touch 13, flat-foot 15) | CMD 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5; (+2 vs fear, despair, illusion) | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 20 | hero points 3/3 | Conditions: none |

:⁂:
"I dunno. But the thing looks pretty much mentally unhinged."

Lanni quickly reloads and fires his crossbow again.

attack (melee penalty): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 5
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

He looks over at Durzol. "Well, don't just stand there. Do something."


CG Fem Conj. Wiz 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC 13(w/ MA 17) (T:12;FF11) | CMD: 12 | 30ft speed | Saves: Fort/Ref +3; Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | 8/8 Acid Dart | Hero Point: 2/3 | Condition:
Spells:
Cantrips: acid splash, detect magic, prestidigitation, read magic; 1st 0/5 + 1/1 conj; lvl2 3/3 + 1/1 conj feats: Spell Penetration; Augment Summoning

DC 19 Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Atia lets out a yelp and shrieks when the naga lunges at her and bites down, hard. She feels the skin around the bite start to burn painfully.

In Aquan, she shouts at the Naga, "Hey! HEY! We can help you!"

To everyone else, she says, "It's a naga! They're normally not this bad! I think she's completely lost it. Oh, and they're venomous! It f*cking hurts, too!"

She directs her frog to go look for Roger and then takes a step back (five-foot step) and casts Mage Armor on herself.

Frog perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Atia at 17 AC w/ mage armor. Takes 1 con damage, reducing hp current/max to 26/30HP


Male
General Stuff:
HP36/36; AC 17 T 12, FF 15 (+2 vs Aquatic), CMD 19+4 vs Rush/Trip; Saves F6, R6, W2 +4 vs spell and SLA, +2 vs poison; Percept 9, +2 unusual stonework, +1 for loot
Dwarf Ranger 4

pulling himself up onto the land, Seadreamer looks over at the yell.

we cant see it down below. ideas

He tries to close with the Naga.

Ideas on how to fight it


CG Fem Conj. Wiz 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC 13(w/ MA 17) (T:12;FF11) | CMD: 12 | 30ft speed | Saves: Fort/Ref +3; Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | 8/8 Acid Dart | Hero Point: 2/3 | Condition:
Spells:
Cantrips: acid splash, detect magic, prestidigitation, read magic; 1st 0/5 + 1/1 conj; lvl2 3/3 + 1/1 conj feats: Spell Penetration; Augment Summoning

"I don't know, stab it?" Atia replies to Dreamer testily, gesturing at the angry naga in front of her. She grasps where the creature bit and poisoned her, trying to soothe the wound.


CN Male Swashbuckler 4 (Inspired Blade)| HP: 36/36 | AC: 20 ( Tch 16, Fl 14) | CMD: 18 | F: +3 R: +9 W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +7 SM: +7 | Combat Stamina: 5/5 | Panache: 1/4 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Active conditions: Combat Expertise (-0, +1 Dodge), Champion (+2 Dmg)

Emerging from the water would come Mateo, flanking on the other side of the massive naga. He rolls onto the dock, catches his breath, before kipping up with a show of grace and power. He lands and immediately lunges to strike the creature once more.

Mateo will emerge out of the water and then spend 1 panache to stand from prone as a swift action without provoking an AoO thanks to Kip-Up, his 3rd level swashbuckler deed.

Attack (Power Attack, Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 = 12
I will spend a hero point to reroll the attack
Attack (Power Attack, Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14
F!$+ me.

Mateo strikes at the creature but it moves in just the right way for his attack to bounce off of its hide. He recoils back and prepares himself for a counter-attack.

Parry: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22Riposte: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 = 13


M Half-Elf Unchained Rogue (Pirate) 3 / Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:17 HP:17/28 | FO:+2 RE:+9 WL: +2 | Defenses: Immune to Sleep, Resistant to Enchantments

Terry continues searching for the lost crewman.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


NG M Female Oracle of Lore 3 HP: 31/31 AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:12 Saves-FO:+2 RE:+5 WL: +7 Int: -1 Perc: +6

Des snarls when the naga bites down on her friend.

Aquan:
"If you do not stop in your assault, we will not hesitate to put you down."

Whatever the creature's grievances were, it didn't look like anything she could say would calm it down. She addressed whoever could hear her.

Aquan:
"Our best chance is to draw the creature to us."

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

She is unable to get to anyone else to assist them. Instead, she went for her dagger to attack the creature.

Dagger: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

But she was only marginally better at that task too.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Barbarian(Sea Reaver) 4th
Stats:
Hp's 45/45; AC 17/touch 11/FF 16; Hero points: 3/3 used; Perc: +9; Fort: +6; Ref: +2; Will: +3

Feeling a wave of water rush into him as the naga explodes to the surface, Joran looks up and heads that way himself. When he makes his way above water, he sees the large snake-like creature and immediately grabs the edge, pulling himself up, and when he does, he now realizes how much it threatens Atia.

Joran's fury rises quickly and his eyes go wide in anger. Dropping his dagger, Joran shoots his arms out to his sides, his muscles go taut and his fingers elongate into claws. "Get away from her, YOU B+@~~!!!"


CG Fem Conj. Wiz 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC 13(w/ MA 17) (T:12;FF11) | CMD: 12 | 30ft speed | Saves: Fort/Ref +3; Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | 8/8 Acid Dart | Hero Point: 2/3 | Condition:
Spells:
Cantrips: acid splash, detect magic, prestidigitation, read magic; 1st 0/5 + 1/1 conj; lvl2 3/3 + 1/1 conj feats: Spell Penetration; Augment Summoning

Atia looks relieved when Joran surfaces and shouts at the naga, his more bestial form taking hold. She turns her gaze to her foe, grinning devilishly, and taunts the naga in Aquan: "You're going to be sorry you hurt me!"


Atia took a step back carefully and cast mage armor upon herself, hoping it would be enough, as the cavalry started clambered back up onto the docks. The naga cared not at all for the dangers at her back, getting tunnel vision on the woman before her. She, too shifted ahead, opening her maw again for another bite. The teeth punctured through the magic shield, and bit deep into Atia.

bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 = 12
Fort save DC 19 or...
CON damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Remember, every 2 con damage, you take -1 to your modifier and thus fort saves and lose your level in HP/max HP.

Des, Lanni, and Mateo tried to stab at the naga from behind but she slithered away from their hits. Joran watched as the creature bit Atia again, getting its jaws around her torso this time. The petite woman was covered in her own blood.

Terry, meanwhile, continued to search for the missing fellow -- Roger, Durzol had named him. He kept near the bottom of the river, and spotted an arm. Thankfully, the limb was still attached to the man. He appeared unconscious, and Terry couldn't tell if he was alive, but he didn't appear to be too terribly wounded. Terry was able to grab hold of the man.

You're all up!


CG Fem Conj. Wiz 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC 13(w/ MA 17) (T:12;FF11) | CMD: 12 | 30ft speed | Saves: Fort/Ref +3; Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | 8/8 Acid Dart | Hero Point: 2/3 | Condition:
Spells:
Cantrips: acid splash, detect magic, prestidigitation, read magic; 1st 0/5 + 1/1 conj; lvl2 3/3 + 1/1 conj feats: Spell Penetration; Augment Summoning

spending a hero point to boost my roll +8

Fort save w/ 1 con damage + hero point: 1d20 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 8 = 20

Atia shouts with pain as the naga bites into her, and this time, at least, she is able to fight off the effects of the poison. Maybe don't taunt the naga... she thinks, panting heavily and grabbing at her side and trying not to focus on all the blood pouring out of her. In all of their fights so far, she had managed to avoid getting hurt beyond a few scratches, but this? This was too much. She shoots a wild look at Joran and then casts Magic Missile defensively at the Naga.

Defensive casting concentration check: DC 17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Magic Missile damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7

Her frog lets go of the naga with its tongue and attempts to bite it before disappearing back to its planar home.

bite, to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
bite, damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

edit: 26/30 HP. 26 - 12 = 14 + 14 from Des's heal = 28/30 HP

edit again: Lanni reminded me how ability damage works. Should be 30/34 - 12 = 18/34 + 14 from Des = 32/34HP


Male
General Stuff:
HP36/36; AC 17 T 12, FF 15 (+2 vs Aquatic), CMD 19+4 vs Rush/Trip; Saves F6, R6, W2 +4 vs spell and SLA, +2 vs poison; Percept 9, +2 unusual stonework, +1 for loot
Dwarf Ranger 4

moving into the fray having crawled out of the water last round.

Hey you oversized worm leave her alone

attack: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 13
bab, str, masterwork, aquan, power
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

only to have his light axe bounce off the rubbery hide.


NG M Female Oracle of Lore 3 HP: 31/31 AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:12 Saves-FO:+2 RE:+5 WL: +7 Int: -1 Perc: +6

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

This time around she received a surge of energy, allowing her to maneuver around in order to give some relief to the wizardress, chanting a small prayer to heal her.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 3) + 4 = 14


CG Male Gnome Medium 4 | HP 31 | AC 17 (touch 13, flat-foot 15) | CMD 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5; (+2 vs fear, despair, illusion) | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 20 | hero points 3/3 | Conditions: none |

:⁂:
"Yeah, maybe if its mind is already broken, that will be easier to attack."

Lanni casts Oneiric Horror on the naga, creating phantom images of Atia taunting and attacking the naga.

He also reloads his crossbow.

Oneiric Horror: Will negates; DC 15. Duration 4 rounds. Each round, the subject makes a full-attack action against the illusion. A flying creature can still attempt a Fly check to hover. Each round on its turn after making a full attack against the imaginary creature, the subject can attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. The subject is fatigued for 1 minute after the spell ends.

Spell Slots:

1st: 2 - used 1


So for clarity, Des, Atia is on land, were you climbing out and moving right up next to her, with the naga? Since cure wounds is a range of touch? Trying to track where folks are, use the map once you climb out of the water.


NG M Female Oracle of Lore 3 HP: 31/31 AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:12 Saves-FO:+2 RE:+5 WL: +7 Int: -1 Perc: +6

I thought Des and the Naga were in the water. In that case there would be a climb check to reach Atia. Thankfully that should do it even with no rank in Climb. Can't currently use Roll20 right now.


CN Male Swashbuckler 4 (Inspired Blade)| HP: 36/36 | AC: 20 ( Tch 16, Fl 14) | CMD: 18 | F: +3 R: +9 W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +7 SM: +7 | Combat Stamina: 5/5 | Panache: 1/4 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Active conditions: Combat Expertise (-0, +1 Dodge), Champion (+2 Dmg)

"C'mon Mateo, you're embarrassing yourself here. It is a snake with a woman's head, it shouldn't be so bad." The swashbuckler muttered to himself, staying on its flank to drive his blade at the slithering flesh once more.

Attack (Power Attack, Combat Expertise: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 = 12
If the hit is successful...

"Come here, you ugly b@~!&! She ain't into you desperate types! Come and have a real bite of me!" Mateo shouts, twirling his blade and a sinister grin.

Menacing Swordplay (Intimidate): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Parry & Riposte:
Parry: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21Riposte: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 = 16

Actions - Standard Attack
Vitals - HP:36/36; AC: 21/17/14


Atia almost reflexively lobs a magic missile at the naga, careful not to leave any openings for it to attack her in doing so. The bolts of energy splat into the serpentine woman. Miss Sylvia also manages to get a bite in, before poofing out of existence.

Dreamer has another streak of bad luck, trying and failing to connect with the tail of the naga, as Des crawls out of the water beside him, taking stock of the situation and seeing the state Atia is in.

Lanni casts a spell against the thing, invading its mind and dredging up its fears. The real Atia fades, a phantom, illusory Atia making a scense and trying to enrage the naga.

Will save vs Lanni: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7(Normally +9, -5 for the burgeoning insanity)

In the distraction, Mateo's strike lands this time, and his attack is so well executed that the naga feels true fear course through her veins, feeling shaken.

Still Joran and Terry up, no rush. Roll20 is up to date.


M Half-Elf Unchained Rogue (Pirate) 3 / Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:17 HP:17/28 | FO:+2 RE:+9 WL: +2 | Defenses: Immune to Sleep, Resistant to Enchantments

Having found the missing sailor, Terry follows the am up to the torso, wrapping his left arm under the man's left arm and across his chest, before kicking off of the bottom and starting a one-armed stroke towards the surface, before he can head for a bank.

Swim w/ ACP: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 1 = 11


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Barbarian(Sea Reaver) 4th
Stats:
Hp's 45/45; AC 17/touch 11/FF 16; Hero points: 3/3 used; Perc: +9; Fort: +6; Ref: +2; Will: +3

"NOOOOOOO!!!" Joran quickly moves next to Atia and slashes at the naga!

Move(10'); Attack

Reckless Rage/PA/Accurate Stance +2
Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Hero point that garbage
Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Oh my gosh, I KNEW that was gonna happen!!! SO MANY "WORDS" I WANNA USE RIGHT NOW, I SWEAR!!! UGH!!!!!

So distraught, so deathly afraid of losing Atia, Joran can't control his shaking and he misses horribly. Suffering from EPIC levels of pissed off, "F*&^ ME!!! DAMMIT!!! COME AFTER ME, YOU PIECE OF S&#T!!!"

AC 15; Hp's 45/45; Hero point(1/3 used); Rage(1/18)


Terry gets Roger to the edge of the pier. He doesn't appear to be breathing, but he wasn't down there very long. Terry suspected a bit of first aid or healing might be able to save the man.

The last time Atia had been in real danger, Joran had volunteered to climb into a box for days without food or water. She stood there now, bleeding heavily, moments from the naga delivering a potentially mortal blow. And he could do nothing.

But it didn't happen.

The naga, caught up with Lanni's illusion, lunged for an Atia that didn't exist. It attacked the air, making as if biting something -- or someone -- but finding no purchase.

will save DC 15 vs Lanni: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

You're all up again!


CG Male Gnome Medium 4 | HP 31 | AC 17 (touch 13, flat-foot 15) | CMD 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5; (+2 vs fear, despair, illusion) | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 20 | hero points 3/3 | Conditions: none |

Seeing the naga snap at the figment he created, Lanni releases a breath that he didn't realize that he was holding. "Atia, move away slowly. It can still see and attack anything that moves. It is just distracted. And I don't know for how long."

Lanni then notices the nearly dead sailor that Terry is bringing to shore. He moves over to a better position and casts Stabilize on him.


CG Fem Conj. Wiz 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC 13(w/ MA 17) (T:12;FF11) | CMD: 12 | 30ft speed | Saves: Fort/Ref +3; Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | 8/8 Acid Dart | Hero Point: 2/3 | Condition:
Spells:
Cantrips: acid splash, detect magic, prestidigitation, read magic; 1st 0/5 + 1/1 conj; lvl2 3/3 + 1/1 conj feats: Spell Penetration; Augment Summoning

Atia sees Joran charge forward, his hands bestial claws, and take ineffective swipes at the naga. She feels a twinge of worry for the barbarian, but she knows him well enough to know that he can hold his own. He wanted her safe.

"Well, not very many places I can move," Atia says to Lanni through gritted teeth. Behind her is a boat, and ahead of her is the naga. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

She decides to take the risk and dart away between the raging Joran and Mateo and stops beside Lanni. Withdrawing to avoid an AoO.

"Gods, this hurts," She gasps, grasping at her wounds.


CN Male Swashbuckler 4 (Inspired Blade)| HP: 36/36 | AC: 20 ( Tch 16, Fl 14) | CMD: 18 | F: +3 R: +9 W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +7 SM: +7 | Combat Stamina: 5/5 | Panache: 1/4 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Active conditions: Combat Expertise (-0, +1 Dodge), Champion (+2 Dmg)

"It fights so fiercely! Do you think it is truly mad?" Mateo shouts back to his comrades, looking upon the creature with a look of pity. This beast was not truly there then and that meant it could not fight with all its power. It was a mad beast, like a boar charging the huntsman. Killing it was a mercy then and the battle lost some of its luster.

Attack (PA -1/+2, CE -0/+1): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 = 12
Critical Confirm?: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 27Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
That is 21 points of damage total.

Actions - Attack
Vitals - 36/36 HP; AC: 21/17/14


Male
General Stuff:
HP36/36; AC 17 T 12, FF 15 (+2 vs Aquatic), CMD 19+4 vs Rush/Trip; Saves F6, R6, W2 +4 vs spell and SLA, +2 vs poison; Percept 9, +2 unusual stonework, +1 for loot
Dwarf Ranger 4

Now standing beside the oversized worm called a Naga, Seadreamer starts to swing both axes in his hands with gusto.

Masterwork Axe: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 9
Cold Iron Axe: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 7
BAB, STR, Aquan, Power, 2 Weapon
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Only to be stymied by the rubbery hide of the Naga.

And the dice roller continues to hate on me. :(


M Half-Elf Unchained Rogue (Pirate) 3 / Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:17 HP:17/28 | FO:+2 RE:+9 WL: +2 | Defenses: Immune to Sleep, Resistant to Enchantments

Terry struggles with getting the sailor up out of the water while the fight continues and Lanni tries a Stabilize spell. "Hey! Can I get a little help getting him up there? Please?" Terry calls out to those on the pier.

It is almost impossible to push a limp person over your own head while swimming . . .. It is amazingly hard if they are conscious and cooperating! Terry's not the kind of powerful man who would have a chance to pull that off.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG M Female Oracle of Lore 3 HP: 31/31 AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:12 Saves-FO:+2 RE:+5 WL: +7 Int: -1 Perc: +6

It took a good amount of climbing, but she finally got to the injured Atia. She decided to work on the torso at it seemed that was the most grievous wound.

Will use that roll for the purpose of the spell I'm using.


Human Barbarian(Sea Reaver) 4th
Stats:
Hp's 45/45; AC 17/touch 11/FF 16; Hero points: 3/3 used; Perc: +9; Fort: +6; Ref: +2; Will: +3

Breathing a slight sigh of relief as Atia moves away, Joran turns his focus back to the naga and slashes hard at the beast.

Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 HA! Another freaking 1. Good times.
Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Crit confirm(another 1 perhaps? Calling it now)
Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Hey, I was wrong! 'Bout time. Stupid 1's. :P
Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Hero point to add +4 to the crit confirm for a 22, maybe? Can I use a hero point to add to a crit confirm? Is that legal? I've no idea.

While one claw misses horribly, Joran finds purchase with the other, burying his claws deep as he rips its flesh, drawing some nasty red lines across its body, and as he does, Joran roars loudly, leaving one to wonder if he's actually thrilled he finally hit the thing or if he's furious he missed so badly again.

AC 15/9/14; CMD: 17; Hp's 45/45; Hero point(1(2?)/3 used); Rage(2/18)


Atia embraces the distraction Lanni caused and pulls back behind the others, feeling a little dizzy and cold. Des rushes towards her and begins patching up her wounds as she sits heavily on a crate full of supplies.

Mateo, Joran, and Dreamer rush in at the naga. Dreamer can't quite find purchase on the thing, but his presence, alongside the other two leaves her very little room to move. Mateo stabs her in the chest, hoping her vital organs are in the places he presumed they should be, given her strange anatomy. Then Joran runs in and leaps on the back of her thick tail, claws out, and he thrusts his hands forward into her back, slicing through her spine. The naga drops to the ground, twitching in the throes of death.

Terry is treading water near the docks with Roger, whom Lanni has kept from the brink of death, awaiting assistance in pulling him up. Durzol, who'd been firing his crossbow at the beast (and the DM just forgot about him, he's not intentionally a dick just standing there lol) rushes to help and hauls his friend up out of the water, checking on him. "He's alive!"

The commotion has drawn attention from the rest of the settlement as well as your crew, and folks start arriving, either just to see what happened, or to help. Syl is one of the first to slip in, dressed plainly and masking her appearance with a wide brimmed hat again, and she makes a disappointed face to see the action is over.

Shivikah reaches down a hand and helps pull Terry out of the water. Jack peers in from the entrance, eyes wide at the monster, and Joran, claws out, standing atop its corpse.

"Gods, Atia, you okay?" Tilly moved towards her friend with concern, as the wizard's clothes were blood-stained enough to wonder if she had any left in her body.


NG M Female Oracle of Lore 3 HP: 31/31 AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:12 Saves-FO:+2 RE:+5 WL: +7 Int: -1 Perc: +6

While Des continued to look into Atia's wounds, her eyes returned to normal, causing the woman to feel dizzy for a bit before turning back to confirm her suspicions: the creature was dead. When Tilly arrived at the scene she put a palm forward to keep her at bay. "It's not as bad as it looks. She should be okay, but I think she's been poisoned."

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10

She then decided to see the extent of the poison.

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


CG Fem Conj. Wiz 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC 13(w/ MA 17) (T:12;FF11) | CMD: 12 | 30ft speed | Saves: Fort/Ref +3; Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | 8/8 Acid Dart | Hero Point: 2/3 | Condition:
Spells:
Cantrips: acid splash, detect magic, prestidigitation, read magic; 1st 0/5 + 1/1 conj; lvl2 3/3 + 1/1 conj feats: Spell Penetration; Augment Summoning

Between that and the previous heal, Atia should be back to full health!

Atia gestured for Tilly to ignore Des's nonverbal instruction, waving the one-handed woman over and smiling warmly at her. "Ahh, I'm okay now that Destinie has healed me up. It was pretty bad before that, though. I feel heavy and fatigued like I did after those rum rations. I bet it'll wear off after a day or so." The wizardess winces, still sore despite the healing, and huffs with annoyance at the sight of all the blood. "I just bought these clothes," She complains.

She glances over at Joran, still standing over the body and panting. "I need to go check on him," She says apologetically, squeezing Des ton the shoulder gratefully and leaning in to hug Tilly.

After, she beelines toward Joran, worry etched over her face. "Love?" She says quietly, gently, trying not to startle him while he's still in his bestial state.


CG Male Gnome Medium 4 | HP 31 | AC 17 (touch 13, flat-foot 15) | CMD 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5; (+2 vs fear, despair, illusion) | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 20 | hero points 3/3 | Conditions: none |

Lanni hurries over to the dead naga. "Maybe it is in a better mental state now that it is dead." He stands there with one hand on the naga's head and stares off into the distance. "Wait. I have questions. What was taken? What is gone?" Sweat breaks out on Lanni's head and you can see that he is straining at something.

After a few seconds, Lanni takes his hand off the naga's head. "I can't keep it here. I can sense it, but only briefly."


Male
General Stuff:
HP36/36; AC 17 T 12, FF 15 (+2 vs Aquatic), CMD 19+4 vs Rush/Trip; Saves F6, R6, W2 +4 vs spell and SLA, +2 vs poison; Percept 9, +2 unusual stonework, +1 for loot
Dwarf Ranger 4

Seadreamer puts his axes away and mutters to himself.

Man, I wonder which god I peeved off to not even be able to hit a large target like that oversized worm there.

He goes over to wash the blood off that sprayed all over when Joran went werewolf on its arse.

He then comes back to where Atia, and Des were just as Atia runs off.

How are you holding up there Des


CN Male Swashbuckler 4 (Inspired Blade)| HP: 36/36 | AC: 20 ( Tch 16, Fl 14) | CMD: 18 | F: +3 R: +9 W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +7 SM: +7 | Combat Stamina: 5/5 | Panache: 1/4 | Charmed Life: 3/3 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Active conditions: Combat Expertise (-0, +1 Dodge), Champion (+2 Dmg)

"It is the scales, my friend, the scales are remarkably good at deflection. Probably to redirect fangs and claws as well as arrows and such." Mateo says to Seadreamer as he wipes his own blade clean. The creature was dead and limp upon the ground as the town begins to slowly emerge to witness the bloodshed. His eyes lift and scan the crowd, catching sight of his wicked dragon. He gives an apologetic smile before moving down the muddy river to where Terry, Lanni, and Durzol were. He helps move the unconscious man back onto the shoreline, clapping Terry on the back afterwards.

"Well done friend. Now that will be a loyal crew member." The swashbuckler said with a wide grin, his eyes looking back over towards Atia, Des, Joran, and Seadreamer stood. Their wizard seemed like she was still standing, she'd manage.

When Lanni starts doing...Lanni Things...the swashbuckler would move to crouch beside him. One could see it possibly as disrespectful to crouch low to the gnome's level but Mateo tended to enjoy being eye level with those around him. It was a thing of respect and was also the best way to watch when the life left one's eyes.

"You got anything, my captain?" He asked, quirking his head in curiosity. "She say why she was all riled up?"


NG M Female Oracle of Lore 3 HP: 31/31 AC:17(T:14/FF:13) CMD:12 Saves-FO:+2 RE:+5 WL: +7 Int: -1 Perc: +6

"I'm doing alright," Des replied. "But that snake woman sounded completely unhinged. Saying something about losing everything she had I'm possession... whatever that may be." She later let Atia go so she could check on Joran.


Human Barbarian(Sea Reaver) 4th
Stats:
Hp's 45/45; AC 17/touch 11/FF 16; Hero points: 3/3 used; Perc: +9; Fort: +6; Ref: +2; Will: +3
Atia Leroung wrote:

Atia gestured for Tilly to ignore Des's nonverbal instruction, waving the one-handed woman over and smiling warmly at her. "Ahh, I'm okay now that Destinie has healed me up. It was pretty bad before that, though. I feel heavy and fatigued like I did after those rum rations. I bet it'll wear off after a day or so." The wizardess winces, still sore despite the healing, and huffs with annoyance at the sight of all the blood. "I just bought these clothes," She complains.

She glances over at Joran, still standing over the body and panting. "I need to go check on him," She says apologetically, squeezing Des on the shoulder gratefully and leaning in to hug Tilly.

After, she beelines toward Joran, worry etched over her face. "Love?" She says quietly, gently, trying not to startle him while he's still in his bestial state.

His breathing coming heavy, he looks wide-eyed over at Atia when she calls to him. Memories of the naga taking a nasty bite out of her replay in his mind over and over, causing his anger to increase. Cutting his focus back to the dead beast, his fury rages on and he slashes it relentlessly with reckless abandon! Roaring as he creates more openings within the limp body of the creature, blood splatters everywhere, mostly all over himself.

Eventually tiring himself out to near exhaustion, Joran, covered in blood and sweat, stops, calms down, looks over at Atia before slowly stepping down off the naga, his claws vanishing as he drags a sleeve across his face to wipe some blood off. Staring calmly at his petite lover, he takes a moment to catch his breath before placing a gentle hand upon her cheek and asking in earnest, "How are you doing, darlin'? Are you okay?" He looks her over for a moment, wondering how bad her injuries are. "Did Destinie help you? Has the bleeding stopped? What do you need me to do?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Gnome Medium 4 | HP 31 | AC 17 (touch 13, flat-foot 15) | CMD 14 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5; (+2 vs fear, despair, illusion) | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 20 | hero points 3/3 | Conditions: none |

Lanni picks up the now severed head of the naga and holds it up facing Mateo. He bobs it around a bit and uses Mage Hand to move its mouth and make it look like it is talking. Then using his best ventriloquism voice throwing says, "You know, Mateo - of all the things I have lost over the years, I think my mind was the one I miss most."

Bluff?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

2,451 to 2,500 of 2,779 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fern's Skull & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.