[GPT] 3-24: The Golden Serpent (Inactive)

Game Master Sedoriku

Maps and Images


101 to 150 of 238 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 4 / Life Oracle 2 [HP 62/62 | AC 20/13/17 | F+10 R+7 W+11 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +7]

Hayden uses Eltran's wand on him to heal the wounds from the trap. "Well, let's see what's down here. But let's try not to bring it down on our heads anymore." He nods to Tath to take the lead and pick a door.

Life link on Tath and Eltran.


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

The room to the east is lined with eight combat practice dummies along the north and south walls. Five tables occupy the center of the room and the west and east walls. The tables are covered with mechanical devices and objects.

Perception:

Perception, Golthwur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Perception, Tath: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Perception, Eltran: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Perception, Hayden: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

There seems to be nothing else here.

The end of the hallway proves to be the entrance to another hallway.

Instead of pressing ahead, the group moves to the entrance of the final door on the hallway. It proves to be a costume room crammed with racks of costumes and clothing, with a single dresser is pushed to the east wall. The dresser's contents and the everburning torches in the hallway are probably worth a good deal of money.

Then finally back to the hallway.

Perception:

Perception, Golthwur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Perception, Tath: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Perception, Eltran: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Perception, Hayden: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The group moves down the hallway before Golthwur detects something wrong in the magical weave of the place, but before he can say anything a small bell rings in the room as a giant wave of flames sweeps out from under Hon Rach's hooves.

Golthwur, Tath, and Rach all need to make a DC 17 Reflex save to halve Fire damage: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 4, 3, 1, 1, 2) = 23, you take full if you fail.

Dark Archive

Male N Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 12 THP | AC 16 (w/ Mage armor)T 16, FF 15 | CMB +1, CMD 14| F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +8, SM: +4 | Speed 30 ft.| Active conditions: undead
Skills:
Know (arcana, planes) +13, Know (dungeoneering, history) +9, Know (nature) +10, Know (religion) +11, Linguistics +13, Spellcraft +14, UMD +1

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Oh, my," mutters Golthwur, too feeble to avoid the flames.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 4 / Life Oracle 2 [HP 62/62 | AC 20/13/17 | F+10 R+7 W+11 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +7]

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Hayden is able to dodge and only take a glancing blow from the trap. "What the hell was that?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Tian Dtang) Samurai 6 AC24* (T12,FF23) CMD 22| HP 62/62| F +8 R +4 W +2 | Init +1, Perc -1, Sense Motive +8 |

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Tath grits his teeth in pain. He produces his own wand of Cure Light Wounds and hands it to Hayden.

Hon Rach: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

The horse is completely fine. evasion

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 4 / Life Oracle 2 [HP 62/62 | AC 20/13/17 | F+10 R+7 W+11 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +7]

Hayden will use the wands to heal himself as he takes on the burns from everyone.

Healing math:

With Lifelink Hayden can take on 20 points of damage from both Golthwur and Tath. Plus his own 12, equals 52 points of damage to mitigate.
CLW - 8 charges: 8d8 + 24 ⇒ (8, 6, 6, 1, 2, 2, 4, 2) + 24 = 55

Plus the last 3 damage on each Golthwur and Tath
CLW - Golthwur: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW - Tath: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

10 charges used


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Well, bad news Hayden, 52 points of damage is enough to put you unconcious at 0 hp. However, good news is, given a 10 foot radius and placement in marching order, you weren't in the trap and only take the 40 from Tath and Golthwur.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 4 / Life Oracle 2 [HP 62/62 | AC 20/13/17 | F+10 R+7 W+11 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +7]

Ah, I missed that Hayden wasn't in the blast. But those 40 points aren't all at once either, so Hayden has time to mitigate them. That was mostly just for bookkeeping. 12 less points needed, means 2 less charges. So 8 charges total.

Dark Archive

N Male follower of Pharasma and Brigh | Looks like a Tian-Taldane human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Bard 6 | | HP 67/67 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB -4, CMD 13 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, Bluff: +16, Dipl: +16, SM: +6 | Bardic Performance 22/26 | Lore Master 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Bard 1st 4/6, 2nd 5/5 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: images, +4 initiative

Eltran casts mirror image on himself and continues to move forward and looks at the next door.

mirror image: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

In case he finds no traps he will open it.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Sorry for the wait. I recently found out my cat doesn’t have much longer to live and haven’t been taking it well. I’ll try to keep posting regularly, but if I miss a few days please do forgive me.

Eltran moves up to the door as Hayden finishes healing himself and everyone else. As the bard searches the door for traps he hears someone behind it give a small curse and bark an order at someone else. ”S*$@! They’re coming this way. Get rid of the elf! I’ll handle them!”

Opening the door, Eltran is greeted with a gout of flame.
Scorching Ray vs. Eltran Touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Mirror Image, 1=Eltran: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Fire Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 4) = 21
The caster is surprised by the various forms of Eltran and blasts one of the copies instead of the real Eltran.

Beyond the magic caster is a large lit room featuring a small table and four chairs in the center. Six barred jail cells, each of which contains a cot and bucket, surround the entire room. Only two are occupied right now, both at the back. One has a man in robes passed out on the ground. The door to the other cell is open, with another thug standing over an elf that has a passing resemblance to Amitis from earlier. The thug’s knife is bloodied and who you can assume is Syrdathiel is quickly bleeding out.

Initiative:

Initiative, Golthwur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Initiative, Tath: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Initiative, Eltran: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Initiative, Hayden: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Init, Magic Man: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Init, Thugs: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Round 1: Fire and blood!

General active conditions None
★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

★ Hayden

Thugs

Golthwur
Eltran: 4 mirror images
Tath

Magic Man

DC 15 Knowledge (Local) to gain info about the magic man
DC 13 Knowledge (Local) to gain info about the thugs

Bolded may act.

>>>Maps<<<

Dark Archive

N Male follower of Pharasma and Brigh | Looks like a Tian-Taldane human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Bard 6 | | HP 67/67 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB -4, CMD 13 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, Bluff: +16, Dipl: +16, SM: +6 | Bardic Performance 22/26 | Lore Master 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Bard 1st 4/6, 2nd 5/5 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: images, +4 initiative

Please do not worry GM! Real life always first and please take your time ... losing a pet is like losing a friend sometimes. :-(

kn local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
kn local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 4 / Life Oracle 2 [HP 62/62 | AC 20/13/17 | F+10 R+7 W+11 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +7]

Hayden's eye go wide when he sees Syrdathiel bleeding out. He reaches out to the elf's lifeforce and tries to prop it up at the expense of losing track of Eltran's. "Stop! The game is over! Give up the elf!"

Free action to drop Lifelink on Eltran. Standard action to Lifelink Syrdathiel.


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Eltran recognizes the three men in the room. The magic man is a mildly infamous sorcerer of the Crownsworn with a perverse proclivity towards torture and pain by the name of Panivenn. He was likely here to torture information from the elf.

The thugs, from what Eltran was able to ask around about earlier, are Freddy and Klas, actually cousins of Frankie and Karl from earlier.
You can get three pieces of information about both Panivenn as well as Freddie and Klas.

Sr Hayden drops his focus on Eltran and instead binds his life force with the dying elf's, stabilizing the bleeding and dealing 5 damage to the paladin in the process.

Klas, hear the elf, fails to notice how the prisoner's breathing is stabilizing and instead moves to engage the threats at the front of the room. He has to rush though and fails to do much but get to the doorway panting slightly.

Freddie, on the other hand, is closer and able to get up in Eltran's face before taking a swing at him with his rapidly drawn rapier.

Mwk Rapier vs. Eltran: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

His rapier just smacks against metal and fails to even affect one of the bard's images.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Round 1: Staying alive, Staying alive

General active conditions None
★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Hayden: -5 (Life Link: Tath and elf man)

Klas (white)
Freddie (black)

★ Golthwur
★ Eltran: 4 Mirror images
★ Tath

Panivenn (red)

Bolded may act.

>>>Maps<<<

Dark Archive

Male N Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 12 THP | AC 16 (w/ Mage armor)T 16, FF 15 | CMB +1, CMD 14| F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +8, SM: +4 | Speed 30 ft.| Active conditions: undead
Skills:
Know (arcana, planes) +13, Know (dungeoneering, history) +9, Know (nature) +10, Know (religion) +11, Linguistics +13, Spellcraft +14, UMD +1

With a flash of his wand, Golthwur sends a bolt of force at Klas.
MM v white: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Dark Archive

N Male follower of Pharasma and Brigh | Looks like a Tian-Taldane human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Bard 6 | | HP 67/67 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB -4, CMD 13 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, Bluff: +16, Dipl: +16, SM: +6 | Bardic Performance 22/26 | Lore Master 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Bard 1st 4/6, 2nd 5/5 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: images, +4 initiative

Hi GM, an image automatically pops when the to hit is up to 4 less than AC so one image pops. :-) 3 remain. No questions on the people but if there is anything else you want to share then feel free. I love this kn local on people. Will do this in my future games as well.

Eltran looks at the men and takes a step back.

"We cannot let these people hurt our contact! Get them everyone!" he shouts.

INSPIRE COURAGE!! +2 to hit and damage!

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Tian Dtang) Samurai 6 AC24* (T12,FF23) CMD 22| HP 62/62| F +8 R +4 W +2 | Init +1, Perc -1, Sense Motive +8 |

There's not enough room for Hon Rach and his naginata, so he dismounts as he draws his blade and sends Hon Rach out of the way.

Attempt to Fast Dismount, DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

After this fight, I'll probably send Hon Rach back outside, because these hallways don't make me think that there'll be enough room to maneuver.

He swings his naginata on Klas.

+1 Naginata, Pwr Attack Furious Focus, Inspire courage: 1d20 + 13 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 0 + 2 = 23
Damage, Pwr Attack, Inspire Courage: 1d8 + 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 6 + 2 = 20

His wicked blade yields wicked wounds. If this knocks out Klaus, Tath will draw an attack of oppurtunity to get next to magic man, since I still have a move action.


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Golthwur sends a magic bolt at one of the thugs drawing a tiny amount of blood and an angry look.

Eltran feels one of his images go poof as he starts to inspire everyone to fight even better.

Taking full advantage of the inspiring speech, Tath jumps off of Rach and draws his naginata, using it to slash a deep, deep wound into Klas, but the thug still stands.

Behind the two thugs, Panivenn raises his hands and forms a circle with them, before a ball of flames spreads out from the circle at Eltran rapidly expanding from the 2 inches in his hands to a full 5 foot sphere by the time it rolls into Eltran’s space.

Eltran, please DC 15 Reflex save vs. Fire damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3) = 10. A success negates the damage fully.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Round 2: Staying alive, Staying alive

General active conditions Inspire Courage +2 to hit and damage

Before your turn
★ Eltran: DC 15 Reflex Save

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
★ Hayden: -10 (Life Link: Tath and elf man)

Klas (white) -22
Freddie (black)

Golthwur
Eltran: 3 Mirror images
Tath

Panivenn (red)

Bolded may act.

>>>Maps<<<

Dark Archive

N Male follower of Pharasma and Brigh | Looks like a Tian-Taldane human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Bard 6 | | HP 67/67 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB -4, CMD 13 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, Bluff: +16, Dipl: +16, SM: +6 | Bardic Performance 22/26 | Lore Master 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Bard 1st 4/6, 2nd 5/5 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: images, +4 initiative

reflex : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 4 / Life Oracle 2 [HP 62/62 | AC 20/13/17 | F+10 R+7 W+11 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +7]

Hayden fires at the thugs, but the new wounds he is taking from Syrdathiel, causes his finger to slip on the bowstring. The knight tries to shuffle away to gain some distance from them.

Attack (PBS, IC): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12
Damage (PBS, IC): 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Eltran dips and rolls away from the sphere before it can even heat up his armor as Sir Hayden fires a shot that flies over the heads of the thugs.

Klas, bleeding heavily from his wounds steps up to Tath and takes a swing at the man.
Mwk Rapier vs. Tath: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

He misses terribly, almost loosing his rapier to the wall behind to cavalier.

Freddie tries the same tactic with Eltran, hoping the flaming ball of fire will help him see the fakes from the real.

Mwk Rapier vs. Eltran: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

It sadly ultimately proves to be useless, he is more blinded by the brighter light than actually helped by it.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Round 2: Staying alive, Staying alive

General active conditions None
★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Hayden: -10 (Life Link: Tath and elf man)

Klas (white) -22
Freddie (black)

★ Golthwur
★ Eltran: 3 Mirror images
★ Tath

Panivenn (red)

Bolded may act.

>>>Maps<<<

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Tian Dtang) Samurai 6 AC24* (T12,FF23) CMD 22| HP 62/62| F +8 R +4 W +2 | Init +1, Perc -1, Sense Motive +8 |

Tath will risk hits to get to a better position. move action, drawing two AoOs

"Old man, pick up a rock and start beating on them," he says as he tries again to cut down Klas.

+1 Naginata, Pwr Attack Furious Focus, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 13 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 0 + 2 = 34
Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 6 + 2 = 20


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Rapier vs. Tath: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Rapier vs. Tath: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Klas's aim proves to be as bad as usual, but Freddie has a better time of targeting someone not backlit by a firey ball.

In return, Tath summarily finishes off Klas with a final swipe of his naginata.

Klas is down, only Freddie and sorcerer man still alive.

Dark Archive

Male N Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 12 THP | AC 16 (w/ Mage armor)T 16, FF 15 | CMB +1, CMD 14| F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +8, SM: +4 | Speed 30 ft.| Active conditions: undead
Skills:
Know (arcana, planes) +13, Know (dungeoneering, history) +9, Know (nature) +10, Know (religion) +11, Linguistics +13, Spellcraft +14, UMD +1

Golthwur magically flings his staff at the other thug, Freddie.

Hand of the apprentice (quarterstaff): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage (B): 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Dark Archive

N Male follower of Pharasma and Brigh | Looks like a Tian-Taldane human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Bard 6 | | HP 67/67 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB -4, CMD 13 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, Bluff: +16, Dipl: +16, SM: +6 | Bardic Performance 22/26 | Lore Master 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Bard 1st 4/6, 2nd 5/5 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: images, +4 initiative

Eltran looks at the remaining warrior. ”I will get you!" he shouts.

He casts daze on Freddie!

DC 16 Will save or dazed one round.
CONTINUE INSPIRE for +2 to hit and damage.


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Golthwur lightly konks Freddie across the head and gets a grumble from the man, but he seems to stay focused on Eltran.

The scholar of the arts keeps up his inspiring oratory as he threatens the last man standing, trying to daze the man.

Will save (no modifier): 1d20 ⇒ 12

The thug starts to sway as he gets dazed for a moment, stars sparkling in his eyes.

As Panivenn starts to move his flaming sphere, the elf-suspected-to-be-Syrdathiel wakes with a start and quickly realizes he’s in danger. He swings the door to his cage shut and dives under the sleeping mat in the room with a squeak.

Panivenn, not able to focus on the non-threat that is the elf, turns to Eltran and tries to burn the man again with his flaming sphere.

Another DC 15 Reflex save vs. 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5) = 13 fire damage.

He then fires a scorching ray at Tath, hoping to dissuade the cavalier from coming into the room and closer to him.

Scorching Ray vs. Tath: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Oh, dang, a crit?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Fire damage, critical hit: 8d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 6, 6, 1, 2, 5) = 32

Panivenn is able to land a beautiful solid hit on the cavalier, burning him as the fire superheats Tath's armor. "And STAY out of my dungeon!"

As Hayden starts to move, he takes on the wounds of both Tath and the elf man, but he feels that the elf doesn’t have any more injuries.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Round 3: Burning Hot Hot Hot

General active conditions Inspire Courage +2 to hit and damage

Before your turn
★ Eltran: DC 15 Reflex save

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
★ Hayden: -19 (Life Link: Tath and elf man)

Klas (white) Cut down
Freddie (black): -3

Golthwur
Eltran: 3 Mirror images
Tath: -32

Panivenn (red)

Bolded may act.

>>>Maps<<<

Dark Archive

N Male follower of Pharasma and Brigh | Looks like a Tian-Taldane human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Bard 6 | | HP 67/67 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB -4, CMD 13 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, Bluff: +16, Dipl: +16, SM: +6 | Bardic Performance 22/26 | Lore Master 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Bard 1st 4/6, 2nd 5/5 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: images, +4 initiative

Reflex : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 4 / Life Oracle 2 [HP 62/62 | AC 20/13/17 | F+10 R+7 W+11 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +7]

Hayden feels the burns Tath takes as his skin blisters underneath his armor. "Tath, I can cover you if you need to get to him!" He readies his bow to shoot the magic man the next time he tries to cast a spell.

Readied Action:
Attack (IC): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12
Damage (IC): 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

Also, free action to drop Lifelink on the elf

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Tian Dtang) Samurai 6 AC24* (T12,FF23) CMD 22| HP 62/62| F +8 R +4 W +2 | Init +1, Perc -1, Sense Motive +8 |

I think the sorceror needs to move on the map, because as of right now, he doesn't have line of sight on me.


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Eltran avoids the flaming sphere again as Sir Hayden readies to cover Tath's advance.

I forgot that Freddie is dazed, eveyone should have been up.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Round 3: Burning Hot Hot Hot

General active conditions Inspire Courage +2 to hit and damage

Before your turn:

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Hayden: -19 (Life Link: Tath)

Freddie (black): -3 Dazed

★ Golthwur
★ Eltran: 3 Mirror images
★ Tath: -32

Panivenn (red)

Bolded may act.

>>>Maps<<<

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Tian Dtang) Samurai 6 AC24* (T12,FF23) CMD 22| HP 62/62| F +8 R +4 W +2 | Init +1, Perc -1, Sense Motive +8 |

Tath steps up and tries to kill the sorcerer as he's on his last legs.

+1 Naginata, Power Attack Furious Focus, Inspire Courgage: 1d20 + 13 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 0 + 2 = 17
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 6 + 2 = 18

+1 Naginata, Power Attack, IC: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 19
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 6 + 2 = 24

Do I get HP back from Hayden's lifelink?

Dark Archive

N Male follower of Pharasma and Brigh | Looks like a Tian-Taldane human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Bard 6 | | HP 67/67 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB -4, CMD 13 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, Bluff: +16, Dipl: +16, SM: +6 | Bardic Performance 22/26 | Lore Master 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Bard 1st 4/6, 2nd 5/5 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: images, +4 initiative

Eltran looks at the sorcerer. ”I will get you, too!" he shouts.

He 5 ft steps and casts daze on the sorcerer!

DC 16 Will save or dazed one round.
CONTINUE INSPIRE for +2 to hit and damage.

Dark Archive

Male N Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 12 THP | AC 16 (w/ Mage armor)T 16, FF 15 | CMB +1, CMD 14| F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +8, SM: +4 | Speed 30 ft.| Active conditions: undead
Skills:
Know (arcana, planes) +13, Know (dungeoneering, history) +9, Know (nature) +10, Know (religion) +11, Linguistics +13, Spellcraft +14, UMD +1

Golthwur continues to hurl his staff with magical might.

Hand of the apprentice (quarterstaff): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage (B): 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺
Muy Tath wrote:
Do I get HP back from Hayden’s lifelink?

You did. One of the two AoOs you ate last round hit and dealt exactly 5 damage to you. You’ll get more healing next round too.

Tath moves up a step next to the sorcerer and slashes out. His first slice is deflected by what appears to be a Mage Armor spell, but his second finds it’s mark and cuts into the man. There’S definitely a second layer of magic on top of the Mage Armor, but it doesn’t seem to bother Tath or his weapon at all.

DC 21 Knowledge Arcana to identify what spell that might be.

The now heavily bleeding sorcerer does not seem happy about the massive gash in his chest and he turns and glares at the cavalier.

Eltran tries to Daze the sorcerer, but the man is able to deflect the spell with a flick of magic. He gives Eltran an incredulous look. ”I’m not some inexperienced fledgling to fall to as paltry a spell as a Daze Cantrip! You sir, insult me!”

Golthwur and his magic flying quarterstaff keep bludgeoning away at the last thug still standing, clonking him on the head again.

Panivenn then steps in closer to Tath as he draws out a dagger with odd spines of metal that point backwards on it. ”You have a nice, what is this, Naginata there? It cuts beautifully and is extra long. Mind if I take it from you? It’d be useful to torture the prisoners who are too dangerous to open the cages for.”

The sorcerer then tries to hook one of the spines of his dagger around the base of the blade of the naginata and rip it from Tath’s hands.

Disarm, Improved Disarm, Bladed weapon bonus, vs. CMD 22: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
I’m making the call here that the naginata is a bladed weapon (it’s effectively a long sword on a long stick), but if there’s rules (or you feel) it shouldn’t count, I’d be glad to hear it.

His sword-breaker dagger skitters down the long weapon, however, and fails to fine a purchase on the naignata.

He then moves the flaming sphere to try engulf Eltran again in response to his rude cantrip usage.
Same deal as before, DC 15 Reflex vs. 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 5) = 8

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Round 4: Burning Hot Hot Hot

General active conditions Inspire Courage +2 to hit and damage

Before Your Turn
★ Eltran DC 15 Reflex save
★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
★ Hayden: -24 (Life Link: Tath)

Freddie (black)

Golthwur
Eltran: 3 Mirror images
Tath: -27

Panivenn (red)

Bolded may act.

>>>Maps<<<

Dark Archive

N Male follower of Pharasma and Brigh | Looks like a Tian-Taldane human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Bard 6 | | HP 67/67 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB -4, CMD 13 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, Bluff: +16, Dipl: +16, SM: +6 | Bardic Performance 22/26 | Lore Master 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Bard 1st 4/6, 2nd 5/5 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: images, +4 initiative

Eltran looks at the sorcerer. ”A cantrip can be very effective! Arghhh ... that burns!" he shouts.

reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 4 / Life Oracle 2 [HP 62/62 | AC 20/13/17 | F+10 R+7 W+11 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +7]

Hayden tries to fire at the mage as his body continues to take on Tath's wounds.

Attack vs Red (PBS, IC): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16
Damage (PBS, IC): 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Eltran finally fails to avoid the flaming sphere, getting singed for a tiny amount that seems to kickstart some healing in the secret ifrit.

Hayden focuses fire on the sorcerer but fails to penetrate the sorcerer's mage armor.

Freddie tries to take out Eltran, wanting to finally land a single hit on the man who has been dodging his attacks all day.

Mwk Rapier vs. Eltran: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

He gives a cry of dispair as he fails to even hit an image!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Round 4: The End is NIGH

General active conditions Inspire Courage +2 to hit and damage

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★
Hayden: -24 (Life Link: Tath)

Freddie (black) -8

★ Golthwur
★ Eltran: -8, Fast Healing 2, 3 Mirror images
★ Tath: -27

Panivenn (red) -24

Bolded may act.

>>>Maps<<<

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Tian Dtang) Samurai 6 AC24* (T12,FF23) CMD 22| HP 62/62| F +8 R +4 W +2 | Init +1, Perc -1, Sense Motive +8 |

Knocking aside the sorcerer's clumsy attempts to disarm the proletarian, Muy Tath attacks from his left and with a flourish, spins and makes a wide sweeping attack from his right, just above Golthwur's head. just some flavor

+1 Naginata, Power Attack Furious Focus, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 13 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 0 + 2 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 6 + 2 = 19

+1 Naginata, Power Attack, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 6 + 2 = 20


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Tath's first slice cuts the sorcerer down with a spray of blood, giving the Cavalier a chance to move closer and land a second solid hit on the final, now vastly out numbered thug.

Hayden is also now up!

Dark Archive

N Male follower of Pharasma and Brigh | Looks like a Tian-Taldane human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Bard 6 | | HP 67/67 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB -4, CMD 13 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, Bluff: +16, Dipl: +16, SM: +6 | Bardic Performance 22/26 | Lore Master 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Bard 1st 4/6, 2nd 5/5 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: images, +4 initiative

Eltran looks at the man. ”Give up!" he shouts.

He moves in to flank with Tath while drawing his dagger and he really helps!

aid dc 10 attack roll to give +2 on the next attack, flank, inspire : 1d20 + 2 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 - 5 = 10


CONTINUE INSPIRE for +2 to hit and damage.

Dark Archive

Male N Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 12 THP | AC 16 (w/ Mage armor)T 16, FF 15 | CMB +1, CMD 14| F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +8, SM: +4 | Speed 30 ft.| Active conditions: undead
Skills:
Know (arcana, planes) +13, Know (dungeoneering, history) +9, Know (nature) +10, Know (religion) +11, Linguistics +13, Spellcraft +14, UMD +1

"That meager sphere is no more than a trivial trick or flickering fancy," taunts Golthwur. "A true mage like myself, Golthwur Strath, Institutor of Ignition and Conjurer of Conflagration, would fell you with finality with the flinging of a fireball if my fellows were not so forthright in their fighting and filling the foyer!"

The old man then lets his staff fly again and his fantastical foe!
Hand of the apprentice (quarterstaff) w/IC: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28
Damage (B) w/IC: 1d6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 2 = 2

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 4 / Life Oracle 2 [HP 62/62 | AC 20/13/17 | F+10 R+7 W+11 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +7]

Hayden nods as he sees Tath take down the mage, and shifts his target to the last bandit.

Attack vs black (PBS, IC): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22
Damage (PBS, IC): 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Tian Dtang) Samurai 6 AC24* (T12,FF23) CMD 22| HP 62/62| F +8 R +4 W +2 | Init +1, Perc -1, Sense Motive +8 |

Just to be completely above board, I had to step back before I could hit the sorcerer, so I couldn't step forward and hit the second guy.


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Ah! Dang, of course you did. That strike was enough, with Hayden and Golthwur to take out Freddie, he'll admit defeat, it's a little earlier than he should be he's not got a chance in hell of surviving another round.

Freddie sees his boss cut down in a quick cut and spray of blood as his own face seems to drain of blood. He barely reacts to the flying quarter staff that bonks him again or the arrow that sprouts from his back. He looks at his rapier, the man who he'd been trying to peg and is still seeing quadruple of and then Tath covered in the blood of Panivenn and just tosses the weapon to the ground, raises his hands and walks into an open cell, tosses his keys out and shouts. "Just lock me up here! I surrender. Just please don't kill me or leave me here to die."

After a moment, the elf slips out from under his bedroll in his cage and gingerly opens it. "Uh, thank-you for saving my life there, but, uh, who might you be?"

Dark Archive

N Male follower of Pharasma and Brigh | Looks like a Tian-Taldane human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Bard 6 | | HP 67/67 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB -4, CMD 13 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, Bluff: +16, Dipl: +16, SM: +6 | Bardic Performance 22/26 | Lore Master 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Bard 1st 4/6, 2nd 5/5 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: images, +4 initiative

Eltran moves forward.

“Good that you are giving up! Now let my friends here bind you!“ he says and then turns to the elf.

“Sir, we are pathfinders and here to save your life. Can you tell us what happened please?“ he says with a little insecurity.


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

The elf pauses for a moment before asking, "Pathfinders? Are you the group I was supposed to meet for lunch today? It's me, Syrdathiel! I thought I'd never get to see you. I got ambushed in an alleyway just outside the restaurant! My collection is further in the place here. they tried to get me to give up where the rest of it was. I told them, but they didn't get to tell anyone else yet."

He gives a sigh of relief, holding back tears, "I really thought I was going to die down here. Really, truly thank-you for saving me. I... I think I need to rethink my life decisions. You're going to move further on right? I'll just lock myself in here until you come back and think things over... But you should probably go and help the man in the robes over there. He was here and knocked out when I get here so I don't know what's up with him."

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 4 / Life Oracle 2 [HP 62/62 | AC 20/13/17 | F+10 R+7 W+11 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +7]

Hayden pulls out his healing wand and begins closing the wounds that he has taken, even he continues to take on Tath's wounds. He moves to examine the other man. "Syrdathiel, did they say why they wanted your collection?"

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Tian Dtang) Samurai 6 AC24* (T12,FF23) CMD 22| HP 62/62| F +8 R +4 W +2 | Init +1, Perc -1, Sense Motive +8 |

"I'll have Hon Rach stay with you and protect you," Muy Tath says brusquely.


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

Syrdathiel shakes his head. "They mentioned something about wanting it to sell to the highest bidder." He then takes a look at the big and imposing Hon Rach, "It'll be nice to have a competent fighter here, but is there anything I should do for him? I'm not really an animal person."

Sir Hayden looks over the prone man in the other cell and notices he as a symbol of a small songbird with long seven colored tail feathers pinned to his colorful robes. There's raised welts that start on the back of his neck and extend under his robe, where some blood has started to seep into the fabric, the man has no weapons or anything else of import on him.

Dark Archive

N Male follower of Pharasma and Brigh | Looks like a Tian-Taldane human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Bard 6 | | HP 67/67 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB -4, CMD 13 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, Bluff: +16, Dipl: +16, SM: +6 | Bardic Performance 22/26 | Lore Master 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Bard 1st 4/6, 2nd 5/5 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: images, +4 initiative

Eltran looks at Tath.

“Maybe we just show him the exit so he can leave? He could wait at the lodge for us?“


The Golden Serpent Maps | Actions: ◆ | ◇ | ↺

The elf looks at the horse again with apprehension... "Going with the horse? Or worse alone? I'd rather not... If there was someone else with me, I'd feel alot safer. I got jumped the last time I was alone."

1 to 50 of 238 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GPT] 3-24: The Golden Serpent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.