TOZ's What The Helms Hide [Outpost V] (Inactive)

Game Master TriOmegaZero

Map slides


351 to 381 of 381 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

”Maaldrek” | Male CN tiefling (oni-spawn) Inquisitor 11 (Sanctified Slayer) | HP 80/80 | AC 28, T 13, FF 27 | CMD 26/28trip | F +10 R +5 W +12; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +5 | Darkvision 90 ft., Perc +18 | Regretful Gaze Will DC 23 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3 Alter Self 1/1| Active Conditions: --

Maaldrek shrugs and does the same.

Grand Lodge

female human cleric 3, HP 25, AC/T/FF 19/11/18, F/R/W +5/+4/+7, Init +1, Perc +6

When in Absolom... Cara says as she follows the others.

could have sworn i posted....i think we need to call the Ghostbusters to get rid of the nasty web spirits...


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

As the Pathfinders raise their hoods and speak aloud the prayer, nothing seems to happen. "Curious." Kreighton ponders a moment. "How did that song go again?" Clearing his throat, he raises his voice in an approximation of the tune.

The sounds changes as the Master of Scrolls continues, the echoes becoming muffled as if the stone walls were becoming padded. Looking up at your surroundings, the research library blurs and relics on the shelves seem to age in reverse. Items and furniture shuffle rapidly about the room until finally the movement comes to a halt.

The room now stands arrayed much differently than it was just a few moments before, and strange swirling clouds of blurred space wend throughout the area. At the center of the library stands a gnome woman with faded teal hair. "There you are!" she exclaims. "About time you got here!" As you look at each other, you realize that you are not the same as you once were.

Each of you is now inhabiting one of Eylysia's companions, granting you a different appearance and extra abilities in addition to your own. Select one of the companions on this slide and place your token next to theirs. Only one player per companion, so first come first served.

Sovereign Court

”Maaldrek” | Male CN tiefling (oni-spawn) Inquisitor 11 (Sanctified Slayer) | HP 80/80 | AC 28, T 13, FF 27 | CMD 26/28trip | F +10 R +5 W +12; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +5 | Darkvision 90 ft., Perc +18 | Regretful Gaze Will DC 23 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3 Alter Self 1/1| Active Conditions: --

Selected the rogue-like companion


Selected the barbarian companion.

Silver Crusade

Android Alchemist(tinkerer) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F:+4,R:+6,W:+1 | Perc +8 | Init +9

Dora will be the bard

Grand Lodge

female human cleric 3, HP 25, AC/T/FF 19/11/18, F/R/W +5/+4/+7, Init +1, Perc +6

will take cleric...shocker!


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"I'm expecting Veldrid any minute," Eylysia continues as the Pathfinders come to terms with their altered appearances. "We need to confront her with what we know and convince her to turn on the others. Once their deeds are revealed, they'll have no choice but to resign."

The large double doors to the library swing open as she speaks, admitting three figures wearing Decemvirate helms: one eyeless and triple-flanged, another topped with stag antlers, and the third a crystal-studded black domino mask.

Eylysia blanches, but quickly covers up her shock with a smile. "So... I take it you aren't willing to play nice?"

"It is the Decemvirate's will that your investigations cease," declares the antler-helmed figure in the strangely-neutral voice produced by the helms. The figure behind the eyeless helm nods, and the domino-masked figure hesitates before also nodding.

"I wonder whether your other colleagues would agree." Eylysia draws herself up to her full forty-two inches of height. "I doubt they'll agree with your perspective once they know what I know."

The figure in the eyeless mask draws their sword. "Then you understand why we cannot let you live."

For the sake of immersion, I'd love to use the 'alternate' tokens for this encounter. If this is too distracting for you as a player, feel free to swap out your alternate token for your regular one. Your characters still recognize each other as both who you actually are and which of Eylysia's companions you are inhabiting at the moment.

GM Dice:
Wulbert: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Zehameti: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Dora 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Cara: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Knuckles: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Maaldrek: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Green: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Red: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 4

The eyeless masked figure aims an arrow at Wulbert, loosing the shaft before the party can react! Thankfully the shot goes over his head.

Longbow on Wulbert: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

19 Red

17 Knuckles (Temp HP: 5)
17 Maaldrek (Temp HP: 5)

16 Green
15 Wulbert (Temp HP: 5)
15 Eylysia
14 Zehameti (Temp HP: 5)
13 Dora (Temp HP: 5)
6 Blue
4 Cara (Temp HP: 5)

Knuckles and Maaldrek are up!

Environmental Effects:
- Blue misty streams give concealment (20% miss chance) to creatures within or on opposite sides
- Sera's presence grants all PC's a +1 morale bonus to saving throws and 5 temporary hitpoints (Morale bonus applies within 30ft of Dora.)

Sovereign Court

”Maaldrek” | Male CN tiefling (oni-spawn) Inquisitor 11 (Sanctified Slayer) | HP 80/80 | AC 28, T 13, FF 27 | CMD 26/28trip | F +10 R +5 W +12; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +5 | Darkvision 90 ft., Perc +18 | Regretful Gaze Will DC 23 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3 Alter Self 1/1| Active Conditions: --

Maaldrek/Avera the elf rogue casts divine favor on herself and melts into the shadowy blue mist.

Stealth, Concealment: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Sovereign Court

Female Nagaji Fighter (Venomblade) 1 / Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1 | HP:19+519 | AC:16/12/14 | CMD:16/14 | Saves: F4/R5/W3* (+2 vs mind-effects & poison; battledance +1 vs charm/fear) | Init:2 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception:5 | Sense Motive:5 | Battle Dance rounds 7(-1=6)/7 | Spit Venom 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

The gnome looks over to the masked Decemvirate members "I figure the domino masked one is Veldrid?" her voice oddly familiar and more sibilant sounding than it should be, coming out of a gnome's mouth.

The gnomish illusionist begins sinuously dancing (move action) and moves forward into the misty stream while drawing a familiar scimitar that you swear wasn't there a moment ago (free action during movement due to BAB), next to Avera/Maaldrek.

active effects:
-> +2 morale bonus on 1st Fear saving throw (if you listened to Zehameti's War Prayers)
-> otherwise +1 morale bonus on ALL saving throws (IF within 30' of Sera/Dora) otherwise only against charm and fear effects due to Battle Dance Inspire Courage
-> +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls (Battle Dance Inspire Courage)
-> 5 temporary hitpoints (Sera/Dora)

Liberty's Edge

Half-orc Fighter (brawler) 6 Init +6 perception +3

Knuckles moves toward the enemy, using the fog for cover.
Double move


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

The domino masked figure begins to sing, pulling out a scroll as they do so. A flash of light bursts from the mask, causing Knuckles to squint as some magical effect washes over him! Will Save is needed to avoid the effect.

Eylysia begins an arcane chant, drawing sigils in the air with soft light that lingers like firefly glow.

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

19 Red

17 Knuckles (Temp HP: 5, Will Save needed)
17 Maaldrek (Temp HP: 5)
16 Green
15 Wulbert (Temp HP: 5)
15 Eylysia
14 Zehameti (Temp HP: 5)
13 Dora (Temp HP: 5)
6 Blue
4 Cara (Temp HP: 5)

Wulbert and Dora are up!

Dark Archive

Male Halfling Oracle (Dual Cursed, Bones) 4 | HP 35/35 | AC 19 / 15 T / 15 FF | Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +6 (+2 vs fear) | CMD 15 / 11 FF | Init +4 | Perc +0 | SM +4 | Speed 20' | Reach 5’ | Spells 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: none.

Jovis the dwarf moves forward whispering a prayer for Ashava's favour.

Wulbert moves forward and cast's divine favor.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

The remaining Decemvirate member readies his blade as Dora makes her move!

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

19 Red

17 Knuckles (Temp HP: 5, Will Save needed)
17 Maaldrek (Temp HP: 5)
16 Green
15 Wulbert (Temp HP: 5)
15 Eylysia
14 Zehameti (Temp HP: 5)
13 Dora (Temp HP: 5)
6 Blue
4 Cara (Temp HP: 5)

Silver Crusade

Android Alchemist(tinkerer) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F:+4,R:+6,W:+1 | Perc +8 | Init +9

Dora tosses a bomb. can someone please bot the placement details and rolls?


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Bomb on Blue: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 11
Fire Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Dora moves to join the rest of the party, casting a bomb at the antlered-helmed member. The fire bursts over his armor with a direct hit, a flat curse escaping the mask. Producing a scroll of his own, he speaks words of power and gestures back at the alchemist. Fort Save needed.

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

19 Red

17 Knuckles (Temp HP: 5, Will Save needed)
17 Maaldrek (Temp HP: 5)
16 Green
15 Wulbert (Temp HP: 5)
15 Eylysia
14 Zehameti (Temp HP: 5)
13 Dora (Temp HP: 5, Fort Save needed)
6 Blue (Damage: 9)
4 Cara (Temp HP: 5)

Cara is up!

Grand Lodge

female human cleric 3, HP 25, AC/T/FF 19/11/18, F/R/W +5/+4/+7, Init +1, Perc +6

Cara moves closer to her companions and holds her holy symbol up.

Sarenrae, guide their hands in this battle!
cast bless


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Longbow on Wulbert: 1d20 ⇒ 11

The next shaft comes closer to striking Wulbert, forcing the halfling to duck aside, the arrow disappearing into the mists.

Knuckles:
Once you have made your Will save, open the following for the results.
Spoiler:
DC13 to avoid the lesser confusion effect. If you fail, please roll percentiles and follow the confusion table results.

Round 2 Initiative wrote:

19 Red

17 Knuckles (Temp HP: 5, Will Save needed)
17 Maaldrek (Temp HP: 5)

16 Green
15 Wulbert (Temp HP: 5)
15 Eylysia
14 Zehameti (Temp HP: 5)
13 Dora (Temp HP: 5, Fort Save needed)
6 Blue (Damage: 9)
4 Cara (Temp HP: 5)

Bolded party members are up!

Sovereign Court

”Maaldrek” | Male CN tiefling (oni-spawn) Inquisitor 11 (Sanctified Slayer) | HP 80/80 | AC 28, T 13, FF 27 | CMD 26/28trip | F +10 R +5 W +12; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +5 | Darkvision 90 ft., Perc +18 | Regretful Gaze Will DC 23 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3 Alter Self 1/1| Active Conditions: --

Maaldrek/Avera keeps to the shadowy blue mist and advances to launch a javelin at the antler-bearing man.

javelin, df, ff, ic, bless: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 21
piercing dmg, df, ff, ic: 1d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Half-orc Fighter (brawler) 6 Init +6 perception +3

Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Knuckles bursts out of the fog to punch red in the face.
attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Dora Fort Save: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Knuckles closes the distance, landing a hard fist to the eyeless mask of the Decemvirate member! Maaldrek's javelin strikes true, the antler-helmed foe falling forward as the strength leaves his body.

As he falls in silence, his form becomes insubstantial, turning to the same blue mist snaking through the room. The human shaped cloud streams away to be swallowed up, leaving nothing behind.

A dwarven curse escapes the domino masked member as they read from the scroll in hand. The eyes of the mask glow green, but fizzle as Eylysia chants a counterspell!

Round 2 Initiative wrote:

19 Red

17 Knuckles (Temp HP: 5)
17 Maaldrek (Temp HP: 5)
16 Green
15 Wulbert (Temp HP: 5)
15 Eylysia
14 Zehameti (Temp HP: 5)
13 Dora (Temp HP: 5)
4 Cara (Temp HP: 5)

Bolded party members are up!

Dark Archive

Male Halfling Oracle (Dual Cursed, Bones) 4 | HP 35/35 | AC 19 / 15 T / 15 FF | Fort +5, Reflex +7, Will +6 (+2 vs fear) | CMD 15 / 11 FF | Init +4 | Perc +0 | SM +4 | Speed 20' | Reach 5’ | Spells 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: none.

As Jovis continues to move forward, Wulbert focuses on his hand and the negative energy which infuses the halflings body begins to writhe in a sickly nimbus around the dwarves clenched fist.

Wulbert moves forward and casts inflict light wounds to give Jovis’ unarmed strike a nasty side effect once he makes it into melee range.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Wulbert readies a devastating attack!

Round 2 Initiative wrote:

19 Red (Damage: 9)

17 Knuckles (Temp HP: 5)
17 Maaldrek (Temp HP: 5)
16 Green
15 Wulbert (Temp HP: 5)
15 Eylysia
14 Zehameti (Temp HP: 5)
13 Dora (Temp HP: 5)
4 Cara (Temp HP: 5)

Added the missing damage in, sorry about that!

Sovereign Court

Female Nagaji Fighter (Venomblade) 1 / Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1 | HP:19+519 | AC:16/12/14 | CMD:16/14 | Saves: F4/R5/W3* (+2 vs mind-effects & poison; battledance +1 vs charm/fear) | Init:2 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception:5 | Sense Motive:5 | Battle Dance rounds 7(-1=6)/7 | Spit Venom 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Although Z is not exactly sure what's going on, they appear to have been transported to the past in some fashion, and as she watches the 1st Decemvirate member fall and dissolve into mist, she decides she'd rather have answers from the mysterious figures.

She moves forward next to the elven barbarian and focuses the new mystical energies she feels swirling within this body. (Cast Color Spray, Will Save DC 14 on remaining 2 Decemvirate members.)


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Red Will: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Green Will: 1d20 ⇒ 1

As the colors play over the Decemvirate members, they both fall, slowly collapsing backwards as their forms turn to mist and joining the roiling curtains around the room.

Behind Eranahu, Eylysia grins. "That went differently this time. I like this ending better." Her smile turns bittersweet as the gnome fades from view, and a flash of insight bursts through the Pathfinders' minds!

The library again, the clang of steel and flash of magic. A horned figure fleeing, disappearing into the strange mist swirling around the library. Only two gnomes remain standing against two helmed figures. Crackling energy gathers around Fimbrik's fingers. Crackling energy races at the figure in the domino mask. They drop. They disintegrate into motes of color, quickly devoured by the mist. They are gone. The last helmed figure underneath triple flanges points a blade at Eylysia. Advances towards her, ignoring blood dripping from open wounds. Eylysia yells. "Your secrets cannot remain hidden forever!" She taps a foot on the ground. She vanishes. The world explodes in a whirlwind of rainbow light.

As the Pathfinders' sight returns, they blink and see the library covered in dust and signs of age once more. The strange mist is nowhere to be found, and their own forms seem to have returned to normal. Kreighton Shaine and the two members of the Decemvirate stand watching them - the masks hiding any expressions underneath them, but the Master of Scrolls's face a mixture of excitement and worry as he speaks. "Well! That was certainly an impressive piece of spellcraft - though a bit worse for wear after all those years. Tell us, what did you see inside?"

Sovereign Court

Female Nagaji Fighter (Venomblade) 1 / Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1 | HP:19+519 | AC:16/12/14 | CMD:16/14 | Saves: F4/R5/W3* (+2 vs mind-effects & poison; battledance +1 vs charm/fear) | Init:2 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception:5 | Sense Motive:5 | Battle Dance rounds 7(-1=6)/7 | Spit Venom 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Zehameti frowns as the bodies dissolve into mist, foiling her plans of interrogation.

After a second - time jump? - she is understandably rattled, her body tense and posture coiled, ready to fight or flee as needed while she swings her head back and forth quickly to get her bearings.... again.

Her eyes fly to the Decemvirate masks, struggling to pierce their disguises through willpower alone. They are different masks, but what of the people beneath? What will they think of their colleagues' betrayal of Eylysia?

Realizing she's back in the current time, she roams her hands over her torso to make sure she's in the right body again. Ah, good. Hello friends, I missed you.

She DOES trust Kreighton Shaine, at least. He's too eccentric to be faking it. So if it came down to another fight, he & his magic would probably be on their side.
Therefore, she is willing to be honest, but waits for her companions to recover from the environmental switch before speaking.

Sovereign Court

”Maaldrek” | Male CN tiefling (oni-spawn) Inquisitor 11 (Sanctified Slayer) | HP 80/80 | AC 28, T 13, FF 27 | CMD 26/28trip | F +10 R +5 W +12; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | Init +5 | Darkvision 90 ft., Perc +18 | Regretful Gaze Will DC 23 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3 Alter Self 1/1| Active Conditions: --

Maaldrek cannot conceal a slight smile forming at the corner of his mouth upon witnessing Zehameti's self reassurances. Stepping forward and leaning on his bejeweled cane, he hazards some kind of answer.

"A strange vision greeted us, one which had us inhabit the bodies of a group of ancient Pathfinders, all on the side of Eylysia it seems. In this vision, we battled members of an ancient Decemvirate I believe. One tall man wearing antlers upon his helm; one wearing a domino mask, and the third one escapes me... anyone? I was playing the part of one named 'Avera', an elf woman I believe, and I managed to stick the antler gent with a javelin or two... or were they daggers? hard to say... there was this strange blue mist everywhere."


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"Fascinating! Would you say that is what happened here so many years ago?" Shaine peers at Zehameti, before looking to the helmed Decemvirate members and nodding understandingly. "I can assure you that there is no interest in dragging up old feuds, merely a desire to know what truly happened. Please, speak freely."

Sovereign Court

Female Nagaji Fighter (Venomblade) 1 / Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1 | HP:19+519 | AC:16/12/14 | CMD:16/14 | Saves: F4/R5/W3* (+2 vs mind-effects & poison; battledance +1 vs charm/fear) | Init:2 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception:5 | Sense Motive:5 | Battle Dance rounds 7(-1=6)/7 | Spit Venom 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

The ophidian's body language relaxes and she confirms "Eylysia named one as Veldrid that wore a domino mask - that is who she had thought to trust, but instead betrayed her with the other 2. The one with the eyeless triple-flanged mask we can identify through this note as most likely Helven. The third with the antlers..." she shrugs. "But he did seem like the most 'in-charge' one of the lot. Helven and Veldrid only agreed with him."

But then she becomes somber. "Most of Eylysia's allies appeared to die in the past vision of how the combat truly went though - all of them except Eylysia and the male gnome magician I was inhabiting." She looks sharply at the Decemvirate members and Shaine. "Is it known what happened to them after this fateful confrontation?"

She looks uncomfortable a moment as she remembers the vision she saw in the dwarven cave, then decides she might as well commit to sharing the full truth.

"...I have seen the figure wearing the domino mask before - In the caverns near the Rising Spire." She corrects herself and gestures towards Maaldrek as well. "Well, that is, I mean, WE did. As we stepped forward a scene from the past laid out in front of us - 4 insubstantial dwarves going mad and attacking each other. The sole survivor was carrying this warhammer, and came out of her madness showing regret for not being in control of her actions before she was killed by the domino figure - I assume Veldrid as they had the same stature. She seemed... conflicted, as crystal tears fell from the mask after the murder."

"Then later, when I picked up the tablets with the dwarven ballad, I saw another vision, this time of an elderly gnome - I believe it was also Eylysia (probably)? She gave me the instructions to sing it here." she grins suddenly, proud of herself. "I think I picked a strong melody for the lyrics, don't you? It's catchy." She waggles her brow ridge where eyebrows would be on a more human person. "Maybe I'll even become famous for it, joining the likes of the Countess Livgrace of Ustalav, Shensen of Cheliax, and the Morning Dove of Magnimar."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

The two masked figures turn towards each other as though sharing a silent conversation. "The official histories match that account for the most part. Sadly, after her escape it appears that Fimbrik also perished." Kreighton Shaine answers with a more subdued energy that does not quite suppress his enthusiasm for the long dormant enchantment.

The figure wearing the mask resembling a whorl of steel with three eyeholes turns to you. "These secrets have remained hidden for too long - from the Decemvirate and the Society both," they say, in the strangely-neutral voice produced by the helms. "In doing so, the organization defamed an upstanding agent. What we have learned here grants us an opportunity to correct past crimes. Well done, Pathfinders." Both helmed figures bow before departing the library.

"Marvelous!" Shaine exclaims, voice almost a squeal of delight. "Truly outstanding work, agents! To think there was something like that hidden right under our noses this whole time! Just imagine what other pieces of the past we could uncover here! I'd better consult my notes, see what other leads we might have..." As he hurries after the members of the Decemvirate, the elf turns back to the group. "Oh, and I'm certain we'll have more jobs for such accomplished agents such as yourselves soon enough!"

Scenario complete! Chronicles will be up by tomorrow night.

Liberty's Edge

Half-orc Fighter (brawler) 6 Init +6 perception +3

"Well, that was easy. Anyone want to go get that food we were talking about?"

351 to 381 of 381 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TOZ's What The Helms Hide Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.