Council of Thieves/Savage Worlds

Game Master mikeawmids

A streamlined, pulpier reimagining of the classic Council of Thieves AP, converted for Savage Worlds Adventure Edition.


351 to 398 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

I am gonna' bot for MWG to keep things moving.

MWG does a cool backflip and kicks the nearest mook in the face, for an unarmed strike.

Fighting: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
exploding d8: 1d8 ⇒ 8
exploding d8: 1d8 ⇒ 3 20 to hit = Raise
Unarmed Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (5) + (4) = 12

There is a crack, as the mooks necks neck snaps sideways, and he crumples bonelessly to the floor of the crypt.


Spend GM benny to unshake Ostengo

Ostengo growls in infernal, and wrenches the iron spike out of his side. He tosses the spike to the floor, spits a wad of bloody saliva beside it, then turns his hellish gaze upon Fliss. Extending his muscular arm, the hulking tiefling brute hurls his battleaxe across the crypt!!

Athletics: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 01d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
exploding d6: 1d6 ⇒ 4 9 = hit with Raise
Damage: 2d8 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 7) + (4) + 1 = 16 = Shaken & 2 wounds

The battleaxe strikes Fliss in the chest for grievous damage! Ostengo's bloody lips curl in a cruel smirk. He pulls his arm back, and the axe is magically wrenched free of Fliss' body, flying back across the crypt and returning to the brute's hand!

Round 4 initiative;
PCs:Jack of Clubs
Ostengo: Queen of Hearts
Tiefling Rogues: Two of Spades
Order: Ostengo > PCs > Tiefling Rogues

Dom is currently unengaged.
Fliss is currently unengaged, but is Shaken & Wounded (2), after being hit by Ostengo's flying axe.
MWG is currently unengaged.
Sobok is currently engaged in melee with Ostengo (2 wounds). Sobok is wounded (1).
There are still two tiefling snipers, hiding behind columns (hard cover, -6 to hit) at the opposite end of the crypt. You will need to run to reach them in one round.

Ostengo turns his attention back to Sobok, lashing out with his axe the instant it returns to his hand.
Fighting/Frenzy: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 61d8 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 11d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

The first frenzied swing bounces off Sobok's shield, the second misses entirely.

PCs to act


Female; Parry=7, Toughness=9(2), Bennies:3 Human

MWG runs towards the snipers :

Running: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Assuming that's enough to reach one of them, she attacks him with her sword :

Fighting & Wild: 1d8 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 4

If that hits, it does :

Damage: 1d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (5) + (6) = 11


Human | Pace 6 | Parry 7 | Size 0 | Toughness 9 - Ag d8 | Sm d6 | Sp d6 | Str d6 | Vig d8

Seeing the larger threat and knowing he'll likely make a great target for the archers, Dom moves to assist Sobok with the 'big' guy.
fighting: 1d8 ⇒ 4
wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
wild xplode: 1d6 ⇒ 3

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

Sobok tries to remember how to swing his warhammer.

Fighting: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Wild Die: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

If a 4 manages to hit somehow. Rd 3/5 for Protection.

Warhammer Damage +1 AP: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

6 Damage +1 AP


MWG: I never know if the Unarmed rule triggers, when you attack a person in melee, when your target is holding a ranged weapon. Your roll is a miss, unless we treat the tiefling as unarmed, so I am going to compromise with;

MWG runs across the crypt, darting between stone columns until she reaches the one the first sniper is using for cover. Just as the tiefling finishes reloading his crossbow, he sees MWG appear in his peripheral vision. He swings the weapon up to fire, only to have it slapped out of his hands by MWG's awesome kung-fu moves. The weapon clatters away into the darkness, leaving the tiefling unarmed!

EDIT: Did you apply -2 running penalty to attack? Ah well, it doesn't matter now.

Dom: You also get +1 Gang Up bonus from Sobok, turning that hit into a Raise! Also, looks like you missed an exploding d6 on your dmg.
extra dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 = 16 total = Shaken & 1 wound

Dom moves to Sobok's aid and buries his own axe into Ostengo's spine. The hulking brute howls with pain.

Sobok, I'm afraid your attack misses, even with the Gang Up bonus.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human | Pace 6 | Parry 7 | Size 0 | Toughness 9 - Ag d8 | Sm d6 | Sp d6 | Str d6 | Vig d8

Heh, was posting at work and got a call. Did miss that '6'. Thanks!


I am gonna' bot for Fliss, to keep things moving;

Fliss is grievously wounded from Ostengo's unanticipated ranged assault.

Spirit to unshake: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 41d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
exploding d6: 1d6 ⇒ 6
exploding d6: 1d6 ⇒ 6
exploding d6: 1d6 ⇒ 4 ... so, yeah. Fliss is no longer shaken, although that does nothing to alleviate her wounded (2) condition

Clutching her chest, Fliss moves into cover (-6 to hit) behind the nearest stone column, where neither Ostengo, nor the tiefling snipers can draw a bead on her.

The tiefling that MWG disarmed draws a dagger from his boot and makes a wild lunge for MWG's jugular...
Fighting/Wild Attack: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 = Miss
... but the blow is effortlessly deflected as MWG flows out of harms way.
This guy's PR is reduced to 3 until end of his next turn.

The other marksman takes a potshot at Fliss as she darts into cover...
Shooting: 1d6 - 6 ⇒ (2) - 6 = -4 = Miss
... but the bolt richochets off the stone column she is hiding behind.

Round 5 Initiative;
PCs: Six of Hearts
Ostengo: Four of Hearts
Tiefling Rogues: Three of Hearts
Order: PCs > Ostengo > Tiefling Rogues

Dom and Sobok (wounded 1) are fighting Ostengo (wounded 3 & shaken) together.
MWG is fighting a tiefling mook at the other end of the crypt.
A second tiefling is reloading his crossbow for another shot.
Fliss (wounded 2) is hiding behind a stone column, quite seriously injured.


Female; Parry=7, Toughness=9(2), Bennies:3 Human

MWG attacks the unarmed Tiefling with her sword :

Fighting & Wild,Unarmed Defender: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

If that hits, she does

Damage: 1d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + (2) = 5 Meh.


Human | Pace 6 | Parry 7 | Size 0 | Toughness 9 - Ag d8 | Sm d6 | Sp d6 | Str d6 | Vig d8

Dom takes a mighty two handed swing aimed right at Ostengo's midriff...

fighting: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6

fighting xplode: 1d8 ⇒ 3
wild xplode: 1d6 ⇒ 2

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
extra damage?: 1d6 ⇒ 1


MWG: that hits, but does not beat TN.

Dom: describe how you killed this dude.

With Ostengo defeated, the last two tieflings throw down their weapons and surrender.

Ostengo's axe is a finely crafted +1 Battleaxe of Returning, etched with dwarven runes. Rather than roll Fighting against an adjacent foe, you can also throw it with Athletics (range 4/8/16), and have it return to your hand as a free action.

In an adjacent crypt, you find the spoils of the gang's recent string of burglaries. There is a sufficient quantity of stolen coin/goods for each of you to increase your Wealth by one die type, should you decide to keep it for yourselves. Among the plunder, you find a ring matching the description of the relic stolen from The Dragon's Eye.

The ring is a Necromancer's Band, and is decorated with the likeness of a silver skull, with obsidian chips glinting in its empty eye sockets. It has its own pool of 10 Power Points and enables the wearer to cast the Zombie power, by rolling either Occult or Spellcasting.

Also, everyone gains an Advance.


Female Human Cleric Agility d8 Smarts d6 Spirit d8 Strenght d6 Vigour d8 Parry Size 0 Toughness

For future reference, I would totally spend the Benny to soak but I get you wanted to keep thing simple

Fliss steps out from cover, one arm crossed over her front as she ddoes her best to keep her insides on teh inside. She's also swearing furiously in a mixture of all the langauages she knows - Infernal features prominiently. "Right. Nice amount of loot. We done here? I need a drink. Purely for the medicine, you know."

She tries to play the wound off as nothing, but the act probly isn't fooling anyone - she's seriously injured, the battleaxe was almost as big as she is. Her skin is pale from loss of blood, and she staggers over a couple of times but does't fall.

STATIS: 2 wounds, 2/10 PP left and 5 Bennies


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human | Pace 6 | Parry 7 | Size 0 | Toughness 9 - Ag d8 | Sm d6 | Sp d6 | Str d6 | Vig d8

Dom's swing surprises everyone, even himself. The axe bites just below his breastplate, tears halfway through his body before the swing takes it out, along with bits of his spine.
"Ug. that's perty terrible... Hey, nice axe!"


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

Sobok takes the ring to return it and then moves to heal several people. After he is done healing he eyes the axe and says, "That is a very nice axe."

Sobok starts with healing himself. 9/15 PP after this.

Spellcasting: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Wild Die: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

That takes care of my 1 wound.

Sobok then turns to heal Dom. 6/15 PP after this.

Spellcasting: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Wild Die: 1d6 ⇒ 5

That heals 1 wound on Dom.

Sobok then goes to heal Fliss. 3/15 PP after this.

Spellcasting: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Wild Die: 1d6 ⇒ 4

That heals 1 wound on Fliss.

Sobok will try and finish healing Fliss. 0/15 PP after this.

Spellcasting: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Wild Die: 1d6 ⇒ 4

That heals 1 wound on Fliss.


If you both want the axe and cannot reach an agreement in character, you might need to roll for it (unmodified d20 roll, highest result gets the item) in the Discussion thread. It's worth noting that a battleaxe requires min Strength d8 to wield effectively, so whoever gets it would need to spend an advance boosting their Strength die.

While Dom and Sobok drool over Ostengo's magic axe, the two surviving tieflings exchange concerned glances and slowly edge towards the exit from the crypt.

Fliss Cooper wrote:
"Right. Nice amount of loot. We done here? I need a drink. Purely for the medicine, you know."

Among the stolen plunder, Fliss finds several bottles of an alcoholic nature; dwarven spirits strong enough to put a beard on your beard, sparkling elven wine from the vineyards of Kyonin, and a selection of fruity halfling ciders. There's even a big wheel of cheese, wrapped in blue wax, that some distraught fromager is probably missing dreadfully.


Female; Parry=7, Toughness=9(2), Bennies:3 Human

MWG moves over to the door to intercept the two tieflings, and brandishes (that's a great word!) her sword at them. "Uh-uh. Where do you think you're going?"


The two tieflings stop moving and eyeball MWG's sword warily.

"Who even are you people? What do you want? You got beef with the boss, or something? She ain't even here, and I got no interest dying for something she done to piss you off."


Human | Pace 6 | Parry 7 | Size 0 | Toughness 9 - Ag d8 | Sm d6 | Sp d6 | Str d6 | Vig d8

Dome looks at Sobok, back at the axe. "Well, we gonna have ta consider this choice. Or we kin play that Rock, Vellum, Dagger game." He smiles broadly.

Seeing what is going on near the exit..
"So fellas. We ain't got no beef wit' ya personally. We's just comin' ta get some stolen property." He looks back and Sobok, "Was that ring it? If so, we pretty much done here. If not, we may have ta' ask ya a few more questions. Ain't got no reason ta' hurt ya, ya done surrendered and all."


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

Sobok nods and says, "This appears to be the ring. It was good you came with me. If you want to keep the axe, its yours." It does appear to be the right right?

Sobok looks at the two and says, "Who is your boss? Tell me what you know about her."

I would like the axe, but this mission was for me to get the ring. If Dom wants the axe I won't argue as I appreciate his aid.


The ring matches the description you were given by Obadiah. When you return the relic, you will have the opportunity to either keep it, or exchange it for a different magic item.

"The boss is a tiefling magus called Palaveen." the first tiefling says, "Watch out though, cos' she's in tight with the Council of Thieves."

"Have you got a deathwish?!" the second tiefling hisses incredulously, "The boss will cut your f%!@ing throat if she finds out you squealed."

"You saw what they done to Ostengo! That old guy tore out his f&~~ing spine! I'll take my chances!!"

The captives go on to tell you that Palaveen is a powerful spellcaster, with a distinctive scar (shaped liked the unholy symbol of Asmodeus) on her forehead. She is currently away from the Bastard's lair on top secret Council business, and the party would be wise to be long gone when she returns (because she will be pissed).


Human | Pace 6 | Parry 7 | Size 0 | Toughness 9 - Ag d8 | Sm d6 | Sp d6 | Str d6 | Vig d8

Dom nods to Sobek. "Tell ya what, i'll carry it fer a while and see if it really helps or if it'll be best with you. How's that sound?"

After the peons have their say, "Sounds like it be 'bout time ta go. We'll nay say a word bout yer leader. Didn't hear nuthin." He winks at them.


Female Human Cleric Agility d8 Smarts d6 Spirit d8 Strenght d6 Vigour d8 Parry Size 0 Toughness

Fliss gives Sobok a grin as he magics her back to full health. "Thanks, youre a handy person to keep around." She listens with inteest to the talk of the boss. "Yeah, she sounds like a handful. Let's get out of here now we're done." Stuffing a couple of the bottles into her belt, and breaking off some of the cheese for later (cos you never know when you're next gonna get fed), she's good to go. The axe is nice and all, but it's not really her.


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

Sobok nods to Dom and says, "That works. The ability to use it at range will come in handy for you I think."

Sobok then turns and hisses at the two tiefling before saying, "You should leave town. Either this Palaveen will come for you and force you back in or kill you. And if your back in we will probably be seeing you again." Sobok leaves the obvious threat in the air as he turns to go and return the ring.

Magic Shop:
Sobok cleans up a bit so there is no obvious signs of having recently bludgening tieflings to death. When he sees his boss he says, "Hey, I have that ring back for you." Sobok holds out the ring for his employer to take."[/b]


The party have successfully recovered the relic stolen from Obadiah's magic shop, and culled the number of Bastards left to cause further mayhem in their beloved Westcrown. You have slain the brute Ostengo, but the bandit leader Palaveen was not present during your raid on her lair in the Rego Cader, and may yet return to cause trouble for the party.

When Sobok picks up the Necromancer's Band, it feels unnaturally cold against his scaly claws. The silver skull seems to be leering up at him, and dissonant whispers swirl at the edge of hearing....

As you emerge from the crypt, into the desecrated temple of Erastil, you see through the large broken windows that the sky over Westcrown has turned a sullen shade of orange, as the sun dips toward the west. You must have spent longer than you realised sorting through the Bastard's plunder, for dusk has crept up on you all, like a mugger in an alley.

If you hurry, you might make it back to your headquarters in the Rego Sacero before darkness settles, and the Shadow Beasts begin their nightly hunt.... Alternatively, you could look for a defensible spot to hole up overnight in the ruined district, and wait for the new dawn to chase away the monsters that own the night.

Sobok:
You are aware of a lizardman community living in a flooded section of the ruins. You could reach them before darkness falls. Their attitude towards you will be 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9 cooperative.


Female Human Cleric Agility d8 Smarts d6 Spirit d8 Strenght d6 Vigour d8 Parry Size 0 Toughness

Fliss looks around carefuly. "We dunt want to be out after dark, if we can help it." She's not *exctly* sure why, but she's heard enough stories that even she doesn't want to find out if they're true.


Human | Pace 6 | Parry 7 | Size 0 | Toughness 9 - Ag d8 | Sm d6 | Sp d6 | Str d6 | Vig d8

"No, no we do not. If we are unsure if we'll make it we'll have ta find shelter somewhere close. Even if we have ta fight who's there now.. Anyone have any friends nearby?"


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

"I know some lizardmen in the area who would probably put us up for the night. It would be safer then braving the streets and hoping to make it to safety further away." Sobok offers as he looks at the dimming light in the streets.

Sobok motions for them to follow him and begins moving quickly away from the fallen temple.


Travel:
Drawing card for travel encounter: Queen of Diamonds = treasure

Putting the setting sun to his back, Sobok weaves through ruins and rubble-strewn streets, towards the flooded precinct closest to the broken bank of the Dhaenflow. Shadows lengthen as night draws in, stifling as a noose.

As you approach the river, the streets become swamped with standing water. Initially, you are splashing through knee-deep puddles, but soon you are slogging through pools that rise to your waist (or higher, in Fliss' case).

Up ahead, you spot a dark shape bobbing in the water. Closer inspection reveals it to be a body, floating facedown, a half dozen stone-tipped arrows protruding from its back.

Sobok:
Sobok would immediately recognise that these arrows were crafted by his kin.

Searching the body:
Turning the body over reveals it to be a dead human male in his early twenties. He is wearing light leather armour and has a complete set of thieves tools tucked away in a waterproof pouch beneath his tunic. He is carrying a leather satchel, containing three large eggs.

Sobok:
Sobok would immediately recognise the eggs as being dinosaur eggs, which the lizardfolk breed as mounts and animal companions. It is unclear what kind of dinosaur these eggs contain, but all three eggs appear to be from a different species.


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

"This man appears to have several dinosaur eggs. He may have been seen stealing them since they are bred by lizardmen, and he seems to have been killed by lizardmen. We should take them as they may prove valuable." Sobok says as he grabs the pouch and satchel. He then asks, "Does anyone want the armor or should we just leave that? Its possible someone in the resistance might need it."


Female; Parry=7, Toughness=9(2), Bennies:3 Human

"I will carry the armor."


Human | Pace 6 | Parry 7 | Size 0 | Toughness 9 - Ag d8 | Sm d6 | Sp d6 | Str d6 | Vig d8

Dom takes the tools... just in case..
"Egg thief. Well, anyone stupid enough ta try that...Let's hope they give us a slightly more friendly welcome."


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

Sobok will continue to lead the group to safety once the items are sorted out.


Having looted the waterlogged body of the drowned thief, you continue heading east, in search of the displaced lizardfolk who make their home in the flooded ruins of the Rego Cader.

Can everyone plz make a Notice roll. Sobok gains +2 to the roll.

Success:
You begin to notice crude tribal fetishes of bone and glass marking the edges of the lizardfolk territory.

Raise:
In addition to what's written above, you catch a fleeting glance of scaly figures hunkered down among the ruins overlooking the flooded thoroughfare, observing your progress whilst trying to remain unseen.

"Stop!"

Suddenly, a half-dozen lizardman warriors appear ahead of you, paddling coracles fashioned from wood and animal hides. They are using their long, powerful tails to propel themselves through the water, leaving their clawed hands free. The lizardfolk have sleek gray scales and intimidating dorsal spines along their broad, muscular backs. They are armed with long bone spears, tipped with stone heads.

"This our place." the leading warrior states in the common tongue, the familiar words made guttural by his long, toothy snout, "This Iruxi place. You not Iruxi. You not welcome. Turn back. Now."

Sobok, are you already known to this tribe of urban lizardfolk? Have you visted their camp in the past? Do you have friends, family, rivals or lovers among the clan? The warriors have not clocked you yet, so I will follow your lead, re: RPing this scene.


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

Notice+GM Bonus: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

Wild Die+GM Bonus: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Sobok steps forward and says, "I am Sobok. I am friends with Yiszco and the lizardmen in this area. I helped you and your people with the blight fever that struck two summers ago. I have come to seek shelter with him and his family for the evening with my friends."

I am going to say that I know Yiszco who is a cleric of the same deity that Sobok gains his power from who aids the lizardmen in the area. He visits the shop and he and I have aided the local lizardmen in this part of town with a sickness that struck sometime in the past and needed our healing powers.


Human | Pace 6 | Parry 7 | Size 0 | Toughness 9 - Ag d8 | Sm d6 | Sp d6 | Str d6 | Vig d8

notice: 1d6 ⇒ 2
wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Dome is completely surprised by the appearance of the Iruxi, even though he was expecting it...


"Mighty Nasha," one of the lizardman warriors says, in the language of the Iruxi, "This one is known to the Stonescale. He is friend to Yiszco, and friend to the tribe."

Only Sobok wold understand that bit.

"Very well," answers Nasha, reverting to the Common tongue, "Stonescale tribe welcome friend Sobok, but who will vouch for others? Humans not known to tribe, not friends of tribe. Iruxi hunt human thief, steal big treasure from tribe. Why Iruxi trust humans now?"

The other lizardmen rattle their bone spears threateningly, as Nasha folds his brawny arms across his bare chest.


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

Sobok holds up the sack and says, "I think we have found what was stolen from you. My friends have aided in returning lost eggs."


One of the Iruxi warriors paddles his coracle closer and takes the bag from Sobok. He blinks in surprise, as he opens it up and sees the three stolen eggs nestled within.

"The eggs!" he shouts, holding the bag high for the other warriors to see, "Friend Sobok has returned what was stolen!"

A cheer goes up among the Iruxi, even those that had been lurking amid the ruins emerge from hiding to join the revelry. Nasha uncrosses his arms and gestures towards the lizardfolk village.

"Come! You and your friends are welcome around Stonescale fire this night! Elder Yiszco will want to meet good humans who return treasure. Big thanks! Come!"

The Iruxi escort you the rest of the way to their village, a squalid ring of ramshackle yurts, huddled around the edges of a flooded courtyard. A bronze statue of Aroden rises from the murky water, heavily bearded with slimy green moss. Iruxi children splash around playfully and tug on each other's tails as part of some infantile game. What looks suspiciously like a giant rat is being roasted above an open fire. Several of the older lizardfolk hiss when they see humans being ushered into their camp, but Nasha raises his arms and addresses the crowd in their native tongue.

"Rejoice! Good humans return eggs! Stonescale tribe welcome good humans, share food and fire!"

While the Iruxi celebrate, Nasha gestures towards the largest yurt.

"Follow. Elder Yiszco will want to speak with friend Sobok and good humans who return treasure."


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

Sobok motions to the others and follows along as Nasha leads them on. "I hope Elder Yiszco is doing well and that the tribe has remained healthy. It has been a while since I have been able to come for a visit."


Female Human Cleric Agility d8 Smarts d6 Spirit d8 Strenght d6 Vigour d8 Parry Size 0 Toughness

Fliss smirks at being refrerred to as a human, but goes with it. She figures that they all look alike to the lizardfolk.

Sorry for delay in posting, here now but not much to add


The interior of the elder's tent is claustrophobic and stuffy. Charms and talismans dangle from the supporting poles, and it is almost impossible to move without triggering a cacophony of jangling beads. A stone brazier of smoldering stones casts a sultry orange glow upon the yurt's single occupant, a wizened Iruxi shaman leaning heavily on a gnarled bone staff.

Reverently, Nasha places the thief's bag on the ground, beside the elder.

"Aaaahh," Yiszco sighs, nostrils flaring, "That which was lost has been found once more. See Nasha? I told you not to worry. These things have a habit of working themselves out.

Sobok, my old friend. It has been too long since your last visit. What brings you into our camp, so close to nightfall? Not even the most young and foolhardy Stonescale warrior would risk being caught out after dark.

Do not worry. The camp is protected by wards, upon which the shadow beasts may not encroach. You and your friends will be safe around our fire, this night.


Human | Pace 6 | Parry 7 | Size 0 | Toughness 9 - Ag d8 | Sm d6 | Sp d6 | Str d6 | Vig d8

Dom nods to Yiszco, "Thank you for your hospitality."


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

"My friends and I came looking for thieves and found ourselves stuck out here as the sun was sinking so I thought of seeking shelter here for the night. On the way we located your thief as well and retrieved the missing eggs. Thank you for letting us share your fire tonight." Sobok tells the older lizardman.


Elder Yiszco returns Dominic's friendly gesture, dipping his snout toward the smoldering coals.

"We bought these three eggs from a merchant at the Dusk Market, paid for in the metal coins that the humans hold so dear." Yiszco explains, "We hoped they would grow into strong allies and guardians of the tribe. Without your intervention, they would have been lost. You could have taken all the eggs and sold them yourself, but instead you bought them home. I would offer you a gift, choose one egg to raise yourself, a companion beast to aid you, as you have aided us."

The Iruxi elder carefully removes the three eggs from the thief's bag and lines them up in front of the party, waiting for Sobok to take his pick. The first egg is large and bumpy, with a reddish tint. The second egg is smaller, smooth and blue. The third egg is even larger than the first, and is pale green with livid orange spots.

If Sobok does choose an egg, it will hatch at some point in the future, at which time I'll ask for a roll on the Dinosaur Egg table I posted to the Discussion thread.

"As for your friends, please make yourselves at home. For tonight at least, you are all honourary members of the Stonescale tribe."

This presents an opportunity to try out the Interlude rules (SWADE, p130) if anyone is up for that.


Skills:
Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Listen +12, Spellcraft +2, Survival +15
Attacks:
[dice=Falchion Attack]d20+15[/dice][dice=Falchion Damage]2d4+10[/dice] [dice=Fire Breath Weapon 30 ft line- DC 17/19]4d6[/dice][dice=Recharge time]d4[/dice]
M Human (Baklunish) Barb 1/DS 9; HP 118/118 ; AC 23, T 14, FF 20; Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +8; Rage 2/3 (12 rounds); Current Aura= Senses [+2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot.]

"I would be honored by this gift. I will treasure it and take care of it." Sobok says and he will indicate the smallest of the three eggs.


Human | Pace 6 | Parry 7 | Size 0 | Toughness 9 - Ag d8 | Sm d6 | Sp d6 | Str d6 | Vig d8

Never tried that system before, i'd be OK doing that.


Female Human Cleric Agility d8 Smarts d6 Spirit d8 Strenght d6 Vigour d8 Parry Size 0 Toughness

Fliss gives a breif sigh of regret when she realises how much money they chould haev made. Oh well. Doing the right thing is expensive. As the elder welcomes them into their tribe, her stomach gives a growl remining her that's it's been a while since she ate.

I'm up for doing an ineterlude, sounds like an interesting rule system!


Female; Parry=7, Toughness=9(2), Bennies:3 Human

So, I guess we're waiting for you to draw a card for each of us, then we decide whether we're doing a Downtime, Backstory, or Trek for that suit?

351 to 398 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Council of Thieves / Savage Worlds Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.