[AP] Iron Gods by GM Rutseg

Game Master Balacertar

Chapter 3 - THE CHOKING TOWER

Current map
Treasure sheet

Iron Gods Player's Guide
Torch's Gazetteer - Torch's map - Numeria's map

Goals:
* Learn more about Unity
* Locate Casandalee's neurocam and AI core devices
✔️ Reunite with Baine and Meyanda
* Find allies to depose the rule of the Technic League
* Fight the Dominion of the Black


2,751 to 2,800 of 4,999 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

"If we're looking to sell things, there is also Hajoth Hakados to the far south. I traveled through it on the way up to Torch. It seems like the kind of place where you might be able to find a courier to take Chaance's message to Kyonin." (I see it on the map, not sure about it's buy/sell limits. It seems in the direction of Kyonin in case we want to make some effort to follow up Chaance's goal.)


Elf Huntress 10
Zzvkgrogk wrote:
"I think maybe making assumptions here is not useful, perhaps not even in a ‘thought experiment’ as you call it. You might set up the wrong expectation for yourself and be disappointed."

"I wouldn't presume to call Rhoreen's inquiry useless. Aren't we trying to understand these entities, what drives them? We can change our hypotheses as we acquire more data, of course."

Zzvkgrogk wrote:
"Who? What?! Ancient? Maybe, but didn’t Zagmaander say that all of this went down twenty years ago?”

"Yes, Zzvkgrogk. Zagmaander dealt with her curse for a short time in the hundreds of years she can live as a xill lifeform. I understand that you ratfolk are considered old after 30 years of life. What does your kind consider ancient?" The elf regards the ratfolk with light confusion.

Zzvkgrogk wrote:
"Say, Chaance what do you imagine happens if..."

"I'm sure you'll tell us." The elf is clearly losing patience with the ratfolk.

Rūha wrote:
"Chaance, do you have any contacts here in Numeria that might be able to make the journey? Or someone that might be able to cast that kind of powerful magic?"

Chaance frowns, and shakes her head. "If I had been fortunate to locate my brother, Revion, we could entrust him with the Rhu-Chalik's corpse. He would not fail me, would not fail Kyonin." She purses her lips in disappointment.

"We should inquire somewhere more... civilized."


Human (Kellid) He/Him

"Hey. Uh. A whisper in my ear reminded me we should talk to Dinvaya before we leave. Let her know how it is with the technic league out by Torch. Maybe we can give her a lift, if she wants to go back of course.”

”Other than that, I’m ready to travel! Sounds like Torch first, then Hajoth Hakados, then onward!”

Yambul will head with the others for a visit before they leave.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

”Come with me, Calliope, and the rest of you Zzvkith, and let’s pay respect to Clockmother Dinvaya for her hospitality to us here in Scrapwall. Besides, Calliope, I believe you have something of Clockfather Joram’s to give to her. They had many an adventure together, and well… maybe she doesn’t want to stay here any longer in Scrapwall. Torch might be a good place for her to be with ClockFather, and we can escort her.”

And maybe she’ll be able to dissuade you from drinking polluted swill again with Black Horse tribe jerks or anyone else!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson
Zzvkgrogk III wrote:
”Come with me, Calliope, and the rest of you Zzvkith, and let’s pay respect to Clockmother Dinvaya for her hospitality to us here in Scrapwall. Besides, Calliope, I believe you have something of Clockfather Joram’s to give to her.”

"Oh yeah, I guess now is the time to do that, now that we've done almost all we've wanted to do here, and more," Rhoreen will go handle the transfer of holy relics.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Dinvaya is ecstatic to discover you have put an end to the Lords of Rust and Hellion's terror. The half-elf has been so deeply working on her workshop she did not even know until you came with the news to her.

"Oh... Joram..." she picks up the holy symbol between her hands "He was so young and energetic. A very good person, probably should have not gotten so away from him. I wonder how has he changed all these years..."

The Clockmother puts some questions about the Technic League and although not completely sure she is not looked after anymore, she finally agrees to travel "Well, I think my help is not needed here anymore. And I definitely will enjoy having access to Torch's flame... to have some friends around... Just give me a couple of days so I can pack up everything I need"

The days passes and you all gather in Scrapwall's entrance to say your farewells. Redtooth is also there and seems to notice Zzvkgrogk hesitation between Scrapwall and the group adventures "My dear child, I cannot let slip the fact you stole that laser pistol and put the gang in a pretty tight situation with the Smilers. I have to make example from my own litter. That said, with all of the achievements you and your group have obtained, I think I can soften the punishment to just a year of exile for your mischief" she smiles and hugs Zzvkgrogk affectionately "Hope you enjoy discovering the world and bring high the name of the gang outside Scrapwall"

Anything I left open or unanswered?
Any last errand before we leave Scrapwall?


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

I guess one loose end is our little beetle bots that we bound up. Are they more cooperative now that Hellion isn't around? Maybe they can be tamed and turned into pets? :)

Rūha heads over to speak with Dinvaya as the group gathers up to leave together. "I'm glad you're coming back with us. Joram will be quite happy to see you again, I'm sure. And I expect both he and Khonnir could use your expertise." She looks out of Scrapwall's entrance "It will be quite the ride back. On the way, would it be alright if I interviewed you regarding Brigh's tenets and blessings? I have a theory I'd like to investigate, and I suspect Brigh might end up playing a role." She takes out some sheets of paper as a thought comes to her "Oh, and, does the name Casandalee mean anything to you?"

Don't have to RP it all out, but I figure Ruha as an educator and scholar of religions would not let the opportunity pass her by!


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Rhoreen is very happy to have Dinvaya with the party, and little interest more in staying in Scrapwall. There are things to do and report in Torch, and goods to be bought someplace.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul is ready to go I think.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

During your days in Scrapwall, Chaance pets the tiny robots and attempts to teach them a trick or two. Despite this, the ratfolk are unnerved by the sensors in the metallic critters and insist for them to not put foot on their den.
Chaance can use Wild Empathy as a sort of Handle Animal following the teach tricks if you want to toy around with the observers.

Dinvaya takes sit with you in one of the bikes "Casandalee you say? No, what do you mean Rūha?" the half-elf is happy to share with the Kasatha part of her knowledge about Brigh and will long talk during the trip "Sure, yes, Brigh is not only concerned about crafting, but he wants us to share what we learn, because it is by sharing that we can come up with even greater ideas. This is even motivating me more on this trip. I wonder what kind of things I can learn and teach in Torch after so much time away from civilization"

The morning passes quickly, and by the lunch time, you are already at Aldronard's Grave. The crusaders are ready when they see the cloud of dust approaching the fort, but receive you with cheerful shouts as they recognize you. Since you left new reinforcements have arrived, but Captain Andralen Kraklos and his group are still recovering at the fort "Good to see you. Seems your trip into Scrapwall was successful in the end"

You are invited to have lunch and talk about your adventures. The crusaders exchange stories about how things are going in the Worldwound. Most noticeable, the worrying new that Kenabres has recently fallen to a demon attack.

Zzvkgrogk and Chaance are also ready to go?


Elf Huntress 10

Chaance is thoroughly preoccupied with the Rhu-Chalik's corpse, she almost forgets about the observer robot in their custody. "Oh, Roo! Thank you for the reminder. Dinvaya, do you think you can learn anything from this construct? It's awfully powerful, and it no longer has a master. Perhaps you and Joram could modify it? Use it to protect Torch somehow?" Ooo, do we have more than one?

The elf considers what to do about travel, transportation, teleportation, anything that might help them communicate with Kyonin the dire evidence still in their possession. She fears decomposition, mainly.

Chaance is very interested in departure, because it brings them that much closer to arrival.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Know (History)
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 Know (Planes)

GM Rutseg wrote:
The crusaders exchange stories about how things are going in the Worldwound. Most noticeable, the worrying new that Kenabres has recently fallen to a demon attack.

"WHAT? Demons!? Outside the Worldwound!? NO!" Rhoreen stands up and throws up her hands. "Are you certain?! That can't be good. What...why are you here and not going there? We all depend on the wardstones stopping the demonic incursion." Rhoreen asks, having thought herself protected from the hordes of the Abyss for so long, maybe too long.


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

Yeah, we grabbed a second bug robot in the room right before Hellion.

Rūha drills Dinvaya with an ever expanding list of questions, taking notes all the while. Regarding Casandalee, Rūha nods and just says "Casandalee is a missing android, and someone we're interested in tracking down. For various reasons, I thought maybe Brigh would also be interested in her location. Or may already have revealed something to you. With gods, you never know." The edges of her eyes crinkle as she smiles behind her ever-present facemask.

The news of demons outside the Worldwound hits Rūha with far less concern. She's only vaguely aware that some kind of demonic portal persists to the far north-west.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)
GmRutseg wrote:
Despite this, the ratfolk are unnerved by the sensors in the metallic critters and insist for them to not put foot on their den.

"Heeey, Chaance -- we Ratfolk aren't keen on being spied on -- don't you suppose someone or thing might still be watching there?"

~~~

Redtooth wrote:
”I think I can soften the punishment to just a year of exile for your mischief.

Zzvkgrogk tears up a little, partly out of guilt, partly out of joy. ”I - I’m sorry everyone, for endangering you. I thought – I mean – it fit so well … Ah well – there’s no real excuse… but at least nasty Marlow couldn’t use this laser pistol against any of us.” He hangs his head in shame and hugs Redtooth back with great affection.

I was gonna retire… the Zzvkith don’t need me anymore...

”I shall endeavour to learn – so that I may gain knowledge that will help the Redtooth gang and their allies be safe here in Scrapwall.”

During the trip, he sticks close to Dinvaya, considering himself akin to a squire.

~~~
Zzvkgrogk is largely silent on the trip, but upon arriving at the grave of Aldronard and greeting the living Crusaders, he again pays his respect to Sarenae for her gifts at the Chapel, especially now for the flour and sugar he finds in stock.

I’m sure Brigh doesn’t mind. She’s a Big and Understanding Deity.

~~~

Rhoreen wrote:
NO!" Rhoreen stands up and throws up her hands.

Startled and having missed most of the conversation, Zzvkgrogk nearly drops the tray of black tea and lemon tea cakes he prepared for everyone.(Herbalism: 20 + 10 = 30) ”Demons?! Where?! Out of the Worldwound? Where’s ​​Kenabres? What are you on about, Calliope?!! Is it just the toxins you consumed kicking in again??”

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 He prepares some smelling salts and watches Rhoreen carefully for signs of inebriation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson
The Not Panicking Enough Rat wrote:
”Demons?! Where?! Out of the Worldwound? Where’s ​​Kenabres? What are you on about, Calliope?!! Is it just the toxins you consumed kicking in again??”

Rhoreen will look to the Crusaders and then at Zzvkgrogk, shaking her head. "Kenabres is that way, a good distance, but also somewhat close," Rhor waves her hand in a direction. "And the Worldwound is what it sounds like: a hole in the world that leads to the Ninth Hell or something. And demons. Lots of demons!"

Rhoreen looks at the crusaders again, and gives them the 'help me out here' gesture. Having seen the schools of Scrapwall, she shouldn't be surprised that this bit of general knowledge isn't known there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf Huntress 10

Chaance approaches Dinvaya with a request. "I don't know if your Brigh allows it, but can you use your divine magics to preserve the body of the Rhu-Chalik? If we're traveling together, I would be most grateful if you could maintain this... this evidence. I am out of my element. I only hope those more powerful than I can help us establish communication channels with Kyonin, so we might share what we've found here."

...

Zzvkgrogk wrote:
"Heeey, Chaance -- we Ratfolk aren't keen on being spied on -- don't you suppose someone or thing might still be watching there?"

Chaance regards their new beetle-like assets, while hearing the ratfolk's concerns. "You're suggesting that the beetles are to Hellion, what Hellion was to Unity? That's interesting. I certainly can't rule out that Unity Herself is here, looking at us through these aspherical lenses, but then again, I'm not nearly as paranoid as you are." Chaance winks at Zzvkgrogk. "Try to look past their shells."

"I think that these metallic carapaces are free of Hellion's influence. They will respond to our instructions, given time. Time away from Scrapwall, so your den won't need to worry about their presence." The elf nods to the ratfolk.

...

Talk of demons and the like hold little interest for Chaance. She likens the Worldwound to a termite infestation in the cellar boards, while the looming threat of a visit by the Dominion of the Black, or worse, the Dark Tapestry is more like the ogrekin at the stone walls, able to raze the castle to the ground.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Kellid) He/Him

”Kenabres… where’s that?” Yambul worries about demons, and he’s heard of the world wound, but only as a distant story. As he’s never met a demon, as far as he knows, the danger seems rather remote and unlikely. Still, hearing that anyplace is overrun by demons is no good.

Rhoreen Calliope wrote:
"WHAT? Demons!? Outside the Worldwound!? NO!" Rhoreen stands up and throws up her hands. "Are you certain?! That can't be good. What...why are you here and not going there? We all depend on the wardstones stopping the demonic incursion." Rhoreen asks, having thought herself protected from the hordes of the Abyss for so long, maybe too long.

He doesn’t know what a ‘wardstone’ is or why all the fuss, so he listens and tries to learn more. When Zzvkgrogk asks, he sits silently waiting for the answer.

Rhoreen Calliope wrote:
Rhoreen will look to the Crusaders and then at Zzvkgrogk, shaking her head. "Kenabres is that way, a good distance, but also somewhat close," Rhor waves her hand in a direction. "And the Worldwound is what it sounds like: a hole in the world that leads to the Ninth Hell or something. And demons. Lots of demons!"

Not knowing geography, Yambul asks, ”So which is it, close or far? Do we keep extra watches tonight?”

He enjoys their time with the crusaders. While the ride inbound with the wagon was uncomfortable, the ride on the bikes was in it's own way still uncomfortable. Still they’re much faster. A few breaks aside to stretch the legs and they’re still making rather excellent time.

Tired of eating other peoples food, he asks if he can help in the kitchen and gets something together for lunch that isn’t cold oily flat meat on stale bread.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Dinvaya examines the robots at Chaance request "Oh, these are some of those automatons from the ruins, isn't it? They are very different from clockwork and golems who are powered by magic and well studied in Brigh's code." the half-elf touches the observers checking metal and sensors "These things are powered by electricity instead, not magic. The bad thing is the Technic League covets the secrets of their way of working, and little is known outside their circles."

"Not an easy task without the resources of Silver Mount" she scratches her head pensive.
I would say repurposing a robot has the same requirements as creating one, but reducing the costs of gold and time to just a 10%.
After Dinvaya's speech, you are ready to see the Craft Robot feat

"That said, I have used pieces in the past to build my own creations, so, if you wish me to try, I can make these two to pieces and try to see what can I do with them" Dinvaya has the knowledge (and feats) to craft a recycled construct.

---

Seeing the impact of his words, Captain Andralen Kraklos makes an effort to recover the composure and fill in his chest "Well sure then, you do not have to fear, for the greatest knights through Golarion defend the line, and we will join them as soon as we are recovered!"

The group is happy to give Yambul access to the cooking fire, and the Kellid gives back a great meal. There are a bit more stories shared and the crusaders take the burden of the night watches "You can count on the Crusade to give the fight back, I am sure Sarenrae and Iomedae are not leaving us down here. But be careful while wandering around Numeria, There might some of those fiends escaping into these lands... if you do, remember this: use cold iron against demons and silver against daemons. Some of the hardest ones will require a blessed weapon to hurt though."

The crusaders offer to sell you part of their silver and cold iron weapons, silver and cold iron blanch, bless weapon oils, and align weapon scrolls and oils.

They also are interested to buy the +1 icy burst dagger, all of your simple and martial weapons, shields and armors, and any other object a knight can find use to fight in the Worldwound "Weapons for the Crusade!!!"

They are not interested though to buy any technological weapon and look at you quizzical when you try to explain how to use any of that.

The next day, Dinvaya prays to Brigh touching the remains of the Rhu-Chalik with gentle repose "That should preserve it pristine for a week"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson

I think I completely forgot that Numeria borders the Worldwound too. And so the warnings about demons should be taken seriously. Oof. Wouldn't want to be an adventurer right now. Good thing we're just normal Torchers who are going to back to their normal lives. But the good news is that if things get too hot in Numeria, we can easily go to uh...Ustalav and the uh, Whisper Way issues...uh, I mean, we can go east toward Brevoy and uh, oh no, the First World problems there...uh, no, uhm...maybe we'll go south to Razmir, which is completely normal and not under the control of psychotic god king.

Rhoreen is happy to help sell any of the items that might be of interest to the Crusaders though she's not sure how she could use any of their offered wares. She doesn't use many weapons or oils.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)
Chaance wrote:
" Time away from Scrapwall, so your den won't need to worry about their presence."

Zzvkgrogk looks down at the observer bot then back to Chaance... and nods. ”Thanks.”

However, he takes a closer look.
KnowEng: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 Are the still transmitting?

~~~~

The trusty Squire studies everything he can about robot creation, and watches Dinvaya carefully as she performs the recycling feat.

WOW!!!

"ClockMother Dinvaya, when you say equipment at Silver Mount -- what do you mean? Are there laboratories there too?"

~~~
When the Crusaders start offering trade items, Zzvkgrogk considers.

Demons, cold iron? Daemons, silver? I always thought they were kinda the same thing... blessed weapon? He begins to feel overwhelmed with the permutations.

"Er, may I see your Weapons Scrolls?"

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 3 Second
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Sheild
(1st) Detect Metal
(2nd) Identifier’s Eye
(2nd) See Invisibility
(2nd) Detect Thoughts
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, -2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 33/33 ()
AC: 17 / 15 / 13 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
AC Current: 17
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 43/50
Radiation Detector (6/10 charges)
Neraplast Armor Charges: 18/24
Laser Pistol (Charges): 10/10
Batteries Charged): 18/18
Empty Battieries: 0 /21
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 8 / 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul, assuming the others agree, is happy to sell them the dagger. It was the one thing they might not find a buyer for in Torch, so this is an auspicious event! He immediately doles out the proceeds in case folks want to stock up on stuff while they’re here.

Party Divvy
Each member receives 1,830gp.

Yambul also picks up four Oils of Bless Weapon (1) (50gp ea, x4) 200gp and four Holy Water vials (25gp ea, x4) 100gp assuming they have plenty. (-300gp total)

He enjoys their time with the crusaders, but once lunch is over (and Yambul has helped clean the kitchen), he’s ready to proceed onward. He wishes the forces much luck!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Iron Gods: Iron maps;

"Laboratories... yes. They say there is that kind of advanced technology there in Silver Mount." Dinvaya states positively to Zzvkgrogk's question.

Zzvkgrogk:

You think the observers are certainly observing. The radio signal though is probably too short to reach more than a few miles distance. So probably no one listening to their observations right now.

About the crusaders, they basically can offer weapons and scrolls to fight the demons back in the Worldwound. Anything in particular you were looking for?

Things like align weapon scroll or oils are available.

Yambul is settles the sell and receives back what he wanted, including the holy water vials.

You give farewell to the crusaders just as a new group arrives from the south. The trip back to Torch takes you way less than a day, and time before sunset you spot the raising flame of Torch in the sky.
8 charges consumed from each bike

Pressing the boost mechanism of the bikes you make it up the hill through the main road, and soon the buildings and streets of Torch take form. Something calls your attention though, there is no one walking the streets, and three figures stand guarding the entrance, one of them, a bulky large robot standing over stout, multi-jointed legs.

Interlude 2-3: Torch's Grasp by GM Rutseg

The two humans are unarmored but give you the halt with their longspears barring you the pass "Stop there! The Torch is now under direct control of the Technic League. If you come to forge, proceed to the Council, new rules oblige to pay for the proper license"

Dinvaya puts on her hoodie, veiling her face as much as it allows.

The guard woman looks you up and down "These ones look more like ruin scavengers, Bob"

The robot starts to beep and bit "ଏକାଧିକ ବେଆଇନ ଟେକ୍ନୋଲୋଜି ଚିହ୍ନଟ ହୋଇଛି | ଲେଜର ପିସ୍ତଲ ଚିହ୍ନଟ | ବ୍ୟାଟେରୀ ଚିହ୍ନଟ | ନିର୍ବାହକାରୀ ଚିହ୍ନଟ | ସ୍ପେସ୍ ସୁଟ୍ ଚିହ୍ନଟ | ମ୍ୟାଗବଟ୍ ଚିହ୍ନଟ | ଏକାଧିକ ଗ୍ରେନେଡ ଚିହ୍ନଟ |"

Androffan:

"Multiple illegal technology identified. Laser pistol identified. Batteries identified. Extinguisher identified. Spacesuits identified. Magboots identified. Multiple grenades identified. Android identified. Observer robots identified."

"Ho ho! You come well loaded. Ok, you can pass, you have 2 hours to sell your technological goods to Technic League approved agents." the man pulls back the longspear letting you go in "Any possession of technology past that time will be prosecuted"

K. engineering DC 19:

This is a strange robot. The arms seem equipped with some kind of integrated sonic disruptors, able to generate damaging sounds or generating a blinding ray of light. Also, the shell seems protected with a reactive alloy, that protects against precision damage and criticals. Like light fortification but also damaging back with fire when a crit is negated.
DC 24
Spoiler:

You know all about warden robots.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

Androffan

I knew it!!! I KNEW IT! Gotta be Chaance!

Zzvkgrogk eyes start to sparkle with excitement to the point he looks like his head might explode. He swiftly yet somehow silently kicks Chaance in the shin with a soft leather boot (having short scrawny legs there’s not a whole lot of torque behind it to hurt even if he wanted it to).

KnowEngDC19: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

He reacts to the guards by turning to his companions and rolling his eyes in complete disgust as if he is not the least bit surprised. The Technic League.

"Fine."

He starts making his way past the guards, his eyes now glowing in anger. We'll go see to the Council...

Once out of earshot, he tells everyone about Warden Robots.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson

”There’s the Torchflame! We’re almost home!” Rhoreen guns her cycle as she is anxious to return, and return so coolly…on cyclebikes, no less. ”RACE YOU THERE! Last one in has to charge up the bikes!”

…and she skids to a halt when she sees the machines, her expected joy draining away. She listens to the Andoffan being spoken.

”What the f##$?!”

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30 Know (Engineering)

And she begins to discreetly magic herself up. Extended Heroism, and expect that Mage Armors were already cast (12 hours extended) (Ruha too).

When the party is out of earshot, she will join Zzvkgrogk in explaining about Warden Robots.


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

Rūha steps slightly forward to help obscure distract from Dinvaya when the Technic League guards are interrogating the group. She's surprised for a moment at the speed at which the robot identifies the group's technology, but then also notes what it missed. It seems the Technic League isn't aware of every kind of tech, Androffan or otherwise.

She nods to Zzvk as he gives the appearance of acquiescing to the guards and follows him into town. Once past the guards, she says "I suppose the Technic League would have heard the news as well, of the Torch's reignition. Let's see what Khonnir, Joram and Dolga have to say about the circumstances."

As the group goes through the town, she looks out for other Technic League agents to get a sense for how entrenched they are.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul doesn't speak Androffan, and doesn't speak engineering either, but he knows abuse when he sees it. He almost makes a point of it right then and there, but the smart folk seemed keen on entering without bloodshed so he keeps his hands away from his weapons and follows.

When they get into town a ways and he hears from the others how tough a robot that is, he frowns. "They were supposed to be waning, but they seem on the rise. What the hell?"

He nods at Rüha's suggestion to talk to the smart folk and see what's what before doing anything untoward.

He follows along to the house, wondering how he'll hide his chainsaw, let alone his cycle, from the evil overlords.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

You move into the city, warned, but unmolested otherwise.

Rūha looks around to find abnormally low activity at this time of the day when people is often coming back home from work. The general store is open, but Iven’s Livery Stable is closed.

At the far side of the street, in the Market Square, there seems to be some activity. The Foundry Tavern is half the way to there, but the Town Hall requires taking the other street to the north-west.

Perception DC 20:

You spot some figures, likely troops by the look of it, doing the road up the hill to the torch.

As everyone has called for a different location to visit, I will need some kind of agreement. I have moved Torch's map to the top, and set Zzvkgrogk's token to locate the party's position.


F Half-elf Craftsperson

1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 = 29 Perception

Huh.

Rūha wrote:
"Let's see what Khonnir, Joram and Dolga have to say about the circumstances."

”Khonnir first,” Rhoreen agrees, heading that direction. ”He’ll want to know we’re back first.” Rhoreen has smugly decided that the party should visit Khonnir first.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

"Ah, yes. I was thinking the same. Good to check in on Meyanda and Val and Baine. I wonder if that android is reformed, or if she managed to garner some bad influence here," Zzvkgrogk ponders.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

As you approach to the Foundry, you notice the tavern's door is open. Making your way in you find the place completely in disarray, with unclean dishes and half-eaten meals all around.

In the middle of the central dinning room, there are four men and a woman. Two of them have their heads sunk on the table next to a tankard of ale, while the one on the counter is sniffing the gasses of a boiling concoction that reminds you to the numerian fluids of Tek Makul encounter. This one seems to notice you the first one, he looks up at you, his eyes shinning with an unnatural blue, and seems to take notice at the technology you are carrying "Hei there, reinforcements?" he breaths deep the smoke once more "Care to join the party?"

There is no trace of Khonnir or Val, or any other regular attendant, only these strangers.

K. geography or local DC 10:

These people dressing style and accent is from Starfall.

K. nobility DC 10:

Easy to realize these are all Technic Leaguers.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12 (untrained, max DC 10)

Yambul reigns in his anger, briefly, and demands, "Where's Khonnir? Where's Val?" He naturally gravitates to the kitchen and pokes his head in.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 (looking about in the kitchen)


F Half-elf Craftsperson

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13 Know (Geography)

Ah. Starfallers. Starfallen? I don't know what they are called, but they are starjerks for sure.

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26 Know (Nobility)

And Technojerks for sure. Definitely Technojerks. Obviously.

Rhoreen looks around for signs of what might have happened to Khonnir.

1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23 Perception


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

KnowLocal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Untrained
KnowNob: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Untrained
Zzvkgrogk frowns, then glowers at the Starfellas.

SpellCraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 Arcane sight for technology?

He lets the men decide for themselves -- as judged by Yambul's body language whether or not the Zzvkith want to 'join the party'. He simply folds his arms in front of his chest in expectation of at least an answer.

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 3 Second
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Sheild
(1st) Detect Metal
(2nd) Identifier’s Eye
(2nd) See Invisibility
(2nd) Detect Thoughts
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, -2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 33/33 ()
AC: 17 / 15 / 13 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
AC Current: 17
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 43/50
Radiation Detector (6/10 charges)
Neraplast Armor Charges: 18/24
Laser Pistol (Charges): 10/10
Batteries Charged): 18/18
Empty Battieries: 0 /21
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 8 / 8


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

Noticing that the rest of the party seems to be spreading out, and not liking the look of these strangers, Rūha closes the door to the tavern behind her once everyone is inside. She looks to see if any of them are carrying any weapons or have any visibly problematic looking gear. "What exactly is the reason for celebration? I may not be from around here, but I was not aware that there was a holiday coming up. Or holiday week." She gestures at the piled up dishes, pointing out that the celebration has been going for a while.

KN Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
KN Nobility: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

"Khonnir and Val? Who are those? If you refer to the girl that was here when we arrived, she ran away at first sight and never made it back." although the others seem a bit impressed by Yambul's aggressive tone, the one in the counter answers the Kellid calmly while taking another sniff of the smokes.

Yambul finds the kitchen in total disarray, supplies had been ransacked and there is little food left and only just so much water.

Rhoreen sees no other sign of Khonnir Baine. With her knowledge of the faction ranks and workings, she also knows with their lack of tech, these ones are only lower rank Technic Leaguers.

Zzvkgrogk notices they are carrying a varied sort of weapons, like rapiers, maces, and also have potions and a few scrolls with them.

The woman by the wall answers Rūha "Oh, but we are celebrating that we took the techno-ruins under our control. Those pesky Torchers thought they could can conceal them from the Technic League, but we were informed anyway. Every piece of tech in Numeria is ours."

The one in the counter clears his nose and asks demanding "But who are you? What are you doing here?"

Rhoreen: mage armor 6 h, heroism 60 min
Rūha: mage armor 6 h


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson

’Starfellas’?! Oh, that wins it! That’s exactly what they are called.

Rhoreen squints her eyes and tries not to get her hackled raised by the words. She looks at Yambul and nods to the door, trying to think of where Khonnir and the others might be hiding.

”Let’s try the foundry.”

Should be 12 hours of mage armor & 2 hours of heroism because gift rod of extend.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Feeling a bit early in the day for open war, Yambul says "Fine. Don't move."

And he strides back out into the streets. He'll follow Rhoreen to the smithy or the foundry, wherever she is headed, hoping for more information there.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

Zzvkgrogk growls lowly under his breath and glances at Rūha at the locked door before turning again to the room.

”But we are already at The Foundry, and it looks as though it could use a some tidying up.”

A bunch of addicts — let’s hope the only warden robot is the one stationed at the entrance…


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

Rūha's eyebrows raise at the by-now-familiar refrain from the Technic Leaguers. All tech was theirs? Might as well claim all the water and all the air, for as much good as that would do. She waves off the one who asked what the group is doing. "We'll be back to talk more. In a hurry for now." She follows Yambul out, agreeing with Rhor to try the neighboring buildings to try to find Khonnir or Val.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Zzvkgrogk points to the other buildings of the Foundry while Rūha excuses the group.

The foundry is completely cold, with all items and tools in disarray as if someone has been looking for something here. None seems broken though and the place might need just some tidying.

The house door has been forced also but making it in, you find it has been mostly respected. You do find out Khonnir's clothing and tools are not in the house, while Val's ones are in, but there is no trace of the girl.

Survival (tracking) DC 20:

From the signs at the house and the foundry, it seems Khonnir and Meyanda are not here for days already, while Val must have been living here until recently, but seems she rushed out of the place.

There are traces that a few people have been registering the house a bit lazily.

Perception DC 15:

You find Val's mug totally out of place, sitting near the hanger where Zzvkgrogk's hammock used to be when he was sleeping in the Foundry. It is almost as if she left in a rush a subtle hint for you to find her.

The mug is full of pipe's water, crystalline and clear of any sulfur smell.

Rhoreen: mage armor 12 h, heroism 120 min
Rūha: mage armor 12 h


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28 Heightened Awareness

Zzvkgrogk wanders over to where his old hammock used to be and inspects a mug he finds there.

“Look, it’s Val’s,” he whispers, ”and it’s still full of fresh tap water— no toxic swill here! She could still be nearby!”

He looks around for clues, bringing the mug (careful not to spill its contents).

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21

Heightened Awareness, 1 hour

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 3 Second
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Sheild
(1st) Detect Metal
(2nd) Identifier’s Eye
(2nd) See Invisibility
(2nd) Detect Thoughts
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, -2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 33/33 ()
AC: 17 / 15 / 13 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
AC Current: 17
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 43/50
Radiation Detector (6/10 charges)
Neraplast Armor Charges: 18/24
Laser Pistol (Charges): 10/10
Batteries Charged): 18/18
Empty Battieries: 0 /21
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 8 / 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Kellid) He/Him

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Yambul looks around, and nods at what Zzvkgrogk found.

"Yeah, and look at these tracks. Val has been here recently as you say, but Khonnir and Meyanda have been gone a while. We should focus on Val... her trail is fresher and she likely knows where the others are. Or she can at least give us a lead."

If Val was here recently, he'll look to track her if he can.

Survival: 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 3 = 27 (tracking)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf Huntress 10

Dishing with Dinvaya:

Dinvaya wrote:
"That said, I have used pieces in the past to build my own creations, so, if you wish me to try, I can make these two to pieces and try to see what can I do with them."

Chaance surprises herself as she feels something like protectiveness over the two separate autonomous? beetles. "Well, maybe. Later? Let me spend some time with them. Set them to guard, protect? When they have served, sacrificed, perhaps then their parts can be repurposed..."

Reprogram/Wild Empathy, Beetle Dee: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Reprogram/Wild Empathy, Beetle Dum: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Chaance actually gives Dinvaya a hug when the Rhu-Chalik is preserved by the woman's magical treatment of the body. "I don't know how to repay you. Your gesture will be seen as deeply significant, when this proof reaches the Court of the Queen, and we can begin the awakening."

Trading with Crusaders:

Chaance happily avails herself of the blanches offered up.
2 Cold Iron
2 Silver
4 Holy Water Vials

Zzvkgrogk wrote:
He swiftly yet somehow silently kicks Chaance in the shin with a soft leather boot (having short scrawny legs there’s not a whole lot of torque behind it to hurt even if he wanted it to).

Chaance looks down on Zzvkgrogk, nonplussed. "Again, with the lack of restraint." The elf regards her shin for traces of Torch dirt along the stitching of her finely crafted elven boots.

She is rapt with the ratfolk's description of this new kind of robot. "I wonder how salvageable it is..."

Chaance is content following the crew through Torch, looking for Baine et al. but she's put off by the Technic in town.

Knowledge(Geography), automade

Chaance is made uneasy by the sudden presence of Starfall. She doesn't like their tone, doesn't like their hubris.

Survival(Tracking) v DC 20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

It distracts her mightily. "There is nothing rewarding here. Should we reunite the clockmother and clockfather?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +19 | Advice 11/16 SF 11/11 Ki 7/11 | Active Status: --

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Rūha ponders the cup of water for a moment, fingers of one hand up to her temple, before saying "She already gave us a lead, I suspect. We should quietly make our way to the town's water treatment- er, to Crowfeather Palace. If I recall correctly, Khonnir was involved in that place, and its out of the way enough, and mundane enough, that it may have been a good hiding place for all three of them."


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Rhoreen listens to the wise observations of her companions. She’s glad that Yambul thinks he has a lead, because she doesn’t see it.

”Yeah, Ruha’s right. Let’s get to the Palace.”


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)

”Right, the water treatment Palace it is! Let’s be as unseen as possible. Hopefully anyone who might be watching is distracted by their toxic swill.”


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Stealth:

Chaance: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Rhoreen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Rūha: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Yambul: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Zzvkgrogk: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

You made a rush to the Crowfeather Palace trying to be as deceitful as possible. Fortunately there is not much activity at the town nor there is any alarm and the Leaguers are not much attentive to your doings.

The contaminated waters running from the Weeping Pond collect in the Crowfeather Lake. The structure beneath shows an almost miniaturized palatial facade, the building pouring clean water downstream, the machines inside causing a resounding tremor.

You make it inside where it is quite noisy and start to look among the pipes and gears that compose the huge structure. It is not long before you hear a familiar voice coming from a shadowy corner.

"Oh dear, is it you Yambul? Zzvkgrogk? Rhoreen?" Val's figure appears and rushes into your arms "Brigh be blessed you are here! The Technic League has taken the city! I did not know what to do, I was hopping you or Khonnir will make it back and do something. Maybe we should run away and hide in a different land"

Suddenly realizing about all the new gear you are carrying she startles back "Oh, but, how did it go in Scrapwall? Were your fears confirmed?"


F Half-elf Craftsperson

"Val!" Rhoreen rushes to offer Val a hug. "Yes, it's me! And yes, Yambul too." Rhor lessens her hug to allow Val to see the others. "We were successfuly, very! Obviously," she smugs in answer to the question.

"But what happened here? Tell us everything! Where is Khonnir?" Rhoreen asks (and is happy to relate their story when they have time, but this doesn't seem like the time).


Human (Kellid) He/Him
GM Rutseg wrote:
"Brigh be blessed you are here! The Technic League has taken the city! I did not know what to do, I was hopping you or Khonnir will make it back and do something. Maybe we should run away and hide in a different land"

”Don’t mind us - we did well! Do you know how many of these Technic Leaguers there are? Is there a resistance group?”

Yambul peppers the poor woman for strategic information about the enemy hoping they can take them down. He’s focused, and eager, and probably pesters her a bit overmuch in his excitement and anger.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 9 / Lvl 1 (Alchemist / Thief)
Val wrote:
"Oh, but, how did it go in Scrapwall? Were your fears confirmed?"

”Oh Val!” Zzvkgrogk hops from side to side shuffling up – failing to hide his glee. ”You’re safe!” He looks at her quite seriously. ”Thanks for holding down the Torch front!” he exclaims, though worrying about Baine, Clockfather Joram and Dolga. ”Scrapwall is in good hands, and we defeated Hellion and his ilk. But -- Torch! Did everyone already leave to hide in other lands? Did the robot Meyanda get out of hand?”

Heightened Awareness

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 3 Second
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Sheild
(1st) Detect Metal
(2nd) Identifier’s Eye
(2nd) See Invisibility
(2nd) Detect Thoughts
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, -2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 33/33 ()
AC: 17 / 15 / 13 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
AC Current: 17
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 43/50
Radiation Detector (6/10 charges)
Neraplast Armor Charges: 18/24
Laser Pistol (Charges): 10/10
Batteries Charged): 18/18
Empty Battieries: 0 /21
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 8 / 8

2,751 to 2,800 of 4,999 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] Iron Gods by GM Rutseg - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.