GM Doug's Fate in the Future [NostalgiaCon] (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Slides |Macros


1 to 50 of 560 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

This is a play-by-post special of PFS2E 3-99 for Nostalgiacon.

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Elf Garundi Monk 5 | HP 68/68 | AC 24/25/26 (24 Currently) |F: +11, R: +13, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 35ft | Focus Points: 1/2 |Ki Strike, Perfect Strike| Active conditions: None.

Dotting in

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 6 | HP 74/74| AC 24 (25 w/ parry) | Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 (+14 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Active conditions:

A tall Ulfen man stands quietly waiting to be told which team to report with. He is wearing leathers, and has a good number of weapons; something not unusual for Pathfinders. A rapier and main gauche seem to be his primary tools, though a decent looking short composite bow is also strapped to his back.


”FIshhead” | Male N Small Kobold Rougue 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration ( ?????? ) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

A lithe young woman with stark white hair stares provocatively at others, silently daring you to advance and either provoke or caress her. Her fingernails are overlong and sharpened, and she carries a wooden staff with strange trinkets tied to it. Close by, a white fox with seven tails watches other warily, ready to defend the woman if necessary.

Feyia's image


”Seelah” | Female LG Medium Human Champion 5 | HP 78/78 | AC 23 (25 w/ Shield) | 2 hero points | F +12 R +8 W +10 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Defend) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

A tall woman in shining armor softly clanks up to the group. She pulls off her helm, showing neatly braided hair that dangles just above the longsword strapped to her back that bears a symbol of the Inheritor. She gives both Fafrd and Feiya a nod. "Iomedae's light be upon you. Are you the group I was told to meet with?"


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Pathfinders hustle about the grounds of Woodsedge Lodge in the nation of Galt. They're checking in, mustering in units, unloading and delivering supplies, cooking, and socializing. The atmosphere is tense but excited. You are to embark upon a mission into The Maze of the Open Road, a place of legend that few Pathfinders have had the honor of traversing.

The Maze itself lies behind the Woodsedge hall; it looks just like a garden labyrinth, but it's actually a tangle of interdimensional pathways that lead to places all around Golarion… and far beyond. It was built long ago by Forest King Narven Feathereyes as a gift for Society and has been repaired and maintained by the Pathfinder Eliza Petulengro, as well as other famous Pathfinders, in recent years.

Today, rumors swirl. They say the maze is malfunctioning again. This has led to intense speculation among the gathering Pathfinders, and you suspect that it's why you're here.

Cutting through chaos and gossip alike, Venture-Captain Armeline Jirneau takes the lead, ensuring everyone gathers in their assigned units and tends to their duties.

Map and lodge art on slide 1 to orient yourself within the world. Art of the VC is on slide 2.

If you haven't introduced your character yet, please do so!

Grand Archive

N M Elf (ancient) Cleric 6 | HP 60 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +14 | Perc +14, Low-light Vision | Speed 30 ft | Focus 1/1 | Spells 1st: 4/4 2nd: 4/4 3rd: 6/6 | Hero Points: 1 | Reactions: Recognize Spell (A +12 [E], N +12 [T], O +9 [T], R +14 [E])

An elf with long white hair pulls his cloak tighter around his shoulders as he strides through the crowds towards the assigned meeting place. The left side of the woolen outercoat is black with a white silk lining, while the right is white with black lining. A small, similarly-divided silver mask - a holy symbol of Nethys, the god of magic - hangs on a chain around his neck.

"Greetings!" he intones dramatically, spreading his arms wide as he approaches the other Pathifnders. "What a wonderful day to explore the secrets of magic, is it not?" He thumps his staff against the ground for added emphasis, and gentle light travels up and down the intricate sigils inscribed upon the wood in response.

Need to level up his profile later today, but for CR-calculation purposes Maldlethu is a lvl 5 cleric.

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Elf Garundi Monk 5 | HP 68/68 | AC 24/25/26 (24 Currently) |F: +11, R: +13, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 35ft | Focus Points: 1/2 |Ki Strike, Perfect Strike| Active conditions: None.

A Garundi man of average height makes his way through the crowd. He wears simple explorer's clothing and carries himself with an air of confidence. The hint of points on his ears marks him as a Half-Elf.

Greetings, I am Siddhartha. I believe I am assigned to this group for this mission.


”Seelah” | Female LG Medium Human Champion 5 | HP 78/78 | AC 23 (25 w/ Shield) | 2 hero points | F +12 R +8 W +10 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Defend) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Seelah extends a gauntleted hand to both Maldlethu and Siddhartha. "Greetings to the both of you as well. It is a wonderful day for exploring, but I'm not sure how I feel about exploring magic that is malfunctioning. That sounds like a it might just lead to pointless deaths, but if there's need to explore it, it's heartening to have someone versed in the ways of the god of magic himself. And encouraging to have someone who doesn't seem to need weapons."

She pulls out a few packs of something from her pack and sets them down on the ground with a large sheet of some solid fabric. "I thought we'd have some time, so I took the liberty of getting some food from a shop in town. While we wait for things to settle and the rest of our group to assemble, why not partake of some refreshments. The store had some roast pork that smelled amazing and normally I'd never buy such a luxury for myself but if I were to share..."

Horizon Hunters

A gentleman with white hair and a neatly kempt beard walks up to the group. He carries a staff and has an assortment of pouches and wands attached to his belt. “I too can feel the magic waiting for us in The Maze, and am eager to explore it.”

He turns to Seelah ”Thank you, I would very much like to try the roast pork. I thought it smelt amazing on my walk through town as well. I am Ezren by the way.” He reaches out to shake everyone’s hand.


”FIshhead” | Male N Small Kobold Rougue 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration ( ?????? ) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Feiya grabs some pork and pats Seelah on her armor "Don't worry Seelah, I will not let the magic to kill you..." she eats the threat and smiles wickedly to the champion

The fox walks in between humans legs and Feiya hears the voice in her head

Fewer teeth! Show fewer teeth you are frightening them!

She looks at Ezren "Wow you must have seen it all, nothing surprises you old sport huh?"

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 6 | HP 74/74| AC 24 (25 w/ parry) | Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 (+14 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Active conditions:

”Fafrd, known to some as the Grey Mouse” says the tall Ulfen in introduction. ”I guess I was also assigned to this team. By blades and my bow are at your service. I am also a trained medic, though it can be hard to treat wounds in battle, as I tend to use two weapons. But, I can do that if needed, and am pretty good at treating wounds quickly out of combat. ”

Expert in medicine with assurance, battle medicine, ward medic, and continual recovery

”In a fight I tend to prefer to focus on melee, but can do all right with my short bow if needed .”

Has both hunters shot and twin takedown.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N M Elf (ancient) Cleric 6 | HP 60 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +14 | Perc +14, Low-light Vision | Speed 30 ft | Focus 1/1 | Spells 1st: 4/4 2nd: 4/4 3rd: 6/6 | Hero Points: 1 | Reactions: Recognize Spell (A +12 [E], N +12 [T], O +9 [T], R +14 [E])

"A feast!" The aged elf smiles delightedly at Seelah's offer. "I am Maldlethu, priest of Nethys, and it is my honor to bring something magical to this meal! Now, what are we lacking? A table!" With arms flailing wildly, he conjures a translucent disc of force that hovers off the ground and hums softly. Maldlethu takes a seat on the ground next to the disc and gestures for his new companions to do the same.

It's his one arcane spell slot, but it's good for 8 hours in this edition. XD


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

We begin :)

Armeline jogs over to your group. Alchemical bottles and detective lenses clatter about on her bandolier; her fingers are stained with ink, and her bag is stuffed with the calipers, cloths, tweezers, powders, string, and measuring instruments. She glances into a notebook. "Siddhartha, Feiya, Fafrd, Ezren, Seelah, and Maldlethu." She looks at you and nods. "Yep, you're all present and accounted for! And I see you've found each other. Well done." She reaches onto the table of force and helps herself to some roast pork. "And you come VERY well-prepared! Excellent."

"I'm sure you're wondering why we're here. I'll brief everyone on the mission soon. First, we have some logistics to take care of, and I was wondering if you'd help." She points across the room. "See the Pathfinders over there?" Faction leaders Calisro Benarry of the Horizon Hunters, Eando Kline of the Vigilant Seal, and Urwal of the Verdant Wheel are chatting with a halfling and a suli man; the halfling has a warm smile, and a tiny stone elephant prances through the air around the Suli man's head. "I’m sure you know the faction leaders. The two others, do you know them? The halfling woman is Head Initiate Janira Gavix. And the Suli man is Ashasar, a planar specialist and liaison between the Pathfinder Society and the Concordance of Elements. In case you don't know, the Concordance is an ancient and multi-planar organization focused on the balance among the four elemental planes." Art on Slides 2 & 3

"They'll be helping lead our mission over the coming days. As some of the more senior Pathfinders here, could you check in with them and see if they need assistance with anything? Oh, and I could use a hand finishing the musters, too.”

✶✶✶

Preparations… for Adventure!

The Pathfinders need help with logistics and supplies! We will have a skill challenge before the mission briefing. Everyone can attempt each task once or Aid instead of making an attempt themselves; the group will use the highest single result out of all the rolls. You do not have to attempt all of the checks — just the ones you want to. You can also try to sell me on an alternate skill for a task; if you do so, please preemptively include a dice roll so that we can keep moving.

Escort Wayward Friends with Urwal DC 20 Nature, Perception, Survival):
Urwal walks amid the gathered Pathfinders. He checks each person’s face before shaking his head and moving on to the next. “There are Pathfinders unaccounted for. Although the upcoming mission will be dangerous, Galt is not a land it would do to get lost in. Find our wayward companions and bring them here so no one gets left behind.”

Last Meal with Calisro Benarry (DC 20 Cooking Lore, Society, Survival):
Calisro clutches at her stomach as it grumbles loudly. “Just in time! I’m starving! Go lend the Lodge’s serving staff a hand so everyone can have a proper meal before this mission gets underway. We can’t set out on an empty stomach!”

Magical Investigations with Ashasar DC 20 Arcana, Nature, Occultism, Religion):
Ashasar stands outside a magnificent hedge maze, examining it with interest; his miniature elephant dances on a tiny raincloud. “This is the fabled Maze of the Open Road. Our divinations indicate the maze’s misalignment is due to an outside source beyond the maze and not a problem with the maze itself. Still, I prefer to conduct a second assessment to ensure nothing’s changed. I’d like you to assist by gathering magical readings—just don’t enter the maze!”

Help Armeline with Mustering DC 20 Diplomacy, Perception, Society):
Armeline proffers a long list of names. “I’ve organized all the Pathfinders into teams of between four and six agents. Take this list and help everyone gather in their assigned units.”

Offer Reassurances with Janira DC 20 Deception, Diplomacy, Performance:
Janira smiles and waves, then hurries over to say hello. “Do you have a second to lend me a hand? I brought along a few dozen newly graduated Pathfinders, but they’re worried about the upcoming mission. I know they’re ready for this, but the scale of it all is setting them on edge. Could you talk to the rookies? Some conversation and encouragement will help settle their nerves.”

Sort Supplies with Kline (DC 20 Athletics, Society, Survival):
Eando sifts through crates and wagons, divvying gear up into piles. “Help me sort this equipment according to the supply list, then deliver it to the assembling teams. We need to ensure everyone is well equipped for the upcoming mission.”

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Elf Garundi Monk 5 | HP 68/68 | AC 24/25/26 (24 Currently) |F: +11, R: +13, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 35ft | Focus Points: 1/2 |Ki Strike, Perfect Strike| Active conditions: None.

I endeavor to be helpful, wherever I can

Perception for Escort Wayward Friends with Urwal (DC 20 Nature, Perception, Survival):

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Siddhartha excels at spotting and rounding up wayward pathfinders.
Hey, you, we're over here, and you're going the wrong way.

Survival for Last Meal with Calisro Benarry (DC 20 Cooking Lore, Society, Survival):

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Didn't you say this pound of Black Pepper went into this recipe?
Apparently, Siddhartha has no taste

Perception for Help Armeline with Mustering (DC 20 Diplomacy, Perception, Society):

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

I can spot everyone, I just have a hard time directing people where to go.
Not successful with getting people into the right groups.

Athletics for Sort Supplies with Kline (DC 20 Athletics, Society, Survival):

Athletics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Siddhartha easily moves the heavy boxes to the desired locations.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Siddhartha and Urwal find all the missing Pathfinders who went the wrong way. The monk also excels at moving crates of supplies, achieving all of Kline's tasks with lightning speed! Critical successes!

However, Armeline is simply overwhelmed with all the people Siddartha sends to her. And Benarry's belch is rather… peppery. GAH! That ain't no proper way ta spice up a meal, Siddartha! Tastes like galley gruel! The corsair washes the food down with some clear liquor.

✶✶✶

Preparations… for Adventure! Bold is up:

See post above for checks and DCs.

Ezren
Fafrd
Feiya
Maldlethu
Seelah

Siddhartha

──────────
TASK STATUS:
──────────
Crit successes have the max level of rewards for the group and can be skipped.

Escort Mission: Completed with Critical Success
Last Meal: No Successes
Magical investigations: No Successes
Mustering: No Successes
Reasure Recruits: No success
Sort Supplies: Completed with Critical Success


”FIshhead” | Male N Small Kobold Rougue 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration ( ?????? ) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Escort Mission:

Nature: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Feiya heads out to find and bring back the lost pathfinders, but she quickly gets distracted by a crate of supplies containing bottles of wine. So she grabs a few for future use.


Last Meal:

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Feiya is no stranger to tough missions and coming from the north she knows that the meal should be full of fat. The taste is a less important matter. As long as it has nutrition one should not waste their time with preparations...

Magical investigations:

Occultism, expert: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

The witch tries to aid, but there is something in Ashazar eyes that keeps distracting her, despite her vast knowledge she is not very useful here.

Mustering:

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

"Oh Feiya, get yourself together, otherwise you will be that useless witch..." She goes through the list and split up with Daji to cover more ground.

Reasure Recruits:

Performance, untrained improvisation: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Feiya look at the scared faces and sighs, she hits the box to catch everyone's attention and begins to dance. She uses her magic to surround herself with a colorful mist as she moves around and dances with great passion.

When she is done she breathes heavily and looks at the crowd and nods to Janira


”Seelah” | Female LG Medium Human Champion 5 | HP 78/78 | AC 23 (25 w/ Shield) | 2 hero points | F +12 R +8 W +10 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Defend) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Seelah looks at the magical table that Malkedthu brings into being and nods approvingly. "That will certainly be helpful!"

Last Meal with Calisro Benarry (DC 20 Cooking Lore, Society, Survival)::
Seelah helps prepare the meal using what little of the roast pork she has left over and the bone to try helping prepare a broth.

Society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
"I've had to do this while traveling before. Not the best broth, but hearty and filling. Anyone have some carrots."


Magical Investigations with Ashasar (DC 20 Arcana, Nature, Occultism, Religion)::
Seelah moves up to the hedge and tries to filter through all of the simple divination prayers she knows.

Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
"There's something there... Just I can't tell what it is. I was never the best at prayers however..."


Help Armeline with Mustering (DC 20 Diplomacy, Perception, Society)::
Seelah stops in the center of the milling crowd and with her best demon banishing voice tries to raise her voice above the hubub and din.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

"Natesh, Dr. Lazarus, Gib, Astrid Gertasdottir and Lizzo! Report to area B as in Bret! I repeat..."


Offer Reassurances with Janira (DC 20 Deception, Diplomacy, Performance)::
Seelah sits a group of the new recruits down and starts to tell a story of a time that a small pathfinder got stuck on a mission and the seven different teams that were sent out to find them. She also then includes her list of 7 things to avoid when dealing with unknown magic.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Horizon Hunters

Last Meal with Calisro Benarry (DC 20 Cooking Lore, Society, Survival):

:
Society(E): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Magical Investigations with Ashasar DC 20 Arcana, Nature, Occultism, Religion):

:
Arcana(E): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Perception for Help Armeline with Mustering (DC 20 Diplomacy, Perception, Society):

:
Society(E): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Offer Reassurances with Janira DC 20 Deception, Diplomacy, Performance):

:
Diplomacy(E): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 6 | HP 74/74| AC 24 (25 w/ parry) | Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 (+14 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Active conditions:

Escort
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Last Meal
Society: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Magical Investigations
Nature: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Mustering
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Reassurance
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Supplies
Athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Seelah brings the pork and Ezren brings knowledge to finally create something that satisfies the Horizon Hunter. Ahh, Yarr… dat hits the spot! She washes it down with more clear liquor. Success

The magical investigations still stymie everyone.

Seelah and Fafrd cut a striking duo. Everyone listens to the Paladin and the tall ulfen. Crit from Fafrd.

Seelah, Feiya, and Fafrd work together to complete the mustering and reassure the troops — Feiya's performance with Daji really brings their efforts over the top. Crit from Feiya

✶✶✶

Preparations… for Adventure! Bold is up:

See post above for checks and DCs.

Ezren
Fafrd
Feiya
Maldlethu
Seelah
Siddhartha

──────────
TASK STATUS:
──────────
Crit successes have the max level of rewards for the group and can be skipped.

Escort Mission: Completed with Critical Success
Last Meal: Success
Magical investigations: No Successes
Mustering: Completed with Critical Success
Reasure Recruits: Completed with Critical success
Sort Supplies: Completed with Critical Success

Grand Archive

N M Elf (ancient) Cleric 6 | HP 60 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +14 | Perc +14, Low-light Vision | Speed 30 ft | Focus 1/1 | Spells 1st: 4/4 2nd: 4/4 3rd: 6/6 | Hero Points: 1 | Reactions: Recognize Spell (A +12 [E], N +12 [T], O +9 [T], R +14 [E])

Maldlethu waves his arms, and a pebble on the ground begins to glow. "I will search the town for our missing comrades!" he declares. "They will see the magic of the stone and know to come to it!"
Perception to Escort vs DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

"And now, we will stir the stew - with magic! And if that doesn't work, we can always give the gruel some flavor - with magic!"
Survival to Cook vs DC 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

"My dear Ashasar, I assure you that a student of magic such as myself would not be so foolish as to investigate such an artifact from the inside..." The elf's gaze towards the green hedge walls, full of longing, puts his words to lie.
Religion to Investigate vs DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

"I hate having to resort to such mundane measures... Valeros! Kyla! Yes, you! Your party's over here!"
Perception to Muster vs DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Maldlethu leans over the younger Pathfinders, arms spread wide. "Don't worry, you'll all be wrapped in protective magic while in the Maze."
Diplomacy to Reassure vs DC 20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Edit: Oops, didn't catch that the Escort mission was already as good as it gets before posting. XD Oh well.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Maldlethu helps everyone with their endeavors, searching the Woodsedge area and mustering and motivating the recruits. He almost kills Bennary with… magic! GAHH! I gotta chase this "magic" down with more drink… The horizon hunter is starting to get a little tipsy!

However, Nethys blesses the elf's devious efforts and he confirms that indeed, there is a misalignment from an outside source! Crit success!

This brings us to critical successes in all areas but culinary, which is only success. Overall, the group has done a truly excellent job.

✶✶✶

The venture captains and consultants shower your helpful party with gifts. Seriously… it's a lot of stuff. Are they being generous, or is this mission really dangerous?

Each of you receives:
• Two Moderate Healing Potions from Urwal
• A +1 Circumstance bonus to your next Fort Save after all the cooking experiments
• A +2 Circumstance to your next Will save thanks to a sense of accountability from the musters
• A +2 Circumstance bonus to one skill check or attack roll at any time during scenario, received from a fellow Pathfinder will critically aiding you
• A choice of any two of the following: emerald grasshopper, tiger menuki, scroll of Haste, or a 3rd-level scroll of Heal
• A choice of any two of the following: Antidote or a moderate Antiplague

Do note that the Pathfinders seem to be packing for several days of adventuring. This mission will take more than one day. This is an important note that might affect your choices.

Please edit Slide 1 with your PC's choice of rewards. I'll do my best to remember the bonuses on your first saves but please include them in your rolls when the time comes, if you can remember to do so.

With that, it's time to kick back and relax, content in a job well done.

We will begin part 2 around midnight Jan 12 GMT, so around 4 PM Pacific tomorrow Jan 11th. Take some time to work out the logistics of all these choices.

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 6 | HP 74/74| AC 24 (25 w/ parry) | Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 (+14 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Active conditions:

"I'd like to take the haste scroll and the heal scroll, but I cannot use either of them. Perhaps Ezren could take the haste scroll to use on me in a critical situation, and Maldlethu could take the heal scroll, in case it is needed by the team." says Fafrd.

Also remember our school training items. Did you want to track those anywhere, GM?

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Elf Garundi Monk 5 | HP 68/68 | AC 24/25/26 (24 Currently) |F: +11, R: +13, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 35ft | Focus Points: 1/2 |Ki Strike, Perfect Strike| Active conditions: None.

I would also like to take the Scroll of Heal and give it to Maldlethu for the good of the party. I will take an Emerald Grasshopper and a Dragon Scale for my school item.

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 6 | HP 74/74| AC 24 (25 w/ parry) | Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 (+14 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Active conditions:

Fafrd grabs a lesser healing potion from the Swords.


”Seelah” | Female LG Medium Human Champion 5 | HP 78/78 | AC 23 (25 w/ Shield) | 2 hero points | F +12 R +8 W +10 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Defend) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Seelah grabs a Scroll of Heal herself, handing it over to Maldlethu, if he'd be willing to carry yet a third scroll. She then takes an emerald grasshopper and attaches it to the curass of her armor. "Well seems we were able to handle getting prepared for this effectively and efficiently. Hopefully whatever is happening with that maze will be as readily handled."


”FIshhead” | Male N Small Kobold Rougue 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration ( ?????? ) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Feiya looks at the crates of items "Wow, someone packed tens of emerald grasshoppers! Why did they bring so many?" she throws and grabs two scrolls of Haste and packs them into the bag.

Grand Lodge

Crisis Success Reporting || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

**HOUSE GM ANNOUNCEMENT**

A hush falls over the gathered Pathfinders as Venture-Captain Armeline Jirneau ascends a podium erected outside the entrance to the Maze of the Open Road. “Welcome to Woodsedge, Pathfinders! Thank you for coming. As many of you know, the Maze of the Open Road is an interdimensional pathway built long ago by Forest King Narven Feathereyes as a gift for the Society. Time was not kind to the maze, but thanks to the efforts of Eliza Petulengro and other Pathfinders, it was repaired.

“Recently, the maze’s paths realigned and now all point to a single location. Our investigations indicate this isn’t a problem with the Maze of the Open Road but an outside source—a beacon—that’s attracting the paths. The maze is of critical importance to many missions and must remain available. Our mission is to fix this strange anomaly.

“We traverse the Maze of the Open Road to an unknown destination. Although this is an exciting opportunity to explore new horizons, our mission is not exploration. Our mission is to find the beacon and sever its connection to the Maze of the Open Road. Prepare yourselves! We leave shortly.”

After a few minutes to allow for any last-second preparations, Venture-Captain Jirneau leads the assembled Pathfinders into the Maze of the Open Road. ”Stay close, we won’t be here long.”

Armeline guides the Pathfinders through the maze with confidence, while Eando Kline, faction leader of the Vigilant Seal, takes the rear, ensuring no Pathfinders get left behind. Armeline hesitates only a moment before plunging through a shimmering portal, out of the Maze and into the unknown.

Following her lead, the Pathfinders arrive in a large stone chamber with red stone walls and polished tan floor tiles, lit by a luminous arch rising from a central raised platform. The chamber has three side chambers and one exit. “Fan out, Pathfinders!” Venture-Captain Armeline orders. “Secure the area.”

Table GMs, please begin Part 1


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:

Ezren's Religion (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Fafrd's Religion (U): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Feiya's Religion (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Seelah 's Religion (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Ezren's Society (E): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Fafrd's Society (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Seelah 's Society (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Siddhartha's Society (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Ezren's Arcana (E): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Fafrd's Arcana (U): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Feiya's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Seelah 's Religion (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

6d2 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1) = 9

before
Feiya notes that the Pathfinder caravan has packed food, extra cold-weather gear, spell components, and more for the journey. And yes, grasshoppers galore — she watches a disappointed Seelah toss one back into the bin.

You can purchase common equipment from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook of up to your level from the caravan during the adventure. In addition to supplies; you can also purchase spellcasting services to remove negative conditions during an overnight rest.

✶✶✶

now
The red stone walls are freezing to the touch; the air is bitingly cold. Not enough to need cold-weather gear yet, but uncomfortable. You shiver and look around the area, noting several side chambers. and a massive glowing arch.

___
Glowing Arch
The most striking feature of this chamber is a crystal arch that glows with bright light. The arch is 15 feet wide, 25 feet tall, and constructed of a luminous crystal that sheds bright light.

Fafrd remembers the time he saw an opera singer, costumed as an Ulfen warrior in a horned helmet, shatter a crystal wine glass with her voice. People better be quiet in here, or they might accidentally blow up the whole pillar, sending deadly shards everywhere!

Ezren, however, is sure that the arch is a powerful artifact with a connection to another plane. In fact, he alone can hear a barely-audible hum that seems to resonate with something elsewhere in the ruins. He believes Fafrd’s theory is poppycock.

___
Fountain Chamber
There is a small side chamber containing a fountain pouring water into a large stone washing basin. The water is clean, clear, and tastes metallic. Ezren, Fafrd, and Feiya recognize this as an ablution chamber, used to ritually wash before entering a sacred space.

___
Hooks Chamber
Three rows of wooden hooks protrude from the stone walls in a line around the perimeter of this side chamber, one row at 3 feet above the ground, one at 5, and one at 9. A black wood bench is in the chamber’s center. Seelah recognizes this as a dressing chamber; the hooks would have held from clothes for creatures varying from Small to Large in size.

Lastly, you move to the strange ovoid chamber…


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Ovoid Chamber
The entrance to this ovoid chamber is only partially blocked by a circular stone door, which slides in and out of the wall. The red stone chamber is completely curved, with no angles or hard edges anywhere.

Fafrd, Feiya, Seelah:
The chamber is perfectly empty.

Ezren, Maldlethu, Siddhartha:
There is a large grey and blue container in the center of the chamber, similar to a sarcophagus, constructed from metal and glass.


”Seelah” | Female LG Medium Human Champion 5 | HP 78/78 | AC 23 (25 w/ Shield) | 2 hero points | F +12 R +8 W +10 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Defend) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Seelah sighs over the grasshopper, recognizing that it requires better trained abilities than what she has. I need to train more. My jumping ability can't get high enough to activate this. She instead picks up a scroll of haste and looks at Ezren and Feiya. "Eitehr of you able to hold and use this for me? You don't have to cast it on me, but it'd be nice if you could when appropriate."

She gives a small pause at the beginning of the hedge, not sure what to expect and worried that some beacon strong enough to affect a magical treasure such as this might be a trap as well, leading to a repeat of that ill fated mission to Lastwall." [/b] ]

Stepping into the maze she smoothes her breathing as the place proves to be less deadly than it could be. The first room goes by with no worries, and by the time she sees the the third she's already able to try identifying what they might be looking at. "Clothing hooks, but clearly meant for various sized creatures... I wonder if this place has a variety of ancestries like Kaer Maga?"

She takes the lead as they approach the next chamber and pauses for a moment as she stares at the door uncertain how to open it. Does it open as we approach like an automatic door in modern times or by hand like a sliding Japanese door?

She pauses in the room first making sure it is empty before gesturing for everyone else. "Seems the is room is completely clear. I don't even see an exit, but it certainly seems like and odd shape..." She then moves over to the wall and starts to feel them. What kind of texture do they have and stone do them seem to be made of?


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:
Ezren's Crafting (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Fafrd's Crafting (U): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Feiya's Crafting (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Seelah 's Crafting (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Siddhartha's Crafting (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Ezren's Nature (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Fafrd's Nature (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Feiya's Nature (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Fafrd's Minerology (U): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

The door is quite heavy, being made of inches-thick stone. It took several of you to roll it back, even though at a glance it seemed even that might be impossible. In fact, all your gear seems much lighter, and there’s an extra bounce in every step you take. Seelah can tell that the door was once so perfectly balanced it would have slid open at a mere touch. But no more.

The walls feel smooth but on close inspection, you can see they're filled with tiny pockmarks. Fafrd improvises a mineralogical theory: the red stone is volcanic basalt that a high amount of iron in it. Exposed to the air for eons, this iron has slowly rusted to give the stone its unique hue.

Every player should make sure to read their spoiler in the post above.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N M Elf (ancient) Cleric 6 | HP 60 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +14 | Perc +14, Low-light Vision | Speed 30 ft | Focus 1/1 | Spells 1st: 4/4 2nd: 4/4 3rd: 6/6 | Hero Points: 1 | Reactions: Recognize Spell (A +12 [E], N +12 [T], O +9 [T], R +14 [E])

Maldlethu is almost in tears of joy as his teammates keep handing him scroll after scroll. "Magic..." he whispers to himself as he runs his hands along each and every one of the rolled parchments before storing them in his bag - along with two more for good measure.

Snagging a scroll of heal and a scroll of haste, and one of each antidote/antiplague. Maldlethu can also use the scrolls of haste should there be a need thanks to his Sorcerer dedication.

----------------------------------------------

Inside the strange chamber, Maldlethu's eyes are wide open as he takes in the strange sights. Finally, his gaze stops at the center of the ovoid room. "Oh, what a magical sight! What do you think this strange box contains? What secrets does it hold?" Slowly he approaches and holds his hand out as if to touch it.


”FIshhead” | Male N Small Kobold Rougue 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration ( ?????? ) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Feiya wraps herself in magical energy before entering the portal. She hopes it is not needed but it makes her feel better. As they leave the portal on the other side she sighs in relief.

She makes sure that Daji is there and asks him telepathically if he has a connection to the power. She sighs the second time feeling the power herself.

"Ok, let us secure the place" she walks around seeing the water basin "Metallic taste, like blood? No it is not this..." she wonders

"Bloody cold in here."

Feiya would take Haste spell from Seelah. that would make it 3.

Envoy's Alliance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 6 | HP 74/74| AC 24 (25 w/ parry) | Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 (+14 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Active conditions:

"Be careful... quiet! The arch is like a snowcap on a mountain peak, just waiting for a loud noise before exploding!" whispers Fafrd.

He follows the team to the back. "It is just an empty chamber. What's so interesting?" he whispers.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

I'll de-spoiler this under the assumption Maldlethu can tell Fafrd and anyone else who asks what he sees.

Fafrd, Feiya, and Seelah
Fafrd, Feiya, and Seelah watch, bemused, as Maldlethu approaches the center of the room with outstretched hands.

Maldlethu, Siddhartha, Ezren
Maldlethu approaches the box. It is the most exquisitely-crafted object he has ever seen in his ancient lifetime. The strange blue-black alloy must surely be magically-wrought, with hundreds of tiny bumps running along its edges. The frosted glass is perfectly integrated with the metal without a discernable join or bit of mortar anywhere to be seen. And it certainly does look like a sarcophagous. The glass is built-in as if to give whoever — or whatever — is inside a view. The hair-thin seam running along its top might even be a lid. Though beautiful, the box has also been battered and scuffed, as if it fell a great distance and slid through rocks and debris. As if it's undergone a long journey or been repaired with the wrong tools.

It has some writing along the bottom edge, though it's scuffed wand scratched:

Scuffed text wrote:
✶ S̷N̵O̶W̷G̵A̸R̴D̷E̸N̷ P̸R̴O̴D̶U̷C̷T̷I̵O̸N̸S̶ ✶ S̷T̵-̴S̶I̸S̵ P̵O̵D̴ M̸O̷D̷E̷L̷ 3̶2̸2̷ ✶ S̴E̸A̵L̴ D̷O̷E̶S̸ N̷O̷T̴ P̵R̵O̴V̶I̴D̵E̶ P̴R̶O̴T̶E̴C̷T̶I̵O̸N̴ A̶G̸A̸I̷N̵S̸T̷ V̴A̶C̷U̶U̵M̵ A̸N̷D̴ I̸S̵ F̴O̷R̸ E̸N̵T̶E̵R̸T̸A̷I̸N̵M̸E̶N̸T̷ P̴U̷R̸P̷O̶S̵E̶S̸ O̴N̶L̴Y̷ ✶ K̸E̴E̷P̴ O̵U̴T̸ O̴F̷ R̷E̷A̴C̴H̸ O̵F̵ C̴H̵I̸L̸D̷R̶E̴N̵ A̵N̴D̷ P̷E̶T̶S̶ ✶

--

Maldlethu Let me know if you actually touch it. Same for Siddhartha and Ezren.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N M Elf (ancient) Cleric 6 | HP 60 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +14 | Perc +14, Low-light Vision | Speed 30 ft | Focus 1/1 | Spells 1st: 4/4 2nd: 4/4 3rd: 6/6 | Hero Points: 1 | Reactions: Recognize Spell (A +12 [E], N +12 [T], O +9 [T], R +14 [E])

Touch the strange box? Of course! XD

Maldlethu reverently places his hand on the box's lid. "Tell me, what magic is contained within you?" he whispers.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:

Ezren’s Arcana (E): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Maldlethu’s Arcana (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Maldlethu‘s hand moves through the sarcophagous. The elf feels nothing. How strange. How magical! The object flickers in and out of sight. He hears a jumble of words in a female voice — they are forlorn… but also tinged with hope.

“for — me —”
“— no, Felis- —”
“run —”
“— wait — !”

The box vanishes from sight. Nothing Maldlethu can do brings it back. Siddhartha and Ezren can still see it, though.

Ezren inspects the box and the phenomena described by Maldlethu. The old wizard wonders if it was some sort of illusion. Maybe half the party made their will saves?

Maldlethu, conversely, believes the sarcophagus was a temporal malfunction—it exists in another time and shouldn’t have been visible at all in this time.


”Seelah” | Female LG Medium Human Champion 5 | HP 78/78 | AC 23 (25 w/ Shield) | 2 hero points | F +12 R +8 W +10 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Defend) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Seelah watches Maldlethu with a bemused expression for a moment. "Did you find something interesting?"

When he seems to shift to reverence, she realizes this could be some kind of attack. She moves to right in front of the cleric and takes him by the shoulders. "Maldlethu! Look at me. Are you okay? What did you find? Was it dangerous?"


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:
Ezren's Crafting (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Fafrd's Crafting (U): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Feiya's Crafting (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Maldlethu's Crafting (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Seelah 's Crafting (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Siddhartha's Crafting (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Maldlethu tells everyone what he sees (I assume so, at least.) Eando Kline comes into the room as you futz about and talk about temporal anomalies and illusion magic. Alright. It's time to get a move on. Let's not meddle unnecessarily.

Looks like the mystery will have to wait. Perhaps you will learn more as you move on. For now, it it time to move deeper into the ruins!

✶✶✶

Back into the antechamber, deeper into the ruins. Everything is dark down here. Couple of PCs with Light spells & the non-pregens are likely to have wayfinders, but it's worth noting and taking care of if you are in need of light.

As you explore, you notice that the gravity here is less than it is on Golarion. Your gear weighs much less, projectiles fly much farther and faster, and you can jump higer than ever! Slide 3 has a reference to this for the future.

Reduced Gravity:
The Bulk of all creatures and objects is halved. You can carry twice as much and jump twice as high and far. Physical ranged attacks are possible up to the twelfth range increment (instead of the sixth). A creature that falls in low gravity takes no damage for the first 10 feet of the fall, and then takes bludgeoning damage equal to a quarter of the remaining distance fallen.

✶✶✶

“Heraxia? Heraxia, where are you?”

As you enter this strange circular chamber, a woman's voice calls out. It seems to come from everywhere and nowhere all at once.

A deep pit is filled with bones yawns from the center of the room. A platform hangs over the pit, somehow suspended from a single central pillar that connects to the ceiling. Doors line the chamber’s perimeter to your right and ahead, but they are sealed shut with solid stone.

The pit is 25 feet deep and requires a successful DC 20 Climb check to scale, with the bottom 5 feet filled with humanoid skeletons of varying sizes.

Ezren, Fafrd, Feiya,, and Siddartha all conclude that you can open these doors by going onto the platform and rotating the central pillar. It will require a DC 19 Athletics, Crafting, or Thievery skill to rotate.

Slide 1 is updated with a map. Who's moving the pillar? What are the rest of you doing while they do so?

Envoy's Alliance

CG Male Ulfen Human Sailor Ranger 6 | HP 74/74| AC 24 (25 w/ parry) | Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 (+14 to Seek my target) | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 | Active conditions:

Fafrd looks at the pillar and says ”I can do it” and moves up to the pillar. ”Lemme know if you want to do anything first, before I do?”

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Elf Garundi Monk 5 | HP 68/68 | AC 24/25/26 (24 Currently) |F: +11, R: +13, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 35ft | Focus Points: 1/2 |Ki Strike, Perfect Strike| Active conditions: None.

Siddhartha looks cautiously at the pit and platform.

I believe I can climb over and rotate the pillar, as I am very good at climbing and can fall very gently. I am concerned about those bones and whatever else may appear while I do this.

Expert in Athletics and Cat Fall as a feat


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM screen:
3d20 ⇒ (16, 2, 5) = 23

Standing at the edge of the pit, Siddartha and Fafrd look down into the grisly mess. Neither spots anything hiding among the bones.

Horizon Hunters

Male NG Half-Elf Garundi Monk 5 | HP 68/68 | AC 24/25/26 (24 Currently) |F: +11, R: +13, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 35ft | Focus Points: 1/2 |Ki Strike, Perfect Strike| Active conditions: None.

Fafrd, one of us should watch for the other while the pillar is turned. Shall we Rock, Parchment, Shears? Winner turns the pillar?

Rock, Parchment, Shears:

Shears


”Seelah” | Female LG Medium Human Champion 5 | HP 78/78 | AC 23 (25 w/ Shield) | 2 hero points | F +12 R +8 W +10 | Perc +8 | Default Exploration (Defend) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Seelah nods at the suggestion to let Fafrd or Siddhartha move the pillar and platform. "I'm not sure I can claim to beat you two at such tasks, but before you start let me get into a position I can help in case enemies or other things come."

She then moves around the pit and pillar into a good position near the platform and door. She places her shield on her back and pulls out her shortbow, but keeps her shooting hand free to possibly help anyone on the platform if they need it.

Getting ready to use Ranged Reprisal and Readying to Aid if it's needed.

Horizon Hunters

Ezren jumps up and down a couple of times fascinated by the change in gravity.
”Amazing! I want to study this but I cannot let my guard down here, that voice has me concerned.”

Dark Archive

Botting Fafrd's check as I have limited availability in the AM tomorrow, and am heading to bed.

Rock, Parchment, Shears: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Fafrd wins with rock, breaking Siddhartha 's shears, and turns the pillar.

Athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Siddhartha gets in position.

Something happens…

Update incoming.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:

Ezren, Detect Magic: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Fafrd, Search: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Feiya, Investigate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Maldlethu, Detect Magic: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Seelah , Defend: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Siddhartha, Search: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Everyone draws weapons. As Fafrd rotates the pillar, the doors open… revealing two sinister, snake-like creatures stitched together from the disfigured bones of humans and serpents alike. They writhe and wriggle, silently moving in to destroy all intruders! A third one lurches up through a trap door near the bottom of the pit!

The party is prepared for exactly the shenanigans that this room had in store, and gets the jump on the attackers! Wow this initiative did NOT go well for my baddies.

✶✶✶
Sssssanctum Guardianssss! Round 1

Terrain: Pit is 25' feet deep & bones at bottom. DC 20 to Climb out. Low Gravity (2x Leap, less fall damage).
Battlemap

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Fafrd (74/74 HP)
➤ Ezren (53/53 HP)
➤ Maldlethu (51/51 HP)
➤ Feiya (53/53 HP)
➤ Siddhartha (68/68 HP)
S-s-s-s-snaaaake 3 (-0 HP) │ -25' in pit
S-s-s-s-snaaaake 1 (-0 HP)
S-s-s-s-snaaaake 2 (-0 HP)
Seelah (78/78 HP) │ Reaction Available (Block)

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 18 (Arcana, Crafting) on Bone-Snake :
These are necrophidiuses, a kind of mindless construct built from the warped bones of humanoids and serpents! They are weak to bludgeoning, like most skeletons.
DC 28 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 20 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
They can do a Dance of Death that san Stun you or make you flat-footed evven on a save!


”FIshhead” | Male N Small Kobold Rougue 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration ( ?????? ) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

When they enter the chamber with little light, Feiya takes out her torch and flint and steel. "One would be surprised how many adventurers go into a fight without fire of any kind. Do you know how long does it take to use flint and steel in combat? Long enough for your head to be cut-off" she takes her time to set the torch on fire. No light spell nor wayfinder, and 1 torch, I think this was a trap :D

With torch in one hand Feiya looks at the creatures

Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

"Those are necrophidiuses, they are made from warped bones of humanoids and serpents. Smash them with bludgeoning!"

She stretches her hands and begins to make gestures moving on her feet lightly, she whirls chanting in an odd language. Not only torch leaves marks in the air, soon around her visible smudges of light gathers making magical runes in the air.

Then a rock flies towards one of the serpents

Telekinetic Projectile@Skelly 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage, bludgoening: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 5) + 4 = 17

Recall knowledge, Telekinetic Projectile@Skelly 1

1 to 50 of 560 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's Fate in the Future [NostalgiaCon] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.