Longroads Coffeehouse 2.0

Game Master chadius

5-12 Mischief in the Maze
>Slides<

>Thread<
>RPG Chronicles Sign Up< (36 points, high tier)

>Locations of Interest<
- Topiary Trouble (DONE)
- Elemental Discord
- Stone Temple Pilgrims (DONE)

1-14 Lions of Katapesh:


3,401 to 3,450 of 3,552 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>

AoN 1-14 Lions of Katapesh Goblin Morale Points: 16

***Bold may act, Map Round 6/7!***

Vardarel (31/38) (Vibrant Thorns)
Bella w/ Khiari (30/60) (Oaken Resilience)
---
Brown Gobbo
Yellow Gobbo
Green Gobbo -9
Orange Gobbo
---
Roark (29/50) (Nudged)
Nicole (35/44)
Fran (40/40)

Conditions: Most of the room is lit well by the torches: 20' radius of light, additional 20' low light. Stairs are difficult terrain.

Envoy's Alliance

♥️ 60 | AC 21 | Saves 10/11/8 | Perception 8 | >Eidolon< PFS ID: 133608-2007 | Female Human Swashbuckler 4 | ☘️ 1 | ◆◇↺ |

Bella sighs as the Yellow Straw Hat flails in her direction. "If you're going to approach a lady, do it with poise. With grace."

Opportune Riposte with Fist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Huh. Okay.
Nonlethal Bludgeoning Damage: 2d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 + 2 = 9

She headpats the goblin. "We shall try again momentarily."


AC 20 | Saves 10/11/8 | Perception 8 | >Summoner< ◆◇◈ ↺ |

"Sis!" Khiari yells out. "Stop playing with them and knock them out already." She sighs and bears her horns at the Green Goblin. "I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..."

Headbutt, Nonlethal vs Green(Flanked): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 = 18
Nonlethal Bludgeoning Damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 2 = 12

Hoof, Nonlethal vs Green(Flanked): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21
Nonlethal Bludgeoning Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9

After butting and kicking the goblin, Khiari thinks about how to help. "Uh... Nicole! Have some Guidance!" Khiari blesses Nicole with a bit of insight.

◆ Khiari Strikes Green
◆ Khiari Strikes Green
◆ Khiari casts >Guidance< on Nicole

Envoy's Alliance

[S01-14] Female Versatile Human Bomber Alchemist 4 / Talisman Dabbler | Martial Disciple | HP 44/44, AC 20 (21 w Buckler raised), Fortitude** +9, Reflex** +11, Will* +7, Perception* +7, Stealth* +9 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Investigate | Active Conditions ↺ Resist Harm | ◆◇↺

"Will set them on fire! Sorry if you'll get splashed, Miss Bella!" Nicole throws another fire flask at Brown Gobbo!
Moderate Alchemist Fire Attack, w Alchemist Goggles, Guidance: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 = 19 vs Brown Gobbo
Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 2) = 10 fire damage plus 2 persistent fire damage, and 4 fire splash damage to Brown Gobbo (fr Calculated Splash) (ignore Lesser Cover, if any, fr Alchemist Goggles) and Yellow Gobbo and Bella

She then shoots the green one! or Orange?
Hand Crossbow Attack, MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 5 = 17 vs Green/Orange
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 P damage

She then reloads her weapon.

"Hideous skellys!"

◆ Quick Bomber w Far Lobber
◆ Strike w Hand Crossbow
◆ Reload hand crossbow

Radiant Oath

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Female Human Witch 4 HP: 20/40 | AC: 16 (17 w/Mage Armor) | F: +8, R: +6, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Focus Points: 2/2 | 1st: 3/3, 2nd: 3/3 | Hero Points: | Active Conditions:

"Ooh, it's not easy to not hurt someone with magic," Fran frets; she'd certainly rather not kill the goblins but keeping them alive certainly requires some creative use of her resources. She briefly considers her options before deciding to channel regenerative power into Bella (and by extension, Khiari).

Then she conjures another protective shield around herself as she looks around the cavern, trying to figure out if the source for the goblins' enchantment is nearby.
______________

◆ Spend a focus point to cast Life Boost on Bella; she gains Fast Healing 4 for 4 rounds.
◆ Cast Shield
◆ Seek (I think?)

Verdant Wheel

Male elven cleric of Ketephys 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 19 (20 w/ shield cantrip) | F +8 R +8 W +12 | Resist Void 1 | Speed 35’ | Font 3/4| Hero Points 2 | Exploration: Search | Conditions:

With only one gobo hurt and four players hurt, I would like to do a three action heal.
I do not have the Selective Energy feat that would allow me to avoid enemies.

The question is about downed opponents. For this battle would you consider them dead or would they be revived by the AoE healing?

I will not do the three action heal if the downed enemies would be revived.

If waiting one round would make a difference, please let me know that as well.

Nicole Flames wrote:
"Hideous skellys!"

Puzzled, Vardarel says “Skeletons?

I might have missed it but I don’t think anyone has identified the goblins as skeletons.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
[S01-14] Female Versatile Human Bomber Alchemist 4 / Talisman Dabbler | Martial Disciple | HP 44/44, AC 20 (21 w Buckler raised), Fortitude** +9, Reflex** +11, Will* +7, Perception* +7, Stealth* +9 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Investigate | Active Conditions ↺ Resist Harm | ◆◇↺

"Look at them, they are so thin that their bones are protruding!" Nicole explains though she takes a second look at what they are actually dealing with.

Verdant Wheel

Male elven cleric of Ketephys 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 19 (20 w/ shield cantrip) | F +8 R +8 W +12 | Resist Void 1 | Speed 35’ | Font 3/4| Hero Points 2 | Exploration: Search | Conditions:

Vardarel takes a closer at one of the nearby goblins.

RK on a new creature, so should work. Society +7 or Religion +12.
Green if it is still up, otherwise orange
Spend my one hero point on a failure, I have a shirt so +1 on reroll
Would like to know traits of the creature.

Then he fires his bow once at the creature and reaches for the scroll he got as part of his provisions.
Spiritual Armament vs Green or Orange: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Holy Piercing or Spiritual Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8

◆ RK, ◆ sustain Spirtual Armament, ◆ interact to draw scroll

Would still like answer on if down is dead for the felines from this fight

Roark, it would help if you were within thirty feet of me.

Radiant Oath

SQUAWK! | 2396852-2005 | CG Male Tengu Battledancer | Musical Prodigy (Dance) | Swashbuckler Lvl 4 | Acrobat Dedication | ◆◇↺ | HP 50/50 | AC 21 (23 w/ buckler) | F/R/W: 9/11/9 | Perc +9, Low Light | 30 feet | Class DC 19 | Resistances: Negative 1 | Performance(E)/Acrobatics(E): +11, Stealth/Diplomacy/Deception/Thievery: +9, Athletics: +7, Lore (Music, PFS): +6 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

"Coming!" Roark calls, hurrying in. He then concentrates before sending a bzzap at Orange and Brown.

Electric Arc; Electricity Damage, DC 19 Reflex for half: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 = 7

◆ Stride
◆◆ BZZAP!


AoN 1-14 Lions of Katapesh Goblin Morale Points: 16

GM Stuffz:

Fran to Seek: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Vardarel Recall Knowledge: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Bella continues playing with the gobbos, trading poorly aimed attacks back and forth. Khiari for once is much more serious, laying out the green gobbo with a hoof to the head. It drops like heap. She follows that up with a solid hoof into orange, which still stands before giving Nicole a bit of guidance.

Nicole uses it to her advantage, toss another fire bomb, this time at brown, with a side of Bella and the orange gobbo. Brown gets scorched but appears resistant to the flames somewhat. Yellow gobbo resists the splash completely, Bella however does not. Perhaps this gobbo heritage is flame resistant? Her crossbow shot connects with orange but most of the damage is resisted.

Fran calls on her patron for some regenerative healing on Bella, which definitely will help patch those fang holes eventually. An extra shield never hurt either for herself. You never know when another one of those lions is going to spring out of the shadows... Curious what's going on with the goblins Fran looks around for the source, she isn't sure exactly what's going on but she can't shake that green lion they just killed...

No worries with reviving the deceased lions and wolves, they're all dead dead.
Vardarel and Nicole disagree with just what they're dealing with so he takes a closer look at the orange gobbo next to him... huh. Ya, that one's certainly a skeleton. A goblin skeleton, an undead! Maybe he needs glasses? Maybe he needs a vacation? Maybe the GM's just playing tricks on him? No reroll used.

Roark heads closer to the healer then zaps a pair of gobbos. They resist the bulk of the damage but sizzle slightly.
Reflex DC19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Reflex DC19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

The three remaining gobbos continue mindlessly raking their targets with their claws. (Brown, yellow, then orange.)

Claw (Slashing) vs Bella, AC21: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw (Slashing) vs Bella, AC21: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 4 = 191d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw (Slashing) vs Bella, AC21: 1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 8 = 11d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Riposte Triggered

Claw (Slashing) vs Bella, AC21: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw (Slashing) vs Bella, AC21: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 = 221d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw (Slashing) vs Bella, AC21: 1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 8 = -11d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Claw (Slashing) vs Khiari, AC20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Claw (Slashing) vs Khiari, AC20: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 = 81d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw (Slashing) vs Khiari, AC20: 1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 8 = 161d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


AoN 1-14 Lions of Katapesh Goblin Morale Points: 16

***Bold may act, Map Round 7/8!***

Vardarel (31/38) (Vibrant Thorns)
Bella w/ Khiari (22/60) (Oaken Resilience) (Fast Healing 4, 3 more rounds)
---
Brown Gobbo -11
Yellow Gobbo
Orange Gobbo -12
---
Roark (29/50) (Nudged)
Nicole (35/44)
Fran (40/40) (Shield)

Conditions: Most of the room is lit well by the torches: 20' radius of light, additional 20' low light. Stairs are difficult terrain.

Envoy's Alliance

♥️ 60 | AC 21 | Saves 10/11/8 | Perception 8 | >Eidolon< PFS ID: 133608-2007 | Female Human Swashbuckler 4 | ☘️ 1 | ◆◇↺ |

If Bella took Fire Damage she has Weakness 3 to Fire. She will use her reaction to dispel Oaken Resilience.

"Oh, the goblins are already deceased?" Bella withholds her hand and draws a small hammer. "A shame... Sister, use full force."


AC 20 | Saves 10/11/8 | Perception 8 | >Summoner< ◆◇◈ ↺ |

Khiari sighs. "Okay, no holding back." She lowers her horns and prepares to headbutt the orange goblin. "Sorry, buddy."

Headbutt vs Orange, Flanking: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 8) + 2 = 12

Kick vs Orange, Flanking: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 2 = 12

↺ Bella dispels Oaken Resilience when she takes Fire Damage
◆ Bella draws a light mace
◆ Khiari Strikes Orange
◆ Khiari Strikes Orange

Verdant Wheel

Male elven cleric of Ketephys 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 19 (20 w/ shield cantrip) | F +8 R +8 W +12 | Resist Void 1 | Speed 35’ | Font 3/4| Hero Points 2 | Exploration: Search | Conditions:

Finally realizing that the remaining opponents are undead, Vardarel calls on his holy healing powers to revitalize his companions and put the goblin bodies to rest.
Heal, ◆◆◆, 30’ emanation: 2d10 ⇒ (1, 7) = 8 undead or unholy DC 20 basic Fort save to take it as damage


AoN 1-14 Lions of Katapesh Goblin Morale Points: 16

Finally seeing what the gobbos have become, Vardarel and the rest of team put the last of them down through holy magic and vicious headbutts, incessant pecking, and the like. Finally the cavern grows quiet and the remaining unease flows out the entrance like a hot breeze.

Exploring the rest of the cavern takes only a few minutes, obviously a den to the wolves and lions, which is an odd pairing to be sure. The remains of numerous animals and humanoids litter the area, along with scattered coins, 75g in all.

Farther back in the cavern is the resting place of even more goblin corpses, including the one you tracked back to this place. Half eaten, it's piled with the others awaiting its turn to rise from the dead.

With all the obvious threats here destroyed its time to head back to the camp. Zig spies you from his new tower, climbing down and heading out to meet you at the gate. "You've made it back. Good news I hope?"

Envoy's Alliance

♥️ 60 | AC 21 | Saves 10/11/8 | Perception 8 | >Eidolon< PFS ID: 133608-2007 | Female Human Swashbuckler 4 | ☘️ 1 | ◆◇↺ |

"We should... cleanse and bury the bodies, if possible." Bella frowns at the carnage. "What... drove these animals to such madness? And how did they revive these goblins?" Sadness and confusion cross her face.

Khiari is confused and concerned as well. "What did happen here? None of this makes any sense."

---

Back at the camp, Bella is ready to report. "All of the wolves and lions have been dispatched. We investigated their den. The goblins they kidnapped and killed... ahhh... were animated, somehow. From beyond the dead. We have laid them to rest and done what we could."

Verdant Wheel

Male elven cleric of Ketephys 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 19 (20 w/ shield cantrip) | F +8 R +8 W +12 | Resist Void 1 | Speed 35’ | Font 3/4| Hero Points 2 | Exploration: Search | Conditions:

With the battle over, Vardarel spends a few minutes examining the body of the last lion. Given what he felt when it died, he believes there was something different about that animal.

After that, he helps the others dispose of the bodies so that none of them can be raised as undead.

Vardarel waits for Bella to finish her report to Zig. Evidently deciding the goblin could use a little reassurance, he says “We will be staying until the bridge is complete. There should be no more attacks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AoN 1-14 Lions of Katapesh Goblin Morale Points: 16

After some more thorough investigating, Vardarel is pretty sure the green lion was possessed by some sort of spirit, or other being, a malevolent being. Somehow this being was able to raise the goblin corpses to do their bidding, not to mention influence the wolves and lions of the den. With the host being destroyed the spirit fled the caverns, perhaps someday to return to seek revenge? Either way, the bridge should be done by then so.. not your problem!

---

Zig nods "Well, I guess you all deserve a meal and a rest. Hopefully tonight and the rest of the nights will now be restful and we can finish this bridge." He looks off towards the northern horizon as the light breaks through some clouds, highlighting his prominent cheekbones perfectly.

As hoped, the rest of the nights go by soundly. The goblin camp gains more and more morale with each passing night. The bridge is soon built and the team sent home with bulging bags of goblin gold coins.

The End.

Envoy's Alliance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
♥️ 60 | AC 21 | Saves 10/11/8 | Perception 8 | >Eidolon< PFS ID: 133608-2007 | Female Human Swashbuckler 4 | ☘️ 1 | ◆◇↺ |

Bella spends her time learning many goblin tunes (they are excellent with rhyme and meter, even if they don't know what those are) and she introduces them to picture books (the ones without words, in particular. They love those!)

But her evenings and nights are spent staring at the stars. How many goblins did she fail on the way here? Undead minions nibbling at her and she didn't even notice. She thought it was part of the dance until it became real.

A spirit possession? That she understood. Fey trickery at its height uses powerful compulsions to force people to play their game or pay the price.

Khiari brings a letter to her attention. Their mother's handwriting was so neat and controlled.

Once the bridge was built and their mission was complete, Bella bid goodbye to the goblins as well as her friends.

"My mother is requesting my presence at Sidare Manor. Khiari and I must return there. Family business. Once it is complete we will return." She takes a bow. "It was my pleasure to work alongside you all."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 20 | Saves 10/11/8 | Perception 8 | >Summoner< ◆◇◈ ↺ |

Khiari blurts it out. "The Rose Witch says she can save our dad! But we have to meet her first!" Her bunny tail wiggles with anticipation. "So we gotta go. Sorry! Bye!" She turns to Roark. "We'll be back!" She ignores Bella's sigh and leads the way.

Khiari skips along towards the docks, looking for passage to Galt. It will be good to return home, see Mom. See the staff, and meet the Rose Witch. Supposedly Dad was rude to her and she cursed him to be belligerent to everyone until he found true love's kiss. If it weren't for her game, Mom and Dad never would have met and Khiari wouldn't exist.

She can already see Bella's pessimism sinking in. What if this is some kind of fey trick? Bella will never say it out loud, but she's fiddling with the cold iron dagger. The same one used to kill their father. He did die, right? But how can the Rose Witch save him? Fey don't die, they reincarnate.

Khiari's optimism turns to confusion as they board the ship and leave. Hopefully she will get more answers than questions...

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human Witch 4 HP: 20/40 | AC: 16 (17 w/Mage Armor) | F: +8, R: +6, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Focus Points: 2/2 | 1st: 3/3, 2nd: 3/3 | Hero Points: | Active Conditions:

"Oh, um, g-goodbye then! And good luck!" Fran calls as Bella and Khiari make another rather sudden departure. "Um...I w-wonder who the Rose Witch is?" she muses aloud to no one in particular.

Radiant Oath

NG Cat Familiar 4 HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +9 | Perc: +8 | Stealth: +8 | Speed: 25 ft., Fly 25 ft. | Senses: Low-Light Vision | Active Conditions:

"Maybe it's a you from another dimension," Mister Midnight remarks cheekily as he does a lazy loop through the air. "You're a Rosemont and a witch, after all!"


◆◇↺ | 5-12 (Thread|Slides)

Yigrig has been a gracious host to you for the last 8 days or so. Katapesh has treated you all well. But nothing lasts forever.

Bella and Khiari had no time to relax and went straight to the port where a ship was bound for Galt and had 2 seats open. It was faster for Bella to simply dismiss Khiari and summon her once she reached the ship. With a polite wave, the ship set sail towards the horizon...


◆◇↺ | 5-12 (Thread|Slides)

2-23 An Agent's Obligation

Yigrig handed you a missive from Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin, alongside a seemingly bottomless bag. "He says he'll pay me back for the equipment. Make sure he keeps his word! The Sixwing Dixie will be leaving tomorrow for Hinji. He said you should read this and get on that ship."

Ambrus Valsin's Missive:

Experienced Pathfinders,
We recently made inroads with Lady Victiria of House Junianis, a noble family in Cheliax based in the city of Hinji. She gave us the opportunity to catalogue a series of their ancestral heirlooms that survived the Chelaxian Civil War. We sent a team of novice Pathfinders to perform the assessment, as it seemed a simple enough assignment for fresh agents.

Unfortunately, the assignment wasn’t as simple as it seemed. After the novices’ first day of examination, they did not return to the Junianis manor. Lady Victiria attempted to contact them using the resources at her disposal, and then reported to the Grand Lodge that our agents were missing.

Your task is to find our four missing Pathfinders and, if someone was responsible for their disappearances, make sure they are no longer a danger to the Society. If you find any of our agents, bring them to the Junianis manor. Lady Victiria has agreed to harbor any Pathfinders you find until your investigation is complete. Although the Junianis family has many connections in Hinji, it is important that you do not visit the Junianis manor except to drop off the missing agents for protection. You can go to Lady Junianis for additional information as a last resort, but relying on her for help might jeopardize our future relations. If the worst has happened and you find that the agents have died in the field, be sure to respectfully retrieve their remains and belongings.

After you bring the missing agents to the manor, complete the cataloguing of the heirlooms and report back to Absalom with the agents or their remains. Included with this letter are basic dossiers on each of the agents sent to Hinji, as well as a bag of holding and scrolls of gentle repose that are only to be used for the missing Pathfinders should they prove necessary. It is important that you use discretion—they were likely targeted for being members of the Society, so don’t go about flashing wayfinders and demanding answers.

Begin your search at the Waypoint Inn, where the agents were staying. The innkeeper is expecting you.

Explore, Report, Cooperate.
Amburs Valsin

Envoy's Alliance

[S01-14] Female Versatile Human Bomber Alchemist 4 / Talisman Dabbler | Martial Disciple | HP 44/44, AC 20 (21 w Buckler raised), Fortitude** +9, Reflex** +11, Will* +7, Perception* +7, Stealth* +9 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Investigate | Active Conditions ↺ Resist Harm | ◆◇↺

Nicole waves goodbye to Bella and Khiari. "Safe travels to both of you, Miss Bella and Khiari!"

---

Nicole gasps after reading the missive. "I hope the agents are still safe." she tells the others. She begins collecting her things before they head out to their next destination.


◆◇↺ | 5-12 (Thread|Slides)

Next to the missive is a second scroll containing the descriptions of the four Pathfinders. I'll add a link to this post on the campaign info header.

Abridged Pathfinder Agent Dossiers:

Tanno Kembers

- Tanno Kembers is a human man who made a living as a self-taught tomb robber.
- He first came into contact with the Pathfinder Society at a dig site in Nex, which he reached before the Society did.
- After assessing his skills and artifact collection and determining his willingness to work toward more noble ends, the Society gave him a field commission.
- Tanno is skilled at disarming traps, and is wary of potential foes at all times.

Selia Torossel

- Selia is an elf historian who specializes in the Chelaxian Civil War. She is perhaps slightly overzealous in her desire to uncover the truth of what brought Thrune to power, a dangerous topic of study.
- She is strongly affiliated with the Grand Archive faction.
- She is a novice practitioner of divination.

Jespya

- Jespya is a halfling martial artist, a skilled unarmed combatant with a reputation for bravery.
- They joined the Pathfinder Society after their partner died in the field.
- They are one of Marcus Farabellus’s favored pupils for their efficient yet overwhelming combat tactics.
- They were assigned to this mission as protection for the other, less combat-capable agents.
- They requested not to be resurrected in the event of their death.

Kiiruba

- Kiiruba appears to be a human woman, but she is actually a kitsune who favors her tailless human form.
- She is proficient in diplomacy and emissary’s duties and dreams of seeing the world.
- She was recruited to the Society through the Lantern Lodge. This is her first mission after completing her Confirmation in Absalom to become a full agent.

Envoy's Alliance

Dwarven Male Inventor 4 HP: 50/50 | Steel Shield 20/20 | AC: 21 | F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | Perc (T): +9 | Hero Point: 0 | Speed: 20 (15)ft. | Active Conditions: Critical Overdrive +5

When you arrive at the Sixwing Dixie you see the familiar sight of rolling smog, complete with a hollering Stitch leaning over from the buckboard as Meat Wagon gingerly tries rolling up the gangplank and onto the ship "Don't you have any thicker planks than this?" It groans under the weight, sagging precariously before Meat lurches ahead and up onto the deck. It backs its self up against the center mast while Stitch climbs down, his breast plate stowed away for seafaring safety.

"I better talk to the Captain, make sure we get the load placed right on this rig in case a storm lands.." He shuffles off in one direction, then comes back and heads in another, like he's being sent on a goose chase.

Verdant Wheel

Male elven cleric of Ketephys 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 19 (20 w/ shield cantrip) | F +8 R +8 W +12 | Resist Void 1 | Speed 35’ | Font 3/4| Hero Points 2 | Exploration: Search | Conditions:

Vardarel gets delayed on his way to the ship. He gets there just as Stitch finishes getting Meatwagon aboard.

As Stitch gets the vehicle into place, Vardarel rereads the missive from Ambrus Valsin along with the agent profiles.

Once aboard, he asks Stitch “Is there some way to make Meatwagon a little more discrete? Sounds like we have unknown enemies, a lower profile might be nice.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
◆◇↺ | 5-12 (Thread|Slides)

"Hey, wait! Wait up!" A Nephilim woman with dark skin and silver horns runs onto the ship deck, holding a letter. "One sec- gotta catch my breath." She sees the captain giving her a dirty look, and she shoots one back. "Cram it, Cap'n. Me and my team- we're your passengers to Hinji, not them. See?" She hands the captain a letter, and he sighs. He's about to speak when she shushes him. "They're on the way."

Turning back to you, she finally stops panting. "We got our assignments mixed up. My friends and I need to go to Hinji and find some missing Pathfinders." It's an exchange of information to quickly gain trust. "You need to go on that ship, the Sunbaked Iguana." She points to the adjacent pier. "Venture-Captain Sigvard Tornkvist said she wanted you, and she referred to you by name." The woman pulls out a different missive confirming everything she said. "She's in the Open Road Lodge on Northern Mwangi."

The captain's growling is too loud for the woman to ignore. "Relax, they're on their way. I told them not to waste too much time in the market." She sighs and turns back to you. "I'd love to stay and chat, but ya'll gotta go, the ship is leaving in like 10 minutes."

So, off you go onto the Sunbaked Iguana. The prow on the ship has a wooden carving of a lounging lizard wearing some kind of glasses and sipping from a straw. This ship's captain seems to be laid back. "Eh, you're our passengers, right? We need to leave in about 10 minutes or so before high tide hits. The sunset reflects off the sea at just the right angle."

The crew also seems quite relaxed, only raising their voice to give directions, or announcing schools of fish for you to see. Naptime seems to be arbitrary, and those who are awake love teaching various card games. And sunbathing. Lots of sunbathing.

It doesn't take too long before you reach the damp jungles of Northern Mwangi. "Here's your destination, folks." The captain drops a wide, reinforced gangplank onto the sandy coast. "Man, this place is nice. I bet the sun streaks through the leaves in just the right way- CREW! DAY OFF!"

The crew shouts in approval and start disembarking, quickly setting up tents, fire pits, and various amounts of preserved meat. "Happy crew, fast sails. That's my motto!" The captain vaults off the ship onto the beach. "Welcome to the Mwangi Expanse!"

Envoy's Alliance

[S01-14] Female Versatile Human Bomber Alchemist 4 / Talisman Dabbler | Martial Disciple | HP 44/44, AC 20 (21 w Buckler raised), Fortitude** +9, Reflex** +11, Will* +7, Perception* +7, Stealth* +9 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Investigate | Active Conditions ↺ Resist Harm | ◆◇↺

"Yes, I hope so." Nicole replies and double-checks the missive as she didn't have the chance to do so while they were in the rush to get into the correct ship.

Nicole enjoys the travel to their next destination by watching schools of fish when the chance allows them. She also watches those playing card games but refuses to join when invited.

Verdant Wheel

”Soup?” | 820-2006 | Female Gnome (Aasimar Emberkin) Phoenix Sorceress 4 | ◇ ◈ ↺ | HP 36/36 | AC 19 | F + 8 R +9 W +9 (+1 to saves vs fire effects) | Perc +6 | 25 Speed | Focus 1/1 | Spells 1st 4/4; 2nd 3/3 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active Conditions: Low-Light, Darkvision, Resistance (Fire 2, Negative 1) ---

Meanwhile, on the beach...

Clover has been helping prepare a Mwangi-style barbecue when she looks up and sees the passengers and crew disembarking. "Oh! You're here! You're here!"

She runs towards her friends, with Mr. Potbelly in tow. Tangy barbecue sauce threatens to spill out on the beach as the cauldron runs alongside her.

Clang! Clang! Clangity-Clang-Clang!

"What brings you all out here? I've been helping out in the Lodge of the Open Road's kitchens. They get food from everywhere."

Verdant Wheel

Male elven cleric of Ketephys 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 19 (20 w/ shield cantrip) | F +8 R +8 W +12 | Resist Void 1 | Speed 35’ | Font 3/4| Hero Points 2 | Exploration: Search | Conditions:

Vardarel is amused by the sudden change of orders. He doesn’t mind at all, just hands over the information he had and makes his way to the other ship.

This will be my first trip to the Lodge of the Open Road.

While sailing, he tries to pick up some information about the Mwangi Expanse and the lodge.

When the ship finally arrives, Vardarel is surprised to see Clover already on the shore. He is not surprised at seeing Mr. Potbelly following her.

They haven’t told us what the job is, just to show up here.

Radiant Oath

SQUAWK! | 2396852-2005 | CG Male Tengu Battledancer | Musical Prodigy (Dance) | Swashbuckler Lvl 4 | Acrobat Dedication | ◆◇↺ | HP 50/50 | AC 21 (23 w/ buckler) | F/R/W: 9/11/9 | Perc +9, Low Light | 30 feet | Class DC 19 | Resistances: Negative 1 | Performance(E)/Acrobatics(E): +11, Stealth/Diplomacy/Deception/Thievery: +9, Athletics: +7, Lore (Music, PFS): +6 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Roark heads down the gangway, his head low and mind wandering, apparently missing the delicious soup from Clover's cauldron. He perks up as the smell of barbecue hits him. "Hmmm... that smells nice..." he says softly, right before hearing the familiar clanging of Mr Potbelly. He looks up, shocked, as Clover is running towards the group!

"CLOVER!" Roark yells in both surprise and glee. He charges down the gangway, shouldering Stitch and Meat Wagon into the water with a splash as he races to greet his friend. He barely misses stomping on Mr Midnight's tail before he's enthusiastically hugging Clover then sticking his head into Mr Potbelly, looking for soup.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Male Inventor 4 HP: 50/50 | Steel Shield 20/20 | AC: 21 | F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | Perc (T): +9 | Hero Point: 0 | Speed: 20 (15)ft. | Active Conditions: Critical Overdrive +5
Vardarel wrote:
Once aboard, he asks Stitch “Is there some way to make Meatwagon a little more discrete? Sounds like we have unknown enemies, a lower profile might be nice.

"I mean.. I can throw a white tarp over it and we can call it a ghost?" He snickers before being interrupted by the Nephilim. "You serious? That's what I get for showing up early.. more work." He hollers back to the crew "Get those planks ready again, just make a ramp here and I'll make it quick."

He climbs up on Meat and gingerly backs up, lining up with the planks. "Clear out, time to move!" Stitch pounds on the dash board and holds on for dear life "Hammer down Meaty, we got a ship to catch!" Thick black smoke pours from the freshly shined chrome exhaust as the engine revvs...


HP: 46/46 | AC: 20 | F: +11, R: +12, W: +10 | Perc (E): +10 | | Speed: 25 ft. | Construct Immunities | Speed: 25 ft. | Construct Immunities | Active Conditions: Critical Overdrive +5, Unstable

Hammering down ugly. You got it.

Meat Wagon spins its tires until they gain traction and hits the ramp with as much momentum as possible.

Athletics: Long Jump: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

An odd Weeeeee! sound seems to ring through the air. Must be the wind whipping through an exhaust tube or something.

Envoy's Alliance

Dwarven Male Inventor 4 HP: 50/50 | Steel Shield 20/20 | AC: 21 | F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | Perc (T): +9 | Hero Point: 0 | Speed: 20 (15)ft. | Active Conditions: Critical Overdrive +5

Finally arriving Stitch takes a bit more time unloading Meat Wagon from the Sunbaked Hippy Barge "Gotta be more careful Meat, this boat could be our ride home, and we don't want to break anything."

He glares at Roark for his antics, not quite sure how that bird man could move his wagon but wringing out his sleeves just the same. "Hello Clover, good seeing you and your magic pot." His nose echoing that statement.


◆◇↺ | 5-12 (Thread|Slides)

"We're making s'mores, so come back here when you're done!" The captain sits back on a chair and pulls up his sunbathing screen.

It doesn't take too long to reach a >stone tower overflowing with vines,< grass, and a red roof. Each stair leading to the entrance bears the glyph of the Open Road. Looks like this is the lodge.

You are directed to a private meeting room with a >droomar woman sitting at the far end.< She matches the description of Venture-Captain Sigvard Tornkvist. She quickly glances around the room and nods approvingly. “You’re all here. Very good, let us begin. What I’m about to tell you concerns the Maze of the Open Road. Some of you may have already traveled through it, but for those who don’t know, it’s a network of magical portals, which Pathfinder agents use to quickly reach lodges and other sites across Golarion."

"Recently, our field agents assigned to missions through the Maze have started reporting strange happenings. On many occasions, Pathfinders using well-known routes and portals have exited the Maze in completely different locations than they expected. What’s more, several Pathfinders have encountered traps and other dangers that certainly were not there before."

She sighs, removes her glasses and places them on the table, pinching her brow in an attempt to avoid a headache, then continues, “Thankfully, there have been no serious injuries yet, but many missions have been delayed or gone wrong. I’ve collated the reports, and it seems obvious all these incidents are connected. I don’t know what is causing it, but I’ve come to the conclusion that something or someone is altering the landmarks our agents use for navigation.”

Sigvard opens a scroll, which seems to contain a list. “I need you to enter the Maze and study at least three of the landmarks in this report. Find out what the source of these issues is and, if possible, put an end to it. Any questions?”

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male elven cleric of Ketephys 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 19 (20 w/ shield cantrip) | F +8 R +8 W +12 | Resist Void 1 | Speed 35’ | Font 3/4| Hero Points 2 | Exploration: Search | Conditions:

Has it gotten worse since the time we toured it with Taiwalei? There the elemental planes were intruding.


◆◇↺ | 5-12 (Thread|Slides)

"The elemental storms, right?" Tornkvist pulls out a journal and reads through some of it. "I didn't read any reports like that. These are more mundane tricks, like falling into pits or getting tied up and restrained."

You can roll an Arcana or Pathfinder Society Lore check to learn more about the Maze of the Open Road. Note that everyone is trained in Pathfinder Society Lore.

Radiant Oath

SQUAWK! | 2396852-2005 | CG Male Tengu Battledancer | Musical Prodigy (Dance) | Swashbuckler Lvl 4 | Acrobat Dedication | ◆◇↺ | HP 50/50 | AC 21 (23 w/ buckler) | F/R/W: 9/11/9 | Perc +9, Low Light | 30 feet | Class DC 19 | Resistances: Negative 1 | Performance(E)/Acrobatics(E): +11, Stealth/Diplomacy/Deception/Thievery: +9, Athletics: +7, Lore (Music, PFS): +6 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

PFS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

At high tier, Roark only remembers how to spell "Pathfinder" with a roll like that! :)

Verdant Wheel

Male elven cleric of Ketephys 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 19 (20 w/ shield cantrip) | F +8 R +8 W +12 | Resist Void 1 | Speed 35’ | Font 3/4| Hero Points 2 | Exploration: Search | Conditions:

Lore Pathfinder Society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Good! I don’t want to fight more of those weird sharks.

Does sound like we should be wary of traps as we go.

Envoy's Alliance

Dwarven Male Inventor 4 HP: 50/50 | Steel Shield 20/20 | AC: 21 | F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | Perc (T): +9 | Hero Point: 0 | Speed: 20 (15)ft. | Active Conditions: Critical Overdrive +5

Meat Wagon motors through the jungle, its tires slinging mud and smoke every which way. Stitch leaves it outside to do what it may while they meet with the VC.

"Name's Stitch, clan Steeltoe." He introduces himself, tugging uncomfortably on his breastplate collar. The heat and heaviness wearing on him.

PFS: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

"Traps in a tunnel? Sounds like kobolds. We just dealt with all those traps, well, some of them." He wonders just why they've changed the policy on kobold roasting the last few years. Maybe that's about to get walked back in the next few days.

"Those sharks were strange, but at least the alloys we found were useful." Stitch agrees with the Elf, grinning at Meat's newer upgrades.

"So just to keep this straight: you want us to roll through the maze and mulch anything and anyone digging pits or setting snares correct? How about painting some fresh lines to help with traffic? Or putting up signs so people stop getting lost?"


◆◇↺ | 5-12 (Thread|Slides)

"We've tried putting up signs. Someone keeps stealing them." Tornkvist either doesn't get the joke or is leaning into it. "Some of them had the meaning altered to get people even more lost than before."

Vardarel and Stitch know that despite the fact that the Maze has been mostly stable in recent years, it can still grow new connections to not only locations across Golarion, but also to dangerous planes and planets. Furthermore, the Pathfinder Society has also intentionally extended the network to better enable rapid travel to new regions and lodges around Golarion.

You all take a moment to review Sigvard's report detailing 4 locations of interest.

TOPIARY TROUBLE:

Challenge Style: Combat
Sigvard’s Report: Something sinister is lurking in this area, scaring off travelers.

FEYHENGE:

Challenge Style: Combat, Outdoors Skills
Sigvard’s Report: Something is interfering with the magic of these standing stones in a dangerous way.

PERILOUS PATHWAYS:

Challenge Style: Combat, Obstacles
Sigvard’s Report: Someone has been digging holes and building barricades in this area.

STONE TEMPLE PILGRIMS:

Challenge Style: Puzzle, Knowledge Skills
Sigvard’s Report: Someone has moved the four druid statues, which were used for navigation.

ELEMENTAL DISCORD:

Challenge Style: Physical Skills, Social Skills
Sigvard’s Report: Elemental energies have taken over this area, causing a feud between two factions.

Radiant Oath

SQUAWK! | 2396852-2005 | CG Male Tengu Battledancer | Musical Prodigy (Dance) | Swashbuckler Lvl 4 | Acrobat Dedication | ◆◇↺ | HP 50/50 | AC 21 (23 w/ buckler) | F/R/W: 9/11/9 | Perc +9, Low Light | 30 feet | Class DC 19 | Resistances: Negative 1 | Performance(E)/Acrobatics(E): +11, Stealth/Diplomacy/Deception/Thievery: +9, Athletics: +7, Lore (Music, PFS): +6 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

"Roark. Roark Thunderbird! This is my merry band of adventurers!" Roark proclaims extravagantly (to the incredulous stares of his colleagues). "So what seems to be the problem?"

Radiant Oath

NG Female Human Witch 4 HP: 20/40 | AC: 16 (17 w/Mage Armor) | F: +8, R: +6, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Focus Points: 2/2 | 1st: 3/3, 2nd: 3/3 | Hero Points: | Active Conditions:

"Um, m-maybe we should start with the druid statues?" Fran suggests after scanning the reports. "If we can figure out what happened there, it might make getting around to handle some of the other locations a little, um, easier?"

I wish Bella and Khiari were here; this sort of thing would be right up their alley. But it's good to have Clover and Stitch back, too.

After another moment Fran turns her focus back to the task at hand and tries to recall something useful about how the Maze functions...

Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Verdant Wheel

”Soup?” | 820-2006 | Female Gnome (Aasimar Emberkin) Phoenix Sorceress 4 | ◇ ◈ ↺ | HP 36/36 | AC 19 | F + 8 R +9 W +9 (+1 to saves vs fire effects) | Perc +6 | 25 Speed | Focus 1/1 | Spells 1st 4/4; 2nd 3/3 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active Conditions: Low-Light, Darkvision, Resistance (Fire 2, Negative 1) ---

Lore (Pathfinder) T: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Clover thinks a moment. "Sure, we could do the druid statues! That sounds interesting!"

Envoy's Alliance

[S01-14] Female Versatile Human Bomber Alchemist 4 / Talisman Dabbler | Martial Disciple | HP 44/44, AC 20 (21 w Buckler raised), Fortitude** +9, Reflex** +11, Will* +7, Perception* +7, Stealth* +9 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Investigate | Active Conditions ↺ Resist Harm | ◆◇↺

"If agents are going somewhere other than their intended destination, we can check the Stone Temple Pilgrims as the starting point." Nicole suggests the same as Fran.

"Or maybe the two feuding factions are causing the erratic behavior in the Maze," she shrugs because she is not sure of what she just said.

"Trouble in topiary can be investigated as well. Better to keep the Maze safe for everyone." she continues.

Pathfinder Society Lore: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Verdant Wheel

Male elven cleric of Ketephys 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 19 (20 w/ shield cantrip) | F +8 R +8 W +12 | Resist Void 1 | Speed 35’ | Font 3/4| Hero Points 2 | Exploration: Search | Conditions:

Vardarel thinks a bit before speaking.

We are supposed to investigate three locations. So far people have indicated interest in the Stone Temple Pilgrims and the Topiaries.

Shall we do those two and then decide which location to investigate last?

I am fine with any of the options,

Radiant Oath

SQUAWK! | 2396852-2005 | CG Male Tengu Battledancer | Musical Prodigy (Dance) | Swashbuckler Lvl 4 | Acrobat Dedication | ◆◇↺ | HP 50/50 | AC 21 (23 w/ buckler) | F/R/W: 9/11/9 | Perc +9, Low Light | 30 feet | Class DC 19 | Resistances: Negative 1 | Performance(E)/Acrobatics(E): +11, Stealth/Diplomacy/Deception/Thievery: +9, Athletics: +7, Lore (Music, PFS): +6 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Roark is fine with any option as well


◆◇↺ | 5-12 (Thread|Slides)

Fran, Clover and Nicole all confirm >Vardarel and Stitch's< beliefs about the Maze of the Open Road.

"I suggest you head toward the central courtyard. All of the landmarks are accessible from there." The Venture-Captain cleans her glasses. "Best of luck to you all."

After gathering your provisions, you head towards a guarded entrance to the Maze.

Beyond the portal’s threshold, the sounds and sights of the Open Road Lodge quickly fade into a muted darkness, but just as suddenly, the darkness unravels as the twisted branches of a hedge wall rustle and uncurl to create a round entrance into a hedge maze. The air carries the scent of freshly cut grass, mixed with the sweet aroma of bright red roses that sporadically dot the lush, green maze walls.

The maze is surrounded by walls of rose bushes, around 20 feet high. Some spots look overgrown.

DC 13 Nature:
You realize the roses are Narven’s Tears, a species thought to have gone extinct more than 200 years ago.

3,401 to 3,450 of 3,552 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Longroads Coffeehouse 2.0 - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.