GM Doug's Lodge of the Living God (Gameday X) (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Maps | Macros | Razmiran Management Information System (RMIS)


1 to 50 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

An unexpected alliance begins! The masked priest Narsen invites the Pathfinders to the city of Xer in Razmiran, a closed nation dedicated to Razmir, the Living God. Normally insular and isolated, access to Razmiran represents a unique opportunity for the Pathfinder Society. Narsen has even sweetened the pot by offering to fund the repair of an old keep to serve as the Society's new lodge. As the first Pathfinders arrive to oversee repairs on the lodge-to-be, will this mark the historic first moment in an unlikely partnership, or will it trigger a disaster of unmitigated proportions?

Lodge of the Living God is a tier 1-4 scenario written by Alex Greenshields.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

We begin! Lots of upfront text here in the form of letters from your Venture Captains; please read carefully. Region map on Slide 1.

The Glass River lives up to its name: the barge, Queen of Elysium, hardly sways as she makes her way slowly upriver towards the enigmatic nation of Razmiran. Your destination is Prophet’s Rest, a small village in the suburbs of Ver, the nation’s capital.

Accommodations are hardly adequate on a ship like this, but at least it’s not cramped: not many choose to travel to Razmiran. There are only a few others who booked passage on this vessel: your fellow Pathfinders, a family of five refugees from Lastwall who look like they haven’t had a square meal in weeks, and a small team of skeevy-looking merchants who keep to themselves.

You lean against the railing and once again open the letters you received from Venture-Captain Holgarin Smine and Fola Barun:

Smine’s Letter:
Greetings, Pathfinders!

I was recently contacted by a high-ranking priest of the so-called god Razmir with an intriguing but troublesome offer: he claims to have his government’s permission to help us set up the first Pathfinder Lodge in the nation of Razmiran. As Pathfinders have been banned from Razmiran for over 50 years, the possibility of once again having access to that land is one we can’t ignore—but I don’t trust the theocratic Razmiri government. All they care about is praising the name of their fake god and keeping the common people poor and ignorant while they live high on the hog. Though I can’t imagine that they see the Society as anything but a nuisance, the agreement they offer seems reasonable.

Despite my misgivings, I’ve been ordered to investigate the proposed location. I’ve chartered you passage on a ship headed to Razmir to meet with this high-ranking priest in the village of Prophet’s Rest, a hamlet on the Glass River just west of Xer. The priest’s name is Narsen, and he’s expecting you. Help secure the location for the Lodge, make any necessary repairs, and hire some locals to help you hold it for the next month or so while I organize a more permanent staff.

I am sending you with a significant sum of cash to pay local workers, buy any construction materials, and grease a few palms if need be. I’m also including a few dozen bulbs of a magical plant called a Whispering Lily. These were given to me years ago by a Chelaxian associate, and once planted, the flowers have the ability to transmit sound to their sister plants here in Tymon. Plant them in secret around the new Lodge, and we’ll be able to keep better tabs on what’s going on with the locals once you leave.

Good luck!

Holgarin Smine

Fola’s Letter:
My dear allies, With the death of so many at the Siege of Gallowspire, the Envoy’s Alliance must redouble its efforts to recruit new members for the Society. Razmiran is a completely untapped source of new recruits, and although I know that Smine wishes you to find some who will serve the new Razmiri Lodge as guards and servants, you should also be on the lookout for anyone who might have the potential to one day become a full Pathfinder. Sadly, Razmiran is a land where few can be counted on not to report our secrets to the government, so I send you on a delicate mission: seek out the locals and gain their trust. Once you think you have it, try to ascertain whether or not they can keep a secret from their government. If they are trustworthy, give them one of the special tokens I have included with this missive, and tell them to return it to the Pathfinders of the Lodge once it is fully established. It will serve as a marker to those who come after you of the Razmiri’s trustworthiness. These markers are imprinted with the holy symbol of Razmir and should not arouse suspicion. With your help, we will return the Society to its former glory.

With greatest respect,
Fola Barun

⚒ ⚒ ⚒

You’ll be at Prophet’s Rest soon. Who knows what awaits?

Now is the time for character intros! Let us know who you are. Some prompts include how you feel about this mission, or how you pass time on the barge. We will do secret knowledge checks after everyone has had a chance to post.


Male CG Dwarf (Elemental Heart) Alchemist (Bomber) 11 | HP 142/142 | AC 29 | Fortitude (+22), Reflex (+20), Will (+17) | Perception (+16) darkvision | Hero Points 1 | Speed 25 | Darkvision | Infused Reagent 16/16 ; Energy Emanation 1/1, Winged Boots 1/1; Necklace of Fireballs 10d6 1/1, 8d6 2/2, 6d6 2/2 | Initiative: Avoid Notice +19 | Exploration Activity: Search +16 | Hero Points 1 | Active Conditions: None

A dwarf stalks the ship's small mess, appearing more doughy than doughty, with fiery red hair singed at the ends of his beard. He is in the process of pulling off a dusty apron, which he shoves into his pack. He rummages around a different pocket for a moment, then produces a bag of pastries, which he offers to the refugees and other agents.

"Daraj l'Bayal, at your service," he says with a bow. He then points to the food. "These journeys are often tedious, and sometimes we have to go straight to work after, so dig in! There's more where that came from." He then selects one and begins to eat it as he takes a seat.

Contrary to what you may have heard about dwarven baking, they are actually quite good.

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 4 | HP 48/48 | AC 21 | F +8 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Stealth +8 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/2 | spells 1 3/3 2 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: none

A golden oak-skinned gnome with wavy aquamarine hair and amethyst eyes grins at Daraj as she helps herself to a huge pastry. "Ooo! Thank you! Do you mind if I share it with that family over there? They look like they could use some padding on their insides." If there's no objection, she patters over to the family, doles out the treat, and chats with them for about ten minutes.

On her way back, she casts a spell to summon a viola. As she sets it on her shoulder, she addresses Daraj. "Thanks again. They're really nice folks, just kinda unsure of strangers. Anyway, did I give you my name yet? It's Salaish. And you are now my favorite person, because you brought treats! All right now! Get-to-know-you questions! Where was your last mission? Mine was at Dacilane Academy in Absalom. Answer while I play!" And with that, she pops a donut hole into her mouth and begins to play a jaunty tune on her viola. It's a little rough at first, because she's distracted by her chewing, but once she swallows it sounds much better.

Radiant Oath

CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 3 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 34/34 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 7/10/5 | Perc +5 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Crafting(E)/PFS Lore(E): +11, Arcana/Society/Absalom Lore: +9, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +8, Occultism(U)/Medicine(E): +7, Diplomacy/Athletics: +6, Survival: +5, Deception(U)/Performance(U)/Intimidation(U): +4, Religion(U)/Nature(U): +3

A green goblin, not looking where he's going, wanders down the deck of the barge. At usually the same time every day, he walks the deck to pass the time. His mind is elsewhere, reminiscing on his past adventures. In one hand, he holds a large pickle, which he happily eats while walking.

Bandoliers with multicolored vials holding strange liquids crisscross his body, marking him that of the alchemist profession. On his belt hangs a shiny new Wayfinder, a mark of his membership in the Pathfinder Society.

Suddenly, a flash of red and a large obstruction crosses his path. Unable to stop, he collides with the object and bounces off, sending pastries (and his pickle) flying in all directions. With an irritated snarl, the green goblin picks himself up off the deck, a hand on a vial, ready to throw.

"Why you'se suddenly..." he stops suddenly, eyes growing wide as he recognizes the red hair and beard. "Daraj?! You'se here too??!"

Looking at the frightened refugees, he is quick to flash them a toothy grin. "Oh, I's called Lokoloko. Daraj and me goes way back. Oh, did any of you'se sees where my pickle went?"

Radiant Oath

CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 3 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 34/34 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 7/10/5 | Perc +5 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Crafting(E)/PFS Lore(E): +11, Arcana/Society/Absalom Lore: +9, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +8, Occultism(U)/Medicine(E): +7, Diplomacy/Athletics: +6, Survival: +5, Deception(U)/Performance(U)/Intimidation(U): +4, Religion(U)/Nature(U): +3
Salaish Talenduth wrote:

A golden oak-skinned gnome with wavy aquamarine hair and amethyst eyes grins at Daraj as she helps herself to a huge pastry. "Ooo! Thank you! Do you mind if I share it with that family over there? They look like they could use some padding on their insides." If there's no objection, she patters over to the family, doles out the treat, and chats with them for about ten minutes.

On her way back, she casts a spell to summon a viola. As she sets it on her shoulder, she addresses Daraj. "Thanks again. They're really nice folks, just kinda unsure of strangers. Anyway, did I give you my name yet? It's Salaish. And you are now my favorite person, because you brought treats! All right now! Get-to-know-you questions! Where was your last mission? Mine was at Dacilane Academy in Absalom. Answer while I play!" And with that, she pops a donut hole into her mouth and begins to play a jaunty tune on her viola. It's a little rough at first, because she's distracted by her chewing, but once she swallows it sounds much better.

"I's gone to Scallion's Wrap and makes Rock Soup"

"Salaish? My Paffinder friend Gnimish was on Academy mission with you!"

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

"By Torag's iron ball, why would they send me on this job?" whines a blond, suntanned dwarf. "I ain't no diplomat. In fact, I'm more likely to piss people off than to sweet talk 'em."

The dwarf is wearing light leathers, and wears a shortsword, as well as few more weapons. "Daraj l'Bayal, what's the deal wit' th' gnome an' th' gobbo."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros
Salaish Talenduth wrote:
If there's no objection, she patters over to the family, doles out the treat, and chats with them for about ten minutes.

The mother and father pass all the bread to their children. The eldest son, only about twelve, also gives his share to the youngest. Salaish learns that the family of five are from Lastwall making their way to Razmiran, looking for a new start with a distant relative who works as a foreman on a farm in the Razmir heartlands.

Vigilant Seal

NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 6 | HP 76/76 | AC 25(27 w shield) | F +13 R +9 (+3 Bulwark) W +13 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 1/3 | Hero Point 0 | Active Conditions: Mind of Menace

Another dwarf would stand on the deck and look towards the horizon. Her long brown hair is kept in braids, she wears clerical robes on which she carries padded armor. On her neck, she carries a hammer symbol of Torag. She is broad in her shoulders and carries a big Warhammer on her belt.

She once again reads through the letters, 'find locals who will not work with the local government, are we preparing for a revolution to happen' thinks to herself clearly a bit annoyed by the mission.

When she spots the family of refugees she would approach them and offer her healing services and travel rations

"I am Makai Goldenoak, I am a cleric of Torag the forge-father. If you don't mind I would like to look at your wounds. Here are some rations, there are not very tasty but will keep your bellies full. " After spending her time with the refugees she would approach the Pathfinders.

"Makai Goldenoak. I am just coming back from a mission in Xin-Edasseril."

Her handshake is really strong to each one of you.

Radiant Oath

CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 3 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 34/34 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 7/10/5 | Perc +5 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Crafting(E)/PFS Lore(E): +11, Arcana/Society/Absalom Lore: +9, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +8, Occultism(U)/Medicine(E): +7, Diplomacy/Athletics: +6, Survival: +5, Deception(U)/Performance(U)/Intimidation(U): +4, Religion(U)/Nature(U): +3

"Makai? You'se knows Quickblade? He says you'se good cleric. I's can heal too, but I's use potions."

Turning to Dethos, "I's not diplomat either. First mission I had to talk for party. If not, I burns enemies." Lokoloko takes pleasure in stretching out the word "burn", his beady red eyes pulsing with ill-concealed glee.

Envoy's Alliance

N Male Fey-Touched Gnome Summoner 2 | Eidolon Dimitsi HP 32/32 | AC: 16 | F +8 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 |1 Hero point| Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice| Active Conditions: None

A small gnome with raven black hair and an oddly dark grey skin, stands on deck bedecked in expensive looking clothes with silver accents. A small red jewel with an eye looking pattern glimmers from his forehead.

Standing next to him is a tall humanoid burly figure in bedecked in a butler's outfit that, on a closer look, is entirely made out of spider webs. The man bears a blank white mask covering his face with the same red jewel on his forehead as the gnome.

Honzak had spent the first few days on the ship, lounging about in the sun trying to tan, (and achieving a slightly darker grey from it) with his butler brining him things as needed. He'd quickly bored of that and then gone onto analyzing the magics of the area for a day, before boring of the near non-existent auras. He takes the family history of the family traveling with them but finds the lack of anything more interesting than a cousin who married another man disappointing. Having cycled through various activities, today he'd settled on lying on the prow of the ship and silently lamenting his fate.

He barely perks up at the pastries, lazily waving his hand as the butler moves to grab two and bring them over. One he hands to the gnome who eats at them lazily, but seems to gain a little more excitement as he digs in to the pastry. The other one is in the hands of the butler one moment and gone a blink later, his jaw moving behind the mask.

Honzak pushes up from the railing and moves to give the chef his compliments. He finds the dwarf and extends a hand. "Honzakqed Thomecon, future Arclord of Nex. And can I get your name?" He then raises his mostly eaten pastry. "These are actually pretty tasty. How did you get the cream filing to be so rich, but yet still light?"

Grabbing another one of the pastries, he takes a seat close to where the extra pastries are and blinks for a moment as he is accosted by another gnome. He extends a hand, repeating his name before adding, "It's my first mission outside of the city of Quantinium. Vash-Vatom Sebnet said she signed me up for it. 'Good for you to get out of the city and see how life out there can be' or something along those lines. Was not expecting to be on a boat where the most exciting thing to happen to it was termites 3 years ago!" He glowers back into his second pastry, but seems to calm some as the music starts. He occasionally shouts out some advice but seems to enjoy the song "Don't go singing with your mouthful, you'll ruin your voice! Careful on those trills in that second part there. your dragging them out too long. Nice tempo change there!"

The gnome gives a small shriek of surprise as a half eaten pickle lands in his lap. "GREAT POWERS OF NEX WHAT IS THAT!?" He picks it up and chucks it away as his butler catches it. Honzak looks at the offending foreign object, and moves inside to where his clothes are to change his pants.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male-presenting Psychopomp Eidolon 2 | Honzaqed HP 32/32 | AC: 18 | F +9 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25 feet | 1 Sonic resistance | Exploration Activity: Scout | Active Conditions: None

Holding onto the half-eaten pickle, with a slightly tanned hand, Dimitsi slowly walks over to the goblin. There's just the slightest hint of something being off about the way he moves, almost as if he'd learned how to move by watching people and not by having to do it himself. He moves up next to Lokoloko and extends the lost pickle. With a tenor voice that faintly rings as if funeral bells were ringing far off in the distance, he comments, "Young sir, I believe you dropped this earlier. It hasn't been on the floor, so it should be safe to eat. Please be careful about eating and walking in the future. The amount of deaths caused by choking in such circumstances is surprisingly high."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:

Daraj l'Bayal's Society (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Lokoloko's Society (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Salaish Talenduth's Society (T): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Dethor's Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Honzak's Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Makai's Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Makai also befriends the family, though she can see they're starting to feel bad getting so much attention.

Honzak learns about their history as well before meeting a new nemesis in the form of a pickle.

Most of you know that this family probably won’t fare much better in Razmiran. Common Razmiri are poor and are closely monitored by the government. The clergy of Razmir are its upper and governing class and live in opulence.

All PCs but Honzak (maybe it was the pickle?) understand which topics to avoid, and receive a +1 circumstance bonus to Make An Impression or Request things from citizens of that Razmiran for the adventure. I expect you to remember this if making non-secret checks.

Radiant Oath

CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 3 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 34/34 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 7/10/5 | Perc +5 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Crafting(E)/PFS Lore(E): +11, Arcana/Society/Absalom Lore: +9, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +8, Occultism(U)/Medicine(E): +7, Diplomacy/Athletics: +6, Survival: +5, Deception(U)/Performance(U)/Intimidation(U): +4, Religion(U)/Nature(U): +3

Lokoloko stares at Dimitsi, not quite sure of what to make of him. Wordlessly, he takes the pickle, takes a bite and drops it back into the pickle jar he carries with him.

Envoy's Alliance

N Male-presenting Psychopomp Eidolon 2 | Honzaqed HP 32/32 | AC: 18 | F +9 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25 feet | 1 Sonic resistance | Exploration Activity: Scout | Active Conditions: None

Dimitsi extends a hand to the goblin, and without bending over somehow reaches it down to the level the where Lokoloko could take it without having to reach up more than he'd need to reach for a fellow goblin his own size. "Dimitsi. It's a pleasure to meet you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go clean some 'vinegar cucumber horror juice' out of someone's 'third best traveling pants' before they're 'ruined forever.' Have a good day and try not to die." With this he bows and then gracefully walks to the room that Honzak disappeared into.


Male CG Dwarf (Elemental Heart) Alchemist (Bomber) 11 | HP 142/142 | AC 29 | Fortitude (+22), Reflex (+20), Will (+17) | Perception (+16) darkvision | Hero Points 1 | Speed 25 | Darkvision | Infused Reagent 16/16 ; Energy Emanation 1/1, Winged Boots 1/1; Necklace of Fireballs 10d6 1/1, 8d6 2/2, 6d6 2/2 | Initiative: Avoid Notice +19 | Exploration Activity: Search +16 | Hero Points 1 | Active Conditions: None

"Sometimes I think they send me on these missions so no one has to eat any of Lokoloko's pickles. Though I can attest that he's a fair hand in a fight - easily the second-best bomb-chucker in the Society!" He winks at the goblin.

Daraj then nods to the refugees in a gesture that he hopes conveys eat as much as you want, but I'll leave you alone unless you ask for me.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

You finally reach your destination, pickle jars and "butlers" intact one and all.

The Queen of Elysium pulls alongside the dock of the small Razmiri village of Prophet’s Rest on a chilly morning, with the sun just beginning to burn the mist off the Glass River. The rickety wooden dock is quiet, with only a few fishermen going about their business while a single guard in the yellow and purple colors of Razmiran leans lazily against a longspear. He jumps to attention when the ship’s gangplank comes crashing down, then lumbers toward the ship, stretching his cold limbs.

As the other passengers move to disembark, a priest of Razmir appears out of the fog. He seems to be middle aged, with thinning grey hair. He wears an iron mask and white robes, and comes flanked by two more guards who eye everyone with their hands near their weapons. The priest places himself at the bottom of the gangplank, ready to meet the travelers. Art on Slide 1.

The first group to descend is the group of merchants. They hand a small bag to the priest, who peers inside, then nods and curtly gestures for them to move on. Adequate.

Next are a family of five Lastwall refugees. They look afraid and bewildered. The father fishes through his packs and hands a few silver coins to the masked priest. The priest looks at the coins with obvious disdain and hands the money back, motioning for the family to return to the ship. However, the ship's boatswain moves to the gangplank and shakes her head. Ye only paid fer passage this far. Ye gets off here.

The parents turn back to the priest. Please— the mother sobs, before she is cut off by the iron-masked priest. He points at the oldest child and states: “If you cannot pay the "immigration fee," you may dedicate your child to the Razmiran priesthood instead.”

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 4 | HP 48/48 | AC 21 | F +8 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Stealth +8 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/2 | spells 1 3/3 2 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: none
Lokoloko wrote:
"Salaish? My Paffinder friend Gnimish was on Academy mission with you!"

"Oh, Gnimish! He was a riot! And a good teammate, too. Pleased to meet you."

Dethor wrote:
"Daraj l'Bayal, what's the deal wit' th' gnome an' th' gobbo."

Salaish deliberately puts all her focus into her music to avoid responding to that remark.

As Honzak begins correcting her, she is at first rather annoyed, though she hides it by acting extra playful. As it goes on, however, she realizes that he doesn't actually *mean* to be irritating, so she decided to give Mr. Oblivious a pass this time.

Once she finishes her set, the viola disappears and she nabs one last pastry for herself. "Wow, I would've thought the Society would've sent more smooth talkers for a mission like this. I wonder if they chose all of you for reasons. I hope not! Anyway, I'm a pretty good talker, myself, so you can leave it to me, I guess. --Hey! Speaking of which..."

And with that, Salaish grabs a few pastries and bounds off to say hello to the shady-looking merchants. "Hi guys! Would you like some pastries? Daraj's are the best! I'm Salaish. Our group's heading to Prophet's Nest to meet with a priest there. Where's your business taking you?"

If a Diplomacy check is necessary, Salaish has a +8.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM screen:
1d20 ⇒ 19

Before:

The merchants merely sneer at Salaish at first, but accept the pastries. They're faithful Razmirans bringing in tchotchkes at greatly marked-up value to sell to the uneducated locals… or, "rubes" as they call them.

Now:

The merchants vanish into the fog.

The refugee family looks around, bewildered and distressed at the idea of giving up their eldest son forever. The younger siblings start to cry. The priest stands there, as inflexible as the iron of his mask.


Male CG Dwarf (Elemental Heart) Alchemist (Bomber) 11 | HP 142/142 | AC 29 | Fortitude (+22), Reflex (+20), Will (+17) | Perception (+16) darkvision | Hero Points 1 | Speed 25 | Darkvision | Infused Reagent 16/16 ; Energy Emanation 1/1, Winged Boots 1/1; Necklace of Fireballs 10d6 1/1, 8d6 2/2, 6d6 2/2 | Initiative: Avoid Notice +19 | Exploration Activity: Search +16 | Hero Points 1 | Active Conditions: None

"Surely your god would prefer his initiates to be willing soula, the better to serve him. What would it take to allow these fine individuals to pass?"

Charisma -1, so no help with dice.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

The priest turns to Daraj. Hmm? What does willingness have to do with state-mandated duty to the Living God, Thrice-Blessed be His name?

If you want to try and convince the boatswain to let the refugees back aboard (for a price), or the priest to accept payment from you, you can make use Diplomacy to Make A Request, Intimidation to Coerce, or Deception to Lie, or sell me on some other skill.

Vigilant Seal

NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 6 | HP 76/76 | AC 25(27 w shield) | F +13 R +9 (+3 Bulwark) W +13 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 1/3 | Hero Point 0 | Active Conditions: Mind of Menace

When Makai walks down the plank she is wearing her half-plate armor, on her back hangs the steel shield and on her hand she carries a spiked glove.

When she sees what is happening with the family of refugees. She walks towards the priest

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"I always preferred gods who could show mercy and compassion, especially to those that were experienced."

She moves closer to the priest and guards

"If you let them in, you will win the hearts of the family. They will be believers, they will pay for the church, being genros to them would be good for you."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

The priest looks at makai.

Hmmm. Your preferences are dulty noted, visitor, but are mere dust in the wind to the Living God. Futher, I am not interested in hearts. I am interested in the applicable immigration fees we apply at our border.

However, he appreciates the dwarf's diplomatic entreaty in his own way. That said, if you wish to pay for these fools, you are free to do so. Say… 6 silver for each of these people. 3 gold.

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 4 | HP 48/48 | AC 21 | F +8 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Stealth +8 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/2 | spells 1 3/3 2 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: none

'Say' 6 silver each? Ugh! Salaish can't help but hear the implication of this little word. She smiles sweetly and replies: "Can you please show us the written law book with the appropriate section on applicable immigration fees that you apply at your border?" I doubt you'll be willing to, you slimy, corrupt eel!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Includes the scenario's +1 bonus to Request something of a citizen of Razmiran.

Salaish will agree to pay up to 1 gp for the family, whichever route they choose.


Male CG Dwarf (Elemental Heart) Alchemist (Bomber) 11 | HP 142/142 | AC 29 | Fortitude (+22), Reflex (+20), Will (+17) | Perception (+16) darkvision | Hero Points 1 | Speed 25 | Darkvision | Infused Reagent 16/16 ; Energy Emanation 1/1, Winged Boots 1/1; Necklace of Fireballs 10d6 1/1, 8d6 2/2, 6d6 2/2 | Initiative: Avoid Notice +19 | Exploration Activity: Search +16 | Hero Points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Daraj will keep his mouth shut, but offer to contribute to the immigration fees when the time comes.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor steps up.
”Six silver each? Naw, I can’t believe it!

“Last time I was in these parts the priest was offering a stipend to immigrants, welcoming the future devotees to the Living God to the blessed lands. While times are tough, I can understand that this program might have been relaxed, but I cannot believe that things are have gotten so bad under the Living God, Thrice-Blessed be His name, that you would have to resort to such measures.

“I’ll have to go talk to me or friend, the magistrate, t’ find out what has happened. What was her name, son?”

deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
deception reroll if that failed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Radiant Oath

CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 3 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 34/34 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 7/10/5 | Perc +5 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Crafting(E)/PFS Lore(E): +11, Arcana/Society/Absalom Lore: +9, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +8, Occultism(U)/Medicine(E): +7, Diplomacy/Athletics: +6, Survival: +5, Deception(U)/Performance(U)/Intimidation(U): +4, Religion(U)/Nature(U): +3

Lokoloko steps up to beside Daraj. He is quiet, but his goblin heart burns with anger at the thought of the Razmirans wanting to separate this poor family.

He casts a sideways glance at Daraj, his beady red eyes pulsing. His hand unconsciously drops to one of the vials at his belt.

He stays quiet, preferring to do his talking with flammable liquids, if need be. Lokoloko will contribute to the pot as well, if needed.

Envoy's Alliance

N Male Fey-Touched Gnome Summoner 2 | Eidolon Dimitsi HP 32/32 | AC: 16 | F +8 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 |1 Hero point| Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice| Active Conditions: None

Honzakqed emerges from the cabin of the ship in a comepletely different outfit, this one a light grey that compliments his skin tone beautifully. In addition he seems to have added a dark green cape across one shoulder, in way that has more to do with fashion than keeping him warm or dry. Finally what seemed to be a decoration on his last outfit proves to be a pendant of a crescent moon with the phases of it worked into the face of it wrought in silver. From one hip hangs a small crossbow.

Dimitsi comes out behind him, towering over the shorter gnome, a backpack on his 'shoulders' the only addition to his ensemble.

He walks down the gangplank with a disaffected look on his face, trying not to directly engage with the officials and men around him. He does start to engage when the family is turned away at the gates for the lack of money.

"My, certainly hurts the image of your country and deity if you turn away a poor family willing to work and potentially convert without either a hefty chunk of money or a forcing their oldest child into religious service. Almost like you need to use bribes or force to proselytize instead of just the power of your faith's appeal."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM screen:
5d20 ⇒ (13, 8, 13, 13, 11) = 58

The priest responds in a nasally voice, to each of you in kind.

I should introduce myself: I am Priest Lumley, an Acolyte of the First Step. This is not the Razmiran you were told to meet. There may be more than one in town.

Salaish Talenduth wrote:
"Can you please show us the written law book with the appropriate section on applicable immigration fees that you apply at your border?"

If you wish to discuss the rules and the scriptures, come with me to the temple. It will take several hours to give an outsider such as you a mere glimpse of the subtleties of the Living God — thrice-blessed be his name — and in the meantime we shall leave this family here in the cold at the docks, under guard, with the boat long gone. I have also heard that you are meeting another clergyman here, yes? But perhaps a Mask of the Twelfth Step would entertain a delay of several hours. Surely he has nothing better to do with his time. The choice is yours.

Dethor Ironfist wrote:
Last time I was in these parts the priest was offering a stipend to immigrants, welcoming the future devotees to the Living God to the blessed lands.

The priest seems shocked at this revelation. My, my. Please, what was this priest's name and location? I shall immediately report him for assignment to a re-education camp. No need to spend a hero point.

Honzakqed Thomecon wrote:
"My, certainly hurts the image of your country and deity if you turn away a poor family willing to work and potentially convert without either a hefty chunk of money or a forcing their oldest child into religious service. Almost like you need to use bribes or force to proselytize instead of just the power of your faith's appeal."

Insulting Razmir's faith is an interesting strategy, diplomat. I am making an exception to the written law for you already: we are not allowed to accept donations for other parties at the border. Charity is a sin, as it teaches sloth and may become a detriment to this family's journey of faith. The border fee is merely their first step on the path to enlightnment in the one true faith. And there will be many steps. As their spiritual leader, it is my blessed burden to extract their gold.

However, let it not be said Razmir will not make an exception to spread his faith. I will accept the coins from this family, and reduce the fees for the youngest one from six silver to one. Perhaps you will spread the word that Razmir — thrice-blessed be his name — is a welcoming and kind god.

2.5 gold to the cleric plus the family's money, or 3 to the bosun to allow them back on the boat, or allow him to claim the eldest son. That's as far as you will get with dimploacy here.


Male CG Dwarf (Elemental Heart) Alchemist (Bomber) 11 | HP 142/142 | AC 29 | Fortitude (+22), Reflex (+20), Will (+17) | Perception (+16) darkvision | Hero Points 1 | Speed 25 | Darkvision | Infused Reagent 16/16 ; Energy Emanation 1/1, Winged Boots 1/1; Necklace of Fireballs 10d6 1/1, 8d6 2/2, 6d6 2/2 | Initiative: Avoid Notice +19 | Exploration Activity: Search +16 | Hero Points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Daraj turns to the bosun. "If we pay for the family to continue their journey, where will you take them?"

More inclined to pony up the extra to get them somewhere less creepy, if that is an option.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

The bosun nods. Back where we came. Back towards Cassomir or somesuch

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor ignores the question from this minor priest/bureaucrat. He also pays close attention to the guards, wondering who they are guarding (sense motive)

"Yes, I am sure that an initiate of the first circle will not want to let one of the twelfth wait for him."

He pulls out three gold coins from the stash that the party was sent to pay this petty priest. "Three gold. What has happened to this fine nation?" he proclaims, shaking his head in "disbelief". "Let us be going. Wouldn't want to keep the High Priest waiting!"

While walking, Dethor keeps his eyes open for "opportunities".


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Spoiler:
2d20 ⇒ (14, 1) = 15

Looks like we have a vote to pay the cleric and one to the bosun. Either is fine but speak up if you have any other opinions. The family seems anxious about their decision to emigrate here, perhaps they're thinking it was a mistake.

Dethor senses the guards are guarding the priest, and that they are fiercely loyal. He doesn't see any marks right now (nat 1) — too foggy!

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 6 | HP 76/76 | AC 25(27 w shield) | F +13 R +9 (+3 Bulwark) W +13 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 1/3 | Hero Point 0 | Active Conditions: Mind of Menace

Makai heads to the family and takes them to the side

"What do you think? We shall pay the immigration fee if you wish to live here. I must say that I would probably pick a different destination but you should know best what is good for your family."

She looks around and nods at Salaish and Honzakqed

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Would +1 bonus apply here?

"It seems that Pathfinders might set up a lodge here if we do so we would be looking for trusted people. If you decide to stay here, and you should not think that you have to now, you might find work at the lodge."

He turns towards Salaish and Honzakqed and asks "Don't you think?"

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 4 | HP 48/48 | AC 21 | F +8 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Stealth +8 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/2 | spells 1 3/3 2 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: none
Priest Lumley the Jerk wrote:
If you wish to discuss the rules and the scriptures, come with me to the temple. It will take several hours to give an outsider such as you a mere glimpse of the subtleties of the Living God — thrice-blessed be his name — and in the meantime we shall leave this family here in the cold at the docks, under guard, with the boat long gone. I have also heard that you are meeting another clergyman here, yes? But perhaps a Mask of the Twelfth Step would entertain a delay of several hours. Surely he has nothing better to do with his time. The choice is yours.

Narrowing her eyes slightly, Salaish just stares him down because she's concerned about overdoing it. The effect isn't as withering as she'd hoped.

Makai wrote:

"It seems that Pathfinders might set up a lodge here if we do so we would be looking for trusted people. If you decide to stay here, and you should not think that you have to now, you might find work at the lodge."

He turns towards Salaish and Honzakqed and asks "Don't you think?"

"I'm open to that. But truly, the choice is yours. Things will only get more like this farther in, so keep that in mind. And with charity being a sin, few people are going to risk helping you."

Salaish will support whatever the family chooses. If they decide to leave, she'll slip them 5 gold from her personal money so they can get lodging and food when they get back to land.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

1d100 ⇒ 71

They prefer going back.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Dwarf (Elemental Heart) Alchemist (Bomber) 11 | HP 142/142 | AC 29 | Fortitude (+22), Reflex (+20), Will (+17) | Perception (+16) darkvision | Hero Points 1 | Speed 25 | Darkvision | Infused Reagent 16/16 ; Energy Emanation 1/1, Winged Boots 1/1; Necklace of Fireballs 10d6 1/1, 8d6 2/2, 6d6 2/2 | Initiative: Avoid Notice +19 | Exploration Activity: Search +16 | Hero Points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Daraj pays the bosun. "Safe travels, and do spread the word about the Living God, thrice-something be his name."

Radiant Oath

CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 3 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 34/34 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 7/10/5 | Perc +5 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Crafting(E)/PFS Lore(E): +11, Arcana/Society/Absalom Lore: +9, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +8, Occultism(U)/Medicine(E): +7, Diplomacy/Athletics: +6, Survival: +5, Deception(U)/Performance(U)/Intimidation(U): +4, Religion(U)/Nature(U): +3

Lokoloko hands 4gp to the family. "You'se go back. Better for you'se to stay together and not worry about this living god or whatever."

"I's knows whasislike to be hungry. You'se don't needs this living god of theirs. Good luck."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Daraj pays the Bosun. The family gives you hugs and then weep with gratitude as the boat drifts away into the fog. When you turn back, the cleric and his guards are gone.

⚒ ⚒ ⚒

As you get your own gear off the ship, another figure some through the fog. This one comes alone, but has an air of power and magnetism; the mist itself seems to part as he approaches. He wears blue silk robes with a cowl edged in silver thread; his face is covered in a silver mask that conceals all of his facial features except intelligent and inquisitive hazel eyes.

He waves, his soft voice friendly. Ahh! Ahoy, friends! He does a shallow bow. Mask Narsen, short for Mask of the Twelfth Step. It is so good to see you have arrived safely! Please, come with me — I have prepared a lovely breakfast at the inn — I suspect that you are famished.

Envoy's Alliance

N Male Fey-Touched Gnome Summoner 2 | Eidolon Dimitsi HP 32/32 | AC: 16 | F +8 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 |1 Hero point| Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice| Active Conditions: None

Honzak hands the family a gold piece as well, a very slight pink tinge coming to his face. "I, uh, left most of my money back in Nex in case of thieves, but I can part with this."

Also from personal money, but after buying things, he's only got 2gp and a bit

======

Finally seeing someone with a sense of hospitality, Honzak gives a wide grin and marches up to the priest with open arms and almost no signs of mistrust. "Ah, finally! Someone with some manners! It's a pleasure to meet you Narsen, I am Honzakqed Thomecon, Honzak is fine. The tall one in the black suit and mask is Dimitsi. We also have the musically talented Salaish, the loathesome-smelling-cucumber-weilding Lokoloko, and then the dwarves. The firey-bearded one would be Daraj, an excellent pastry chef; the blond one is Dethor, he scowls a lot but I think he's got a soft side; and finally the one with the braids and warhammer is Makai, she's got a strong handshake." After introducing everyone he turns back to the priest. "I would LOVE to have some breakfast, I'm positively famished, and the place to get our bearings would be appreciated."

Radiant Oath

CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 3 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 34/34 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 7/10/5 | Perc +5 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Crafting(E)/PFS Lore(E): +11, Arcana/Society/Absalom Lore: +9, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +8, Occultism(U)/Medicine(E): +7, Diplomacy/Athletics: +6, Survival: +5, Deception(U)/Performance(U)/Intimidation(U): +4, Religion(U)/Nature(U): +3

Hey!! I resemble that remark! :)

Envoy's Alliance

N Male Fey-Touched Gnome Summoner 2 | Eidolon Dimitsi HP 32/32 | AC: 16 | F +8 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 |1 Hero point| Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice| Active Conditions: None

I was trying to say the cucumbers stank, not you. It's hard to describe pickles without using their name.

Radiant Oath

CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 3 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 34/34 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 7/10/5 | Perc +5 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Crafting(E)/PFS Lore(E): +11, Arcana/Society/Absalom Lore: +9, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +8, Occultism(U)/Medicine(E): +7, Diplomacy/Athletics: +6, Survival: +5, Deception(U)/Performance(U)/Intimidation(U): +4, Religion(U)/Nature(U): +3
Honzakqed Thomecon wrote:
I was trying to say the cucumbers stank, not you. It's hard to describe pickles without using their name.

Haha. I know. I found it hilarious. Though I think 'pickle' is a generic term... could have been onions as well, which really would have stank :)

Vigilant Seal

NG Female Dwarf (Anvil Dwarf) Cleric 6 | HP 76/76 | AC 25(27 w shield) | F +13 R +9 (+3 Bulwark) W +13 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft. | Heal 3/3 | Spell slots 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 1/3 | Hero Point 0 | Active Conditions: Mind of Menace

Makai nods her head and follows the others, she wouldn't mind eating something fresh.

She does enjoy being on a steady land.


Male CG Dwarf (Elemental Heart) Alchemist (Bomber) 11 | HP 142/142 | AC 29 | Fortitude (+22), Reflex (+20), Will (+17) | Perception (+16) darkvision | Hero Points 1 | Speed 25 | Darkvision | Infused Reagent 16/16 ; Energy Emanation 1/1, Winged Boots 1/1; Necklace of Fireballs 10d6 1/1, 8d6 2/2, 6d6 2/2 | Initiative: Avoid Notice +19 | Exploration Activity: Search +16 | Hero Points 1 | Active Conditions: None
Lokoloko wrote:
Honzakqed Thomecon wrote:
I was trying to say the cucumbers stank, not you. It's hard to describe pickles without using their name.
Haha. I know. I found it hilarious. Though I think 'pickle' is a generic term... could have been onions as well, which really would have stank :)

This is true. You can pickle almost anything.

"A pleasure to meet you," Daraj says, adding mentally, if you are not like the other priest. "While I enjoy cooking, I admit it will be nice to have someone else doing the work while we talk."

Radiant Oath

CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 3 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 34/34 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 7/10/5 | Perc +5 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Crafting(E)/PFS Lore(E): +11, Arcana/Society/Absalom Lore: +9, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +8, Occultism(U)/Medicine(E): +7, Diplomacy/Athletics: +6, Survival: +5, Deception(U)/Performance(U)/Intimidation(U): +4, Religion(U)/Nature(U): +3

"Oooh. Yes. Breakfast good. Only eats pickles last few days..."


Male CG Dwarf (Elemental Heart) Alchemist (Bomber) 11 | HP 142/142 | AC 29 | Fortitude (+22), Reflex (+20), Will (+17) | Perception (+16) darkvision | Hero Points 1 | Speed 25 | Darkvision | Infused Reagent 16/16 ; Energy Emanation 1/1, Winged Boots 1/1; Necklace of Fireballs 10d6 1/1, 8d6 2/2, 6d6 2/2 | Initiative: Avoid Notice +19 | Exploration Activity: Search +16 | Hero Points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Daraj clears his throat loudly in Lokoloko's direction.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:

Salaish Talenduth's Perception (E): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Daraj l'Bayal's Perception (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Makai Goldenoak's Perception (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Lokoloko's Perception (T): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Honzakqed's Perception (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Dethor's Perception (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

What wonderful introductions. Thank you. Mask Narsen nods.

As you PCs enter the village, the fog is burning off. You see a ruin about a mile away on top of a tall promontory rock overlooking the village and the Glass River valley. Even from a distance, it looks to be in poor repair. Mask Narsen notices you looking. That is the fort. It may be in rough shape, but it has great bones!”

Once in the village proper, you move through the main thoroughfare. The buildings you pass on the way to the inn are all recently painted, and many windowsills are decorated with colorful flower boxes or draped with the yellow and purple flag of Razmiran. The hamlet looks rich and prosperous indeed.

⚒ ⚒ ⚒

Narsen chit-chats with you along the way, pointing out the flowers and flags ("Our citizenry is so happy you are here — look at the fanfare and pride they have in their nation!"), and generally tries to steer the conversation to topics such as the weather or innocuous questions about your past.

Salaish:
t the streets are empty except for patrolling Razmiri guards, and many of the houses off the main thoroughfare are in need of significant repairs. upper floors of some of the buildings are actually empty facades with nothing behind them.

Daraj, Makai, Dethor:
t the streets are empty except for patrolling Razmiri guards, and many of the houses off the main thoroughfare are in need of significant repairs. upper floors of some of the buildings are actually empty facades with nothing behind them.

Horizon Hunters

CN (female) Gnome (Fey-Touched) Bard 4 | HP 48/48 | AC 21 | F +8 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Stealth +8 | 25 ft | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/2 | spells 1 3/3 2 3/3| ◆ ◇ ↺ | Active Conditions: none

As the family steps up the plank onto the barge, Salaish darts up to shake hands with them and pass them 5 gold coins. "Good luck." She says her words with feeling.

Later, as they're walking through the town, she lets her eyes wander up and down the main thoroughfare and out along the side streets. Ooo! I wonder if this was all made up just for our visit? Or if it's always like this at all the border crossings. How can I find out? And where *is* everyone? Just guards; no *people*. That's actually more important than the stupid window boxes. "Wow! It's so quiet here. Everywhere else I've been has had a lot more noise. Is it like this every day?" Oh! I oughta ask if it's against the law to busk here. Probably is, and I don't wanna go to jail. Get this answer first, though, so he can't answer one question and ignore the other.

When they're alone, Salaish will share her observations.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Whoops! THIS should be the spoiler for Daraj, Makai, Dethor. Strike the above from the record! Nothing changes for Salaish, who crit the check..

Daraj, Makai, Dethor:
the streets are empty except for patrolling Razmiri guards, and many of the houses off the main thoroughfare are in need of significant repairs.

1 to 50 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's Lodge of the Living God (Gameday X) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.