GM Doug's Tireless Path (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn


1 to 50 of 75 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Bounty 8.

Horizon Hunters

CG Human Varisian Wanderer and Cleric of Desna | HP 16/16 | AC 16 | Class DC 17 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d6 Melee: Star Knife +4 1d4+0 Active conditions: None

Cleric dot

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) wintertouched human spell seeker Witch 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16| Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +6; +1 vs. a spell you had Critical Success in identifying; Resistances cold 1 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions: Shield

A young Irriseni woman arrives in town, muttering to a small mustelid on her shoulder. "Yes, Sebastian, we've managed to end up somewhere again. No, I don't know where we are. Yes, this happens too often. Eventually we'll end up in Absalom, I am sure of it"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The stoat just looks at Aeslyn with an incomprehensible expression (well, incomprehensible to anyone who is not a weasel).

Horizon Hunters

NG Male (he/him) human-ish Oracle 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft| [ooc] Hero Points 2*/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:.

Karianamu Long-Strides-Over-Water is an incredibly tall and thin Garund man with jet-black skin and long knotted black hair. He looks gaunt, as though his skin has been stretched tightly over his bones. He carries a long walking stick and has a sling at his side.

"I am pleased to meet new friends as I travel these lands. You must know that whatever you see, I am an ally and mean you no harm."

As he speaks, it almost appears as if several things the size of a fist are moving around under his armour. He seems unconcerned.

Character now built (Oracle) but I need to input everything into my message board account. Will try to get that done tomorrow.

Envoy's Alliance

M Osiriani Duskwalker Alchemist 1 | HP (15/15)* | AC 18 | F +6, R +8, W +2 | Perception +2 (Lowlight)| (HP 2/3)

Kito's piercing eyes move back and forth barely visible from behind his desert headwrap.

"Well met fellow Pathfinders, Kito here, perhaps there's work to be found here..."

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | 1/3 Hero Point | Perc +7; Speed 25 ft. | AC 18| Fort +6 ; Ref +9; Will +5 | Focus 1/1 | Default Exploration: Search | Active conditions: none || Baxter | HP 17/20 | AC 16

"Stay, Baxter. Good boy," Zalmora says to her faithful dog. She scratches behind an ear, a move that distracts her pet from the stoat that, invariably, it will chase. And sniff its butt.

The ranger looks every part the hunter. Her clothes are all muted colours meant to not draw attention, and her leather armor barely creaks as she moves. Her most impressive item is a recurve longbow, the leaf and vine carvings it bears hinting at elven craftsmanship.

At the greetings, Zalmora nods. "You're all Pathfinders, right? I got a field commission letter, but I haven't made it to Absalom yet to report in. It's been a long trip so far, but I'll get there."

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) wintertouched human spell seeker Witch 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16| Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +6; +1 vs. a spell you had Critical Success in identifying; Resistances cold 1 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions: Shield

"Pathfinders?" asks Aeslyn. "Sebastian, was that where we are supposed to be going? Absalom? I wish I knew where that was. I know we were supposed to find some incredible archives where we were going."


Sebastian looks back at Aeslyn. 'Yes, that is where we are going. To the Grand Archives. Check your journal, you have notes about this.'

Though it is hard to tell, but it seems that her stoat is annoyed.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

You're in Grayce, a settlement in southern Ustalav. The former country of Lastwall is a mere stone's throw away, just across the Path River.

Zalmora and Aeslynn — perhaps others of you — seem to be new Pathfinder recruits traveling to Absalom. Others, like Caprico, are a little more experienced and have already been on a few missions. You've already been there for a day or two, but there's no work or no easy travel to Caliphas, the safest next step on your journeys to Absalom.

It’s around lunchtime, and the only place to find a meal is the Ash Inn. As you approach, you see a notice on the door.

Posted Notice wrote:
Travelers heading to Caliphas seek a group of adventurers of able body and steadfast mind to accompany them onward from Grayce. See the innkeeper, Jakivi Rindix, for more details.

Some fellow travelers are also reading the sign. Must be the lunchtime rush. Or, Pathfinders congregating at just the right moment for a job. It happens a lot. Almost uncanny.

☀☀☀

Now is the time for intros, though some of you have introduced yourselves already. You could mention what you've been doing here to pass the time and why you're in Ustalav.

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | 1/3 Hero Point | Perc +7; Speed 25 ft. | AC 18| Fort +6 ; Ref +9; Will +5 | Focus 1/1 | Default Exploration: Search | Active conditions: none || Baxter | HP 17/20 | AC 16

"I think you must be looking for the Grand Lodge. I hear that place is full of books and has an amazing archive," Zalmora says to Aeslynn. "I'd say you can tag along with me for the full journey, but I'm not exactly taking the quick route. That said," she stops to point at the noticeboard, a smirk appearing on her face, "It seems Kito has the right of it. It looks like there's a way to earn some coin and get closer to your destination."

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female (she/her) wintertouched human spell seeker Witch 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16| Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +6; +1 vs. a spell you had Critical Success in identifying; Resistances cold 1 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions: Shield

"Ustalav? How did we get here, Sebastian? We were in Vidrian, and then in the Realm of the Mammoth Lords, and now here. How did we get so lost?"

She thinks for a moment about what she knows about Ustalav, Caliphas, and the lost land of Lastwall.

society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"I suppose we could help out the poor folks. At least this time I am moving in the right direction, towards Absalom. I would be happy to follow you there, Zalmora."

Horizon Hunters

NG Male (he/him) human-ish Oracle 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft| [ooc] Hero Points 2*/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:.

Karianamu speaks to someone unseen and then to the assembled group.

"Nana feels we would be wise to work together to handle this task, and my belly has not been full for some time. I am a friend to all whose hearts are good. You seem like the right kinds of people to know. For my part, I am Karianamu Long-Strides-Over-Water from a land in southern Garund that would seem very strange to you, just as this land seems to me. I am pleased to meet you."

Horizon Hunters

CG Human Varisian Wanderer and Cleric of Desna | HP 16/16 | AC 16 | Class DC 17 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d6 Melee: Star Knife +4 1d4+0 Active conditions: None

Capricio warmly greets his fellow Pathfinders, especially so any he has met previously.

He has a thick mustache and deep set brown eyes. His leather armor and cloak are the color of the night sky and adorned with stars and moons. He carries a lavender wooden lute on his back decorated with butterflies.

"We are never lost when Desna guides the way."

Regarding the note, he says:

"This is exactly the kind of work that appeals to a wanderer like myself."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

That can be secret check, Aslynn.

GM screen:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Aeslynn knows the general history of the area, and that its promimity to the former nation of Lastwall makes this a dangerous place. Both skeletons and zombies are known to wander the border roads, patrolling on behalf of the Whispering Tyrant and attacking any travelers they come across.

Dense fog often blankets the roads in southern Ustalav, (where you are); this makes it hard to see who else may be lurking nearby.

Envoy's Alliance

M Osiriani Duskwalker Alchemist 1 | HP (15/15)* | AC 18 | F +6, R +8, W +2 | Perception +2 (Lowlight)| (HP 2/3)

Kito nods to his allies "Lets speak with the bartender..."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

You enter. A tall Kellid man wipes glasses behind the counter. Jakivi Rindix. How can I be of service today?

Horizon Hunters

CG Human Varisian Wanderer and Cleric of Desna | HP 16/16 | AC 16 | Class DC 17 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d6 Melee: Star Knife +4 1d4+0 Active conditions: None

"Greetings and well met. We saw your sign looking for adventurers to accompany some travelers. I believe you will find us of able body and steadfast mind."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Spoiler:

Aeslynn's perc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Capricio's perc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Karianamu's perc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Kito's perc: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Zalmora's perc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Aeslynn's perc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Capricio's perc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Karianamu's perc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Kito's perc: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Zalmora's perc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Oh, good. He puts an empty glass on the counter as he inspects your party. He nods to himself. Good. I think you’re the ones. The Graghol twins, Andri and Arek, are headin' down to the city. Asking for some protection on the road, because there's been some recent attacks on the way there. Leaving this afternoon. A nice lump of silver when you get there, and free meals along the way. And they make a wicked trail stew, one to write home about. You in?

☀☀☀

Capricio and Kito:
Jakivi is holding back something about the job.

Zalmora:
Jakivi was sarcastic about the stew. It must be truly awful!

Karianamu:
Jakivi is clutching a coin with the holy symbol of Iomedae in his hand as he talks of the caravan job.

Horizon Hunters

CG Human Varisian Wanderer and Cleric of Desna | HP 16/16 | AC 16 | Class DC 17 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d6 Melee: Star Knife +4 1d4+0 Active conditions: None

"I believe we're in." Capricio gives the bartender a curious look. "Is there anything more you'd like to add?"

Are there any patrons in the bar, or is it empty?

Envoy's Alliance

M Osiriani Duskwalker Alchemist 1 | HP (15/15)* | AC 18 | F +6, R +8, W +2 | Perception +2 (Lowlight)| (HP 2/3)

Kito nods along with Capricio's question, waiting for an answer.

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) wintertouched human spell seeker Witch 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16| Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +6; +1 vs. a spell you had Critical Success in identifying; Resistances cold 1 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions: Shield

"That sounds lovely." says Aeslyn. "What, Sebastian? Oh, yes, I will ask."

She turns back to Rindix, "Sebastian wants to know if the attacks were the undead coming from the Deadlands, and if we need to worry about the fogs?"

Horizon Hunters

NG Male (he/him) human-ish Oracle 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft| [ooc] Hero Points 2*/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:.

"We will help. I have found those who follow your god Iomedae are usually worthy of trust."

He nods toward the coin in the bartenders hand.

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | 1/3 Hero Point | Perc +7; Speed 25 ft. | AC 18| Fort +6 ; Ref +9; Will +5 | Focus 1/1 | Default Exploration: Search | Active conditions: none || Baxter | HP 17/20 | AC 16

Zalmora nods along, also interested in knowing the answer to Aeslynn's question.

Baxter sits beside her, his head looking up at the ranger in typical adoration.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Jakivi lowers his voice. Alright. Let me tell you what I heard. Yeah, undead soldiers from the Deadlands ambushed a similar caravan less than a week ago. I think you're more than capable of handling it though… He seems unsure. Are you?

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) wintertouched human spell seeker Witch 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16| Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +6; +1 vs. a spell you had Critical Success in identifying; Resistances cold 1 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions: Shield

"Probably?" says the witch librarian. "I guess we will find out soon? I am sure that great-grandmama will make sure that I have what I need, right Sebastian?"

My have to change spells if we get the chance to prepare tomorrow, but should be good. Sleep might not be all that effective, but can replace later.

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | 1/3 Hero Point | Perc +7; Speed 25 ft. | AC 18| Fort +6 ; Ref +9; Will +5 | Focus 1/1 | Default Exploration: Search | Active conditions: none || Baxter | HP 17/20 | AC 16

"Now that we know, yes," Zalmora says. "A little bit of preparation will go a long way. Might be worth picking up a vial or two of holy water."

Horizon Hunters

NG Male (he/him) human-ish Oracle 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft| [ooc] Hero Points 2*/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:.

"I am certain we will handle any threats we face. I am ready to leave at your pleasure."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

You can swap spells & buy holy water!

Jakivi directs you to the stable on the edge of town where the caravan is getting ready to take off. Sae travels!

☀☀☀

After stopping by the small market, you meet the caravan. It’s hard to miss the eclectic group of travelers gathered at the stables. Two half-orcs joke with one another as they load supplies into two wagons, each with a team of jet-black horses. The half-orcs are nearly identical down to the stripes on their shirts, though one has her long black hair gathered into a ponytail and the other keeps his cropped short.

The sister greets you: Hoy there! You the guards Jakivi sent? I assume you say yes.

She introduces herself as Andri Graghol and her brother as Arek Graghol. You can put your gear in the carriage here.

☀☀☀

There are three passengers climbing into the other coach.

First is a half-orc wearing thick-rimmed glasses and flowing robes. From his regalia, Aeslynn recognizes that he's a tenured faculty member at Lepidstadt University. He has a large notebook with him, and several quills and ink. He nods cooly at you. Xanthus Shurgun. I wish to better understand the agricultural conditions along the border of the Gravelands; it's important work. I trust you will keep us secure?

A stocky dwarf wearing a straw hat tosses a heavy sack of root vegetables into the cart. It startles the professor. The dwarf shakes your hands with a strong grip; callused hands. Eigil! Eigil Jorgund. Pleasure ta me ya! Headin' ta tha City ta talk ta tha vendors there, on account o' so many losin' business lately. Them roads're dangerous fer farmers like us. Lotsa folks goin' missin', along wit' them's goods. Tragic, I grant ye that. But a good opportunity for them's of us brave enough an' alive enough ta stay, tillin' tha soil.

Last is a tall Varisian woman dressed in colorful patchwork skirts; the pattern seems to have no beginning or end. She swirls the fabric dramatically as she loads a set of well-made seamstress's tools. She introduces herself as Kisaya Sitari, seamstress. I'm so glad you're here! I was worried about making a dangerous trip, but I must have the new season's fabrics and Caliphas is the place to get them. Thank you for guarding us! I feel much safer.

I added a caravan manifest on Slide 1. We'll give you a moment here to catch up, finalize purchases, and interact with any NPCs if you wish.

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Male (he/him) human-ish Oracle 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft| [ooc] Hero Points 2*/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:.

"We will keep you safe. If we face any dangers, I will use my powers of illusion to conjure terrifying beasts or even appear to transform myself. Whatever you see from me, know you are protected. Remember that it is all a mirage, intended to scare off any hostile creatures along our route!"

Deception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | 1/3 Hero Point | Perc +7; Speed 25 ft. | AC 18| Fort +6 ; Ref +9; Will +5 | Focus 1/1 | Default Exploration: Search | Active conditions: none || Baxter | HP 17/20 | AC 16

Zalmora shakes hands with any who offer them, also offering a few words of reassurance. Baxter mills about, easily weaving between legs, under the wagon, and even jumps up at one point to smell everything there is to smell.

She does make a quick detour to purchase some holy water as her one form of preparation.
Otherwise I'm ready to proceed

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Varisian Wanderer and Cleric of Desna | HP 16/16 | AC 16 | Class DC 17 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d6 Melee: Star Knife +4 1d4+0 Active conditions: None

Capricio greets Kisaya in Varisian.

"May Mother Moon guide us safely."

Ready!

Envoy's Alliance

M Osiriani Duskwalker Alchemist 1 | HP (15/15)* | AC 18 | F +6, R +8, W +2 | Perception +2 (Lowlight)| (HP 2/3)

Kito nods, ready to go.

6 Reagents
1r: OO Elixir of Life(Minor)
2r: XXXXXX Giant Centipede Venom (4 applied to Zalmora's arrows, 2 applies to my bolts)
1r: OO Quicksilver Mutagen(Lesser)
1r: OO Ghost Charge (Lesser)

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) wintertouched human spell seeker Witch 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16| Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +6; +1 vs. a spell you had Critical Success in identifying; Resistances cold 1 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions: Shield

Aeslynn notices the young seamstress, almost rushing over to her, ”Oh, those skirts are SO lovely! What a wonderful way to market your wears! You will HAVE to do a dress for me, and a matching pouch for Sebastian! Do you have anything in a winter blue? I think it would go very well with my eyes! I am sure nothing will go wrong, we have Sebastian to protect us… nothing ever goes wrong with Sebastian around.”

The two ladies start discussing fashion, though it seems that Aeslynn’s might be a few decades to centuries out of date, definitely something she read about in a book.
Library lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

———————————-
She then approaches the academic, questioning about his chosen field of studies. She talks about his methods, and how he plans to segregate his test subjects, and the like.
Academia lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros
Karianamu wrote:
"We will keep you safe. If we face any dangers, I will use my powers of illusion to conjure terrifying beasts or even appear to transform myself. Whatever you see from me, know you are protected. Remember that it is all a mirage, intended to scare off any hostile creatures along our route!"

Eigil is particularly impressed with Karianamu. Well I'll be. I never met no bone-ee-fried showman before. I seen a circus show once, lotsa scary beasties but real 'nough. 'Least, the dung on'th ground were. As I stepped in it. An' smelled it. I think when th' dung's real, the beastie's real. That right, mister?

Professor Shurgun snorts derisively. -fied…

Zalmora wrote:
Baxter mills about, easily weaving between legs, under the wagon, and even jumps up at one point to smell everything there is to smell.

Baxter gets a stew bone from Arek, an instant hit!

Kito Oxjaw wrote:
Kito nods, ready to go.

Andri nods back at Kito, appreciating his businesslike demeanor.

Capricio Durey wrote:

Capricio greets Kisaya in Varisian.

"May Mother Moon guide us safely."

Kisaya is thrilled to be traveling with a fellow varisian. She shows him the butterflies hiden in the patterns of her fabric.

Aeslynn Morozov wrote:
Aeslynn notices the young seamstress, almost rushing over to her, ”Oh, those skirts are SO lovely! … She then approaches the academic, questioning about his chosen field of studies.

Kisaya nods along with Aeslynn as she talks about old fashion, he smile growing strained. Professor Shurgun, however, is impressed that she at least realized he has tenure. However, he seems crestfallen that she hasn't read his theses Farmers’ Knowledge, Perceptions, and Socioeconomic Factors Influencing Decision-Making and Arcano-Integrated Soil Fertility Management Practices in the Lastwall-Lake Encarthan subregion.

The dwarf farmer snorts derisively. buncha hogwash…


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

The first day passes largely uneventfully. It's eerily silent out here so close to the gravelands… there aren't many animals about. The travelers are happy to converse with you as you progress. You may have noticed that Xanthus and Eigil rub each other the wrong way, and they have some rather animated but friendly discussions throughout the afternoon.

As the sun starts to set, the caravan pulls into a clearing to make camp for the night. As the members of the caravan begin cooking the evening meal and setting up camp, you notice Xanthus and Eigil are having an animated discussion:

Xanthus and Eigil wrote:

Under the guidance of the University we increased soil productivity in your region by over 6% in the last quarter-century, a significant bounty.

BAH! I produce plenty 'nuff, right here with these here two hands! No one ever needed no book to grow a turnip! Why, ye ever even pick up a trowel, book-man?

Of course not. The university has an intern program for that.

Sounds like a fancy word fer 'free labor' if ye ask me.

Your lot is to labor in the filds. I am an intellctual laborer. It is my lot to —

Sit on yer behind eatin' steaks an' writin' jibberish in yer worthless books!?

Sir. I never said that! That's not fair!

BAH! All ye book types're tha same.

You FARMERS are all the same! None of you understand THE POWER OF SCIENCE!

Yer about ta understan' my THE POWER OF ME BOOT IN YER FACE!

The two are standing now, shouting invections at one another. The noise echoes out into the empty gravelands. If you don't stop them soon, the racket is sure to attract unwanted attention…

☀☀☀

Brains vs. Brawn

To calm the farmer and professor you can help them see from the other's perspective. You can attempt a skill check. Some ideas include (but I can be sold on others):

- Nature or Academia Lore to explain the merits of knowledge to the farmer (DC 15)
- Athletics or Farming Lore to describe the merits of physical work to the professor (DC 15)
- Deception, Diplomacy, or Intimidation (DC 17)

Aeslynn
Caprico
Karianamu
Kito
Zalmora

Envoy's Alliance

M Osiriani Duskwalker Alchemist 1 | HP (15/15)* | AC 18 | F +6, R +8, W +2 | Perception +2 (Lowlight)| (HP 2/3)

Kito speaks unusually loudly for the normally quiet Duskwalker.

"Yes, science is strong, but there still needs to be a hand to wield it. I know many things, but I keep my body in shape to, for without the body the mind will wither."

athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | 1/3 Hero Point | Perc +7; Speed 25 ft. | AC 18| Fort +6 ; Ref +9; Will +5 | Focus 1/1 | Default Exploration: Search | Active conditions: none || Baxter | HP 17/20 | AC 16

"Kito is right, Xanthus," Zalmora says, her tone calm. "I've spent my life out in nature, and knowing it is important. But that knowing is useless without the physical skill to put that knowledge to use. And sadly that kind of thing doesn't transfer well to paper."
Athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Horizon Hunters

NG Male (he/him) human-ish Oracle 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft| [ooc] Hero Points 2*/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:.

"And yet we can all appreciate that the real work is done by the unseen creatures of the world. The earthworms, the spiders that eat those who would prey on the crops. All works in harmony and all has its place."

Deception to change the topic: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Horizon Hunters

NG Male (he/him) human-ish Oracle 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft| [ooc] Hero Points 2*/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:.

Aww it's early but even so. Hero Point!

Deception to change the topic: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Brains vs. Brawn

To calm the farmer and professor you can help them see from the other's perspective. You can attempt a skill check. Some ideas include (but I can be sold on others):

- Nature or Academia Lore to explain the merits of knowledge to the farmer (DC 15)
- Athletics or Farming Lore to describe the merits of physical work to the professor (DC 15)
- Deception, Diplomacy, or Intimidation (DC 17)

Aeslynn
Caprico

Karianamu - 1 success
Kito - 1 success
Zalmora - 1 success


Sebastian wakes the sleeping witch up with a little. It and a squeal.

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Female (she/her) wintertouched human spell seeker Witch 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16| Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +6; +1 vs. a spell you had Critical Success in identifying; Resistances cold 1 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions: Shield

”Oh, you naughty little weasel, Sebastian,” scolds Aeslynn, and she is woken up for her little nap. ”Oh, I see. The academic and the farmer are squabbling. I am sure I am clear this all up!”

She stomps over to the two, and puts her finger right on the chest of Eigel. ”Now you listen here!” she starts. ”It is all well and good that you get your hands dirty for a living, but don’t you know that it is the study of horticulture that improves your yield? That is is the new varieties of your turnips and cabbages that researchers spend years developing that keep your crop yields always increasing!

“If they do talk to the people that do the work, how do they know if their efforts are having any value? And maybe, just maybe, he’s talked to a different farmer with fewer rocks in his head that has found a better pattern of crops rotation and fallow crops that can increase your yield even more!

“Why I’ll bet you haven’t even hear of using alfalfa and clover to restore the nutrients that your grains and potatoes need? Or that you should raise your chickens over your vegetable fields to let them fertilize and take care of the grub problem I am sure you have!”

academia lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
she’s heard a few things around the University!

She then steps back to address both of them. ”Now just you listen to me. My great grandmama would never have put up with this nonsense, and neither I! You two shake hands and agree to have civil conversation!”

Horizon Hunters

CG Human Varisian Wanderer and Cleric of Desna | HP 16/16 | AC 16 | Class DC 17 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d6 Melee: Star Knife +4 1d4+0 Active conditions: None

Capricio starts to say something about how there's no need to argue, but stops to listen to Aeslynn instead.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Spoiler:
5d20 ⇒ (17, 5, 9, 6, 3) = 40

Your arguments manage to diffuse the situation. They both thank you. Eigil breaks out his turnip ale and he and Xanthus get rather tipsy. You have to hush the singing several times!

☀☀☀

That night on the watch, you hear crackling leaves in the distance. Just before dawn, a distant howl echoes across the plain.

☀☀☀

The second day is drizzly and damp. You occasionally hear sounds in the wood: such as snapping twigs, wind through the leaves, and the faint groaning of trees — at least, you hope it's just the trees. Xanthus and Eigel lean against one another in the wagon moaning about their headaches, sharing a waterskin.

Late in the morning, Kisaya gasps and stares off into the foggy woods, toward the gravelands.

SHHH!! Be quiet and listen! The wind whispers in the trees. There’s someone sobbing out there — can't you hear it?

You do a cursory search of the area and find nothing. Kisaya laughs it off as just her imagination, but she sticks close to her fellow Varisian, Caprico, for the rest of the day. He can tell she sensed something.

☀☀☀

That afternoon a whinny comes from the horses in the lead caravan. The bridge over a small ravine ahead has been completely washed out.

The horses seem spooked. They must sense something too… almost as if they can hear something you can't.

Andri and Arek are having a hard time keeping them quiet. It's all we can do to keep the horses from spooking and sprinting off into the forest. Can you figure out how to fix or get by this ravine?

Xanthus and Eigil approach you. My friend and are a little out of sorts, says the Professor. We need to get some sleep, and will help you however possible.

☀☀☀

All Washed Out

This is an open skill check, DC 15.

You all get a +1circumstance bonus on the check because you have help from the farmer and the profressor.

Aeslynn
Caprico
Karianamu
Kito
Zalmora

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) wintertouched human spell seeker Witch 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16| Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +6; +1 vs. a spell you had Critical Success in identifying; Resistances cold 1 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Detect Magic | Active conditions: Shield

”Well, we need to cross. Maybe we can fix the bridge”

Aeslynn starts organizing the remains of the bridge, in order to rebuild.
crafting: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19

Horizon Hunters

CG Female (she/her) Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | 1/3 Hero Point | Perc +7; Speed 25 ft. | AC 18| Fort +6 ; Ref +9; Will +5 | Focus 1/1 | Default Exploration: Search | Active conditions: none || Baxter | HP 17/20 | AC 16

"Right. Even if it's something makeshift, there ought to be enough materials to get us across. Let's get to it."
Crafting vs DC 15: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17

Horizon Hunters

NG Male (he/him) human-ish Oracle 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft| [ooc] Hero Points 2*/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:.

Karianamu will us Reassuring Presence to calm the horses.

He then does his best to find any natural ways to ensure the bridge remains stable, such as a particularly stable rocks or trees we could use to support some ropes or use as a base for our makeshift bridge.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Horizon Hunters

CG Human Varisian Wanderer and Cleric of Desna | HP 16/16 | AC 16 | Class DC 17 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d6 Melee: Star Knife +4 1d4+0 Active conditions: None

This isn’t the first washed out bridge Capricio has seen in his wanderings, but unfortunately he so unfamiliar with the terrain he can’t find a safer place to cross.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Envoy's Alliance

M Osiriani Duskwalker Alchemist 1 | HP (15/15)* | AC 18 | F +6, R +8, W +2 | Perception +2 (Lowlight)| (HP 2/3)

Lore Undead: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11

Kito listens carefully to the noises around, hearing which are wind and which are portents of the undead, offering reassuring words at those that are but wind and quiet warnings for those that are not.

1 to 50 of 75 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's Tireless Path All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.