[5e] Descent into Avernus

Game Master mishima


1,251 to 1,300 of 3,223 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Halfling Dragonslayer | HP: 33/34 | 0/1d8 & 0d6 | Disguise 1/1 | Camo 2/3 | Recover 0/3 | Fast Rit 1/1 |1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/3 | Inspiration!
Stats:
AC 15 | Str -1 Dex +6 Con +2 Int +7 Wis +1 Cha -1 | Init +3 | Perc +7, Darkvision 120 ft | Insight +1

Sorry distracted by Super Bowl

After the search, Mal motions for Gorn's sister to come talk to the halfling with a little privacy.

Gorn's sister:
With a big smile the halfling says, "Hi. It's been a long time hasn't it. We can catch up later after I finish this Fist work."

"We're looking for ledgers of Amrik's finances. Something showing who he pays and who he owes. Where does he keep those?"

"Does he have any other evidence of illegal activity?"

"You of course won't be affected at all by Amrik's actions."

Deception with Charm Person advantage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


AvernusArt 2Grid

As the others take Amrik upstairs, Mal takes the butch woman aside for questioning.

Quote:
"We're looking for ledgers of Amrik's finances. Something showing who he pays and who he owes. Where does he keep those?"

"He keeps a red leather register in his vest...but its always thems that owes him. That's the con: interest." she explains. "He gets paid more than he's owed, get it?" She doesn't seem to be aware of any other financial arrangements beyond this moneylending scheme.

Quote:
"Does he have any other evidence of illegal activity?"

"If Amrik were t'do something illegal, they'd find a ways to make it legal. Like his operation here, anyone else the Wavers 'n Docker crews would've run out long ago...but for Amrik, its nothin'! Long as they get their share. And everyone does."


Halfling Dragonslayer | HP: 33/34 | 0/1d8 & 0d6 | Disguise 1/1 | Camo 2/3 | Recover 0/3 | Fast Rit 1/1 |1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/3 | Inspiration!
Stats:
AC 15 | Str -1 Dex +6 Con +2 Int +7 Wis +1 Cha -1 | Init +3 | Perc +7, Darkvision 120 ft | Insight +1

"Thanks, hon." Mal walks back over to Amrik.

"Would you please give me the red leather register in your vest. It would be great." He smiles.

Persuasion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


AvernusArt 2Grid

"You must be paid double a normal Blaze's wage..." he quips, pointing his nose to his front pocket (His hands presumably bound by Donal and Co.?) "...truly outstanding detective work. And you, dear Vhaltus..." casting a forlorn glance at Gorn's sister "...well, I forgive you." smiling in the end. That seems to cause her some modicum of fear...

The book for its part is rather remarkable to someone who has lived in a bookstore for sometime. The crimson leather is unidentifiable but soft and supple like moleskin. The binding for a book this small surely was not done by hand but rather a pressing machine of some kind. Inside is a list of around 100 names, dates the accounts began, and accrued interest. Most appear to have begun with small loans (at a glance averaging 150 gold) but through certain subsequent interest calculations (using some devilish mathematical technology called logarithms?) most have accrued a balance owed of over 500. You flip through it again to be sure and yes...no account has ever been fully cleared. Such is the gambler's trap, you suppose.

A tidy scheme to rival the greatest of banks perhaps, but nothing immediately apparent connects Amrik to anything with the bathhouse.


Halfling Dragonslayer | HP: 33/34 | 0/1d8 & 0d6 | Disguise 1/1 | Camo 2/3 | Recover 0/3 | Fast Rit 1/1 |1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/3 | Inspiration!
Stats:
AC 15 | Str -1 Dex +6 Con +2 Int +7 Wis +1 Cha -1 | Init +3 | Perc +7, Darkvision 120 ft | Insight +1

"Right. Thank you. It would have been better if you guys would have searched him first." The halfling complains to his colleagues.

"Why don't you do that now, and then we can head down to lock up."

I presume we would head back to where Captain Zodge is, right?


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

Would this be Investigation, or Perception?


AvernusArt 2Grid

Don, both could find the same hidden objects (if any) with the same DC. Perception would simply find the objects using your body's senses, while investigation would carry with it more background information (in the form of your character's own Sherlock Holmes style deductive reasoning).

Mal, normally if the Fist/Watch were to arrest someone of this status they would be under house arrest at worst. Otherwise legit jails are located in Upper City at the Watch Citadel (Watch HQ), or Lower City at the Seatower of Balduran (Fist HQ, near where Grim got his armor). Of course you are free to take him wherever you wish, Zodge could surely arrange a bare room with a lockable door near the gate post he commands...but there may be repercussions from such treatments. ;)

Silver Crusade

| HP: 29/40[2]| Rage: 2/3{+2}|SnaX: 1/2 HD 3 melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +2 Perc: +3 | Insp = no |Human Barb3| AC: 16

"Y'know, I never wanted to be a Fist," Gorn muses to the captive as he keeps his wrist in a vice-like grip, filling the silence as Mal studiously flips through the supple red book. "I wanted to open my own restaurant. I have a name. GutBustsers! I'd call it. Okay, maybe that's not the best name. But I'm working on it.

I'd have two sections, one for the rabble that just want a mess of slop on the cheap, and one for fine dining.

For the dining I'd take a pig, cut out the choicest bits, cover it in oil, salt, pepper, garlic and onion, and my chops would be world-famous.

Then I'd take what was left of the pig, render it down in to a slurry, soak thick-cut bread in it, toast it to crispness, and sell that to the common man as a meal-on-the-go. It'd have fat, protein, and salt. All the things a working man needs to keep going in his busy day.

And I'd be maximizing product usage so I keep prices low for everyone."

He sighs. "It could've worked."

He looks off into the middle distance, almost on the verge of tearing up.

"If you offer me a loan, Amrik, I'm going to rip your arms off," he states without malice.


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

Donal gives the man a quick pat-down, Mal, you think there may be magicks hiding his dealings?

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Halfling Dragonslayer | HP: 33/34 | 0/1d8 & 0d6 | Disguise 1/1 | Camo 2/3 | Recover 0/3 | Fast Rit 1/1 |1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/3 | Inspiration!
Stats:
AC 15 | Str -1 Dex +6 Con +2 Int +7 Wis +1 Cha -1 | Init +3 | Perc +7, Darkvision 120 ft | Insight +1

"Maybe. Does anyone have the ability to Detect Magic?" He asks.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Good thing Donal is the leader, so I don't need to make any decisions like where to take Amrik. The halfling concludes to himself.


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

That would be Tib's or Grim's forte, Donal replies.

If my pat-down does not yield any problematic hidden things, we would head out. I think the nearest Fist garrison would be best.


AvernusArt 2Grid

As Gorn reveals his 12-point business plan, Amrik offers some encouraging words "Whenever you have a dream in your heart, never let it go! Your dreams are the tiny seeds that make your beautiful tomorrows grow. But then, the true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer..."

Giving the Duke's son a thorough pat down there in the gambling hall gets some scoffs and gasps from the audience, but none in the end interject...some even standing on their tippy toes to see what you find.

First is of course a customary disarmament. One fine dagger is found on his belt, concealed only by a chance flapping of his black cloak. Rather than being gaudy or ornate, it sports a minimalist aesthetic that gives it a simple but expensive appearance. Slightly grooved etchings on the side of the blade are the only decoration and are of a Sembian fashion. Mal finds a cylindrical hidden compartment in the hilt by unscrewing the subtle pommel, but its currently empty. It might be able to hold a tiny rolled missive or small glass vial.

His leathers are of a similar style and are clearly designed for comfort more than combat. The exception is his boots, which are steel tipped and come to a point almost like the footwear of a Calishite.

More curious is a soft waxen ball, slightly larger than a walnut, with a single loose hemp twine strand extending from its center roughly 4 cm. The strand seems as if it could fall out or be pulled out. This object was discovered in a long, vertical concealed pouch at the base of his spine...and something he obviously meant to keep hidden.

"Oh, do be careful with that one. The alchemists of Lantan have a rather wicked sense of humor..."

He carries neither purse nor coin, but a ring on his finger sports the familial sigil of the Vanthampur: a tressym (winged cat) circumscribed by a spiked decagon. With some sealing wax, one might create convincing documents.


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

Of course, let's go, Amrik. The more helpful you are the better this will go. The more truthful, the easier and sooner you can go about your day.

Donal nods to the others, not sparing a glance at Tibs, as it appears the Dragonborn is remaining at a distance. Donal notes the wisdom in that and ushers their quarry out the front doors.


AC18(20) |HP 38/[40]| Str+3 Int+1 Wis+6 Dex+0 Con+2 Cha+2|Init + 0|Percept +6|Insight +6|Invest +4| War Priest Attacks 0/[3] Inspiration [Y] Channel Divinity 1/[1] HD 2/[5] Male Human Doomguide Acolyte of Kelemvor Cleric (War)/5
GM Infinity wrote:
"Oh, do be careful with that one. The alchemists of Lantan have a rather wicked sense of humor..."

I have a rather wicked sense of justice... want to tell me what it does before I open it next to your face?


AvernusArt 2Grid

"Oh yes, be my guest...that would be a rather fitting place for it." he responds to the Doomguide enigmatically.


AC18(20) |HP 38/[40]| Str+3 Int+1 Wis+6 Dex+0 Con+2 Cha+2|Init + 0|Percept +6|Insight +6|Invest +4| War Priest Attacks 0/[3] Inspiration [Y] Channel Divinity 1/[1] HD 2/[5] Male Human Doomguide Acolyte of Kelemvor Cleric (War)/5

Worth rolling insight?


AvernusArt 2Grid

Your passive 15 tells you he is being serious, but it certainly sounds like he is wanting you to call his bluff.


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

Grim, save it for interrogation. I don't like being here on his turf.

EDIT: Can someone identify its purpose with an Arcana check?


AvernusArt 2Grid

Sure, Arcana or History would work.


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

Not exactly the best for this, but maybe Donal has some history with this item...

Intelligence check: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Halfling Dragonslayer | HP: 33/34 | 0/1d8 & 0d6 | Disguise 1/1 | Camo 2/3 | Recover 0/3 | Fast Rit 1/1 |1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/3 | Inspiration!
Stats:
AC 15 | Str -1 Dex +6 Con +2 Int +7 Wis +1 Cha -1 | Init +3 | Perc +7, Darkvision 120 ft | Insight +1

Arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


AvernusArt 2Grid

Don and Mal chatter back and forth about the item a few moments. Mal confirms the fragile shell resembles many alchemical preparations used for combat, meant to quickly break apart and release the contents inside. Don on the other hand, remembers a northward traveling fellow Tormtar's tales of a certain Old Agatha's Smokehouse (just outside Waterdeep) where, as the revelers had it, the slow smoking of pork and beef ribs was sustained not by traditional fires but by similar novel bundles of concentrated cedar fuel.

Smokebomb. Action to pull string and throw up to 20 ft, fills a 10 ft square with heavy obscurement until end of next turn.


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

Looking at the smoke bomb, then at Amrik he mutters, Cute. Best get moving. You won't be sneaking away in smoke this time.

Taking the noble scion by the arm and ushers him out the door, nodding at the tavern owner as he leaves.


AvernusArt 2Grid

The crowd is mostly silent watching Amrik go, though you overhear some tight-lipped mutters like "...they won't last the night...", "...should flee Baldur's Gate...", or more colorful whispered premonitions such as "...those Fist'll be fish food at the bottom of the harbor...". Laraelra simply shakes her head in disbelief.

The same two ravens gaze down from above as you step around the dead seagull carcasses on the way out, and time seems to stand still as you march down the docks back into the slums. One old man is literally paused mid-chew in his boiled egg, the hard yolk rolling lazily out the white albumen in his hand and splattering on the pavers. A little girl picking her nose leaves her pinky quite deeply anchored in place as she stands mouth agape as you pass by. Everyone seems to just stop what they are doing to take notice, with the prevailing sentiment being utter confusion.

Later, as you clop down the silent and awkward streets and turn towards the Basilisk Gate, the ravens start to magically multiply. 2 become 4, 4 become 8, 8 then 16...soon the sky blackens with a squawking swarm of the flying rats. A cold wind accompanies their swirling dance far above.

"Pity, already I miss the bay. Such lovely people. But then, there are lovely people everywhere, don't you agree?" Amrik wagered. As if on cue, the crowding and bustle ahead seems to part way for your path.

Mal and Grim:
The snoozing teen from the Low Lantern's guest quarters appears to be following you at a distance.

Perception DC 20, any:
Far ahead perhaps 200 ft down the street in your path, a single cloaked kenku remains standing directly in the middle of the road as the other citizens form apart for your procession. He lingers a moment before disappearing down a side alley to the south.


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

A trap, no doubt Donal mutters before turning to Amrik, You underestimate us, you noble pratt. Who is that? One of your mother's mercenaries?

The Tormtar shoves the noble up against a wall, Gorn, you feel up to carrying this fool? I have a feeling that he is taking his knees for granted.

Intimidation: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Shoot, can Gorn grant me advantage? Or perhaps Gorn has a better Intimidation score than I do?


AvernusArt 2Grid

Sure, Gorn can join in for Help. Roll it up.


AC18(20) |HP 38/[40]| Str+3 Int+1 Wis+6 Dex+0 Con+2 Cha+2|Init + 0|Percept +6|Insight +6|Invest +4| War Priest Attacks 0/[3] Inspiration [Y] Channel Divinity 1/[1] HD 2/[5] Male Human Doomguide Acolyte of Kelemvor Cleric (War)/5

We picked up a tail as well, a dozy youth spotted back at Low Lantern... let alone those damn ravens overhead.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Fun fun fun.


Halfling Dragonslayer | HP: 33/34 | 0/1d8 & 0d6 | Disguise 1/1 | Camo 2/3 | Recover 0/3 | Fast Rit 1/1 |1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/3 | Inspiration!
Stats:
AC 15 | Str -1 Dex +6 Con +2 Int +7 Wis +1 Cha -1 | Init +3 | Perc +7, Darkvision 120 ft | Insight +1

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Mal follows in the crowd around Amrik. He carries his shortsword but hides the blade behind his cloak. He stays near the back of Amrik where he whispers, "be careful Amrik, anything can happen in a melee."

Stealth (hide among big people): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


AC18(20) |HP 38/[40]| Str+3 Int+1 Wis+6 Dex+0 Con+2 Cha+2|Init + 0|Percept +6|Insight +6|Invest +4| War Priest Attacks 0/[3] Inspiration [Y] Channel Divinity 1/[1] HD 2/[5] Male Human Doomguide Acolyte of Kelemvor Cleric (War)/5

We should have taken the orientation tour... Is there a watch house near here?


AvernusArt 2Grid

DM: 1d100 ⇒ 61

Grim, as you glance about the quiet, tense order the rabble have assembled themselves into, you do notice the red banner of a Flaming Fist post sticking up a few streets over. The smaller checkpoint is likely less fortified than Zodge's command, which is integrated into the city's ancient yellow granite wall. Still, perhaps there is some advantage to getting Amrik out of the public's eye as soon as possible.

And just holding a sec for Donal's advantage roll result. Don, Gorn confirmed in Discussion.


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

Oh, I was waiting to see if Gorn may have had a bit higher Intimidation...

Intimidation, advantage: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Better...


AvernusArt 2Grid

For the first time, Amrik's calm exterior shows the slightest fracture, as he releases the hint of a whimper at Donal's sudden assault. Truly, he could hardly help it, the brick wall on his back assisting to remove the air from his lungs "*wehf* I assure you my knees are something I'm rather fond of sir..." He tries desperately to see ahead...

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

...but a big white plop of raven crap splatters across his open eyeballs at just that moment "Perhaps sir might be so kind as to describe this presumed mercenary? My eyes do falter betimes..."

Assuming you at least mention the race "Ah yes...the rookery of Nightfeather's Circus can be loyal to a fault. Truly, they owe me nothing, but it is rather hard to convince the morality laden souls otherwise. Fear not, I swear to turn them aside should an affront to our progress be made." the scoundrel promises.

History 15:
Nightfeather's Circus of Wonders is an elite group of assassins once based in Tethyr, but has been rather free roaming throughout southern Faerun in recent years. There are many fanciful tales of supernatural powers lurking in the black feathers of their graduates...extraplanar horrors and interdimensional abilities that bring a swift and unforseen end to the marks they've been paid to eliminate.


AC18(20) |HP 38/[40]| Str+3 Int+1 Wis+6 Dex+0 Con+2 Cha+2|Init + 0|Percept +6|Insight +6|Invest +4| War Priest Attacks 0/[3] Inspiration [Y] Channel Divinity 1/[1] HD 2/[5] Male Human Doomguide Acolyte of Kelemvor Cleric (War)/5

History 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

See that banner over there? An outpost. Let's get Lord Broken Kneecaps there and off the streets. We can strategise then! Ho there! Make way for the Flaming Fist!, he says, pushing towards what he hopes will be defensible and be possessed of reinforcements.

The Nightfeather's Circus has a very unsavoury reputation as assassins... and ones with supernatural resources!!


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

Donal nods at the quick history lesson, Then let us move with haste. Keep your eyes open, boys.

Silver Crusade

| HP: 29/40[2]| Rage: 2/3{+2}|SnaX: 1/2 HD 3 melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +2 Perc: +3 | Insp = no |Human Barb3| AC: 16

"Amrik," Gorn says nonplussed, "you do know that everything you say I'm assuming is a lie?

I've known your kind before. Several times over, depending on how you count, and the more amicable you try to make yourself seem, the more I want to rip your tongue out then feed it back to you, though well seasoned and slow-roasted, just to say that I had done it."

Gorn didn't look like he was serious, so he was probably joking.

Probably.

Mrmmmph. The instant they make Intimidation Str dependent, I'll be rockin' like Dokken. As long as it's based on Cha I'm not beating anybody....


AC18(20) |HP 38/[40]| Str+3 Int+1 Wis+6 Dex+0 Con+2 Cha+2|Init + 0|Percept +6|Insight +6|Invest +4| War Priest Attacks 0/[3] Inspiration [Y] Channel Divinity 1/[1] HD 2/[5] Male Human Doomguide Acolyte of Kelemvor Cleric (War)/5

Rules as written does allow checks to be made with different stats depending on situation... if you were to violently smash something and come at him screaming? Str could apply


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14
Evendur "Grim" Greymantle wrote:
Rules as written does allow checks to be made with different stats depending on situation... if you were to violently smash something and come at him screaming? Str could apply

However, as a DM, it would take more than talking to make that check with Strength. It would take breaking something or similar display.


AvernusArt 2Grid

Its technically a variant rule, and one I like. The published adventures also often include skills with variant stats for some reason, especially Charisma(Animal Handling) of all things. I used to make a point of mentioning it in recruitment posts but didn't this time, probably forgot.

"I see, first the knees then my tongue...they say the healthy man does not torture others, it is the tortured who turn into torturers. Well, I rather disagree. Everyone has their breaking point..." he locks eyes with a woman in the crowd as he jaws more of his learned noble banter, whose eyes swell with tears in sympathy. Annoying prat he is, his charm was undeniable...one finger always playing the heartstrings of humanity.

Speaking of variants, f@!&er has charisma based AC. Charisma. AC.

As the party makes an abrupt course correction, the flock of ravens far above snaps and alters shape, disappearing a moment as it becomes occulted by the tall edges of tightly spaced stone towers, hanging laundry, and cloth awnings. Rushing down a damp and dirty alley an insane homeless person cackles from the shadows, holding his belly and rolling on his back as you pass...perhaps mistaking you for a hallucination. A scrawny mutt nose deep in a discarded pigeon carcass waits until the last second of your approach before bolting around the corner.

You are about to re-emerge to a relatively clean walkway paved with yellow stones and lined with potted plants. A few businesses keep their storefronts here: a Stationery, Alchemist, some kind of tax collection offices. Nestled in with the enterprise is a crenellated stone watch tower flying the banner of the Flaming Fist.

A pair of your fellow armsmen sit atop the horses' hitching post, letting their legs dangle as they dip fried cakes into hot milk tea. People are coming and going about their regular business, and you seem to have outrun the news spreading from a few streets over...news that the son of the most powerful person in Baldur's Gate has been arrested.

A raven alights on the alchemist's signage, squawking and looking around.

Party is semi-hidden in the alley shadows for the moment. Across the way is the post, 20 ft. Lots of people here but none have taken notice yet.


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

Yeah, they did that for the swashbucklers in Waterdeep Dragon Heist... Charisma to AC.

Donal says resolutely, You be forthcoming and helpful, you will leave with all your parts. For now, let us get to cover.

The agent of Torm ushers Amrik forward, avoiding crowds.

Fezzik (Gorn). "Everybody MOVE!"


AvernusArt 2Grid

Rushing Amrik across the street takes less than a heartbeat, but the restrained noble still manages to turn heads...included a tiny feathered one.

DM: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 5) = 14

One of the Fist drops from his perch on the hitching post, adjusts his pants and blathers out "So, what do we have this time...oooh, looks ric-wait. What the hell?! Is that Amrik Vanthampur?! And you brought him here?? You trying to get us all killed?"

"Yeah...I was never here, ok?" says the second one before running off to the east. The first looks tempted to follow the coward, but holds his ground a moment for some kind of explanation.

Beyond is an open archway leading into the simple post. A wooden ladder runs up the left side wall to a trapdoor on the second level, and along with a few tables and chairs you spot a weapons rack, a few locked chests, and a small one person cell (a hand-drawn portcullis raises and lowers a set of iron bars).


Halfling Dragonslayer | HP: 33/34 | 0/1d8 & 0d6 | Disguise 1/1 | Camo 2/3 | Recover 0/3 | Fast Rit 1/1 |1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/3 | Inspiration!
Stats:
AC 15 | Str -1 Dex +6 Con +2 Int +7 Wis +1 Cha -1 | Init +3 | Perc +7, Darkvision 120 ft | Insight +1

Mal sneaks into the post and looks around. They were still alive, so far so good. He looks around the room for anything out of the ordinary, like a bolt hole. He expects to get attacked with the reaction of the Fisters and neighbors.


AvernusArt 2Grid

The arrest certainly seems to be causing a stir. For the moment though, the ball is in your court. You've got Amrik and a semi-defensible position to do the questioning you wanted. Fire away.


Halfling Dragonslayer | HP: 33/34 | 0/1d8 & 0d6 | Disguise 1/1 | Camo 2/3 | Recover 0/3 | Fast Rit 1/1 |1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/3 | Inspiration!
Stats:
AC 15 | Str -1 Dex +6 Con +2 Int +7 Wis +1 Cha -1 | Init +3 | Perc +7, Darkvision 120 ft | Insight +1

"Guys, we're in a hole here. Defensible, but no way out. What do you want to do?"

"I've a disguise kit. I could make us look different, especially Amrik. Might need him gagged to maintain the illusion. Any other ideas?" Mal asks looking around the post.

Silver Crusade

| HP: 29/40[2]| Rage: 2/3{+2}|SnaX: 1/2 HD 3 melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +2 Perc: +3 | Insp = no |Human Barb3| AC: 16

Gorn was getting tired of this.

A ham-sized fist closes around the tunic of the quivering guard. "You will do your JOB soldier!" he yells, onion-and-tumeric spiced breath pouring over the man. Skull-sized shoulder muscles lift the man bodily off his feet. "You will MAINTAIN your POST and you will STAND with HONOR! We are THE LAW!"

He finally lets the man down.

"You can worry about mewling mob of cowardly rats that would allow filth like this to walk all over them.

Or you can worry about me."

Intimidation! With Strength!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 ._.


AC18(20) |HP 38/[40]| Str+3 Int+1 Wis+6 Dex+0 Con+2 Cha+2|Init + 0|Percept +6|Insight +6|Invest +4| War Priest Attacks 0/[3] Inspiration [Y] Channel Divinity 1/[1] HD 2/[5] Male Human Doomguide Acolyte of Kelemvor Cleric (War)/5

Well... the dice giveth and the dice take the away. What they take away is generally our dignity ;)

I'm done giving last rites Gorm! You're an uncontrollable monster! S*~#, I haven't even got properly clean from the last time!

Advantage roll for Gorm? Funny thing is? Grim ain't lying

Silver Crusade

| HP: 29/40[2]| Rage: 2/3{+2}|SnaX: 1/2 HD 3 melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +2 Perc: +3 | Insp = no |Human Barb3| AC: 16

Advantage!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Well that is better!


AvernusArt 2Grid

The man/ragdoll goes limp a moment as he gazes over the double deltoids supporting his weight, crumbs from his afternoon tea still dotting his mustache "R-right...consider me posted. But, sir, wasn't the mob I was a'feared o'so much as the Citadel...Vanthampur's on the Council of Four, highest law of the land! They'll rally them commandos for sure, if they haven't already..." drawing his mace and subsequently donning a riot shield from the racks. He takes a position just outside the main doors while the questioning begins.


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

Amrik, we know that you are funding the Dead Three cults at your mother's behest. We had to root out some of them from under your mother's bath house. Yes, we know that she owns the property, even if she has tried hard to keep ties to her a secret, Donal starts, We are cutting the legs out from under her. You can either leave of your own free will, cutting all ties to your mother and disappearing from the city, or we cut ties for you.


AvernusArt 2Grid

He looks back and forth between each of you a moment, before calmly replying "I see. You would have me set sail downriver? Or perhaps abscond by horse in the night? How might I best satisfy these demands laid before me?"


Male human ftr 5 | AC 17 (19) | hp 46/47 | 5 HD (1 used) | Saves S +6, D +2, C +6, I +0, W +1, Ch +1 | Second Wind used [ ] | Inspiration [ ] | Action Surge used [ ] | passive Perception 14

We can help sneak you out of the gates, and if you give us enough information to destroy your mother's operation, it will help your chances even more.

1,251 to 1,300 of 3,223 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Descent into Avernus Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.