GM supervillan's Carrion Hill [A Skulk in Ustalav] (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

maps and slides


401 to 450 of 930 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

"Just shut the... Oh, never mind! Whatever you guys are going to do to these guys, let's make it quick."

Inspire up! Flag up! +3 to Hit | +3 to Damage | +2 to Saves vs Fear/Charm

Round Four of Seventeen. Thirteen Rounds remain.


The Waking Rune

Toshi's quick reflexes get her past the maniacs without harm - to her at least, the front-most of their number is not so fortunate and Toshi cuts him down. The swashbuckler sees that the room is actually one end of a long, wide corridor.

Onna asks the skulk to deal with the deranged inmates quickly.

bright red vs Toshi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Another of the maniacs retaliates against Toshi, battering her with a broken chair leg.

"IÄ, IÄ, YOG-SOTHOTH!" cries the inmate, frothing at the mouth.

Combat round 1

Toshiko, -4hp
Onna
Bright red
Kenta
Hiiragi
Phidöe
Dark blue
Bright blue

Active conditions: flag, inspire courage

The bold may act!

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

Hiiragi's eyes narrow at the name-dropped god.

"Ah."

She grabs her flail and heads in.

+1 Heavy Flail + Songbird vs. Red: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 3 = 25
Damage + Songbird: 1d10 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 3 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Phidöe barges in, barking angrily at these maniacs, and whacks one with his tail!

Going for Red unless Red is already down from Hiiragi's attack, in which case Dark Blue.

Acrobatics to avoid an AoO leaving a threatened square: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Acrobatics to avoid an AoO entering foe's square, Vexing Defender: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 4 = 38

Climb check to climb on top of foe: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

unarmed strike, flank, inspire, flag: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
non-lethal dmg, inspire, flag, sneak: 1d3 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 10 + (4, 5) = 22

The foe (Red, or possibly Dark Blue) has a -4 penalty on all attacks against anyone but Phidöe. Any adjacent ally is considered to be flanking the foe. If the climb was successful the foe has a -2 penalty on attacks vs Phidöe.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 6 (Fox Form) | Mods: Aura of Courage | Speed 20ft in Armor | Smite Evil 2/2, 2 Star Reroll 1/1 (share?) | HP 58 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/17 | F/R/W +11/+8/+10 (+1 vs. Confusion, Immune Fear & Disease) | CMD 20 (Talisman or Teamwork Boon) | LoH: 6/6 (4d6 no Mercy, 3d6 w/ Sickened or Diseased Mercy) | +5 Diverse Training 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc: +1 (LL, +2 by Chance), SM: +5 (+2 by Chance)

Kenta moves in and pulls out his sap, thwacking at the first one still up.

MW Sap + Flag + IC - PA: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 22 for Bludgeoning/NL + Flag + IC + PA: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 15

Sorta assuming red is down and taking their spot. Thus the target will be blue then cyan, whichever is up. If red isn't down, he moves in to the right of red and attacks red.


The Waking Rune

All three of the remaining screaming maniacs are swiftly put down before they can cause any more harm to you or themselves. The paladins' targets are knocked out, Hiiragi's and Toshi's are bleeding out but you can stabilise them with no trouble.

Combat over!

The stone tiles on the floor here are of a deep green. Maniacal laughter, cries of pain, screams, and off-key singing echo from the north and south hallways. To the west, the hall ends in a large pair of massive iron doors. An iron door in the southern wall of the eastern room hangs wide open.

Detect Magic:
There are two magic auras covering the eastern end of the room. The strongest aura is of moderate strength.
Knowledge (arcana) DC20
Spoiler:
The strongest aura is of evocation magic.

Knowledge (arcana) DC18
Spoiler:
The weaker aura is of evocation magic.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

"Is anyone else getting the impression this is less 'I have a chemical imbalance' neurodivergence and more 'I got too close to one of the gods who's just kind of an edgelord' madness?" Hiiragi sighs. "Not that I have the INT or schooling to put it into those words, but you get the idea. My player's having a hard time figuring out how to put that in a way Hiiragi would. I mean, in a way I would."

"Anyway, do you ever think about the way media portrays mental illness? Like, I want to approach these people from a place of understanding, but there's a fair chance the module just has them all as gibberish-screaming murderers, so... y'know." She shrugs with her flail, grabbing her discarded longbow and shouldering it once more-- in these close quarters, it seems more likely to be Clobberin' Time than anything with range.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 6 (Fox Form) | Mods: Aura of Courage | Speed 20ft in Armor | Smite Evil 2/2, 2 Star Reroll 1/1 (share?) | HP 58 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/17 | F/R/W +11/+8/+10 (+1 vs. Confusion, Immune Fear & Disease) | CMD 20 (Talisman or Teamwork Boon) | LoH: 6/6 (4d6 no Mercy, 3d6 w/ Sickened or Diseased Mercy) | +5 Diverse Training 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc: +1 (LL, +2 by Chance), SM: +5 (+2 by Chance)

Kenta's eyes glaze over as Hiiragi starts talking. He focuses on stopping the death of the ones more injured than unconscious.

At the end of her rant he just scratches his head, "Uh Mom, you okay? That sounded like a lot of gibberish. Just like these poor students are screaming at us. Do we need to go take a break outside and talk about things?"

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

Hiiragi sighs, helping Kenta with the stabilization.

"I'm fine, just thinking too hard about the work we do again."

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 6 (Fox Form) | Mods: Aura of Courage | Speed 20ft in Armor | Smite Evil 2/2, 2 Star Reroll 1/1 (share?) | HP 58 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/17 | F/R/W +11/+8/+10 (+1 vs. Confusion, Immune Fear & Disease) | CMD 20 (Talisman or Teamwork Boon) | LoH: 6/6 (4d6 no Mercy, 3d6 w/ Sickened or Diseased Mercy) | +5 Diverse Training 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc: +1 (LL, +2 by Chance), SM: +5 (+2 by Chance)

Kenta nods, "Ah, well that is why I try not to think to hard. Leave all the saving the world stuff up to Mom Onna and just go around helping people."

He looks around, "Perhaps we should avoid the screaming rooms and try to get to the bottom of this mystery? Let us go check out those big iron doors. Nothing good ever hides behind big iron doors."

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Phidöe wags his tail vigorously while Hiiragi expounds on the metaphysics of madness, punctuating her speech with "You ain't wrong!" and "Preach!" By the end of her disquisition he has grown uncharacteristically quiet. "Yer right. Maybe the next room we find any o' these loonies I mean misunderstood souls I mean elder god possessed poor sots we should lay off the fisticuffs and just try talkin' to 'em, hear what they's got to say. Maybe they's all just needin a friendly listener or two?"

Grand Lodge

Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1
Kenta, Redeemer of Hope wrote:
To Hiiragi, "Uh Mom, you okay?"

YES! I'm not the Mom anymore! Cool aunt here I come.

Kenta, The Hope-Slayer wrote:
"Leave all the saving the world stuff up to Mom Onna..."

DAMMIT! So close!

Arcana vs DC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Arcana vs DC 18: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Allowing herself to become distracted, Onna can't focus enough on the first aura. The second, however, puts her back on edge.

"Everybody FREEZE!" Her eyes roll over the team, ensuring they stay away from the danger. "There are two auras on the other side of the room. The one I can determine is the kind that does things like explode and other harmful things."
Onna-Mom indeed.

If it's a trap or something which can be disabled:
Onna slowly edges her way toward the east. She nudges and prods at the arcane aura in an attempt to shatter the bonding helix and safely dissipate the danger.
Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Onna can disable Magical traps

If not 'Disable-able':
"We could try to set it off, but there is no telling how large the spell is until it is triggered." She looks about for something that might be used to set off the potentially deadly enchantment.Drat! I knew I should have picked up a Wand of Mount. Just summon it right in the middle and kablooey!! No more trap.

"Where's Chance by the way?"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

"Up top, looking over the ones we knocked out, if I remember correctly," Hiiragi reminds her; for what it's worth, she does freeze. Every time people look away, though, she shifts to a new pose.

Thankfully, she's usually within someone's line of vision, given there are a solid few companions down there with her.


The Waking Rune

The auras are in the same part of the room as the inmates and broken furniture.


The Waking Rune

If there is a trap tied to the magic aura, Onna cannot find it.

Kenta boldly strides down the hall to the double doors. Nobody explodes.

GM screen:
KP: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
cyan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

As he goes down the corridor, Kenta notices two more inmates chained to the floor at the bottom of staircases leading back up to the ground level. Unlike the inmates to the east these two are on very short chains - too short to allow them out into the corridor. Nevertheless one stabs at Kenta with a shiv, but the paladin easily avoids it.

The wailing of the two chained inmates makes it impossible to hear if there's anything beyond the double doors.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 6 (Fox Form) | Mods: Aura of Courage | Speed 20ft in Armor | Smite Evil 2/2, 2 Star Reroll 1/1 (share?) | HP 58 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/17 | F/R/W +11/+8/+10 (+1 vs. Confusion, Immune Fear & Disease) | CMD 20 (Talisman or Teamwork Boon) | LoH: 6/6 (4d6 no Mercy, 3d6 w/ Sickened or Diseased Mercy) | +5 Diverse Training 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc: +1 (LL, +2 by Chance), SM: +5 (+2 by Chance)

The fox ducks the blade and frowns, "Partner, could you come in and knock these students out? I think they might hurt themselves. Did not anyone ever teach them not to run with scissors?


The Waking Rune

Open the big doors now, or wait till you've knocked out the two chained inmates?

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 6 (Fox Form) | Mods: Aura of Courage | Speed 20ft in Armor | Smite Evil 2/2, 2 Star Reroll 1/1 (share?) | HP 58 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/17 | F/R/W +11/+8/+10 (+1 vs. Confusion, Immune Fear & Disease) | CMD 20 (Talisman or Teamwork Boon) | LoH: 6/6 (4d6 no Mercy, 3d6 w/ Sickened or Diseased Mercy) | +5 Diverse Training 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc: +1 (LL, +2 by Chance), SM: +5 (+2 by Chance)

Waiting. On the knockouts and his allies catching up.

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Phidöe enters the room and frowns. "More madmen. Hmph."

GM, unless you consider it an un-paladinly act Phidöe will use non-lethal to knock them out. As gently as he can. Do you want attack rolls?


The Waking Rune

The two chained inmates are armed - but can't move from their spaces. You could drop them with ranged attacks but if you want to punch/tail sweep them unconscious they may get a crack at you. To move this along, I will give each of them one attack against Phidöe before considering the party to have KO'd them and stabilised them if needed.

stab vs Phidöe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
stab vs Phidöe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Each of the screaming inmates stabs at the incoming paladin-pup, but Phidöe's mage armour defeats them. The pair are quickly quietened.

And we'll open the big doors tomorrow.

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Phidöe barks at both of the crazed chained prisoners. "... and stay down!"

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

Hiiragi sighs. "Unfortunate, all the way through," she says, stepping over them as she and Onna follow after. "Hopefully we can at least save worse from happening if we can find those five."


The Waking Rune

Kenta opens the double doors.

A grisly torture chamber is equipped with a stretching rack, an iron maiden, dangling iron cages, a fire pit to the southeast, and three empty cages to the north.

A short humanoid with bulging white eyes and wild hair stands by a low table upon which is stretched out a corpse. The skin of the corpse is patchwork, stitched together sections of human and inhuman flesh. The small wild-haired creature has its arms in the corpse's entrails. It glances up at you briefly and turns to two still-living 'patients' cowering from it. Like the corpse, their skin is a patchwork of multiple creatures, but they stand and they grab torture implements from the table in front of them.

"তাদের চামড়া সংগ্রহ করুন এবং আপনি অন্য দিনের জন্য আপনার রাখতে পারেন।"

aklo:
"Harvest their skins and you can keep yours for another day."

initiative:

Kenta: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Phidöe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Onna: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Hiiragi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Toshiko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Doctor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
patchwork patient 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
patchwork patient 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Knowledge (local) DC13 - doctor:
The doctor is a derro. Derro are a race of sadistic subterranean humanoids thought to be descended from evil fey. They are known for a propensity to abduct surface-dwellers and perform grisly experiments upon them.
DC18
Spoiler:
The reason for the derro race's mad experimentation is an endless quest for a solution to their fatal aversion to sunlight. After existing underground for countless generations, the derro have developed such a weakness to sunlight that it slowly burns them to death.

DC23
Spoiler:
Like many races of the deep, dark places of the world, Derro are resistant to spells. Their innate madness also protects them from confusion and madness effects.

DC28
Spoiler:
Derro are proficient in poison use, can cause deadly wounds thanks to their great knowledge of anatomy sneak attack and possess several spell-like abilities including Darkness, Ghost Sound and Sound Burst.

Knowledge (local) DC15 - patients:
The patients are human, though it's difficult to recognise them as such because of the multiple skin transplants that they've been subjected to. (No special powers gained from the surgery).

Combat round 1

Phidöe
Toshiko
Onna
Doctor (yellow)
Hiiragi
Patient 1 (red)
Kenta
Patient 2 (blue)

The bold may act!

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Phidöe doesn't like the looks of this at all. With an angry growl he bolts forward and runs right up on top of the Doctor.

Phidöe has 40' movement so I think he has enough to reach the Doctor as long as he attempts to do an accelerated Climb and doesn't use Acrobatics to avoid AoOs (so if Yellow has Combat Reflexes he'll get to take a shot).

Climb, accelerated, acrobat trait, vs flat-footed CMD: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 2 = 21

Once atop the Doctor Phidöe makes a single strike with his Stunning tail.

Unarmed strike: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Stunning Fist: DC 16 Fort or stunned for 1 round
B dmg: 1d3 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 + sneak attack: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11
I haven't included flagbearer because I think it can't be seen from this spot? Or inspire since I don't think it's active yet.

Assuming Phidöe has climbed atop the creature the usual debuffs apply: a) Yellow has a -4 penalty on attacks against anyone but Phidöe; b) Yellow has a -2 penalty on attacks against Phidöe; c) Any ally who moves adjacent is considered to be flanking Yellow.

Grand Lodge

Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

Local vs DC 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Local vs DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"The doctor, he's a derro. Think the dwarven version of the drow. They hate sun and are resistant to spells." She pauses a moment, looks at Kenta, and adds, "He's an evil bad guy who may know how to stop the invisible monster destroying the town." Why do they immediately run off? We had them bottlenecked at the doors?

Inspire & FB up and running. +3 to those who can see and hear me, +2 to those who can only hear me.

AoO?: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 3 = 26
Damage?: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


The Waking Rune

Phidöe charges in to confront the derro surgeon. He jumps on top of the maniacal doctor and thwacks him with his tail.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

It's a solid blow, but the derro still stands.

Onna rallies the troops and holds her spear at the ready.

Delaying Toshi

"এই শিয়ালকে আমার থেকে সরিয়ে দাও! আমি এর চামড়া চাই!"

aklo:
"Get this fox off me! I want its skin!"

The doctor draws a long knife...

Combat round 1

Phidöe
Onna
Doctor (yellow), -20hp
Hiiragi
Toshiko
Patient 1 (red)
Kenta
Patient 2 (blue)

The bold may act!

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

Hiiragi hustles in, big ol' flail in hand, and then gets a much BIGGER flail in her much BIGGER hands! She snarls in rage and metes out some judgment (hopefully) against the derro.

Smashy-Smash the Derro: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 3 = 21
Damage: 2d8 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (7, 4) + 7 + 3 = 21


The Waking Rune

Bigragi splinters the furniture and breaks the operating table AND the doctor with a sweep of her flail!

The two patients show no signs of surrendering.

Combat round 1

Phidöe
Onna
Hiiragi
Toshiko
Patient 1 (red)
Kenta
Patient 2 (blue)

The bold may act!

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Did the surgeon not take a standard action?

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

The knife was so long it took a full round!


The Waking Rune

He readied, hoping to get help from an ally to enable sneak attack. Then Bigragi happened :)

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 4 | HP 40/40 | AC 18, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +4 R +9 W +1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: Sickened

Toshi hurls a starknife at blue, over Kenta's shoulder.

Starknife, PBS, Onna, cover: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 3 - 4 = 26

Damage, Onna: 1d4 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 = 16


The Waking Rune

Toshi's knife drops one of the patchwork patients. The second one screams incoherently and stabs at Hiiragi.

stab: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The serrated surgical blade catches only air as the patient lunges too early.

Combat round 1 / 2

Phidöe
Onna
Hiiragi
Toshiko
Patient 1 (red)
Kenta

The bold may act!

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 6 (Fox Form) | Mods: Aura of Courage | Speed 20ft in Armor | Smite Evil 2/2, 2 Star Reroll 1/1 (share?) | HP 58 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/17 | F/R/W +11/+8/+10 (+1 vs. Confusion, Immune Fear & Disease) | CMD 20 (Talisman or Teamwork Boon) | LoH: 6/6 (4d6 no Mercy, 3d6 w/ Sickened or Diseased Mercy) | +5 Diverse Training 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc: +1 (LL, +2 by Chance), SM: +5 (+2 by Chance)

Kenta moves in and pulls out his sap, thwacking at the last student.

”Knives should be in the kitchen. And this is not a kitchen. Unless maybe this is a medical school? And we are in the surgery? Either way though, you should not stab at people.”

MW Sap + Flag + IC - PA: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 23 for Bludgeoning/NL + Flag + IC + PA: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 12

Could someone move me up to the enemy? Thanks!

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Kenta Faux wrote:
Could someone move me up to the enemy? Thanks!

Done.

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

If Red is still standing, Phidöe darts forward to try to finish them off.

Acrobatics to avoid an AoO from leaving a threatened square: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Acrobatics to avoid an AoO from entering the foe's square: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 4 = 29

Climb: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

unarmed strike, non-lethal, flank, inspire, flag: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
non-lethal dmg, sneak: 1d3 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + (6, 4) = 22

Grand Lodge

Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

The bard moves up and opens the other door, making her banner now visible to all. Onna assesses the situation. "That must be our guy! Try not to kill him. He's useless to us dead." [I]Not that they would try to kill him straight away in the first place. Still, if he is a big enough of a threat, we may have to end him. We're no good to the town as a bunch of corpses.[/ic]

FB & IC up and running. +3 to all the things.

Round Six of Seventeen. Eleven Rounds remain.


The Waking Rune

Kenta socks the second patient before any harm can be done to the skulk. This saves Onna a round of Performance.

Out of combat!

Any of the enemy combatants can be stabilised if you wish. Waking the doctor will take 2 clw spells/charges or equivalent. The patient that Kenta knocked out can be revived with one clw; the one who took a knife from Toshi will take 2 clw charges.

The doctor has several long knives about his person, and a small crossbow with a case of ten bolts. The bolts are tipped with a sticky substance.

Craft (alchemy) DC12 OR Poison Use:
The substance is giant spider venom (STR damage).

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

Hiiragi goes ahead and disarms him and the patients.

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Phidöe helps to stabilize their foes, mainly by licking their faces. "Blech! The things I do for my job..."

Do we think that the doctor might be the person we are looking for? Any resemblance?

Grand Lodge

Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

"Let's get him stripped down and tied up before we even think of waking him up."

Detect magic and all the things.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 6 (Fox Form) | Mods: Aura of Courage | Speed 20ft in Armor | Smite Evil 2/2, 2 Star Reroll 1/1 (share?) | HP 58 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/17 | F/R/W +11/+8/+10 (+1 vs. Confusion, Immune Fear & Disease) | CMD 20 (Talisman or Teamwork Boon) | LoH: 6/6 (4d6 no Mercy, 3d6 w/ Sickened or Diseased Mercy) | +5 Diverse Training 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc: +1 (LL, +2 by Chance), SM: +5 (+2 by Chance)

Kenta quickly starts the tying up process so that the poor completely innocent people caught up in this horrid little school can be saved.

I think I'll just try to stabilize them all and then burn two charges to bring the big boss back, after all are tied up of course.


The Waking Rune

Onna detects no magic.

Phidöe recalls that Onna described the doctor as some kind of evil dwarf, but the Mayor said that Warden Crove was a respected member of the Carrion Hill community. It seems unlikely that this is the Warden, and Keeper, that you're looking for.


The Waking Rune

Kenta restores the doctor to consciousness - the derro chained with manacles from his own grim theatre.

The doctor snarls at you: "বোকা এবং নির্দোষ! তুমি আমার ময়নাতদন্ত ব্যাহত করেছ! সব জ্ঞান চিরতরে হারিয়ে গেছে! আমি তোমাকে জীবিত করে ফেলব!"

aklo:
"Fools and ingrates! You disrupted my autopsy! All that knowledge lost forever! I'll flay you alive!"

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 6 (Fox Form) | Mods: Aura of Courage | Speed 20ft in Armor | Smite Evil 2/2, 2 Star Reroll 1/1 (share?) | HP 58 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/17 | F/R/W +11/+8/+10 (+1 vs. Confusion, Immune Fear & Disease) | CMD 20 (Talisman or Teamwork Boon) | LoH: 6/6 (4d6 no Mercy, 3d6 w/ Sickened or Diseased Mercy) | +5 Diverse Training 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc: +1 (LL, +2 by Chance), SM: +5 (+2 by Chance)

Kenta's brow furrows, "Hello Professor Doctor. Or uh, Proc, I guess. Anyway, it is nice to meet you! We were able to stop you from hurting yourself with those dangerous knives. You are welcome. Could you also explain maybe why everyone is running around with scissors? It is dangerous."

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

"If he isn't our guy and seems to be actively hurting people... should we just bash his head in and be done with it?"

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Phidöe frowns. "I'm afraid we can't just bash his head - that wouldn't be cricket, doncha know - but let's tie him up until we can deliver all of them to the authorities."


The Waking Rune

Perception:

Kenta: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 +2 w/Chance
Phidöe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 scent
Onna: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Hiiragi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Toshiko: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

initiative:

Kenta: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Phidöe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Onna: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Hiiragi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Toshiko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
WC: 1d20 ⇒ 10
melties: 1d20 ⇒ 3

GM screen:
number: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Whilst you discuss what to do with the ungrateful derro doctor, Toshiko and Onna notice figures emerge from the corridor to the east - where you came from. An elderly human male, with two mishapen creatures preceding him that appear to be little more than lumps of melted flesh.

"Fools and ingrates is quite right" says the elder. "You're jeopardising the safety of the whole of Carrion Hill! Interfering with matters your inferior minds can't hope to comprehend!"

Knowledge (planes) DC11:
The mishapen monsters accompanying the old man are lemures - a lesser devil, barely sentient but nonetheless wholly evil.
DC16
Spoiler:
In common with greater devils, lemures are immune to fire and poison and resistant to cold and acid. Their rudimentary minds make them immune to mind-affecting effects.

DC21
Spoiler:
Like other devils, it takes holy or silver weapons to do real harm to a lemure.

Combat round 1

Toshiko
Phidöe
Onna
Old man
Hiiragi
Kenta
Melty guys

The bold may act!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17
Old Dude wrote:
"inferior minds"

"Well, that's just rude."

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 6 (Fox Form) | Mods: Aura of Courage | Speed 20ft in Armor | Smite Evil 2/2, 2 Star Reroll 1/1 (share?) | HP 58 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/17 | F/R/W +11/+8/+10 (+1 vs. Confusion, Immune Fear & Disease) | CMD 20 (Talisman or Teamwork Boon) | LoH: 6/6 (4d6 no Mercy, 3d6 w/ Sickened or Diseased Mercy) | +5 Diverse Training 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc: +1 (LL, +2 by Chance), SM: +5 (+2 by Chance)

Kenta points out the human, ”Look Detective Phidoe, it is the one behind it all. The one we have been chasing with all the book clues! I knew if we stayed the course the culprit would reveal themselves. Criminals are dumb, after all.”

401 to 450 of 930 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's Carrion Hill [A Skulk in Ustalav] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.