Pirate Vaults

Game Master Pirate Rob

Slides | Calendar | Player Notes | Otari | Loot


3,001 to 3,050 of 3,666 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

The meal is indeed delicious and comes with many courses. She listens to your stories and after a bath Lasda shows back up and after some more hugs from his mom explains to y'all what he knows, which isn't much.

"As a mentioned I was taking my morning walk and I got nipped by this bundle of worms in a robe. I got stuck in a room with 3 cages where 'orrible things happened and then I got stuck havin my innerds pulled through that ribbon o light, was healin' me and hurtin' me at the same time."

He doesn't really have anything useful to add. After finishing an extremely hearty meal, including 2 deserts you think you've finally escaped Brelda's hospitality and she brings you a tray of dried meats and cheeses and other such preserved food. Additionally there are a pair of Healer's Gloves with a note [i]For the rare occasion when a good meal won't fix yer problems.

Rockfish is now helpful, you can rest here for free. "Social" characters can retrain in 5 day weeks and you get a +1 on checks here to gather info or use performance to earn income.

Horizon Hunters

NG Dream May Changeling Witch 6 | HP 49/49| AC 19/21 | F: +11 R: +9, W: +12| Perc: +10 | Focus Points: 3 | Speed 25ft | Spell DC: 21 | Active conditions: None

While Sendoski enjoys desert, Naught helps himself to some dried meat.

"I can't help but wonder who else might be alive down there," Sendoski says. "Lasda sure was lucky."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Lets set everybody to 2 hero points, you've had a excellent meal and have some great provisions.


NG (he/him) Scarred One (orc) Druid 6 | HP 84/84 | AC 23 (25 w shield) | F+13 R+12 W+14 | Perc+14 Darkvision | Stealth+2 | 25ft | Hero 2 | Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Scarred One do enjoy nice meal, altho he stays silent during it. When the boy finishes he simply adds

"We met that blue fiend that you spoke of and send her out of here. The same with the worms in robes."

He tries the gloves and nods his head, "Looks good on me, not my color but I can change that."


NG (he/him) Scarred One (orc) Druid 6 | HP 84/84 | AC 23 (25 w shield) | F+13 R+12 W+14 | Perc+14 Darkvision | Stealth+2 | 25ft | Hero 2 | Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"So how about we go back and explore the other secret places. I am afraid that maybe more people are locked somewhere, just like that dwarf" says Scarred One

I am fine following through the hidden rooms. Change my spells a bit.


Male Duskwalker Champion (Redeemer) 5 | 20' | HP: 86/86 | AC: 25 (26 with Shld) | Perc: +10 (T; Darkvision) | F: +12 R: +8 W: +12 | Exploration: Scout | Marshal Aura: 10' status vs Fear | LoH used: 0/1 | Status: Marshal Aura 10' | Hero Points: 1

Yan nods. I believe we were ticking them off in reverse numerical order.


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Room #5 Is the back room behind the ghost of Volluk's abandoned lover. You got the contract for the devil there. Just never bothered to add room to map.

---

Room #4 is the elevator, it's currently at the higher level, thus not on the map on that floor.

---

#3

Heading back through the library, you find your favroite ghoul calmly reading books in the library, he barely looks up to acknowledge your presence as you head by. Even at a constant and voracious pace it will take decades to read everything here.

In the large round room as before several low divans are arranged in a circle and interspersed with low tables stacked with a few books.

Where before a twisting ribbon of pale blue light stretched between the bare floor at the room’s center and the ceiling above there's now a sense of calm.

Checking out the wall after some searching you're able to find the secret door to the smaller side passage.

There the walls are decorated with intricate, intertwining runes and shapes carved into deep into the stone and filled with dull, silvery metal. The floor and ceiling are polished to a reflective sheen. It appears to be another non-functional teleportation circle.

---

#2

Heading over to the west you find the secret doors with a bit of looking. There the back angled room has four alcoves. The southwestern alcove has a silvery circle of runes inlaid on the floor, like the other nonfunctional teleportation circles. A peephole in the eastern wall allows observation of the room beyond. The northwestern alcove looks like it once contained inlaid silver, but does not any longer.

You suspect this room was used to spy on people in the reading room.

---

#1

Even knowing this secret door is here via the map it is difficult to find and take you quite a bit of searching and it takes Scarred One's keen eyes to find it. DC 30

Inside, the walls of this small room have built-in shelves. Books line the shelves to the north and south, while a stack of loose scrolls sits on the shelf to the west. A single chair and a small writing desk sit in the middle of the room.

It does not appear as if they ghouls used this room, or likely even knew of its existence.

There is a large book, perhaps a journal of some sort, written in Aklo.

Stacks of loose paper, also written in Aklo seems to contain drawings and notes about Gauntlight.

A folio containing several esoteric diagrams is sandwiched between several books on teleportation on the north shelf. The folio details
Belcorra’s series of linked teleportation circles to quickly move around the Abomination Vaults, and it notes the importance of using the awaken portal ritualto activate them should time or mischance deplete them of power. The awaken portal ritual is included here.

See slide 19, next to Otari's story/info.

The largest book in the room, on the southern shelf, is labeled The Whispering Reeds.


Male Duskwalker Champion (Redeemer) 5 | 20' | HP: 86/86 | AC: 25 (26 with Shld) | Perc: +10 (T; Darkvision) | F: +12 R: +8 W: +12 | Exploration: Scout | Marshal Aura: 10' status vs Fear | LoH used: 0/1 | Status: Marshal Aura 10' | Hero Points: 1

Yan opens Whispering Reeds and glances through it.

Sendoski, I think you can conduct this ritual. If needed, Scarred one can help.

Looks like Sendoski iss Arcana / Occultism +9 and Scarred one Occultism +8, and Oorgatch occultism +7. Sendoski should be the primary with Arcana and a secondary is needed, Scarred One with occultisn.


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

The Whispering Reeds seems to describe 77 supposed encounters
with the Outer Goddess Nhimbaloth, and how each encounter left physical or mental scars. This particular copy is heavily annotated in what is most likely Belcorra's hand, particularly in areas where themes of Nhimbaloth as an “eater of ghosts” play into the parables and tales.

Will save from Yan DC 27 (curse, necromancy, occult)


Male Duskwalker Champion (Redeemer) 5 | 20' | HP: 86/86 | AC: 25 (26 with Shld) | Perc: +10 (T; Darkvision) | F: +12 R: +8 W: +12 | Exploration: Scout | Marshal Aura: 10' status vs Fear | LoH used: 0/1 | Status: Marshal Aura 10' | Hero Points: 1

Will (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Yan slowly closes the book. You cannot hurt me, Nhimbaloth. Ashava is my light.


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Yan has a brief shiver down his spine as though Nhimbaloth blinked at him, but the feeling passes. Interestingly enough the introduction to the book says it's a collection of stories about the Outer Goddess Nhimbaloth so that foes of the Empty Dead could learn of her tricks and combat them.

There is clearly much to learn from the Whispering Reeds as well as other documents here, but they will take time, and may be dangerous.


Male Duskwalker Champion (Redeemer) 5 | 20' | HP: 86/86 | AC: 25 (26 with Shld) | Perc: +10 (T; Darkvision) | F: +12 R: +8 W: +12 | Exploration: Scout | Marshal Aura: 10' status vs Fear | LoH used: 0/1 | Status: Marshal Aura 10' | Hero Points: 1

Yan looks at Naught. This book may be too dangerous for a cat.

Yan shakes his sadly, for he has a feeling Sendoski will be all too eager to unlock Nhimbaloth's secrets.


NG (he/him) Scarred One (orc) Druid 6 | HP 84/84 | AC 23 (25 w shield) | F+13 R+12 W+14 | Perc+14 Darkvision | Stealth+2 | 25ft | Hero 2 | Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"I wonder if we should not study the book when we are safe, and maybe with extra precautions." Maybe invest in some bravo's brew or a caster with Remove Curse ;)

"So the teleportation circles allowed for someone to move between levels, wouldn't we want to actually disable them?" asks the old one


CG Male (he/his) Orc Eldritch Anatomist swashbuckler 6 | HP 59/76 | AC 24 (26 w/Parry)| Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 Darkvision | Speed 30ft (35' w/ Panache)| Hero Points 0/3, Inf Picks 5/5 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions: parry, panache

”Sounds like we only turn on the links we we want?”


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Where to next?


CG Male (he/his) Orc Eldritch Anatomist swashbuckler 6 | HP 59/76 | AC 24 (26 w/Parry)| Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 Darkvision | Speed 30ft (35' w/ Panache)| Hero Points 0/3, Inf Picks 5/5 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions: parry, panache

"Yan, why don't you put the book away, for now, so none of gets hurt. Should we make sure we know where that tunnel leads on level 3?"

Noted on map.

"Once we know that is safe, we could go deeper down."


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Several slippery ledges lead up and out of the area, joining a small complex of caverns that stretches between Fogfen and the coast.

The tunnels connect to the coastline west of Otari in a sea cave that’s underwater even at low tide.

Jaul left this way when you let him free.


Male Duskwalker Champion (Redeemer) 5 | 20' | HP: 86/86 | AC: 25 (26 with Shld) | Perc: +10 (T; Darkvision) | F: +12 R: +8 W: +12 | Exploration: Scout | Marshal Aura: 10' status vs Fear | LoH used: 0/1 | Status: Marshal Aura 10' | Hero Points: 1

Looks like we got all the missing locations. Let's head down.


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Preparing yourselves and heading down the crumbling tairs with nothing but your own light to brighten the way.

It leads down to a cracked and badly stained mosaic tile floor. To the south, a walkway encircles a round gaping pit, leading to a spiral stairway that clings to the edge of the pit. A twisted iron banister follows the edge of the walkway and stairs that spiral down out of sight. The acrid smell of chemicals and rot, with just a tinge of sulfur, wafts from the pit’s darkness.

Strange moaning echoes up the shaft.


CG Male (he/his) Orc Eldritch Anatomist swashbuckler 6 | HP 59/76 | AC 24 (26 w/Parry)| Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 Darkvision | Speed 30ft (35' w/ Panache)| Hero Points 0/3, Inf Picks 5/5 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions: parry, panache

In regards to the cave tunnel
"We'll have to secure that in the future. Once we've cleaned this place out."

Now

"Well, that all sounds ominous."
Oorgatch takes a moment to looks at the mosiac tile floor, to see what it is depicting, and to assess the workmanship.

Crafting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


NG (he/him) Scarred One (orc) Druid 6 | HP 84/84 | AC 23 (25 w shield) | F+13 R+12 W+14 | Perc+14 Darkvision | Stealth+2 | 25ft | Hero 2 | Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Scarred One walks a bit closer and smells the air "I wonder what that is"

Could I recall knowledge (Dubious Knowledge) about the wailing? Religion +13/Occultism +8


Male Duskwalker Champion (Redeemer) 5 | 20' | HP: 86/86 | AC: 25 (26 with Shld) | Perc: +10 (T; Darkvision) | F: +12 R: +8 W: +12 | Exploration: Scout | Marshal Aura: 10' status vs Fear | LoH used: 0/1 | Status: Marshal Aura 10' | Hero Points: 1

Yan nods. Yeah, recall nowlledge. He also looks to Sendoski. Maybe Occultism?

Horizon Hunters

NG Dream May Changeling Witch 6 | HP 49/49| AC 19/21 | F: +11 R: +9, W: +12| Perc: +10 | Focus Points: 3 | Speed 25ft | Spell DC: 21 | Active conditions: None

"I'm sure it's just the wind," Sendoski says, always eager to explore. "Let's check these other doors first."

Sendoski checks the door to the east(?).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Back in Town...

Carman Rajani's trial comes and goes. Especially with Yan Tovis speaking out for him, since Carman didn't actually hurt anybody and turned himself in and returned the stole sword is sentenced to time served plus a rather hefty fine to be paid to the Dawnflower temple in restitution for the damage caused. Rather than bankrupt him the Temple agrees to take payments in installment as long as Carman comes in for scripture readings for one hour a week.

Better than any of the alternatives Carman Rajani agrees and business at Blades for Glades is once again reopen although much of Otari shuns him.
Carmen Rajani remains friendly

The Mayor would still like somebody to tutor their daughter in the ways of the world before they leave for University in Absalom later this year. (Society to Earn Income, level 5 task)

While the Mayor is too respectable to take a bribe, tutoring his daughter would take one more thing off his plate and he'd go through the effort to get you ownership and the permits needed to renovate The Thirsty Alpaca.

If somebody agrees to spend a week tutoring the daughter, we'll unlock the renovate the Tavern downtime activity. (No check required, 30 person days before it's ready to open)

Morlibint over at Odd Stories might have useful things to say about The Whispering Reeds.
Each of 3 things, will take a day of downtime with Morlibint to sort out. (Journal, Whispering Reeds, Loose Papers)

There are still some various locations in town you're not particularly familiar with.

We're going to do 10 days of downtime, and at least 1 social vignette each. Let me know what you're interested in.


NG (he/him) Scarred One (orc) Druid 6 | HP 84/84 | AC 23 (25 w shield) | F+13 R+12 W+14 | Perc+14 Darkvision | Stealth+2 | 25ft | Hero 2 | Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Scarred One limps to Farmer's Guild wishing to check upon Jala. He was no longer the quiet grumpy type, but apparently, he was able to withhold a conversation every now and then. The words that Yan told him were ringing in his head "Start with simple small talk, ask how one is feeling, later ask about their business and try to probe if there are any opportunities."

He finds the halfling busy as always

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"Jala, you look taller than usual. Have you grown from the last time I saw you?" asks with what was supposed to be a casual greeting, but quickly he realizes how idiotic was it. The 7 ft tall bent Orc speaks about height with half his size halfling.

"How are things, need a hand in whatever you are doing. As you heard we found and dealt with Jaul."

I will leave my downtime check after ^^ is resolved, there could be better actions to do and keep on intoxicating in dodgy alchemical potions.


Male Duskwalker Champion (Redeemer) 5 | 20' | HP: 86/86 | AC: 25 (26 with Shld) | Perc: +10 (T; Darkvision) | F: +12 R: +8 W: +12 | Exploration: Scout | Marshal Aura: 10' status vs Fear | LoH used: 0/1 | Status: Marshal Aura 10' | Hero Points: 1

Yan makes a point to be seen at Carman's shop, hoping to lead by example.

He keeps an eye out for Wrab Chertel, wondering why the man is not friendly to someone trying to save the town. Eventually, he corners the businessman in a shop and strikes up a conversation about lumber in the area. Lumberjacking is a dangerous business after all — maybe more so than adventuring! Is there anything he could do to help? As a dancer, Yan is actually very strong and needs to stay in shape on his days off.

Diplomacy (E): 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 1 = 26


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Carman is still the best smith for saws and axes and other lumberjacking tools, his weapon business has taken a dive though.

Wrab Chertel is clearly a busy man, but finds time to chat with Yan. "We do our best to keep workers safe, but it is a dangerous business." He is clearly familiar with the business but is stressed by current business issues. While he does not accept a offer from Yan he does warm up a bit.

He's now indifferent instead of unfriendly at least.

----

Scarred One makes it back to Jala Highstepper and the Farmer's Guild.

She's busy talking to several local farmers and getting them set up with rooms to spend the night before they make the long trek back to their farms tomorrow.

"Makes you wonder what other monsters lurk out there. Barely a day goes by that Keeleno doesn't express gratitude for y'all finally killing his wife's murderer though."

She leads you out to a large tree out back and shows you her shrine to Erastil "I hope to someday get a real priest of Erastil to settle here and represent the regional farmers. Until then, this shrine will have to do."

"Not the job for you clearly, but I could use an expert eye seperating the wheat from the chaff so to speak."

She's now helpful. You can Earn Income via Nature (Sorting produce) at level (max 4), you can also stay here if needed.

Horizon Hunters

NG Dream May Changeling Witch 6 | HP 49/49| AC 19/21 | F: +11 R: +9, W: +12| Perc: +10 | Focus Points: 3 | Speed 25ft | Spell DC: 21 | Active conditions: None

Sendoski and Naught tutor the Mayor's daughter. Naught baps her with a paw whenever she makes a mistake, and complains every evening about how difficult children are.

When the week is over, a tired Sendoski, eager for conversation with anyone who isn't a child or a cat, visits Morlibint to discuss books, especially The Whispering Reeds.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Society: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Sendoski makes 4.9gp for the week.

Society: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Dorianna is a studious and shy 16 year old. She's clearly bright but has left a sheltered life in the relatively quiet Otari. She's clearly unprepared for life in the big city, but she's bright and a quick learner and even a week spent with her she makes good progress.

There is a minor hiccup towards the end of the week when she has several nightmares, and ends up screaming and clutching a stuffed griffon she hasn’t touched in years. She can't describe the specifics of these nightmares beyond her fear and the appearance of a man shrouded in mismatched fabric who comforts her.

Sendoski's knowledge of the occult and ability to detect magic doesn't reveal and curses or other magics upon her and there doesn't seem to be anything else to it. She does start playing with several other stuffed animals as well "It's been a long time since I played with Super kitty, I think it helps calm me." and they seems to help, although the nightmares do continue, although not with the intensity of the first night.

---

It takes a full day of Sendoski and Morblint working together on each of the documents.

The stack of loose papers and scrolls contain a wealth of information about Gauntlight See Slide 21 for info dump. Note the Gauntlight Is specifically the lighthouse and shaft directly beneath it, not the entire dungeon.

---

The journal is written in Aklo and it about 500 years old...

It details the when in 4219 AR The Haruvex family wasejected from Absalom when their secret sacrifices were discovered. They fled to Andoran, where they live in poverty. Clearly this is particularly hard on 6-year-old Belcorra, the family’s youngest scion. She writes about her hatred of Abslaom and how her family call her Nhimbloth's Chosen one.

Over the next dozen years or so the rest of her family died off in poverty. She then wrote about visions from Nhimbaloth that led her to the Isle of Kortos where she plotted her revenge.

Far above a subterranean shrine to Nhimbaloth called the Empty Vault, in a lonely stretch of wooded coast a few dozen miles from Absalom, Belcorra erected a magical lighthouse and called it Gauntlight.

She dug deep beneath it to reach the shrine she had seen in her visions, and while she worked, she began to plan her revenge. She would draw subterranean monsters and violent beasts into her secret dungeons—which she called the Abomination Vaults—and use Gauntlight’s magic to send them into Absalom to wreak havoc.

She enacted the first part of her plan, expanding the Abomination Vaults and raising a defensible keep around the lighthouse. She leveraged family acquaintances to acquire powerful retainers and champions to lead her monstrous forces.

The last several pages of the journal document much of her work in building the Abomination Vaults, the last entry speaks of flaying some betrayer that was seeking heroes from Absalom.

While the journal doesn’t offer many specific details, it mentions construction of fleshwarping laboratories, arenas where she pitted enemies against monstrous champions for her amusement, prisons, torture chambers, links to the Darklands, and a great temple where “once the Empty Death herself brushed against this fragile world.”

Belcorra’s entries often speak of her minions in the abstract, as if bragging about how many have come to serve her in creating the complex, but she only ever mentions one by name: her “amusingly vain” apprentice, Volluk Azrinae.

One of the last entries describes how this apprentice arrived from “a community of upstart and meddlesome drow below” to serve Belcorra. The notes don’t provide any further information about this drow community.

---

Morblint is also quite helpful in researching the history of The Whispering Reeds as well as unlocking its uses.

See slide 22


NG (he/him) Scarred One (orc) Druid 6 | HP 84/84 | AC 23 (25 w shield) | F+13 R+12 W+14 | Perc+14 Darkvision | Stealth+2 | 25ft | Hero 2 | Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Nature, earn income, Lvl 4, DC19: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 4.9 gp for the week

Nature, earn income, Lvl 4, DC19: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 2.1 gp for the 3 days

Scarred One works for Jala sorting the farms products. He does not mind the work, and he proves to be effective in it. "For me to become a farmer, who would have thought about it."

But it seems that he had a good eye for the grains and products made. Maybe this is how he always selected the right farms to loot, to feed his bands. Or maybe it had nothing to do with it.

====================

When he heard about the nightmares from Sendoski he looked worried

"Do you think it is serious? Human kids have nightmares, this apparently is part of their growth. When I was a kid, another young one went to his parents saying that he had a nightmare, he was chasing a caravan of priests and they would always escape his attempts to loot them. His parents made him run during the night and made him the fastest warrior in my clan. He never complained about nightmares" Scarred One shares another story from his childhood.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Duskwalker Champion (Redeemer) 5 | 20' | HP: 86/86 | AC: 25 (26 with Shld) | Perc: +10 (T; Darkvision) | F: +12 R: +8 W: +12 | Exploration: Scout | Marshal Aura: 10' status vs Fear | LoH used: 0/1 | Status: Marshal Aura 10' | Hero Points: 1

Yan attempts to down some of these drinks as the Crow.

Fort (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 I believe this is 5.60 GP at TL 4 Expert

Then he dances with the Caydenite!

Performance (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

… knocking over drinks with his silk dancing scarf! Those hidden blades, even when retractsed, are heavy.

He keeps an eye on Sendoski, watching for signs of corrupting influences. After all Nhimbaloth is in insidious power… and so are black cats.

Say, could I borrow Whispering Reeds some time?

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Dream May Changeling Witch 6 | HP 49/49| AC 19/21 | F: +11 R: +9, W: +12| Perc: +10 | Focus Points: 3 | Speed 25ft | Spell DC: 21 | Active conditions: None

Sendoski shivers as he learns about the horrors below Gauntlight, a seemingly never ending pit of terrors, deeper and deeper, one beneath the other.

But from his shoulder, Naught tells Sendoski not to fear Gauntlight. "It is why you are here, it is where you will find your destiny. Surely you can feel the pull."

But Sendoski isn't so sure. "My doom more likely."

"Six of one, half dozen of another," says Naught.

"All I know," Sendoski says, "Is that this book will allow us to unlock the Gauntlight, which means one thing."

"You must begin the worship of Nhimbaloth," says Naught.

"What? No, were you not reading closely enough? It means we have to keep the book away from Yan. He'll destroy it before we can use it. He has no respect for books, and certainly not for Nhimbaloth."

The mere mention of Yan raises Naught's hackles.

Later, Sendoski laughs at Scarred Ones story, and agrees that nightmares can make one stronger, if you find a way.

Naught hisses when Yan asks to borrow Whispering Reeds, and Sendoski apologizes, saying it's already packed up for safekeeping.

"But I can tell you there's no romance in it. And besides, don't you have plenty to read now anyway?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Naught is definitely found sleeping several times on top of The Whispering Reeds


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Oorgatch can catch up in town when convenient, meanwhile...

---

Back in the dungeon there were some awful noises coming from the pit, peeking over the edge the spiral stairs do continue down out of sight, and the strange noises continue to echo up from below.


CG Male (he/his) Orc Eldritch Anatomist swashbuckler 6 | HP 59/76 | AC 24 (26 w/Parry)| Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 Darkvision | Speed 30ft (35' w/ Panache)| Hero Points 0/3, Inf Picks 5/5 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions: parry, panache

What are we doing with the whip?
Oorgatch spends the next three days finishing his Cat's Eye Elixirs. "There. About time I got them done. What next?"

Without much else to think about, he decides to start up another batch. "Useful stuff, and we face enough things that go invisible that it should help."

Four days to start
Crafting w/ Crafter's Eyepiece DC16: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17

Having it started, he continues to brew, but has to go down to the Otari market almost daily for supplies. While there, he takes some time to chat with Keeleno Lathenar, playing up how difficult it can be to be an adventurer if one is not properly provisioned, like his own team seems to be. He exaggerates the needs that he has, and asks Keeleno for advice as to what he should be bringing along, all the while trying to strike up a friendship.

Deception (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 Because he is over playing how under equipped they are

he makes another 2.7gp progress... 11.3 to go


CG Male (he/his) Orc Eldritch Anatomist swashbuckler 6 | HP 59/76 | AC 24 (26 w/Parry)| Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 Darkvision | Speed 30ft (35' w/ Panache)| Hero Points 0/3, Inf Picks 5/5 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions: parry, panache

Now..

"That doesn't sound good... let's not go there yet." Oorgatch followsn Sendoski to check out the door.

Horizon Hunters

NG Dream May Changeling Witch 6 | HP 49/49| AC 19/21 | F: +11 R: +9, W: +12| Perc: +10 | Focus Points: 3 | Speed 25ft | Spell DC: 21 | Active conditions: None
Sendoski Osprey wrote:

"I'm sure it's just the wind," Sendoski says, always eager to explore. "Let's check these other doors first."

Sendoski checks the door to the east(?).

Perception +8


NG (he/him) Scarred One (orc) Druid 6 | HP 84/84 | AC 23 (25 w shield) | F+13 R+12 W+14 | Perc+14 Darkvision | Stealth+2 | 25ft | Hero 2 | Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"Yeah, let us go through the door, and see what is there on this level."

Perception +13


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

The door is made of weighty wood, banded with iron and bears gouges as though some large violent beast tore through the door some time long ago.

Opening the door is not difficult but it is weighty enough that leaning into it helps. Other than your own light the 15 ft tall corridor ahead is dark. It bears neither particularly recent footprints or decade long dust piles but the walls do bear scars as though at some point battles took place here, or at least clumsy movers had a bad time.

3 doors lie ahead, one at the end of the nearly 60ft corridor, while two other doors branch off to the north and south.


Male Duskwalker Champion (Redeemer) 5 | 20' | HP: 86/86 | AC: 25 (26 with Shld) | Perc: +10 (T; Darkvision) | F: +12 R: +8 W: +12 | Exploration: Scout | Marshal Aura: 10' status vs Fear | LoH used: 0/1 | Status: Marshal Aura 10' | Hero Points: 1

Let's take the rightmost door.


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

GM Dice:
4d20 ⇒ (2, 15, 16, 18) = 51
Unlike the first door your opened on this floor this door appears locked.

It is also a heavy wooden door with iron banding. It does not appear trapped.


CG Male (he/his) Orc Eldritch Anatomist swashbuckler 6 | HP 59/76 | AC 24 (26 w/Parry)| Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 Darkvision | Speed 30ft (35' w/ Panache)| Hero Points 0/3, Inf Picks 5/5 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions: parry, panache

"Ok, I got this. Time to put Otari's picks to good use!"

lockpicking rolls:

I will roll until I have broken 3 picks or opened it.
Thievery: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Thievery: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Thievery: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Thievery: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Thievery: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Thievery: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Thievery: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Thievery: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
[ooc]Hopefully that does it.

Horizon Hunters

NG Dream May Changeling Witch 6 | HP 49/49| AC 19/21 | F: +11 R: +9, W: +12| Perc: +10 | Focus Points: 3 | Speed 25ft | Spell DC: 21 | Active conditions: None

As he watches Oorgatch work, Sendoski smiles remembering Otari.

"What an auspicious start."


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Oorgatch works on it for about a minute straight, some progress is made but it's clearly a particularly well made lock.
2 successes, no crit fails.

In the mean time the door behind you slowly closes, based on its weight when you opened it, it was likely just weighted to shut eventually.

Naught yawns.

more lock, more pick.:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Oorgatch continues working... working.... One pick breaks, then another.

Finally the lock pops open. Two bent and broken picks lie at Oorgatch's feet. Behind the door is a short hallways, beyond that is a room with well stocked with jars of preserved somethings, crates filled with bones wrapped in rags, and surgical tools.

Two armor stands flank a weapon rack to the south, but they bear only a pair of gnarled sticks in leather sheaths.

Magic is present here.


Male Duskwalker Champion (Redeemer) 5 | 20' | HP: 86/86 | AC: 25 (26 with Shld) | Perc: +10 (T; Darkvision) | F: +12 R: +8 W: +12 | Exploration: Scout | Marshal Aura: 10' status vs Fear | LoH used: 0/1 | Status: Marshal Aura 10' | Hero Points: 1

Yan begins to search for the treasure. Where is the magic coming from, Sendoski? When can you start to pinpoint it?


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

I always forget about how detect magic magic improves.

The two gnarled sticks are the most powerful magic, one is necromancy and the other conjuration.


CG Male (he/his) Orc Eldritch Anatomist swashbuckler 6 | HP 59/76 | AC 24 (26 w/Parry)| Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 Darkvision | Speed 30ft (35' w/ Panache)| Hero Points 0/3, Inf Picks 5/5 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions: parry, panache

Oorgatch packs away the broken picks. ”Gotta be more careful.”

He moves in, and takes a look, too, looking at the gnarled sticks. ”Are these magical,staves, or wands, or what?”


Otari | Intro | Calendar | Vaults |

Wands!

Heal (2) & Summon Animal (2)!

The shelves also contain several useful liquids: A moderate bestial mutagen, a moderate juggernaut mutagen, and a moderate quicksilver mutagen.

There are no other exits from the room.


Male Duskwalker Champion (Redeemer) 5 | 20' | HP: 86/86 | AC: 25 (26 with Shld) | Perc: +10 (T; Darkvision) | F: +12 R: +8 W: +12 | Exploration: Scout | Marshal Aura: 10' status vs Fear | LoH used: 0/1 | Status: Marshal Aura 10' | Hero Points: 1

This wand of Heal is good for you, Scarred One.

Added the items to the loot sheet.

Yan looks with distaste at the mutagens. Always too much drawback for me to getexcited about these.

Yan leads the way to the next doo when ready, and follows the Door Opening SOP.


CG Male (he/his) Orc Eldritch Anatomist swashbuckler 6 | HP 59/76 | AC 24 (26 w/Parry)| Fort +11; Ref +14; Will +12 | Perc: +12 Darkvision | Speed 30ft (35' w/ Panache)| Hero Points 0/3, Inf Picks 5/5 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions: parry, panache

”Both wands, right? I mean, we can always use a giant cockroach as a trapfinder if needed.

“And maybe I can reverse engineer those mutagens. ”

3,001 to 3,050 of 3,666 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pirate Vault Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.