[SFS/Farol] #1-16: Dreaming of the Future (low tier) (Inactive)

Game Master Farol

Map and images


51 to 100 of 290 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dataphiles

NG| Female|Featherlight Human|Roboticist |Technomancer 1|SP 5/5 |HP 9/9 |R 5/5| EAC 14|KAC 15| F +0; R+3; W+2| Perception +6; Low-Light Vision| Initiative +3| Technomancer's Spells | Lv.0 DC 14; At will | Lv.1 DC 15; 3/3 |

"Fine! Do it in the less civilized way possible then!" Spats the annoyed Technomancer as she heads into the battle.

Move:Mel moves 15 ft ending at Harmony's side and behind Laanok

Action: Cast Supercharge Weapon on Laanok's Doshko

"There! Now show them how we Starfinders do it! Adds a mischievous Mel after temporally boosting the traditional Vesk weapon making it way more powerful than it usually is.

Dataphiles

Female N android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15+4; KAC 16+4 (24 vs. Combat Maneuvers) | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | low-light vision; darkvision | AL Pistol charges: 12 | SA Pistol charges: 19| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: DEAD

Drawing her tactical baton (it's always smart to save pistol charges when you can), Twila-4 takes a swing at the surrounded thug's knee. "Sigh. Do we need him alive to talk?"

Tactical Baton (B): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mel - can you move your avatar on the map? or do you want me to move it?
@Twila-4 next to you there is no bad guy, the cartoon-like image with the green border is your buddy Scruffy, the other green circle is a robot (lying on its side). The enemy is a lizard-like lady and two looking like brothers thugs.

Dataphiles

NG| Female|Featherlight Human|Roboticist |Technomancer 1|SP 5/5 |HP 9/9 |R 5/5| EAC 14|KAC 15| F +0; R+3; W+2| Perception +6; Low-Light Vision| Initiative +3| Technomancer's Spells | Lv.0 DC 14; At will | Lv.1 DC 15; 3/3 |
GM Farol wrote:

Mel - can you move your avatar on the map? or do you want me to move it?

yes please x.x

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15+4; KAC 16+4 (24 vs. Combat Maneuvers) | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | low-light vision; darkvision | AL Pistol charges: 12 | SA Pistol charges: 19| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: DEAD
GM Farol wrote:


@Twila-4 next to you there is no bad guy, the cartoon-like image with the green border is your buddy Scruffy, the other green circle is a robot (lying on its side). The enemy is a lizard-like lady and two looking like brothers thugs. [/ooc]

D'oh! You said not to make our tokens round, so I assumed all the round ones were the bad guys. Retconning...

In a parallel universe, Twila-4 would've attacked her ally with her tactical baton, but in this one, she instead draws her pistol. With her unemotional drawl, she asks: "Sigh. Do we need them alive to talk?"

She then steps to the north, sinks down, and skitters off to the southeast, staying low and behind cover so the thugs can't easily track her location.


@Mel is moved
@Twila-4 - that was my eaxct intention ;) Unfortunatelly our pal Scruffy walks his own paths :D He decided to challenge your Perception skills

Mel moves closer and touches Laanok doshko which begins to hum with magic.

Twila-4 finds a safe place and takes out his weapons, while Harmony-6 keeps on distracting Merthinett.

Turn Tracker - Round 1 (Bolded can go)

Harmony-6

Merthinett -6 flat-footed

Scruffy
Scruffy drone (fallen in combat - inactive)
Tik

Verthani Blue -3
Verthani Orange

Twila-4
Laanok
Mel

Waiting for Laanok. Your doshko is supercharged till the end of next turn for 1 attack.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Brakim Mechanic 4 KAC:15 EAC:14 init:+6 perception:+5 [i][/i]; SP: 28/28 HP: 30/30 RP: 3/4 Fort:+4; Ref:+5;Will+0

my mistake. I missed the part about not making round tokens. I'll replace it before next combat.


Scruffy the Janitor wrote:
my mistake. I missed the part about not making round tokens. I'll replace it before the next combat.

No worries mate, I will not let your allies to bash you at your head simply because you made a round token :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vesk Soldier 1| HP 13/13| SP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +1 | Perc +1| KAC 14| EAC 17 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +2

Laanok fires a bolt of energy from his plasma rifle at Merthinett
but with better aim than his new enemy.
Attack : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage : 1d10 ⇒ 9


Laanok ignores his supercharged doshko and takes out his plasma rifle which he uses to hit Merthinett.

The ikeshti takes out a shock grenade and throws it between starfinders.

Shock grenade: 1d8 ⇒ 7 Auto success on throw. The blow captures Tik, Scruffy, Laanok, Mel, Harmony-6. Reflex Save DC10 for half damage. Intersection where the grenade was thrown indicated with red cross.

The grenade explodes electrocuting most of the agents.

Turn Tracker - Round 2 (Bolded can go)

Harmony-6 -7 E, Reflex Save DC10 for half

Merthinett -15 flat-footed

Scruffy -7 E, Reflex Save DC10 for half
Scruffy drone (fallen in combat - inactive)
Tik -7 E, Reflex Save DC10 for half

Verthani Blue -3
Verthani Orange

Twila-4
Laanok -7 E, Reflex Save DC10 for half
Mel -7 E, Reflex Save DC10 for half

Exo-Guardians

|SP 18/18|HP 20/20|RP 5/5|EAC 15; KAC 16|Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +4|Init +6|Perc +9, SM: +5 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

DC 10 Reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Tik's training and agility enable him to dodge the shock field. He has evasion, so I think he takes no damage.

Then he shoots again at the blue verthani.

Stealth check for trick attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Pulsecaster pistol vs. EAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Nonlethal electrical damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male Brakim Mechanic 4 KAC:15 EAC:14 init:+6 perception:+5 [i][/i]; SP: 28/28 HP: 30/30 RP: 3/4 Fort:+4; Ref:+5;Will+0

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Scruffy tries to avoid the shocking field, and fires his liquifier caroject pistol at Merthinet.
KAC?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
acid damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Tik, with grace known to Ysokis, dodges the whole blast of the grenade and takes an accurate shot against one of the thugs.

Scruffy attempts the same but the electrocution that he suffered must have impacted his aim.

Tik hits, Scruffy misses

The Verthanis run forwards and one attacks Tik...

Attack@Tik vs KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage, bludgeoning: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

And misses, his glove flies above Ysoki's head.

While the other attacks Laanok...

Attack@Laanok vs KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage, bludgeoning: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

And also misses.

Turn Tracker - Round 2 (Bolded can go)

Harmony-6 -7 E, Reflex Save DC10 for half

Merthinett -15 flat-footed

Scruffy -7 (SP 0/7, HP 12/12)
Scruffy drone (fallen in combat - inactive)
Tik

Verthani Blue -7
Verthani Orange

Twila-4
Laanok -7 E, Reflex Save DC10 for half, doshko supercharged till the end of round
Mel -7 E, Reflex Save DC10 for half

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG| Female|Featherlight Human|Roboticist |Technomancer 1|SP 5/5 |HP 9/9 |R 5/5| EAC 14|KAC 15| F +0; R+3; W+2| Perception +6; Low-Light Vision| Initiative +3| Technomancer's Spells | Lv.0 DC 14; At will | Lv.1 DC 15; 3/3 |

Reflex Save; DC10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Despite her best efforts the human can't take cover or otherwise avoid the effects of the blast taking it's full damage.

"Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! That was really mean!" Yells a now angry Mel as she begins to device a plan to retaliate.

Move: Mel moves 15 ft to her left and then 5 ft more to the north ending at Scruffy's side with Tik just in her reach

Action:Cast Supercharge Weapon on Scruffy Pulsecaster Pistol!

"That may not kill them but surely will send them to a world of pain! Make them pay guys!" Commands the Technomancer as she now wants to see those verthani and their lizard of a boss pay for what they have done.

Dataphiles

Female N android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15+4; KAC 16+4 (24 vs. Combat Maneuvers) | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | low-light vision; darkvision | AL Pistol charges: 12 | SA Pistol charges: 19| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: DEAD

<Sigh> I'd rather watch those thugs die than my own team. Sneaking a little further, Twila-4 moves into position before firing her pistol at the yellow-clothed thug.

Stealth for trick attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
DC = 20 + target's CR

Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage (F): 1d4 ⇒ 2

If Trick Attack hits:
Additional damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Exo-Guardians

|SP 18/18|HP 20/20|RP 5/5|EAC 15; KAC 16|Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +4|Init +6|Perc +9, SM: +5 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

T| draws his survival knife and cuts at the verthani attacking him.

Slash vs. KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Slashing damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Acquisitives

F Android (Companion) Envoy 1|SP 6/6|HP 10/10|RP 4/4|Init +7|Perc +4|KAC 15|EAC 14|Fort 0|Ref 5|Will 2

Reflex v DC10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Mel moves behind her allies and supercharges Scruffys weapon.

Tik stabs the thug with his knife who yells in pain. He barely stands but keeps standing.

Twila-4 sneaks and flanks the enemy taking a shoot to not expecting that enemy.

Tik hits, Twila-4 gets a trick attack and a hit. Well done! Sorry Harmony-6 you may go as well.

Turn Tracker - Round 2 (Bolded can go)

Harmony-6 -3 (SP 3/6)

Merthinett -15 flat-footed

Scruffy -7 (SP 0/7, HP 12/12) pistol supercharged till the end of round 3.
Scruffy drone (fallen in combat - inactive)
Tik

Verthani Blue -10
Verthani Orange -4

Twila-4
Laanok -7 E, Reflex Save DC10 for half, doshko supercharged till the end of round 2
Mel -7 (SP 0/5, HP 7/9)

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Android (Companion) Envoy 1|SP 6/6|HP 10/10|RP 4/4|Init +7|Perc +4|KAC 15|EAC 14|Fort 0|Ref 5|Will 2

"I think our vesk is bigger!"

Clever Feint v Merthinett: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 10 + (3) = 18 v DC 15+1.5×CR. Flat-footed to allies attacks if success, just mine if fail.


Botting Laanok as it was 24 hours, and we are just waiting for him.

Laanok drops his rifle and takes out his doshko. The weapon is still buzzing with power as the Vesk brings the weapon down to hit the thug.

Attack@orange vs KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage, supercharged weapon: 1d12 + 3 + 4d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (6, 3, 6, 4) = 28.

The weapon misses completely as Laanok drives the blade into the street. You could only imagine what it would be if that hit.

That is unfortunate :(


Laanok reflex save, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Merthinett drops her rifle and moving forwards draws a long pike. Using the superior reach of her weapon she stabs the Vesk
Attack@Laanok vs KAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage, piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The pike strikes through Laanoks armor.

Harmony-6 feint worked again on the ikeshti who decided to check if bigger ment better.

Turn Tracker - Round 3 (Bolded can go)

Harmony-6 -3 (SP 3/6)

Merthinett -15 flat-footed

Scruffy -7 (SP 0/7, HP 12/12) pistol supercharged till the end of round 3.
Scruffy drone (fallen in combat - inactive)
Tik

Verthani Blue -10
Verthani Orange -4

Twila-4
Laanok -18 (SP 1/19)
Mel -7 (SP 0/5, HP 7/9)

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male Brakim Mechanic 4 KAC:15 EAC:14 init:+6 perception:+5 [i][/i]; SP: 28/28 HP: 30/30 RP: 3/4 Fort:+4; Ref:+5;Will+0

Scruffy fires his liquidator caustoject pistol at the ikeshti
attack vs EAC?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
suparcharged Acid: 1d4 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + (1, 3, 4, 6) = 15
ok after rereading the weapon i think it is EAC since i am not using a syringe and it only deals acid damage. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male Brakim Mechanic 4 KAC:15 EAC:14 init:+6 perception:+5 [i][/i]; SP: 28/28 HP: 30/30 RP: 3/4 Fort:+4; Ref:+5;Will+0

Maybe you ougta just give us the datapad you stole?"

Exo-Guardians

|SP 18/18|HP 20/20|RP 5/5|EAC 15; KAC 16|Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +4|Init +6|Perc +9, SM: +5 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

Tik can't manage to hit the verthani with his followup attack.

Stealth check for trick attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Knifing blue, vs. KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Tik does not fool the thug, his stab is easily blocked by him, but then...

Scruffy fires his pistol, the acid dart is accompanied by an electrocution discharge of significant size. It scratches Merthinett armor just barely but it looks like enough to spin her around and crush her into the wall nearby.

Verthanis take a step back with their hands raised.

"Hey, she was paying us, we have no interest in fighting you. Over there is where Merthinett kept her valuables, it is yours." they retreat to safety Do you let them be? Or continue fighting?

In the safety box, you can find a few items of low quality and a datapad with a red sticker on it. When analyzing its content you spot a recording from security cameras showing an Android getting to work and being there through the day. Really boring and uneventful video.

I will wait for you to take a decision if you want to let Verthanis go or not, and move you forwards then.

Scruffy yeah your pistol targets EAC. Good job all! the first fight could be behind you!

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15+4; KAC 16+4 (24 vs. Combat Maneuvers) | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | low-light vision; darkvision | AL Pistol charges: 12 | SA Pistol charges: 19| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: DEAD

Calculations fly rapidly through Twila-4's synapses. I WANT DEATH! But if I gain a reputation as a merciless killer, that may make others more difficult to deal with. Keep an eye on the goal. I'll probably need to get close to kill some of them. They're more likely to underestimate me if I have a merciful reputation. Patience. More death will come.

Of course, all anyone else sees is a second's hesitation before Twila-4 lowers her weapon. She keeps an eye on the verthanis as they flee, and stands watch while her team raids the stash.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
"CONSTANT VIGILANCE!"

If anything's coming, she's too lost in thought to notice.

Acquisitives

F Android (Companion) Envoy 1|SP 6/6|HP 10/10|RP 4/4|Init +7|Perc +4|KAC 15|EAC 14|Fort 0|Ref 5|Will 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (5) = 9 Feel like they're lying about what's there?

"Yes...I think it would be best if you left, quickly. Though if we find out you've kept anything from us, well, I'd expect we'll see each other again soon." Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Brakim Mechanic 4 KAC:15 EAC:14 init:+6 perception:+5 [i][/i]; SP: 28/28 HP: 30/30 RP: 3/4 Fort:+4; Ref:+5;Will+0
GM Farol wrote:

Tik does not fool the thug, his stab is easily blocked by him, but then...

Scruffy fires his pistol, the acid dart is accompanied by an electrocution discharge of significant size. It scratches Merthinett armor just barely but it looks like enough to spin her around and crush her into the wall nearby.

Verthanis take a step back with their hands raised.

"Hey, she was paying us, we have no interest in fighting you. Over there is where Merthinett kept her valuables, it is yours." they retreat to safety Do you let them be? Or continue fighting?

In the safety box, you can find a few items of low quality and a datapad with a red sticker on it. When analyzing its content you spot a recording from security cameras showing an Android getting to work and being there through the day. Really boring and uneventful video.

I will wait for you to take a decision if you want to let Verthanis go or not, and move you forwards then.

Scruffy yeah your pistol targets EAC. Good job all! the first fight could be behind you!

yeah it's just a little weird because you CAN put injector rounds in it, but it fires some fine stream of chemicals normally

"*sniff* Scruffy just wants to get the job done and fix his drone."

Exo-Guardians

|SP 18/18|HP 20/20|RP 5/5|EAC 15; KAC 16|Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +4|Init +6|Perc +9, SM: +5 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

"I'm fine with letting them go." The ysoki will still keep a close eye on the verthani until they've gone.

Wayfinders

Vesk Soldier 2| HP 20/20| SP 19/19 | RP 4/4 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +1 | Perc +2| KAC 14| EAC 17 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +2

Laanok digs through the scrap, as the saying says, one persons trash is another’s treasure.

Perception : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

sorry I couldn’t post yesterday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Scruffy is able to bring the power back to his droid in hope that he will have some time, later on, to fix him properly.

You let the thugs leave and with the datapad recovered you meet with Lerecti at the designated spot. The android is very happy with your success and gives you the sandstone tablet. The artifact feels old but is in good shape. The carvings are clearly visible.

"Wow, you look like you smashed into a truck!"

Lerecti continues

"Thank you so much, with those proofs my chances of proving my innocence raise substantially. I wish you all the best, I am not sure what do you need this tablet for, but I took this one from Karelite
Bogdin on Verces. He had a second one but it was undergoing some analysis and I was not able to get it. Don't cross his path, he is a very dangerous person."
Lerecti fares you well and leaves.

After contacting Venture-Captain Arvin he congratulates you and sends you an address of a good restaurant. He assures you that the ship Loreseeker was sent to you and should arrive at Aballon the next day.

After a relaxing evening and a good night's sleep, you come to docking bay 31 where a Lorseeker is awaiting you. From the ship comes out a 5 feet tall dwarf speaking with a robot.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Dwarf Technomancer 3 Stats: SP 19/19 ; HP 21/21 ; RP 3/4 | Perc' +0 ; Init' +3 ; Speed 25 ft. | EAC 14 ; KAC 15 | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +4 ; Will +3

"Hey, we made a wager on how fast your droid can replace the hull plate. My guesses were more accurate. You owe me 10 credits." The dwarf turns her head towards you, her bright colored hair highlights a few earrings and nosering that she wears. A triune symbol tattooed on her neck is clearly visible.

She stops speaking with the robot and says to you.

"The ship is all yours! Arvin sends his best. I made some software changes as the last team messed this ship up. Do some more diagnostics before the shooting starts. It is a Loreseeker, the rumor has it whenever it leaves a docking bay a spaceflight is around the asteroid."

The dwarf passes take her belongings and let you board into the ship and fly away.

That ends the first quest. Congratulations!

This is my PC that will get chronicle for my involvement in this.


The Loreseeker, one of the Starfinder Society's most prestigious exploration vessels, makes its way out of Aballom. The ship gracefully weaves through the light traffic of spacefaring vessels. Aside from a near-miss with an impatient kasathan transport, the trip out of the planet's orbit is uneventful. Once at a safe distance, the Loreseeker speeds up for a full-burn towards the nearby Diaspora asteroid field.

You listen to the message sent to you by Arvin

"Take a look at the report from the second dream. After discussing the matter with the Silverbrew clan they offered one of the tablets as a price for helping them regain control over the mining facility. It was an assault by space pirates. The travel time there should give you plenty of opportunities to get accustomed to the ship. Good luck Starfinders!" you can see a message of the dream and the information provided on the computer screen.
Pleae read the handout 2 on slide 6

It takes you 4 days to reach the asteroid field. The mining facility is inactive and surrounded by a field of varying-sized asteroids. Thankfully, the rocks are in a relatively stable orbit, making the approach simple enough to not require a Piloting check. The facility rests atop a particularly large asteroid, and the telltale yellow hazard striping of dwarven architecture can be seen from cursory visual scans.

The entire space around the complex appears to be completely abandoned. You can use the ship's sensors to scan the surroundings.

You can do the computer check to scan. The PC with the highest modifier will be the one attempting the check the rest may aid.

Exo-Guardians

|SP 18/18|HP 20/20|RP 5/5|EAC 15; KAC 16|Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +4|Init +6|Perc +9, SM: +5 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

Tik takes the dwarf's hint and makes sure that the gunnery console is set for his small frame. He runs through a few drills just to make sure the layout works.

Computers check to Aid Another: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Acquisitives

F Android (Companion) Envoy 1|SP 6/6|HP 10/10|RP 4/4|Init +7|Perc +4|KAC 15|EAC 14|Fort 0|Ref 5|Will 2

Harmony gets a feel of the ship before settling into the captain's console. Overlooking the bridge, she nods and adds "Comfy chair...should get one for my office back on station!"

When they reach the complex, she punches in a few commands to send processing power to the scanners. Computers(Aid): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Exo-Guardians

|SP 18/18|HP 20/20|RP 5/5|EAC 15; KAC 16|Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +4|Init +6|Perc +9, SM: +5 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

"Hey, is there a recharging station on this tub?"

Dataphiles

Female N android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15+4; KAC 16+4 (24 vs. Combat Maneuvers) | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | low-light vision; darkvision | AL Pistol charges: 12 | SA Pistol charges: 19| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: DEAD
Makal wrote:
Do some more diagnostics before the shooting starts.

Twila-4 gives the dwarf an indifferent nod and heads onboard to begin the pre-flight checklist and the recommended diagnostics.

Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Looks like Mel has the highest Computers modifier.

Twila-4's face remains stuck in its customary dull expression, but her eyes flick across the screens worriedly. "It's too quiet. I know space pirates. Look for an ambush. <sigh>" She checks the sensors to try to determine where the most likely spot for an ambush would be. That's where they're hiding. Either that, or the second most likely spot.

Computers to aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Dataphiles

NG| Female|Featherlight Human|Roboticist |Technomancer 1|SP 5/5 |HP 9/9 |R 5/5| EAC 14|KAC 15| F +0; R+3; W+2| Perception +6; Low-Light Vision| Initiative +3| Technomancer's Spells | Lv.0 DC 14; At will | Lv.1 DC 15; 3/3 |

"let me take a closer look with the scanners... Why..? Oh yeah! Scanning! Says a half distracted Mel before getting back at working with the ship's computers.

Computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


With a little help from her friends, Mel was able to scan the asteroid field. She detects multiple power signatures. One that is most certainly a ship but there are few others somewhere hidden within the asteroids.

As soon as Mel conducts the initial scan, a slim, dagger-like vessel emerges from a hiding spot between two particularly large asteroid clusters, its olive-colored hull showing signs of recent and incomplete repairs. It approaches at a slow, cautious speed.

The hologram of a ysoki dressed in fine clothes and gaudy jewelry appears in the Loreseeker’s bridge, a wide grin on his face.

"You’ve come a long way, travelers. You can call me Mr. Smiles. I’m everyone’s best friend around these parts."

The ysoki, Mr. Smiles, looks off to the side, nodding at some unheard comment.

"Of course. Crank, Stock, Shell, Shuffle, and Breach all say hi. So, what can Her humble grandchildren do for you?"

Mr. Smiles stops speaking for a moment but then says

"Do I see Ysoki there in your ship. Tell me brother, what is your name? Would you want to join us?"

Mysticism DC12:

You recognize 'Her humble grandchildren' as a saying sometimes used by followers of Lao Suo Po, a neutral evil goddess of assassins, rats, and thieves.

Given more time you could attempt one of the two computer scans: scan the ship (River Rat - tier 1 ship => DC7, for every 5 that you pass the test you get additional information) or scan the asteroids (DC15) that showed the power signatures.
To distract Mr.Smiles from noticing what you are doing and possibly interfering you need to make Bluff, Diplomacy, or Mysticism check DC12. If you succeed the check by more than a 5 you can attempt both computer checks above.

And don't forget about the bonus that your ship gives. THe Loreseeker stats are on slide 7 in the presentation. There is a +2 bonus to every computer check and +1 bonus to piloting.

So two rolls need to take place: one for distraction and for scanning. Every PC can choose which one will they roll or aid. PC doing the computer scan needs to declare which target they want to scan first.

Exo-Guardians

|SP 18/18|HP 20/20|RP 5/5|EAC 15; KAC 16|Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +4|Init +6|Perc +9, SM: +5 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

Mysticism check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Still a few gaps in his training....

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Android (Companion) Envoy 1|SP 6/6|HP 10/10|RP 4/4|Init +7|Perc +4|KAC 15|EAC 14|Fort 0|Ref 5|Will 2

Distraction time! "Hello friends! I'm sorry I'm new to being a captain and I think I got us lost out here...Which way to Absalom Station? We thought we might have been close already?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 10 + (2) = 18 All those bonuses and I still tried to roll poorly...haha

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male Brakim Mechanic 4 KAC:15 EAC:14 init:+6 perception:+5 [i][/i]; SP: 28/28 HP: 30/30 RP: 3/4 Fort:+4; Ref:+5;Will+0

mysticism: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dataphiles

NG| Female|Featherlight Human|Roboticist |Technomancer 1|SP 5/5 |HP 9/9 |R 5/5| EAC 14|KAC 15| F +0; R+3; W+2| Perception +6; Low-Light Vision| Initiative +3| Technomancer's Spells | Lv.0 DC 14; At will | Lv.1 DC 15; 3/3 |

Mysticism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Mel immediately realizes that what Mr smiles just said is actually a saying of worshippers of Lao Shu Po and informs it to her fellow agents.

"They might be thieves or assassins! Or both! Oh dear Triune why we always run into these sort of unreasonable people" adds the Technomancer.

I guess that now everyone can open the spoiler right?

After that she frantically starts to scan the other ship, she grow up in the Diaspora so she know that these guys are pirates or worse.

Computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Not sure about the bonus I get from the ship's computers

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
|SP 18/18|HP 20/20|RP 5/5|EAC 15; KAC 16|Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +4|Init +6|Perc +9, SM: +5 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

Mel, it's +2 to Computers.

"No, I like where I am."

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15+4; KAC 16+4 (24 vs. Combat Maneuvers) | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | low-light vision; darkvision | AL Pistol charges: 12 | SA Pistol charges: 19| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: DEAD
Harmony-6 wrote:
"Hello friends! I'm sorry I'm new to being a captain and I think I got us lost out here...Which way to Absalom Station? We thought we might have been close already?"

Not bad. Needs some backup, though. Twila-4 puts a slight whining tone into her voice and mutters: "Sorry, Captain. I could swear I had the coordinates entered correctly."

Bluff to aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Wayfinders

Vesk Soldier 2| HP 20/20| SP 19/19 | RP 4/4 | Speed 20 ft. | Init +1 | Perc +2| KAC 14| EAC 17 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +2

Laanok hurries down to a gun turret, mumbling under his breath ” Mr smiles huh. He won’t be smiling for long.“

He turns on his comm unit so he can hear what’s going on.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

With Harmony-6 and Twila-4 bluff, Mel had plenty of time to do the scan.

Mr.Smiles was puzzled by your question

"Which way to Absalom Station? And why would you want to go there? Tell you what, how about we board your ship and set the coordinates for you?" says Mr.Smiles, smiling along the way.

Mel learns that the enemy ship has only a turret in terms of weapons, but besides that is only slightly worse than Loreseeker.

With Mr.Smile rambling Mel might have time to run another computer scan against the power signatures present somewhere in the asteroid field.

Soon Mr.Smiles stops speaking and looks at Harmony-6

"Ok, chaps. I enjoyed our conversation as everyone, but we have some business to attend to here. It is better for you to flee or we will attack you."

Initiative, River Rat: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Initiative, Loreseeker: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 = 27

With that River, Rat jumped to action...

River Rat move has been made. I will be doing the initiative rolls to determine who moves first. Please remember to do the rolls within spoilers.
@Twila-4 please mark with a line on the map how did you move the ship. I will delete the lines after each round.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male Brakim Mechanic 4 KAC:15 EAC:14 init:+6 perception:+5 [i][/i]; SP: 28/28 HP: 30/30 RP: 3/4 Fort:+4; Ref:+5;Will+0

power to engines:
engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Dataphiles

Female N android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15+4; KAC 16+4 (24 vs. Combat Maneuvers) | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | low-light vision; darkvision | AL Pistol charges: 12 | SA Pistol charges: 19| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: DEAD

Only a turret gun, and they're challenging us?! "Mel: find the other ships! Laanok: turret gun!" Knowing better than to head deeper into the asteroid field lest she end up getting the Lorespeaker surrounded, Twila-4 maneuvers the ship around to minimize that likelihood and provide for a quick getaway if it looks like they're massively outgunned.

Spoiler:
No skill check needed to fly and turn normally.

Exo-Guardians

|SP 18/18|HP 20/20|RP 5/5|EAC 15; KAC 16|Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +4|Init +6|Perc +9, SM: +5 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

"I'm taking computer support for targeting!" T| lines up the coilgun on the enemy and fires.

Attack, incl. +1 from ship: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12

Damage, if applicable: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 4) = 8

51 to 100 of 290 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / Farol] #1-16: Dreaming of the Future (low tier) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.