Kingmaker

Game Master Rackal28

Roll20
Kingdom Spreadsheet
Kingdom Building Rules
Friday 11th of Erastus - 9 PM
70 F
25% Humidity
Light Air 1 mph South South-Western

Oleg's Trading Post
Loot Sheet


3,101 to 3,150 of 3,196 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

Female Elf Magus (Hexcrafter, Puppetmaster) 5 HP 36/36 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +4| Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool: 6/6 points

Awkward. Messy. A problem for just a bit later, Lina thinks, as Brental takes the chief’s head. She lets go of the control of the shadows she’s conjured and cajoled, and they slither back to normal in silence as the wisp works itself up to a paroxysm of fury and her friends move to surround it.

Her mind races. The damned thing effortlessly shook off her blast of fire, it seems, and her hex almost as easily… As she considers and rejects most of her remaining spells, she remembers some of the other tools of the trade their erstwhile wizard companion had handed down before resuming his own wanderings.

Her free hand drops to draw one of the wands tucked alongside her sword-scabbard. The slender length of crystal flares as she calls out the word to wake its magic, and sparks out three fat stars of energy that streak unerringly at the wisp.

Magic missile, CL 5: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) + 3 = 12 points of force damage.


Male Neutral Human (Taldan/Kellid) Cavalier (Hooded Knight) 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 after feinting), Touch 12 (13 after feinting), Flat-Footed 19 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (-1 vs. fire effects) | Initiative +6 (+8 on roads) | Perception +1 (+3 on roads) | Speed 20 ft. (50 ft. on horseback) | Challenge 2/2 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active Conditions: Knave's Standard

Meneas growls his frustrations as the last of Lina's magic fades from him. Taking advantage of Brental's threatening presence on the far side of the wisp, he lashes out again, but despite their mutual efforts, he cannot land a hit on the creature.
Dueling Sword vs. Wisp, flanking, aid another: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 19 Okay, come on. That's the third attack in a row that hasn't broken 10 with its roll. Yeesh.


Female Human Player/DM

Fire, obsidian, arrows, and magic rip through the frightful image of the wisp in succession, each pulling more and more of its essence away from it as the creature is pummeled from all sides.

The lizards gape in awe and hesitation around the ring of combat that has formed glancing between Brental, Kimeera, the wisp, and the headless body of their chieftain splayed out on the floor.

"No, no. no, NO! I shall not die! Not like this! I'll be back, all return with others and we shall BURN your pathetic nation to the ground! And I will feast on the fear of your women and your children and the breath their last miserable breaths!" The wisp rants as its flickering and sputtering form makes for the exit at full speed.

"No!" The lizard shaman shrieks in enraged draconic as the wisp tries to make it past her and snaps her jaws at its retreating form. "Do not let the false idol escape!"

AoO Kimeera Bite at Wisp: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

AoO from Brental, Meneas, and Vod!


Male Neutral Human (Taldan/Kellid) Cavalier (Hooded Knight) 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 after feinting), Touch 12 (13 after feinting), Flat-Footed 19 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (-1 vs. fire effects) | Initiative +6 (+8 on roads) | Perception +1 (+3 on roads) | Speed 20 ft. (50 ft. on horseback) | Challenge 2/2 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active Conditions: Knave's Standard

AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 For the love of...

Meneas swings at the wisp with a vicious strike, but still cannot manage to land a hit on the floating ball of light.


Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar (Lawbringer) Green Faith Initiate (Druid) 5 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 CMB +6 CMD 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs fey/plant) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2; DV 60 ft; Per +8| Active: None || Vodnykel HP: 34/34 | Per +7, DV 60 ft, LLV, Scent | Spd 40 ft, Swim 20 ft | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 | CMD 18 | Fort + 5, Reflex +6, Will +2 | Init +2 | Active: None

From the ground, Vod tries to whip his tusks up, doing his best to skewer the fleeing creature.

Vod Gore AoO, Contagious Zeal, Prone: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 - 4 = 15
Dmg: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 13

While Brental spins his blade around, hoping to catch the fleeing pretender before it can escape. If he had anything to say about it, it would die here and now.

Brental Salamander vs Wisp, Flanking, Contagious Zeal: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 29
Slashing Dmg, CZ: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8
Fire Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Crit Dmg: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Female Human Player/DM

With a single fateful slice, Brental rips the retreating form of the wisp in twain and what scattered bits of its essence that remain are engulfed and consumed in the blade's flame.

The druid barely has time to register his deed before Kimeera's hands are upon him smudging the old chieftain's blood upon his cheeks like war paint. The shaman raises the druid's arms high up in the air and shouts to the stunned masses of lizardfolk before them.

Draconic:
"The pretender god and his false chieftain are dead! All hail the new chieftain! Lord Brental of the Nausicaa!"

In droves the lizards all drop to their knees and hiss draconic praises of the new chieftain and liberator as Kimeera appears to smirk... in what way she can, down at the aasimar with pride.

Draconic:
"You have done well to rid us of this plight Brental, in slaying the false chief and the pretender god you have earned the right to be called henceforth as chief of the Nausicaa."
he slaps him on the shoulder and hisses out a chuckle as three sets of arms begin to wrap themselves around Brental from behind as three rather more lithe and dainty lizardfolk appear from a tunnel deeper within the hut and drape themselves over him flicking their tongues playfully at the man.

Draconic:
"That is, of course, after the traditional rituals are enacted of course. You must make the chief's harem yours after all!"
She laughs slapping him on the back with her mighty tail.

Combat is over! You win! Huzzah!


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

Signy lowers her bow as she watches Brental become the recipient of all sorts of odd attention.

"What's this all about?" she asks.


Female Elf Magus (Hexcrafter, Puppetmaster) 5 HP 36/36 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +4| Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool: 6/6 points

Before Lina can even think to call upon her wand again as the will-o’-wisp tries to flee, Brental cuts it down in fury, and it takes another second for the brief moment of calm to register.

As Kimeera raises a cheer along with the champion’s arm, Lina quickly sheathes her weapons and hurries over to Meneas, calling upon kinder magic to soothe the shocks the brave cavalier has suffered in holding the line. CLW for Meneas: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

“Well done,” she says, knowing that she couldn’t have held out so long. Turning to address all her friends at once, the part of her that has spent too long with her sweetheart considers the advantages (and challenges) of – well, she would never actually dream of calling it vassals of vassals, but – only to catch the end of the shaman’s peroration.

“Savoured Sting bless you,” she says quietly from behind the crowd surrounding Brental, a blush rising to her cheek – and a grin to her lips.

The witch redirects her attention to Signy’s question. She summarizes, taking the opportunity to try out some of the more courtly language she gathers is suitable to her own position, “It seems that by besting the former chief, striking the final blow, and all that, that Brental accedes to the chieftainship. With all the benefits and perquisites belonging thereunto. Which apparently includes, um, the family, so to speak.”

Lina wonders what else the traditional rituals entail, if Kimeera will have time or inclination to chat about magic while Brental’s busy, and if that would be queenly, given that the poor missing boy will probably need quite a bit of support to relax even remotely, and – well, Lina means well, but she’s also the sort of witch given to cackling over poisonous concoctions.


Male Neutral Human (Taldan/Kellid) Cavalier (Hooded Knight) 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 after feinting), Touch 12 (13 after feinting), Flat-Footed 19 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (-1 vs. fire effects) | Initiative +6 (+8 on roads) | Perception +1 (+3 on roads) | Speed 20 ft. (50 ft. on horseback) | Challenge 2/2 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active Conditions: Knave's Standard

Once the wisp falls, Meneas coughs, rubbing a shock-burned flank. "Gods, that was a shameful display on my part. Apologies, I did little to display my skills." A flush of shame flows through him, and he shoves it away mentally.

"Thank you Lina." He says with sincerity that surprises him before turning to look at Kimeera in time for her announcement. A giggle bubbles up from within his hood. "I wonder if this will bring them into the Green Faith. Perhaps."

"But in time," he says, suddenly gloomy, "this way of life will... cease. And it will be our people who cause it." He shakes his head. "Such is the way of the settled folk."


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

Signy almost crumbles into hysterics after hearing Lina's explanation. She fights it though, thinking it might be really rude to start laughing. She diverts herself by taking up the chant, even if she can't say it in Draconic.

"All hail the new chieftain Brental!"


Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar (Lawbringer) Green Faith Initiate (Druid) 5 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 CMB +6 CMD 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs fey/plant) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2; DV 60 ft; Per +8| Active: None || Vodnykel HP: 34/34 | Per +7, DV 60 ft, LLV, Scent | Spd 40 ft, Swim 20 ft | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 | CMD 18 | Fort + 5, Reflex +6, Will +2 | Init +2 | Active: None

With blood pumping in his ears and spread on his face, along with iruxi beginning to wrap themselves around him, Brental holds his flaming blade aloft and looks at his...new subjects. There was little conscious thought in his mind right now, his body still coursing with adrenaline. He unleashes a veritable roar in response to the cheering and kneeling, his eyes blood red.

After a few moments, he reaches over to his great mastodon, who had taken a brutal beating during the fight, a surge of positive energy going from his hand to his longest companion.

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Chief Brental of the Nausicaa. That could be figured out later--what it meant, and how to work with Kimeera, who he certainly wanted to lead. For now, though, he did not want to bypass the "traditional rituals" or offend anyone. He sheathes his blade and turns to the harem he has apparently inherited, addressing them in Draconic. <"Then by all means, lead the way.">

Aaaand fade to black. Just going to drop a potentially relevant comic (which is absolutely SFW, just funny) from almost 2 years ago.

So yeah I'll let the party talk with Kimeera and rescue our quarry. No grand speeches, definitely not while he is still very much


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

After Brental has made his exit, Signy waits until Kimeera is receptive and then approaches her about Jeffery.

"We need to get the boy, where is he?"


Male Neutral Human (Taldan/Kellid) Cavalier (Hooded Knight) 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 after feinting), Touch 12 (13 after feinting), Flat-Footed 19 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (-1 vs. fire effects) | Initiative +6 (+8 on roads) | Perception +1 (+3 on roads) | Speed 20 ft. (50 ft. on horseback) | Challenge 2/2 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active Conditions: Knave's Standard

Ah. I'd forgotten about him. Meneas flexes his fingers, troubled. I wonder why...


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

Because Meneas is so busy thinking about flexing his fingers? :p But anyway it's Signy's role to take care of the little people, literally little in this case. She's the golden hearted one.


Female Human Player/DM

Kimeera watches with a proud grin as Brental is brought back into the private chambers away from prying eyes by the lizard king's harem when Signy brings her back to reality.

The lizardfolk shaman seems vexed, at first, by Signy's words cocking her head to the side like a bemused puppy but after some helpful interpretation from the others the shaman nods her head in understanding.

Draconic:
"Ah yes. The whelp. I had nearly forgotten. Come, follow me I shall lead you to him as I imagine our new chieftain will be busy for some time... Though I shall reserve judgement if not, such things are perfectly natural and we have herbs for that."
The lizard rambles as she brings the rest of the party to a large hut behind the others.

Within several large caimans hiss and snap ferociously at a small cage they surround and occasionally bite at eliciting either panicked yelps and tearful whimpers from a young human boy within.

Kimeera boldly hisses and kicks at the caimans to disperse the hungry beasts as she approaches the boy and unlocks the cage. The boy cries out in fear and resists for but a moment but Kimeera's ferocious strength soon gets the better of the child and she drags him out of the cage and past the crocodiles. Once they are a safe distance away she releases the boy who goes running straight to Signy and embraces her legs rubbing tears and freely flowing snot into the woman's pants as he whimpers.

"Wh-Whabs habbening?! Are you- Are you here to sabe me from da monsters? Please, dob't- don't let them take me b-b-back! I-I'll be a good boy! I-I promise!" Jeffery manages to chokes out through tears.


Male Neutral Human (Taldan/Kellid) Cavalier (Hooded Knight) 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 after feinting), Touch 12 (13 after feinting), Flat-Footed 19 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (-1 vs. fire effects) | Initiative +6 (+8 on roads) | Perception +1 (+3 on roads) | Speed 20 ft. (50 ft. on horseback) | Challenge 2/2 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active Conditions: Knave's Standard

Meneas approaches the boy. "Don't worry, lad. The lizardfolk aren't monsters. Just different, and now that the monster manipulating them is gone, they're not going to hurt you." The gentleness in his voice surprises him.


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

Signy picks the boy up to carry him out.

"You're Jeffery right? We came to find you, and now we're taking you back to town. You don't have to be afraid of anything anymore."

Diplomacy (to calm Jeffery): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Female Elf Magus (Hexcrafter, Puppetmaster) 5 HP 36/36 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +4| Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool: 6/6 points
Rackal28 wrote:

Kimeera watches with a proud grin as Brental is brought back into the private chambers away from prying eyes by the lizard king's harem when Signy brings her back to reality.

The lizardfolk shaman seems vexed, at first, by Signy's words cocking her head to the side like a bemused puppy but after some helpful interpretation from the others the shaman nods her head in understanding.

** spoiler omitted ** The lizard rambles as she brings the rest of the party to a large hut behind the others.

Lina fades into the background surprisingly happily. If one were inclined to be cynical about it, it’s at least partly something to do with veils and majesty, probably (“Pay no attention to the woman not behind the curtain!” as Edmund Burke definitely didn’t say. ;) ), that Meneas might perhaps be inclined to appreciate. Or, still worse, it’s just that she gets easily distracted as Kimeera leads them over to let Jeffery go, by a predictable subject.

Draconic:
<“Oh? Are those herbs more for gentlemen, or do you have some that work for everyone? I’m sure our healers would be very interested,”>
Lina asks, thinking of Nyska and anyone else who might be concerned with that sort of thing. She’s not really a medical woman herself, but Lina would be one of the first to tell you that you can do some marvellous things with plants, especially with a judicious alchemical twist. She decides she quite likes Kimeera, even if the shaman is a bit bluffer and heartier than she’s used to: the Nausicaa will do well with her as the chief’s strong right hand.

Rackal28 wrote:

Once they are a safe distance away she releases the boy who goes running straight to Signy and embraces her legs rubbing tears and freely flowing snot into the woman's pants as he whimpers.

"Wh-Whabs habbening?! Are you- Are you here to sabe me from da monsters? Please, dob't- don't let them take me b-b-back! I-I'll be a good boy! I-I promise!" Jeffery manages to chokes out through tears.

Lina’s musings are interrupted by Jeffery’s release, which she watches with the bemusement of someone who hasn’t much had to deal with small children for a very long time. They’re even trickier to handle than Vod or Veil, she imagines, and less likely to be mollified by apples.

“You’re among friends now, child,” she adds stiltedly, like someone who’s heard that one should take children seriously but has weird ideas about what that actually entails, as Signy scoops the boy up. “We’re still waiting for one of us, but let’s get you safely aboard, hm? We came by boat, and besides us there are a lot of brave sailors, and it’s quite comfortable. We’ll set sail before you know it, and you’ll be back home.”

She turns back to the Nausicaa shaman.

Draconic:
<“Thank you for your understanding and all your help, Kimeera,”> the witch offers. <“We’ll have to work out how Brental can divide his time between your lands and our own city – which we’ll happily open to you, of course! – but I’m sure he’ll be eager to work quite closely with you. And, as I said before, we would be happy to share lore with the Nausicaa, one shaman, and one tribe, to another.”>

It’s stretching several points, but the sniffier sort of mage would probably associate witchery more closely with shaman-work than wizardry, and while Helikia is rather a looser set of several tribes and interests, probably, isn’t papering over those sorts of gaps what diplomacy is all about?


Female Human Player/DM
Signy wrote:
"You're Jeffery right? We came to find you, and now we're taking you back to town. You don't have to be afraid of anything anymore."

The boy simply nods and cries gripping the woman tightly as she carries him out. "Th-They were gonna e-eab meeeeee!" He wails in response to Meneas' attempts at reasoning, dubious that the lizard people could mean anything but ill upon him after their protracted interaction.

Kimeera seems unperturbed by the cries of the child, however, and seems to happily make conversation with Lina.

Draconic:
"Oh the herbs I referred to are more for the gentlemen or anyone of similar anatomy I suppose. But that's not to say we have nothing for us females. You really must try some caiman gallbladder soup next time you find yourself wanting to 'get in the mood.' It's a well-known aphrodisiac to our people and I can tell you from personal experience it works like magic!"
The shaman lets out a hissing laugh and pulls the much slighter elven woman in for an arm-around-the-shoulder hug as they walk.

Draconic:
"I would be interested to hear of your ways of magic and will happily share my knowledge of the ancestors and how to manifest their power on this plane... As for our new chieftain we shall meet regularly... Whether he comes to us or I come to him though he will have to meet with his people at least twice a year... we perform certain rituals on the summer and winter solstice for which the chieftain's presence is required... I imagine Brental knows very little of ruling our people so I intend to guide him to make the best decisions... For the honor of our ancestors of course."
Kimeera goes on until they arrive at the boat and load up.

Some time later Brental emerges with a throng of lizardfolk at his heels. Whether they offer their spears in service, or homespun jewelry, or even vie for more of his time and affection as the harem seem to Brental has learned that the lizardfolk, while cold-blooded, could be quite warm and welcoming.

He also learned that lizardfolk love-bites hurt... A lot.

The druid makes his way onto the ship and the lizards wave them off as the ship slowly begins making its way back to the Helkia, to home.


Male Neutral Human (Taldan/Kellid) Cavalier (Hooded Knight) 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 after feinting), Touch 12 (13 after feinting), Flat-Footed 19 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (-1 vs. fire effects) | Initiative +6 (+8 on roads) | Perception +1 (+3 on roads) | Speed 20 ft. (50 ft. on horseback) | Challenge 2/2 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active Conditions: Knave's Standard

Meneas mentally shrugs. True enough. "There's no threat of that now, I promise." So long as you're alive, anyways. I wouldn't leave any corpses where they might find them, though. He suppresses a giggle at the thought.

The boat is a welcome sight. "Next time we go into potentially hostile territory," he growls, "I am riding Veil. Courtesy be damned. I'm godsdamned tired of fighting on foot."


Female Elf Magus (Hexcrafter, Puppetmaster) 5 HP 36/36 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +4| Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool: 6/6 points

Lina pays careful attention to what Kimeera says, not least about what will be expected of Brental, and wonders if she should see if Helikia’s budget will run to a commission to formally record not only her baseline assumptions based on elven law, such as it is, but the general custom of the River Kingdoms, the laws of the Sootscales, and now the Nausicaa. Some sort of thing to minimize the potential for conflict, though the idea of any attempts to settle a definitive system is really not something Lina’s interested in. The raw material, though, might be a suitable project for an inquiring kobold, if no other Draconic speakers are forthcoming.

In any case, once Jeffery is safely aboard, and, eventually, Brental, Lina visibly relaxes once the Nénuphar is away again. Her posture eases into something a bit less Lady Helikia and more humble herb-dealer on the river. (Albeit one on an extravagant boat.)

Meneas the Cowl wrote:
The boat is a welcome sight. "Next time we go into potentially hostile territory," he growls, "I am riding Veil. Courtesy be damned. I'm godsdamned tired of fighting on foot."

“It should be easier if we go squirreling – rather than haring, because trees, you know, not that squirrels ride either, I suppose – after Tiressia and her friend, next,” she says sympathetically. “Depending on what they need, hopefully we won’t be forced into a fight indoors.”

After a bit, she tries her somewhat awkward best to make sure the poor would-be adventurer has settled in as well as can be hoped, making sure the child has something to eat and, when his flagging strength gives out, even producing her fiddle to play a soothing tune to try to lull the boy to sleep. It’s been a long while since she had to do anything of the sort for her little sister, but Lina’s not completely hopeless.

Once Jeffery’s asleep, as the ship sails on and into the deepening night, evening sounds falling away into the dark, Lina gets a bit restless again, and spends some time pacing the deck. Hopefully they can find someone to look after the boy. Hopefully they don’t need to brave the island in the middle of Candlemere anytime soon, if there are any more wisps out there, given how much trouble this one was. Hopefully…

After another few circuits, Lina’s able to admit to herself that there’s something else on her mind. She’s grateful to her new friends, and what they’re building is something incredible, maybe, and she’s used to being on her own, but… Despite how formal it was, and how weird to go so briskly from battle to, well. It’s got her thinking about her own future – and then, too, thinking of alliances, Riftun mentioned something about Lady Jamandi being in a spot of bother – but again, in perhaps embarrassingly selfish terms… Eventually, the witch finds herself standing at the prow.

The ship cuts through the waves for another few minutes, and then Lina finds herself softly singing, fitting new words to an old, popular tune as she stares out towards where the river will open up into the lake that will then wrap back around where Limen is busily growing. It starts out in a way that even a fuddy-duddy like Jhod would find unexceptionable, but in Lina’s hands – given her particular inclinations in magic – it takes a decided turn.

Lightly adapted into something that's only a bit filk-y:
“Here's a health to you, bonny Tuskwater,
Where you'll get all the pleasures of life,
Where you'll get all the fishing and fowling,
And a bonny wee lass for your wife.

Oh, it's down where yon waters run muddy,
I'm afraid they will never run clear,
And it's when I begin for to study,
My mind is on them that's not here.

It's this one and that one they court her,
But if anyone gets her but me,
It's early and late I will curse them
That parted lovely Aly from me! …”
&c.

Lina! Play nice! … Welp, witches gonna witch, I guess, even when it’s all about the yearning. o.O ;)

Her gaze lingers in the direction of her new home long after her song ends, until every bonny wee lass that will have spells to prepare in the morning really needs to turn in for the last part of the voyage home.


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

Signy holds Jeffery as long as he wants, letting him loose if he calms down and wants to sit on his own.

After reaching town she volunteers to take Jeffery in while his situation is sorted out.

"Why don't you come along and stay with me in my room Jeffery? I'm up on the second floor of the inn and there's plenty of room and a good bed. We can have breakfast right downstairs in the morning."


Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar (Lawbringer) Green Faith Initiate (Druid) 5 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 CMB +6 CMD 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs fey/plant) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2; DV 60 ft; Per +8| Active: None || Vodnykel HP: 34/34 | Per +7, DV 60 ft, LLV, Scent | Spd 40 ft, Swim 20 ft | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 | CMD 18 | Fort + 5, Reflex +6, Will +2 | Init +2 | Active: None

The events[/i[ with the Nausicaa tribe had been [i]enlightening, to say the least, but Brental wasn't the type to kiss (or bite) and tell. He thanks Kimeera and promises that he will return before too long to discuss certain arrangements. He is especially glad that the others have safely collected Jeffery and that the boy is being released without any further fuss. His life had been purchased with four other lives--two sentient--though Brental had little sympathy for the dead manipulated king and the wisp that had been pulling his strings. Although he considers whether it's really a good idea, he does collect the dead chieftain's head, leaving the rest of his body for the Nausicaa to devour. As he had thought in the heat of the moment, he would mount the man's skull above his mantle. Gruesome, perhaps, but it would be one way of connecting him to his new tribe.

Brental is quiet on the return trip, standing on the port side and gazing out at the forest as they passed by the trees that he was increasingly inclined to think of his domain.


Female Human Player/DM

Jeffery takes some time to calm down but eventual whether it was through Signy's comforting, Lina's gentle tunes, or exhausting himself from crying so much, the boy passes out and is soon in a deep sleep, completely dead to the world around him.

-------

"Welcome back, welcome back everyone! I-I was worried you'd been gone for some time." Riftun greats the band enthusiastically upon their return offering a sweet smile and a tray of hot herbal tea to welcome them all home.

The bard becomes even more delighted when he witnesses a worse-for-wear but still very much alive Jeffery clumsily make his way to shore. "Jeffery! Oh goddess be praised you found him! Ohhh Zuki's been so so very worried about you Jeffery!" Riftun cries out for joy and hastily sets aside his tray of tea to clasp the child enthusiastically by the shoulders with a wide smile gracing his features.

The boy seems confused and a little startled at the bard's exuberance at first but perks up notably at the mention of Zuki. "Y-You say Miss Zuki's been looking for me?" The boy looks at the ground abashedly. "I wasn't a-able to f-find her any treasure th-though."

Riftun shakes his head and looks meaningfully into the boys eyes. "No, no I don't believe that's true at all. I daresay that upon your return Miss Zuki will be so happy to learn that her treasured customer has returned that she'll let you have as many cupcakes as you can eat! She may even whip you up something special."

Jeffery's eyes go wide as saucers at the mention of Zuki's delicious baked goods and it instantly becomes clear that he can barely contain his excitement. "R-Really mister?! A-As much as I can eat!?"

Riftun chuckles, "And more I'm sure! Now come, let me guide you back there personally. I'm sure Miss Zuki would turn me into a newt if I let you wander off again."

As the child giggles at the silly thought, Riftun raises to his feet and bows to the others gratefully. "Thank you dearly for this, you are truly heroes. I-I shall wish to hear more of your great adventures tonight after you've had some time to decompress. And besides I have more to tell you. We'll meet at the my place then, after sundown I trust? I-I'll have dinner ready and waiting for you all so do come hungry." The young man smiles and boys again before leading the child into town and back to Zuki's bakery.

-------

That night the party arrive at Riftun's humble home to the sight and smell of a veritable feast laid out on a table before them. Along with ale and wine there is savory, herb-encrusted rack of lamb, baked pheasant with rosemary and thyme, stuffed mushrooms, seared trout, fresh bread, and a fresh farmer's salad. In a moment Riftun emerges from the kitchen, flour staining his cheeks, in a delightful pink apron and with a lovely fresh baked pie with a familiar pale glow in his mitten-covered hands.

"O-Oh! Hello! Welcome! Y-You're early! Or, at least, I think you're early? I may have just lost track of time! B-But please sit anywhere. A-And do let me know if there's anything more I can get for you. As for the meal itself, well, I thought I'd try to encapsulate all the little bits that make up this little country you've all made. The pheasant is from our hunters heading into the Narlmarches. The lamb, bread, and salad are from our farms and ranches. The trout is fresh caught from the lake. Oh, the mushrooms actually come from the kobold's underground farms a-and I think that they're honestly my favorite. And the pie, you might be able to tell, is made with moonlight radishes harvested from the patch you discovered when you arrived." Riftun looks over all of his creations with pride as he describes the origins of each one then snaps himself out of it as he sets the pie on the table.

"A-Anyways. This is just my little way of giving back. Saying thank you for all that you do around here for not just me, but the people of this town -er country! I may not be able to go adventuring and saving the day like you all can but, at least I can make it feel like home when you return." Riftun nods sure of himself. "Go right ahead, dig in! We can discuss things once you've filled your bellies."

-------

After the meal, Riftun gathers all the plates off the table and brings them back to the kitchen to be washed then returns and takes a seat at the table with the others. "Well, now I suppose we should get to the matter at hand then... Lady Jamandi is in a bit of trouble... Tensions have... well... escalated in Brevoy between the Rostlanders and the Surtovas and it's even rumored that the Surtovas have begun employing bandits to cause harry travelers, impede caravans, and generally cause trouble for the Lady. Not that anyone would dare to publicly state as such in court."

Riftun sighs deeply. "The Lady is also under a great deal of scrutiny by the Surtova's specifically regarding the founding of our nation. The Surtovas accuse Lady Jamandi of using this land as a puppet state in order to make a play for the throne... As such... the Lady must... regrettably draw back her support of our land here... For now of course, until tensions die down. Of course, I shall be rmaining wih you in spite of everything though this requred Lady Jamandi publicly terminating my employement with her." The bard cringes a little at this clearly still feeling the sting of it. "But this is alright... We mustn't dwell on what we cannot change."

Riftun stands and smiles. "Here in Helikia things are going quite well a-and I thought it might be a good idea to use this time to galvanize the people! You could invent your own holiday! A celebration to bring your people together and solidify a national identity. The details of which would be up to you of course but I was hoping to work with you all to figure out what all we'd need to get started. I can handle all the logistics you just tell me what you need and I'll do some magic to make it happen."

The bard giggles with excitement.

"So? What kind of a festival are we thinking?"

KINGDOM EVENT: DC 13 Success = +4 Stability. One person can take the lead and roll a d20 plus your highest Ability modifier. The others can do the same in the aid another function.


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

What time of the year is it? If it's Fall or Winter, Signy can roll out some Caydenite holiday ideas.


Female Elf Magus (Hexcrafter, Puppetmaster) 5 HP 36/36 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +4| Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool: 6/6 points

Upon their return to Limen, and with Jeffery’s enthusiastic visit to Zuki, Lina hopes that the boy will bounce back fairly well from his misadventure, and she herself is very grateful for her people’s good hearts.

-------

More of that is certainly on display in the symbolic spread that Riftun’s prepared, and the witch sets to appreciatively. (She is particularly fond of the trout, and the moonlight tart, perhaps unsurprisingly.) She will not hear anything of Riftun’s self-deprecation, however.

Rackal28 wrote:
"A-Anyways. This is just my little way of giving back. Saying thank you for all that you do around here for not just me, but the people of this town -er country! I may not be able to go adventuring and saving the day like you all can but, at least I can make it feel like home when you return." Riftun nods sure of himself. " Go right ahead, dig in! We can discuss things once you've filled your bellies."

“Nonsense!” she says briskly, “You don’t have to brave the wilds to save the day. Keeping us abreast of what’s going on is a lifesaver, especially if we have to deal with Pitaxian pests like the one you warned us about, and what would we do without you as far as knowing to move in society?”

She sits up straighter and takes a more delicate hold of her fork, subconsciously assuming a more ladylike posture in her chief diplomat’s presence.

-------

Rackal28 wrote:

Riftun stands and smiles. " Here in Helikia things are going quite well a-and I thought it might be a good idea to use this time to galvanize the people! You could invent your own holiday! A celebration to bring your people together and solidify a national identity. The details of which would be up to you of course but I was hoping to work with you all to figure out what all we'd need to get started. I can handle all the logistics you just tell me what you need and I'll do some magic to make it happen."

The bard giggles with excitement.
"So? What kind of a festival are we thinking?"

“Puppet?!” Lina asks rhetorically, scandalized, over the last of her wine as Riftun brings up the latest news and his ideas for a suitable response. “I’d like to think I’m far too airy-fairy to be a reliable instrument like that.”

While her head could conceivably be turned by suitable gifts of magic, if she were to examine her weaknesses honestly, at the same time, she very definitely has her own agenda in the Shifting Lands, and with a (originally) Sevenarches druid high on her council, one can imagine the sorts of policy the elf witch is likely to favour.

“We’ll think of a way to get both Lady Aldori and you into good graces again,” Lina tries to reassure Riftun, “And a festival to show off our independence would be a good start.”

“Maybe something for all our citizens to display their talents, under the wide arch of the founders’ own, if I might say so? I’d love to see a low-stakes magic show from all the magic-users who feel like it, but Meneas might like a more competitive tourney, when it comes to swords and lances…”

She shrugs, and glances to Signy, who knows how normal people work much better than she does. “And I’m not sure what you and Brental would like. Left to my own devices, I’d be tempted to call the whole thing something like the Forestheart Festival, maybe? ‘Strongroots’ would be a bit on the nose, I think.”

It looks like we’re about a third of the way through Erastus (July), so high summer. Since we’re planning a holiday, I nominate Signy to take the lead on the event check. :)

Special event, to aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Huh. It also looks like Lina's party girl other half is a bad influence even at a distance. :D


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

DEX: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dunno, maybe Signy shouldn't be taking the lead on this? :p


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

Signy makes it clear that if Miss Zuki is not taking Jeffery in full time, He can stay with her until more permanent arrangements can be made.

"I'm not a proper choice to take Jeffrey long-term. It wouldn't do to have him orphaned twice. But, if there's no good local arrangement, I could get a message to the Starstone Brewers about finding a place for him. They might have a contact as close as down in Mivon, but I could at least get in touch in Restov. They know just how to handle these things."

*************************************

Signy doesn't pay much attention to the Brevoy and politics stuff, it's dull and far away. Instead she focuses on eating and drinking plenty. It's the perfect meal since she's neither making it nor paying for it, and such occasions should be cherished.

The holiday talk does get her attention though.

"You know what people really like? Holidays that are about them. We're not so far away from harvest time now, so we could have a harvest festival. Since most of the residents are harvesting things and making things we could have contests for what they've grown and made, along with the other games like Lina mentioned."

"The Caydenite version is called 'First Brewing' because it's the first time the harvest will be used for ales, wines, and such. If we had a contest with a real prize for the best new brew entered, it would be perfect to start announcing right away. It takes a while to brew or ferment, so it would give everyone time produce an entry before the festival."


Male Neutral Human (Taldan/Kellid) Cavalier (Hooded Knight) 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 after feinting), Touch 12 (13 after feinting), Flat-Footed 19 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (-1 vs. fire effects) | Initiative +6 (+8 on roads) | Perception +1 (+3 on roads) | Speed 20 ft. (50 ft. on horseback) | Challenge 2/2 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active Conditions: Knave's Standard

With Riftun, before dinner
Meneas nods his gratitude at Riftun. "Our thanks for your thoughtfulness, Riftun. You've been very helpful in our work so far." There's a genuine smile in his voice.

After Dinner

"Hm, withdrawal of support from Restov... How much harder will that make things?" Meneas flexes his fingers. "We should call the council, too. We should discuss this further."

He shifts slightly. "A holiday... I would leave the specifics in Signy and Brental's capable hands, but I'll work with Kesten to make things more secure. May need to tap some of you for aid, but I trust that'll be fine with you."

Aid Another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Works enough for me.


Female Elf Magus (Hexcrafter, Puppetmaster) 5 HP 36/36 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +4| Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool: 6/6 points
Signy Birkirsdottir wrote:

"You know what people really like? Holidays that are about them. We're not so far away from harvest time now, so we could have a harvest festival. Since most of the residents are harvesting things and making things we could have contests for what they've grown and made, along with the other games like Lina mentioned."

"The Caydenite version is called 'First Brewing' because it's the first time the harvest will be used for ales, wines, and such. If we had a contest with a real prize for the best new brew entered, it would be perfect to start announcing right away. It takes a while to brew or ferment, so it would give everyone time produce an entry before the festival."

“You’re right, that is more accessible,” Lina admits, wondering if she’ll ever have time or inclination to take an apprentice apart from training, just barely conceivably, a child of her own in maybe a century or so. More likely to set up a curriculum and find someone to deliver it for the greater glory of Helikia, and so forth. “So yes, definitely. My mind leapt immediately to magic, of course, but we could set things up for people to show off whatever they’re good at and proud of.”

“Oh, and we could have boasting! Exchanges of tall tales, and all that!” she enthuses, getting distracted for a moment before returning to matters horticultural. “I would absolutely also sponsor a prize for the best thing our people have grown. Or two. Flowers are rather more my line, but I’m sure I could also find a suitable fruit in my gardens too.”

The trick, in her case, is finding something that is not liable to leave the hapless winner exposed to something especially dangerous or that would cause too too much trouble if it got loose, a bit. Thornapple, maybe, and frightshade, or night witch. It should be fine. It would take some carelessness, more than one plant, or a trained alchemist for anything to go really wrong, she’s sure.

This is a good spot for a reminder that Lina and common sense have a nodding acquaintance at best, and are rarely seen at the same parties. ;)


Female Human Player/DM

Brental Celebration Roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Separately, Brental chimes in his own ideas for a celebration here in town, taking ideas from everyone but adding a rather druidic spin to it flavored by his experience at the Moot. A celebration of freedom and new beginnings centered around the conflagration of a wooden structure in the shape of an elk but involving all the activities set forth by the rest of the group.

After some careful planning, lots of hard work the festival begins and seems to be quite the hit! Everyone is drinking, dancing, romancing, and otherwise having a fantastic time as Riftun hurries about franticly in the background setting up event after event and solving all the problems that arise that Kesten need not be involved with, which are thankfully few and far between.

SUCCESS! The festival... which needs a name I suppose, is in full swing so feel free to roleplay a bit or we could just time skip to the next crises depending on how everyone is feeling.


Female Elf Magus (Hexcrafter, Puppetmaster) 5 HP 36/36 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +4| Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool: 6/6 points

Maybe it’s that it’s high summer, and everyone’s still riding the high of Archer’s Day to boot, but between everyone’s efforts, and with Riftun to coordinate, the celebration of Helikia is a rousing success.

Lina’s not much of a big party person, but she puts the lessons she’s starting to learn about how to meet people where they’re at to good use, and does her best to circulate beyond the activities of most narrow interest to her. Though she favours wine (and still much less than her lady-love) over ale, and though she according leaves the serious judging to Signy in addition, Lina makes sure that she’s seen at least trying even the hoppy barley brews entered into that competition. Likewise, coming so soon after Erastil’s holiday, she makes sure the tournament games focus on melee – especially some jousting, for Meneas’ sake – and magic. She sighs a bit over the absence, this year, of the champion she would wish to bear her favour, but she also makes a note to think of less personal charms she could create as prizes for next year.

Of the non-magical displays, Lina is – predictably – most charmed by the horticultural, the prizes for which she awards with particular enthusiasm. A fangberry sweet enough to be candy takes first place for fruit (though the poisonous prize, a moon flower or demon’s cucumber, leaves the winner a bit nonplussed), while an oleander edges out a foxglove for flowers (prize: night witch), and Lina makes a point of wearing a bloom from the latter victor in her hair for the duration of the festival.

After the series of werewolves, rabble-rousers, and missing children, it’s a welcome moment of joy, but in the back of her mind Lina knows that soon enough she’ll need to look into the troubles of Tyg and Peri’s friends, and establish more formal contact with Restov, even if Lady Aldori’s rather out of favour right now.

“Deadeye preserve us, you elves call that a cucumber? Messed up is what I say.”
*Lina shrugs, only almost apologetically.* “Tanglebriar’s a b~*!$, sure, but thornapple is kind of fun, you’ve got to admit.” ;) XD


Male Neutral Human (Taldan/Kellid) Cavalier (Hooded Knight) 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 after feinting), Touch 12 (13 after feinting), Flat-Footed 19 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (-1 vs. fire effects) | Initiative +6 (+8 on roads) | Perception +1 (+3 on roads) | Speed 20 ft. (50 ft. on horseback) | Challenge 2/2 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active Conditions: Knave's Standard

Meneas works with Kesten to keep the people safe at the festival. Unlike some of the others, he remains mostly on its periphery, watching over it with his hooded gaze. Nevertheless, he feels a smile come to his lips. Sometimes people need a release from their troubles. Hopefully, this will keep them pleased.

He folds his arms. Our little realm is growing fast. Too fast, perhaps? We'll have to see what our new citizens bring, and our new lands.


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

Signy spends most all of the festival day out and about, talking and drinking with the other people who are attending. If Jeffery is at loose ends she takes him along as well, buying him treats and a toy or other knickknack that catches his eye.

She participates in a couple of the contests. An informal arm wrestling competition doesn't go so well. She takes second in target shooting. She could have taken first, but she used no magic to support her archery. She may have had a couple too many drinks by then as well.

Signy is wearing her Aldori dueling sword, which at one point catches enough people's attention that she's persuaded to give an impromptu demonstration. She shows off several of the practice routines used by Aldori practitioners to stay sharp, but anyone with a knowledgable eye for the fighting style could see she does them badly enough to embarrass herself.

She also serves on the "best beer" judging panel. The runaway winner is a simple, medium bodied ale, bottom fermented and flavored with a hint of raspberries. The brewer, a farmer named Naes Bentles receives a brass-capped stirring paddle to keep until the competition next year, but mostly it's about bragging rights.


Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar (Lawbringer) Green Faith Initiate (Druid) 5 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 CMB +6 CMD 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs fey/plant) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2; DV 60 ft; Per +8| Active: None || Vodnykel HP: 34/34 | Per +7, DV 60 ft, LLV, Scent | Spd 40 ft, Swim 20 ft | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 | CMD 18 | Fort + 5, Reflex +6, Will +2 | Init +2 | Active: None

Thanks again for the botting and the patience! Let's get Brental back in the mix!

The return trip had quelled the bloodlust that had suddenly taken Brental during their furious melee with the now-dead chief and the ancestral-pretender. He is careful to keep the decapitated head in a bag instead of clutching it in his hands as he parades through Helikia. He surreptitiously slips away after Riftun's invitation to his nascent grove, where he calls on the local wildlife to come and feast. There was still nourishment to be had before the skull was ready to be mounted. Before he goes to enjoy Riftun's dinner, he stares at the lifeless eyes of his predecessor as a murder of crows circle above. He loses time in this meditation, coming back to his senses near dusk to see the head encompassed by a wriggling horde. The cycle continues ever onward.

---

The year had done much to color Brental's relationship with civilization, but his connection to the urbane was not so tenuous yet that he was unable to enjoy Riftun's feast (nor forget his manners with silverware). Though ravenous, he comports himself as a Helikian rather than a Nausicaan, enjoying the fruits (and so forth) of the community's labors. He heaps praises on Riftun throughout the meal, likely drawing blushes from the young bard. The meal gets Brental in a sufficiently good mood so that when Riftun reveals the Brevan problem he isn't vexed.

"This is how Issia has always been," he muses, still at least nominally proud of his Rostlander heritage. "If the Surtovas are so keen on resorting to banditry, we've proven ourselves more than capable of ending such threats." The Stag Lord immediately comes to mind, his antlered helmet collecting dust. "I'm sure that our former benefactor is likewise capable, since she's ending formal relations rather than asking us for aid. I wish her well." The druid raises a glass of wine in toast, nodding to Meneas' idea of calling the full council together for further planning.

Helikia was not ready for war, of course, but if the Surtovas dared to let their bandits traipse too far south, then more skulls could easily be collected to...send a message.

Really leaning into that true neutral there, ain't ya, B?

"If it's necessary to concoct a paper trail, then we can provide a letter in return, should Lady Kyritrha deem that wise."

Y'all want any of that sweet, sweet +11 Linguistics?

---

The festival on the other hand, stirs some interest from the erstwhile Oaksteward. It would be an opportunity to drum up local goodwill and begin carving out a place amongst the River Kingdoms. Brental listens to the others bring out their ideas. Contests magical and martial, a focus on the harvest, and a clear background of security amidst the dangerous political backdrop. When Lina brings up prizes, Brental nods. "My grove is yet young, but I'm sure I can provide something of interest as well."

Brental seems near possessed as he begins to describe a centerpiece that he has in mind. Indeed, the image appears unbidden in his mind as he describes it. There had been similar conflagrations at the Moot, usually sponsored by a now-unthinkable collaboration between different druidic orders, but the particular shape that he describes brings an internal disquietude to the druid. Where had that come from? A dream?

But as the planning gets on, Brental goes to the sawmill to supervise and select some of the most appropriate felled trees to craft his elk. Helikia has also begun to attract a few woodworkers craftier than the druid to do the bulk of the actual design. Jhod is surely pleased with the shape as Brental brings him by to observe and comment on the budding festivities.

---

Although Signy certainly can provide the best estimation of the quality of the different brews, Brental makes notes to Lina about which beers she might most enjoy. The saison tasting a bit like sparkling wine, the tripel vaguely a chardonnay, the dubbel hinting at pinot noir, and the bock nodding to port. "Barleywine is still an ale rather than a wine, mind you," he warns her, "But it's less wine-like than the others." Signy is absolutely right, in Brental's amateur opinion, that the lambic is the most delicious and--arguably--most wine-like. Brental urges Lina towards Naes Bentles' table for seconds, hoping that she likes it as much as he and Signy do.

Perhaps to the surprise of some, Brental signs up to participate in the joust. He is cumbersome with the lance but shows comfortable on the horse, showcasing some of the training that he has been doing with Meneas. He doesn't land too many lance hits before he fails out of the tournament, but manages to stay on his horse despite taking a decent number of hits. He wheezes off the green, mildly bruised but smiling.

Jousting Rules:
The War for the Crown AP actually has some rules for jousting involving Ride checks and attack rolls. The higher ride check gets a +2 bonus to the attack and damage rolls, with ride checks required to remain seated on the horse (having a DC equal to the damage dealt). So Brental is riding with a +7 to Ride but a +2 to attack because he isn't proficient with lances. Of course, he could get his buddy Jhod to cast bestow weapon proficiency on him to help out.

The druid makes his way over to one of his duties for the day: farmers have brought by some of their prized animals--namely pigs--for some swine judging. The druid walks by, speaking plainly with each pig about how he or she is treated by the farmer and asking for permission to examine it further. He awards best big in show to a large, grumpy-looking sow who describes a flavorfully-balanced diet and an adorable litter of piglets back at her home farm. He asks the sow what her favorite thing to eat is and promises to find a suitable plant in his grove to provide for her and the rest of the sounder back on the farm, along with a potted red oak sapling for the farmer to take back.

A pause before we set the wicker elk ablaze!


Male Neutral Human (Taldan/Kellid) Cavalier (Hooded Knight) 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 after feinting), Touch 12 (13 after feinting), Flat-Footed 19 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (-1 vs. fire effects) | Initiative +6 (+8 on roads) | Perception +1 (+3 on roads) | Speed 20 ft. (50 ft. on horseback) | Challenge 2/2 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active Conditions: Knave's Standard

As with Brental, Meneas joins the jousts - albeit only reluctantly, given his responsibilities and the fact that there weren't many opponents as skilled as him on horseback. I may want to look for potential apprentices here, anyways... He muses silently.

Considering trying to establish an order of Hooded Knights still, so he'll keep an eye out on that.


Female Elf Magus (Hexcrafter, Puppetmaster) 5 HP 36/36 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +4| Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool: 6/6 points

Among all the other events, Lina’s eye is also drawn towards the crafters and artists displaying the fruits of their labours. The spontaneous festival means that most everyone exhibiting is local, barring a few folks passing through or arriving just in time who decide to make the best of it (and maybe grumble a bit about not being able to show off their best work, had they but known…), but it’s still lovely. Maybe, Lina thinks, they could make this festival a recurring event? She’s not sure about the time-scale since, despite her extravagant personal tastes, she’s not necessarily all that aggressively boosterish about her own abilities and accomplishments.

Anyway, frustratingly, she discovers that a least a couple of the artists passing through are headed to Pitax and its infamous Academy, where Alaïs is studying. Good for her, and goodness knows Limen can’t compete yet, but if Lina hopes to set up a proper college of all the arts, arcane or otherwise, she’ll have to start somewhere, and so a wonderful, awful idea causes a wicked grin to spread over her features.

She decides to answer Pitax’s meddling by poaching, at least temporarily, one of its prospective students. After all, she can offer less dangerously erratic patronage than the unsavoury madman ruling the next stretch of river or so over. She eventually makes an arrangement with a Forlorn fellow (in the specifically elven sense – he’s a bit moody and could evidently use the work, but isn’t all that uncheerful) by the name of Melanion whose realist style appeals to her, and who settles the deal by revealing that he can also work in miniature. She commissions a state portrait for which she’ll pose in her new armour, as well as something less formal on a much smaller scale, and wonders if she could interest any of her friends in joining in the effort to support the arts.

All too soon, the festivities draw to a close, with Brental presiding over the bonfire ceremony he’s planned. It’s not the sort of thing Lina’s used to, having spent so many of the past few years travelling up and down the rivers alone, and from the moment the crowd gathers and the first crackles and sparks from the torches that will be used to light the wooden elk fly up, a pensive mood settles over the witch.

If you had a particular vision for the Wicker Elk, Brental, go for it!

Once the last embers start their slow glow into cold ash, Lina slips away for her own rites, the energy in the air nudging her to the conclusion that the time is right. She heads northwest-ish to where she found the nearest leys surfacing. She doesn’t try tapping into them as such, just settles into the knowledge that they’re there as she faces the woods in the direction they run in, as she opens her ritual book to the right page and her mind to the whispers the wind carries from the trees and their long memories.

Ritual Hex, going for healing. All DCs 20, Lina needs to make at least 3.:
Know (arcana): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30 Know (arcana): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27
Know (history): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21 Know (history): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 = 34
Yay! :)

Eventually, a weary witch nods her thanks to the wood and slinks back to her bed, unsure if she's understood what she's - well, it's not actually heard, exactly, but anyway. In the morning, as a last cap on the festival that's just concluded, after a discreet test to avoid any potential embarrassment, she lets the word spread: this day, the witch of Helikia will do her best to soothe the hurts of all who come to her.

She's got the healing hex for 24 hours, and she is absolutely shameless enough to start using that for "the hands of a queen are the hands of a healer" leverage. ;)


Female Human Player/DM

The remained to the holiday proceeds smoothly with the townsfolk gathered around the burning elks structure staring up in awe as the flames twist and flicker and dance all about as though they were in a celebration of their own.

Soon enough everyone is ready to go home and lie down aside from an exhausted Riftun and those few others who remain for the monumental clean-up to ensue following the festivities.

--------------

The healing proceeds smoothly with many offering to take Lina up on her offer including young Jeffrey who has somehow managed to skim his knees while playing about the town. The townsfolk whisper of a good witch and how her magic will surely protect them from disaster moving forward if she is properly venerated.

-----------

Now all is quiet in the good town of Limen. And all that remains if for the adventurers to decide where to go from here?

Just a reminder that there was a dryad you were looking for. You could also speak with Riftun if you would like to see if he has any plans. Oh, and there was the invitation to the book club for Lina and Signy if they so choose. Of course, your options are limitless these are just some suggested routes you could go down but I leave it up to you~


Female Elf Magus (Hexcrafter, Puppetmaster) 5 HP 36/36 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +4| Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool: 6/6 points

The thing about the job that Lina’s stumbled her way into is that there’s almost never a dull moment, at least the way she does it. She has her fork in a lot of pies. (Of course she uses a fork, she’s not a barbarian. As a matter of fact, according to the most pretentious best authorities she’s consulting about how to fulfill her duties becomingly, properly speaking, pies and cakes call for entirely different forks,, apparently. It’s not something she would worry about herself, let alone judge someone for, but it’s good to know. The things one does to keep one’s head up in the snobbiest company.) ( I have to imagine some use for Knowledge (nobility) beyond boring genealogies and such. ;) )

Accordingly, while her first instinct is to run out to help Tyg and Peri’s friends as soon as she can, she doesn’t want to leave Lady Aldori quite in the lurch either. She thinks they can spare another few days to brainstorm with Riftun about first steps to try to keep things from escalating so that he can work on the letters and such that will need to be sent out while she and the others venture into the wilds. That it also gives Lina something to keep her mind occupied during her first sittings dramatic poses for her new portraits is entirely coincidental.

She thinks the obvious first step is to formalize relations with Restov, in such a way to disarm suspicions in the capital and points further north. Perhaps a non-aggression treaty, openly, while working towards something more thoroughgoing in secret? A separate formal treaty with the powers that be in New Stetven and Port Ice might soothe ruffled feathers? It will take a delicate balance and a silver tongue and pen, but that is what ambassadors are for, after all.

Once both Riftun and her portraitist have enough to keep them busy for a few days, the witch turns her thoughts more intently to the fey woods. Hopefully, once she gets back, she’ll finally have the time to drop by the book club too.

Just some thoughts to guide our planning. :) Any other suggestions or preferences? I know Meneas is raring for a jaunt where he can get the most out of Veil.


Male Neutral Human (Taldan/Kellid) Cavalier (Hooded Knight) 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 after feinting), Touch 12 (13 after feinting), Flat-Footed 19 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (-1 vs. fire effects) | Initiative +6 (+8 on roads) | Perception +1 (+3 on roads) | Speed 20 ft. (50 ft. on horseback) | Challenge 2/2 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active Conditions: Knave's Standard

Once things have ended with the festival and its aftermath, Meneas requests that his fellows gather to discuss the matters their humble realm faces. "Our two greatest concerns at the moment, as far as I can see them, are the issue of Restov withdrawing its support and the potential fey threats that have been a problem for us since Limen was first settled."

He considers a moment. "Brental, do you have a sense that the lizardfolk will keep to themselves if we do not spread our realm in that direction?"


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

Signy is last seen at the festival sitting on the ground at the elk burning. She is wrapped in a blanket she's sharing with some shaggy-headed guy, resting on his shoulder and looking about half-asleep.

The next day she quite chipper though. There seems to be no lingering repercussions from any excesses at the festival.

"You know how people are. Even if there is something up with Restov that might involve us, it will take a while for it to matter. People will need to decide things, and organize and such. But the thing with the fey queen has already started. Stuff will keep on happening until we do something. I'm surprised nothing new has happened already."


Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar (Lawbringer) Green Faith Initiate (Druid) 5 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 CMB +6 CMD 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs fey/plant) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2; DV 60 ft; Per +8| Active: None || Vodnykel HP: 34/34 | Per +7, DV 60 ft, LLV, Scent | Spd 40 ft, Swim 20 ft | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 | CMD 18 | Fort + 5, Reflex +6, Will +2 | Init +2 | Active: None

Brental is pleased with the outcome of the festival and takes some time after the cleanup to check on (their hopefully ex-werewolf) Kundal. They ought to be coming up on the next full moon soon, to see whether the cure had taken, so he should be able to fully join the community. If Kundal was yet interested in retaining some measure of his ability to change forms despite being free of the curse, Brental had consulted manuals about options outside of magic. He had heard that certain barbarian tribes had developed techniques to intentionally change their forms. Brental isn't certain whether Kundal's desires in his lupine form had been compelled by the curse or whether he had some lingering bloodlust. But Brental is interested in channeling such ideas while allowing the prisoner an opportunity to participate fully in the community.

---

When Limen's council meets following the festival, Brental agrees with the assessment that the chief concerns facing them are the fey plot and the Restov problem. He answers Meneas' question with his best understanding. "Although I am currently their nominal chief, Kimeera is the true power, especially in my absence. I need to return occasionally to maintain the peace--rituals and such. But yes, I think that we'll be fine as long as there is no further encroachment."

The druid offers his own hand to the writing as well--no need to foist everything onto Riftun. "I can also write to House Lebeda in Silverhall. Having another Rostlander noble--one not pledged to the Aldori Swordlords--could help us find inroads in New Stetven. And I think--or at least I hope--that Dame Saronna and Lord Lander still think fondly of me."

Linguistics, write to House Lebeda: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

"I will not lie--I have been wanting to seek out Tiressia since Tyg and Peri told you about her. Hopefully the situation there has not escalated too much."

Brental considers a few other things. "While we're putting all of the cards on the table, it's worth pointing out the other threats and opportunities. Not that it's a priority, more of an if-we-happen-to-find-them matter, but the Old Beldame was interested in a few ingredients. And near her, there's still Candlemere. We nearly stopped there on the way to rescue Jeffrey, until we discovered that he wasn't there. There may still be someone, or something, there."

I vote that we travel east of Limen across the Skunk River just to the south of where we buried the unicorn, where Tiressia's grove is said to be.


Female Human Player/DM

The letter writing with Riftun seems to go well and the bard is certainly grateful for all the help from both Lina and Brental. Soon enough, multiple letters and political documents are drafted and sent through private courier on their way to the nation's northernmost neighbors.

------

The visit with Kundal goes... as well as it could go given the circumstances. The cure seems to have taken effect and the now ex-lycanthrope is getting along in the wild fairly effectively as he had spent a great deal of time on the road before the events in Limen.

He seems eager to return to civilization and pay his debts however he can.

---------

At this point the gang seems to have decided to follow up on the fey lead and take a journey west. After sometime however a strange sight catches their eyes. An ancient keep, a ruin on the other side of the woods hidden from human eyes for who knows how long.


Female Elf Magus (Hexcrafter, Puppetmaster) 5 HP 36/36 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +4| Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool: 6/6 points

Rambling nonsense for before we set out:
Just to clarify, Lina’s definitely helping to brainstorm and all! Probably dictating rather than writing herself, if she’s sitting, but she’s not just leaving poor Riftun to it! And on that note…

While actually adding her own codicil will have to wait until she won’t get in trouble with her painter for wiggling, Lina dictates some notes and draft work to a poor aide passing in the town hall who she shamelessly press-gangs in the interval, both for treaties with Restov and compliments to the Lebedas. She’ll let Brental do most of the talking there, as it were, of course, and she has to stretch a point about how much he’s told her about his benefactors, but adding a flattering word of her own that he could pass on or introduce might make the sorts of people the druid’s taken up with less mysterious.

The witch is no less keen than the others to pursue the fey mysteries, but fortunately Brental’s example gives her enough pause to at least consider some more planning. “Mm. We’ll keep an eye out, but I imagine we’re likelier to find trolls on the far side of the Narlmarches, towards the Slough. It’s definitely something to bear in mind as more of our people head that way. As for Candlemere…”

She shudders. “We’ll want to know more about those things, if there’s a whole nest, or what have you, of them down there. A lot of my magic seemed to just roll off of that wisp. On a vaguely related note, do we need anything special before we try to find Tiressia? Didn’t Tyg and Peri say we should expect trouble? And, besides, that she and her satyr are, um, very … friendly?”

The witch’s voice speeds up just a bit, and a hint of a blush appears on her cheeks. While she has a bit of a knack for enchantments, Lina’s not that sort of witch, and the thought of having to flirt or, worse, save her friends from magically-impaired decisions, flusters her to no end.

Upshot is, Lina will make sure to prepare an acid cantrip, in case of troll. If folks feel like it would be a good idea, she’ll also prepare suppress charms and compulsions. I’ll probably keep Healing as her default ritual hex for now, and check as required by advances in time to see if she’s managed it.

Once supplies are gathered and the last preparations made, Lina sets off quite cheerily, not even the prospect of riding in new armour and into likely conflict enough to quell her spirits. Rivers and woods are where she belongs. She wonders just how many trees she can convince the other Limenals to plant, if Helikia’s capital is bound to be surrounded by fields for the foreseeable.

As if to demonstrate some of the possibilities for landscaping, an unexpected ruin rises up out of the trees ahead, and Lina pulls back on her reins in surprise.

“Did I miss a report about this place?” she asks the others, bemused. “Remind me to encourage some more exploration, when we get back. By example, even.”

She peers at the ruin for any hint of who might have built it – or lives in it now. Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Phbbbt. :p And with her drawback, that means she'll be in even more trouble if she needs to make another Perception check today.


Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar (Lawbringer) Green Faith Initiate (Druid) 5 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 CMB +6 CMD 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs fey/plant) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2; DV 60 ft; Per +8| Active: None || Vodnykel HP: 34/34 | Per +7, DV 60 ft, LLV, Scent | Spd 40 ft, Swim 20 ft | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 | CMD 18 | Fort + 5, Reflex +6, Will +2 | Init +2 | Active: None

To clarify: is this ruin on our way to Tiressia's grove and we happened to stumble onto it? Can we see the map of the region on Roll20? We're still looking at the Nausicaa map.

Brental consults his carefully constructed map of the region, mentally retracing the directions that they had taken to get here, and puzzling over the apparent inaccuracy. He, Meneas, and a few of the others more comfortable in the wilds had ranged in this direction over the last year but had somehow missed this.

The druid looks discomfited by his navigational error. "Do you suppose it's inhabited?" he asks the others. "I could send a scout in to learn more. I've been practicing with some beetles near Limen, and both they and I have learned to glean more information in the course of their scouting. They're faster, too."

Even as he's talking, Brental has already pulled out the small jar of honey from one of the hives in his grove, which he carries on the road to sweeten bread that has begun to go stale. He is also hunting for a beetle, placing his hands on the earth and seeming to both listen and feel for where to dig before he gets his hands dirty and returns with a glossy black beetle. He seems in the process of casting a spell, clicking his tongue as though talking to the beetle, before he stops and looks at the others. "Unless we'd rather go about this another way, of course."

Seriously, Insect Spies is such a good upgrade over Insect Scouts. Even though it doesn't provide the earlier spell's rerolls, I can get information about creatures. I could also send in a spectral scout, like a bat or a toad or some other witchy familiar-type, which would give me even more information but would be admittedly less stealthy since it'll be glowing like a candle. Thoughts?

Let's throw a Perception check on here while we're at it: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Female Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 4 / Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) 1| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30'| Panache 1/1

Signy gives the place a good visual once over. Waxing pedantic, She comments "I'm sure it's inhabited by something, even if it's squirrels and mice."

After her unhelpful words, she finds a comfortable tree to lean against as she sits and waits for the bug report."[/b]

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Male Neutral Human (Taldan/Kellid) Cavalier (Hooded Knight) 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 (22 after feinting), Touch 12 (13 after feinting), Flat-Footed 19 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 (-1 vs. fire effects) | Initiative +6 (+8 on roads) | Perception +1 (+3 on roads) | Speed 20 ft. (50 ft. on horseback) | Challenge 2/2 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active Conditions: Knave's Standard

I'll get lots out of Fey Friend this time! Immunity to spell-like effects from the fey that target humanoids or fey specifically.

Meneas frowns at the keep, idly patting Veil's neck. "It seems like we missed it. To be honest, I'm not wholly surprised - we've been focused on building up Helika and Limen for the past year or so." He folds his arms, examining the keep.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 17 if we're on a road, but I don't think we are.
Veil Perception, Scent: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

A soft sigh emerges from within his hood. "I'll trust your spells, Brental. We should try to avoid letting any possible inhabitants know we're here." His fingers flex. "Any such inhabitants clearly haven't bothered with maintenance. Or haven't been able to do so."


Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar (Lawbringer) Green Faith Initiate (Druid) 5 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 CMB +6 CMD 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs fey/plant) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2; DV 60 ft; Per +8| Active: None || Vodnykel HP: 34/34 | Per +7, DV 60 ft, LLV, Scent | Spd 40 ft, Swim 20 ft | AC 20 Touch 12 Flat 18 | CMD 18 | Fort + 5, Reflex +6, Will +2 | Init +2 | Active: None

Brental smiles gently. "All right, then." The tongue clicking resumes as Brental scoops a dollop of honey into his outstretched hand. The beetle creeps forward and drinks the honey up, wiggling its antennae before hovering above the druid's hand and awaiting orders. Brental introduces himself and asks for the beetle's name, nodding as he apparently receives some sort of satisfactory answer. "Nice to meet you. Please go into that building and take a look all around. Try to go in every room if you can. Then come back and let me know what you find, especially about other creatures inside."

The beetle vibrates and buzzes off in the direction of the Keep. Brental looks a little wistful as the beetle flies away. "They're much smarter than we give them credit for," he notes. Then Brental pulls out a bag of dice and raises his eyebrows. "Anyone care for a brief diversion while we wait?"


Female Elf Magus (Hexcrafter, Puppetmaster) 5 HP 36/36 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +4| Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Arcane pool: 6/6 points

Lina’s impressed, as always, by Brental’s magic, and wonders what she might be able to glean from it for her own purposes. She knows there must be countless elven druids in the world, but, for obvious reasons, they tend to keep a low profile in the land of her birth. Maybe she can do her bit to show that it doesn’t have to be like that, even in the River Kingdoms. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t squint at the beetle rather fiercely as she tries to figure out if it’s one of the sorts that she would want to stay very far away from her plants.
*Flashes back to the beetle-cidal sprees I would go on when I had a garden.* >:( Anyway, I’ll have to think about having Lina add spectral scout to her spellbook eventually. The glow-in-the-dark angle sounds very much like the sort of twist she’d put on what druidic magic she might be able to wrap her head around. Summon an animal friend, but make it fashion! XD

Once the druid sends the beetle on its way, Lina watches as he produces some dice as well. She thinks of the unusual spell she’s been working on lately, and hopes it’s not an omen that she’ll have to test out her new curse soon. Dabbling in divination is a bit more in her sweetheart’s line, anyway, and before she gets too distracted, Lina firmly reminds herself that once her official portrait is done, her painter can get started on a miniature for her to send off. Not gonna lie, when I thought about how establishing a new queendom probably calls for a start to what might eventually form the basis of a national portrait gallery, I also started thinking of pre-modern courtships and thirst traps in ages before photography.

“You don’t have a board with you, do you? I wouldn’t think chaos chess is your speed, Brental,” the witch says, focusing. Well, as much as she ever does on anything that’s not magic, green, or romantic. Apparently in the middle ages the church often disapproved of chess because it was often played with dice? In a fantasy setting, I can’t help but think that sort of randomness fits flighty things like elves quite well, if there’s a chess-like thing in Golarion.

3,101 to 3,150 of 3,196 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rackal's Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.