The Journey of a Thousand Miles (Jade Regent AP)

Game Master Sensen

Current Chapter: Night of Frozen Shadows
Wherein old secrets are uncovered, a city is explored, and threats are unveiled.
Date: Starday, 21st Lamashan (X) 4711 AR
Time of Day: Late Morning
Season: Autumn
Weather: 27° F (-2° C), Light Winds

Kalsgard
Lands of the Linnorm Kings
4711 AR Calendar


3,051 to 3,100 of 3,235 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

HP 40/40 AC 21 TAC 12 FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +6 R +3 W +4 | Challenge: 1/2 Resolve: 2/2 Honor: 1/1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +8
Skills:
Acro+6,Bluff+4,Climb+13,Diplo+5,HandleA+6,Intim+5,K.history/nobility+9,K.pl anes+6,K.dung/religion+3,Linguistics+3,SenseMotive+5,Survival+2,Sense+6,Swi m+8
Human (Tien) male Samurai (Yojimbo) 4 | Treasure | -

"Good idea Torra San!" Yuto follows up pulling from the chain with Andochtuir until the undead monstrosity appears!

K. religion DC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

After an initial second of surprise, Yuto resolves with the undead attacking Andochtuir that some action is needed and the monster is not likely to go away so he releases the chain and climbs over the piled goods to strike at the creature "Careful Andochtuir this is a very uncommon undead!"
Climb: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

If successful, he slashes over the head of the creature taking care of the attacks back.
Katana-CE+higher ground: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 18
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

HP 40/40 AC 23 TAC 14
combat expertise (+2 AC)


M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

Startled, Andochtuir releases the chain reflexively. He doubles his grip on the magical longsword he'd had at the ready and swings, grateful for Riftun's light illuminating the hold. His muscles rip as he brings down the blade with devastating force!

attack, mutagen, PA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

"Uncommon? Uncommon how? That doesn't tell me much, Yuto!" He grunts in between swings.

If Riftun has any buffs this round, I excluded them in the rolls.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Ulfen) NG Human Bard (Archivist) 4 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 | CMB +1, CMD 12 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +3* | Initiative +11 | Perception: -1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/2 | BP 12/15 | Active Conditions: none

Riftun will use Lore Master to auto 20 on the knowledge check.

Riftun's eyes go wide as a creature from his people's legends is dragged forth from the mist by chain. His hand reflexively reaches into his pouch and grips as the ground mica, running it through his fingers as he takes a step back and stammers.

"D-Draugr! Draugr! By the gods! Draugr!" is all he manages to stammer in pure terror as the thought races through his head. Can't let it touch my friends or else...

"Fulgentius Pulvis!" The bard exclaims as he tosses the mica up into the air in a cascading arc around him which rapidly turns turns to sparkling blue and shoots out behind the draugr where it explodes into a shower of blue butterflies and sparkling lights covering the undead monstrosity before them.

Casting Glitterdust on the draugr DC 17 Will to not be blinded.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
She/they Dwarf Kineticist 4 | HP 48/48 (8 NL) | AC 17/13/14| DR 4/adamantine | F +10 R +7 W +4 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Init +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +9; Darkvision 60'

Undead were always terrifying, but this one was particularly so, with its desiccated flesh and its huge axe. Hearing the terror in Riftun's voice as the bard recognizes the creature doesn't help, and for a moment Torra wants to climb back up to the deck of the ship, jump into a kayak and paddle far, far away from this abomination. But no, the others were in danger, so squeezing down the fear the dwarf takes a few steps forward, stepping firmly on the chain and thrusting both hands forward.

Gods, I hope this works.

A puff of dust and sand issues forth, dissipating quickly in the magical light conjured by Riftun.

Noooo! Too far from solid ground!

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 3) + 9 = 16


Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

Round 1 Wrap-Up

Riftun unleashes a burst of blue and gold light to blind and shroud the draugr before them. It groans, shimmering in the light of lantern and spell, groping at its eyes for a moment.
Will vs. DC 17: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Andochtuir drops the chain, drawing his sword and striking at the now-blinded draugr. Though it does manage to deflect some of the attacks, he manages to cut through its defenses and carve pieces away from its flesh.

Yuto rushes forwards, clambering over the benches and loot to strike at the draugr - like his half-elven friend, he only just manages to strike home and carve a chunk of flesh off of its shoulder.

Andochtuir, Yuto, did you input the -4 penalty for squeezing? I can't tell, but I don't think you did?

Torra tries to blast the draugr through the dark hold, but the distance from the ground holds her back, and the attack falters.

Round 2

The draugr bellows, swinging with its greataxe at Andochtuir again. Fortunately for him, his magical defenses keep the heavy blade from his vulnerable flesh, but it is alarmingly close.
Greataxe vs. Andochtuir: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Total Concealment, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 74

Everyone is up.

Statuses:

Yuto: HP 40/40, AC 16, touch 10, flat-footed 14, CMD 19, resolve 2/2, challenge 2/2, honor in all things 1/1
Torra: HP 42/42 (NL 8/42), AC 12, touch 9, flat-footed 9, CMD 12, DR 4/adamantine, Burn 2
Andochtuir: HP 36/36, AC 23, touch 8, flat-footed 22, CMD 17, Strength Mutagen 29 minutes, heightened awareness 29 minutes, shield 3 minutes
Riftun: HP 27/27, AC 7, touch 7, flat-footed 6, CMD 10, Bardic Performance 15/15, Lore Master 1/1
All: Squeezing (difficult terrain, -4 penalty to attack, =4 penalty to AC)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 40/40 AC 21 TAC 12 FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +6 R +3 W +4 | Challenge: 1/2 Resolve: 2/2 Honor: 1/1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +8
Skills:
Acro+6,Bluff+4,Climb+13,Diplo+5,HandleA+6,Intim+5,K.history/nobility+9,K.pl anes+6,K.dung/religion+3,Linguistics+3,SenseMotive+5,Survival+2,Sense+6,Swi m+8
Human (Tien) male Samurai (Yojimbo) 4 | Treasure | -

Did not apply it, sorry! Will do now to attack and AC!

"Th-that's it, uncommon, like that, a draugr!" Yuto attempts to maneuver to knock down the undead but it is hard within such squeezed quarters.
Katana-CE+higher ground-squeezing: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 2 + 1 - 4 = 11
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

If the draugr attacks Andochtuir again...:

Yuto quickly reacts trying to intercept the greataxe with a fast swing of his katana.
Katana vs AC 10: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 - 1 - 4 = 16
If successful, Andochtuir gains +3 AC from aid another

HP 40/40 AC 19 TAC 10
squeezing (-4 AC)
combat expertise (+2 AC)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Ulfen) NG Human Bard (Archivist) 4 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 | CMB +1, CMD 12 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +3* | Initiative +11 | Perception: -1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/2 | BP 12/15 | Active Conditions: none

Riftun, somewhat relieved that his spell seems to have taken hold over the draugr, finds the wherewithal to remember his role on the battlefield and begins to divulge what he knows of the beast they face.

"I-It's a draugr everyone! A powerful one at that j-judging by the fog cloud it created. My people would tell stories of how they would kidnap naughty children and suck out their souls. The first part was just stories to make children behave but they really can suck away your life force if they hit you so be very, very cautious!" He explains stepping forward to ensure his allies hear him properly.

Standard to begin Naturalist performance to give everyone in 30 ft +1 to Attacks, Saves, and AC against the draugr. Move to step forward a bit to get Andy and Yuto in range of the performance.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
She/they Dwarf Kineticist 4 | HP 48/48 (8 NL) | AC 17/13/14| DR 4/adamantine | F +10 R +7 W +4 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Init +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +9; Darkvision 60'

Riftun's words send a chill down Torra's spine, and the dwarf tries to rally their powers again. Damn it, that this was happening on the ship, in the middle of the sea! Wait, there is land under the sea, is there not? Reaching for the bottom, questions for rock, silt - anything solid. Do they imagine the chill of the depths, or is that an effect of the draugr's presence?

Attack, naturalist, pushing infusion: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12 Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14

Whatever solid ground may lie under the water, it is too far to reach, and Torra balls up their fists in frustration.

I love that the dice are just going along with my head cannon of 'cannot do geomancy on a ship at sea'.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

Sorry, I didn't apply the penalty. So it'd have been a 16 post squeezing. Riftun's blind would have made the creature lose its dex bonus and taking another -2 penalty to ac on top of it so perhaps it evens out? Also, that'd add 2d6 sneak attack damage to the first hit technically.

"Thanks, I'll try and not get hit even more !" Andochtuir calls back to Riftun, frustrated by the cramped quarters he found himself in, and realizing the ship might just start burning at any moment...

Attack vs blind, squeezing penalty -4, no PA, naturalist +1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
sneak attack vs blind: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10


Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

Round 2 Wrap-Up

Yeah, without his Dex bonus, he's pretty easy to hit right now.

Andochtuir's sword is a blur as he slashes through the draugr's spine, toppling it to the ground and letting the undead creature go to the Boneyard, as the natural order dictates.

Combat Over.

Since Andochtuir destroyed it, I'll refund the Bardic Performance - even without its bonus, Andochtuir still hits and destroys Snorri.

Statuses:

Yuto: HP 40/40, AC 16, touch 10, flat-footed 14, CMD 19, resolve 2/2, challenge 2/2, honor in all things 1/1
Torra: HP 42/42 (NL 8/42), AC 12, touch 9, flat-footed 9, CMD 12, DR 4/adamantine, Burn 2
Andochtuir: HP 36/36, AC 23, touch 8, flat-footed 22, CMD 17, Strength Mutagen 29 minutes, heightened awareness 29 minutes, shield 3 minutes
Riftun: HP 27/27, AC 7, touch 7, flat-footed 6, CMD 10, Bardic Performance 15/15, Lore Master 1/1
All: Squeezing (difficult terrain, -4 penalty to attack, =4 penalty to AC), Naturalist Bardic Performance

As the undead creature falls, its mist fades, revealing a wide swathe of its grave goods in the light of Andochtuir's lantern and Riftun's light. The draugr itself has a number of interesting items, including a finely crafted masterwork chain shirt and greataxe, and a grey sphere of what looks like mother-of-pearl.

Let me know if you want to look for magic items, because you are on a bit of a clock here, what with the ship potentially burning or the honor guard coming to investigate.


She/they Dwarf Kineticist 4 | HP 48/48 (8 NL) | AC 17/13/14| DR 4/adamantine | F +10 R +7 W +4 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Init +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +9; Darkvision 60'

Feeling entirely useless down here, Torra returns to the deck to manage the fire and keep it from engulfing the ship before they were ready to depart.


M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

Andochtuir looks around the veritable treasury surrounding them, then grimaces and steps over the Draugr's fresh corpse. "Lots of valuables, but we have little time. I say we find and untie Ulf first, if he is bound down, then see what we can collect on the way back."

He paces forward, looking around for a door or hatch or wherever the Ulfen prisoner could be. "Ulf? Ulf! Are you here? Uhksahkka sent us! She said to ask of the elk you hunted in the winter! Where are you? Give us a sign!" He calls out as he searches.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


HP 40/40 AC 21 TAC 12 FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +6 R +3 W +4 | Challenge: 1/2 Resolve: 2/2 Honor: 1/1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +8
Skills:
Acro+6,Bluff+4,Climb+13,Diplo+5,HandleA+6,Intim+5,K.history/nobility+9,K.pl anes+6,K.dung/religion+3,Linguistics+3,SenseMotive+5,Survival+2,Sense+6,Swi m+8
Human (Tien) male Samurai (Yojimbo) 4 | Treasure | -

"Th-thanks for that Riftun" Yuto states as they manage to bring down the draugr.

The young man quickly resolves to look through the hold for Ulf or any treasure hopping the katana they are looking for to be within "Ju-just look through the center Andochtuir. I will search the far end of the hold!"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Ulfen) NG Human Bard (Archivist) 4 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 | CMB +1, CMD 12 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +3* | Initiative +11 | Perception: -1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/2 | BP 12/15 | Active Conditions: none

Riftun breathes a sigh of relief as the undead goes back to its eternal rest. The young bard clasps his hands together in prayer around his lit dagger to Pharasma for the peace of the disquieted spirit then turns his attention back to the items throughout the ship.

If the other were searching for Ulf then Riftun would search for the sword.

He does, however, make sure to clasp Torra meaningfully on the shoulder and whisper, "Th-Thank you for helping with the fire Torra. We'd be lost without you."

Riftun will use his Detect Magic to look over the ship for the katana while the others search for Ulf.


M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

All right, then with Yuto searching the far end of the ship Andy will stick to the hold. If he sees something he thinks looks valuable he will take it in passing as he searches the narrows for the prisoner. But as he cannot detect magic Riftun will have to call such out for him.


Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

There is no sign of Ulf being present in the hold, or indeed that anyone save Snorri had moved around in the cramped space. Clearly, someone had lied to them - or perhaps had been lied to themselves.

Riftun detects two items that glow with magical power - one is a winged Ulfen helm, while the other is the pearl that was on Snorri's body. The only reason I'm not rolling for Spellcraft right now is because you may not want to spend the six rounds it would take to study them - if that's not the case, let me know.

GM Rolls:

Torra Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Torra:
Atop the ship, Torra takes a breath of the chill night air... and hears the soft shuffling of rope on the edge of the ship. Someone else is up here. A quick glance reveals two shadowy figures on the northern side of the ship.


She/they Dwarf Kineticist 4 | HP 48/48 (8 NL) | AC 17/13/14| DR 4/adamantine | F +10 R +7 W +4 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Init +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +9; Darkvision 60'

Dropping to the deck of the ship, Torra crawls as fast as she can to the entrance towards the hold, and whispers into the space below.

"Someone's coming! Come back up!"


HP 40/40 AC 21 TAC 12 FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +6 R +3 W +4 | Challenge: 1/2 Resolve: 2/2 Honor: 1/1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +8
Skills:
Acro+6,Bluff+4,Climb+13,Diplo+5,HandleA+6,Intim+5,K.history/nobility+9,K.pl anes+6,K.dung/religion+3,Linguistics+3,SenseMotive+5,Survival+2,Sense+6,Swi m+8
Human (Tien) male Samurai (Yojimbo) 4 | Treasure | -

"Wh-what happens? Wh-where is Ulf? Wh-where is the katana?" Yuto looks around surprised to find nothing of what they came here for. He makes sure to pick up the items indicated by Riftun and is on this when he overhears Torra.

The Tian quickly climbs up the stairs "Oh, what?! Who are you?"


M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

When nothing is found and Riftun calls out the objects of magic, Andy quickly respectively takes and rolls the supposedly magical helm and pearl into his open bag with his sword. There had been just a few too any cursus going around lately to take chances right now.

Then, when Torra warns them, he looks up sharply, graps the well-made axe on the way out and quickly crawls after Yuto. There was no time to take the masterwork armor off of the fallen undead, and there might never be.

Not with more enemies inbound. "Riftun, get behind me. I'll keep you safe!" He calls over his shoulder, just as he reaches for his extract of Enlarge Person on the way up and out.


Male Human (Ulfen) NG Human Bard (Archivist) 4 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 | CMB +1, CMD 12 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +3* | Initiative +11 | Perception: -1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/2 | BP 12/15 | Active Conditions: none

Nothing about this situation made sense... Where was Ulf? Where was the katana? Why was Snorri a draugr of all things? These questions and a thousand more raced through the bard's mind as Torra cried out to get the group's attention above deck.

"O-Of course Andy! Thank you!" Riftun yelps as he clings to the half-elf like a shadow and whispers "Speculum Imaginum." on the way up splitting himself into three nervously clingy Riftun's.

Mirror Image: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

Combat Start

Initiatives:

Torra: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Yuto: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Riftun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Andochtuir: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Ninja: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Thanks to Torra's warning, there's no surprise round so...

Round 1

Riftun summons his mirror images, staying back just long enough for his friends to come to his aid.

Before anyone else can react, however, the ninja respond to Torra's shout by rushing at her in deadly silence. One lined in red of them rushes at her, pulling something that looks like a sturdy arrow from her belt and striking wildly. Fortunately for Torra, the ninja's surprise at her awareness is more than enough to keep the thrusts far from her.
Red Siangham vs. Torra, flat-footed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

She feels distinctly less lucky as a stabbing pain breaks through the hardened skin of her back - it is not a deep wound, but it still hurts. A half turn reveals that another ninja lined in green is standing there, a similarly odd arrow in his hand.
Green Siangham vs. Torra, flat-footed, flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26
Damage, Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + (1, 2) = 7 Torra loses only 3 of those hp, and is at 39 hp now.

The other ninja she'd spotted lined in black takes a few steps forwards towards the pyre-to-be. With a flick of his wrist, he lights a tindertwig and drops it onto the mound, which responds by bursting into flame.

Initiative Order is Riftun, ninja, Yuto, Torra, Andochtuir. Bolded characters are up.

Statuses:

Yuto: HP 40/40, AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19, CMD 19, resolve 2/2, challenge 2/2, honor in all things 1/1
Torra: HP 39/42 (NL 8/39), AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12, DR 4/adamantine, Burn 2
Andochtuir: HP 36/36, AC 27, touch 12, flat-footed 26, CMD 17, Strength Mutagen 29 minutes, heightened awareness 29 minutes, shield 3 minutes
Riftun: HP 27/27, AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14, CMD 10, Bardic Performance 15/15, Lore Master 1/1


M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

Where were we in the hold when this happens? Andy can double move or run perhaps if he was at the center of the hold, since squeezing does not seem to prevent it. However, that is still at max 6 squares if running. Since squeezing halves movement, it is hugely important where he is when Torra calls out during the search of the cargo hold. It is the difference between being able to act in 1 turn and 5 turns depending on his starting position. Currently he is in the square he was when he killed the undead but he has been searching since.


Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

I'd say he's still halfway into the hold, on the left side of the mast, rather than the right. I've adjusted his position now.


HP 40/40 AC 21 TAC 12 FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +6 R +3 W +4 | Challenge: 1/2 Resolve: 2/2 Honor: 1/1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +8
Skills:
Acro+6,Bluff+4,Climb+13,Diplo+5,HandleA+6,Intim+5,K.history/nobility+9,K.pl anes+6,K.dung/religion+3,Linguistics+3,SenseMotive+5,Survival+2,Sense+6,Swi m+8
Human (Tien) male Samurai (Yojimbo) 4 | Treasure | -

Yuto squeezes through and climbs out drawing the katana once he is on deck "Who are you?! What are you doing here?!"


Male Human (Ulfen) NG Human Bard (Archivist) 4 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 | CMB +1, CMD 12 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +3* | Initiative +11 | Perception: -1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/2 | BP 12/15 | Active Conditions: none

Suddenly the situation changes into an ambush by several stealthy villains, how they even got to the ship so quickly Riftun had no idea but he knew being surrounded was a bad idea.

"Torra hit them hard! Knock them into the water if you can! The bard cries hoping to stagger the assailants.

Have we decided what roll Riftun would have to make for humanoids? I remember it was up for discussion last time. Regardless he'd start a naturalist performance if he succeeds with a 17 plus whatever bonus probably +11 and CA to Torra to attack the green ninja.

Naturalist: 1d20 ⇒ 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
She/they Dwarf Kineticist 4 | HP 48/48 (8 NL) | AC 17/13/14| DR 4/adamantine | F +10 R +7 W +4 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Init +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +9; Darkvision 60'

Torra moves away from the hatch to make room for the others coming up and to avoid being caught between the two ninjas, and tries to blast one green into the water, momentarily forgetting that her powers were not working here.

Attack, pushing infusion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 1) + 9 = 16
CMB: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

Andy continues his rush through the cramped quarters, ending up just short of the stairs upward. "Hold on, I'm coming!" He cries.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

Round 1 Wrap-Up

Yuto emerges onto the deck next to one of the ninja, who swings the odd arrow shaft at the young samurai. Unfortunately, it just manages to punch through his armor and stab him in the left shoulder, leaving an aching, bloody wound.
Red AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Yuto is at 37 hp.

His question goes unanswered, and Torra takes a quick step back, gathering power to blast the green-lined ninja that stabbed her just moments before. The earthen projectile, far more powerful than any have been this far out at sea, slams into the man's chest, but he manages to keep his balance, only just staggering back slightly.

Andochtuir rushes through the hold, pushing and ducking under the low ceiling as he is close to emerging into the outside.

Round 2

I believe we said that Riftun can do naturalist against humanoids, just because it felt like a weird neutering of the archetype if he couldn't.

Recognizing these people as similarly trained to the ninja of Hana's family, Riftun begins offering advice to his fellows. Taking this action as the one on his next turn, just so the initiative still makes sense in my head.

The ninja swiftly adjust their positions in response to the new attackers - an arrow soars out from the dark, startling the two heroes atop the deck. Fortunately, it flies overhead, splashing into the water behind them. A quick glance reveals that a fourth ninja lined in white has been lurking on the southern end of the ship, shortbow in hand.

Shortbow vs. Torra, flat-footed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The black-lined ninja who lit the pyre darts out of the slowly increasing blaze, lunging past Yuto. Unfortunately for the ninja, the samurai is more than prepared to strike at the passing shadow. His blade is a shining blur in the light of the blazing pyre as it cleaves deep into the ninja's flank. The woman staggers, a soft grunt coming from beneath her mask.
Acrobatics vs. CMD 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Yuto AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Still, she turns and stabs at him with a curved dagger produced from within her clothing. The yojimbo easily deflects the blade with his own, keeping it from anything resembling a threat.
Black Dagger vs. Yuto: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Her red-lined counterpart steps around Yuto, flanking him, and lunges with the stabbing arrow one more, thrusting in a blur of dark movement. Even as she moves, the samurai's shield is in position, deflecting the attacks with ease.
Red Siangham vs. Yuto, flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9 Their rolls are just plain crap right now, it seems.

The last of the ninja lined in green leaps onto the edge of the ship. Darting up to its bow, he hops over to the other railing and circles to flank Torra, thrusting at her from his position on higher ground. The arrow stabs down through the left side of her neck, piercing her skin once more and leaving a searingly agonizing wound.
Green Siangham vs. Torra, Flanking, Higher Ground: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 23
Damage, Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + (2, 6) = 13 Torra is at 30 hp.

Yuto, Torra, and Andochtuir are up.

Statuses:

Yuto: HP 37/40, AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19, CMD 19, resolve 2/2, challenge 2/2, honor in all things 1/1
Torra: HP 30/42 (NL 8/30), AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12, DR 4/adamantine, Burn 2
Andochtuir: HP 36/36, AC 27, touch 12, flat-footed 26, CMD 17, Strength Mutagen 29 minutes, heightened awareness 29 minutes, shield 3 minutes
Riftun: HP 27/27, AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14, CMD 10, Bardic Performance 15/15, Lore Master 1/1, mirror images 4 minutes
All Naturalist Bardic Performance


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 40/40 AC 21 TAC 12 FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +6 R +3 W +4 | Challenge: 1/2 Resolve: 2/2 Honor: 1/1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +8
Skills:
Acro+6,Bluff+4,Climb+13,Diplo+5,HandleA+6,Intim+5,K.history/nobility+9,K.pl anes+6,K.dung/religion+3,Linguistics+3,SenseMotive+5,Survival+2,Sense+6,Swi m+8
Human (Tien) male Samurai (Yojimbo) 4 | Treasure | -

"Where are they coming from?!" Yuto exclaims trying to block the arrow with his shield as it already went away "They appear from the nothingness!"

The Tian fights with his katana forward and back, trying to retaliate while defending Torra at the same time.

"What would Tamura Benjiro would do here?" Yuto quickly resolves trying a parallel slash towards the red draped ninja in an attempt to break both the flanks on Torra and hismelf "Yiiia!"
Katana-CE+naturalist: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 28
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Critical?: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 17
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

HP 40/40 AC 24 TAC 15
naturalist (+1 AC)
combat expertise (+2 AC)


She/they Dwarf Kineticist 4 | HP 48/48 (8 NL) | AC 17/13/14| DR 4/adamantine | F +10 R +7 W +4 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Init +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +9; Darkvision 60'

"Push them into the water, yep, what I've been trying to do!" grumbles Torra in frustration as the assailants keep stabbing her with their weird weapons. Back to back with Yuto, the dwarf unleashes another blast at the one attacker that seems moments away from collapsing.

Attack green, naturalist, combat advice: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 21 Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 6) + 9 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

"Try and take one of them alive!" The warrior calls out, as he hurries up the stairs hearing sceams he thought didn't belong to his friends.

Once up, he promply gets attacked as he gets out of the cramped quarters, then retaliated against said attacker. While, of course, in the background, a wall of fire is steadily getting closer. "This is why I hate boats... I swear, can't I just for once be on one and have it NOT get attacked!?"

attack, naturalist, Nonlethal?, vs green if possible: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
damage, non-lethal: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

It's hard for me to see where the exit of the hatch is supposed to be, how often andy provokes exiting it and from who. So I'll leave that vague. He tries to attack the critically injured one, black, non-lethally.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

Round 2 Wrap Up

Yuto swings his blade in a quick, vicious arc, slashing one of the ninja's throats with a single clean sweep. The woman topples to the deck, bleeding and choking.

I'm not sure whether kinetic blasts provoke AoOs, but I assume the do, so I'll also assume that Torra takes a step back once Yuto takes the red-lined ninja down.

Torra steps back, gathering another burst of elemental earth and sending it hurtling towards the green-lined ninja. The blast crashes into his ribcage, shattering it with a sickening crunch. Like a puppet with its strings cut, he collapses and topples into the frigid northern waters.

Andochtuir pulls himself out of the hold with care, before taking a quick hop forwards and swinging with the flat of his blade at the black-lined ninja, who ducks easily under the attacks, deflecting them with her sturdy arrow-shaft.

Round 3

Riftun is up.

Statuses:

Yuto: HP 37/40, AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19, CMD 19, resolve 2/2, challenge 2/2, honor in all things 1/1
Torra: HP 30/42 (NL 8/30), AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12, DR 4/adamantine, Burn 2
Andochtuir: HP 36/36, AC 27, touch 12, flat-footed 26, CMD 17, Strength Mutagen 29 minutes, heightened awareness 29 minutes, shield 3 minutes
Riftun: HP 27/27, AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14, CMD 10, Bardic Performance 14/15, Lore Master 1/1, mirror images 4 minutes
All Naturalist Bardic Performance


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Ulfen) NG Human Bard (Archivist) 4 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 | CMB +1, CMD 12 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +3* | Initiative +11 | Perception: -1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/2 | BP 12/15 | Active Conditions: none

Ninjas?! Why were there ninjas here in the ulfen homeland of all places? Riftun thinks, stunned for a moment by the sheer bizarreness of the situation before Torra's sounds of pain bring him back into the present.

"Torra! You can't keep taking abuse like this! Let me tend your wounds while you focus up on that ninja Andy is facing. The bard remarks as a warm healing light begins to pulse from his hands and into his dwarven ally.

CLW at Torra: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Biting his lip at the poor job he's done of his healing due to the bobbing and rocking of the ship, Riftun continues his tactical suggestions for the ninja. "They may seem extraordinary but remember these are likely humans just like Yuto. Don't let them throw you off!"

Free Action to continue Naturalist, Move Action Combat Advice Torra at black lined ninja. Standard Action CLW Torra. 5-foot step as necessary as I cannot see the map.


Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

Round 3 Midpoint

Riftun reaches up through the hatch to heal Torra as he continues to offer advice to the party. Embers begin to crackle and fall into the center of the hold.

The two remaining ninja continue their assault, one lined in black whirling her dagger and stabbing viciously at Yuto, who easily continues his deflection and evasion of the wickedly curved blade.
Black Dagger vs. Yuto: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

With that, she pulls back, dodging out of the way of both Yuto and Andochtuir's attacks, but her injuries make her agility irrelevant, as she leaves herself open to both of them... but they don't manage to get good swings in, and their attacks miss her completely.
Acrobatics vs. CMD 19: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Acrobatics vs. CMD 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Andochtuir Nonlethal AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Yuto Nonlethal(?) AoO: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 + 1 - 4 = 5 Even without the nonlethal penalty, that's still not a hit. xD

The other ninja pulls out a potion and takes a swig of it, disappearing from view.

Yuto, Torra, and Andochtuir are up.

Statuses:

Yuto: HP 37/40, AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19, CMD 19, resolve 2/2, challenge 2/2, honor in all things 1/1
Torra: HP 30/42 (NL 8/30), AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12, DR 4/adamantine, Burn 2
Andochtuir: HP 36/36, AC 27, touch 12, flat-footed 26, CMD 17, Strength Mutagen 29 minutes, heightened awareness 29 minutes, shield 3 minutes
Riftun: HP 27/27, AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14, CMD 10, Bardic Performance 13/15, Lore Master 1/1, mirror images 4 minutes
All Naturalist Bardic Performance


M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

"Leaving so soon? Where are your manners? You haven't even introduced yourself!" Andochtuir says, then charges the remaining visible one with a feint and pommel strike, still hoping to knock out thr assailant...

attack, mutagen, naturalist, no pa, charge, nonlethal: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

From the phone, cant move on the map but iirc the northern one was injures and still visable.


HP 40/40 AC 21 TAC 12 FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +6 R +3 W +4 | Challenge: 1/2 Resolve: 2/2 Honor: 1/1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +8
Skills:
Acro+6,Bluff+4,Climb+13,Diplo+5,HandleA+6,Intim+5,K.history/nobility+9,K.pl anes+6,K.dung/religion+3,Linguistics+3,SenseMotive+5,Survival+2,Sense+6,Swi m+8
Human (Tien) male Samurai (Yojimbo) 4 | Treasure | -

As the enemies fall around, Yuto focuses in the ones that are trying to jump out of the ship, he rushes through the deck trying to reach one of the enemies "Yes, Sir!" and tries to hit him on the head with the plain part of his blade.
Katana+naturalist-nonlethal: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 - 4 = 17
Slashing non-lethal damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

HP 40/40 AC 22 TAC 13
naturalist (+1 AC)


She/they Dwarf Kineticist 4 | HP 48/48 (8 NL) | AC 17/13/14| DR 4/adamantine | F +10 R +7 W +4 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Init +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +9; Darkvision 60'

Torra tenses as one of the attackers disappears, preparing to strike the moment they become visible again.

Ready attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 5) + 9 = 20


Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

Round 3 Wrap-Up

Yuto rushes in the direction of where the disappeared ninja was, swinging wildly with the flat of his sword. Unfortunately, he makes no contact with anything, though it is difficult to tell whether that's because there's nothing to hit, or if the invisible ninja is just avoiding him.

Torra, for her part, prepares to blast the ninja when he reappears, eyes flicking about as she does so.

Andochtuir steps quickly forwards, the fire's raging heat blazing over him. With a swing, he cracks the pommel of his sword against the black-lined ninja's skull and dropping her to the ground.

Round 4

The fires blaze brighter as the deck starts to ignite more seriously. The fire's radius has grown by five feet. Anyone inside it is now on fire. The unconscious ninja is unfortunate enough to be just in the way as the flames catch in her area.
Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) = 12

Riftun is up.

Statuses:

Yuto: HP 37/40, AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19, CMD 19, resolve 2/2, challenge 2/2, honor in all things 1/1
Torra: HP 30/42 (NL 8/30), AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12, DR 4/adamantine, Burn 2
Andochtuir: HP 36/36, AC 27, touch 12, flat-footed 26, CMD 17, Strength Mutagen 29 minutes, heightened awareness 29 minutes, shield 3 minutes
Riftun: HP 27/27, AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14, CMD 10, Bardic Performance 13/15, Lore Master 1/1, mirror images 4 minutes
All Naturalist Bardic Performance


HP 40/40 AC 21 TAC 12 FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +6 R +3 W +4 | Challenge: 1/2 Resolve: 2/2 Honor: 1/1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +8
Skills:
Acro+6,Bluff+4,Climb+13,Diplo+5,HandleA+6,Intim+5,K.history/nobility+9,K.pl anes+6,K.dung/religion+3,Linguistics+3,SenseMotive+5,Survival+2,Sense+6,Swi m+8
Human (Tien) male Samurai (Yojimbo) 4 | Treasure | -

Seeing he caught nothing, Yuto moves back to Torra and sheathes his katana back into his belt "We need to get out of here, it is gonna burn ablaze"

The Tian looks down the hatch and offers a hand to Riftun "Riftun San! Get out of there! We need to jump back to the kayaks!"

Sorry again, just noticed is only Riftun!
Please take my action unless something gross happens next.


Male Human (Ulfen) NG Human Bard (Archivist) 4 | HP 24/24 | AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 | CMB +1, CMD 12 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +3* | Initiative +11 | Perception: -1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/2 | BP 12/15 | Active Conditions: none

Riftun's throats starts to feel scratchy as the smoke begins reaching him down below deck to the point that Yuto's warning serves only to bolster what the bad already knew.

The ship was now well and truly ablaze, what time they had was about to draw to a close.

Riftun takes Yuto's hand and allows himself to be pulled up from the hatch where he sets eyes upon the unconscious ninja. Their cloaked figure burning like so much kindling.

Before he can even think, Riftun rushes forward and grabs the burning figure from the flames, his face reddening as it is battered by the heat of the scorching fire. "Let's take this one a-and run! The ship hasn't much time! And stay wary, I suspect a sneak attack in our near future!"

Gonna get up and drag the ninja away from the fire and use Riftun's free action to continue the Naturalist Performance.


Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

Round 4 Midpoint

Riftun climbs out of the hold, grabbing the black-lined ninja from the flames and nearly searing himself in the process. He is careful enough, though, that he doesn't catch fire, only scorching his hands on the blazing ninja's body.
Riftun Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

The flames begin to spread in the trail that he dragged her along, hastening the death of this ship.

GM Roll:
1d20 + 13 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 20 = 42
1d6 ⇒ 2

Meanwhile, the other ninja reappears abruptly behind Torra, stabbing at her with the same strange-hafted arrow as his comrades. The arrow stabs through her hardened skin and slips through her ribs. Fortunately, she is able to turn just enough that it misses her lungs and heart.
White Siangham vs. Torra, flat-footed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage, Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + (4, 1) = 8 Torra takes 5 damage and is at 25 hp.

Yuto, Torra, and Andochtuir are up.

Statuses:

Yuto: HP 37/40, AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19, CMD 19, resolve 2/2, challenge 2/2, honor in all things 1/1
Torra: HP 25/42 (NL 8/30), AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12, DR 4/adamantine, Burn 2
Andochtuir: HP 36/36, AC 27, touch 12, flat-footed 26, CMD 17, Strength Mutagen 29 minutes, heightened awareness 29 minutes, shield 3 minutes
Riftun: HP 27/27, AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14, CMD 10, Bardic Performance 12/15, Lore Master 1/1, mirror images 4 minutes
All Naturalist Bardic Performance


She/they Dwarf Kineticist 4 | HP 48/48 (8 NL) | AC 17/13/14| DR 4/adamantine | F +10 R +7 W +4 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Init +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +9; Darkvision 60'

Did Torra's readied attack trigger when the ninja stabbed her? Although I doubt it hits with that roll...

Gasping, Torra jerks away from the ninja who just stabbed her in the back, one hand reflexively attempting to reach the wound, while the other is flung forward just as reflexively.

Attack. naturalist: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15 Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 5) + 9 = 20

Whyyyyyy


HP 40/40 AC 21 TAC 12 FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +6 R +3 W +4 | Challenge: 1/2 Resolve: 2/2 Honor: 1/1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +8
Skills:
Acro+6,Bluff+4,Climb+13,Diplo+5,HandleA+6,Intim+5,K.history/nobility+9,K.pl anes+6,K.dung/religion+3,Linguistics+3,SenseMotive+5,Survival+2,Sense+6,Swi m+8
Human (Tien) male Samurai (Yojimbo) 4 | Treasure | -

The ninja's reappearance changes a bit Yuto's actions, and instead of sheathing the katana, he moves a bit further and slices at it while still hurrying up to leave the ship.

The pressure of the fire makes him to drop a bit his usual carefulness and make a hasted attack "Don't be a fool, jump with us out of the ship and safe your life!"
Katana+naturalist: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Bodyguard on Torra:

Katana+naturalist: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 = 21
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
+3 AC to Torra vs the ninja attack

HP 40/40 AC 22 TAC 13
naturalist (+1 AC)


M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

Seeing Riftun heroically drag the burning figure out of the fire, Andy nods and is about to assist him when the last thug reappears and shanks Torra. He grimaces when both their counterattacks miss and he charges the last figure in hopes of knocking him out as well!

Charge, same as above, flank if Yuto could move west one square during his turn/strike +2?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
damage, non-lethal: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

Round 4 Wrap-Up

Oops, I forgot the readied attack, Torra.

Torra is prepared when the attack strikes her - she turns and blasts the ninja with an explosive burst of earth, causing him to shriek in sudden pain as his bones crack beneath the sudden force. He is staggered, barely keeping on his feet.

Yuto rushes forwards in turn, slashing with his katana and knocking the ninja off his feet in a spray of blood.

Combat Over

Statuses:

Yuto: HP 37/40, AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19, CMD 19, resolve 2/2, challenge 2/2, honor in all things 1/1
Torra: HP 26/42 (NL 8/30), AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12, DR 4/adamantine, Burn 2
Andochtuir: HP 36/36, AC 27, touch 12, flat-footed 26, CMD 17, Strength Mutagen 29 minutes, heightened awareness 29 minutes, shield 3 minutes
Riftun: HP 27/27, AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14, CMD 10, Bardic Performance 12/15, Lore Master 1/1, mirror images 4 minutes
All Naturalist Bardic Performance

The fires crackle, slowly eating away at the ship. The heroes have to act fast, should they wish to take anything else - including prisoners.

Remember that there's also an enchanted helm just inside the hatch down into the hold.


HP 40/40 AC 21 TAC 12 FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +6 R +3 W +4 | Challenge: 1/2 Resolve: 2/2 Honor: 1/1 | Ini: +2 | Senses: +8
Skills:
Acro+6,Bluff+4,Climb+13,Diplo+5,HandleA+6,Intim+5,K.history/nobility+9,K.pl anes+6,K.dung/religion+3,Linguistics+3,SenseMotive+5,Survival+2,Sense+6,Swi m+8
Human (Tien) male Samurai (Yojimbo) 4 | Treasure | -

Sheathing the katana, Yuto makes sure Andochtuir took the helm, then takes the ninja Riftun is holding and helps him bring him out of the deck "A worthy act of honor saving this person, but perhaps we do not have time for this Riftun San!"

The Tian rushes trying to help everyone jump back to the kayak before he abandons the vessel in flames the last one.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
She/they Dwarf Kineticist 4 | HP 48/48 (8 NL) | AC 17/13/14| DR 4/adamantine | F +10 R +7 W +4 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Init +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Perception +9; Darkvision 60'

Getting back into the flimsy kayak was not something that Torra relished, but it was much preferable to being roasted alive, so the dwarf hustles as fast as she can to get into the small vessel and push away from the burning ship. It is difficult not to feel dejected - they hadn't found either of the things they were looking for, and the ambush raised many questions.


M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

Andochtuir tries to quickly put out the flames on the presumably still alive ninja, quickly gauging whether healing him or her with the cure wand was needed begore handing off the prisoner to Yuto. Just in case he grabbed the presumably dead ninja whose throat the samurai had just slit and lowered himself back into the boat, making use of his enhanced strength to his fullest extent.

Once there, he glances up to the rapidly kindling ship and makes to paddle away before their boats were lighted to the Ulfen standing watch. He was glad to have taken the magical items as Riftun had pointed them out during their seach, as well as the axe. But...

"This mission was somehow compromised... we should probably head to the safegouse early the next day and seek out Ukhsahkka. I fear something bad might have happened to her - if she were not the one to betray us," He mutters, the reflection of fire clear on his narrowed eyes.


Loot List | Terrain Map | Encounter Maps | Caravan

GM Rolls:

Fort vs. DC 15: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 5 = -2

Andochtuir Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

The surviving - and flaming - ninja is badly burned, but extinguishing her takes a few moments. A quick glance over her reveals that she's still dying. A bit longer spent on her might stabilize her wounds, but the fires creep ever closer.

You can use the roll above to stabilize her, but that does take a little longer... probably not long enough that it's a risk you'll be burned, but still. Worth considering.

Alarmingly, the kayaks that the heroes came with aren't present any more - the ropes that they were tied to the ship with were cut away, presumably by the ninja. Fortunately, there are two small rafts that the ninja must have used floating relatively close by.

It'd be a DC 10 Swim check to get there easily, but a penalty of -5 for whoever is carrying the ninja. Since you're all under endure elements, the frigidity of the water won't impact you until long after you've managed to dry yourselves off.


M Half-Elf Fighter 1, Alchemist 3 (Surgeon, Vivi). Hp 36/36, AC 21/FF20/T12. Saves: F+7, Ref +6, W+6 (+2 vs charm/comp.). Att +8, 1d10+7(18-20/x2). SA +2d6. Reach 10 ft, AoO 3/turn. CMB +8, CMD 19. Perc. +11, Init +4. Imm. Sleep. Cond.: none.

Seeing a freezing swim in front of him where he expected to see their boats, Andochtuir grimaces and takes a shortcut healing the unconscious ninja. If nothing else, she or he was about to take a plunge in frigid water and being already badly beated and burned the drastic switch in temperature might just give her a heart attack...

Wand of Cure light to stabilize unconscious ninja and heal him/her slightly: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Trusting Yuto to be a superior swimmer after a very quick parley, Andy takes the swim himself.

Swim, Mutagen +2, armor now masterwork +1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

...But the river is just a little too rough, and he begins reaching for his potion sponge with his alchemical swimming aid as the Half-elf begins going under...

3,051 to 3,100 of 3,235 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Journey of a Thousand Miles (Jade Regent AP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.