[Outpost IV, PFS1e] 6-18 From under Ice (Inactive)

Game Master Mustaparta


51 to 100 of 136 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

M LG Catfolk Emissary Cavalier 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +6, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Challenge 1/1 | Active conditions: None

”Indeed - and what would Iomedae think of such dishonorable behavior?”

Diplomacy to Aid vs DC 10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Uoralveren continues his talk with Halvor. "It'll just bring more death and pain."

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

"All right, you win this one. Tomorrow we will go to Dalun to talk with them. Now get to sleep." Halvor growls

On the morning you board your own ship and dozen warriors will follow you in their longship. [ooc]Halvor also gives you two potions of resist energy (cold).[/b]

As the PCs travel into Irrisen, the temperature drops dramatically, falling to well below freezing. In the distance, log cabins march across the snowy fields, walking on knobby wooden legs. During the trip, you see a winter wolf on the north bank, following the boat, but it leaves after a while.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (2 of 9 used)

I can only hope we averted a battle this time, but I suspect we will need hard proof or the hostilities will follow with more zeal.

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

Stone cliffs mark the border of Irrisen on the northern bank. Chill winds send flurries of snow over the edge, landing in the river and on the grassy bank of the southern shore where maple trees fight the icy doom of Irrisen’s endless winter. A long, narrow cart path winds its way up the side of the cliff from the docks to Dalun’s iron gates.

As you approach Halvor's face turns red and he begins to shake with rage. He turns to you and says “To approach in peace, after all the witches have done…”

DC 15 Sense Motive check:
Diplomacy check is hard in this situation and other skills are easier. He can be convinced not to attack with DC 25 Diplomacy check. You could invent plausible reasons not to attack with a successful DC 15 Bluff check. The PCs can instead use a successful DC 15 Intimidate check with a reason why the Ulfen should fear the consequences of the raid to convince Halvor not to issue the order to attack.

Sovereign Court

M LG Catfolk Emissary Cavalier 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +6, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Challenge 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Sense Motive vs DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

”...would be the honorable thing to do,” Sir Maximilien replies firmly. ”Or would you prefer to showcase dishonorable conduct and that your feelings are more important than the agreements you have made? That is no way to honor the trust of your warriors.”

Diplomacy vs DC 25: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Diplomacy, Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"Yes, honor. War only brings death and destruction." Uoralveren listens to Sir Maximillien, supporting what he says.

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

Halvor stares at Sir Maximilien and Uoralveren in amazement. "I have to congratulate you cat-man and elf, your argument is so convincing and compelling that people of Dalun certainly deserve an offer of peace." he lowers his weapon.

When your approach the city gate, guards ask who you are and what business you have.

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Uoralveren will show the guards the travel documents. "We are here to explore a ruin north of the city. We need to stop in to rest and resupply before heading north.". He keeps it relatively vague and hopes the guards don't ask too many questions.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

Guards allow you entrance to Dalun without any trouble.

The grey stone buildings of Dalun stand huddled together, as if the stonework was attempting to withstand the cold. Snowy cobblestone streets lead to a tall white spire in the center of town, its sharp point piercing the blue sky; an icy sheen covers the surface, glistening in the muted sunlight.
Colorfully dressed merchants stand out against the blue, grey and white clothing worn by the citizens of Irrisen, who trot through the white cobblestone streets with immediacy. The occasional ice troll lumbers along, giving non-Jadwiga humans a disdainful snarl.

Haltani mentions the names of several prominent Jadwiga merchants with whom they can trade, including Alexei Kartov, a respected jeweler. With a successful DC 20 Diplomacy or Profession (merchant) check, the PCs negotiate a favorable deal on the trade goods.

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Uoralveren looks around, distracted by the ice trolls and the Jadwiga humans. "Interesting town," he says outloud to no one in particular.

Though he's from the north, Uoralveren never met a Jadwiga (or another human for that matter) until he had reached adulthood. He had only heard stories of the Jadwigas of Irrisen. Maybe it's the reputation they had with his tribe or maybe it's that Uoralveren has spent too much time in Absalom, but he's a bit stiff when talking with the merchants.

"Hi. Uhhh. We are... looking to trade?" He asks Alexei. "What... uhhh... do you ... have."

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M LG Catfolk Emissary Cavalier 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +6, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Challenge 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Diplomacy to Aid vs DC 10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

"What my companion means to say is that your reputation precedes you, good sir." Sir Maximilien steps in smoothly to cover for Uoralveren's sudden case of nervousness.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 2 Init+3 HP 21/21 AC 16 T 12 FF14 Fort+2 Ref+5 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

Evelyn has too much rough edges to speak carefully in a crowd, and she hasn't a mercantile soul.

Sailors are more known for cursing than for their polite ways, and Besmara followers closest thing to commerce is to take what they can when they need it.

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

After talking with the mercant Haltani asks you to speak to Baroness Nadya, the ruler of Dalun, to gain her permission to travel farther north. "I can't come to meeting this time, as I have other business to attend to in Dalun, but you should tell the Baroness that “Haltani sends her regards.”

Baroness Nadya can easily be found outside her palace, seated in a garden whose “foliage” is intricately sculpted out of ice. The guards demand that the PCs lay down their weapons and explain why they would dare to enter the Baroness’s presence without invitation.

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Uoralveren lifts an eyebrow when Haltani leaves. "Wonder where she is off to."

"Beautiful garden, your baroness. We humbly request your permission to travel further north. My compatriots and I are Pathfinders and have discovered a potential site we want to investigate just north of here." He bows in front of the Baroness, laying down his weapons in the process. "We have travel papers, if you would like to see."

Is the Baroness a Jadwiga human?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Sovereign Court

M LG Catfolk Emissary Cavalier 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +6, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Challenge 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"Our companion Haltani sends her kindest regards as well," Sir Maximilien adds with a low bow.

Diplomacy to Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (2 of 9 used)

Ecthelien will add what he can to the discussion

”Indeed. We seek only knowledge and for our mutual benefit. “

Diplomacy aid : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

Yes, she's a Jadwiga

The Baroness and her guards seem wary at first, but when Sir Maximilien mentions Haltani's regards, she becomes friendlier and wishes you safe travel.

Forests of evergreens open to a vast, relatively featureless snowy plain, making navigation difficult. Traveling to the dig site requires three hours of marching through the snow and a successful DC 18 Survival check to avoid getting lost.
Each PC must attempt a Fortitude save (DC 15, +1 per previous check) each hour to resist the cold and arctic winds. Each time a PC fails a Fortitude save, she takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage, which cannot be healed until she enters a warmer area. A cold-weather outfit grants a +5 circumstance bonus on these Fortitude saves.

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Uoralveren has Cold Resistance 5. Does that help at all?

Uoralveren waves goodbye to the Baroness. "She was lovely. That ice garden was beautiful, don't you think?"

---------

Traveling through the snow, Uoralveren feels like he's at home.

Survival 18: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

But being in Absalom has made him soft. "Not sure exactly where we are going. Can anyone help?"

Fortitude, 1st hour: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Fortitude, 2nd hour: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Fortitude, 3rd hour: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Non-lethal: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2) = 9

Being in Absalom has really soften him up. His teeth chatter as he bundles up.

Sovereign Court

M LG Catfolk Emissary Cavalier 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +6, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Challenge 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Fortitude, Cold Weather Gear vs DC 15: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 5 = 11
Fortitude, Cold Weather Gear vs DC 16: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 5 = 16
Fortitude, Cold Weather Gear vs DC 17: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 5 = 17

Nonlethal damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Sir Maximilien shivers, easily getting turned around in the featureless snow. The next few hours find him silent and frowning beneath his furred hood.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (2 of 9 used)

Ecthelien would be casting endure elements each day

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 2 Init+3 HP 21/21 AC 16 T 12 FF14 Fort+2 Ref+5 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

Fort save DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Fort save DC 16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Fort save DC 17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

GM: I asked for a set of warm clothes before we left the boat (17 february post). Will this give a bonus to saves?

NL dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Evelyn manages to keep warm, probably because of the set of furred clothes she bought before leaving the boat

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

Cold resistance decreases damage from failed saves so with cold resistance 5 you take only 1 point of nl damage on roll of 6. Warm clothes give a +5 circumstance bonus to saves
Haltani helps Uoralveren to navigate and you manage to find to the dig site.

As the vast plains give way to rugged hills, the ground becomes hard and icy. An enormous rocky mound protrudes from the ground, covered in ice and snow. On the northeast side of the mound, thick walls of ice cascade down the side of the hill like a miniature glacier. Two shapeless stone monoliths stand near the base of the mound.

Next task is to break through the ice wall on the ground, or through one of several collapsed pieces of ceiling that have also frozen over in thick layers of ice.

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Uoralveren would have taken no damage then.

"Wonder what those monoliths are." Uoralveren asks no one in particular. "Well, how do you guys want to go about doing this? Just start hacking away?"

Sovereign Court

M LG Catfolk Emissary Cavalier 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +6, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Challenge 1/1 | Active conditions: None

”We also have the blackfire bricks the venture-captain provided,” the catfolk suggests.

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

"Right, right. Let's do that. Sounds so much easier than actually doing physical labor."

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

With a DC 15 Knowledge (engineering) check you can use the clay more efficiently and accomplish the task in only 1 hour. The blackfire clay produces substantial heat; PCs who stand near to the melting wall no longer have to roll Fortitude saves to resist cold, and are capable of healing any nonlethal damage they sustained on the journey.

If no one succeeds, it takes 2 hours

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Do not have Knowledge (engineering). Don't mind taking a bit longer as Uoralveren has cold resistance.

Uoralveren pulls out the clay. "Uh, does anyone know how to work with this?"

Sovereign Court

M LG Catfolk Emissary Cavalier 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +6, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Challenge 1/1 | Active conditions: None

”I had assumed you just put the bricks down and let the heat do the work,” Sir Maximilien admits sheepishly. ”Is there a better way?”

Also no Knowledge (history) here.

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

Two hours pass and after the ice is melted, a winter wolf appears.

"Adventurers! Do you know who that woman, who calls herself "Haltani", really is? Her actual name is Uliyara and she is daughter of baroness Nadya, the ruler of Dalun. If you surrender her to me, I'll let you continue whatever you were planning to accomplish. If you fight, then prepare to face the wrath of my entire pack!" it howls

Place tokens on slide 3

Sovereign Court

M LG Catfolk Emissary Cavalier 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +6, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Challenge 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Sir Maxililien's hand rests openly on the hilt of his sword. "If she wished to be known by that name, she would have told us so," he answers boldly. "Likewise, if she wished to travel with you she would have told us. Back down now, while you still have your life, or we will defend both her honor and our own with force."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

If enough other people feel otherwise, feel free to overrule Maximilien.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (2 of 9 used)

”You have no claim on her. We advise you To return to your home and take your hounds with you.“

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Uoralveren looks closely at the winter wolf and tries to determine its intentions.

"Surrender her to you? We do not deal in slavery or anything of the like. Nor do we deal in war."

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

"Fine! Have it your way then!" the wolf roars and attacks.

Init (Rigrory): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Init (Haltani/Uliyara): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Init (Sir Maximilien): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Init (Uoralveren): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Init (Evelyn): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Init (Ecthelien): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Haltani begins singing. Inspire courage (+1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls)

Ecthelien
Uoralveren
Evelyn

Rigrory
Sir Maximilien

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 2 Init+3 HP 21/21 AC 16 T 12 FF14 Fort+2 Ref+5 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Evelyn let the other do the talking.

She does the searching, trying to see or hear other wolves, or if the winter wolf is bluffing

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Uoralveren starts singing ancient Ilverani war songs. His voice is clear and steady.

Standard action: activate raging song - Inspired Devotion

All allies gain a +1 competence bonus on attack rolls and a +1 morale bonus on saving throws.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (2 of 9 used)

Ecthelien sighs as he moves into position

”Very well. “

Arcane fire arc 30’

Fire: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 1 = 11 dc 12 for half

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 2 Init+3 HP 21/21 AC 16 T 12 FF14 Fort+2 Ref+5 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

Evelyn waits to see where the wolf attacks, and readies herself to strike.. or defend herself

delays until wolf moves

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

"Argghhh, wizard burnnss mmee!" the wolf yelps in pain Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Breath weapon: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7 cold damage, Reflex save DC 14
Wolf breathes frost at Evelyn, Uoralveren, Sir Maximilien and Haltani.

Haltani's reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Ecthelien
Uoralveren
Evelyn
Rigrory
Sir Maximilien

Sovereign Court

M LG Catfolk Emissary Cavalier 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +6, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Challenge 1/1 | Active conditions: None

With the luck of a cat, Sir Maximilien tries to twist away from the wolf’s icy blast...

Reflex, Inspired Devotion vs DC 14: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
Reflex, Inspired Devotion vs DC 14: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

...but he is unprepared and frost clings to his armor. ”Very well then, cur,” he snarls, drawing his sword and advancing through the snow. ”For the Society!”

Longsword, Power Attack, IC: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 1 + 1 = 20
Slashing damage, PA, IC, Challenge: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 12

Using Cat’s Luck on the saving throw (to no effect XD), then moving to the wolf (drawing weapon as part of movement), Challenge as a swift action, and attacking as a standard action. Because of the Challenge, Sir Maximilien’s AC is currently 21 vs the wolf and 18 vs anything else.

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Reflex save, Inspired Devotion: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 22

Saved for half damage. But Uoralveren has Cold Resistance 5, so takes no damage

"Aha! Don't be a fool Winter Wolf!"

Remember, everyone gains a +1 morale bonus on saves.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 2 Init+3 HP 21/21 AC 16 T 12 FF14 Fort+2 Ref+5 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

Ref saves: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24

Evelyn dodges some of the cone of cold, then moves toward the wolf, rapier in hand, moving swiftly around the beast to a more advantageous position

acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Rapier, Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The blade darts and bites too

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (2 of 9 used)

Getting on a plane so posting ahead in case turn comes up

Ecthelien tries another fire blast to arc to the wolf

Fire arc : 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 1 = 9 dc 12 for half

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Assuming it's back to Uoralveren's turn.

Uoralveren continues chanting in the ancient Ilverani battle hymns (free action to continue raging song). He then steps up (five foot step) and swings his spear.

Inspire Devotion: all allies gain a +1 competence bonus on attack rolls and a +1 morale bonus on saving throws.

mwk Elven Branched Spear, inspire devotion: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

Badly burned wolf drops lifeless on the ground. End of combat.

"Thank you for saving me, though I must admit that wolf was right about my identity. My real name is Uliyara and I had to use cover identity because of prejudices Jadwiga face from Ulfen. But you have earned my trust." Uliyara speaks

Intricate gilded stonework adorns the entrance, and a complex marble mosaic paves the floor. Arrow slits flank the north and south sides of the hall, but the north side has collapsed and is choked with rubble. On the eastern end, two 10-foot-tall marble statues of armored dwarves flank a fresco depicting an opulent throne room. The faces of the statues have been broken off.

Ice covers the floor. Characters must spend 2 squares of movement to enter a square covered by ice, and the DC for Acrobatics checks on surfaces covered by ice increases by 5.

Sovereign Court

M LG Catfolk Emissary Cavalier 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +6, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Challenge 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Sir Maximilien pulls out a cleaning cloth and wipes the blood off his sword in the snow. ”A dishonorable end for a dishonorable creature.” When he is finished, he sheathes the blade and turns to their guide. ”I do not like being lied to, but your caution is warranted in these circumstances. I accept your apology.”

Turning his attention to the uncovered ruin, the knight begins to slowly make his way across the icy floor towards the statues.

Grand Lodge

Uoralveren | Male CG Medium Skald (Twilight Speaker) 2 HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +2 | Perc +7 | Init +5 | 30ft | spells 1: 3/3 | Active Conditions: Raging Song (10/13)

Uoralveren nods at Sir Maximilien. "Agreed. We do accept your apology. But please no more lies or misinformation. Do you know what to expect in here?"

He follows Sir Maximilien inside, slowly, hoping nothing more will jump out.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (2 of 9 used)

Ecthelien will use his arcane pool to dimensional slide 30’ closer past the ice.

Silver Crusade

#6-18 From under Ice

Perception DC 20:
You find a hidden switch which opens a secret door. A masterwork heavy steel shield and an ivory-handled heavy crossbow lie discarded on the floor.

Sovereign Court

M LG Catfolk Emissary Cavalier 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +6, Low-light Vision | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Challenge 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Perception vs DC 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

”They seem... well built.” Sir Maximilien tries not to shiver from the cold.

51 to 100 of 136 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Outpost IV, PFS1e] 6-18 From under Ice All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.