Game Master S's "Devastation Ark"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS
HANDOUTS | CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Sunrise Maiden | Ship Roles |

Initiative:

[dice=Hostiles]d20[/dice]
[dice=Booker]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gig]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Janzi]d20+1[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Booker]d20+16[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+14[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
[dice=Gig]d20+14[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+18[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
--->[dice=Hum]d20+19[/dice] (Blindsense (sound), LLV, and DV 60'
[dice=Janzi]d20+23[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Booker]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Gig]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Torin]d20+6[/dice]


901 to 950 of 1,578 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Of course, the most important piece of information to come out of the Worldseed is the fact that the ancient ship transmitted a homing signal to another sivv vessel, one designed to hold a great number of citizens of the Sivv Dominion in stasis. From what the PCs have seen of that civilization’s cruel ways, such news is worthy of concern. Unfortunately, there’s no way to tell whether or not Ark Prime received the signal, or if it did, whether or not any sivvs remain alive within. These questions will soon be answered, however.

It doesn't take long before Eisyfina Nott requests that you stay within the Pact Worlds system awhile as your findings are examined by AbadarCorp. Two days later, you receive an encoded transmission from Ms. Nott, asking you to meet with her at AbadarCorp’s headquarters on Absalom Station to help plan a possible defense against Ark Prime should it answer the signal.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

As you wrap up your shopping in the Pack Worlds, you get an alert on your comm unit. Checking the vid message it looks like it was blasted out to the five of you.

Ms. Nott’s worried face appears on the view screen. "I’m glad you’ve all safe, please come back to Absalom Station RIGHT AWAY. Now we get to wonder if what’s happening was somehow started by our expeditions into Jedarat’s ruins, or if we just stumbled across something bigger than us. I suspect we won’t like the answer no matter what it ends up being. If you haven't, check the infosphere news..."

You have until Monday Nov, 29 to get back to the station!


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It wastes no time searching the infosphere. He starts with the public sections of it, then the the dark infosphere.
Computers, take 10 for 39


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

BREAKING NEWS!

A massive ship has entered Pact Worlds Space. It is of unknown origin and all divination magic has failed to identify the ship. We are just now getting a visual. We turn now to our panel of expert pundits for more.

Hack-it decides in about 6.2 seconds that the pundits are making him dumber, so he mutes it. When they cut to the visual, he gets a sinking feeling that he knows exactly what the ship is.


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

"Well, at least we don't hav'to go lookin' for it," Booker shrugs, warming up the Maiden's drift engine. Friendly reminder to GM that our drive halves drift travel time.


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

"What do you think, Hack? Are we in trouble having a ship like this in our system? I bet their sound system is not as good as the Maiden's. Either way, I suspect we are going to be needed."


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It shrugs. "Just be thankful that I'm not interested in keeping this one."

Hack-It nabbed the ability crystal (for Dex) and bought himself a Mk 1 synaptic accelerator (Con). He's ready.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Devastation Ark
Book 2: The Starstone Blockade

Ms. Nott’s worried face appears on the view screen. “I’m glad you’ve arrived safely. Now we get to wonder if what’s happening was somehow started by our expeditions into Jedarat’s ruins, or if we just stumbled across something bigger than us. I suspect we won’t like the answer no matter what it ends up being."

“You’ve probably heard the news already, but just to make sure we’re all on the same page: a huge ship has shown up in Pact Worlds space, and all our projections show it moving toward Absalom Station. Everything we’ve sent out to make contact with the vessel has been destroyed. None of them stood a ghost of a chance.” Ms. Nott presses her lips into a frown. “This station isn’t like the Idari; it never had the capacity to move out of the way. If this ship is hostile, and everything suggests that it is, I don’t know where that leaves us. I don’t know where that leaves the Pact Worlds."

“It probably won’t surprise you to hear that the Pact Council Directorate has convened to discuss the issue. I’d like you to speak to them on what you learned. Don’t worry.” She raises her hand. “I’ll take care of the particulars— political, legal, whatever you need. I think you’re the people with the most knowledge in the system about whatever is approaching us, even if that information isn’t much, and I think the Directorate needs to be as informed as they possibly can be. I’m not the only one, either. I just got a call from a priest of Eloritu Mysticism checks to know about them—I have no idea how she got on my personal line—claiming she saw you in one of her divinations. She insisted that you have crucial knowledge for the approaching threat. I didn’t ask much after that. I’ve found that when it comes to Eloritu, asking questions only gets you more questions in response. It’s aggravating, is what it is."

“It’s not as though she asked me to do anything I wasn’t planning to already,” Ms. Nott adds. “I know some of you might have had other motives in accepting my first contract. If you need further motivation now, name a price, and AbadarCorp will pay it as soon as the station is safe again. This isn’t just about responsibility or public safety; this is personal. For those of us whose ancestors came from Golarion, this is all that's left of our home."

She looks directly into the screen, "Meet me at the Golden Vault."


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Take 10 on Mysticism for 37 on the wannabe Bene Jeserit priest of Eloritu.

Janzi looks expectantly at Hack-It, knowing the price he names will be exorbitant.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Eloritu, also known as the Hidden Truth, is a deity of magic widely worshiped across the galaxy long before the Pact Worlds were established. His teachings suggest that magic is the only way to break the barriers of physics; that magic should be an obscure, arcane practice; and that history's value applies to both the past and future. While he does not oppose technology and views it as another way to see the universe's mysteries, he considers it too limited by the laws of physics. Due to Eloritu's place as a god of history and secrets, some believe that he played a role in Golarion's disappearance and the Gap that masks why it vanished.

According to Eloritu's priests, he hails from a place called Gemmenad, of which only the name and nothing else is known

Eloritu is worshipped by many spellcasters as the god of magic, and by historians, kasathas and archaeologists who seek to understand the past. Many of them are Starfinders, whose work involves semi-regularly uncovering secrets. Eloritu's temples are also academies and institutions of magic, which are often hidden and have to be discovered by aspirants.

Eloritu is amoral, unconcerned with the struggles of ideology.


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

"I don't know about these guys, but I want my own ship. That'll be my price. Agree to that, and I'll do this for you."


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

"Done. So long as the price tag of the ship is no greater than 1,000,000 credits.... and you survive to collect the reward."

She stays calm as she says this. "I'm authorized to offer you 1,000,000 credits each."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

"That's what I'm talking about! A million credits each! That's just what I need to secure my next tour! This will also give me some material to write my next suite."

Gig scratches his chin for a second.

"Hmm. Now what was the part you said about everything you've sent to make contact with it has been destroyed?"


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Six million credits for saving the pact Worlds, Janzi says. I dunno. Seems a little light, doesn't it?

Telepathically, he continues to his companions. Then again, if we don't succeed, we're not likely to be around to spend it, yeah? So...


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker shrugs. "That'll do," he replies. Frankly, he would be hard pressed to spend that much money anyway. He'd get bored. And he'd get bored sitting this one out, reward or no reward.

"The Maiden could use a re-fit, though, if you're willin' to kick in some funds for that up front."

The Sunrise Maiden is still a Tier 13 starship. Requesting enough BP to upgrade to a Tier 15 starship.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

"You gotta pair Booker. I know civilization is at risk, but this is AbadarCorp.... this is our religion." I'll need a Diplomacy check here.


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

He does have a point, though, Janzi chimes in. You want us to succeed. Hells, we want us to succeed. But to have a chance against a technology we have no idea about, we need to have our best shot at it. That means upgrading the Maiden to give us that chance. Cos, if we don't, those extra credits you're afraid of giving up won't do you a nullspace full of neutrons.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (5) + 28 = 33

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

I'm in it for one million, sure. And, do we have time to refit the Maiden? End of civilization type stuff usually has a pretty tight timetable, right?


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

"Fine. FINE. Only because we understand that a reward is no good if you aren't around to use it."


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

"I'll send the dockyard the orders now," Booker nods, tapping the necessaries into his pad.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

As you travel through the station, you quickly realize that talk of the mysterious alien starship is everywhere. News reports indicate it recently “jettisoned” an aftward piece of its hull as it passed the system’s gas giants; calculations predict that the secondary section will soon enter a similar orbit as Hibb around Liavara. Both this section and the main vessel have attacked any ships that have gotten close, and even exploratory missions sent by the Stewards have been shot down. Approaching craft have been fired upon by a massive fleet of drones that seem to appear out of nowhere and then disappear just as quickly. Currently, a fleet of Eoxian starships have engaged in a protracted hit-and-run fight against the ancient vessel, having disobeyed direct orders from their government; they’ve lasted the longest so far, but consensus is that they’re doomed. The intruding ship seems impossible to destroy, and the entire system is on edge.

Absalom Station’s residents are clearly nervous, but for now, daily life continues unchanged.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

by the golden 10-story-tall logo on the skyscraper’s side. The building’s public entrance opens onto a vast cathedral-like bank, which is still bustling despite the looming sivv threat. Dozens of congregants sit in comfortable pews, praying to Abadar for salvation; on the other side of the space, secular clerks attempt to calm panicked customers attempting to withdraw the entireties of their savings. Despite the tense mood, there’s a sense of hope as the people here put their trust into their god. Before you can ask where to find Ms. Nott, a pair of security personnel recognizes you and escorts them to a well-furnished office several flights up.

Ms. Nott greets you when you enter. Another woman sits in a sleek hoverchair wearing a slender, three-piece black suit that sparkles with distant stars around the sleeves; a light blue scarf frames her face, and a pair of light-gray gloves covers her hands. Ms. Nott introduces the woman as Cambrisa Jun, a priest of Eloritu, and explains that we’ll all soon go to the Plenara—the stepped dome that serves as the capitol building of the Pact Worlds— where you can present your findings to the Directorate, the elected committee that makes pressing decisions for the Pact Council. If you'd like to ask questions without Politian's present, now's your chance."


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

"Feel like you've got questions for us, not the other way 'round," Booker comments, taking a draw on his cigarette. "But I'm curious. What d'ja see?" He directs this question at Jun.


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

"The big challenge seems to be approaching the vessel. I suspect we need to get up there and somehow break into that ship and somehow disable it. I wonder if we should create some sort of distraction. Do we have any other ideas on how we can get into it?"


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

"I've read everything the Starfinders have. and I don't know anything you don't. I asked the powers of magic and the universe for a solution to the mystery of the approaching ship, and it revealed you. I am not sure what more I can explain.”


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

"Typical. It's up to us to figure it out," Hack-It mutters. "Why we even ask questions to anyone else is a mystery, and a waste of time. Why else would they pay us a million credits each?"

Hack-It thinks for a moment. "If everyone is in cryo, that means that we're dealing with full automation protocols. If we want to get close, we need to be invisible to it. If we can somehow make the Maiden look like a drone, or maybe board one of them, then we'll be able to get inside and shut this whole thing off."

"Either way, you need whizzes like me," Hack-It briefly pauses before adding, "And Gig. Honestly, our cuts should be doubled."


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

"Woah! No way we're financing you approaching it right now. That would be a shocking loss on our investment. Nope. Nope. Let's get to the Counsel and see what they have to say."


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

It appears there's little to learn before your big meeting with the leadership of Absalom station. So without further ado, you head to the Planera. Immediately upon your arrival you're escorted up to the Star Chamber at the dome’s highest point to speak with the Directorate.

The thick magnetic doors open to reveal a room overlooking the entirety of Absalom Station’s Eye, the green expanse of Jatembe Park ringing the station’s most exclusive and prestigious buildings. A semicircle of chairs and desks sits opposed to the wall-spanning windows, each seat pointed at the triangular digital display that sits in the center of the room. The members of the Directorate turn as Eisyfina Nott enters, rearranging their chairs to face the arriving delegation in respect. A ryphorian councilor surreptitiously skirts behind the other Directorate members to murmur something to a seated kasatha, though the others ignore them both as a heavily augmented shirren moves to the front.

“Welcome,” the shirren says, her friendly voice suggesting a hint of robotic inflection. “We have been hoping you might grant us more insight into the current situation, for all our sakes.”

This scene is fantastically complex. It's going to take me a couple of days to get everything prepared for it.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Sorely lacking any context for the approaching ship, the Directorate is willing to put a cease to all current discussion and hear YOU out immediately. Due to your firsthand experiences and general expertise from your previous exploits, you have been invited to remain in the emergency session to advise the Directorate on their next moves.

The councilors want to protect the Pact Worlds, but being politicians, they have constituents and their personal biases in mind. They need your help in determining how to allocate a limited amount of resources (both on Absalom Station and throughout the system) to defend against the alien ship and to deal with the aftermath of the destruction it has already wrought.

While presenting the information you learned on Hibb to the Directorate, you can gain a sense of a councilor's concerns and motives from that councilor's questions and responses during the presentation. You also have a chance to use your expertise and social skills to sway councilors toward a certain point of view. Each of you can take up to five social actions during your presentation. The descriptions of these councilors (see Consiliorum Personae) list a variety of possible skills you can use to assess, discover, or influence the councilors.

Although the Directorate considers the situation a top-tier emergency, the Pact Worlds have limited forces to deploy. As you are the foremost experts on the threat that the system faces, the Directorate is willing to listen to any advice you provide on the situation, though not without a certain amount of pushback from invested members. The Directorate is keenly aware that it takes at least 1 day for communication to reach Absalom Station from anywhere in the galaxy and even more time for it to get back to other areas of the system, so they can’t respond to threats in real time. Any decisions made here are final, and WILL AFFECT STARFINDER CANON.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Social Actions Remaining:

Booker: 5/5
Dunklezahn: 5/5
Gig: 5/5
Hack-it: 5/5
Janzi: 5/5

Tasks Assessed:
Defending the Idari: NO
Rescuing the Eoxian Fleet: NO
Station Defenses: NO
Station Security: NO

Councilors Influenced:
Gevalarsk Nor: NO
Klendalikh: NO
Kumara Melacruz: NO
Lin Camulan: NO
Losifaran: NO
Milgan Nivaris Katchal Andar: NO
Zia Choh: NO


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

What does Gig need to do to assess Station Security?


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Assessing the Station Security involves overtly asking one of the Councilors. According to the Consiliorum Personae, Prime Executive Kumara Melacruz is the only one with all the information on the task. You just need to ask her for information and then take the Assess action using one of her listed skills. You know something of the situation already, allowing you to make an in character post.


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker is very uncomfortable among the Directorate. Tactics, ordinance, and maneuvering on the battlefield is one thing, but strategic deployment and logistics are entirely another. The room soon fills with an acrid blue smoke as he chains one cigarette after another.

He starts off where he is most comfortable: talking Station defense with the Director-General of the Stewards.

Piloting @ Assess Lin Camulan: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (9) + 30 = 39


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Booker assumes a kindred spirit in Camulan. He's not wrong as the conversation unfolds. Camulan prefers clear action and a clean line of command to politics and debate. He has no time for nonsense and becomes visibly frustrated by anyone who doesn’t appear to have enough expertise to make heavy decisions on topics at hand.

Success Booker recognizes that the Directorate is right to be concerned, as Ark Prime will likely reach Absalom Station before Pact Worlds forces can fully mobilize. Booker also surmises that the Armada is no match for Ark Prime, and risks must be taken to survive the approaching threat. Of course, failure to defend Absalom Station would have beyond catastrophic results, and so arguing for less defensive presence at Absalom Station is a daunting prospect. The directorate will listen to your suggestions on how to best handle the defenses, though moving fleets away from the station will be hard to negotiate.

When the time comes to face off against Ark Prime, Absalom Station will make a single check against a static DC. The Directorate will listen to your advice. Therefore your single check against a DC of 44 can be made with a party-wide skill check where you can each Aid another. For this task you can use Computers to coordinate the defense, Engineering to shore up fleet and station shields, or Piloting to devise optimal defensive formations. One fleet = +1 bonus to this roll. It's a little confusing now, but will make more sense later.

Social Actions Remaining:

Booker: 4/5
Dunklezahn: 5/5
Gig: 5/5
Hack-it: 5/5
Janzi: 5/5

Tasks Assessed:
Defending the Idari: NO
Rescuing the Eoxian Fleet: NO
Station Defenses: ASSESSED
Station Security: NO

Councilors Influenced:
Gevalarsk Nor: NO
Klendalikh: NO
Kumara Melacruz: NO
Lin Camulan: NO
Losifaran: NO
Milgan Nivaris Katchal Andar: NO
Zia Choh: NO


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Janzi rises slowly as Booker tries to determine a bit about the Absalom Station defenses. Thank you, one and all, for seeing the five of us at this hour, particularly with such short notice. I know how busy each of you must be.

As my colleagues and I see things, we have four main tasks to consider: Absalom Station security as the Ark Prime approaches, since we all know that there are elements that will attempt to take advantage of any perceived chaos; Absalom Station defenses, since we all know that this clearly is a key component of much of the Pact Worlds' survival; rescuing that renegade Eoxian fleet, since we all know that ensuring our numbers are as complete as possible is prudent; and of course, defending the Idari and the Kasathan way, since we all know the loss of that part of the Pact Worlds would be irreplaceable.

Now some of these are of utmost importance to each of you, and it falls to us to determine what the most judicious approach needs to be. As pointed out, each has value beyond a simple sequence.

But this is why we are here. Our role in this discussion is to attempt to determine the wisest course of action that can be discerned from the regrettably limited information we have available.

Janzi locks eyes with each councilor in turn. Choosing not to decide is not an option. We must act. This is where we find ourselves. Now. Shall we get to weighing the pros and cons?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (19) + 28 = 47


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Meta-gamey, but you have to pick a councilor Janzi.


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It looks over the assembled politicians with distaste. I can't believe I need to convince these idiots to listen to us, to actually work together to save their own skins.

He makes his way over to Milgan Nivaris Katchal Andar, the kasatha representative from the Idari. He glances at his wrist console, skimming through what's public regarding the man. "Hey Andar. Can I call you Andar? In my family, it's tradition to use short names only, so... let's just go with that."

"Anyhow, I figured you might be interested in understanding some of the technical details from the discoveries we made. Let me walk you through those in detail..." Hack-It launches into it, easily covering the engineering marvels with expert detail. He spends most of the time watching Andar, trying to assess the man.
Assess (Engineering) vs Andar: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (20) + 31 = 51


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)
Game Master S wrote:
Meta-gamey, but you have to pick a councilor Janzi.

Per Slack suggestion, I'll direct this to Zia Choh.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Zi Choh nods rhythmically to Janzi's words. The councilor pounds his hand on the desk in agreement with each point. Success

The techno-babble that passes between Hack-it and is gibberish to most, but the picture is grim indeed. Hack-it recognizes that the situation is far more dire than anyone in the Star Chamber realizes. The chance of a starship passing through the Idari’s orbit by accident is astronomically small, meaning that Ark Prime is deliberately pursuing the Idari as either a perceived power source or a perceived threat. Without a substantial escort fleet to divert Ark Prime from its course, the Idari is at substantial risk of going down in flames.

Contact Imminent
Social Actions Remaining:

Booker: 4/5
Dunklezahn: 5/5
Gig: 5/5
Hack-it: 4/5
Janzi: 4/5

Tasks Assessed:
Defending the Idari: ASSESSED
Rescuing the Eoxian Fleet: NO
Station Defenses: ASSESSED
Station Security: NO

Councilors Influenced:
Gevalarsk Nor: NO
Klendalikh: NO
Kumara Melacruz: NO
Lin Camulan: NO
Losifaran: NO
Milgan Nivaris Katchal Andar: NO
Zia Choh: 1 Success


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

Gig spends some time assessing Losifaran.

"How difficult do you think it would it be to rescue the Eoxian Fleet?"

Life Science: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (6) + 26 = 32

Next, Gig will assess Melacruz

"How challenging will it be to increase the Station Security?"

Culture: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Gig tries to get a feel for the Fleet situation, but it's far more complex and nuanced than he expected it to be. He's not entirely certain he's got his cheek pouches wrapped around it just yet Fail.

He finds the situation with the Prime Executive easier to digest. Gig realizes that while a few of the threatening groups are dangerous extremists, most of them are all talk and no action. With some official backing, the Stewards and other defenders can likely handle these groups. Without at least some military presence, the station might suffer internal catastrophe while fighting off external forces. Absalom Station can likely make do with a token military force, with the caveat that doing so means the station can’t be evacuated if something goes wrong. If the Directorate focuses too much on defense and not enough on offense, the need to evacuate in the future becomes a near certainty. Overall, keeping station forces to a reasonable minimum and focusing on riskier, yet more rewarding, scenarios is likely the better maneuver, but one that might not play well with the citizens of Absalom Station if publicized....

Contact Imminent
Social Actions Remaining:

Booker: 4/5
Dunklezahn: 5/5
Gig: 3/5
Hack-it: 4/5
Janzi: 4/5

Tasks Assessed:
Defending the Idari: ASSESSED
Rescuing the Eoxian Fleet: NO
Station Defenses: ASSESSED
Station Security: ASSESSED

Councilors Influenced:
Gevalarsk Nor: NO
Klendalikh: NO
Kumara Melacruz: NO
Lin Camulan: NO
Losifaran: NO
Milgan Nivaris Katchal Andar: NO
Zia Choh: 1 Success


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Janzi turns his attention to Gevalarsk Nor, trying to determine what's up with the Eoxian fleet. It's not customary for Eoxians to rush so swiftly to their own demise, he says. What motivated this lot, may I ask?

Take 10 on Sense Motive for 39.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Janzi's measured skill is impressive indeed. He can read Nor like a book. Janzi recognizes that if the Eoxian fleet could delay Ark Prime, Pact Worlds forces would have more time to mobilize. From that point, the Eoxians might be able to retreat to Absalom Station, further reinforcing the station defenses—but any attempt support the Eoxians puts the Pact Worlds ships in danger alongside the undead fleet.

Contact Imminent
Social Actions Remaining:

Booker: 4/5
Dunklezahn: 5/5
Gig: 3/5
Hack-it: 4/5
Janzi: 3/5

Tasks Assessed:
Defending the Idari: ASSESSED
Rescuing the Eoxian Fleet: ASSESSED
Station Defenses: ASSESSED
Station Security: ASSESSED

Councilors Influenced:
Gevalarsk Nor: NO
Klendalikh: NO
Kumara Melacruz: NO
Lin Camulan: NO
Losifaran: NO
Milgan Nivaris Katchal Andar: NO
Zia Choh: 1 Success


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

"This is a bloody s$~+-show," Hack-It mutters to Dunk in passing. "I don't know that these pompous bureaucrats have the brains to do anything right."

He takes a moment to study Lin Camulan, hoping to get a read on the Director-General
Sense Motive to Discover: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Hack-It is too distracted by the fact that these people seem to like Janzi. He just can't believe it.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Hack-it's confusion fails to net him any insight, getting only the briefest of looks from the others in the room. On his absolute best day he doesn't think he can hack their minds.

Contact Imminent
Social Actions Remaining:

Booker: 4/5
Dunklezahn: 5/5
Gig: 3/5
Hack-it: 3/5
Janzi: 3/5

Tasks Assessed:
Defending the Idari: ASSESSED
Rescuing the Eoxian Fleet: ASSESSED
Station Defenses: ASSESSED
Station Security: ASSESSED

Councilors Influenced:
Gevalarsk Nor: NO
Klendalikh: NO
Kumara Melacruz: NO
Lin Camulan: NO
Losifaran: NO
Milgan Nivaris Katchal Andar: NO
Zia Choh: 1 Success


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

BOTTING FOR JANZI

As the debate continues, Janzi steps back for a moment to take stock of the exchanges. He pays particular attention to the contributions of the Idari representative, Andar, trying to get a sense of what makes her tick.

Sense Motive to Discover @ Andar: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (2) + 29 = 31 FAIL

But he cannot get a bead on her. Instead, he turns his attention to the Triaxian, Choh...

Sense Motive to Discover @ Choh: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (13) + 29 = 42 SUCCESS

...and finds the winterborn easier to read.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Janzi does get some insight. He can tell that Choh respects individual prowess and skill. An understanding of the same can help, a lot. Complete skills for influence are Diplomacy or Sense Motive, Athletics, Profession (dancer), or Survival.

Contact Imminent
Social Actions Remaining:

Booker: 4/5
Dunklezahn: 5/5
Gig: 3/5
Hack-it: 3/5
Janzi: 1/5

Tasks Assessed:
Defending the Idari: ASSESSED
Rescuing the Eoxian Fleet: ASSESSED
Station Defenses: ASSESSED
Station Security: ASSESSED

Councilors Influenced:
Gevalarsk Nor: NO
Klendalikh: NO
Kumara Melacruz: NO
Lin Camulan: NO
Losifaran: NO
Milgan Nivaris Katchal Andar: NO
Zia Choh: 1 Success

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Dunklezahn steps forward and begins describing their encounters with the enemy, which devolves into him demonstrating with the Spear of Golarion some of his best attack moves.

Athletics: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (18) + 27 = 45


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Dunk speaks the Councilor's language. The ryphorian slams their fist into their hand. Dunk knows that he's found a kindred spirit.

Contact Imminent
Social Actions Remaining:

Booker: 4/5
Dunklezahn: 4/5
Gig: 3/5
Hack-it: 3/5
Janzi: 1/5

Tasks Assessed:
Defending the Idari: ASSESSED
Rescuing the Eoxian Fleet: ASSESSED
Station Defenses: ASSESSED
Station Security: ASSESSED

Councilors Influenced:
Gevalarsk Nor: NO
Klendalikh: NO
Kumara Melacruz: NO
Lin Camulan: NO
Losifaran: NO
Milgan Nivaris Katchal Andar: NO
Zia Choh: 2 Successes


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

BOTTING JANZI

After a bit with Choh, Janzi sidles over to Melacruz. In signature Janzi style, he launches into a conversation about peanut brittle for some reason.

Sense Motive (Discover) @ Melacruz: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (16) + 29 = 45

901 to 950 of 1,578 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Game Master S's "Devastation Ark" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.