Ærde: Lost and Found in the City of Wonders

Game Master Jibril Johan Sameh

On the north western edge of Al Aimtidad, the anvil desert, sits the jewel of the world, the city of Zhayalammar. It is the ancient city of invention, horror, passion, and sorcery.

The Narrative * City Map * Roll20 * Character Status * Lands Around Zhayalahmar * Known Power Groups * Gossamer House * Current Map * The Scoreboard


3,351 to 3,400 of 3,810 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>

male (he/him)

Current Map


Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 1 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +5 W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7 SM: +1 | SMB: +3, SMD: 14

It felt good to have the enchanted usriev back in his hands. Nodding his thanks as he reached past one of the shape-stealers and retrieved it from Cairee, the young hunter wasted no time in bringing it to a high guard, trying to ward off a furious slash of its claws, but it was all too much, too quickly. Dropping off the rope on the now rather crowded floor, retrieving his weapon, trying to ignore the face his opponent was showing him… he was too slow to block the attack and caught the claws on his left arm instead, the wicked talons ripping his flesh open almost from shoulder to wrist.

Sucking in a breath to keep from grunting in pain – he was loathe to give any satisfaction to a foe as foul as one that wore his face to cover its dark deeds – he launched into a counter-attack, using the heavy counter-weight at the butt of the spear’s shaft to whack it at its head… but it was no more than a feint, and as the creature brought its arm to bear to stop the blow Tymyhty obliged, spinning the spear horizontally to slash upwards into the creature’s stomach with the usriev’s long, wavy blade, spraying its blood in the air in a long arc.

Usriev vs evil clone, flanking with Cairee: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Dunno if this is the more damaged close or the other… if the former, this might come close to killing it? If it happens to fall, Tymyhty will take a step to threaten the remaining foes, in hopes of giving Dounia a breather.


male (he/him)

Tymythy slashed into the creature's centre mass. It folded forward over the usriev and looked him in the eye. Slowly, the mirror like features melted away as did the colour and the grey humanoid was left. It pulled itself back off Tymythy's spear point and spat grey blood into his face.

It collapsed and ceased to move.

Map and status should be updated


Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 1 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +5 W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7 SM: +1 | SMB: +3, SMD: 14

Right then…

Tymythy watched the creature he had cut open from crotch to chest fall, spitting blood on his face as a gesture of final defiance. Growling in disgust, the hunter stepped towards the remaining two shape-stealers who were pressuring Dounia.

”Foul beast, if you dare wear my face, come at me. I'll carve the false visage off your skull and present you with it!” he snarled, hoping to pull at least one of the two creatures to fight him instead.


Human Draconic Sorcerer/3 | HP 20/20 | Init +2 | AC14/F12/T13 | Mage armor AC18 | F+2 R+3 W+3 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | Spells per day: 1st 2/6 | Claws: 6/7rounds | SMB 7; SMD 17

Sorry, it was Snowball that she cast last round. I just forgot to state it

Zahra backed up against the far wall to get away from the action. She was trusting in Tymythy to protect them as usual so she put him in between the copies and her.

But she was still able to help even in her weakened state. She pointed at her imposter and one of the Tymythy's and little balls of force shot out of her fingers at the threat.

Casting Magic Missile

damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


HP 24/24 | AC 16/14/12 | F+3/R+6/W+2 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | Acro 10, climb 5, DD 13, EA 10, Init 6, Perc 7, SoH 8, SM 1, Stealth 10, Surv 8

Dounia gasped as claws tore viciously into her, making her resemble the fish she was being gutted like. Blood poured out of her leg and into her sandal, making her skid on the suddenly slick floor. Her free hand curled around her abdomen, terrified she was going to feel slippery coils of intestines between her fingers. Her guts seemed inclined to stay put, at least for now, so Dounia had to keep fighting.

Her breath harsh and hot, she braced herself against the wall and slashed across the standing imposter's face. It didn't get to look like her friend any more. She followed up with a second attack, trying to finish this before she passed out from lack of blood.

dagger AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
confirm crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
damage: 4 + 1d4 + 4 + 4d6 ⇒ 4 + (1) + 4 + (2, 6, 3, 6) = 26
I don't think she gets her SA damage, but just in case. The thing might be dead by now anyhow.


male (he/him)

Editing this for order of attacks as Dounia's AoO would go first

Dounia lashed out at the copy of Zahra and stuck her with a terrible wound. The creature turned ito its' grey form and collapsed dead.

With fake Zahra dead I'm putting both missiles on fake Tymythy

Zahra's silvery missiles shot unerringly across the small room, curving to pass between Dounia and Tymythy, only to impact the false Tymythy in the ribcage and under the jaw. (9hpd) Tymythy and Dounia watched as the second bolt briefly lit the creature's eyes white.

Dounia took the second of opportunity to stab the false Tymythy in the top of the thigh. Grey blood poured out and seemed to drain the colour from his face and body as he too finally collapsed! (Dounia's damage is enough but the AC was 15 so no confirmation and no flanking meant no SA damage)

It was over. The mirror produced no new copies. The Blackbirds had a moment to rest.

But what waited for them in the next room?


HP 24/24 | AC 16/14/12 | F+3/R+6/W+2 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | Acro 10, climb 5, DD 13, EA 10, Init 6, Perc 7, SoH 8, SM 1, Stealth 10, Surv 8

Dounia bent over, sweaty hair sticking to her forehead, her leg sticky with blood. "Tell me you got the key," she gasped.

If we have the key, don't use it yet, Dounia will want to search this room for hidden goals before we leave. She just needs a moment.


Human Draconic Sorcerer/3 | HP 20/20 | Init +2 | AC14/F12/T13 | Mage armor AC18 | F+2 R+3 W+3 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | Spells per day: 1st 2/6 | Claws: 6/7rounds | SMB 7; SMD 17

Zahra leaned heavily against the wall, grateful for a moment to collect herself. She felt like she'd lived a lifetime in the last little while and it would be a lot to process.

"Tymythy grabbed something on the other side but I didn't get a good look at it between dangling in the air and plummeting towards the floor."


Cairee passed Tymythy his spear and for a brief moment all she saw was the slash of claws and the whirl of the Spearman. And then it was over. The copies lay at their feet. Zahra and Dounia swayed on their feet, ragged and ready to fall over. The Cleric clasped her pendant and once again called on the power of her priestess to save them.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

Once she was sure it wouldn't hurt them, Cairee grabbed her friends into a hug. "Are you okay? What happened on the other side of the mirror?" She looked at the door nervously. "I wish there was a way to quit this challenge. This room alone took all of my healing prayers to keep us alive. I have a few smaller prayers that will work on one person. But I don't know how many more rooms we can survive if they're like this."

As Dounia looked around for treasure, Cairee took a moment to inspect the false Zahra remains, curious if the sorceresses magical bag had been reproduced on the copies.

If so, she'll take them and take a quick peak inside to see if they're bigger on the inside, and if the items inside were duplicatd as well.


male (he/him)

Cairee looked at the items the 'dopplegangers' were wearing. The items were all wrong. A sheathed dagger wouldn't unsheath. A bag appeared full but the clasps wouldn't open. They all seemed like object as they would be interpreted by a mirror and how would a mirror know what the inside of a bag was like?


Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 1 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +5 W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7 SM: +1 | SMB: +3, SMD: 14
Dounia Mehar Mehek Ghali wrote:
Dounia bent over, sweaty hair sticking to her forehead, her leg sticky with blood. "Tell me you got the key," she gasped.

”Not a key, no, but another one of these things,” Tymythy said, taking out the silvery tube, much like the one they had found in the mouth of the statue by the exit of the previous challenge. ”So I guess we were meant to pick or force the lock on the door here after all… The other side of the mirror was safe, but… eerie. Empty. Still. Everything felt just a bit wrong to me. I didn’t want to linger any longer than necessary so I got down the rope as fast as I could – the room started in this orientation,” he went on, gesturing with his spear at the new-vertical chamber they were in, ”but the moment I picked the tube the room flipped on its side. The same moment this one here went vertical on you, I imagine. As we picked ourselves up we saw the piton securing the rope tossed on our side, and knew something very wrong was going on over here.”

”The rest you know. And I can now guess how the piton got pulled out. One of those shape-stealers came out the mirror and went for it?”

So, has the door in this room mysteriously opened, or was Dounia supposed to pick the lock in the first place for us to proceed?


male (he/him)

Doing this from my phone. Sorry, no pic yet
Tymythy held forth a silver tube with flanges on one end and a hook on the other. It was very much like the silver tube found in the lion’s mouth except the flange pattern was different, the tube was shorter, the hook bigger, and the shaft wider around.

kn engineering (untrained ok) DC10 or disable device DC5:
The flanges of the silver tube look like they might fit in the keyhole of the door.


Human Draconic Sorcerer/3 | HP 20/20 | Init +2 | AC14/F12/T13 | Mage armor AC18 | F+2 R+3 W+3 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | Spells per day: 1st 2/6 | Claws: 6/7rounds | SMB 7; SMD 17

Since any sign of a key wasn't obvious in the room, Zahra joined in searching the bodies of the duplicates. Maybe one of them held the key they needed.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

k.engineering (untrained),DC10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Hahaha

Zahra was not good at puzzles so when she glanced at the silver tube that Tymythy produced, it meant nothing to her. However, it did trigger a memory of what she had seen when observing the Sisters. "When the Sisters were trying to open their door, it looked like they had a few pieces of those tubes fit together but it didn't look complete. Which reminds me, one of their pieces looked remarkably like ours. I would check your gear, Dounia, to make sure you still have it."


HP 24/24 | AC 16/14/12 | F+3/R+6/W+2 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | Acro 10, climb 5, DD 13, EA 10, Init 6, Perc 7, SoH 8, SM 1, Stealth 10, Surv 8

Dounia held her breath as Saiph's healing washed over her. When she finally let the breath out, it was relieved and nearly pain free. She put her arms around Cairee and said, "Thank Saiph for me. We'd be dead so many times over without her."

At Zahra's words, Dounia felt a shot of adrenaline go through her. The key! She rummaged around for it. Is it there?

dd: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

The new part however - that might be the actual key for this door. Before trying it in the keyhole, she said, "Should we search this room? Like, the sconces, and the pictures and stuff? There might be a hidden objective and we shouldn't miss it. But we also need to be quick. What do you think?"


male (he/him)

Dounia looked through her things and the key was right where she'd secreted it away.

The First Tube: from the manticore sculpture's mouth
The Second Tube: from the mirror space


Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 1 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +5 W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7 SM: +1 | SMB: +3, SMD: 14

”The paintings seem fixed to the walls well enough – one of those shape-stealers was climbing the wall using them for support, after all,” Tymythy said. ”I guess we could take a knife to the canvas to see if there’s anything behind them, but we’d have to do some more climbing to reach most of them, so it might take a while… and I have had my fill of ropes for the moment. I can cut open the couple we can reach if you want, but I think you should see if you can get the door open, with your tools or with those tubes. We don’t need to proceed the moment the door opens, but I think you are the only one of us able to get it open in the first place.”


male (he/him)

Tymythy slashed several of the paintings, any he could reach and only found the same rough stone wall behind them.

Daounia perception (quick survey): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Tymythy perception (quick survey): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Zahra perception (quick survey): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Cairee perception (quick survey): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Everyone did a quick shake-down of the room and discovered no loose brick or hollow table leg nor any sign of a secret in this room.


Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 1 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +5 W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7 SM: +1 | SMB: +3, SMD: 14

Hmm… just recalled we decided the paintings were of past contestantswho didn't make it… feels a bit bad to slash them, so…

”Zahra. If you would…” Tymythy said after they had opened up a few paintings and revealed nothing of note behind them. ”Could you use your magic to repair these, while Dounia looks at the lock? It was worth it to look, but if these images are of past champions who fell during the challenges… leaving them debased like this is not right. You had a spell for it, yes? Of making simple repairs?”


male (he/him)

There were only three paintings that were reachable (I've checked the map) to cut open and of those one was a blank canvas. Another was small but the last was quite big. Zahra looked them over and, standing on Tymythy's shoulders, the repairs would take ten or twenty minutes as the arcane skill she knew healed objects slowly.

(Do you take the time?)


HP 24/24 | AC 16/14/12 | F+3/R+6/W+2 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | Acro 10, climb 5, DD 13, EA 10, Init 6, Perc 7, SoH 8, SM 1, Stealth 10, Surv 8

Dounia took a cursory look at the lowest paintings, but started to feel bad tearing them apart. She was glad that Tymythy suggested that Zahra repair them. Even if this was just a trap room that nobody came into again, it was good to show respect to the dead.

She considered climbing back up to the sconces, but she and Zahra had been all over them and they'd been rock-solid. It was probably a dead end, and time was important.

Taking the new key-part, she moved to the door and tried to fit it into the lock. If it didn't work, she was ready to try combining it with the first piece.

dd: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


male (he/him)

The second piece fit easily into the lock and Dounia could feel the mechanism unlatch.

(But, as you brought it up and made a tidy roll ...)

After, she considered the first piece and checked to see if they interlocked somehow. Quickly she realized that the hook was the same width as the slot. By sliding the hook end of the thinner 'first piece' into the flange end of the second she found they combined easily, but loosely. These pieces didn't fit directly together. There were obviously pieces missing.

Intergrated Key Parts
I've colour coded them so that they're easier to see but please note the pieces are both a dull silver


HP 24/24 | AC 16/14/12 | F+3/R+6/W+2 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | Acro 10, climb 5, DD 13, EA 10, Init 6, Perc 7, SoH 8, SM 1, Stealth 10, Surv 8

Dounia felt that familiar thrill of excitement she always got when unlocking a door. Even though this one had a key, and she didn't have to pick it, it was still exciting.

However, it was no time to get cocky. She left the key in the lock, and took a careful look at the door. They needed to be careful moving forward, as Cairee could only call upon her patroness so many times.

perc for traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


male (he/him)

The door seemed clear.


Human Draconic Sorcerer/3 | HP 20/20 | Init +2 | AC14/F12/T13 | Mage armor AC18 | F+2 R+3 W+3 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | Spells per day: 1st 2/6 | Claws: 6/7rounds | SMB 7; SMD 17
Tymythy-son-of-Stywyrt wrote:

Hmm… just recalled we decided the paintings were of past contestantswho didn't make it… feels a bit bad to slash them, so…

”Zahra. If you would…” Tymythy said after they had opened up a few paintings and revealed nothing of note behind them. ”Could you use your magic to repair these, while Dounia looks at the lock? It was worth it to look, but if these images are of past champions who fell during the challenges… leaving them debased like this is not right. You had a spell for it, yes? Of making simple repairs?”

Quote:
There were only three paintings that were reachable (I've checked the map) to cut open and of those one was a blank canvas. Another was small but the last was quite big. Zahra looked them over and, standing on Tymythy's shoulders, the repairs would take ten or twenty minutes as the arcane skill she knew healed objects slowly.

As much as Zahra wanted to finish this challenge as soon as possible, it only seemed right to repair the damaged portraits. "It'll take about ten minutes but it's totally worth it. Tymythy, you'll have to give me a boost. I'll work on the portraits while Dounia works on the door."

The sorceress relied on magic to mend the portraits since she was only familiar with mending fabric by mundane means rather than canvas. She channeled magic into her hands and began mending the canvas back together.

I believe everyone is in agreement so Zahra will take the time to fix the portrits by casting Mending


Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 1 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +5 W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7 SM: +1 | SMB: +3, SMD: 14
Zahra al Asmar wrote:
As much as Zahra wanted to finish this challenge as soon as possible, it only seemed right to repair the damaged portraits. "It'll take about ten minutes but it's totally worth it. Tymythy, you'll have to give me a boost. I'll work on the portraits while Dounia works on the door."

”Of course,” Tymyhty said, kneeling next to the wall so Zahra could get settled sitting on his shoulders before he pushed himself upright slowly, using the wall for support and balance. ”It might not win us any points, but… there’s winning, and there’s how you win. If this delay costs us, so be it.”

If the door opens easily, Dounia can always take a peek through while Zahra finished her repairs. Just be careful if you decide to step through, in case the door shuts and relocks itself on a timer ;^)


male (he/him)

While they were waiting, and as there seemed to be nothing peculiar going on with the door, Dounia and Cairee chanced a peek.

The Second Hallway


HP 24/24 | AC 16/14/12 | F+3/R+6/W+2 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | Acro 10, climb 5, DD 13, EA 10, Init 6, Perc 7, SoH 8, SM 1, Stealth 10, Surv 8

Dounia cracked open the door and peeked in. The room wasn't a room at all, it was a hallway. With an open door at the end. "Hmm, nothing suspicious about that," she muttered to Cairee. "Can Saiph give me a little bump?" Asking for guidance]

Squinting at the hall, Dounia stayed put and tried to see where the traps were.

perception: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22


male (he/him)

Dounia - PMd you

As Zahra ‘healed’ the big painting the image looked back at her, calmly, emotionlessly. It was the image of an aristocratic woman in velvet puffy armed gown. She held an object that looked like a complex compass. The side of the woman’s neck was rough, almost scaled.

The smaller of the two paintings was of a rustic and unattractive man of about thirty. He had a haversack on his back and there was the suggestion that he was using a longbow as a leaning stick. His expression mixed sadness and wonder, if such a thing was possible.


HP 24/24 | AC 16/14/12 | F+3/R+6/W+2 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | Acro 10, climb 5, DD 13, EA 10, Init 6, Perc 7, SoH 8, SM 1, Stealth 10, Surv 8

Dounia peered into the room, looking for danger. The carpet - that was weird. What was that? "That doesn't look like a regular fabric carpet" she pointed out to Cairee.

Dounia bent down and carefully checked the edge of the "carpet", to see if it looked somehow dangerous. She ran her fingers over it, trying to determine what it was.

examine carpet: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


male (he/him)

From Cairee ...

Cairee stood behind Dounia and put a hand on her back. Cairee's other hand was before her heart and turned slightly outward. She whispered her blessing of Saiph.

Casts Guidance on Dounia

Then Cairee's eyes went blank and she whispered a plea to her patron "cig amt cete d". "It doesn't give off an aura ..." Dounia tried to get Cairee's attention but she could see the cleric was focused on 'other' things.

Dounia Mehar Mehek Ghali wrote:
"That doesn't look like a regular fabric carpet" she pointed out to Cairee.

As Dounia spoke a psuedopod shot out at of the 'material' and right at Dounia's face.

carpet? CMB to grapple (no AoO provoked): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

It missed Dounia's throat by a good margin then retreated and lay flat.

Cairee's kn nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Cairee whispered, "It's some kind of mold ... but I can't identify it. How did they get it to grow in such a repetative pattern?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 24/24 | AC 16/14/12 | F+3/R+6/W+2 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | Acro 10, climb 5, DD 13, EA 10, Init 6, Perc 7, SoH 8, SM 1, Stealth 10, Surv 8

Dounia threw herself backwards as the "carpet" shot a gross tentacle finger out at her. Shrieking in surprise, she landed hard on her rump. "What the hells?!"

Quote:
Cairee whispered, "It's some kind of mold ... but I can't identify it. How did they get it to grow in such a repetative pattern?"

"Mold?" Dounia repeated as she pulled herself to her feet. "I've never heard of mold fingers before."

She approached gingerly, not getting within five feet of the doorway. "How do we kill it? Water? Fire? Stabbing?"

She turned to Zahra, who was still mending the portraits. "We have a magicky thing for you, Zahra. Do you have a fire spell or something? Or maybe ice?"

As she waited for the sorceress, she tried to figure out what the thingies were sticking out of the wall, though she wasn't willing to get too close to the doorway.

perception?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Cairee had been focusing so carefully on the end of the hallway that she completely missed the strange carpet until it shot up and attacked Dounia. She had never seen anything like it! It was fascinating. Cairee couldn't help but try to talk to it. "Hello? Can you understand me?"

If nothing happens....

Cairee looked around the mirror room for something she could test the mold carpet with. She settled for one of the splintered table legs. "Hold onto me, she told Dounia, and then carefully held the table leg over the carpet at chest level.

If nothing happens....

Then she moved it to the right and poked at the exposed floor beside the carpet.

If nothing happens....

Then she threw the table leg as far as she could down the hall and stepped back, watching to see what would happen when it landed.


Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 1 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +5 W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7 SM: +1 | SMB: +3, SMD: 14

Mold were under which knowledge skill? Dungeoneering?

”Molds? How would one fight one, except with fire or whatever is poisonous to it?” Tymythy wondered aloud, but stayed put as Zahra still had some work to do and he was needed to provide her the reach necessary. The thought of fighting something like that didn’t exactly fill the young hunter with anticipation, as he imagined trying to poke something that lacked any discernible internal organs with a spear would be an exercise in futility – perhaps some damage could be done by hacking the thing into many enough small pieces, but it hardly sounded like a topic for a skald’s epic.


male (he/him)
Cairee Featherfriend wrote:

Cairee had been focusing so carefully on the end of the hallway that she completely missed the strange carpet until it shot up and attacked Dounia. She had never seen anything like it! It was fascinating. Cairee couldn't help but try to talk to it. "Hello? Can you understand me?"

If nothing happens....

Cairee came to the threshold and tried to speak with the mold carpet but before she could finish her question another probe reached out from the closest part of the creature and grabbed for Cairee's face.

CMB to grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 success - Cairee has the grappled condition

The moldy arm touched Cairee's throat and jaw and its' end was soft like oatmeal and sticky like glue. It drew Cairee towards itself so that she was on the very edge of the door frame.

Everyone roll for initiative. Tymythy and Zahra, it will take a move action to get Zahra down. Oozes are kn-dungeoneering. This is a plant, so kn-nature.


Of course...Silly bird-talking twit
Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 9


male (he/him)

living quicksand - initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 1 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +5 W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7 SM: +1 | SMB: +3, SMD: 14

Oh, I don’t love the name of that critter…

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Right, seems I don’t need to worry about Tymyhty’s actions for the moment ;^)
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


HP 24/24 | AC 16/14/12 | F+3/R+6/W+2 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | Acro 10, climb 5, DD 13, EA 10, Init 6, Perc 7, SoH 8, SM 1, Stealth 10, Surv 8

init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Dounia was so intent on figuring out the strange fixtures in the hallway, she didn't realize that Cairee had moved too close to the grabby mold. Before she could shout a warning, the expected had happened, and the gross mold tentacles had Cairee by the face.

Leaping into action, Dounia sliced at the tentacle that was dragging her friend closer, hoping to sever it. She then grabbed Cairee around the waist, ready the wrestle for her.

dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

can i use a move action to grab her? Not trying to pull get yet as that would be another action.


male (he/him)

Tymythy - pm'd you. Also, that nat 1 is going to put you a bit off balance. You can shout something but between lowering Zahra and that roll your round is done.
Dounia - normally helping her break a grapple or not be pulled in would be an aid standard action but with that nat20 initiative you can perform it as a move action. Please make a CMB roll. A result of 10 or more means Cairee gets a +2 to break the grapple.

Dounia, quick as lightning, slashed the protruding mold arm. Her dagger hit the surface and slowed as the globule slid about her blade passing through to the other side. A bit of the mold remained on her knife.


Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 1 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +5 W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7 SM: +1 | SMB: +3, SMD: 14

Thank ye. Will wait for the nastie to act before I post. Zahra can assume she will be let down, although it will be at the end of the round with that init.


HP 24/24 | AC 16/14/12 | F+3/R+6/W+2 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | Acro 10, climb 5, DD 13, EA 10, Init 6, Perc 7, SoH 8, SM 1, Stealth 10, Surv 8

cmb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 hahanope


male (he/him)

Zahra - init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
I think Cairee has something up her sleeve so I'm going to wait for her to post or pass


Human Draconic Sorcerer/3 | HP 20/20 | Init +2 | AC14/F12/T13 | Mage armor AC18 | F+2 R+3 W+3 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | Spells per day: 1st 2/6 | Claws: 6/7rounds | SMB 7; SMD 17

As Zahra mended the portraits, she whispered to the woman and man, "Rest in peace once again and we apologize for the disturbance."

Dounia wrote:
"We have a magicky thing for you, Zahra. Do you have a fire spell or something? Or maybe ice?"

"Fire?!? Never. But ice I have. Hang on, I'm almost done."

Soon after, the commotion from the hallway drew Zahra's attention and in her haste to get off of Tymythy's shoulders she got a bit tangled which slowed her descent.

Seeing something attached to Cairee's face was very concerning. Zahra knew for sure that one of her spells would only affect her target and not hurt Cairee as well. As soon as she found her footing, she prepared to throw magic at the threat.

If she's able to cast a spell, she'll cast Magic Missile. If she has to wait until next round, she'll do it then if needed.


Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 1 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +5 W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7 SM: +1 | SMB: +3, SMD: 14

Have time now, so I guess I will post, even though the critters gets its go before Tymythy…

Tymythy did his best to kneel down without dropping her unceremoniously on her bottom, but his and Zahra’s own efforts to get off his shoulders worked against each other, and it took precious seconds to get the mystic on her own feet. So Tymythy was still on his knees and in the process of standing up when he saw, just barely, a pseudopod of sand reach out and grap Cairee by the face, squeezing and dragging its prey towards its body.

Gonna drape Corey’s creature information in some good old superstition a bit…

Beasts made of sand were not something the hunter was familiar with, but… there had been creatures living in the bogs near his clan’s lands that reminded him of this thing. Lower spirits of the land, elemental creatures that reacted rather than thought. There was one predatory sort, rarely encountered, that bound itself to the thick mud to hide and ambush unwary prey… perhaps this was its hotlands cousin?

”Fire, cold or magic! Those will hurt it! Cutting it apart will take all day!” he blurted out, dredging his memory for stories that taught how to deal with threats like these, passed down from generation to generation in his clan. ”I can’t move much, so it waits for the prey to come to it!”


male (he/him)

A little tricky with initiative here. I think Cairee has an immediate action, then the mold acts, then everybody's up


male (he/him)

Bot'ing for Cairee

Cairee could feel the creature draw her towards it, could feel the arm it held her with growing, could feel its' clammy plantlike texture on her throat and jaw. In her morning prayers she had remembered to ask for liberty and now was the time to recall the request.

casting liberating command as an immediate action
"esa eler!" she intoned as the mold tried to cover her face!

Cairee's concentration to cast while grappled - DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Cairee - the spell is considered cast. Mark it off your spells per day

The prayer was too late! Her mouth was covered before she could call to her patron. The mold surrounded her face, covered her left shoulder ...

Mold tries to engulf Cairee vs CMD12: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Acidic burns for 4hpd

... lifted her off the ground and pulled her into the rug. It seemed there was a pit there of unknown depth and Cairee was gone! The carpet writhed as if Cairee fought somewhere underneath the surface.

Tymythy and Zahra have declared for this round/Cairee tries to break free/Dounia your up then the mold goes.

Cairee tries to break free - escape artist: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Cairee - you have 10rnds of air left

Zahra, now on the ground, sees enough of the creature to loose two silver missiles at it.
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
The mold carpet shivers as two six inch holes are blown through it showing what looked like quicksand below.


Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 1 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +5 W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7 SM: +1 | SMB: +3, SMD: 14

Is it our turn now, or another of the monster's?


HP 24/24 | AC 16/14/12 | F+3/R+6/W+2 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | Acro 10, climb 5, DD 13, EA 10, Init 6, Perc 7, SoH 8, SM 1, Stealth 10, Surv 8

"Cairee! No!"

Acting instinctively, Dounia grabs Tymythy's spear and plunges the non-pointy end into the pit, crying, "Cairee! Grab on! Tymythy, help me!" She knows she probably isn't strong enough to haul Cairee up by herself.


male (he/him)

GMs rolls:

cmb to grapple Dounia vs CMD15: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 = 13 miss
damage to Cairee: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 4hpd to Cairee
Cairee's perception vs DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

As Dounia shouted out, the creature's pseudopod shot at he face but having the struggling Cairee buried inside it threw off its' aim. Nothing about her writhing indicated that she could hear Dounia from within the creature.

Inside the acidic quicksand, Cairee burned and tried desperately not to breath in. (another 4hpd - so far the creature looks wounded - everyone up)

1 to 50 of 3,810 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ærde: Lost and Found in the City of Wonders All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.