[RD][PFS2] 1-01 Absalom Inititaion -- Grand Lodge (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Harasty

Maps for the Grand Lodge


1 to 50 of 240 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*

Game play for the Grand Lodge

Dot and Delete if you wish

Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*

You have each received the following Invitation

Invitation to New Agents wrote:

Pathfinders,

I do hope you’ll join us at the Grand Lodge for the celebration to congratulate the most recent group of initiates—yourselves included! A good time is certain to be had by all, but it’s more than just a party. Gatherings like this are an excellent opportunity to rub elbows with the Society’s leadership and get to know them. That means you’ll always be quick to know about the best opportunities as soon as they arise. I hope you’ll take advantage of the event to put your best foot forward.

I’m looking forward to seeing you there!

—Janira Gavix, Pathfinder Society Head Initiate

So with what you have you make your way to the Grand Lodge and meet other novice pathfinders waiting to get in to the main hall.

Envoy's Alliance

Human rogue 2 | HP 26 AC 19 | F +5 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 Stealth +10

Mikaela was a dark-haired Varisian woman who looked as if she could blend in at just about any function. The dark brown and gray leathers she wore were perfect for infiltration in the darkness, while the colorful scarves and jewelry made sure that the bright colors would be what was remembered. A petite woman, Mikaela stood shorter than almost everyone around her, except the gnomes and halflings, of course. The batons that rode on her hip showed that she wasn't averse to knocking about with the brawlers, though, if it came to it.

Mikaela had a ready smile for anyone she met, though the observant could tell that the smile was as much a part of her outfit as the scarves, and as easy to remove.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 19/22 (3 temp.) | AC 18 (16 raging) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +4 | Hero Points 0/3 | Conditions: Raging | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

Keemul enters the Grand Lodge's grounds, brandishing his letter with manic enthusiasm. He is rather short, even for a gnome, and is gray of hair - though it looks dyed rather than Bleaching-induced. Despite the fact he was invited to a party, he wears a fine chain shirt and carries a gladiator's helmet under one arm. And his back! His most prominent (but by no means only) weapons are there, a Tien blade and a maul ridiculously oversized even for a human. He doesn't seem to have any trouble carrying them, despite the hurt they cause other people's spines just by looking at them.

"About time I received this honor!" He exclaims to the first group of people he comes across. "I've already done two missions, not to mention all the work I put into building Minkai's lodge. Nor the prestige of my association with these guys! Glad to see they finally came around."

"Oh, and the name's Keemul," he belatedly adds. "On the off chance you didn't know already. Renowned Tymon gladiator, Ruby Phoenix competitor, and savior of precious artifacts!"

Vigilant Seal

? LN elfbane hobgoblin investigator 1 HP 14/17 | AC 18 | F +4 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: -

Arvax is nervous. Hobgolins are a rare sight around Absolom and Arvax has faced a fair amount of discrimination. They are tall, athletic. Their clothes are finely tailored - Arvax wants to make the best impression they can. Their hair is combed.

Arvax looks around - they stick out like a sore thumb. They hope to see other hobgoblins but no luck. A few goblins wander around but Arvax wants nothing to do with their cousins.

The hobgoblins spot a human woman with colorful scarves. 'It's chilly here today. I should ask her where she got them.'. Before Arvax could go up to her, a small gnome with grey hair comes up and introduces himself. Arvax rolls their eyes on his intro. "Ah, yes. The great Keemul. Pleasure to meet you. I am the great Arvax. Perhaps you've heard of me?"

Vigilant Seal

Spells: Lvl 1: 1/4 | Focus Points: 1/1 LG F Gnome (Divine Wellspring) Sorceror 2 Per +6 (low-light vision) | AC 16 | For +6 Ref +6 Will +8 | HP 14/24 | Speed 25

Mirtha is a pale skinned gnome with hair and eyes that are the orange red color of flickering flames. She is dressed in an austere black dress of Chelexian design accented with bright red stones. Around her neck is an oversized symbol of Sarenrae made of sparkling silver.

Mirtha nods in agreement to Keemul's statement. "Yes, my achievements have also been overlooked for much too long. This should have happened months ago. But I suppose late is better than never."

"Pleasure to meet you Keemul. I am Mirtha Darklight, humble servant to Sarenrae."

Mirtha's eyes narrow when she sees Arvax enter the room. "Oh, a hobgoblin. Delightful." she mutters, just loud enough for her fellow Pathfinder to hear it.

Vigilant Seal

? LN elfbane hobgoblin investigator 1 HP 14/17 | AC 18 | F +4 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: -

"Oh, another gnome. Delightful indeed." Arvax replies with the same sentiment.

Grand Archive

Swashbluckler 2 AC 19 | HP 24/24| F +3 R +10 W +6 | Init +6 Perception, +8 Stealth| HP 1 (+1)

Katami is a small elven woman, clad in a black and red light armor. Half her face is covered by a black mask, but everyone is able to see that she's old, very old.

Nevertheless, she walk as if she was young, thin but very muscular like a marathon runner.

She bows to the Pathfinders already gathered in the main hall.

Greetings, I'm Katami, but you can call me Kaze. Pleasure to meet you all.

Envoy's Alliance

Male LG versatile Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 | Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 | Perc +7, Stealth +7 | Speed 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploration Mode: Scout | Conditions: none | Active Abilities: none| Reactions: none

Vanak still could not wrap his head around the sheer size of Absalom and the amount of people bustling through its streets on any given day. Having grown up in the far north in sparsely populated Irrisen, this place here was still utter madness for him. He has begone easing into it a bit more, but he is still a fairly fresh arrival to the City at the Center of the World.

Today he is as usual clad in furs that are a bit too warm for Absalom, with the exception that today he asked on of the fellow novices to clean them with a prestidigitation spell for him. Vanak is looking down on the crumbled piece of paper that is the invitation from Janira Gavix. Let’s find out how this will turn out… he thinks to himself and takes the stairs to the entry hall of the Grand Lodge in a couple of wide steps.

“Enjoy the evening, my boy” Vanak says to Orel, the arctic vulture sitting on his shoulder. Orel just tilts his head and blinks at Vanak. ”Stay away from those sewer rats, you know your stomach can’t handle them.”I’m not cleaning THAT mess up again…”And…stay close. Who knows if I might need you.”

With a few strong strokes of his wings Orel takes off into the sky and Vanak adjusts the bow slung over his should, before he takes one deep breath and enters the Grand Lodge. Being completely out of his element he scans the room and sees a small group of presumably initiates – two gnomes, a hobgoblin, an elf and a dark-haired human woman close-by. Vanak was never good in ‘reading the room’ and simply joins the small group, not daring to venture deeper into the main hall.

“Greetings.” He’s stumbling over his words a bit. “I…I am Vanak, I guess. You’re here for this as well?” He holds up the crumpled piece of parchment that once was the elegant invitation of the Society’s Head Initiate.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*

It seems as though the entire Grand Lodge has the air of a celebration. The great gates are flung wide, and the phoenix trees lining the entryway are in full flame. The halls of the main tower of Skyreach, normally somber and reserved, echo with the sound of voices and music. The great ballroom is decked for a celebration, with colorful banners and bunting along the walls, tables replete with food and drink, and a jovial cacophony of conversation rising from Pathfinders of all ancestries, nations, and backgrounds.

After a quick scan of the room, it’s obvious that many of the attendees have gathered in small groups here and there. A half-orc woman in an iconic ship captain’s hat stands near the punch bowl, handing cups to anyone who passes within reach, and a dark-skinned half-elf leads a small group of new agents around the room, introducing them to other attendees. Several senior agents stand in quiet conferral with a dark-haired Taldan man with a distinctive chin strap beard, while a scholarly dwarf tells a rousing tale to a growing audience.

A familiar blond halfling woman bounces over, bubbling with excitement. Janira Gavix Slide 2, Head Initiate of the Pathfinder Society, grins, “Oh, I’m so glad you made it! After all, the celebration is for you. Have you gotten drinks? Snacks? Be sure to spend some time getting to know everyone—it’s best to be on good terms with the movers and shakers in the Society, that’s how you learn about the latest opportunities. I’ll be here if you need me to help you with anyone’s names or to make an introduction. Just let me know how I can help!” Janira gestures everyone forward into the room, beaming all the while.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*

There seem to be four main individuals gathering attention each with a few notable other esteemed pathfinders around them:

The Notable Guests

Calisro Bearry
Leader of the Horizon Hunter Faction

Former captain of the Grinning Pixie and faction leader most likely to be mistaken for a pirate, Calisro Benarry leads the Horizon Hunters, but she doesn’t stand on ceremony. Her leadership often boils down to pointing out blank spots on the map to her agents. Although the half-orc can get serious in a crisis, this certainly isn’t that time.

She is with Kreighton Shane Master of Scrolls
The Society’s dean responsible for agents’ academic training—is an eccentric and absent-minded elf with long, blond hair. Though a brilliant puzzle-solver and code-breaker, his odd mannerisms leave many agents bewildered.

In addition to loving puzzles and games, the Master of Scrolls is interested in obscure knowledge in all forms.

Fola Barun
Leader of the Envoys Alliance Faction

Friendly but driven, Fola Barun has dedicated herself to growing and nurturing the Pathfinder Society, and she’s been a strong supporter of the recent drive to bring in new members.

She is with Tamrin Credence Former Leader of the Liberty’s Edge Faction
A halfling man with brown hair, Tamrin gained his several visible facial scars serving as a distraction to facilitate the liberation of several dozen halfling slaves in Cheliax. Ever since, he has worked on behalf of Liberty’s Edge, a largely independent faction that sometimes coordinates with the Pathfinder Society.

Tamrin enthusiastically discusses elements of disguise and the complexities of stamping out the slave trade

Eando Kline
Leader of the Vigilant Seal Faction

Eando has a long history with the Pathfinder Society, and only recently has he settled into his position as leader of the Vigilant Seal faction. He’s the least friendly of the faction leaders, but he puts a great deal of faith in the rank-and-file agents.

He is with Sorrina Westyr Master of Spells
Sorrina is responsible for teaching initiates about how to wield, identify, and evade magical threats. She is an oread woman with slate-gray skin and silvery-white hair. While an unparalleled expert in her field, Sorrina also knows firsthand the dangers of exploration and works to equip agents properly against the perils they may face.

Sorrina is intrigued by other agents with religious or planar knowledge, as well as those who keep thorough records

Gorm Greathammer
Leader of the Grand Archive Faction

As leader of the Grand Archive, Gorm is impressed by knowledge in all its forms, but he holds a special fondness for tales and jokes that bring knowledge to life. Conversations with Gorm often leave the impression of a lively, fun uncle rather than a stuffy sage

He is with Valais Durant Leader of the Radiant Oath Faction
Valais Durant has more experience quelling the influence of corruption than most. She underwent a horrific amalgamation with demonic flesh at the hands of a former venture-captain who had thrown his lot in with the lords of the Abyss. In the aftermath, she went on a long journey to reclaim herself and expunge the demonic influences.

Valais knows that there is a wide gap between talk and action, and she appreciates agents who are proactive.

At this point feel free to mingle with each of them. There is a crowd around each one and if you want to get noticed you will need to get the attention of the new faction leaders by impressing the guest surrounding them. Everyone can attempt to impress as many guests as possible.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 19/22 (3 temp.) | AC 18 (16 raging) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +4 | Hero Points 0/3 | Conditions: Raging | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

Keemul tries his best to hit it off with the hobgoblin. "Er, only in passing, I'll admit, but how fortunate we are to remedy that now!" A bit flustered at having been 'recognized,' he stumbles off without a word to Janira.

Still, the gnome hopes to follow her instructions. His recent exploits might be the sort to impress Valais Durant, so he sidles up to the woman during a lull in her conversation. He then immediately launches into a ramble.

"Hello there! I'm Keemul, or maybe you've heard of me. I was recently reading up on our higher-ups, among which you're quite prominent. Your hard work and harrowing journeys paved the way for many others. Time was, I asked my fans to support local causes, probably made some difference there on a small scale. But my last mission, going right into the Gravelands to extract fellow agents and their keepsakes, really changed my perspective there. It's good to be on the front lines, or at least helping wherever possible."

Not sure what skill to roll. I'm not trained in Diplomacy, so I'll go with Deception as Keemul tells the truth but routinely plays himself up.

Deception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Vigilant Seal

Spells: Lvl 1: 1/4 | Focus Points: 1/1 LG F Gnome (Divine Wellspring) Sorceror 2 Per +6 (low-light vision) | AC 16 | For +6 Ref +6 Will +8 | HP 14/24 | Speed 25

Can we make knowledge checks to learn more about these NPCs.

Mirtha always enjoys seeing the phoenix trees, especially when they are in full flaming bloom and looks up at them in admiration as she walks past them.

At the party, Mirtha approaches Sorrina to discuss a recent encounter that she had with a devil. "I was curious about the connection between the Outer Planes and Elemental Planes and thought you might be able to shed some light on the matter. I'm particularly curious if there is a particularly strong relation between the Plane of Fire and Hell and what that might be. I recently read a paper by the theologian Baramus who had some interesting theories on how the transmigration of souls to the Outer Planes may be affected by proximity to Elemental Planes."

If she is able to get Sorrina's attention, she'll start discussing technical issues around planar travel.

Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Vigilant Seal

? LN elfbane hobgoblin investigator 1 HP 14/17 | AC 18 | F +4 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: -

Are we all going to the same NPC or different ones?

Arvax smiles at the gnomish barbarian. "I'm sorry for any hostilities. I want to put my best foot forward. As a hobgoblin, I have faced much discrimination. I don't want" *cough*lesser*cough "people to think less of our ancestry."

The hobgoblin will approach Valais along with Keemul.

"This here gnome is the best gnome that's ever lived," obviously playing it up while patting him on the shoulder.

Arvax lets out a laugh. "I've actually just met him. But I hope he lives up to his name."

"Do you know anything about us hobgolins?" Arvax as Valais. "We are a proud race. But we get stuff done - right. We're not perfect and we're hoping to change how to how the world sees us. I'm here to show that hobgoblins are not inherently evil - that we can help change the world for the better. I am very eager to get out there and see what I can do."

Trying to up play the history of hobgoblins and why Arvax has every right to be there.

Hobgoblin Lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Grand Archive

Swashbluckler 2 AC 19 | HP 24/24| F +3 R +10 W +6 | Init +6 Perception, +8 Stealth| HP 1 (+1)

Seeing that Calistro Benarry is talking to the Master of Scroll, she joins them.

Greetings Master of Scroll, my name is Katami and I've heard that you talk about winds with Captain Benary. What do you know about the new Air Elemental Lord? I've helped him escape from his prison, and I would like to share with you some knowledge I've learn here and there.

Elemental Lords Lore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*
Mirtha Darklight wrote:

Can we make knowledge checks to learn more about these NPCs.

For now I am going to leave this up to some role playing. But I will give hints as we go along

Arvax wrote:

Are we all going to the same NPC or different ones?

Everyone can make an attempt with each guest. Since this is PbP I am letting this be free flowing and will update as progress

Keemul attempts to tell his little story. Although you got her attention she asks, "But what did you do, or what can you do to help them? Are you versed in medical, either natural or alchemical? Or are you a worker with your hands?"

Arvax also talks with Valais, but also though concerned about the plight of Hobgoblins asks what Arvax he has done to help is own people. Now know what she is looking for, Keemul and Arvax can try another tack and skill check for Valais

Mirtha is discussion seems to stumble a bit with some details, but Janira happens to be walking on by and offers a few pointers that seems to help impress Sorrina.

Katami though seems to dazzle Kreighton well on her own.

You will need multiple successes with each guest fully impress them

* Sorrina - 1 success
* Kreighton - 1 suceess

Vigilant Seal

Spells: Lvl 1: 1/4 | Focus Points: 1/1 LG F Gnome (Divine Wellspring) Sorceror 2 Per +6 (low-light vision) | AC 16 | For +6 Ref +6 Will +8 | HP 14/24 | Speed 25

Satisfied that she has accomplished what she has been able to from talking with Sorrina, Mirtha moves on to talk with Fola and Tamrin. As he talks about the fine art of disguise, Mirtha butts in.

"I am from Cheliax and I've worked for some of the noble families. And I can tell you from personal experience that nothing makes those old noble families more nervous than the Bellflower Network. They spend so much money on slave catchers and informants and divination magics that sometimes I wonder if it would be cheaper for them to just pay their slaves. And despite that the Network always seems to be one step ahead of them. Just last week the Bellflowers smuggled almost a dozen workers out of their tin mine. Did you hear how they did it?"

Deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Mirtha thinks she could peak Tamrin's interest by disclosing some inside information on how the Cheliax counter abolitionist efforts function, but ends up mostly gossiping about Cheliax nobles, a subject that Tamrin is probably not interested in.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 19/22 (3 temp.) | AC 18 (16 raging) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +4 | Hero Points 0/3 | Conditions: Raging | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

Keemul shuffles his feet at that, looking sheepish. "Um...I mostly just punched the zombies that were trying to impede us. Which I suppose is working with my hands, right? Sorry, this is serious. I'm not cut out for fixing people up. But doesn't every medic and hero need someone to protect them? That's where I come in!"

At that, he seems to regain some confidence, and starts striking poses to show off his physical prowess. He's likely making an idiot of himself even further, but he persists.

Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

However, one too many swings of his oversized weapons leads to him spewing apologies at a passing server he nearly beheaded. He decides to make himself scare, at least from Valais, for now.

Envoy's Alliance

Male LG versatile Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 | Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 | Perc +7, Stealth +7 | Speed 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploration Mode: Scout | Conditions: none | Active Abilities: none| Reactions: none

Drinks and snacks sounds perfect start things off Vanak thinks and turns around to find a server to grab a handful of hors d’oeuvre and score a tankard of these lovely saffron ales they brew here. Well these southerners know their beer, can’t argue with that…. After his small haul, Vanak looks around to see where his new acquaintances went. He’s still not feeling quite at home amongst this many people, and small talk never has been his strong suite.

He is quite relieved when he finally finds Keemul and Arvax standing close to Valais Durant and Gorm Greathammer. Putting the last miniature salmon quiche in his mouth, he walks over and hears Valais address Keemul to demonstrate how he would actively help his fellow agents, which triggers the grey-haired gnome to flourish a couple of wide swings with his oversized maul.

“He’s quite the character, huh?” Vanak says half to Arvax next to him, half to Valais and the group surrounding her and Gorm. “Well, if you’re looking for something more…subtle, Valais. I can show you a few of my medicinal herbs and explain their application, if you’d like?” Immediately afterwards he begins to fiddle with the satchels and pouches in his bandolier, but soon realizes that the tankard is a bit unwieldy. “Hold this for a second, would you?” Vanak says and presses the tankard in Arvax’ hands, “And go ahead, have a sip if you haven’t tried it yet. Quiet tasty, to be honest.”, and with that he moves closer to Valais to show her his collection of medicinal herbs.

“You see, most of what’s in here is from Irrisen and if not much else is growing there, I assume the witches’ magic has somehow seeped into the soil and fosters the growth of plants like these.” By now he is holding quite the assortment of dried herbs and roots in his palms, showing them to Valais. “Oh, yes this is arctic wolfbane, not impossible to get in Absalom, but quite expensive. It’s best used in a paste to mend broken bones. And this is redcap yarrow, as the name suggests it blossoms red instead of white. A tea with that and some spignel brings down any fever within the hour.”

Vanak has the Natural Medicine Feat, so he’s trying to impress her with a Nature Check
Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*

Mirtha excuses herself and attempts to get the attention of Fola and Tamrin. Also though Fola sees her, Tamrin only give a polite nod of acknowledgement to Mirtha's input.

Keemul's talk of just punching zombies gets a small eyebrow raise from Valais, but a small chuckle from Gorm. However, Vanak's talk of natural medicine, does seem to set Valais's mind at ease about the compassion of the newer recruits of the society.

* Sorrina (Eando) - 1 success
* Kreighton (Calisro)- 1 success
* Valais (Gorm) - 1 success

Vigilant Seal

? LN elfbane hobgoblin investigator 1 HP 14/17 | AC 18 | F +4 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: -

Arvax looks proudly around. "I've been practicing making alchemical potions - watch this.". The hobgoblin pulls out some vials and quickly makes an elixir.

Using Quick Tincture to create an Elixir of Life

"I've spent hours practicing that. It'll only last a few seconds though. Given more time, I could create countless potions and elixirs just like that."

The hobgoblin takes a moment to appreciate their own work. "Back home, my hobgoblin brethren are a proud people. I haven't done much in terms of helping the plight of my people - yet. But I'm here to learn, to represent my ancestry, to show everyone that we're willing to live in harmony with the rest of Golarion."

If you need a craft check, I'll roll

Craft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Grand Archive

Swashbluckler 2 AC 19 | HP 24/24| F +3 R +10 W +6 | Init +6 Perception, +8 Stealth| HP 1 (+1)

Katami satisified to have picked the curiosity of Grand Master Shane let someone else finish to distract the elf and moves next to another Master.

She comes next to Flora and listen to Tamrin before jumping in and mimicking some of the story she heard in her land in Minkai about a team of Heroes who free the people of Minkaï from the clutch of the Jade Regent!

Acrobatics (Perform): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Katami has Acrobatic Performance and can subtitle Acrobatics for Performance

Vigilant Seal

Spells: Lvl 1: 1/4 | Focus Points: 1/1 LG F Gnome (Divine Wellspring) Sorceror 2 Per +6 (low-light vision) | AC 16 | For +6 Ref +6 Will +8 | HP 14/24 | Speed 25

Mirtha excuses herself then slides over to where Vanak is talking with Valais and Gorm Greathammer.

"Don't forget good old fashioned oak moss, Vanak. It can cover up a bleeding wound if you don't have clean cloth handy and has been shown to help prevent a wound from festering and turning into filth fever."

Mirtha will try to join the conversation, trying to steer the conversation to talking about other sorts of medical treatments.
Medicine: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 19/22 (3 temp.) | AC 18 (16 raging) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +4 | Hero Points 0/3 | Conditions: Raging | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

Once Keemul thinks the heat from his prior rubbing of shoulders has died down, he approaches Kreighton Shaine. He's been to enough of the elf's classes to know the guy likes inane stories. The gnome rummages through his backpack, coming up with a small clay pot. "I thought you might get a kick out of this. I've been in Minkai for a while recently, helping put up the new lodge. They had me cleaning and hauling heavy objects around, of course. But in my off hours I figured out the secret behind this!" Again, the embarrassed look returns. "This isn't the real thing though. They'd never let me keep it, and here's why."

"I'm sure some bigwig researcher could have figured out what the shattered pieces of teapot were, and quicker than me. But they didn't have the opportunity! I was the one sweeping the floors. I found its shards and thought something was amiss, so I hit the books. And believe me, it took plenty of those, but it helped me piece together the pot. Turned out it was significant to some minor nobles and magical, too! They're still studying it, trying to figure out what it does. But they made this replica for me as a gift. Cool, eh?"

Long-Winded Library Lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Envoy's Alliance

Male LG versatile Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 | Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 | Perc +7, Stealth +7 | Speed 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploration Mode: Scout | Conditions: none | Active Abilities: none| Reactions: none

“Oh yes, you’re absolutely right, Mirtha“ Vanak replies “We just don’t have that much oak up in Irrisen, so there’s not too much oak moss to be found.” he adds with a smile and walks over to Arvax to grab his tankard with a thanking nod towards the Hobgoblin.

”Please excuse me, I haven’t spoken with Fola yet, and after all she’s the reason I ended up with the Society in the first place.” Vanak addresses Mirtha and Arvax before he moves through the Main Hall towards Tamrin and Fola, not without snagging another tiny quiche from one of the servers first.

Missing one or two good occasions to jump into the conversation, Vanak finally manages to speak with Tamrin ”So how did you do it, Tamrin?” he asks boldly and earns a blank stare from the Halfling ”Smuggling all these Halflings out of Cheliax I mean. Before I joined the Pathfinder Society I rescued stolen children, political prisoners and the like out of the Jadwiga’s grasps for the Heralds of Summer’s Return. So how did you do it?” Vanak engages in a thorough conversation with Tamrin about the art of staying undetected while accomplishing your goals.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*

Arvax's quick ability create healing tincture gets a smile from Valais. Mirtha joins in and offers some of her own insights. This gets a small nod from Valais. "It seems the heart of our new initiates is in the right place, but I feel we should be teaching more practical means of providing compassion. "

Gorm bows respectfully and then sighs. "She is a good lass, though I think all what she has been though makes her a little shy of the darker sides of our work. Like uncovering the past of the dead. I have something I would like you to do."

Mikaela can still attempt to impress Valais, to get the bonus

A partially collapsed house in the Precipice Quarter, long rumored to be haunted, has been marked for demolition in the next few days. I understand that the house was severely damaged in the earthquake of 4698 AR, but rumors of strange activity there long predate the quake. I would like you to uncover the history of the house before its destruction.

Over with Fola and Tamrin, Katami's energetic tale of daring do of freedome and liberation brings a relaxed smile to Tamrin's face. Vanak's discussion of smuggling also impresses the halfling and he offers some tips.

Arvax, Keemul, and Mikaela can try to impress Tamrin

Keemul easily talks the ear off of Kreighton allowing Calisro to just watch and be entertained as she drinks from her flask

Mikaela, Vanak, Arvax, and Mirtha can make an attempt to impress Dean Shane

* Sorrina (Eando) - 1 success
* Kreighton (Calisro)- 2 success (Open)
* Valais (Gorm) - 2 success (Open)
* Tamrin (Fola) - 2 success (Open)

Envoy's Alliance

Human rogue 2 | HP 26 AC 19 | F +5 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 Stealth +10

Mikaela moved from group to group, listening and trying to see what each person might be interested in. It seemed that Valais was primarily interested in tales of pathfinder agents and recruits going out of their way to sever their fellows.

"Hello Valais, I am Mikaela. I have been trained as a forward scout and procurer. Between saving some pathfinders on the Spirit Road, and flushing out a false Pathfinder in Osiria, I think the Society has prepared me well for advanced scouting and infiltration. I'd like to talk with you more about how sending scouting groups ahead of main Pathfinder teams might alleviate some of the pain points I've encountered in my own training missions. Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance, and all that."

Mikaela chatted with Valais for a bit before taking the cue to move along.

scouting lore: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Burning Hero Point early
scouting lore: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

------------------

Mikaela next moved to the leader of her own faction, Fola Barun, who was engaged in discussion with a large man with many jeweled rings on his fingers. She caught Fola's eye, and nodded as the other woman indicted the halfling beside her. Mikaela moved up to the halfling, then past, then whipped off her scarves as soon as she was out of the man's sight and went back up to him. "I couldn't help but hear your earlier conversation about deceptive tactics. I too have focused heavily on deception during my training. Sometimes, all it takes is a bit of color to distract someone's mind from the obvious." She flourished her now-removed yellow and blue scarves and smiled. "Mikaela Solange, at your service. I apprenticed under Fola Barun, and though I have already had use to put my infiltration skills into practice in the field, this is the first Initiation Celebration I have been able to attend."

She chatted with the halfling as long as the man had interest before moving on.

deception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

----------------------------

"Ah, Dean Shane! I was hoping to run into you here. I know I was not one of your more adept pupils at the esoteric lore of scholarship and magical runes, but did you ever give thought about my suggestion to incorporate more background on infiltration and assassination into your classes? I know Pathfinders aren't typically involved in assassinations directly, but we've prevented more then a few. I think having that information to hand might make everyone a little more adept at that aspect, don't you?"

assassination lore: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Vigilant Seal

? LN elfbane hobgoblin investigator 1 HP 14/17 | AC 18 | F +4 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: -

Arvax approaches Kreighton Shane. "Master Shane. Pleasure to meet you. I hear you are interested in learning about new and interesting things?" If Dean Shane agrees, Arvax will continue. "As you can see, I am a hobgoblin from the new nation of Oprak. We're not a perfect ancestry, but some of us are trying to make up for the deeds of our ancestors. Getting a bit off topic, but have you been to Oprak yet? I hail from Hunthul - the new capital. We've been constructing the city from the ground up, setting up trade routes, you know how it goes." Arvax will continue describe some of the background of the capital Hunthul and how the new capital is coming along.

"Please come visit sometime. It'll be a city to rival Absalom some day."

Hunthul Lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

=====================

Arvax then moves on to Tamrin Credence. "Ah, hello there Miss Credence. As you are aware, I am a hobgoblin - an ancestry noted in the past for slavery. If you are not aware, the new nation of Oprak is trying to shed its past history of slavery. We are shifting our focus to more economic and diplomatic gains to develop our new homeland's resources and gain any tactical advantage against the Whispering Tyrant. Perhaps we can talk about ways I can convince other stubborn hobgoblins who refuse to change their views?"

Not sure what to roll here. Will default to Diplomacy

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Envoy's Alliance

Male LG versatile Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 | Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 | Perc +7, Stealth +7 | Speed 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploration Mode: Scout | Conditions: none | Active Abilities: none| Reactions: none

Leaving Tamrin with a firm handshake and a respectful nod amongst equal-minded, freedom-loving folks, Vanak takes another sip from his ale and wanders further through the Main Hall of the Grand Lodge. His eyes are drawn towards Calisro Benarry and Kreighton Shaine, the Master of Scrolls. With a sigh he walks over there and just begins to talk when Shaine’s gaze lies upon him, along with a raised eyebrow.

”Sorry to interrupt Master Shaine, but I remembered that you asked me a question about the Kodar Mountains and if there exist known or even well-trodden paths over their high peaks connecting Varisia with Irrisen, potentially enabling easier trade routes. I didn’t know the answer back then, when you asked me during the lecture, but I was going through maps and reading some reports – old and new, to find an answer. I don’t believe there are known routes, Master Shaine. Some explorers claim to have crossed but at high personal costs and the loss of lives. That being said, I don’t reckon it is impossible. Any mountain can be conquered, but the expedition would be fairly dangerous and time consuming.”

Mountain Lore: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*

With Mikaela's final words of wisdom on the aspects of planning, Valais smiles and is pleased with what you are able to offer. Gorm pulls you aside and whispers, “I have something you might find useful. I have a few extra scrolls on me right now, if one would be useful feel free to take it.” He has scrolls of disrupting weapons, heal, and magic missile to offer, you may pick one.

---

Tamrin listens to your various stories and plans and is very impressed with the skills you present. He gives a nod to Fola and then heads off to mingle with others. Fola smiles broadly, "Well it seems Janira is doing very well with training. I do have a small task for you."

A Pathfinder was petrified during the Charge of the Gorgon for smuggling a forbidden item into the city. The relic in question had been recovered from an Azlanti ruin within gillmen territory at the Society’s request; while the item was confiscated by the city and returned to the gillmen watching over the site, We, the Society, should take responsibility in getting the Pathfinder restored. With help from the Society’s legal team, I has gotten permission to restore the victim, but I need you to carry out the directive.” She gives you a greater salve of antiparalysis with explicit instructions that it be used only on the target.

--

You may find this useful as well. Since not all things should be solved with force, but sometimes a well placed word can solve the issue” She offers you a lesser silvertongue mutagen

---

The Master of Scrolls is dazzled by the various knowledges that you present. "Well this gives me much to think about. I see our training is doing well. Thank you initiates"

With that he takes his leave and Calisro sighs. "He is smart man but too much talk and notes and not enough action.[b]" She takes a swig from her flask and offers to the party. "[b]Speaking of which I do have some action that needs attending."

A wrecked ship has recently cycled to the surface in the Flotsam Graveyard, with signs that it might date back to the original Silent Tide invasion—a centuries-past naval operation by Taldan operatives known as the Black Echelon attempting to take control of Absalom. A newly uncovered vessel from that era would be a great discovery for a group of new Pathfinder agents—however, it seems that the people who informed me of the ship got scared off by something on board. While bringing back the ship in style would be a nice boost of morale, if you can get it sailing, just scouting it out and see what is the truth of its origin is all that needs to be done.

And if you need a bit of a ‘pick me up’ take this’ she slips out a small unmarked flask that has some sweet red liquid in it. “That should keep your sould with your body” The flask is a minor healing potion

---

All that is left is to mingel with Eando and Sorrina

Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*

Sorrina and Eando are talking about the particulars in the binding and banishing of various evils. She looks up a you. "There are many things not of this plane that we need to face. Do you know your demons from your deamons? Or other planer threats?"

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 19/22 (3 temp.) | AC 18 (16 raging) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +4 | Hero Points 0/3 | Conditions: Raging | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

"I'm not too well-read on those sorts of things," Keemul admits. "But I think I've tangled with a few little ones! They went down easy enough, but I heard it's an easier job with the right...metals? Or some magic, I suppose."

Deception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Vigilant Seal

? LN elfbane hobgoblin investigator 1 HP 14/17 | AC 18 | F +4 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: -

Arvax waits for Keemul talk to Sorrina and Eando. "I don't know demon from daemons. But I do know shaitans from xorns from mephits. Do you know what xiomorns are? I've never seen one but they are terrifying creatures from the Plane of Earth - terrifying not in the way as scary but in that they ... well we can talk about it another time if you wish."

Plane of Earth lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Envoy's Alliance

Human rogue 2 | HP 26 AC 19 | F +5 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 Stealth +10

"Thank you , Master Gorm. The healing scroll might come in very useful."

Mikaela was happy with the night's events, and her part in them. It seemed that she was on her way to becoming a first rate Pathfinder...assuming she survived her first few missions.

Grand Archive

Swashbluckler 2 AC 19 | HP 24/24| F +3 R +10 W +6 | Init +6 Perception, +8 Stealth| HP 1 (+1)

Katami teams with Arvax to speaks with Sorrina

Master of Spell? Contrary to Arvax I don't know much about the plane of earth, except for its Elemental Lords, do you know Sairazul, the Crystalline Queen? She's the good counterpart of Ayrzul, the Fossilized King! I've only recently learn about Her a few years ago when I help the Society freed Ranginori. What a discovery don't you think?

Elemental Lord: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Vigilant Seal

Spells: Lvl 1: 1/4 | Focus Points: 1/1 LG F Gnome (Divine Wellspring) Sorceror 2 Per +6 (low-light vision) | AC 16 | For +6 Ref +6 Will +8 | HP 14/24 | Speed 25

Mirtha politely thanks Calisro, Tamrin and Valais for the items that they provided and promises that she will make sure that the team executes their command to the best of their abilities.

Mirtha perks up when Sorrina mentions demons. "Yes, some people have grown lax since the World Wound has closed but the threat of fiends is still everywhere. Not just demons, but devils and daemons are constantly trying to get a foothold in our world. We must remain vigilante against evil at all times."

Not sure if she can make another check. If she can't she'd like to use diablic edict on the next PC who attempts to make a check instead, which grants a +1 status bonus to a skill check.

Diabolic Edict

Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*

Sorrina seems curiously optimistic with your demostration of knowledge. "It seems the Vigilant Seal will be in good hands with pathfinders like these"

Eando smiles and bows as the Dean of Spells takes her leave. "Well my budding initiates. That brings me to a small task that needs investigating"

A researcher from the College of Mysteries has unearthed some esoteric lore and has begun experimenting with some of the rituals she found within. These rituals seem particularly dangerous, to the extent that some of her colleagues are concerned about her efforts. I would like you to track down the researcher and determine whether the rituals she is studying are under control or if they are too dangerous and need to be stopped.

That should conclude the meet and greet. Just to sum up the missions

Calisro -- Flotsam Graveyard
Eando -- The Museum
Fola -- The Petrified Pathfinder
Gorm -- The Haunted House

Envoy's Alliance

Human rogue 2 | HP 26 AC 19 | F +5 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 Stealth +10

"Looks like we have our work cut out for us. With a little prioritization based on immediate consequences, it seems like our best course of action is to handle the ritualist first, followed by the shipwreck, then the haunted house, and finally the petrified pathfinder."

Vigilant Seal

Spells: Lvl 1: 1/4 | Focus Points: 1/1 LG F Gnome (Divine Wellspring) Sorceror 2 Per +6 (low-light vision) | AC 16 | For +6 Ref +6 Will +8 | HP 14/24 | Speed 25

"I agree with that assessment. We do t know what kind of ritual they're performing, but for all we know demonic forces could be spilling out into the streets of Absalom as we speak. Let's go there post haste."

Mirtha runs to her room to grab her backpack and crossbow and is ready to go within minutes.

Grand Archive

Swashbluckler 2 AC 19 | HP 24/24| F +3 R +10 W +6 | Init +6 Perception, +8 Stealth| HP 1 (+1)

Seems logical to me. Lets start with the ritual.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 19/22 (3 temp.) | AC 18 (16 raging) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +4 | Hero Points 0/3 | Conditions: Raging | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

"Would they really trust something that potentially bad to new recruits?" Keemul calls after Mirtha. "Although, Arvax and I are along for the ride, so I'd trust us. But it sounds like we should be quick, so let's go!"

Vigilant Seal

? LN elfbane hobgoblin investigator 1 HP 14/17 | AC 18 | F +4 R +8 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: -

Arvax stiffly nods to the group. "Yes, ritual is first. Don't want anything to get out of hand.".

Envoy's Alliance

Male LG versatile Human Ranger 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 | Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 | Perc +7, Stealth +7 | Speed 25 ft. | Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploration Mode: Scout | Conditions: none | Active Abilities: none| Reactions: none

"Alright. Didn't have any dealings with cultists yet, but I assume there's a first for everything." Vanak concludes last. "And there are probably plenty of firsts in this place." He mumbles to himself taking all of the Grand Lodge in one last time as he walks towards the exit of the hall. "Let's gather outside, I'll need to see if my useless bird wrecked his stomach with sewer rats again." Vanak says over his shoulder towards the group while leaving, filled with pleasant anticipation for his first mission.

Vigilant Seal

Spells: Lvl 1: 1/4 | Focus Points: 1/1 LG F Gnome (Divine Wellspring) Sorceror 2 Per +6 (low-light vision) | AC 16 | For +6 Ref +6 Will +8 | HP 14/24 | Speed 25

Mirtha glares at Keemul, her red eyes blazing with fanaticism and rage. "Evil is everywhere, just waiting for the opportune moment to strike. A novice conjurist meddling in magic they don't understand is just the kind of opportunity that a fiend would use to get a cloven foothold in our world." The fiery gnome storms off in the direction of the College before suddenly stopping in her heels. "Do you think we should take some time to ask around about this academic? Maybe someone knows what kind of magic they are dabbling in."

If we decide to take time to Gather Information

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Not doing great on my d20 rolls in this game.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*

Asking around you find out that Tavvar is working her ritual after hours at the Balkros Museum.

You are greeted at the front door of the museum by Chayron, one of the staff that tends to the caretaking of the museum proper though not specific artifacts. “Yes come in. Tavvar is performing her experiments on the third floor.” He points to one of the stairways. “You can go up there to the second floor then make you way to her chamber on the third

On the second floor are four areas of note.

1. The Staff Offices
2. The Lecture Hall
3. Hall of Incantation
4. Hall of Legendary Beasts

Envoy's Alliance

Human rogue 2 | HP 26 AC 19 | F +5 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 Stealth +10

"What do you think? Do we bother to look through the second floor? Or just head straight upstairs? I'm all for going straight for the target."

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 19/22 (3 temp.) | AC 18 (16 raging) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +4 | Hero Points 0/3 | Conditions: Raging | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

"Well, let's see if we can find out anything more," Keemul says. He turns to the caretaker with a winning smile. "Chayron, friend, you wouldn't happen to know what she's up to? It could change our game plan. We can always ooh-aah at the museum on our way out, but her trying something dangerous might warrant a mad dash up there."

Grand Archive

Swashbluckler 2 AC 19 | HP 24/24| F +3 R +10 W +6 | Init +6 Perception, +8 Stealth| HP 1 (+1)

The Blakros Museum?! I've heard only bad things about this place... not a good omen.

Katami follows her comrades and waits for Chayron's answer to Keemul before choosing a path.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks SFS 2-08: The Sumbling Society Pt 2 *-* Fall of Plaguestone *-*

A thing:

1d4 ⇒ 2

Making your way to the other side of the floor an in to the Hall of Legendary Beasts

A gigantic reptilian beast is on display in the center of this expansive gallery, ferociously leering over the collection of taxidermy animals and monsters. Shadows flit between the displays, meandering and shuffling shapes reminiscent of museum patrons. Then a distant shriek echoes off the walls, as the shadow of a stuffed owlbear lashes out at one of the shadow-visitors with its talons. The shadow of the tyrannosaur in the room’s center departs from its source and snaps at the misty image of another patron, tossing its head back and seeming to swallow its meal nearly whole. Other shadows snarl and hiss, scuffling amongst themselves as shadow-guests panic and run toward the exit.

You hear sounds of a struggle going on up the stairs and head up to investigate.

Droning voices echo off the mahogany walls and domed, plaster ceiling of this luxurious room. The sumptuous furniture has been pushed to the sides of the room, making space for eldritch markings and mystical paraphernalia laid carefully over the plush carpet. The chamber seems muted and dim despite the crystal chandelier overhead, and a bonenumbing chill seeps through the space along with a metallic scent. A ritual is obviously underway here, but it doesn’t seem as though it’s working as planned. Shadowy energy lashes out from a twisting breach in the center of the room, and indistinct shapes flit and scuttle along the walls.

Initiative:

Per, Keemul: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Per, Mikaela: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Per, Vanak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Per, Arvax: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Per, Mirtha: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Per, Katami: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Ritual: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

To make things simple, you can all have your weapons out as you head up. And as to not create a line. It will take one action to get to the yellow box on the third floor and then you can go from there

VAnak Arvax, Mirtra, and Katami can act before "things" happen

Status Card wrote:

The Museum Ritual

Group conditions:
Round 1

Vanak --
Arvax --
Mirtha --
Katami --

Ritual

Keemul --
Mikaela --

Tavvar
Assistants

Grand Archive

Swashbluckler 2 AC 19 | HP 24/24| F +3 R +10 W +6 | Init +6 Perception, +8 Stealth| HP 1 (+1)

@GM what can we do to help the ritual? Is there some monster we can attack?

Katami, her war fan in hands gets upstairs and looks around, trying to understand what's going on!

2 actions for stride, one action left

1 to 50 of 240 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [RD][PFS2] 1-01: The Absalom Initiation -- Grand Lodge All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.