GM RePete's Veteran's Vault (Inactive)

Game Master RePete

Maps/Handouts


151 to 200 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Commissioned Portrait | Female Half-Elf/Half-Varisian Unchained Rogue 5 | HP:33/33 (-7 NL) | AC:18(/22 AoO), T14(/18 AoO), FF14 | CMD:14, FF10 | Saves:F2/R7*/W2 | Init:3 | Perc:13(/15 trap or foe) | SM:11 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack:3d6 | Inspired trait reroll 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 0/1, Faction pin skill bonus 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Kn.Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 saves, please (highest/lowest)

OK she shouts out what she remembered about the creatures, will throw an Alchemist's fire at the south Darkmantle...
ranged touch attack 20': 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 2 = 17
Alchemist's Fire damage turn 1: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Plus 1 splash to other creatures within 5'

...then hunker down behind Thoril and 5-foot-step into the alcove to the north for more reliable cover, then attempt to hide...
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 I am horrible at understanding when I do or don't get cover, so if that won't work then I will take the -10 to hide behind Thoril instead.

Next turn I plan to try to shoot from the north alcove in stealth against whomever doesn't notice me, then move to the south alcove and try to hide again, should work if they are both cover, and since I'm moving positions I don't think I'd take the -20 for sniping - let me know if that will work or not

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

Serpentfang commands Vivienne in to the darkness to attack. He then readies a spell for if or when he sees an enemy. Vivi find them and kill them! Readies Ray of Enfeeblement as a ranged touch spell. DM I can’t remember the rule on scent does it negate the miss chance or does it only let you pinpoint the location like a perception check?


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

Serpeant, you can actually see the two in the front. I know it's difficult to see but the light aoe and dark aoe are overlapping there. You can't see the croc or the other thing currently though.

Scent:

The creature detects another creature’s presence but not its specific location. Noting the direction of the scent is a move action. If the creature moves within 5 feet (1 square) of the scent’s source, the creature can pinpoint the area that the source occupies, even if it cannot be seen.

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

It’s hard to tell the arrangement of the room but Vivi moves next to Thoril and Serp will cast his spell on the bat looking thing closer to his snake.
Ray of Enfeeblement: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 DC 15 or take 5 str dmg

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:10/13 ] AC: 18[15], T: 11[8], FF: 17[14], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Large Falcata: +9, (2d6+9, 19-20x3) Rage [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 19-20x3)]

my apologies, I posted on Monday, it must not have gone through.

Thoril will move up and swing at one of the bats

atk: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

dmg: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 6) + 10 = 18

crit confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

crit dmg: 4d6 + 20 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 2) + 20 = 33


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

GM Screen:

Perceptions: 3d20 ⇒ (12, 10, 7) = 29
Fort DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Bite vs Thoril: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 for B/P/S: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 and grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Tail Slap vs Thoril: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 for Bludgeoning: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Slam vs Thoril: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 = 9 for Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 and Grab: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15

Althea quickly lodges a bolt deep into the tough hide of the croc as the darkness overtakes it. (No sneak attack)

Cursing as she can no longer see any foe, she waits...for but a moment. Xiao quickly moves forward, displaying two new enemies in the darkness.

Althea recognizes these beasts instantly as Darkmantles...but this pair are more than just the standard ones she's read about before. She knows all about their ability to grab and constrict foes and their wills tend to falter.

Lobbing a vial into the fray, she ducks down behind her companions.
(Ref/Fort tied for best. Will is worst save) And I'll give you the cover for him

Quinn quickly withdraws from the action as Serpentfang sends a ray of inky blackness into the creature. Taking the blow full on, it seems to weaken significantly.

Confidently striding forward, Thoril slices the other beast in half.

The crock lashes out at Thoril...but fails to connect in any meaningful way. The remaining darkmantle flails wildly as well, unable to find it's prey.

A ball of fire suddenly materializes in front of Thoril and rolls towards him.

Thoril need a reflex save DC 17 vs Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) = 12

Spellcraft DC 17:

Fun in the Dark: Round 3 (+1 attack/damage/fear)
Althea
Xiao
Quinn (-6)
Serpeantfang
Thoril (-8) --> Reflex Save DC 17 Pending

Croc (-9)
Darkmantles (red, -1; -5 Str)(purple, Dead...significantly)
??

Party Up

Liberty's Edge

Commissioned Portrait | Female Half-Elf/Half-Varisian Unchained Rogue 5 | HP:33/33 (-7 NL) | AC:18(/22 AoO), T14(/18 AoO), FF14 | CMD:14, FF10 | Saves:F2/R7*/W2 | Init:3 | Perc:13(/15 trap or foe) | SM:11 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack:3d6 | Inspired trait reroll 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 0/1, Faction pin skill bonus 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Hoping the remaining darkmantle didn't see her hide, she will shoot at it, then move to the south nook and attempt to hide again.
L.Crossbow attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
L.Crossbow damage + sneak attack: 1d8 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + (2, 5) = 12

sneak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

The Exchange

Male LG Human Investigator 4 | HP 25/31 | AC 18* T 11 FF 17* | CMB +5 (+7 with sword cane), CMD 16 | F: +5**, R: +8**, W: +8** [+2 vs poisons, +1 vs charms/compulsions] | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 9/9 |Tireless Logic 1/1 | Active conditions: Unflankable (5 hours), *Barkskin (40 minutes), Expeditious Retreat (4 minutes), **Heroism (50 minutes)

With a furious melee taking place in the narrow tunnel to the west, Quinn knows his best contribution is to watch the rear.

I'm going to do Total Defence and let our heavy-hitters sort out these bad guys! :)

Silver Crusade

Xiao Junior | Male NG Halfling - usually enjoying life | Bard 5, Oracle 1 | Bardic Performance 14/21 | HP 51/51| AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +11 / +9 vs. fear | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, Dipl: +24, SM: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Oracle 1st 4/5 | Bard 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4 | Speed 15 ft (40 ft on riding dog), Swim 15 ft | Familiar 12/12 HP | Riding Dog HP 13/13 | Active conditions:

Xiao junior casts BLESS on the party!

"May the lady bless your actions!" he shouts and moves forward a bit.

With Inspire and bless: +2 Attack/ +1 to Damage.

Liberty's Edge

Commissioned Portrait | Female Half-Elf/Half-Varisian Unchained Rogue 5 | HP:33/33 (-7 NL) | AC:18(/22 AoO), T14(/18 AoO), FF14 | CMD:14, FF10 | Saves:F2/R7*/W2 | Init:3 | Perc:13(/15 trap or foe) | SM:11 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack:3d6 | Inspired trait reroll 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 0/1, Faction pin skill bonus 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Oh, I forgot my +1 attack/damage on the last attack. Probably won't be enough to make it a hit anyway, but every lil bit helps! And 'sneak' is supposed to be 'stealth' lol

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

Doesnt look like there is any room for the snake to move up and attack, so she’ll prepare to attack anything that gets past Thoril, and Serpentfang will just send Magic Missiles out, two at each enemy.

Readied Attack:
Bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 261d4 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Magic Missile vs Dark Mantle: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8
Magic Missile vs Croc: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9
Thoril if you get overwhelmed just back up and let Vivienne in.


Botting Guide

With a *THUNK* a massive mound of clay drops into the corridor. Enveloping the one called 'Thoril' it wiggles his hands and legs for a moment before eyeing all in range.

'Combat 41 active!'

'Bot Protocols unfounded...Initiating Assumption Protocols!'

Thoril Reflex DC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Success!

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 for Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 3) + 10 = 17

Slashing at the remaining darkmantle, the glob slides up the ceiling and through a trap door, leaving Thoril to fend for himself.


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

GM Screen:

Perception?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Bite vs Thoril: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 for Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 and Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Tailslap vs Thoril: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4 for Bludgeoning: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Fire: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) = 7
Magic Missile vs Thoril: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 3 = 10

Althea fires off a shot, but seems more concerned about finding cover and the bolt goes wide.

Calling upon the heavens, Xiao blesses the group's efforts as Quinn guards the rear.

Serpeantfang blasts the two villains in sight with translucent bolts of energy as he instructs his companion to prepare.

The clay beast of Thoril quickly slices the remaining darkmantle in half!

The croc lashes out and bites a chunk out of Thoril, but fails to keep hold as the large man dodges the tail with ease. The ball of fire rolls around and tries to engulf Thoril again.
Reflex DC 17 vs 7 fire damage

Three darts of force fly out of the darkness and slam into Thoril with a vengeance.

Fun in the Dark: Round 4 (+1 attack/damage/fear)
Althea
Xiao
Quinn (-6)
Serpeantfang
Thoril (-27) --> Reflex Save DC 17 Pending

Croc (-18)
Darkmantles
??

Party Up; Darkmantles are down, but the darkness spell is still active

Silver Crusade

Xiao Junior | Male NG Halfling - usually enjoying life | Bard 5, Oracle 1 | Bardic Performance 14/21 | HP 51/51| AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +11 / +9 vs. fear | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, Dipl: +24, SM: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Oracle 1st 4/5 | Bard 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4 | Speed 15 ft (40 ft on riding dog), Swim 15 ft | Familiar 12/12 HP | Riding Dog HP 13/13 | Active conditions:

If Thoril rolls below 13 on the die then Xiao will make him reroll the saving throw.

Xiao cast grease below the crocodile!

Reflex dc 16.

The Exchange

Male LG Human Investigator 4 | HP 25/31 | AC 18* T 11 FF 17* | CMB +5 (+7 with sword cane), CMD 16 | F: +5**, R: +8**, W: +8** [+2 vs poisons, +1 vs charms/compulsions] | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 9/9 |Tireless Logic 1/1 | Active conditions: Unflankable (5 hours), *Barkskin (40 minutes), Expeditious Retreat (4 minutes), **Heroism (50 minutes)

Quinn draws a wand, ready to assist his injured allies once the fighting is done.

Move action to draw a wand of cure light wounds, and then total defence.

Liberty's Edge

Commissioned Portrait | Female Half-Elf/Half-Varisian Unchained Rogue 5 | HP:33/33 (-7 NL) | AC:18(/22 AoO), T14(/18 AoO), FF14 | CMD:14, FF10 | Saves:F2/R7*/W2 | Init:3 | Perc:13(/15 trap or foe) | SM:11 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack:3d6 | Inspired trait reroll 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 0/1, Faction pin skill bonus 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Hmm the forums ate my last post...

She will continue to shoot her light crossbow (this time at the croc) and then dash to the nook across the corridor to hide again... (last stealth was 17 - dunno if croc saw me or not)

L.Crossbow attack (w/ bless & inspire): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
L.Crossbow damage (w/ inspire): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
sneak attack (if croc perception <17): 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
L.Crossbow confirm crit: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10
L.Crossbow crit damage (w/ inspire): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
new stealth check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

Croc is down after Althea's attack

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:10/13 ] AC: 18[15], T: 11[8], FF: 17[14], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Large Falcata: +9, (2d6+9, 19-20x3) Rage [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 19-20x3)]

ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:10/13 ] AC: 18[15], T: 11[8], FF: 17[14], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Large Falcata: +9, (2d6+9, 19-20x3) Rage [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 19-20x3)]

I was traveling over last 48hours. I will be able to post more regularly now

The Exchange

Male LG Human Investigator 4 | HP 25/31 | AC 18* T 11 FF 17* | CMB +5 (+7 with sword cane), CMD 16 | F: +5**, R: +8**, W: +8** [+2 vs poisons, +1 vs charms/compulsions] | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 9/9 |Tireless Logic 1/1 | Active conditions: Unflankable (5 hours), *Barkskin (40 minutes), Expeditious Retreat (4 minutes), **Heroism (50 minutes)

With the crocodile defeated, Quinn walks forward. "Good teamwork! Thoril, you look a bit sore there--this should help a little." He taps the nagaji with the wand and then enters the vault and looks around.

cure light wounds # 1: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
cure light wounds # 2: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

Still in initiative Quinn - but I'll let you keep those CLW rolls if you'd like - or reroll them when you use it. :-P

Stepping out of the shadows, Althea quickly puts a bolt straight through the beasties eye...dropping it as Quinn draws a wand.

Xiao - you are welcome to keep the grease cast or redo your round 4 action

Thoril sidesteps the rolling fire again as Serpeantfang evaluates the room...knowing there has to be something else in the dark...

Thoril can see this creature due to darkvision - rest are still blocked by the darkness
Stepping cautiously from around a bench on the far side of the room, a ghastly creature appears. Cackling, it points to the ball of fire and moves it again around to try and engulf Thoril. A few arcane words later and a hole appears where the steps once stood going down into darkness.

Potential Fire vs Thoril: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) = 9 Another Reflex DC 17 to avoid this

The hole is right at the edge of Xiao's light so everyone can see the first 5x10 section of it.

Fun in the Dark: Round 5 (+2 attack/+1 damage/+1 fear)

Althea
Xiao (Can take a different round of actions for Rnd 4 if wanted)
Quinn (-6 - CLW wand in hand)
Serpeantfang
Thoril (-27) --> Reflex Save DC 17 Pending

??

The Exchange

Male LG Human Investigator 4 | HP 25/31 | AC 18* T 11 FF 17* | CMB +5 (+7 with sword cane), CMD 16 | F: +5**, R: +8**, W: +8** [+2 vs poisons, +1 vs charms/compulsions] | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 9/9 |Tireless Logic 1/1 | Active conditions: Unflankable (5 hours), *Barkskin (40 minutes), Expeditious Retreat (4 minutes), **Heroism (50 minutes)

Whoops, sorry GM! This place is full of beasties :) Quinn will nonetheless follow through with the plan, and use the first rolled charge from the wand on Thoril. Hey, something is better than nothing!

Silver Crusade

Xiao Junior | Male NG Halfling - usually enjoying life | Bard 5, Oracle 1 | Bardic Performance 14/21 | HP 51/51| AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +11 / +9 vs. fear | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, Dipl: +24, SM: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Oracle 1st 4/5 | Bard 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4 | Speed 15 ft (40 ft on riding dog), Swim 15 ft | Familiar 12/12 HP | Riding Dog HP 13/13 | Active conditions:

Round 4

Xiao moves forward on his riding dog. (40 ft speed)

He then readies an action to grease the floor of any enemy that approaches.

This should trigger when the caster arrives so please make the saves for this opponent instead.

-

Round 5

Xiao moves forward again and casts another grease spell but this time on the staff the caster is holding.

DC 16 reflex, immediate action misfortune on the caster of the saving throw die is 12 or above.


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

Reflex vs Grease DC 16: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Reflex 2 vs Grease DC 16: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Reflex 2 Misfortune vs Grease DC 16: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Commissioned Portrait | Female Half-Elf/Half-Varisian Unchained Rogue 5 | HP:33/33 (-7 NL) | AC:18(/22 AoO), T14(/18 AoO), FF14 | CMD:14, FF10 | Saves:F2/R7*/W2 | Init:3 | Perc:13(/15 trap or foe) | SM:11 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack:3d6 | Inspired trait reroll 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 0/1, Faction pin skill bonus 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Althea will follow the light (Xiao) as it moves (Do I need to make an acrobatics check for the pit that has disappeared? As long as I don't enter the fireball square, it can't hurt me this turn, right?)


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

I put the pit back. Missed it before, but Xiao's doggo will need an acrobatics check to jump to pit. The DC to jump it is 10 (with a running start)

As for the flaming sphere, you can actually move through that square without issue.

I'm going to assume Xia delays until those without another light source have a chance to act so they don't have to try and deal with jumping the pit while effectively blinded.

Reminder: This room has broken knives and daggers all over the floor - moving more than half speed in the big room risks injury

Silver Crusade

Xiao Junior | Male NG Halfling - usually enjoying life | Bard 5, Oracle 1 | Bardic Performance 14/21 | HP 51/51| AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +11 / +9 vs. fear | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, Dipl: +24, SM: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Oracle 1st 4/5 | Bard 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4 | Speed 15 ft (40 ft on riding dog), Swim 15 ft | Familiar 12/12 HP | Riding Dog HP 13/13 | Active conditions:

Dog acrobatics jumping : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

The dog has 40 ft speed and I only moved half speed.

Liberty's Edge

Commissioned Portrait | Female Half-Elf/Half-Varisian Unchained Rogue 5 | HP:33/33 (-7 NL) | AC:18(/22 AoO), T14(/18 AoO), FF14 | CMD:14, FF10 | Saves:F2/R7*/W2 | Init:3 | Perc:13(/15 trap or foe) | SM:11 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack:3d6 | Inspired trait reroll 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 0/1, Faction pin skill bonus 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

OK I believe 30' movement gets me just out of the darkness and just into the big room.
Acrobatics jump: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
L. Crossbow attack (bless & inspire): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18
L. Crossbow damage (inspire): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

I assume this corridor has walls? If so Serp mounts up on Vivi and she’ll climb up the wall to avoid the pit. Double move 40ft. What check would you like us or me to make?

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:10/13 ] AC: 18[15], T: 11[8], FF: 17[14], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Large Falcata: +9, (2d6+9, 19-20x3) Rage [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 19-20x3)]

I made 2 saves am I still taking dmg or am I needing 2 more saves

The Exchange

Male LG Human Investigator 4 | HP 25/31 | AC 18* T 11 FF 17* | CMB +5 (+7 with sword cane), CMD 16 | F: +5**, R: +8**, W: +8** [+2 vs poisons, +1 vs charms/compulsions] | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 9/9 |Tireless Logic 1/1 | Active conditions: Unflankable (5 hours), *Barkskin (40 minutes), Expeditious Retreat (4 minutes), **Heroism (50 minutes)

Just checking in :)


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

Serpeantfang, no check required.
Thoril, the creature had the ball of fire attack you again so need a new save vs the new attack.
~~Thoril, you can take actions for round 5 and round 6

GM Screen:

Magic Missile vs Xiao: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8
Magic Missile vs Althea: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Acrobatics DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Ref DC 16 to keep the staff in hand: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Greasing the creature and it's staff, Xiao finds it's determination to remain standing frustrating.

Using her companion's light source, Althea manages to jump the gap and fire her crossbow at the villain. However, it misses it's mark.

Quinn mends some of the wounds afflicting Thoril as Serpeantfang climbs abreast his companion and moves into the bigger room.

Two bolts of energy slam into Xiao and one slams into Althea before the tiny beast cautiously steps out of the slick grease.

Spellcraft DC 16:

It cast Magic Missile

Fun in the Dark: Round 5 Continued (+2 attack/+1 damage/+1 fear)

Thoril (-23) --> Reflex Save DC 17 Pending

Fun in the Dark: Round 6 (+2 attack/+1 damage/+1 fear)
Althea (-5)
Xiao (-8)
Quinn (-6 - CLW wand in hand)
Serpeantfang
Thoril
(-23)
??

Party Up - Thoril up for Round 5 and Round 6
Ball of Fire Vanishes

Silver Crusade

Xiao Junior | Male NG Halfling - usually enjoying life | Bard 5, Oracle 1 | Bardic Performance 14/21 | HP 51/51| AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +11 / +9 vs. fear | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, Dipl: +24, SM: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Oracle 1st 4/5 | Bard 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4 | Speed 15 ft (40 ft on riding dog), Swim 15 ft | Familiar 12/12 HP | Riding Dog HP 13/13 | Active conditions:

Xiao casts hideous laughter on the caster.

”Is that funny?!?“

CL 3 (magical knack trait) with DC 16 Will save but +4 to save as type is different.


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

Will DC16: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 4 = 26

Well, won't matter with that roll - But you would have discovered this creature has Spell Resistance with that cast - it has SR 12

The Exchange

Male LG Human Investigator 4 | HP 25/31 | AC 18* T 11 FF 17* | CMB +5 (+7 with sword cane), CMD 16 | F: +5**, R: +8**, W: +8** [+2 vs poisons, +1 vs charms/compulsions] | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 9/9 |Tireless Logic 1/1 | Active conditions: Unflankable (5 hours), *Barkskin (40 minutes), Expeditious Retreat (4 minutes), **Heroism (50 minutes)

Quinn quickly taps Thoril again with the wand, and then the magical implement crumbles into dust. "Huh," Quinn says. "Well big guy, that's that."

wand of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

It amuses me they'd give an Iconic a wand with just two charges.

Liberty's Edge

Commissioned Portrait | Female Half-Elf/Half-Varisian Unchained Rogue 5 | HP:33/33 (-7 NL) | AC:18(/22 AoO), T14(/18 AoO), FF14 | CMD:14, FF10 | Saves:F2/R7*/W2 | Init:3 | Perc:13(/15 trap or foe) | SM:11 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack:3d6 | Inspired trait reroll 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 0/1, Faction pin skill bonus 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Are those round well-looking things in the north of the room something that might provide cover? Also have we identified what type of creature the spellcaster is? (besides ghastly beastie of course)


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

Removed Xiou's light radius so you could see the room better. The round deals and the table at the bottom left would be suitable to provide cover. The table would require you to kneel behind it, but the barrels are tall enough to stand

The creature looks a lot like the other tiny beasts you encountered earlier, but a Knowledge Nature DC 15 could confirm

Liberty's Edge

Commissioned Portrait | Female Half-Elf/Half-Varisian Unchained Rogue 5 | HP:33/33 (-7 NL) | AC:18(/22 AoO), T14(/18 AoO), FF14 | CMD:14, FF10 | Saves:F2/R7*/W2 | Init:3 | Perc:13(/15 trap or foe) | SM:11 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack:3d6 | Inspired trait reroll 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 0/1, Faction pin skill bonus 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Since it looks kinda like the other ones I'm gonna use my cold iron bolts.

Althea picks her way carefully through the detritus and aims her crossbow again, switching ammunition as she thinks she recognizes the type of creature.
Kn.Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
L.Crossbow attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
L.Crossbow damage Cold Iron bolts: 1d8 ⇒ 7

The Exchange

Male LG Human Investigator 4 | HP 25/31 | AC 18* T 11 FF 17* | CMB +5 (+7 with sword cane), CMD 16 | F: +5**, R: +8**, W: +8** [+2 vs poisons, +1 vs charms/compulsions] | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 9/9 |Tireless Logic 1/1 | Active conditions: Unflankable (5 hours), *Barkskin (40 minutes), Expeditious Retreat (4 minutes), **Heroism (50 minutes)

Who are we waiting on? Could I gently suggest some aggressive botting so we can power through? :)

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

Vivienne double moves (40ft.) and bases bbg. While serp dismounts and Casts Scorching Ray at the bbg.
Know Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Ray vs Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 284d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5, 1) = 11 DC 16 Ref
CLC vs SR: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 104d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4, 5) = 20

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:10/13 ] AC: 18[15], T: 11[8], FF: 17[14], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Large Falcata: +9, (2d6+9, 19-20x3) Rage [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 19-20x3)]

For round 5 Thoril will double move to base the creature

acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14

For round 6 Thoril will swing at the creature.

atk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

dmg: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4) + 10 = 18

Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

GM Screen:

Cast Defensively DC 17: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Althea fires another bolt at the beast, but misses as Xiao tells a joke.

Quinn mends the big guys wound and serpeant approaches the foe. With a quick spell, he blasts it with a firey ray.

The big man moves up, but fails to connect with his swing.

With a few word, the enemy casts a spell on Thoril. (Need a Will Save DC 19 from Thoril - you get +4 on the save)

Spell Craft 17:

It cast Hideous Laughter

Serpeantfang:

You know this is another Jenkin (Fey Grimlin)

DR 5/Cold Iron and SR 12

You also recognize this one has extensive spell casting abilities

Fun in the Dark: Round 7 (+2 attack/+1 damage/+1 fear)[ooc]

Althea [ooc](-5)
Xiao (-8)
Quinn (-6 - CLW wand in hand)
Serpeantfang
Thoril (-23)

Jenkin (-11)

Party UP

Liberty's Edge

Commissioned Portrait | Female Half-Elf/Half-Varisian Unchained Rogue 5 | HP:33/33 (-7 NL) | AC:18(/22 AoO), T14(/18 AoO), FF14 | CMD:14, FF10 | Saves:F2/R7*/W2 | Init:3 | Perc:13(/15 trap or foe) | SM:11 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack:3d6 | Inspired trait reroll 1/1 | Messenger bag reroll 0/1, Faction pin skill bonus 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Althea will move carefully into the grease area and switch her weapon to her Cold Iron Rapier.

Cold Iron Rapier attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Cold Iron Rapier damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Don't think I can get to a flanking position this turn due to half speed shenanigans. I think I only need an acrobatics check from moving within or through grease squares, but I will roll it here for good measure anyway.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

The Exchange

Male LG Human Investigator 4 | HP 25/31 | AC 18* T 11 FF 17* | CMB +5 (+7 with sword cane), CMD 16 | F: +5**, R: +8**, W: +8** [+2 vs poisons, +1 vs charms/compulsions] | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 9/9 |Tireless Logic 1/1 | Active conditions: Unflankable (5 hours), *Barkskin (40 minutes), Expeditious Retreat (4 minutes), **Heroism (50 minutes)

Quinn rushes to catch up to the group.

Double move. With expeditious retreat, I think I'll receive a +12 bonus to Acrobatics checks to jump, so the pit shouldn't be an issue.

Silver Crusade

Xiao Junior | Male NG Halfling - usually enjoying life | Bard 5, Oracle 1 | Bardic Performance 14/21 | HP 51/51| AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +11 / +9 vs. fear | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, Dipl: +24, SM: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Oracle 1st 4/5 | Bard 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4 | Speed 15 ft (40 ft on riding dog), Swim 15 ft | Familiar 12/12 HP | Riding Dog HP 13/13 | Active conditions:

Xiao casts another hideous laughter on the caster.

”Wasn't that funny enough?!?“

CL 3 (magical knack trait) with DC 16 Will save but +4 to save as type is different.

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

Vivi kill!!! Serpentfang concentrates for a moment, then hurls another Searing Ray at the magical creature.
ray vs touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 224d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 1) + 1 = 11
CL check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Female Constrictor Lvl 4 Animal Companion

Hisssss! Vivienne lashes out at the creature attempting to wrap around the caster.
Bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 231d4 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 If the bite hits she gets a free grapple due to grab.
Grab: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

GM Screen:

Will DC 16: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 4 = 13

Xioa Spell Resistance Check DC 12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Thoril Will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Althea, looks like +5 is your base attack with the rapier so the bless would get you the bonus to hit you need - if I'm wrong, let me know.
Althea cautiously moves forward, inching onto the slippery patch. With a might thrust, her rapier finds home in the beast!

Xiao pressing the foe for a reaction, it glances towards Althea sliding about and becomes overcome. Dropping to the ground the enemy beings squeaking eerily. (Failed)

Though unable to see the pit, Quinn roughly recalls where it once was. Taking a few steps, he leaps over and...finds the other side.

Serpeantfang fires a volley of fire at the prone creature, but fails to penetrate it's natural resistances as Vivenne takes hold of the cackling opponent.

The beast suddenly goes limp...defeated.

Technically, it still has a couple HP left but calling the fight here. I have full faith between the group, you could handle the last bit of it before it has a chance of trying the save vs hideous laughter again.

Searching the area carefully, you locate a loose flagstone. Pulling it up, you discover a plans silver locket with the engraving 'Ever Yours - EK'.

The trove also includes a handy haversack containing a +1 longsword, +1 mithral chain shirt, a ring of sustenance, and several hundred gold and platinum coins.

Feel free to RP a bit. I'll get a final post up after a bit and finish working on chronicles

The Exchange

Male LG Human Investigator 4 | HP 25/31 | AC 18* T 11 FF 17* | CMB +5 (+7 with sword cane), CMD 16 | F: +5**, R: +8**, W: +8** [+2 vs poisons, +1 vs charms/compulsions] | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 9/9 |Tireless Logic 1/1 | Active conditions: Unflankable (5 hours), *Barkskin (40 minutes), Expeditious Retreat (4 minutes), **Heroism (50 minutes)

Quinn looks puzzled. "Well, this locket must be what Sascha was after. I wonder who 'E.K.' was. Must have been someone important to her if she's willing to give up all this treasure just to get it back . . ."

Silver Crusade

Xiao Junior | Male NG Halfling - usually enjoying life | Bard 5, Oracle 1 | Bardic Performance 14/21 | HP 51/51| AC 19 T 16 FF 14 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | F: +9, R: +14, W: +11 / +9 vs. fear | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, Dipl: +24, SM: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Oracle 1st 4/5 | Bard 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4 | Speed 15 ft (40 ft on riding dog), Swim 15 ft | Familiar 12/12 HP | Riding Dog HP 13/13 | Active conditions:

Xiao jumps into the air!

”We did it!!! Sascha will be super happy!! Let’s get this being bound and then we take her to the surface!“

151 to 200 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM RePete's Verteran's Vault Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.