GM Kulkos Racing to Ruin (Serpents Skull 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Kulko

Campaign Page
Map
Treasure Sheet

Orders:

Watch
Shalissa, Davor, Gregor, Kerndrew
Single File Marching
Gregor, Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Double File Marching
Gregor & Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Map


2,401 to 2,450 of 3,250 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

ATT Nkechi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Miss

Trying clumsily to cast another ray in her tortoise form, Shalissa missed completely and almost hits the priest. The rays crackle harmlessly along its shell, buit the giant crab is distracted enough that its own attack misses widely.

In the meantime Davor uses his pack Tactics to sneak up from behind and jump on the neck of the snake. With a mighty bite he severes the Serpents head from his body. The rest of the body keeps on trashing for a few seconds and then the Serpents disspates into a puff of smoke.

When you look around you notice the landscape of the mwangi expancse slowly turning transparent and Disappearing. Disoriented and conused you look around you and find yourself back in the cave sitting on the floor around the brazier.

Battle is won


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa's head spins for a while as the snake and everything else becomes just smoke "Uh... what a trip..." she blinks repeatedly "I suddenly found myself as a turtle, and you were a dog Davor, can you believe it?" she chuckles, expelling the remaining smoke out of her lungs and passing up the joint "What have you put there Nkechi, you better do not pass that to the Shiv cannibals..."

Trying to recompose herself, she puts her hair again back in place "There was the jungle... and some people entering a cave... and a monster lake... and a snake... I wonder what all that meant"


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor sits up, arcing his head back and howls.... but then remembers that he isn't really a dog that just ripped the head off of a giant snake. He glances around and grins.... "Ah, Woof?"


NG| Male| Human | 4th Ranger| Conditions: 35/35| AC:17 (FF15/T13)| FO:+5 RE:+7 WL:+4|Initiative: +3/+5 in Jungle| Perc:+9| Stealth: +8

Gregor comes back out of the dream trance and looks at Enzi and says Thanks for not eating me.....he laughs at Davor and says I say they neighhhhhhh and casts a wink at him.


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa laughs softly at Davor and Gregor's interjections "It is clear I was not the only one to suffer the hallucinations"

Then turning to Necki, she asks "And well... have we convinced you our expedition is worth the effort? Can we count with the portent skills of the Tempest?" she tries to offer her best smile.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Know religion DC 20:

You recognize the dream serpent’s death throes as a symbolic depiction of the decapitation of the ancient snake-god Ydersius.

" Whatever awaits you at the lost city is a thread to all he holds sacred. We need to hurry to prvent worse things happening.
My gods demands of me to accompagny your expedition. I will need to bring a few things in order but will meet you at the walled city in a few days. Where should we meet?"


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor gets serious as the expedition is mentioned. "We're leaving overland to try and get to Kalabuto before the others. Our helpers said they'd need a few days to finish gathering provisions. You can meet us at the Plump Mermaid if that is OK?"


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

K. religion DC 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
"There was a resemblance between the serpent's death and the decapitation of the ancient snake-god Ydersius" Shalissa frowns "I wonder if that means he is to play a role in our expedition. But given Saventh-Yhi was an Azlant city and they were the ones that defeated Ydersius, perhaps that is of no surprise" her face then changes and light up "I am really eager to discover more about it"

The smile continues as Nkechi shows he is too join the expedition "Great! Yes the Plump Mermaid is a good place. You can find us there at dusk, when not pursuing errands out of the city that is! You can leave us a note if we are not there"

With that, she stands up and respectfully nods to the Tempest "It was an adventure to meet you"

And looks back to the sea "Time to go back. I hope the mates have waited for us"


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"Thank you for a truly unique experience. Iomedae's path is divine and righteous, but it has never taken me to such places. Though I don't wish to travel such roads often, it's enlightening to see them once."


NG| Male| Human | 4th Ranger| Conditions: 35/35| AC:17 (FF15/T13)| FO:+5 RE:+7 WL:+4|Initiative: +3/+5 in Jungle| Perc:+9| Stealth: +8

Gregor nods at the Druid. and says Thank you for choosing to join us wise one. I look forward to learning from you as we travel. This is Enzi, my companion He indicates the leopard.


Jaguar 2HD Animal Companion.|15/15|AC:14, Touch:13 FF:11(+3 Dex,+1 Natural)|+4 FO/+6 RE/+4/WL|+3 Init|Low Light Vision,Scent| +2 Perception, +2 Sense Motive|

Enzi nodded as well...and then moved forward to sniff the Druid. much could be learned from the way a two leg smells. She moved around sniffing his body, and wrinkled her nose and opened her mouth with her tongue out. She had never smelled anything so rich, so full of strange scents, so...ripe.

After a few moments she rubbed up against his leg to mark him as she had with the others in the group. and then waited for the obligatory head rubbing that she was certain the Druid would offer.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

"Its agreed then, we will meet at the mermaid in two days. In the meantime I will ask Gozreh for a blessing of this Expedition."

He then invited you to another pot of tea, but you are feeeling the need to check back to Eleder. With all this talk about other factions, you want to make sure the preparations are on time. Outside you call for your companions to row you back to Eleder.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

The way back is quite pleasant for you as Matt and Shep do most of the rowing and so you arrive back in the city in high spirits.

Back in Eleder the Kassata is happy to hear that you manged to convince Nkechi to join you. "The ornery cuss will be good as gold once we are in the jungle"

She tthen informs, that the preparations are on track and the expedition is set to leave thecity in a week. Eager to enjoy the comfort of a clean bed for a few days longer, before saying goodbye to them for a few weeks again, you spend the evening at the Sargava club.

In the next morning you decide to check on the preparations yourself and visit your expeditions warehouse. You walk down the street along the dockside when screams erupt from up ahead. Moments, later a panicked mob tears down the street, fearfully pushing past almost running over you.

perception 15:

Between the cries for help and calls to flee for your live you think you hear some loud barking from down the street.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Father Kerndrew draws his sword, careful to avoid accidentally skewering an innocent passersby, and begins advancing towards the sounds that he hears up ahead. "Calm please! Retreat, but calmly; we'll have this under control in short order. Don't trample each other!"


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa enjoys the way back in the boat without having to oar "This Nkechi... he was a weird one, but his connection with the nature was so strong... there is still so much I have to learn"

"Shall we sell the pearls we found? I do not have much else to buy in preparation for our expedition, but if you have to, we can do it"

---

Daily spell preparations:

Orisons
light
detect magic
divine guidance
create water

Level 1 (5/day)
shocking grasp^
bless
command (Will 15)
obscuring mist
shield of faith

Level 2 (4/day)
flame blade (electrical version)^
hold person (Will 16)
sound burst (Fort 17)
summon monster II

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

"What is that? Do you hear the barking?" Shalissa looks forward worried, she quickly protects herself in a doorframe from the mob running over "Careful with that sword, they are scared Father Kerndrew!"

The elf attempts to stop someone a second enough to ask "What is going on?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor stays with his companions, not drawing a weapon but ready to do so if/when he notices whatever is scaring the people. "Stay together. Whatever has frightened everyone might be dangerous, even to us...."


NG| Male| Human | 4th Ranger| Conditions: 35/35| AC:17 (FF15/T13)| FO:+5 RE:+7 WL:+4|Initiative: +3/+5 in Jungle| Perc:+9| Stealth: +8

Gregor enjoys the trip back. hes light hearted and joking most the time, a true break from his normally serious and driven nature they experienced on the island. Back in Eleder he sleeps soundly until the next day and he is up and ready early. When they go to check out the expeditions warehouse and they hear some noise he makes out cries for help and barking. He picks up the pace heading towards the danger rather than away. he grins at his friends. Once more again into the fray ehh friends?

perception DC15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Jaguar 2HD Animal Companion.|15/15|AC:14, Touch:13 FF:11(+3 Dex,+1 Natural)|+4 FO/+6 RE/+4/WL|+3 Init|Low Light Vision,Scent| +2 Perception, +2 Sense Motive|

Enzi was padding down the street next to Gregor, staying lclose because she very much disliked the city. When she heard the screams and barking her ears went flat to the side of her head, and she hissed loudly before starting forward quicker, as she glanced up at Gregor she let out a low growl.

perception DC15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Shalissa and Kerndrew are able to calm down the people in your immediate vincity and several People are trying behind the armored Iomedean hoping for his protection.

When you turn your sight towards the source of the commotion, you spot a pair off loudly barking wild dogs running down the street, biting at people. This seems to be the reason everybody is running towards you.

Looking over the running people, you spot a small child standing in the middle of the plaza, frightened and unsure where to run.

Behind the dogs you also notice a cloud of smoke rising from a nearby building. remembering the layout of the city, you begin to fear for your supplies.

INI coming up in a few hours, but feel free to roll yourselves.


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa looks alarmed "Oh dear, we need to do something!" although it is not clear if she means about the dogs or the expedition being ruined by a fire.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

At the first opportunity, she starts to run decidedly towards the frozen kid in the middle of the street.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew's eyes immediately lock on the small kid; his only focus right now is saving him from the rabid dogs.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Ini:

Davor: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Kerndrew: 22 = 22
Shalissa: 19 = 19
Gregor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Dog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor
Kerndrew
Shalissa
Dog(Blue)
Dog(Red)
Enzi
Gregor

Kerndrew and Shalissa acted already I saw


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Seeing the child in danger Davor mutters the words to his spell to greatly increase his movement speed Spell Failure Chance (20): 1d20 ⇒ 13 and sprints to the block the movements of the dogs.

Casting Cheetah's Sprint. Running forward, and stabbing at the dog. (Red)

Dagger Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Flat-footed correct?
Confirm Crit?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (2, 1) + 8 = 11
Precision damage if flat-footed counts. Not doubled: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa looks impressed as Davor sprints up protecting the running folk "Oh, it seems the climbing exercise into Gozreh's Crest has done good to Davor's legs..."

She does herself move forward, but as she is not nearly as fast, she barely has time to tell the citizens to move away to safety "Go! Move!" when she reaches the kid, she attempts to shake him "This might be dangerous, you have to find a safety spot"

double move


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Seeing an easy prey the wild dog jumps out towards the child, but has barely left the ground when he is skewered right into the heart by Davors dagger, who seems to have appeared out of thin air in front of him.

Shalissa and Kerndrew rush to protect the child, while in the distance the smoke plumes get thicker and thicker.

Enraged by the sight ofhis brothers deatch the other dog attacks Davor.

Dog(Blue)
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
I understand you have been charging Davor, so this would be a hit now. If thats correct please make a Fort Check DC 14

Further down the street you notice another 4 dogs rushing towards you.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor
Kerndrew
Shalissa
Dog(Green)
Dog(Blue)
Dog(Yellow)
Dog(Pink)
Dog(Black)
Dog(Red) - Dead
Enzi
Gregor


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew dashes up to the action with a command on his lips. "Go check on the warehouse; I can handle these dogs!" He brings his longsword down hard on the closest dog, trying to free up Davor to check the warehouse with the others.

Actions:

Move: 20'
Standard: attack blue

+1 longsword, power attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21
damage, S, power attack: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 = 13


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa looks around trying to understand "What is going on?! Who is causing this?!"

When Fathern Kerndrew valiantly sets his feet in front of the crazy dogs and utters his promise, the elf nods and then looks back "Gregor! I am going to need you!"

She then rushes around the other building and towards the flames.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

That is correct.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Hearing Father Kerndrew's words Davor nods. "Will do! If someone has torched our supplies...." He turns to run toward the warehouse.

Withdraw around the building and run for the warehouse. I only readied that spell once.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

At the warehouse
Hearing Kerndrews command, Davor, Shalissa and Gregor all dash foward through the crowd towards there much needed supplies.

Half a minute later they arrive seeing There worst fears confirmed.
A indigenous looking man is Standing inside the open portal trying to ignite a molotov cocktail, while small clouds of smoke are rising from the other open door.

We are doing both battles in parallel, but if Kerndrew wants to move from the dogs to the warehouse it will take 3 Rounds to appear on the map.

At the market place
Kerndrew swings his sword and cuts another dog cleanly in half.

Dogs fight actions coming up later


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa opens her eyes at the sight of the flames on all the hard work they and their allies have been doing. She tentatively addresses the man with the smoking bottle before things get ugly "You! What do you think you are doing? Why do you do this? Stop this madness now!"
Diplomacy (if this is still possible): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor doesn't wait to see the results of Shalissa's words. The man was probably paid by one of their competitors and likely pretty sure that he wouldn't be hurt....

Wishing that he still had his running magic he charges at the man with his still bloody dagger. "Who's paid you? Does it cover your funeral!?!"

Charge attack with dagger: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Regular damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Precision if flat footed?: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

AC reduced by 2 for the charge.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Market

Seeing one man face them alone, the dogs start surrounding Kerndrew and bite him from all sides. But the full armor of the Paladin proves to be to tough for their teeth to crack.

In the meantime one of them looks for an easier prey and continues on towards the child, but luckily is distracted by the loud crying noises.

Kerndrew, you have an AoO vs Green

Attacking Dogs:

Dog(Green) vs Kerndrew
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Dog(Yellow) vs Kerndrew
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Dog(Black) vs Kerndrew
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Dog(Pink) vs Child
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Warehouse
Seeing the heroes approach the freemen crys out to his friends and wants to retreat into the warehouse, but Davor is able to catch up with him before he can disappear He has been on lookout duty, so has seen you coming and is not flatfooted.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor
Kerndrew
Shalissa
Dog(Green)
Dog(Yellow)
Dog(Pink)
Dog(Black)
Dog(Blue) - Dead
Dog(Red) - Dead
Freeman(Blue)(5)
Enzi
Gregor


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

If possible, I'd like Father Kerndrew's AoO to be vs. pink instead of vs. green; he's keeping an eye on the child and only taking AoOs on dogs going after child.

Attack of Opportunity:

+1 longsword, power attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10
damage, S, power attack: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 = 12

Father Kerndrew strikes quickly at the dog moving past him, then steps closer to the child to follow through with another swing at the threatening dog. He encourages the youth to flee. "You've got to get out of here kid. Now, while I have the dogs' attention!" He adds, to the people milling around, "Get this kid out of here!"

Actions:

5' step
Standard: attack pink

+1 longsword, power attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10
damage, S, power attack: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 4 = 15

Ugh, these rolls again.


NG| Male| Human | 4th Ranger| Conditions: 35/35| AC:17 (FF15/T13)| FO:+5 RE:+7 WL:+4|Initiative: +3/+5 in Jungle| Perc:+9| Stealth: +8

As the group raced down the street toward the smoke and the barking dogs Gregor was a little behind the others and saw Davor take 1 dog out, and then Father Kerdrew shouted he could take car of the dogs, and Davor and Shalissa headed toward the warehouse, but there were still 4 dogs and they could race around Father kerndrew. He pointed at a dog to his side and said Enzi Attack

handle animal DC10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

As he raced off down the street to come up next to the dog pulling his battle axe and hand axe as he ran. He swung the battleaxe at the dog as he came up close. He couldnt let them get to the little girl.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Jaguar 2HD Animal Companion.|15/15|AC:14, Touch:13 FF:11(+3 Dex,+1 Natural)|+4 FO/+6 RE/+4/WL|+3 Init|Low Light Vision,Scent| +2 Perception, +2 Sense Motive|

Enzi saw the dogs, and the crowd of people running this way and growled then heard the words. Enzi Attack and She leapt forward even as Gregor ran with her. She arrived a second after him as he swung his sharp steel at the dog, and saw it slice into its side

If the dog is still alive this attack is on him. If the dog is dead move the Enzi forward 1 more square to attack Green dog

She tried to grab the dog by the neck in her jaws.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

At the Market

Father Kerndrew is desperately trie to keep the dogs at bay, but the street pack is well versed in distracting a lonely prey and circles him easily.

Seeing his predicament Gregor decide to help his friend and ruhes forward to stand by his side. His hit pushes the dog away from the shield, where enzi can pounce on it going for the throat.

Dog(Green)
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Dog(Yellow)
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Dog(Black)
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The dogs keep attacking Kerndrew from all sides and this time one of them manages to put his teeth into an protected thigh.

At the Warehouse
The arsonist Withdraws inside the warehouse shouting warnings to his friends.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor
Kerndrew
Shalissa
Dog(Green)
Dog(Yellow)
Dog(Pink) - Dying
Dog(Black)
Dog(Blue) - Dying
Dog(Red) - Dead
Freeman(Blue)(5)
Enzi
Gregor


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew nods at Gregor, grateful the man and Enzi stayed behind. His vision of himself as a glorious savior so very often failed to realize; it's good to have backup.

He continues to try to fend off the dogs.

Actions:

Standard: attack black

+1 longsword, power attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10
damage, S, power attack: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 = 16


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa double moves around the fence and towards her companion "I do not like this Davor... we have to be careful..."

Then shouting inside the warehouse "Why are you doing this?! Get out of our place!"


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor looks around, worried about a possible ambush. He keeps his dagger ready. "I agree. If they're burning our stuff no doubt they'd try to kill us. But they're probably cowards that'll run if we give 'em a good bit of bleeding!"

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

GM Dice:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

At the Warehouse

Stopped by Shalissas words, Davor peers into the darkness of the warehouse. fortunately (?) for him the small fire the insurgents started is throwing some light and he is able to spot a freeman sitting atop a stash of cratesm, waiting for Davor to rush along. The man has another crate prepared to throw it on anyone running below him.

In the meantime you hear a loud crach of breaking glass somewhere on the left side.

There is a small fire burning on the laft crate.
You don't know where the man is whom you chased inside.
The blue icon marks the area of the new crash.

At the Market

Kerndrew continue to defends the child with his body and shield, but he can barely spend any thought on attack and his swing misses the dogs. Gregor and Enzi continue to help Kerndrew drive the dogs back, but the effect of there strikes is marginal for now.
Fortunately by now the girl has gotten out of her panic and is runnng towards a man further down the street.

Botting Gregor
Att Battle axe vs. green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Att Hand axe vs. green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Enzi Bite vs. yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Enzi Claws vs. yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Enzi Claws vs. yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Dog(Green)vs Gregor
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Dog(Yellow) vs Enzi
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Dog(Black) vs Kerndrew
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Dam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor
Kerndrew
Shalissa
Dog(Green)(2)
Dog(Yellow)(6)
Dog(Pink) - Dying
Dog(Black)
Dog(Blue) - Dying
Dog(Red) - Dead
Freeman(Blue)(5)
Freeman(Red)
Enzi(25/27)
Gregor(32/35)


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"I heard something there to the west Davor... a big crash" Shalissa reaches the warehouse doors, and upon seeing the man doing something with the box, he points to him and utters a single word of command "Come here!" overriding whatever he is attempting to do.
Will 15 language dependent, mind affecting

HP 27/27 AC 16 TAC 12


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew keeps pressing the dogs, his strikes unfortunately aimed more at keeping them away from the girl than anything else, as he shifts from his more powerful strokes to a more nuanced attack that's more likely to land.

Actions:

Standard: attack black

+1 longsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
damage, S: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor considers the man with the crate. Probably expecting someone to just wander across under him. "More of them but that one planning to slow us by dropping his crate. Well, I'll help him drop it.... Can you conjure water? We'll need to put out the fires!" He moves up to the side of the pile of crates and throws a dagger at the man.

Thrown dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
damage if that hits?: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

At the warehouse
Will Save Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Having seen the ambusher Davor tris to throw his dagger, but the man is well hidden in the shadows and the dagger bores itself with a loud thud! into a wooden crate to his left.

Shalissa tries to order the man around, but her command can't shake the convictions of the man. He lifts his Shortbow and fires at the cleric hitting her in the right arm. Further down the warehouse you her other people rushing around.

Freeman(Red) vs. Shalissa
Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Dam: 1d6 ⇒ 3

At the warehouse

After Kerndrew hits anothr dog with a clean sweep of his mighty sword the remaining Dogs run away.
I believe its three turns after the others left this place so you will arrive at the warehouse next turn.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor
Kerndrew
Shalissa(24/27)
Dog(Green)(2)
Dog(Yellow)(6)
Dog(Pink) - Dying
Dog(Black)
Dog(Blue) - Dying
Dog(Red) - Dead
Freeman(Blue)(5)
Freeman(Red)
Enzi(25/27)
Gregor(32/35)


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Ouch!" Shalissa shouts in pain and looks up at the archer a bit concerned her magic is loosing oomph.

Holding the harmed shoulder she looks back at the fire "Sorry, Davor, you will have to take care of him yourself, I need to put out those flames!"

The elf touches the leaf holy symbol hanging from her neck "Mother of Waves, do not let the flames burn the work and hopes of your people" and as she completes the orison, a downpour of 8 gallons of water fall all over the fire.

HP 24/27 AC 16 TAC 12


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Seeing the man use his bow, then hearing Shalissa's exclamation and words Davor steps forward to slash at the man with his magic dagger. "This scum won't be any problem Shalissa. The fire is the only real danger here!" He considers trying to scare the man, but knows he isn't trained at that. Easier just to kill him! maybe!

To hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage if that hits: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Davor and Shalissa agree on the importance of fire fighting in a wooden Warehouse and Shalissa is able to douse the small fire with her spell.

In the meantime Davor is distracting the freeman and is caught by the man's heavy club for all his effort.

Freeman(Red) vs Davor
Club: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

BY now Gregor and Kerndrew have arrived, but are greeted by the other insurgents coming out of the other part of the warehouse.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor(22/30)
Kerndrew
Shalissa(24/27)
Freeman(Blue)(5)
Freeman(Red)
Freeman(Green)
Umagro(Gold)
Enzi(25/27)
Gregor(32/35)


HP 35 AC 20 TAC 14 FF 16 | CMD 17 (+2 vs trip) | Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +6 | Init +3 | Low-light +8 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+7,Bluff+13,Climb+4,Diplomacy+8,DisableDevice+14,Knowledges+9,Lin guistics+9,Spellcraft+11,Survival+4/+5,Swim+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Satisfied to see her orison worked to put out the fire, Shalissa turns her attention to the meddler "Davor! Your head!" The elf steps to the side, looking for a line out of cover, and raises a hand synchronizing a lightning arc with Davor ducking below the box.
Lightning arc-attacking into melee (touch) 6/7: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15
Electrical damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

HP 24/27 AC 16 TAC 12


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Davors timing is perfect the tha arc hits the man squarely in the chest, where it fizzels out with only minor effect.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor(22/30)
Kerndrew
Shalissa(24/27)
Freeman(Blue)(5)
Freeman(Red)(6)
Freeman(Green)
Umagro(Gold)
Enzi(25/27)
Gregor(32/35)


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew hustles to the courtyard gate, rushing towards the warehouse.

Double move: 40'

2,401 to 2,450 of 3,250 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kulkos Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv (SSk1) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.